The Drachensturm

The knight pushed Cora back just a little, his eyes narrowed as he watched the drunken men. The one who'd kicked him was smiling, the smile of the stupid and intoxicated. "You" Andrew growled "are gonna regret that, you pig-fucking whoreson!" When the last sylabble of the insult left his mouth he made his move. A quick advance and a straight cross had the man reeling - alcohol had made him slow. The punch he sent flying back in frantic was deflected by the knight's armoured forearm. A brutal uppercut to the gut was all the reply the drunkard got, before Andrew stepped past him and slammed a heel down on the side of the man's right knee. He screamed as the joint snapped, dropping down onto his knees. "May the scars be a lesson to you" Andy Growled, his shoulders shaking with rage.

The knight made sure he wasn't screaming long, crushing his face into the floor with a stomp to the back of the head. He could feel the crunch of a nose through the sole of his boot. "If anything, Lady Lilia, this just proves our martial skill to you! This is why you hired me is it not?" The scotsman shouted - the elated high of adrenaline surging through his blood had set a grin across his mouth and an excited tone to his voice. He kicked the man on the floor again for good measure, then turned to Cora.

Resting his hand on her shoulder, and leaning in to look her in the eye, he did a quick once over "Are you alright miss? Anything hurt? I'm sure I got to him before he managed to damage you but its always best to make sure"
Cora very much appriciated the Scot for his actions, he had saved her a rather horrid fate of being dragged off by those men for thier---fancy.
She looked on watching the fight, her worries diminished knowing full well there was no way the drunken fools could win against the brute of a man before them. They were slow and impaired by the alcohol. They were gonners so to speak.

It was a bloody and rather tense fight. Cora could hear the crunch of bone breaking. The after math of such a throw down was--suprising. They were bruised and broken, maybe that would teach them a lesson. Hopefully they would choose to learn from such actions and the fate they had just met. Something told her it wouldn't stop them doing such things again to the next set of females to arrive at some point. Old habits die hard and for men with egos like that, it was even harder to change them, if at all.

"Yes, my heads a little sore but I'm fine. All thanks to you sir. Thank you, truely."

Coras voice was still a little shaken as she addressed the man who had come to her aid. Suprised he came back to her to check she was okay after it all. He looked to be fine himself, no real damage done. Though she had known he wouldn't take damage from such jesters.

"I owe you. My name's Cora.."

The knight pushed Cora back just a little, his eyes narrowed as he watched the drunken men. The one who'd kicked him was smiling, the smile of the stupid and intoxicated. "You" Andrew growled "are gonna regret that, you pig-fucking whoreson!" When the last sylabble of the insult left his mouth he made his move. A quick advance and a straight cross had the man reeling - alcohol had made him slow. The punch he sent flying back in frantic was deflected by the knight's armoured forearm. A brutal uppercut to the gut was all the reply the drunkard got, before Andrew stepped past him and slammed a heel down on the side of the man's right knee. He screamed as the joint snapped, dropping down onto his knees. "May the scars be a lesson to you" Andy Growled, his shoulders shaking with rage.

The knight made sure he wasn't screaming long, crushing his face into the floor with a stomp to the back of the head. He could feel the crunch of a nose through the sole of his boot. "If anything, Lady Lilia, this just proves our martial skill to you! This is why you hired me is it not?" The scotsman shouted - the elated high of adrenaline surging through his blood had set a grin across his mouth and an excited tone to his voice. He kicked the man on the floor again for good measure, then turned to Cora.

Resting his hand on her shoulder, and leaning in to look her in the eye, he did a quick once over "Are you alright miss? Anything hurt? I'm sure I got to him before he managed to damage you but its always best to make sure"
Lilia frowned at the death before shrugging it off. She couldn't help but be the slightest bit annoyed that the meeting in the tavern wasn't going exactly as she planned, until she realized they were working together. Huh. "I have no problem, sir, as long as you clean it up." She was a little shy, so her words came out more like a mumble.

