The Dragon King (redletalis x Xenia Caecitas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

redletalis

Original poster
Halfway held in place by ice that had grown up around him through the ages, and halfway held in place by thick chains wrapped around his wrists and stretching to opposite sides of the cave of ice, the Dragon King was pale as the ice around him. His pitch black hair stood out against the ice, and painful red welts and sores all over his naked, emaciated body were like beacons. A pair of horns grew from his head, red like frozen blood, and four webbed spikes that were the same colour grew from right behind pointed ears. His head was down and he didn't stir, and if it wasn't for the condensing air with every breath he might as well have been dead.

"Are you certain that you wish to do this, my lady?" Elisee turned to her queen, wringing her hands in worry. They stood on the balcony high above the pit where the... the creature was, and she didn't want to go closer. She didn't want anyone ever to get closer to that taint on the world. That a queen should want to speak with a thing like that was... unthinkable!

As a Sister of the Guard she didn't think that this was a good idea, and she brought her magic up to the surface, ready to use at a moment's notice. Eight hundred years might have passed since the Defeat of Dragons, but the creature wasn't known as the Dragon King for nothing. Elisee had been warned against him all her life.

The captured creature, a mocking of humanity, stayed where he was chained in place by both magicked shackles and magical ice. Only whisps of fog in front of his face and the bleeding sores showed that he was even alive. The cold of the cave was horrendous, biting and abnormal, penetrating through even the thickest clothes and deep into the marrow.

Elisee wrung her hands and looked around the room in search for an answer. All she got was the icy darkness and the captured creature and the queen. There was nothing and no-one here that could tell her what to do right now. To have anyone not of the Guard enter the Prison was rare. To have anyone not of the Guard wanting to try to speak to the creature was even rarer but not totally unheard of, but most of those had been scholars and historians and young fools who wanted adventure and treasure and fame. A queen on the other hand was unheard of.

"The creature doesn't speak often, I haven't heard its voice in all my time here, my lady," she bit her lip in worry. "Nor is it a good idea to let it speak, for it might cast a spell on you with words alone for all we know. The magical skills of its kind have long since been forgotten. Please, my lady, won't you reconsider speaking with the beast? I can have a cup of warm broth on the fire within the candle-mark if we leave this cold, dark place now. Please?"

It wasn't just worry for the queen that had her gesturing back towards the door and the stone corridors beyond. It was worry for herself and what would happen if the queen got hurt while here. The Champion had definitely not given his blessing for this at all.

If she ever had to imagine a life of penetrating numbness, The Prison was certainly a place to consider. The price, however, was her sense of place, time, and perhaps even self. Heaven knows what eight centuries of this would do to a normal person. Elvia scrutinized her companion as she contemplated the concerns. Chills scurried here and there, forcing her to draw her cloak closer. Fog dimmed her already pale ivory skin, her own raven hair frizzed at the cold. Hell was far more frightening frozen than scorched, it seems.

Elvia turned her gaze once more to the dishonored royal below. Welted and blood made him frozen ember. How arrogant that even now it refuses to burn out, even after oh so very long. Her breathing hitched, fearful of what stands before her. Elisee was not wrong or erroneous in her logic. Obviously, it was borderline madness to attempt to engage in any sort of interaction with something that has endured this punishment and continues to live far beyond her comprehension of time.

"Mommy..! Momma!" They are so young. So beautiful. Hers. "Elvia! Please...Control yourself. You know that the Champion only does what is best for this kingdom, for us. Our boys...they will be fine. We can always have more..," the coward tried to reason; he tried to placate. They were kids, people, futures... They all are. This Champion had stolen so much, all for the better good. Yet, what showed for all this trouble? Nothing. Just missing children, empty lives, and the doubt that manifested over centuries.

She had attempted to rally her people. Why should they pay for what was the Champion's duty by choice? Why could they not even see or write to their children? Questions with answers unknown, the elusive Champion a stoic and impeccable icon of ancient honor. Only silence and scorn met her pleas. Of course, you would only act now when your own are chosen. While that may be true, she has always disliked the tradition of simply handing off children for the reassurance of future safety from a danger who may be well long gone. If there stood with her even one ally in feeling and thought, they quickly hid themselves, in fear of angering him.

Cheeks flushed as memories reignited her. Madness as it may be, but madness will shake tradition. Madness is the only way. "I understand your fears, Elisee. To be honest, I agree with most of them. However, I am left with little else to turn to," Elvia turned to towards the narrowing and partially collapsing stone steps. I cannot and will not allow fear unfounded eat me here. "I..would understand if you wish to leave now. My kingdom. . . and even my own king have abandoned me already," she whispers. "But nothing can change with indifference."

