The Dreamer - Sign-Up / OOC

• Thread starter Explicit Escritoire
  • Start date
Still the only undead. #HipsterUndeadGlasses.
Due to limited resources, you get this:
d66d6cb5-21de-40aa-b2bd-0e63f7d9b33a_zpsa3ea7bba.jpg

That sort of depends on the death knight.

Lord Soth, the most powerful of the AD&D death knights has the quote: "I can kill with a single word. I can hurl a ball of fire into the midst of my enemies. I rule a squadron of skeletal warriors, who can destroy by touch alone. I can raise a wall of ice to protect those I serve. The invisible is discernible to my eyes. Ordinary magic spells crumble in my presence." Presumably, he can raise an undead army if he so chose.

According to the AD&D manual, Death Knight abilities are as follows: A death knight's magical abilities make it especially dangerous. It constantly generates fear in a 5-foot radius, and it can cast detect magic, detect invisibility, and wall of ice at will. Twice per day, it can cast dispel magic. Once per day, it can use either power word, blind, power word, kill, or power word, stun. It can also cast symbol of fear or symbol of pain once per day, as well as a 20-dice fireball once per day.

However, most death knights have no ability to raise their own armies, and are instead, commanders or generals to more powerful necromancers. Daniel falls into this category, as before his transformation into a death knight he was just a knight -- with no inherent magical capabilities save for a healthy education. This somehow gave him the idea that he could use necromancy spells without necessarily having any magic of his own.

I just want to make sure.
There are currently 2 creatures left right? Mind if Nova kicks them to one volunteer so s/he can finish them off with one blow?
And also. Since they spawned from ash, how about we refer to them as "Ash Spawn"?

Well, I was going with Ash Beings, but I think that'll be the species name. Ash Spawn sounds good to me. You can help me name enemies as they arrive. I'm designing them as we speak. And sure, go ahead and coordinate with somebody here to have them prepared for ruining Mister Spawn's day. Also, there's one in full condition in front, one in poor condition in front, and two behind.

I had no idea about the ash thingies, I thought you guys killed them. Well, I got a pony to look at, at least. Which is nice. I hope I can ride it.

Yes. You can definitely ride it. Escy does.

I hear the average pony is about 4ft tall, so even if he is larger than the average pony, you'd still have to lift your legs when you're on his back.

I thought she would ride him like witches did their brooms.
Turned to the side and the legs pulled to her a bit. Grace and style combined.

If she's half as clumsy as Ryan, he'd be twice as clumsy as her. Also, she'd probably fall off his back, that way, then.

So. Who wants to finish all 3 off with one strong attack? Nova can teleport to them and kick them strong enough to send them flying straight to anyone.

You can send them to me, but that'd be really weird, story-wise.

Well, if the others will coordinate it. I'm fine with the idea. There'll just be more. Building up to something.

Also, that's definitely how I ride Farsight.

Okay mayem. Since you are the one offering it, prepare your move.

I'd make more sense for them to be kicked to daniel since hes right there... But it doesnt matter, i guess.

mayem just got off and i want to see what happens. Let me edit my post. Look at the rp in 7 minutes.

I'd make more sense for them to be kicked to daniel since hes right there... But it doesnt matter, i guess.
I wish you could think and then instantly have your post written and submitted. I can only imagine how long it takes to type all of it out. With a good bit of short and sweet posting, it's kinda hard to keep up. Your posts tickle my fancy, though *o*

I like, physically, can't write a post less than a paragraph. I feel too badly about myself. :\ It sucks though, because it becomes impossible to keep up with less-than-a-paragraph posts.
Also, school.

Fret not, for if thou suffer the curse of short posts, I shall covet thy posting space. Ye shall be granted eternity within mine walls.

Also, I suck at old English. Kinda. I like how English is apparently incorrect if it's not capitalized. I know it's just grammatically correct, but I feel like it's conceit in a way. I'm weird.

If i may say something too:

I am always impressed at your style Sir Basil. You somehow put so many information in a post, but it is not boring to read. There is a "special something" in your style.
The last one i saw that was similar to you is TheWanderingMagus.
What is your secret?

If i may say something too:

I am always impressed at your style Sir Basil. You somehow put so many information in a post, but it is not boring to read. There is a "special something" in your style.
The last one i saw that was similar to you is TheWanderingMagus.
What is your secret?

Thanks! It generally comes from thinking out everything related to the character, and working on a multigenerational backstory. Lots of specifics make for more interesting posts than a lot of general things!

And now, I work on my IC post.