7. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
4c2b775ad330ae9acc08c7dc861c27cc.jpg
bc20b1d88e303ffe9fe50b4cf6e53b1f.jpg
mist-xg-g8332-demo1.jpg
5b3264d9238dae64454235b50930191b.jpg

"You have heard it. The days are done. Piracy has become a brutal lifestyle for the most vicious of people. The average lifespan is grim. The riches are sparse but the desperation is intense. We may not be here for that much longer, so let us bring the last of our joys and sufferings too its end." -The sayings of the last living pirate.

A crew of four pirate captains looking to recruit individuals in a last ditch effort too make some money and glory for themselves. After a horrible effort gone wrong they have been forced too become a part of one ship. This alliance is only temporary though as once they find their fill of riches they plan on splitting and finding their own way afterwards.

East+India+Trading+Company+Flag+Framed+Graphic+Art.jpg
latest

You have probably heard of them. The British East India Trading Company. The British system of slavery and drug trading in the region mimicking those of the Spaniards. They hold serious power in the ocean and their system is as brutal as it is efficient. They have become more acute at not only taking over the ocean but taking over any worthwhile properties in the process. Our goal here is simple, to take what they tax from the people. They may not be called pirates but the ugliness of their actions are no different than ours.

57c4ddd7e291db6f23e715ff21731168.jpg
tumblr_mt41z2jCg81sfg0s0o1_400.jpg
c3fdab6877bc5e4cbd6e63fd172d3420.jpg
c7e7ba985fcf06e1ae36fafdc6d84bd9.jpg

Their captains are fearless and the individuals who lead these armada's are prepared for their violent foray with the so called criminals. Spanish, French, Dutch and Portuguese empires are also taking their claim. With China itself trying too take up in defending its own waterways.

This will be a place where magic and technology also clash. Elements once thought of as fantasy will be rampant among the new world as people create societies within these new lands. Whatever the previous natives have left behind may cause worry and fear. As the plagues that sickened them have left very little behind except, pain, suffering and anger.

---
This will be something I am planning on creating but first trying too see what people think. It will be a roleplay where a group of four pirate captains are searching for individuals too join them. They have recently broken out from prison and have been forced too rely on one another too escape the hunters chasing them. Needing a crew, they have also swore on helping one another until they have required their own ships and crews. This has led too a unfortunate situation of trust which has troubled the group. Sea monsters roam the ocean, the lands of Mesoamerica have been fabled of gold, as well as the introduction of things like werewolves and vampires have made their ways too this region. It seems like a mix of everything awful and while this is all happening the East and its history are making things interesting as well.

It will be a roleplay focused on exploration, figuring out to deal with awful scenarios and wondering who too trust as there will be guns aimed at all sides.

These are the last days of piracy. It is your final chance to make a haul and a future as the seas become conquered and quelled by businessmen.

Pen me down as interested. I always love a pirate roleplay. I take it that the four pirate captains are playable or?

Reactions: TheDevil'sGame
Im definetely interested. This set up sounds fun.

Totally interested!!!! :D What are posting expectations though, in terms of frequency and the level of writing (i.e. advanced, intermediate, etc.)?

Glad too see people interested! As for the roles that will be open. Three of the four captains will be available as I will take one of them. Doesnt bean everyone has to be a captain either as the goal is the split will be equally fair for everyone.

There have been rumors throughout the ages of the Chinese Treasure ships that sailed hundreds of years ago. The wealth they obtained and sent was massive and there have not been ships remotely close to those that once existed. They have rumored to still sail the Pacific. Their items being so large even the hefty ships sit a bit deeper within the water. Though, this is only one of many things to potentially fight for. There are also rumors of a new Spanish Armada. Preparing to wage another war with Britain. Could be an easy time for pirates too plunder as this conflict can lead too easy money.

I'll be posting more I was simply curious if people wanted to give it a shot. I would say intermediate to advanced is what I'm looking for. Simply descriptions as well as giving some detailed explanations and such. I would say a couple paragraphs would be solid. Can be long certainly but want to stay away from massive stories. A way to make it easy to stay on topic as well as keep people invested.

Magic and fantasy will play a large role as well as technological advancements leveling the playing field. Don't believe supernatural entities will have advantages as humans during this time are desperate to find advancements in efficiently killing. Nothing last forever is the name of the game here and the pirate captains have to be careful. They may not trust their crew or one another and expect at least some loss. They are pirates so loss of limbs or eyes is fairly common place. What may you be willing too risk?

@Kat , @Kurogane86 , @ethicalslut

Should have probably mentioned you guys DX but it will be fairly open in the way on which too decide things. The place is dangerous and it is the end of piracy. I'm debating in where to start it but obvious homes for pirates are Port Royal, Nassau and Tortuga.

It will likely begin with the group being recruited as their making their way towards the ship and something taking place which reveals the desperation people are in.

Reactions: Kurogane86
So we're a crew of four pirate captains- How will that work out? Who's "top dog"?

I could see the fun in everyone vying for the leadership position!

Maybe each captain has a field of specialty. So everyone has their moment to shine. Or something.

I'm also curious about who's recruiting lol.

You had my interest at pirates.

These four pirate captains will be forced into working with one another. Originally all imprisoned and awaiting execution the war of Spanish Succession has led too conflicts not only within Europe but the Caribbean. Giving them a chance too escape during the preceding chaos. Only capable of taking a single ship the four have found their way back towards one of the pirate capitals too regroup and replenish themselves. Though, they cannot afford more than the ship they already have and some crew members.

Splitting up during this dangerous time is not wise as each one of them is incredibly wanted. The possibility of one of them being captured and tortured for the information of the rest is certain. Not only that but could give way in what region they are currently pillaging. Their only hope is to take advantage of the war and work together too get enough too live off of.

