• Start date
E

Explicit Escritoire

Original poster
<may become="" an="" oc!="">OOC/Sign-Up [X] /// [X] The Roleplay

Once. . .

Once, there was a dream.
Not an ordinary escape from the day.
Not an ordinary submission to the night.
A dream that was a bridge.
A bridge to what? That is not known.

Once, that dream meant something.
It meant something of love.
It meant something of friendship,
Of determination and a pure heart.
It was a bridge.

With it, they were drawn.
Forced, yet not, to play the dream.
To journey with the dreamer.
To journey through a world,
Birthed from the mind of a dreamer.

Alas, a dream is but a dream.
In the end, reality is seperate.
But it is still, also, the same.
For any belief or thought has shape.
Within a dream, before a bridge.

A bridge between dreams and reality. . .
The Story:
The Quick Version:
Chapter 1: A Journey Begins
The Beginning:
1: A Journey Begins:
Poems:
Maps:
The Temple
2r2w60i.png

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
Random:
Art:
Characters and Related Information:
<may become="" an="" oc!="">
Bestiary:
The Ashen:
Name: Spawn
Type: Lightweight
Attacks: Slash, Jab

Name: Boar
Type: Heavyweight
Attacks: Stomp(Spawn Ashen), Re-harden(Phase2), Spawn Worm, Cleave(With Tusks)

Name: Boar Worm
Type: Digger
Attacks: Spine Uppercut, Eject Tumor(Spawn Ashen)

Name:
Type:
Attacks:

Name:
Type:
Attacks:

Name:
Type:
Attacks:

Name:
Type:
Attacks:

Name:
Type:
Attacks:

Name:
Type:
Attacks:

Name:
Type:
Attacks:

Name:
Type:
Attacks:

Name:
Type:
Attacks:

Name:
Type:
Attacks:

Name:
Type:
Attacks:

Name:
Type:
Attacks:

Name:
Type:
Attacks:

Name:
Type:
Attacks:

Name:
Type:
Attacks:
</may>
</may>
<may become="" an="" oc!="">
Sign-Up Sheet
Name:
Race:
Appearance (please spoiler images):
Personality:
Skills:
Background/Biography:
Inventory (clothes, tools, weapons, etc):
Fears:
If you were given great power, how would it manifest itself:

Explicit, a woman of thirty-two years of age, stands at the edge of a forest. She looks on at the strange trail of decay leading through it, causing trees to droop and the forest floor to skitter with dark things. She gulps, afraid to face the challenge alone. You, whoever you may be, have been drawn here. You don't know why, and you won't for some time. The truth of the matter, however, is that you're stuck. Your best chance of figuring out what's going on is to follow this white haired lady, discover her reason for being here, and perhaps you'll uncover your own as well. Come, journey through a land created by thoughts, and defeat a disease that plagues the mind and body. Come, journey with the Dreamer.</may>​

I'm interested from the title and intro alone, but your spoiler tags aren't working for me. :C I have no idea if this is just me, or other people too.

Your spoiler tags aren't working for me.
Most of them are empty. To see if they're actually working, do this.

Spoiler > Images > Maps > Trotstram

There should be a map there. It's basically the only information I have filled out. Apologies for any confusion!

I'm interested! I'll make a character sheet soon and see where things go from there. :)

H'okay :D I've been absent a few days, but it's good to see somebody took notice

Then i guess it's time for a sign up sheet am i right?

Yeah, go ahead and fill out the sign-up sheet I have at the bottom of the first post and leave it here. I'll let you know if you're approved or not, and we can begin. Hopefully we'll get more people to join. :3 Glad to see you here yet again, Nova. Here's to this one making it past chapter 4!