Catalina was astonished. She had winced at all of the wounds as they happened, the ways to fix them immediately popping into her head. When the other woman who was being harrassed walked over, Catalina turned to her. "Êtes-vous bien ?" She immediately fixed herself. "Are you okay?" Catalina had been talking in French from the shock of the events happening. Wow...

//I'M SO SORRY IF GOOGLE TRANSLATE FRENCH ISN'T ACCURATE

Turning from Andy to the woman who had been harassed along with her she took a moment to look over her, making sure she did not suffer any injuries herself. Which looked to be none. Thankfully, no one but the ones who started it were hurt. This time.

"I'm fine. Thank you. Are you? Its Catalina isn't it? I'm Cora."

What a way for both of them to start thier first day here in Avalon. Man and thier pigish ways. Hopefully work would come easy for them all, that they would all be thought of equally and do the jobs together. She was sure after such events that they would all get on well together and work as a team. They had gotten coming to each others aid down to a tee.

Reactions: Xibilation
Cora very much appriciated the Scot for his actions, he had saved her a rather horrid fate of being dragged off by those men for thier---fancy.
She looked on watching the fight, her worries diminished knowing full well there was no way the drunken fools could win against the brute of a man before them. They were slow and impaired by the alcohol. They were gonners so to speak.

It was a bloody and rather tense fight. Cora could hear the crunch of bone breaking. The after math of such a throw down was--suprising. They were bruised and broken, maybe that would teach them a lesson. Hopefully they would choose to learn from such actions and the fate they had just met. Something told her it wouldn't stop them doing such things again to the next set of females to arrive at some point. Old habits die hard and for men with egos like that, it was even harder to change them, if at all.

"Yes, my heads a little sore but I'm fine. All thanks to you sir. Thank you, truely."

Coras voice was still a little shaken as she addressed the man who had come to her aid. Suprised he came back to her to check she was okay after it all. He looked to be fine himself, no real damage done. Though she had known he wouldn't take damage from such jesters.

"I owe you. My name's Cora.."
"You don't owe me anything at all, Cora." Andrew smiled thinly, breathing heavily to calm himself down. "Should you hand keep hurting, feel free to speak to me. I've got some medical experience. For now, why don't you sit back down? I've got to deal with this lout" Guiding her gently to her chair, he turned around and grabbed the drunk by the back of his tunic "You know my name, Andrew McKale. Knight in not so shining armour" He laughed at that, dragging the unconscious, now squash faced man to the tavern door. With a heave, he flung him out into the gutter.

Hopefully the pissant's wounds get infected. He thought meanly. Turning back, he made his way to the table once more, and after retrieving his axe and shield, sat closer to Cora. "Lady Lilia, I always clean up after myself. Be it blood, bile or the bodies of my enemies. I can be relied on for that, I swear." A few patrons were giving them weird looks, but he spotted the server he'd flagged down earlier

"You! Bring that over here. Fighting makes me hungry!" Setting to laughing once more, he quaffed at the yeasty ale set before him and then, after wiping his fingers clean, the cuts of chicken and ham laid on the table. He ate with the same precision with which he fought. Slow, methodical and strangely focused. He wondered if fights like that would be a feature of his employment with the Drachensturm. If that was so, then this would be an exciting adventure indeed.

"You don't owe me anything at all, Cora." Andrew smiled thinly, breathing heavily to calm himself down. "Should you hand keep hurting, feel free to speak to me. I've got some medical experience. For now, why don't you sit back down? I've got to deal with this lout" Guiding her gently to her chair, he turned around and grabbed the drunk by the back of his tunic "You know my name, Andrew McKale. Knight in not so shining armour" He laughed at that, dragging the unconscious, now squash faced man to the tavern door. With a heave, he flung him out into the gutter.

