The Dragons' Heart (Knives and Me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aira.

Original poster
"Get back here you filthy street rat! Give me back my eggs!" was what the village's butcher was yelling while she was chasing after Aleah through the streets. Aleah was a fast runner and needed to escape angry store owners many times before in the past so she knew how to escape with ease. She was holding two eggs in her hand and she would have gone away with it if the butcher's wife hadn't just decided to return to the almost empty store. This time though, the butcher seemed determined to catch her and he was holding a knife in his hands that made Aleah run with all her might. She slide into the nearest street and hid behind a barrel, waiting for the butcher to pass. After a few moments he did and Aleah started running again towards the opposite direction, through the village's exit, deciding to vanish for the rest of the day.
She went through the wooden gate, and only after a while she stopped running and was laughing hysterically with a bitter tone. Yes she managed to get food for the day. But still, the butcher was one of the meanest people in the village. She needed to avoid him for a while, or else she knew he could easily kill her. Not that anyone would care. She was an orphan for as long she could remember. There were a few people that were willed to take her in whenever she needed but her free spirited nature couldn't allow her staying in one place for too long. Oh well. She was used to it anyways.

She was thinking of ways to cook her two precious eggs, when a familiar voice ended her thoughts."What are you doing here?" Great… It's-him- again…she thought and turned around.

Status
Not open for further replies.