The Earthshaker's Oath OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there actually singular monsters capable of destroying entire clans of giant sorcerers?

Are there actually singular monsters capable of destroying entire clans of giant sorcerers?
Spoilers. ;D

I just noticed the new character sheet. I shall take a look in a moment!

@Grif ♥ : Thanks for the feedback. Yep, petite and tall is a bit strange, perhaps I meant twee, or slender, or something like that. I'll change it. 'Growing & blooming' is a bit vague I'll admit to that. I actually meant it to be, as it offers so many possibilities. One thing I can promise: I don't like powerplay. So, Blomma's power won't be too awesome. I envision her being able to make a young boy grow an adam's apple and break his voice, make a dead flower bloom in winter, an make a small itch grow out to be the biggest itch ever. Things like that. Wouldn't it also be cool, if she could like make one toe grow on a man's foot. Make it huge and pin him down to the floor by his toe.
That'll be the growing and blooming power. I'll be creative about it.

Name: Sotiris Serafeim, son of Argyris
Aha! Our first cyclops. Accepted~

@Grif ♥ : Thanks for the feedback. Yep, petite and tall is a bit strange, perhaps I meant twee, or slender, or something like that. I'll change it. 'Growing & blooming' is a bit vague I'll admit to that. I actually meant it to be, as it offers so many possibilities. One thing I can promise: I don't like powerplay. So, Blomma's power won't be too awesome. I envision her being able to make a young boy grow an adam's apple and break his voice, make a dead flower bloom in winter, an make a small itch grow out to be the biggest itch ever. Things like that. Wouldn't it also be cool, if she could like make one toe grow on a man's foot. Make it huge and pin him down to the floor by his toe.
That'll be the growing and blooming power. I'll be creative about it.
A strange power. I had assumed it would be exclusively plant related, but I'm actually rather interested in seeing how it's used.

Seeing as how the only other person I know who's still interested has said he's had to hold off on his character, I'm thinking of starting up the in-character thread soon. I'll leave it for a few days to see if anyone else shows interest, butt hen we can get to work. I think we've built up a decently sized and interesting crew, and I can't wait to get started! It might be finished before the end of the week, luck permit, unless anyone has any reason to ask if we mind postponing it a little while.

Hahaha... @Grif ♥. Yeah, I could use the power in that way as well. Probably will. But there are so many, other creative ways to use it. Count on me to do so. ;) Don't postpone! I'm all for starting asap. Have a nice week, and let's meet up at the end of it. Ciao!

I guess there are! I'm finally free now, so I think I'm going to slowly get to work on starting the main thread. Hopefully it'll be done, as I said, by the end of the week at the latest.

Reactions: Gorgoniy
Really looking forward to starting this when you have a moment Grif ;)

Reactions: Gorgoniy
Gosh, that thread took me far too long to make.

Hope you all enjoy it now that it's up. We've officially started!

• Love
Reactions: Muirgen
That was wonderful Grif, and already watching and plotting! I probably will not be able to write until tomorrow evening, but so looking forward to the start of this!

Name: Caylor Heggradun
Sex: Male

Appearance:
oddsman_by_secretscience-d607rl9.jpg

Character Portrait Source

Caylor is youthful in appearance, his frame outgrowing his musculature at the moment, leaving him in that somewhat awkward stage of fit, teenage lankiness. Broad shouldered, and somewhat narrow of waist, if he survives to adulthood, he would likely fill out into a somewhat lean and graceful warrior, rather than a burly boulder throwing brute. His skin is somewhat on the paler side, while his dark brown hair is kept trim and neat in a style more reminiscent of the human warriors of the city.

Skills and Abilities:
Having been raised, for most of his life within the walls of the city, and being half raised by the hands of humans, Caylor is exceptionally skilled and intelligent for a Giant of his age. Where he currently lacks in strength, he makes up for in skill as an archer and a melee combatant. He is as well versed as any human warrior his age in the use of the war hammer, spear, dagger, mace, shield and bow. Caylor also does wear fairly sturdy armour. He is a skilled fletcher, and has learned the basics of bowmaking, and metal work. He knows how to hunt, but is still lacking in experience to be truly proficient. He has also learned how to play a couple of different kinds of drums, from a Bodhrán to a slit drum. He may also thank his mother for his literacy.

