The Dragon of Seraph City

M

Mighty Roman

Original poster
Seraph City. A place more suited to a Noir movie than the 21st Century. The smell of cigarettes and burnt out Neon fills the air. Every building seemed to be a uniform black, and the moon-a bright disc in the sky, glares down, like an unknown beacon. All is quiet in the City of Angels. Crisp Snow is heavy on the ground, and descends from the air, and the only sound at all is from a nearby bar, it's door open, heat, song and the smell of beer spiralled out of the door. A brief howl could be heard, but soon faded away, as quickly as it began.

An extremely strange and scary place for a Dragon to find himself....

@FireDrake150

Reactions: FireDrake150
Izana Pushes himself up, groaning and Whimpering a little, Looking at the Snowfall, before shivvering and trying to shake some of the fresh powder off of his scales. "Wh-where am I?" He notices the bar, and how hard it would be to actually fit through a door made to be likely only somewhat larger then those that go to use it. "Well, theres warmth there...." He looks around fearfully, not sure what happened or where he is or how he got here, but definitely not an amnesiac, to the extent of his knowledge. Proceeding to the door, he sticks his head inside, blinking. "H-hello?" Shifting his eyes in their sockets, he looks around, not wishing to damage the establishment at all.

Izana Pushes himself up, groaning and Whimpering a little, Looking at the Snowfall, before shivvering and trying to shake some of the fresh powder off of his scales. "Wh-where am I?" He notices the bar, and how hard it would be to actually fit through a door made to be likely only somewhat larger then those that go to use it. "Well, theres warmth there...." He looks around fearfully, not sure what happened or where he is or how he got here, but definitely not an amnesiac, to the extent of his knowledge. Proceeding to the door, he sticks his head inside, blinking. "H-hello?" Shifting his eyes in their sockets, he looks around, not wishing to damage the establishment at all.
The bar is a merry, yet traditional place. Most of it's patrons are singing an off-key version of Bohemian Rhapsody. A young woman, wearing a simple grey cardigan, white shirt and combat jeans, approaches the Dragon, seemingly unsurprised by the Azure animal's astonishing appearance. She sighed.

'Guess you're 'ere to see that weird bloke aren't you? The one with the coat? Mr Aniphage or somethin'.
@FireDrake150
(And In Case you've never heard the wondrous sound of the greatest song in human history, here it is, in full):

The bar is a merry, yet traditional place. Most of it's patrons are singing an off-key version of Bohemian Rhapsody. A young woman, wearing a simple grey cardigan, white shirt and combat jeans, approaches the Dragon, seemingly unsurprised by the Azure animal's astonishing appearance. She sighed.

'Guess you're 'ere to see that weird bloke aren't you? The one with the coat? Mr Aniphage or somethin'.
@FireDrake150
(And In Case you've never heard the wondrous sound of the greatest song in human history, here it is, in full):
Izana blinks a Few times, confused. "... Aniphage? I dunno, I just woke in the street, and I... I'm cold..." He uses his tail to shove snow off of his back before it melts and turns to ice in this weather. Is there a heater or some kindling I could borrow, Ma'am?" The reptile remains polite, clear he has no hostile intent, but is curious why no one seeks surprised to see a Dragon.

Izana blinks a Few times, confused. "... Aniphage? I dunno, I just woke in the street, and I... I'm cold..." He uses his tail to shove snow off of his back before it melts and turns to ice in this weather. Is there a heater or some kindling I could borrow, Ma'am?" The reptile remains polite, clear he has no hostile intent, but is curious why no one seeks surprised to see a Dragon.
'You could use the backroom. C'Mon.' The woman decides to lead Izana through the bar to the backroom, where a man with a flaming coat is playing snooker, apparently on his own. Regardless of this, the other cue still moves as if someone were using it, but without Joseph touching it, giving him something of the impression of playing against an invisible opponent.
'Thank you, Sophie.' he said politely.
'You're welcome Sir,' said the waitress, almost sadly, as she fades away into nothing.
'You're lucky that I managed to shroud your passage. The people here are eminently suspicious. However, I'm very fortunate to see you again. Or un-again. There's a whole Multiverse of Canon discontinuity out there. Just something to think about next time, when you're playing Queen Sountracks while screeching down the motorway. Which no-one ever does.' It was clear that Joseph Aniphage was rambling.