Hopefully the pissant's wounds get infected. He thought meanly. Turning back, he made his way to the table once more, and after retrieving his axe and shield, sat closer to Cora. "Lady Lilia, I always clean up after myself. Be it blood, bile or the bodies of my enemies. I can be relied on for that, I swear." A few patrons were giving them weird looks, but he spotted the server he'd flagged down earlier

"You! Bring that over here. Fighting makes me hungry!" Setting to laughing once more, he quaffed at the yeasty ale set before him and then, after wiping his fingers clean, the cuts of chicken and ham laid on the table. He ate with the same precision with which he fought. Slow, methodical and strangely focused. He wondered if fights like that would be a feature of his employment with the Drachensturm. If that was so, then this would be an exciting adventure indeed.

"Thank you, what you did is much apprisiated."

For a man who looked like a force to be reckoned with, Andrew from what she heard his name to be seemed a very decent man. Honourable. She was greatful for his help and would in turn help him for anything he would need in the future. Not many men would come to the aid of a women like so. Though he had brushed off her need to owe him a favour she would still hold herself to it. She was a woman of her word.

"I'll be sure to let you know."

She had gotten in what she wished to say before he was off to deal with the lousy drunkard who was sprawled over the floor. Lilia had requested him to clean up after himself, to which he did. At least that was over, such drama on thier first night was clearly there to test them. They had in Cora's mind succeeded, working together as a little team to eradicate the threat of drunks.

Cora moved herself back to the table, perching back into a chair next to Catalina. Picking up the mug of water that she had left on the table and drained its contents. Her energy drained from the adrenaline rush that had occured. At least they still had a little time to re-coop.
Picking once more at the bread she had on her plate she calmed herself, no longer worried or even the slightest bit frightened of men advancing on her. Clearly she was surrounded by people willing to help her, that put her at ease.

When Andrew sat down close to her, she nodded towards him with a gentle smile. Tucking her hair behind her ears she continued to eat what she had in front of her. Famished, just like those who had exerted themselves in fighting. Andrew had the same idea, refueling with food and drink.

Reactions: Undivided Belakor
Turning from Andy to the woman who had been harassed along with her she took a moment to look over her, making sure she did not suffer any injuries herself. Which looked to be none. Thankfully, no one but the ones who started it were hurt. This time.

"I'm fine. Thank you. Are you? Its Catalina isn't it? I'm Cora."

What a way for both of them to start thier first day here in Avalon. Man and thier pigish ways. Hopefully work would come easy for them all, that they would all be thought of equally and do the jobs together. She was sure after such events that they would all get on well together and work as a team. They had gotten coming to each others aid down to a tee.
Catalina smiled. "It is nice to meet you." She walked over and sat down in her chair. She felt a a bit thirsty, so she called over a server. "A glass of white wine? Anything sweet." She looked around and was deep in thought. They returned with her glass, and she held the cool cup up to her lips.

Then she smelled it. This wine wasn't naturally sweet. There was a little something.. Behind it.

"Excuse me," she got out from her seat, finding the person who served her glass. "What wine is this?"

"Raisins Des Dieux." The waiter seemed confused. Catalina nodded.

"I see."

Quickly, Catalina exited the building. Anybody who saw her would wonder why she left with such urgency. She looked over and spotted a bird. A man without a home. A garbage bin.

The smell had hit her with a sense of longing so strong, she sat outside the tavern. Took a deep breath. Then, she gathered herself together and walked inside, sitting next to Cora with a fake smile on her face.

Why?

(going afk for a bit)

Reactions: Laurioshock
Mid-Round update
Things began to settle down after a few minutes; the innkeeper hadn't come over to get them to leave either, it seemed busting a few kneecaps and bones wasn't enough to get you chucked out, Lilia suspected killing people however, was. At any rate she was glad, her little group had proved it wasn't about to take any crap from people, but then again; they were nobodies, so it hardly mattered. She calmed herself down and returned to her seat, looking around and gesturing for the others to do the same; not long after, Jorik came over from the bar. Good. That meant negotiations were complete. He sat himself down next to Lilia with an ale he'd bought, he produced two slips of paper from his cloths and furs in short order, laying them down in front of Lilia. She read through them, nodding occasionally. Once done, she passed them along the table, so that everyone could read them.