Finally the young Heggradun finds himself attuned not to the earth, fire air, water or any living thing, but to that which is dead. He seems to have an innate sense of when something close by to him is nearing the hour of its demise. It does not seem to be a precognitive ability, as he doesn't get the feeling of spiritual weight when something dies suddenly, but when it is deathly ill or mortally wounded. Another ability he has discovered, is the ability to feel when something undead is near. While many would delight in this, having uncanny knowledge of when something foul is close at hand, it seems to have a hindering effect in that if he can feel them, they seem to be able to feel him as well. In combat, undead seem drawn towards him, above all other threats. Finally, is that Caylor has a connection with the deceased. The most recently dead, he can feel as well, like something that draws him towards them. He doesn't know what this means, but he feels like if he tried, he could possibly communicate with their spirit, or even raise the corpse into some kind of animation. Something which he rejects as aberrant and unnatural. He does not welcome his gifts, and tries his best to avoid them.

Weaponry and Equipment:
While he is trained in a variety of weapons, Caylor favours his warhammer. It was originally commissioned by his father, and delivered two years to the day, of when his family accepted the terms offered by the Queen, on the very first day that Giant and Human kind agreed to work together. Unfortunately, Drukal never got to handle the mighty weapon. His mother, Sûrna placed it in his care just last year, on the Anniversary the day of Union. It is well crafted weapon, useable by one or two hands, with a wood haft, steel reinforcement, and a solid steel head. The impact face ground to have five jutting points, to increase the armor penetration capability, and a stout spike on the reverse. The wood protruding from the head is capped in steel as well, to prevent damage, and add another striking face. In addition to this, he carries a standard spear, his yew long bow (unstrung) with an assortment of twenty-eight shafts, and a modified human arming sword, featuring an increased tang and hilt length so that he can use it as a long fighting knife. His final weapon, is his large, five and a half foot diameter shield. Made of laminated wood, with a rawhide covering and steel edge, he always has several on hand, knowing just how fragile they can be.

His armour is primarily hardened leather, over a quilted gambeson. He has added steel schynbalds, with knee protection, with some lames of metal over the fore-part of his thighs, strapped and anchored in place. His arms also feature extra armour, with lamed steel pauldrons and rerebraces. His right arm features a little less armour on the rerebrace, but adds more to the leather vambrace, which also acts as a bracer. His left arm features a small wrist collar, to give his extra flexibility, without limiting the movement of his fighting hand as much. To protect his hands, he wears leather gauntlets with maille backing. All of the metal is lacquered to dark shades of grey and green, the leather left a dark brown, helping him to blend in with the environment, rather than stand out.

Otherwise wears comfortable woven clothing, with furs for warmth. When on march, he carries a pack laden with food rations, cup, bowl, and spoon. Spare clothing, bowyer and fletching tools should he need them, several spare bowstrings, oil and cloth for maintaining his armour and weapons. Also known to carry a frame drum when on march, for entertainment when around the fire at night. A hunting/woodcraft knife he keeps sheathed on his belt at all times.

Biography:
Young Caylor was born eight years before the doors of Isanbjorg were opened to the Giants, the clan his parents belonged to was small, but determined to survive. But the losses kept dwindling their numbers. When an emissary of the Kingdom found them, there were but sixteen left. They were invited back to the kingdom. Staring extinction if they stayed, the chief of the clan agreed to at the very least, hear what this Queen was offering, from her own mouth. They would become part of the founding clans of the agreement, and in the coming years, worked hard to overcome their natural xenophobia, and work with the humans, and other giants that took the offer. As the years went by, Drukal and Sûrna became fairly well respected within the community. Proving to be proficient warriors and perhaps, a bit less awkward in their interactions with others.

Caylor, only but eight when he arrived within the stone walls, found himself in a unique position, one of the first generation of Giants who would grow together with humans. He found his cultures intermingling from the fairly complete immersion, and the majority of his xenophobia was eradicated by close proximity to so many other people. Even as a child, he had to carry his own weight, of course he did before moving to the Kingdom, but now it was different. More structured. Like most Giant children, his parents were frequently on march, or manning the walls. Knowing what was expected of them, the Caylor started training with the humans. At only eight years old, he was integrating well with the human children a few years older physically, but he was mentally of course, younger. Caylor took this as a challenge to improve himself; spending long hours trying to learn as much as possible. Eventually, he made friends with several human children and their families, helping where he could.