Elvia explored the chilled walls for grip before hesitantly stepping onto the steps. "Besides, if it could really sway the mind of men so easily with words, why would it endure centuries of hell? Surely, not to prove it's ability to be stubborn."

Last edited by a moderator:
"You are speaking blasphemy! My lady, my loyalty is sworn to the Champion. He is the one who created this prison, who gave me my job. I will not hear a single word against him. I will have to make serious amends and pray for hours just for having let you in here, my lady." Elisee looked very uncomfortable, torn between her loyalty to the Queen and her loyalty to her teacher and master. "The Champion has been good to us, my lady, he saved us from that creature and has kept it from harming us for hundreds of years."

Elisee was a firm believer in the Champion and she worshipped him like a god descended to earth. She had been told stories about his defeat of the dragons since she had been a child, and she had been over the moon when her magical powers had appeared as a teenage girl and she had gone to study under the Champion himself.

But this was the queen herself requesting to meet with the creature. The news of the royal children having been accepted to study magic with the Champion should have brought the queen joy and honour and pride. Instead the woman acted as if they were forever gone, and had brought shame upon the king with her hysterics. It was difficult not to feel sorry for a woman who had gone crazy like that, and Elisee just couldn't bear to say no.

"Oh, my lady, I- I do not like this at all! I-" she bit her lip again and looked at the door behind them. "Alright. Alright, my lady, but please! Please, I beg of you, do not approach it any further than this! If you were to get hurt I could not stand it! I will be right utside the door, and I shall leave it open a little bit just in case. Please, my lady, be careful."

With the final plea and one last worried look at the immobile creature, Elisee put the torch in a scone of ice next to the queen before scurrying out, her pale robes flapping nervously in her wake. Once outside she put her hands together and started praying to the Champion for luck, for safety, for the queen to be safe.

Silence settled. She was not surprised at the young woman's reaction to her. It has been the only one that has come to meet her in this time. Elvia was not one for superstition or premonitions, but she could only feel fear and desperation for her boys. The Champion did not evoke joy or safety this time around. Something was not right, and all be damned if she just brushed it off as motherly hysterics.

She quietly lifted the torch and gingerly made her way down, silently as to ensure that Elisee stayed where she was. She may have been shunned by her people, but she was still a queen and would rather not have the frightened child come to her rescue should it actually harm her. Fear and fury may be her tonic, but innocence was innocence. She has no right to force punishment on those undeserving.

Her descent was slow, deliberate. Elisee's words did strike a few chords in her, no doubt. The Champion was the one to keep her people safe in those olden times of desperation. He did nothing but teach and shelter even now. She paused in her stride. Maybe...she truly is going mad? "Your twins, child, or else." His eyes dull, and her stomach had churned. No. She refuses to believe it! She continued her journey into the pits of hell.

Elvia decided that observing this Dragon King would be an excellent distraction. It had yet to make any motion to acknowledge presence or sound. Was it perhaps asleep? Unconscious from what pain constantly consumed it? She stood at the last step, uncertain on how to approach it. Only echoes of her faulty breaths resounded. Licking her lips, she inched closer to the prisoner and her torch barely gave light to the area. Her eyes traced the horns protruding, and the bloodied scales. It was only then that she truly realized the state it was in physically, but no matter. It was just as dangerous as any other being. Pity was not allowed.

She stopped in front of it, a few feet between her and the King. Her chest constricted as sheer terror racked her body. There was no mistake that what ever may be before her, it was not an existence to be trifled with.

". . .I. . . Your name?"

The prisoner in ice and chains didn't react to her approach. Closer up it was clear even through the ice that the Dragon King was in the form of a human male, and that he had vicious claws on both hands and feet. He was also utterly naked. It was only the ice encasing his legs that gave him even a semblance of modesty,

He didn't react. Not at first. It was only after a couple of long, cold minutes that his head slowly shifted and lifted upwards, revealing a pair of golden eyes. They glowed with the internal fire, the puåil was utterly black and a verticsl slit, and they were focused slowly on the queen.

Sores opened when he moved. Blood tricled down as sharp scales fell off and barely made a sound when they fell to the icy ground, landing in a heap of other black scales flecked with blood. They were slowly covered by ice over time and they would have buried him in these past 800 hundred years if someone hadn't regularly chipped away at them and carried away the debris.