While there will be four captains they will be challenging one another and it will be a process of increasing vitriol. These captains are not allies nor do they have good relations with one another. They so happen to just be in the same place at the right time. There is also not a certain way of splitting a ship between the four unless they kill the other three. Staying on land is not a particularly good venture as they are being hunted and wanted.

At least on the seas they can see their killers coming. That is much different than what is on land.

As for recruiting that is something the four should speak about. Though, hilariously, pirate captains are voted in by their crew. So who may be leading overall will likely decided by the people on the ship. As well, as that position can immediately change if another majority rises. We also have Quartermaster who runs the ship in absence of the captain and is keen on making sure the peoples interest are heard of the captain. The Sailing Master decides navigation. Boatswain takes care of the supplies and condition of the ship. Carpenter is the ship repair man. And finally the Master Gunner who took care of all weapons and cannons on the ship.

I am glad got you guys interested I would like too hear more on your thoughts as well!

@Applo , @Kat , @ethicalslut

With these problems though, the four former captains only know of one solution. They can do what they have always done and rid the wealthy of gold. This solves many of their problems and they all know that they need too get out of this business. Having their pockets full can help them finally disappear from this lifestyle. Ships are further filled with more wealth than they ever have been but slavery, other pirates, and wars are brooding everywhere. It is a desperate time. They have to either succeed or die like many of the rest in these seas. They are pooling the last of their wealth for a final chance at this. They all know though that the fewer they have though the larger the haul. So this should be on the mind of each of them. They are not friends they are only necessary allies.

Doing the worst may be in your best interest. In this roleplay I will try too challenge characters and see what they are willing to do. Consequences will result from the actions taken. So be careful of what you decide too do.

I believe the positions will be:

Four Former Captains

Quarter Master

Navigator/Sailing Master: @Kat

Boat Swain

Alchemist/ Doctor (This will essentially be the person aiding in medicine and health of crew)

Master Gunner

And if its only just us at the moment we can have multiple roles as well but that should be it at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kurogane86
*to

I'd definitely like the sailing master/sea artist, so you can fill that out. I thought there was four captains only though. Did you mean you want more people? If so, how many?

*to

I'd definitely like the sailing master/sea artist, so you can fill that out. I thought there was four captains only though. Did you mean you want more people? If so, how many?

There will be only four at least former captains. I don't plan on making anymore captains and I am making character sheets and I think I am fine with the number!

I guess I am saying that not everyone needs to be a captain. They can be any of the other roles even simply a mate if they wish too. I can fill any roles we have open spots for.

I apologize if I said anything confusing but Sea Artist and Sailing Master shall be yours!

Last edited:
*to

There will be only four at least former captains. I don't plan on making anymore captains and I am making character sheets and I think I am fine with the number!

I guess I am saying that not everyone needs to be a captain. They can be any of the other roles even simply a mate if they wish too. I can fill any roles we have open spots for.

I apologize if I said anything confusing but Sea Artist and Sailing Master shall be yours!

Ok, so the actual amount of people, would be-? 6-8 people or?

*to

Ok, so the actual amount of people, would be-? 6-8 people or?

That sounds like a good number though I will give it the rest of the day. I don't mind simply starting with this and would be fine nonetheless! I am already creating the introduction and first post at the moment.

I can write a lot when the flow and such are right so with that said what's the post requirements. Also while i sometimes have spelling and such, im willing to proofread my posts and try hard make sure i make less mistakes.

ADEPT

An Adept roleplay is best suited to players who have a varied character repertoire and a grasp of complex themes. High reading comprehension is expected. There should be little to no "fluff" posts.

I believe Adept would be the minimum required for this roleplay. I would expect at least a paragraph per post as well as descriptions of emotion, details of physical activities and well written verbal communication.

I don't expect anything passing ten thousand words but I have been known for such things. I plan on making an effort against such long posts. I want to make interesting and detailed posts still so I apologize beforehand.

I am still thinking about this and haven't been fully set yet. I hope people can at least post regularly and stay involved. I haven't decided on a schedule yet but I don't wish for a posting order unless others wish for one. I would rather people post when they can though I will keep the pressure on and continue the story. Though, don't worry you may be knocked out for a fight or situation but we can find a way to introduce you once again if anything happens.

Does anyone have any wishes for particular posting requirements?

• Sweet
Reactions: junebug
ADEPT

An Adept roleplay is best suited to players who have a varied character repertoire and a grasp of complex themes. High reading comprehension is expected. There should be little to no "fluff" posts.

I believe Adept would be the minimum required for this roleplay. I would expect at least a paragraph per post as well as descriptions of emotion, details of physical activities and well written verbal communication.

I don't expect anything passing ten thousand words but I have been known for such things. I plan on making an effort against such long posts. I want to make interesting and detailed posts still so I apologize beforehand.

I am still thinking about this and haven't been fully set yet. I hope people can at least post regularly and stay involved. I haven't decided on a schedule yet but I don't wish for a posting order unless others wish for one. I would rather people post when they can though I will keep the pressure on and continue the story. Though, don't worry you may be knocked out for a fight or situation but we can find a way to introduce you once again if anything happens.

Does anyone have any wishes for particular posting requirements?

I believe adept is the best (if not advanced lol ;D). I would really, really ask that people put forth the effort to help move the plot along and give people something to work with in regards to actions and reactions, collaborating if you have to. Writing samples would be cool imo to know if someone is considered adept by you beforehand, Devil... but I digress. High reading comprehension, little to no fluff, and great grammar and spelling is always appreciated. I love details in regards to scenery, physical actions, and emotions; the complete embodiment for a story. Whatever is decided Devil, I support your decision. :)

Do we need character sheets? Would love some basic character sheets, at the very least.