6a00d8341c464853ef017ee503f380970d-320wi

Lilia spoke to the group as the papers were passed around, on each was a blank space for her to sign.

"It appears that the Fylkirate have offered us two jobs, we may take one, the other they will outsource to a different group I imagine. Unfortunately, they require both tasks to be undertaken at the same time, so we cannot take both. The jobs are, as you can see, on one hand, salvaging of Makhina, or on the other hand, protecting a Fylkirate trade caravan that is due to arrive here within the next few days."

As you read the papers, more details of each job are apparent. The first one, the salvage job, describes a location on the main island of Albion, Lothian, roughly ninety miles north of Avalon. It claims that an old pre-rapture complex has been discovered, buried under a cliff on the sea; nobody knows what kind of complex it is. The other, the caravans, is simpler, the caravans arrive here in Avalon within the next few days, and the task was to protect them for two weeks as they went first overland, and then by sea, to the Grand Union of Franko-Gallia. Payment for both jobs was split, half in advance, half upon completion. Subject to how well the task was executed of course. Of the two, protecting the caravans paid more, but losing any of them would infringe hugely upon that payment, while the Fylkirate paid less for the salvage work, but said they would allow you to keep some of the pre-rapture artifacts.

(You may now vote for which job you'd like to take on, the majority wins! Please remember to vote IC. The results will be posted roughly 24 hours from now.)

(Current votes:

Salvage: 4
Caravans: 2

)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Catalina smiled. "It is nice to meet you." She walked over and sat down in her chair. She felt a a bit thirsty, so she called over a server. "A glass of white wine? Anything sweet." She looked around and was deep in thought. They returned with her glass, and she held the cool cup up to her lips.

Then she smelled it. This wine wasn't naturally sweet. There was a little something.. Behind it.

"Excuse me," she got out from her seat, finding the person who served her glass. "What wine is this?"

"Raisins Des Dieux." The waiter seemed confused. Catalina nodded.

"I see."

Quickly, Catalina exited the building. Anybody who saw her would wonder why she left with such urgency. She looked over and spotted a bird. A man without a home. A garbage bin.

The smell had hit her with a sense of longing so strong, she sat outside the tavern. Took a deep breath. Then, she gathered herself together and walked inside, sitting next to Cora with a fake smile on her face.

Why?

(going afk for a bit)

Mid-Round update
Things began to settle down after a few minutes; the innkeeper hadn't come over to get them to leave either, it seemed busting a few kneecaps and bones wasn't enough to get you chucked out, Lilia suspected killing people however, was. At any rate she was glad, her little group had proved it wasn't about to take any crap from people, but then again; they were nobodies, so it hardly mattered. She calmed herself down and returned to her seat, looking around and gesturing for the others to do the same; not long after, Jorik came over from the bar. Good. That meant negotiations were complete. He sat himself down next to Lilia with an ale he'd bought, he produced two slips of paper from his cloths and furs in short order, laying them down in front of Lilia. She read through them, nodding occasionally. Once done, she passed them along the table, so that everyone could read them.

6a00d8341c464853ef017ee503f380970d-320wi

Lilia spoke to the group as the papers were passed around, on each was a blank space for her to sign.

"It appears that the Fylkirate have offered us two jobs, we may take one, the other they will outsource to a different group I imagine. Unfortunately, they require both tasks to be undertaken at the same time, so we cannot take both. The jobs are, as you can see, on one hand, salvaging of Makhina, or on the other hand, protecting a Fylkirate trade caravan that is due to arrive here within the next few days."

As you read the papers, more details of each job are apparent. The first one, the salvage job, describes a location on the main island of Albion, Lothian, roughly ninety miles north of Avalon. It claims that an old pre-rapture complex has been discovered, buried under a cliff on the sea; nobody knows what kind of complex it is. The other, the caravans, is simpler, the caravans arrive here in Avalon within the next few days, and the task was to protect them for two weeks as they went first overland, and then by sea, to the Grand Union of Franko-Gallia. Payment for both jobs was split, half in advance, half upon completion. Subject to how well the task was executed of course. Of the two, protecting the caravans paid more, but losing any of them would infringe hugely upon that payment, while the Fylkirate paid less for the salvage work, but said they would allow you to keep some of the pre-rapture artifacts.