Deceptively slow in his movements, he cocked his head to the side and eyed her up and down.

It took another couple of minutes before he actually spoke.

"Many hath asked for mine name," his voice was deep and dark, and low enough so that she could barely hear it. Almost seductive in a way, it beconed her closer, and still it seemed to belong to a creature of much greater size and power.

Sharp fangs and golden eyes flashed in the torchlight as his lips pulled back into a fascimilie of a smirk. "But thou aren't here for that, art thou, o' human queen?"

Molten eyes. No, no, no, you should not be here! Her mind screamed at her. She always imposed a presence of some magnitude. It was her right. But here, the mountain, the darkness, the quietness strip all who enter, and she vowed never to mock the rabbit in the hunter's trap should she survive this prison.

More blood, more shells to add to the floor. She ignored the smell of rust and iron lest she lose face with the contents of her stomach. Elvia attempted to stand dignified under his scrutiny while also saving face by not staring at the obvious forced nudity. Eye contact was key to being taken seriously. . .if dragons ever took anything seriously.

She was nothing grand to see, admittedly. A simple emerald travel gown, black cloak, and fur-lined boots. She had wanted to be unnoticed and brought little with her to begin with. Embarrassingly, she had not thought very far about her plans in this regard. She was mildly surprised to be allowed in the forsaken dwelling to begin with.

His voice spooked her a bit, sending goosebumps. She had to strain to hear him, but his words expanded and hammered around her. She wanted to scoot closer as to hear better, but terror had shackled her there. However, it was the unexpected smirk that caught her off guard as she clenched her cloak tighter. A few deep breaths. She had to maintain composure. You are safe. . . for now.

". . . Mayhaps, but there is no point in simply calling you 'dragon' for you are more than simply that; or so we have been told. Prisoner and criminal you are, but you are a being of thought and I will treat you as such," her voice cracking here and there, but remaining steady. " So, your name. . . please?"

Every move that she made, he watched. Every crease in her clothes, every lock of hair, every breath he took in as she approached. His golden eyes were like beacons in the darkness of the cave, the torchlight too weak to truly penetrate very far and it barely even reached him where he stood immobile.

She was out of his reach even if he were to have both arms free. But even so the heat from her body was almost searing. He could feel it, and it drew him in like a moth to a flame. He had forgotten what it felt like, warmth, heat, fire. He needed it closer, needed to feel more of it perforating frozen skin and stiff joints.

"Dragons are not wont to give the gift of their name freely to any person who asks. Even if thee did asks politely." He said and let the smirk slip off his face, leaving him an emaciated, bloody mess of a prisoner encased in ice. He didn't even grimace when more scales worked their way out from under his skin, ripping it open and sending new rivulets of blood down his arms and chest where it mixed with frozen blood from numerous other times the same had happened.

"Either tell me why thou art here, or get thee home, o' human queen," he sighed tiredly, voice growing weaker and his head lowered as his strength waned and left him.

A name is a gift? Elvia shifted uneasily, suddenly chided and childish. Well, that certainly left them at a stale point already. Still, the dragon had spoken, and if Elisee's words were anything to go by, that was quite a lean in her direction. Bile threatened to rise as she watched new scales give rise. Dear heavens. . . She shoved pity back where it was safe. Still, nothing would come from distance.

She bit her lip before nodding. She would try once more coaxing him to speak. She did not feel compelled to do otherwise, so she could assume that what influence Elisee thought the dragon had was not present. At least, hopefully. She shuffled forward, the torch being more for sight than warmth at this point. The closer she approached, the more horrific its state came to light. She did not know what made her breathless: his punishment and prison or the fact that he remains alive?

She reluctantly reached for him. Evidently, even looking at her was energy-draining as it was. Deep breath. Those eyes had petrified her; who knows what touching it would do to her. "P-please,..Mommy!" A grimace. She had a mission. Her hand hovered over his left cheek, but just for second before she gently cupped it. She jolted at the sheer intense cold. How in this world did this dragon live?!

". . .Even if I desired to go, I have no place to call my own anymore," she whispered. ". . . The Champion has stolen the two people most dear to me, all in the name of the greater good. While my king and kingdom rejoiced, I saw nothing but a bleak future for my loves. I refused to believe that my feelings of fear and terror were one of whimsy. My pleas were labeled lies and hysterics so that I was shunned by all in regards of logic and intellect ."

