The Dreamer - Sign-Up / OOC

• Thread starter Explicit Escritoire
  • Start date
Yes, Lord Daniel, bestow us with the gift of literature~

Do you want us to wait to post? Not sure what's going on in the IC right now. :\

(Also, sorry if my character comes across as OP. There's a lot that he's really shit at, I assure you. He's just in his element right now.)

Oh, no, I like your character. He adds a very epic feel to the roleplay, I think. I don't mind his ability. I mean, he and Farsight together took out the first phase of the boar. I'm not complaining about you in the least. Leona just decided the boar should be disintegrated and made it so :P that's all I'm really worried about. In fact, if I can just single her out and talk to her about it regularly, it should be fine for everybody else involved. She's never on, though :P basically, I'm modifying her post to make it so that she took the boar out of its second phase - the phase where its armor attempts to regrow, and where the tentacles retract and turn into the boar worm - and the boar worm is burrowed underground. It's basically just like a giant tumor, so it's easy to spot, you just have to hit the moving segment. It doesn't have a lot of health, and it can't escape the circle thanks to Nova. Really clever move on his part.

Yep. Daniel adds a really nice feel to it. And if i may say so i don't think he is OP. From what i read and see:
He has a high striking power (Probably the highest of the group) but only in 1 on 1 combat. His sword is big and he can take on a few enemies at once, but not as much as others of the group.
What he has in attack power and defense is made up for his lack in speed and agility. He wears a full plate armor if i am not mistaken. Even a undead (which's physical abilities are enhanced) can't move very free with it. I doubt that he can jump far or run fast.
There may be even more but for now i think he has a good balance.

Oh and Escy.
Mind if i do use that barrier now and then in the rp? I will try not to overuse it and give it a disadvantage next time.
And in case you are interested i can send you a complete movelist of Nova. Maybe you can find a move or two that shouldn't be used at all.

Yep. Daniel adds a really nice feel to it. And if i may say so i don't think he is OP. From what i read and see:
He has a high striking power (Probably the highest of the group) but only in 1 on 1 combat. His sword is big and he can take on a few enemies at once, but not as much as others of the group.
What he has in attack power and defense is made up for his lack in speed and agility. He wears a full plate armor if i am not mistaken. Even a undead (which's physical abilities are enhanced) can't move very free with it. I doubt that he can jump far or run fast.
There may be even more but for now i think he has a good balance.

That's pretty much exactly right. He's a duelist, a knight. He doesn't have many AoE style abilities, because he's really never needed them.
And he's -very- slow.

In addition, without his sword, he's pretty useless. The sword helps him a lot, despite the price he has to pay to it.

Sometimes i amaze myself. Thanks for confirming my analysis. You just made my day.

Now I feel like Farsight will be a bit OP... Although I'm usually good at underpowering my overpowered abilities. Meh... Ecsy knows how I play.

And I really like Daniel. I've always played a necro-type character in any RPG I've played, if I can. True, this Death Knight is like a palidan from orcs vs humans(such an old game...) but I ain't complainin'! :tongue:

By the way. From what i understood the Boar changed it's form and is now underground.
Has anyone of you a ability/skill to get it out or am i allowed to do it?

Well, I think it's still slightly above ground, a bulge is protruding, so I think we could still stab at it. But do what you want, I need to stop.... I feel like I'm going to fail this math test because I can't concentrate on studying...

I see.
Okay then i need a volunteer for a team attack. As you probably know by now, Nova can teleport. But this ability can be used to take others with him.
My idea: Nova takes one of you with him and teleports as high as possible above the target area. YOU only have to take over once nova took you with him, take a good aim and land your blow upon impact.

Well, since Daniel's slow as shit, he wouldn't be able to catch the thing by himself. But if he was teleported, he could land a pretty solid hit on it. Maybe?

Daniel would be the best choice, as I will be away for about an hour and he is definitely heavier and would deal more damage on impact.

Speed and Power combined. Let's show that thing what our characters can do together.

Is it bad that I heard the Captain Planet theme song when you said that...?

"By our powers combined! Daniel Nova, their an hero! Gunna bring that tumor thingy down to zero!"

I'd rather call it funny then bad. Thanks for the laugh.

Nova, you've already given me a weakness for the barrier ability. If the sword is damaged or removed, the barrier fades. I think the Ashen will figure that out rather quickly <3.

And I completely agree with what everybody is saying about Daniel. When I said he's overpowered, I meant it in more of a 'I feel like he's overpowered, because Basil is so damned good at making his abilities sound amazingly cool'. In my head, the difference is like... In reality, hitting somebody with a sword makes a cut, but in Fiesta (A animated MMORPG, where pretty colors and frequent seizures are the norm), a sword has flashies, pretty colors, enchanted auras and the occasional burst of energy seemingly from nowhere. Because glitter and sparkles make combat seem manlier. Stay glittery, Daniel.

And yes, the worm is still just underneath the earth. It looks more like a regular tumor to those watching it move around, and it can be easily detected. A well placed downward strike will very easily take it out. I have a few low-tier trash mobs figured out. They're pretty basic, and I'm pulling my ideas from several places at once. I actually can give a rough reference picture for each enemy type because they seem to so similarly resemble previously used designs. The boar, for example, looks a lot like the boar spirit from Princess Mononoke after being possessed by the darkness of humans.

Ashen Spawn - Lightweight infantry, very weak and susceptible to damage. Spawn in large groups.
Ashen Boar - Heavyweight, tank-like, several life phases. Transforms into a Boar Worm if phase 2 completes before it dies.
Boar Worm - A heavy tumor, moving beneath the forest floor. Often attacks with spines on its tail. Can hit anything within five feet of its 'body'.
Ashen Hellcaller - Lightweight, strikes quickly. Looks like a wolf, but with spines on its back. Rarely uses spines, but spines are a ranged attack.
Ashen Rider - A Spawn atop a Hellcaller. The Spawn slings the Hellcaller's spine. Spawn needs to be the first target.
Ashen Spawnling - Tiny spiders that occasionally form from the remains of a Spawn. They spawn in sets of three, and deal heavy damage. Low HP.
Ashen Eviscerator - A Spawn with heavy claws. Moves quickly, dies in one hit. If it manages to hit you, you WILL take bleeding damage.
Tumor - A tumor responsible for giving life to the Ashen Beings.
Tumor Matriarch - Spawns Tumors. High life points. If it's destroyed, all tumors in the area will die off. Gives a short break to the heroes.
Ashen Queen - ???

"It's Dead"

After all that epic literature, that's just amazing.

"It's Dead"

After all that epic literature, that's just amazing.

You're far too kind! I'll post in the morning, but I'm too tired to write anything decent. Sorry for holding you guys back, and I hope the thing that Daniel and Nova did to the boar was A-Okay!