(You may now vote for which job you'd like to take on, the majority wins! Please remember to vote IC. The results will be posted roughly 24 hours from now.)

(Current votes:

Salvage: 0
Caravans: 0

)

Cora continued on nursing her water and taking small nibbles of bread now and then. Savouring her meal. There was no use in wolfing it down, she would merely give herself a stomach ache. Besides she would much rather eat slowly and enjoy her food. Unlike some people who eat so fast she believed they could seldom taste it.

When Catalina left the table abuptly Cora's brow creased with worry. Why did she leave so suddenly? She had only asked about a wine had she not? Had there been something wrong with it, or had she become suddenly unwell?
Cora was confused and worried for her new comrade but thought it best not to go after her. Instead she sat and awaited Catalinas return. If she was to return to the table, Cora was certain she would but when she was uncertain.

By the time Cataline had returned Cora had finished her own meal and was nursing her second cup of water, comfortably reclined back in her chair, taking in the peace of the table as everyone ate.

"Are you alright? You left awfully sudden." She asked genuinely curious and somewhat worried for her.

-------

Before she could get an answer from the woman sitting beside her did Lilia address the group as a whole. Explaining the jobs they had been offered as a group, giving them a choice of two. Both very different. One easier than the other but differing pay.
Cora placing her cup down took the peice of paper into her hands and glanced over the words, her mind deciding on which of the two jobs she would rather take.
In her own opinion she wasn't ready to start guarding and protecting a caravan. She was good at searching for things, so the salvage job would suit her a lot better. Though it wasn't just her decision to make, she had a vote and thats what she would feel more comfortable doing as thier first job.
It might pay less but if they got to keep some of the artifacts maybe they would be worth some money and make up the difference? Who knows.

"Personally, I cast my vote for the Salvage Job." Cora announced her vote to Lilia, before returning the paper to the table and exchanged it for her drink once more.

OOC: I may be absent for a good chunk of the night, so I may as well vote here. Not that I did much during the prologue anyway.

"A pre-rapture complex, huh?" Jan murmured to himself as he thought through the two jobs he had before him. To him, that sounded more interesting than the other, so he may as well.

I wonder what kind of things I'll find salvaging in a place like that...

"Indeed, I'll also opt for the salvaging operation," he said.

Cora continued on nursing her water and taking small nibbles of bread now and then. Savouring her meal. There was no use in wolfing it down, she would merely give herself a stomach ache. Besides she would much rather eat slowly and enjoy her food. Unlike some people who eat so fast she believed they could seldom taste it.

When Catalina left the table abuptly Cora's brow creased with worry. Why did she leave so suddenly? She had only asked about a wine had she not? Had there been something wrong with it, or had she become suddenly unwell?
Cora was confused and worried for her new comrade but thought it best not to go after her. Instead she sat and awaited Catalinas return. If she was to return to the table, Cora was certain she would but when she was uncertain.

By the time Cataline had returned Cora had finished her own meal and was nursing her second cup of water, comfortably reclined back in her chair, taking in the peace of the table as everyone ate.

"Are you alright? You left awfully sudden." She asked genuinely curious and somewhat worried for her.

-------

Before she could get an answer from the woman sitting beside her did Lilia address the group as a whole. Explaining the jobs they had been offered as a group, giving them a choice of two. Both very different. One easier than the other but differing pay.
Cora placing her cup down took the peice of paper into her hands and glanced over the words, her mind deciding on which of the two jobs she would rather take.
In her own opinion she wasn't ready to start guarding and protecting a caravan. She was good at searching for things, so the salvage job would suit her a lot better. Though it wasn't just her decision to make, she had a vote and thats what she would feel more comfortable doing as thier first job.
It might pay less but if they got to keep some of the artifacts maybe they would be worth some money and make up the difference? Who knows.