Her hand unconsciously tightened as her eyes grew steely at the memories. "I am naught but mortal and flesh against this immortal Champion. I have no skills in the arts of magic or sword; even if I did, none dare compare to the majesty of his," hissing disdainfully as she continued her tirade. "So, here I stand, O Dragon, as my last. . . desperate act."

She bent her head closer to his. "I have come to offer a deal, if dragons ever do such with humans." Against all better judgement. "Dragon King, if I help release you from this frozen hell," lifting his head to look into his eyes, green into molten," I ask that you help me get my children back from him."

As she jolted at the coldness of his skin, so he jolted at the sheer heat of hers. It was like she was a dragon herself and the eternal fire was burning deep inside, warming her up and him at the same time. His own internal fire flared briefly at that touch, at that heat, and his eyes flashed golden. Luckily the moment passed before she lifted his head to look her in the eyes. Had she been anything but a weak human he would have taken that as a challenge. Right now, though, it was just perfect.

"Many a person hast promised freedom for revenge," he said, voice deep and low. "Many did tempt me with everything if I wouldst but dost their bidding. Wherefore shouldst thee beest any different from any of the other cockroaches who hast come to me, begging for something? What hast thee to offer me? What makes thee so certain I wouldst not simply take thy life as well, o' human queen?"

Her hand was small as it touched his cheek, she was small and once upon a time she would have hardly been the size of one of his claws. But the heat from her hand was overwhelming even if it didn't touch his skin. It almost hurt him as it radiated out from her in her ire, foolish human words pledging her to him even as she begged the safe return of her hatchlings.

He smirked and leaned forwards as much as he could, invading her personal space until their hoses were almost touching and he could see every single shade of her eyes. This close to her he didn't even miss the heat of her hand upon his face. Her form was so close that it provided all the heat he could handle at the moment.

"Prove it. Prove thou art willing to go so far as to set me free. In return I might spare thy life and mayhap help thee rescue thy brood." He almost whispered against her skin. I am chained and weakened and cut apart from myself. To get out of this gaol I neede sustainance. Provide it, o' human queen, and scream."

A dangerous rumble came from deep within him, and his eyes flashed even brighter than before. His mouth opened in a triumphant grin and the back of his throat was lit up from within, but no fire or flames came spewing out of him. He snapped forwards but his teeth didn't close on the soft flesh of her vulnerable neck. Instead they locked on her earlobe and ripped it with sharp fangs in a vicious move that ensured blood. He latched onto the bleeding earlobe and sucked at the blood.

He took much more than one drop of blood from her, and he licked his lips when he pulled back, eyes glowing.

"Scream as loud as you can, o' human queen, and let the insignificant cockroaches come!" he purred.

Darkness swallowed the sound as she clamped her hand over her mouth, muffling her own scream from the random assault. She caught herself barely as she stumbled backwards a bit, nearly dropping her only light source. She gasped for air before reaching over to her aching earlobe. Elvia glanced at the bit of blood on her fingertips, then directing her attention to the dragon. As if her eyes could not be any wider from fear and bewilderment. What in the blazing hells did she think she was doing?!

How was she any different than those. . . people beforehand? Moreover, how was she so sure that he would not just betray her the moment of freedom? She was not. She was not in the least bit certain, sure, or confident that he would not just take off, causing mayhem and bloodshed all the way laughing. She clenched her teeth, aggravated at herself. How foolish of her to think that such as a dragon, much less the Dragon King, be so easily convinced, no matter her sincerity. However, something he had caught her mind. Revenge? Her breathing slowly evened out. Is..is that what she wanted? She may be angry, furious even, at the world around her, but revenge? The word did not make any sense to her despite knowing it. She did not want the world to burn in hatred. She ...she just wanted her precious, precious children. The only lights in her life.

But...she could still turn around! She could not say anything and leave! She could leave this detestable creature in his bleak prison and not look back once! So what if an imprisoned mockery of a lizard called her a cockroach or insignificant? She was free while he crumbled under his own decay!

Elvia peered at him, then at her bloodied fingertip. Hesitantly, she popped the finger in her mouth. Iron. It was bitter, but somewhere inside her thoughts echoed a thought that it was nothing short of a natural taste. She stilled. Natural? Some emotion crept throughout her, curling up in her chest. No, she did not want the world to burn in a haze of unrestrained bloodlust. But. . . if the Champion truly is the being he claims, then would history not just repeat itself? Even if these two creatures of unfathomable power fought, the humans were still to the disadvantage of begging and pleading to some power or another.