Drukal died while on march just before the second year of Anniversary of the Union of Humans and Giants, but for Caylor, he took it with pride and honour; His father had sacrificed himself so that his comrades could kill the horror that had already slain five others. Having been training with the humans, he had come to learn of terms like Loyalty, Honour, and Chivalry. Terms that were endearing to him. His father became a benchmark for himself. A benchmark he longed to measure up to. A mark he desired to surpass. He would protect his family, those by blood, and those by love.

Two years ago, his mother received a crippling wound to her left leg, and while it might have healed, an infection set in, forcing a Chiurgeon to amputate her leg to save her life. She contines to serve the Queen, as an aid to Marshall Vargr, and emissary to new clans who wish to join the Kingdom. By deeds of both his parents, the Heggradun family has garnered a measure of wealth and respect within the Kingdom. This has enabled Caylor to afford arms and armour of solid quality. When he turned nineteen, and was approved by both the trainer and the Chief of his clan, he swore Oath to the Queen Elisavet, to the Kingdom, and to his Chief.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caylor looks great Goldmarble *big thumbs up*

Grif, I'm sorry but an awful lot of stuff happened tonight that I didn't intend, and I have to be up ridiculously early in the morning tomorrow. I do plan to write tomorrow night though, after I get home from work.

Hope this works as an average giant character with a little bit of intelligence and also a pet sheep somewhere down the road.

Name: Slavuk Kazyar
Sex: Male
Appearance: Slavuk is one of the Northern Giants by his own accord though others may argue he is not northern enough. His pale skin, matted dark hair, and razor sharp teeth unmistakably denote him as a northern tribesman to the humans, but amongst giants he only skirts along the tundra's. He stands abreast with most others, nearly at twelve and three quarter feet tall and weighing too much to gauge with any manmade scale. His shoulders are broad, his back and arms strong, and his gnarled hands evident of a past of violence. He wears a mismatched set of wool, leather and fur sewn by his own novice hands. During the winter large patched fur cloaks cover his body and keep at bay the freezing winds.

Skills & Abilities:
  • Hunting and gathering skills;
  • Cold weather survival skill;
  • Close quarters combat;
  • Navigation;
  • Animal shepherding and husbandry;

Equipment:
  • Clothing; wool, leather and fur composite with heavy fur cloak.
  • Assorted utilitarian equipment such as a waterskin, carrying sack and similar items.
  • Twelve foot spear tipped with an edged tusk and made of a blackwood shaft.
  • Eight six sided bone dice.

Biography: Prior to his life amongst the Earthshakers Slavuk led a life of bloodlust and savagery. Though calm at first and kind in his youth he matured quickly. Tribal differences amongst the more northern giants were common to him, and though his family tended to avoid these confrontations by skirting the edges of contested territories they did not escape unscathed. Nomadic shepherds, hunters, gatherers, warriors, and survivors Slavuk was raised in a tribe whose goal was to survive not strive. A few times he'd imagined himself nearly cleaved in two by great stone blades only to be saved by kinsmen in the heat of battle. Considered a meek giant Slavuk fought hard to prove his worth though to little avail.

Slavuk never rose to any great rank among his tribe though held many victories, and it was through these he'd learned that there was more to combat than being strong. Through crude, albeit effective, strategies he earned the name Kazyar as he struck down an opposing tribe's leader by cleaving him in two. Though he enjoyed a short rise to fame it foretold his inevitable fall. Two years later the defeated tribe ambushed his and slaughtered them. He attempted to retaliate, but his efforts never bore any fruit and only served to weaken his tribe. Without any alternative he retreated to the south to the world of men and sought safety behind their walls.

Hedonistic (sloth & gluttony)
Reactive
Strong-willed
Perceptive
Economical

Last edited by a moderator:
Threw out a simple post.

I'm gone from, well now until Monday evening more or less because of work. This is a common occurrence for me so I'll probably only be able to post Monday or Wednesdays.

Aza has decided to drop the roleplay, which means we've only got one more post to wait for until everyone has put in their input. I'm going to get to work on the next post and it should be up within the next few days. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.