"Personally, I cast my vote for the Salvage Job." Cora announced her vote to Lilia, before returning the paper to the table and exchanged it for her drink once more.
Catalina bit her lip when presented with the options. She was still a bit rattled from the effect of seeing the wine earlier. Nonetheless, she thought about both of the projects for a long, hard amount of time.

She was only useful for identifying plants, healing, and making deals that included persuasion. Obviously, this left her weaker in the fighting area, so it would seem as if the salvage job would suit her better. But... If she were to accept the caravan job, she would get to travel, and get more money from it. Travelling seemed like an exciting aspect to Catalina. When Lilia had said protecting the caravans, she obviously meant protecting them from bandits and pirates. This meant fighting, and injuries.

...And injuries were what Catalina was good at.

"I must go with the caravans. The pay is better." People would think she was shallow, but saying out loud that she just wanted to travel seemed too... weird. Besides, her reasons were mainly shallow, anyways, and she found no point in pretending they were anything else. She was going to be near these people for a long time. There was really no point in keeping secrets.

A cough escaped his lips making the thin line part for a moment. The drizzle and darkening sky were becoming tedious is this land; quite different from the beauty and warmth of his homeland. It had been some time since he had set eyes upon his quarry. The flight of one so important can create a void in a man’s life. A man who walks the earth with an empty soul can be as dangerous as a cornered she-wolf. He dipped his head to shield his face from the biting wind as it slung ice cold drops of water against his face. His thick matted dreads helped protect him from this onslaught but once a cloak has been soaked through there was little warmth to be had.

A flash of color flowing over a familiar gait caught his attention. He had spent his entire life watching the woman move and interact in the world; spotting her walk was as easy as picking out her soft voice in a crowded room. Dillan moved from the building where he had posted for the last day. He feinted to walk away until she ducked into a tavern and then turned and followed after her.

Some time had passed for Dillan to cross the open square. He slipped through the door and paused in the few shadows that hung around that end of the establishment. His eyes scanned everything that was taking place. There were conversations of money, adventure and a woman being mistreated. Dillan bristled up like a wolf and moved his hands next to his weapons but he did not engage. His concern was for one person and one only. Should the sexist behavior spread to the other end of the table, heads would crack or roll or maybe even both. Careful steps left no resonance upon the floor as he made his way towards Lithia. His eyes penetrated the skull of the man next to her. He did not seem like much of a threat nor did he seem overly interested in Lithia. This was actually to the man’s benefit.

Dillan moved to where he was within arm’s reach of Lithia just over her right shoulder and decided it was a good spot to linger. There was no one behind or beside him and he had a good view of everyone in the group. In his normal tone, Dillan spoke with low volume so as not to attract much more attention that Lithia and perhaps the man next to her. “I don’t suppose you could make time for an old friend, Fleur d’Ange.” It was a pet name he had used for her since they were in primary school because it represented something that she had always loved; the angel flower.

French/English, red
Lithia didnt hear the mans response next to her as her attention was captured by the abrupt brawl that started in the tavern, it seemed some drunkards were making trouble with others from their group. Instinctively her hand gripped the pommel of her sword, she hated men that had no respect for women, or others for that matter. But she relaxed seeing the others taking care of the brutes including Lillia that seemed just as peeved about the matter as her, if not more so. Looking back to the man she was about to answer his question in turn when suddenly Lillia announced 2 jobs the group had been offered and cast a vote to pick one.

Looking at the paper she quickly read over the details of both jobs 'Hmm guards or salvagers....I do like artifacts, but the caravan needs protection....Bah the other group should be fine enough guards, I need to have more faith in others.' Too consumed with her thoughts Lithia didnt notice someone slip behind her until a familiar masculine voice sounded from right behind her causing her to jump slightly in her seat startled. Quickly whipping her head around she looks up to find just what she suspected, Dillan...Her azure eyes light up with surprise and joy as a slow smile comes to her lips. Jumping up from her seat she nearly tackles the giant German in a big hug. "Dill! What are you doing here?! You sneak! Did you follow me all the way here?" Her accent was even thicker with her excitement, her tone a mixture of happy surprise and friendly scolding.