Name: Lucinda (goes by the nickname Lucy)

Race: Fairy

Appearance: [SPOILI]34565432345.jpg[/SPOILI]

Personality: A rambunctious little firecracker, Lucy is best known for her endless amount of energy. She is hard to keep up with, never standing in one spot for very long. She always lacks time, though she never really does much at all. When asked why she is in such a hurry, her reply is always "I'm on an adventure!" and then bursts off to amuse her own imagination. She isn't one for conversation, and will usually respond with one word answers when possible, and without eye contact. This makes her come off as rude and weird, which has estranged her from her brethren. She isn't purposely this way, however, she just doesn't know how else to act around others. Deep down she is an honest, fun loving girl who wants nothing more than to have someone to share her adventures with.

Skills: Thanks to the pendent left by her sister, she is able to shift to human size. However, while as a human she loses her fairy traits, such as her wings and fairy powers. While in fairy form, however, she is able to ask the assistance of the fauna and flora around her. For this very reason fairies are advised not to leave their village, since outside the forest they are virtually defenseless.

Background/Biography: Lucinda is from a deep part of the woods where no child of man dares to stray. Her kind have lived peacefully here, and know not of the outside world. She idolized her sister, who, much like her adored adventure and often wondered off to the outskirts of the forest. One day when she was very young she received a note left by her beloved sister. The note read:

My darling Lucinda,
There comes a time in every fairy's life when they must follow their destiny, and most importantly, their hearts.
The time has come for me to follow mine, and I will help you find yours.

With all of my love,
Blythe

Blythe had disappeared. With this note she left a pendent, which Lucy discovered that it shifted her to human size. Ever since she has done her best to remain true to herself, despite the hardships that others have presented her. She is often left alone with nothing more than her imagination to entertain her.

Inventory: Homemade healing potions, blinding dust (for emergencies), and a small spell book for basic incantations that she's been attempting to learn. Her studies aren't going very well...

Fears: She fears where her destiny might take her, since she never learned where her sister's lead her. She is also afraid she will never meet anyone who can understand her, and be alone forever.

If you were given great power, how would it manifest itself: Simply being able to keep her powers while in human form would be powerful enough for her. However, being able to learn the incantations she's been studying would also be beneficial.

(Well, I'm going to be playing a slightly altered version of one of my characters from another RP that sort of fell through. Hopefully, he'll last this time.)

Name: Daniel Danielson

Race:
Human Death Knight (Undead)

Appearance:
Daniel has broad shoulders, despite his mostly thin build. He towers over many at the height of six feet and some. His skin is the colour of a bleached skull, and his long, grey, rope-like hair - entwined with black strings - hangs down to the middle of his back. Usually his hair is hidden beneath his helm. His hands are narrow, but black and blue at the tips from his death. They have heavy callouses around his knuckles and on his palms, hinting to his life-time of swordsmanship. Daniel's eyes are a light grey, but the irises are blood red from exploded blood vessels -- they are set deeply in his face, and ringed with dark circles.
Daniel dresses in heavy black armor, with a thick dark blue-purple cloak. His hands are wrapped in bandages, and he wears a heavy helm that only allows his eyes to peek out, though occasionally pieces of his long hair fall out from it. He wears a belt with a small satchel filled with magical spell components. Daniel's blade is long, a two-handed sword for a man of his size, and the sheath was made of a ceramic-like, or ivory-esque, material, stained dark. The delicate, ornate carving on the sheath depicted many eyes and hands, all grasping at the edges of the sheathe. From what could be seen of the hilt, there was a cats-eye chrysoberyl set at the pommel, and the grip was black leather.
Daniel constantly smells of distilled alcohol and embalming fluid.

Personality:
Despite his history, Daniel tries to remain level-headed and calm. He speaks as frequently as a mortal man would, and often goes to pains to hide his condition. He's very driven by his goals; but like all Danielsons, is easily distracted by talk of necromancers and necromancy. He keeps his suffering inward; and tries to avoid dwelling on his condition, after unliving with it for some years now. Daniel has a tendency to believe that he knows more than other people and stick strongly to his convictions with debatable success. He's deeply vengeful and angry beneath his surface, and despite his efforts to remain calm, often has a hair-trigger temper. Despite this, he attempts to foster an almost parental attitude to those he considers younger and lesser than himself. He can be gentle and giving, but it is tempered by his perceived suffering.

