D

Dirty Dan

Original poster
Hello there, and welcome to my thread!

I'm Dirty Dan, but feel free to call me whatever you'd like. I've been wanting a romance-adventure-fantasy type of role-play for a while, so I thought of this prompt. Please note that I'd prefer those who can write more than one paragraph, with decent grammar and spelling. It would also be nice if you were to contribute to the plot/direction of the role-play just as much as I. Make this world your own alongside me.

Please be aware that this role-play will more than likely contain sexually explicit content and potentially graphic action. Now, onto the prompt. The plot I had in mind is relatively simple and open-ended, allowing for us to tailor the story as we go along. It is set within a High Fantasy world, taking inspiration from many different sources, such as the Forgotten Realms from Dungeons and Dragons, Tolkien's Middle Earth, and a few others that I can't exactly remember right now.

Xaal is a Drow, formerly a warrior and the son of a noble, banished from his original home in the Underdark. The Underdark itself is a massive network of dark and shadowy caverns, located deep underneath the surface of the World Above - the World Above being the terminology used by the Drow to label the expansive lands above them. The cause of his banishment is unknown, even to him, although he could hazard a few guesses as to why. See, among the black-hearted, merciless, and cold Drow that inhabits the Underdark, Xaal is a bit different. He actually feels compassion and love, unlike the rest of his kind, who lives their lives in purely beneficial partnerships instead of marriages. Although his persona may be perceived as not unlike that of his species, underneath a cool and sharp gaze, lies a big, beating heart, passion, and an actual soul.

Banishment from the Underdark, especially for a warrior - Noble, or not - involves constant trials in the form of combat. In addition to this, the Underdark itself is irrevocably dangerous, with monsters and heathens lurking within the shadows of every twist and turn. Even with his immense skill in the art of combat, Xaal barely made his way to the World Above in one piece...and, even then, the never-before-seen sunlight was a foe in and of itself.

Now, stuck in an entire world that he knew nothing of, Xaal moved through the unknown forest through sheer force of will, clothes torn and bloodied blades loosely gripped in his fists.

It was pure Fate alone that eventually brought him face-to-face with The Elf.

[spoili]
a780cfdd419a69a521151fdae0629457.png

Name: Xaal Daevion'lyr
Date of Birth: 12th of The Claw of Winter. He has lives 22 years.
Place of Birth: Ched Nasad - The Underdark
Species/Racial Origin: Drow Elf

Social Class/Community Status: Before his Exile, Xaal was considered to be a Noble of high birth. In the World Above, he is an Unknown. He, technically, has no social class now.

Language: Natively speaks in Drowic, although he has been taught the common tongue of most humanoid races.
Family/Friends/Pets/Etc: He has an extensive family in the Underdark, all of whom he has cut ties. Currently, he has no one.

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 132lbs
Hair: Pale white
Eyes: A gleaming silver.

Physical Description: Xaal is a youthful and handsome Drow, due to the selective breeding most of the Underworld Elves utilize. Smooth, dusk-colored skin, sharp and gleaming silver eyes, and silky, pale white hair marks the features of the elf. Full, lean, and naturally tilting lips sits below a sharp, aristocratic nose, going well with a lean, angular jawline. His physique is what you would expect in a typical Drow warrior - lean, muscular arms are attached to a slim, sculpted torso, leading down into a natural 'V' shaped waist. His legs are similarly lean and muscular, showcasing an agile and strength-focused fighting style. The accursed sun symbol, a pale white that contrasts greatly against his dark skin, is located on the right side of his chest, right below his heart.

Equipment: Before his Exile, Xaal was one for light-weight, yet durable clothing made of fine fabric and leather - dark in color, of course. After fighting his way to the surface with only the clothes on his back, Xaal's equipment and clothing has taken a turn for the worst. A ripped, dark gray tunic that's been cut in the center, showing a sharp, defined collarbone - made of a soft, silk-like material. Dark black pants, torn at the ankles, with leather seams. Worn black boots. A necklace made of a cold silver metal, with the symbol of a moon hanging from the wire. His clothing was obviously made for casual wear, not travelling. Sheathed at his hips are his two blades, finely crafted and tempered. The metal is cold and razor-sharp, curving slightly to the left for more slashing power.

Personality/Psyche: Xaal was raised to believe in 'Survival of the Fittest', and the mentality that no one is to be trusted - not even family. It is said that all Drows are inherently evil, and that is primarily because of this type of childhood. However, Xaal is a bit...different. Outwardly cold, fearless, and mysterious, with a stoic frown or a merciless smirk, one wouldn't think that he is different than the rest of his kind. One could say that he walks like a predator - back straight, shoulders confident and broad, footsteps silent. His mind and tongue is as sharp as his blade, and in battle, he seemingly shows no remorse, fighting with the ferocity and surgical precision of a daemon.

However, what he has that his brethren lacks, is an actual morality. Even though he can be rather straightforward and blunt with his mannerisms, Xaal isn't rude or aggressive unless provoked. He believes that respect is earned, not given, and treats everyone as an equal, even thought there are times where he falls back on Drowic insults when particularly vexed. On the inside, deep down, he has a kindness within his soul, that is often shadowed by his unwillingness to trust and let others in. Despite this, when his mood allows, Xaal has no troubles with flirting/seducing. Courting within the Underdark involves blatant displays of affection and teasing, which can come as a wanted or unwanted surprise to those of the World Above. It is hard to tell if they are serious with their advances, however. Xaal himself is straightforward and dominant in his courting, seeing no reason to act cowardly and meek.

If you manage to gain his trust, then it is unlikely that you will ever lose it, unless your betray him in turn. Xaal can, and will, die for those he truly loves and trusts. There just isn't anyone within that category. Personally, he believes that he isn't capable of love, or being loved. Flirting is one thing, and sex is another, but true, natural love? Who would love him? The other races detested Drows, and the Drows themselves thought of love to be a weakness.
[/spoili]

Last edited by a moderator:
This reminds me so much of The Dark Elf Trilogy and I love it!
I am super interested in this idea.