Noticing she was making a scene she releases Dill swiftly a light blush coming to her cheeks. Looking back at Lillia she gives her an apologetic smile. "I vote for the Salvage job."

@WarriorHeart
@Verite
@Xibilation
@AnyonElse​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
*Ullr thinks looking over the jobs that were offered to them. He rubs his hand through his beard as he thought about it. Gaurding some people sounded boring and surely some fighting would happen due to the loot. That is always good to do. Good for the body Ullr thought.* I say we go to the caravan job!

Reactions: Xibilation
Catalina bit her lip when presented with the options. She was still a bit rattled from the effect of seeing the wine earlier. Nonetheless, she thought about both of the projects for a long, hard amount of time.

She was only useful for identifying plants, healing, and making deals that included persuasion. Obviously, this left her weaker in the fighting area, so it would seem as if the salvage job would suit her better. But... If she were to accept the caravan job, she would get to travel, and get more money from it. Travelling seemed like an exciting aspect to Catalina. When Lilia had said protecting the caravans, she obviously meant protecting them from bandits and pirates. This meant fighting, and injuries.

...And injuries were what Catalina was good at.

"I must go with the caravans. The pay is better." People would think she was shallow, but saying out loud that she just wanted to travel seemed too... weird. Besides, her reasons were mainly shallow, anyways, and she found no point in pretending they were anything else. She was going to be near these people for a long time. There was really no point in keeping secrets.

Cora is suprised by the variety of answers. A few of each so far, each person answsering with honest answers to what they would prefer to do depending on thier skill set. It was smart to go by such things, there was no point voting for the job you feel you cannot do. They might as well vote for what is best for them. If in the end they go to the differing job it would be a learning curve.

Cora hoped that in the end they would go for the salvage job. For protection and guarding she was not well equiped or experienced. She could learn as she went but wouldn't feel quite as comfortable as she would going on the salvage job.

The money might not be a good but if they could infact keep a few items from the job they may make up the money plus some. If they were lucky.
Everyone around the table had begun to answer, they were only waiting for a few peoples answers now to settle the score on which job they would ultimatly take.
Hearing Catalinas answer was a little bit of a suprise, though there must be a reason other than the money that pushed her to that desicion. Maybe she was skilled in some form of weaponry or even medicine. Who knows. Each person had a choice.

While she waited for the rest of the answers to come forward, Cora ushered the maid over once more and politly asked for another pitcher of water. Which took no time at all to arrive to the table.
Filling her mug once more she left it on the table. Her fingertips playing with the residue of water upon the table top, swirling it into patterns.

"So Catalina, what made you decide to join the group Lilia banded together? If you dont mind me asking." Cora asked, making polite conversation.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
With the rather lively activity going on around him, Jan didn't really react much on the outside. He simply observed the brawl from afar with a somewhat bored expression, as it didn't directly concern him just yet.

My feet hurt, he thought idly.

The man rather casually leaned away a little when the girl next to him was approached by a man, apparently called Dill. In response to her excited tone when she talked, Jan raised an eyebrow and glanced at her from the corner of his eye. A small smile tugged at his lips when he observed Lithia's embarrassment; he was even this close to a small chuckle. Admittedly, it had been some time since he was in contact with so many colorful people.

I'm hungry, he thought idly.

@Zloglasniot Fasada

• Love
Reactions: Pyralithia
Cora is suprised by the variety of answers. A few of each so far, each person answsering with honest answers to what they would prefer to do depending on thier skill set. It was smart to go by such things, there was no point voting for the job you feel you cannot do. They might as well vote for what is best for them. If in the end they go to the differing job it would be a learning curve.

Cora hoped that in the end they would go for the salvage job. For protection and guarding she was not well equiped or experienced. She could learn as she went but wouldn't feel quite as comfortable as she would going on the salvage job.