Skills:

Capable Heavy-Melee combatant; Tank. Uses his Ancestral Greatsword in combat.
Some Spell-Like Abilities, rarely uses them:
Cause Fear (Toggled Aura, effects the weak-willed.)
Power Word Stun, Blind, Or Kill (Single target, once per day; not always effective.)
Purge Magic (Area of Effect; only works on low level spells.)
A healthy knowledge of history and necromancy.

Background/Biography:
Daniel is descended from a long line of necromancers; the Danielson family has always had a firm grasp on negative energy, and the trait and aptitude has been passed down from generation to generation. Their progeny was known as Grim the Dark; the first of a long line of Danielson necromancers (Daniel, being taken from one of the more successful necromancers within the family line) was both a necromancer and a seer; and when he was hundreds upon hundreds of years old, he inscribed a prophecy on the archway that led into his family's ancestral home…
'Those of my name will not die
Amongst the dead; they will thrive
The first chosen will break all bones
The next picked will lay him in stones
The third of ten will lose her head
The failure of the son bled and bled
The family will end with the last Son
The Son will be have to deal and run
"I must be able to discover my way out
So that my power can be brought about"
My Son, the greatest of my line--
You will find that even death may die'
The prophecy had haunted the young Daniel, as he went about his studies. He and his mother were the last of what he knew was the dwindling Danielson family, their days in the spot light were far behind them. His father had been killed by his own knightly order for consorting with fiends; something that most Danielsons could not help. Daniel refused to ever believe that his father had made a deal with them, or that he had ever gotten anything from the forces of darkness; but he was not a powerful man either. Being the last son of his family, he figured that he would be the final Son as mentioned by the prophecy of Grim the Dark -- but he was not. He remained ignorant of that fact for some time, and strove to be all the final son in the prophecy.
Daniel craved discipline; as the means of becoming powerful, and soon left his aged mother. He joined the Knights of the Watch, and ancient order in his homeland of the Sheldomar Valley. He was given a vow of celibacy, oathbound to never have a son, and he steadily became a powerful warrior. His order waged wars against the unjust and cruel - but often without success on their part; the wicked things in the world only seemed to grow more powerful as the knights did. Soon, there number became less and less and the knightly order that he had joined had been driven down to only a few knights; and the world had forgotten the purpose of his order. Enraged with the outcome of his efforts, and the pressure of ignoring the call of his bloodline, Daniel became dark, and calculating ; his thoughts turning towards making everybody remember what his brethren had died for. He needed the power that his ancestor had prophesied, to assure that he would not be forgotten.
He went to the home of his mother, and his father - the house of all the Danielson's before him. She asked him what his purpose was, and he told her it was to bring glory back to his house ; to assure that the Danielson family were the ones that wiped all traces of evil from the world. Daniel told her that he needed Grim's book, but his mother assumed that he had gone mad ; none of the family were able to even look at Grim's book without going mad. It was assumed that he had used pieces of the book to contribute to the Black Grimoire that all necromancers and diabolists used ; the book itself was tainted with the essence of the family founder. Previous family members had tried to read it -- and each had died. She tried to stop him, but his sword was driven through her.
Daniel retrieved the book from the vaults where it was locked, suffering through many trials; monsters and magic that were sent in to the vaults by previous Danielsons; to protect the book and keep certain magics from out of reach. Daniel pushed on through force of will, and his own assurance that he was the last of his house -- and that he would be the one who would claim the powers of Grim the Dark. He wandered these crypts for months, surviving less and less on the real, and focusing more and more on the magical. If he had not been a Danielson, it is likely he would have died down there in the crypts of his family. As it stood, he had survived.
Once the book was in Daniel's hands, however, something happened. He cracked open the book, and from its pages, came Grim the Dark himself. A smokey illusion of Grim the Dark emanated from the book, standing out of it. He strode confidently to Daniel, and reached out to touch his face with ghostly tendrils.
"This is something I foresaw, my child. I wish I could have helped thy mother see the truth of the matter." The illusion shook its head. "Thou art Daniel the Second. There was a prior Daniel, and there shall be a Daniel after thee. Thou art not a failure, and nor was thine father; thou art the Second Daniel. Thou must live to bring the Third into being; so that mine Son might be born" His fingers twitched on Daniel's cheek, feeling solid. "I shall give ye a measure of mine might, so thou may understand."
Daniel was shocked to his core, as his ancestors powers coursed through him. He felt a piece of him leave, and then another part return. But then the voice of Grim the Dark rang out with a howl;
"Ye hath killed thy honored mother! Now, ye shall wander accursed and lost -- never knowing the might of thine family! Go now from this place, and ne'er return; the Keep of Daniel's Son shall not see thine face!"
And then, he was gone. Daniel stood outside of the lands that his family owned, and in his hand he clutched a small black book; a miniature of Grim's. Inside, were a few spells of necromancy -- but they were nothing, in comparison to that feeling he had felt, when he had held the book. Soon, Daniel became aware of the price he had paid for holding the book. Grim had given him undeath, as a measure of his power, but not lichdom; limiting his magic. That said, he did not know where his phylactery was, the thing that could be destroyed to destroy him. He was cursed to never see his home; the only place that he was certain he could retrieve his phylactery. So, he wandered, accursed, as Grim had foretold.
Daniel went first to a castle of mages, and slaughtered them until he found the High-Magus Grasian. The high magus told him that his wickedness had been his undoing; and his despair and anger were what had cursed him. Nobody had seen Grim in centuries, after all. He demanded to know how to break the curse.
"Only by serving one pure at heart
Will you be able to play your part."
Daniel snapped his neck, and left the now empty castle of magic behind. He then, began his search for somebody pure at heart, swearing that the High Magus Grasian would be the last that he slaughtered mercilessly for this goal. He would find a way to return home, and he would find his phylactery. Despite his death, he would have a son; so that there could be another Daniel.