@FireDrake150

'You could use the backroom. C'Mon.' The woman decides to lead Izana through the bar to the backroom, where a man with a flaming coat is playing snooker, apparently on his own. Regardless of this, the other cue still moves as if someone were using it, but without Joseph touching it, giving him something of the impression of playing against an invisible opponent.
'Thank you, Sophie.' he said politely.
'You're welcome Sir,' said the waitress, almost sadly, as she fades away into nothing.
'You're lucky that I managed to shroud your passage. The people here are eminently suspicious. However, I'm very fortunate to see you again. Or un-again. There's a whole Multiverse of Canon discontinuity out there. Just something to think about next time, when you're playing Queen Sountracks while screeching down the motorway. Which no-one ever does.' It was clear that Joseph Aniphage was rambling.

@FireDrake150
Izana blinks a few times, listening to the rambling for a bit. "Uhm, I'm sorry, but what?" he approaches Joeseph, wondering just what he means by 'Shrouded his Passage'. "So, was all of that an illusion?" He looks at the floating cue for a minute and ducks so it doesn't smack him in the nose*

Izana blinks a few times, listening to the rambling for a bit. "Uhm, I'm sorry, but what?" he approaches Joeseph, wondering just what he means by 'Shrouded his Passage'. "So, was all of that an illusion?" He looks at the floating cue for a minute and ducks so it doesn't smack him in the nose*
'I shrouded your passage, as in I-made-sure-that-nobody-noticed-the Dragon. Except Sophie, but she wasn't real anyway. She was just an Illusion I created to get you in here. Would you like a drink?'

@FireDrake150

'I shrouded your passage, as in I-made-sure-that-nobody-noticed-the Dragon. Except Sophie, but she wasn't real anyway. She was just an Illusion I created to get you in here. Would you like a drink?'

@FireDrake150
He blinks a few times, and nods a Bit. "I suppose, But won't people notice wet pawprints heading in here?" He looks to his friend, wondering what exactly is going on.

"How did I end up here anyway? and I mean here as in this world..." He sits and scratches at his ear with a hindpaw, much like a dog would.

@Mighty Roman

He blinks a few times, and nods a Bit. "I suppose, But won't people notice wet pawprints heading in here?" He looks to his friend, wondering what exactly is going on.

"How did I end up here anyway? and I mean here as in this world..." He sits and scratches at his ear with a hindpaw, much like a dog would.

@Mighty Roman
'I'm magic, I don't need logic.' said Joseph, smiling. 'There's only one reliable way between universes, and that is The Tartare Spell of the Void. A friend tried it once. It worked..but somebody got left inside. And aged 30 years in 30 minutes. But due to magic and time-space laws, it all ended up okay. Do you remember falling through a portal?'

@FireDrake150

'I'm magic, I don't need logic.' said Joseph, smiling. 'There's only one reliable way between universes, and that is The Tartare Spell of the Void. A friend tried it once. It worked..but somebody got left inside. And aged 30 years in 30 minutes. But due to magic and time-space laws, it all ended up okay. Do you remember falling through a portal?'

@FireDrake150
He thinks for a few moments, before nodding. "Wouldn't call it falling though, I kinda flew through it, since it opened infront of me mid flight too close to avoid....Was that you?"

@Mighty Roman

'Actually it wasn't...meaning that another sorceror had to have done it. Do you remember anything else about your arrival here?'

@FireDrake150

Uh, I simply woke up on the street, buried in snow...." He shakes his scales from the remaining liquid. "Another sorcerer? Then, do you think someone wanted me to either slay or for some other reason?" Trying to logically progress through the state of things, and find a good place to start.

@Mighty Roman

Uh, I simply woke up on the street, buried in snow...." He shakes his scales from the remaining liquid. "Another sorcerer? Then, do you think someone wanted me to either slay or for some other reason?" Trying to logically progress through the state of things, and find a good place to start.

@Mighty Roman
'Dragons are more worshiped than slain. But then again, there's a cult for everything. It may be something to do with the living shadow case that I've been investigating...if you;re interested.
@FireDrake150

'Dragons are more worshiped than slain. But then again, there's a cult for everything. It may be something to do with the living shadow case that I've been investigating...if you;re interested.
@FireDrake150
I am indeed. After all, some company would be nice, and travel by air would be faster then any other method. Also, if I am a species thats worshipped, then, It could gain you some Prestige." He looks around, wondering when the snow will stop.

@Mighty Roman