Her heart ached, remembering those pure eyes who only saw the summer evenings and the sighs of peaceful rests. If he did truly just kill her then her boys were soon to follow. But were they not already beyond her reach as if so? "W-what do you mean? Not even a letter? But, Champion, these are my chil-"

"No longer, for they are now the embodiment of the protection for all in this world."

Elisee's face flitted through her mind. Innocence is innocence, but this is willful ignorance and biased worship as well. Elvia stepped back before the dragon, a bank visage. She slowly turned her back on him. A naive and foolish decision, but if he wanted her dead then no real consequence what she did in this hour, no?

"I am no different than those before me. But even if no one survives, you must deal with the reality that it is a cockroach that must free you," she hissed quietly, flicking her cloak. Elisee, I ask not for forgiveness, but I do rather hope that your Champion answers your desperate pleas for once. She expanded her chest to the best of her ability. If there was one thing she could claim a talent of mankind, it is that they are capable of being a noisy bunch. A final resolution set within her bones as she opened her mouth.

Her piercing scream would have made the banshees call her their own.

He was laughing, thrilled in the unfolding chaos, the almost taste of freedom. The long wait was over.

The scream echoed in the cavern of ice, and chips of ice and stalactites came crashing down. Elisee ran in, a dagger in one hand and a prayer to the Lesser Gods on her lips. She didn't hesitate in running over and grab the queen, pulling her away and behind herself.

"Foul beast, in the name of the Champion and all the Gods in Heaven, I command you to go back to sleep!" she cried. "By the magic of this dagger I command you: sleep!"

She made a wild stab at him but the dagger didn't so much as pierce his skin. He laughed again and the ice around his legs shattered into thousands of tiny pieces with the same sound as shattering glass. His legs, strong, powerful and clawed, wrapped around Elisee's waist and pulled her in close, pulled her in tight. It might have almost been a loving gesture if she wasn't screaming her spells and repeatedly trying to stab him in the eye.

"In the name of the Champion I command you to release me!" Elisee stabbed again and this time he snapped his mouth shut around the blade, teeth grinding into the pale metal. She tried to pull back but all he did was to grin around it and snap his teeth completely shut with enough force to break the blade in half. Elisee stared as he spit out the other half. "That's impossible! That blade was forget by the Champion! It was made in dragon-fire and made of dragon-claw! That's impossible!"

"Doth thee bethink a blade made from parts of mine own kith and kin wouldst hurt me, human?" he growled. His legs tightened their grip and pulled her even closer, sharp, long claws digging into her flesh despite her thick clothes.. He leaned down until he was face to face with her and grinned. "Where is thy Champion now, Sister of the Guard?"

This time he went for the throat and Elisee's scream cut off into a wet gurgle. He let her corpse drop and looked at the queen. "Quick. Use the sharp point of the dagger and give me her heart. If it it goes bitter cold, if the cockroach goes cold, then this shall beest for naught! Quick!"

Too fast. Almost as if the world had paused her and only her. She could not tell if her heart was pounding or lethally still as Elisee's corpse hit the ground. Her Champion had failed her; maybe the gods will take pity on her in her walk to the afterlife. One that Elvia was certain was far beyond her grasp now that dead eyes accused her. Certainly, accusation that she could not deny.

She swallowed before frantically stumbling forward and snatching the dagger's tip from the ground. The heart… The still warm heart. Nature was a cruel mistress, if indeed this was nature. She reluctantly flipped Elisee onto her back, closing her eyes to the world and whispering a prayer for her to have a safe journey. Heaven forbid, may her spirit find rest before revenge. Rolling up her dress sleeves, she began to undress Elisee. Guilt and bile crawled up her throat. Do not do it. Do not do it. Think of Father. Think of the boar. Think.

Elvia's finger softly explored Elisee's rib cage before choosing an area right underneath her left breast. With a quick hard jab, she thrusted the dagger tip into flesh. Blood mixed from chest to fingers. A few quick minutes go by as she deftly cut and breaks the ribs to reach the hard. A few gasps and groans as she tries not to vomit. Tears slowly graced her face as she finally reaches her prize. Tight grip and iron arms, Elvia ripped the heart from its chamber, splattering blood all over her. A scream almost erupted from her chapped lips. Think of the boar.

Her breathing unsteady, she stood up with heart in trembling hands as she moved towards the dragon. Her head low, low, so low as she held out the hot meat. Oh, gods, she was going to lose her stomach. Take it, Take it, Take it. On the verge of breaking down, Elvia shoved the heart forward harshly in a semi-blind rage.

"TAKE IT!"