Inventory:
Black Tunic; Black Leggings, Black leather Boots.
Black Fullplate; including Greaves, Gauntlets, Helmet.
Calf-long purple cloak (wool)
Ancestral Weapon; A twin to the Sword of Kas the Bloody Handed, retrieved from the early battles of Greyhawk by his ancestor, Grim the Dark, and passed down amongst the family line for generations. Like the Sword of Kas, the blade is said to have been magically honed to a razor's edge, enhanced the wielder's strength, and could be used to call down lightning bolts from any stormclouds that might be overhead. Unlike the Sword of Kas, however, it does not possess a spirit of betrayal within it; and instead, binds the wielder to serve the Danielson family's benefactor in life, and death.
Spell component pouch.
Grimoire/Journal
100 gold pieces minted by the Bank of Mouqol

Fears: Failing in his quest and never lifting his curse, watching the line of Danielsons die out; disappointing Grim the Dark. Failing to uphold his discipline, becoming incapable of relating to mortals.

If you were given great power, how would it manifest itself: It is likely he would progress further along his wicked path as a Death Knight, rising to the point where his powers would be enhanced to an intense degree. He would take on characteristics of the greatest in his race, such as Lord Soth or Kas the Bloody Handed.
"I can kill with a single word. I can hurl a ball of fire into the midst of my enemies. I rule a squadron of skeletal warriors, who can destroy by touch alone. I can raise a wall of ice to protect those I serve. The invisible is discernible to my eyes. Ordinary magic spells crumble in my presence." -- Lord Soth, Knight of the Black Rose

Hope this gets further than the one on LoE... Kinda sad that died...

