The Dreamweaver (Have your wish granted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lady Chess

Come child. Come out and play. For here you are in the Dreamweaver's Domain.

Fear not the mortal errs and woes. Sleep and all your worry worlds will go.

Make a wish and close your eyes. It'll come to you among the night.

And when it sing then you sing too. Or the Weaver will then come for you.

Premises:
Ever wanted to be extremely attractive? Powerful? Smart? Your wish is its command.
Your character has a wish they want granted so badly that they would give anything for it. Good news! In your dreams a spirit who calls itself Dreamweaver came to you and told you that if you accept its deal it will grant your wish. It asks that in exchange for your wish, you give it control of your unconscious mind. Namely, your dreams.

Plot Specific Rules:
  • The Dreamweaver decides all the settings (including what characters are with you) when your character is asleep/unconscious if you make its deal.
  • You cannot have your wish granted if you have not contracted with the Dreamweaver.
  • You cannot summon the Dreamweaver. You can, however, decide to hunt it.
  • You can decide to disobey the Dreamweaver. But, that might cause it to try and punish you.
  • The Dreamweaver CAN cause you to spontaneously enter into a daydream. Be wary.
  • Characters who have NOT made a wish that effects their physical attributes (their body or the way they look) CAN wake themselves up. (Wishing for intelligence is not a physical attribute)
  • If your character decides to break the contract with the Dreamweaver then that does not release you from its conditions.
I will be adding more later, but would anyone be into this?

In the waking world, I was thinking of a highscool setting? The characters who make the contracts would be teachers or students.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Oooooh, definitely interested.

Reactions: Lady Chess
Interested, but it depends on the speed of replies between partners.

But I am interested in participating.

I'm also open to suggestions if anyone has anything they would like to add. Like setting, rules, etc.

I feel like this might be a good setting for children of all ages; even little kids want things like being able to do whatever they want without their parents punishing them. Hell, even adults too! It might be interesting to mix ages. Maybe one person could post on a forum or something looking for other people who have seen the Dreamweaver, and that's how everyone meets up.

I like the idea of all ages. I'll be sure to include that. And, yeah, if we get a few more people I'll start up a sign-up thread.

I absolutely prefer threads; groups strike me as too complicated unless you're sure you're going to have tons (like, 15+) of players.

Okay, I've updated the info post. Any suggestions?

Come child. Come out and play. For here you are in the Dreamweaver's Domain.
Fear not the mortal errs and woes. Sleep and all your worry worlds will go.
Make a wish and close your eyes. It'll come to you among the night.
And when it sings then you sing too. Or the Weaver will then come for you.

Premises:
Ever wanted to be extremely attractive? Powerful? Smart? Your wish is its command.
Your character has a wish they want granted so badly that they would give anything for it. Good news! In their dreams a spirit who calls itself Dreamweaver came to them and tells them that if they accept its deal it will grant their wish. It asks that in exchange for their wish, they give it control of their unconscious mind. Namely, their dreams.
Plot Specific Rules:
  • The Dreamweaver decides all the settings (including what characters are with you) when your character is asleep/unconscious if you make its deal.
  • You cannot have your wish granted if you have not contracted with the Dreamweaver.
  • You cannot summon the Dreamweaver. You can, however, decide to hunt it.
  • You can decide to disobey the Dreamweaver. But, that might cause it to try and punish you.
  • The Dreamweaver CAN cause you to spontaneously enter into a daydream. Be wary.
  • Characters who have NOT made a wish that effects their physical attributes (their body or the way they look) CAN wake themselves up. (Wishing for intelligence is not a physical attribute)
  • If your character decides to break the contract with the Dreamweaver then that does not release you from its conditions.
Basic Rules:
  • Be nice. No god-modding. No drama. Be cool. Be cool.
  • You may have multiple characters as long as you are active on them.
  • There is not a boy/girl ratio. There is not a range on age.
  • The Dreamweaver WOULD NOT approach people who it knew were previously close with one another (family/friends). Keep that in mind when creating your character.
  • Character intimacy/trigger material should be put into spoilers if it goes beyond a pg range. IT MUST BE CLEARLY LABLED AS MATURE MATERIAL.
  • Settings outside of dreams are up to your character. Just, don't get too wild.
  • I will let you know if/when your character is accepted. Do not post in the rp thread until your character is official.
Character Sign up:
Basic Info:
  • Name:
  • Personality:
  • Star Sign:
  • Additional Info:
Plot Specific Info:
There's one of two ways you can do this. You can fill out the form, or we could rp the experience either in messages or just in the thread itself. You could also try just writing the experience on your own. In this case, I do not mind you god-modding the Dreamweaver.
  • What was your character dreaming about when they found the Dreamweaver/the Weaver found them? (What is their deepest desire/worst fear)
  • What form did they see the Weaver in when it approached them? (If your character had a spirit animal, what would it be?)
  • Did your character accept the Weaver's deal? If so, what was their wish?
  • Did your character attack the Dreamweaver? This may happen rather or not they contracted with the Weaver.

Looks good.

Late, late, late message but interested. *jumps to other thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.