Online Availability
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Writing Levels
  1. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Political intrigue, fantasy, futuristic, sci fi lite, superheroes, historical fiction, alternate universes. Smittings of romance, but only as side plot.
Marcellus;Quicksand;LB;

THE
RIDERS
of VERLENDIA

PLOT
For well over a century, the Draconic Forces of the great kingdom of Verlendia have lay dormant, the creatures all but driven to extinction by a mysterious illness. Only a few eggs remain, belonging to the original line, guarded diligently in their stasis. At long last, the kingdom prepares itself for the Hatchling Ceremony. But on the cusp of the ceremony, a great evil builds, determined to ensure the creatures born from the eggs of their ancestry will never rise to meet their calling.

Meanwhile, the time has come for the Eyes of Orestra to begin their pilgrimage. The Oracles have been called forth to choose the Riders that will defend Verlendia and all her surrounding lands. The Knights of the Phoenix Ash are tasked with the protection of the oracles as their journey leads them into the world to complete their Vision Quest. But the Knights are not the only ones aware of the pilgrimage, and danger lies in wait at every turn as dark forces strive to prevent these quests from their fulfillment.
HISTORY

ONCE...

Man and Dragon were not always opposing forces. Once, many long years ago, mankind shared the skies with the magnificent beasts, protecting the people below with honor and dignity befitting knights of old. But men below were greedy, and kings and warlords claimed the dragons as their own - tame though they were not. Soon, tiring of their captive lifestyle and the lack of regard for their formidable nature, the dragons and their kin rose up and a terrible war took place. (The Reckoning)

In the wake of such devastation, few dragons remained that bore loyalty to man. Those few centered around the land of Verlendia, where the Draconic Forces rose from the mire of desolation. Chosen by the Eyes of Oresta, oracles gifted with foresight, the Dragon Riders and their dragons guarded the lands and people of Verlendia.

Then the Great Disease came. It began swiftly and carried little mercy, taking the dragons with it. In time none of the fearsome beasts would survive its calculating hand of death and destruction. Without their guardians, Verlendia became vulnerable to outside forces, and though their army was diligent, they could not stand against the onslaught (The Bleak Year). Most of Verlendia was taken. Only the Iron Citadel of Cobrol and the deep stone walls of Stavinburg held fast. They would not hold forever, but there was hope. Hidden in a cave deep below the Palace of Glass, at the peak of Mount Theonar outside of Holiveil, a handful of eggs were gathered, untouched by the illness that ravaged the dragons.

Strengthened by the rumors that their guardians would be born anew, the people of Verlendia rose up against their tyrannical infiltrators, and liberated the lands once more. (The War of Sowers)

OOC

OOC DETAILS

Riders of Verlendia is an intermediate roleplay, somewhat freeform in concept, as I intend to build the story along with you, rather than having a strict plot structure in mind. I will be accepting no more than ten players, and you will be allowed to choose your race/location, as well as whether or not you'd like to play a rider, oracle or knight.

I'll be expecting posts every other week, though more frequently is of course welcome, as well as collabing (I do ask that if you collab you don't take more than the allotted two weeks to finish/post).

There are no real length expectations, but I do ask that you shoot for at least a few paragraphs in order to keep things moving forward. One liners are not permitted. These rarely serve to drive the plot and are exceptionally difficult by which to respond.

Content wise, I ask that you avoid too much gratuitous violence/language. Sexual content of any kind is not permitted - any romance is required to fade to black. OOC nonsense is absolutely fine, but OOC drama is a no go. If you can't get along with the other players or have a tendency to be argumentative/confrontational, you are probably not gonna be a great fit. Communication is a NECESSITY. If you aren't willing to commit to plotting/chatting with other folk on a pretty consistent basis, you might not wanna jump into this one. I don't expect you to live your life around the RP, but ghosts don't make for great players. RL comes first and if you have to take a break or can't post for a period of time that's fine, but please let me know. Failure to reply or inform me of absence/hiatus will likely result in your removal from the RP.

I will be utilizing a DISCORD server for chatting/plotting/organization purposes and do ask that if you choose to join the RP you also join this, as it makes it easier for announcements and planning. The link for the server will be posted as soon as I have accepted characters.

The character sign up process will begin Wednesday, August 19th and end the 26th. Characters will not be first come first serve, but will be chosen based on creativity, content quality and your site history (whether or not you've dropped RPs/posting consistency/quality/ability to interact well with others/willingness to plot). I will absolutely accept questions via PM or DM should any arise. I do ask that you use realistic artwork or real faceclaims (period style should match that of high fantasy) - I will not be accepting cartoons/anime.

I will be posting the RP encyclopedia, as well as a collection of short stories involving the history of the RP shortly after the interest check goes live. Sign ups will be posted Wednesday.

Special thanks to @Verran and @KatSea for their assistance in the creation process - you two were absolutely invaluable!

EDIT| | The RP Encyclopedia

Last edited:
Squeeeee- Why do you do this to me???

EDIT: triflings are adorable.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Elle Joyner
Totally slapping down my interest in this! It looks beautiful.

Surprising no one....well, at least not the GM, I am here.

• Haha
I am in need of getting back into rps, seeing as all my D&D groups have disbanded. This seems like a very interesting concept and would love to participate.

CS has been posted - Take your time and remember to be as creative and thoughtful towards the lore/content as you can! If you have questions, feel free to PM me! I will be reviewing the sheets next Wednesday, and this isn't first come/first serve, so please don't rush!

Just a reminder, kids - Wednesday is the official deadline for character sheets (unless you've otherwise discussed it with me) -- so please try to get those sheets in ASAP :-D

Alrighty - apart from those of you I've spoken to about your sheets, gonna go ahead and consider this puppy closed for new applications!! Will be reviewing them this week and I'll let y'all know early next week what the results are!

@Owl , @Custodiet Teh , @KatSea , @ze_kraken , @Morgan , @Ichigo , @Verran , @Pupperr

Congratulations! Your character sheets were just beautiful and I'm super excited to get started on the RP with you!

This is the link to the Discord! -- Please tag me when you've joined so I can assign you your role (as I have it set to kick anyone without a role after they disconnect from Discord) -- There are several channels you can explore and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

I'll be working on the intro and will hopefully have it up by this weekend, but I am starting school with my son today so it may not drop til next week!

Reactions: Custodiet Teh