Name: Farsight

Race: Unicorn
Appearance:
Personality: At first, he can be stand-offish. But after he gets to know a person(Or pony, or fairy, or anything, really...) he is really open with them, sometimes to the point of being crazy. He likes his humor, but can also be serious when needed. He will do whatever it takes to keep his friends safe and happy, even using some of his magic to take on the pains of others, which may cause serious harm to himself. Farsight usually thinks situations through, avoiding fights if he can, but he can also adapt quickly, and is a ruthless fighter. Farsight has a second side to him, it's kept buried away, but it can be released in dire circumstances... Although he has no control over his actions when he is overcome.

Skills: Basic unicorn magic; levitating objects, short teleportation, and the such. But what he doesn't share with most unicorns is his power over dreams. Farsight is a Dreamwalker, a Weaver of Dreams. He uses his wide range of Dream magic to help cure allies of ailments as well as to fend off evil(I'm too lazy to type up all that he has.... XP)).

Bio/Background: Farsight lives in Ponyville back in the realm of Equestria. He has traveled between realms and realities before, but he has never seen a human or fairy, or anything other than a pony before. His ability with dreams has led him on many adventures, and he has made many friends. Not much more is known about his past, as he tries not to talk about it much.

Inventory: Saddlebag with a few potions and other odds and ends that are needed for survival. He normally manifests his weapons and armor through concentration of his Dream energy, allowing him to be versatile.

Fears: Losing himself to the "demon" inside, hurting his friends and their deaths, being out of control of the situation around him.

If you were given great power, how would it manifest itself?: Being able to almost tap infinitely into the Dream well and having his spells boosted to their max, and never running out of energy.

SORRY FOR BEING A BIT LATE! Phones suck for this...

SORRY FOR BEING A BIT LATE! Phones suck for this...
DOn't worry about it, there's always room for you.
And this one WILL go farther. I didn't really lose interest in the RP, just the site :3 hence why I remade it.
Also, your attachment is broken T.T

Would it be alright if i reserved a spot? i'd love to make a CS, but im about to go and the next chance i'll have is tonight ; v ;

Name: Leona Draid

Race: Human
Appearance (please spoiler images):[SPOILI]
cute-drawing-fashion-fashion-art-girl-Favim.com-329813.jpg
[/SPOILI]

Personality: Leona is a very cautious person. She doesn't like talking about herself to other people, and that comes from her background. It could cause trouble for her and her family. She has a really bad problem of telling people what's on her mind, and that gets her into trouble a lot, even when she's not trying to be mean. She can be a very trusting person, but it has been proven on many occasions that she shouldn't be. Now if you want her trust, you have to earn it.

Skills: Her high levels in magic.

Background/Biography: Her blood-line has been studying the arts of witchcraft since the beginning of time. She was born and raised in it by her mother and father. They kept there identities hidden on the fear of being stereotyped as evil. Her mother taught her spells to heal and help others when her father taught her spells to help to defend herself. Very deadly defensive spells. One day, her great aunt came to visit and see how her niece was doing in her witchcraft. To make a long story short, both of them almost almost died that day. Due to the spell, they both now have a permanent scar of a pentagram on the palm of their hand that they explain as a tattoo. Ever since that accident she only used magic whenever it was absolutely necessary.

Inventory (clothes, tools, weapons, etc): Peach colored dress, leggings, black flats and jacket.

A brown satchel filled with different herbs and flowers. Weapons: her wand and a dagger with her family insignia on the blade.
Fears: The idea of turning to dark magic and spiders.

I just realized I announced the roleplay started on the actual roleplay page, but not here. Let it be know, the roleplay has commenced! Follow the [x] link at the top of the first post to go to the roleplay thread.

My deepest apologies for not posting yet. I needed to edit my Character and it took more time then expected. The Bio is the same but some of his stats and a bit of his personality are changed.
I hereby request another try to be Accepted.