He was licking his lips, heart picking up speed, muscles shivering, stomach cramping painfully in the anticipation of actually tasting food again, of eating meat again. His fangs ached in need as the human queen cut open her little friend, breaking apart the ribs and finally revealing the heart. It was still warm and moist and fresh, rich blood filling the cavity and running down clothing and skin until it spilled out on the ground.

He lounged forwards with a wild snarl the second she was close enough.

His teeth buried themselves into the warm, soft, bloody muscle, and he tore chunks of it away with twists of his head. He tilted his head backwards to swallow the bites, a continuous sound of purring satisfaction leaving him with each bite. He was even careful about the human queen's skin and didn't let his fangs rip into it even if it could have been so very easy right now. Just a snap at her wrists and she would be dead, bleeding out and he would have another heart to eat, but he pushed the thought away. Soon he would have other hearts to devour, he could spare her for the role she played in setting him free.

He could feel his strength returning as he licked her hands clean, and he sent her a wicked smirk when he pulled back, golden eyes glowing with an internal fire that was being stocked higher and higher by the second.

Rolling his shoulders, flaxing the muscles of his arms and finally gripping onto the cold chains with clawed hands, he started pulling. Pushing forwards with his legs, claws digging into the ice to keep from slipping, he pushed and pulled and with a final exertion and a snarl torn from his lips, the chains snapped. The sound echoed magically around the cave and throughout the whole complex, sending tremors through the ice and causing cracks to appear and stalagtites to fall down.
He, however, could only laugh in pure delight at finally being free again.

It took a couple of twists and a good tug to remove the length of the chains from his wrists, leaving behind the manacles themselves like parodies of the armbands that humans were so fond of. He paid no attention to the falling ice and the shaking around him, and instead fell onto the corpse with great relish, tearing the ribcage fully open and devouring the organs in a bloody mess before he cracked the skull open and took the brain and the eys as well.

Only when he decided that he was done feeding - human bodies held so little room for food that it was a wonder they didn't just keel over! - that he turned to the queen and looked at her once more. He could kill her. He could kill her so easily that she wouldn't even know it before she was meeting her gods face to face in the afterlife.

But she had done as she had promised, and coming from her species that counted for something.

"Thou art a surprise, o' human queen. Thee hath kept thy word and gave me mine freedom." He approached her and circled her once, looking her up and down. "I am not whole, I hast nay strength to help thee save thy hatchlings. Yet. Help me regain the lost pieces of mine own soul and thy hatchlings shall beest free."

Goosebumps inched down her spine and limbs as the heart was devoured, her hands being licked clean. Any more shaking on her part and she would have snapped. Elvia waited from the bite marks decorating her hands and wrists. Maybe even missing an entire hand at this point. Ravenous beasts eat anything in their path. However, she stilled and steeled upon receiving his smirk. A queen never wavers. And certainly not in front of an arrogant lizard!

She stepped back, stumbling on broken ice shards as muscles fought chains and earth. Cracks, creaks, and groans resounded and clipped throughout the chamber, her hands grasping her cloak tighter to herself. The chains chimed to his laughter. Dear gods, is this just what one heart can do for him?

He chunked the restraints before falling onto Elisee with beastly thrill. She tried to stand regally as he eradicated the corpse. However, she had to close her eyes upon seeing him grasp the skull. The sound of bone crushing was enough to make her lose her lunch if she hadn't bit her lip to draw blood. Beasts are beasts. Beasts are beasts. Remember the hounds. Remember the lions. Anything to try and normalize the scene before her.

It was not long before Elvia felt blazing judgement and forced herself to meet the dragon's gaze face on. Silence as he probed. Lethality dripped between them while the moment of truth ticked on through. She straightened and held her head to a level state. If Death be her thanks, then it will be with dignity. A soft sigh.

His words threw her off a bit; honestly, she was expecting the end for her. Dragons were known to be finicky and whimsical, at least in the stories; her expectations were exceedingly low for any promises to be kept on their side. Surprise came and fled as she stiffened on his approach. Circling the prey. Circling.

" 'Beholden the Dragon King, bareth to ye faithful for sacred thought,
Just as child without loving cloth, knight without mastered metal,
Shattered shell and soul be it known, that fells Darkness born
All ye faithful, pieces apart bring peace together.' "

Her voice gained momentum, whirling around to face the dragon face to face as the last verse left her. She was weak. She was terrified. She will probably die. Iron body and steel began to encase human soul. She will fight.

"So, O Dragon, where to from here?"

Status
Not open for further replies.