Name: Nova
Race: Human
Age 19
Appearance (please spoiler images): http://www.iwakuroleplay.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19936&d=1363721401

Personality:
Nova is a loner, to put it bluntly. He is rarely seen with others for an extended period of time, and distances himself from essentially everyone. He is usually soft-spoken, and only says what he needs to before a fight.
At his best times he is just and protective. At his worst stubborn and Authoritarian.
Although he trusts his own ears more then rumors he is a bit naive and will at least doubt rumors that he thinks are interesting.
While he tends to be booksmart as opposed to streetsmart, he also tends to be a tad socially awkward, but he still somehow manages to help his friends.
He may not have many but he cares much for his friends and tends to hide his own problems when he knows that they would be worried because of it.
It takes time and trust for him to warm up to others, but once he does trust others he becomes a valuable ally and good friend.

Skills:
Swordsmanship: Nova uses his own fighting style. He moves quick and slashes with his short sword in his right hand while using chaos in his left hand. Big or slow enemies will have a hard time dealing with him. Thanks to his high speed reflexes he can ether dodge or block incoming projectiles as long as their mass is not too big.

Chaos Force: The chaos force is a energy source. Unlike energies like KI or Mana, it is not drawn from the user, but from another realm.
Nova is able to naturally perform different forms of Chaos Powers, where he is able to manifest Chaos Energy as a physical force to create auras of Chaos Energy or manipulate it to create an array of different Chaos Energy-related supernatural powers and abilities

Background/Biography:
Nova grew up in a village that is hidden from civilization, and surrounded by a forest. He had a quiet life there and learned from his father how to use the Chaos force.
At the age of 12 he learned how to use this power, but he had yet to learn how to fully master them. In order to do so he left his home, after making himself a own sword, and became a traveler at the age of 15.

As he came back 1 year later, his village was under attack. He did not pay attention for a moment and fell on the ground. His head hit something hard and made him pass out. Thanks to this he survived, since he remained hidden in the nearby forest.
When he woke up, everything was destroyed and the villagers were dead. He searched for the house he grew up in, but his worst fear were sadly confirmed. His parents lied there dead before him.
He remained there for a few days to give the villagers a proper burial and collect any knowledge that was not destroyed. As he was done, he destroyed the remains of his old home to leave the past behind him.

He is a traveler who seeks a meaning for his life. Whenever he has a chance, he takes some jobs to make some money. If that is not possible he camps outside and eats what nature has to offer.
Being a traveler taught him many things. He knows how to survive in the hardest environments, cook with nothing but a pot, and how to identify poisonous plants.

Inventory (clothes, tools, weapons, etc):
Shortsword: A nearly indestructible sword that he uses for close combat. Despite being only a short sword, it weights 30Kilo

Fears: Falling to his own emotions and striving for revenge. He fears that this would turn him into nothing but a monster.

If you were given great power, how would it manifest itself: Perfect Chaos Mastery. It manifests itself as a strong, constant aura, allowing nova to use even stronger chaos skills and increasing his Physical Attributes.

Other:
-He knows most of the stuff that is taught at school, and complex facts about supernatural powers. This makes him a good strategist and clever fighter. If the enemy has a weak spot, he will find it.
-Instead of striking power, he relies on speed and defense. This is complimented by his own fighting style.
-If separated from his sword, he will use chaos along with close combat.
-His shortsword is nearly indestructible and is used for close combat. Despite being only a short sword, it weights 30Kilo
-Nova is highly acrobatic, agile, and an experienced athlete, capable of gracefully leaping over many obstacles that comes in his way and performing various forms of nimble movements. He has as well radical reaction time to match his movements, being able to react to danger in a split second.
-He also possesses, even by the standards of special humans, incredibly high physical durability and is capable of surviving things that would normally be fatal to others making him nearly indestructible (but not invincible. He still feels the pain from all attacks). He can further enhance his Durability with his Chaos force to become nearly bulletproof.
((If you want i can send you a complete list of his Chaos Abilities.))

FIXED MY IMAGE! Yay... Ignore the attachment...