The money might not be a good but if they could infact keep a few items from the job they may make up the money plus some. If they were lucky.
Everyone around the table had begun to answer, they were only waiting for a few peoples answers now to settle the score on which job they would ultimatly take.
Hearing Catalinas answer was a little bit of a suprise, though there must be a reason other than the money that pushed her to that desicion. Maybe she was skilled in some form of weaponry or even medicine. Who knows. Each person had a choice.

While she waited for the rest of the answers to come forward, Cora ushered the maid over once more and politly asked for another pitcher of water. Which took no time at all to arrive to the table.
Filling her mug once more she left it on the table. Her fingertips playing with the residue of water upon the table top, swirling it into patterns.

"So Catalina, what made you decide to join the group Lilia banded together? If you dont mind me asking." Cora asked, making polite conversation.
Catalina smiled at Cora. She was excited. She knew that she would make friends in the group, and she was happy she had this early on. "I don't. I lived in a small village. I was good at medicine, and like travelling. I found this and joined." Catalina was proud of herself for stringing together those sentences in English. There were small gaps between her words as she spoke them, but in all, it was at least understandable.

Catalina smiled at Cora. She was excited. She knew that she would make friends in the group, and she was happy she had this early on. "I don't. I lived in a small village. I was good at medicine, and like travelling. I found this and joined." Catalina was proud of herself for stringing together those sentences in English. There were small gaps between her words as she spoke them, but in all, it was at least understandable.

Cora was suprised, yet very happy she had managed to make conversation with people so early on. Managing to make friends of sorts, or the making of friends so soon. It was a relief to have someone to talk to. She would rather not be alone in a group of people, especially if she had to work with those people so closely from now on. They were comrades now, a band of men and women contracted to take on whatever work they could find. They should at least be friends, or make some form of alliances between each other.

Cora was growing fond of Catalina's company, she spoke very good english, fluently. She may have needed time to get her words out but Cora managed to understand her perfectly well. She seemed a nice enough woman, she must be clever due to her skills in medicine.

"I'm from a small village too. Though I'm more skilled in cooking and somewhat in hunting. I took this job to---well to try and better myself. To do something adventurous." Cora replied, a gentle smile tugged up onto her pale lips.

*Ullr sighs after voting for a job. He walks back to his table in the corner after no one interacts with him. He was to it. No one was really there with him back at Texas. After his mom and dad died he ended up living alone and taking up jobs where ever he found one. Due to all the moving he did he never actually made any friends, and since this was basically back when he was in America, he didn't plan on making any here either*

One of the last persons to arrive at the Sailor's Wench was the well-dressed, bearded man known as Killian Lawless. He had been sent to this place to secretly represent his order and to find out what sort of old age tech they would find in their quest and make sure that it would be studied and not abused if it were to be a tool of war. The bearded man of the elusive Order of Tesla arrived in Avalon as the downpour was at its worst. He rode a massive horse, a workhorse that he had bought off a farmer who had a few to spare. The work horse had chestnut coat of fur and a blonde main and tail with black ends. The main had two braids in them, done by Killian when he had been bored, and on the horse's forehead was a white starshaped patch. The farmer had named her Princess Star and Killian had no objection of keeping that name for the horse. Although not at all a sprinting horse she had incredible stamina and endurance either way and was wonderful to ride to Avalon despite the rain.

Killian went through the gates, being rather polite to the militia guards and headed straight for the Sailor's Wench. He had been to Albion before so he knew where the place was so after getting Queen to a stable he headed straight for it. The end of his cane clinked against the cobbled road, the silver dragon head of the staff glinting in the dim light of lanterns and torches that were not doused down by the rain. He entered the establishment and took of his hat, surprisingly dry from the downpour. *

"My apologizes" he exclaimed as he approached the people he deduced would be the group answering the call. "I was sadly hold up by some troubles on the road. I am Killian Lawless" He said to them all. "I ask if you would kindly fill me in on that I have missed"

Reactions: WarriorHeart
Heir Richter

Dillan couldn’t help but smile when he saw how excited Lithia was to see him. Her smell instantly hit his senses and her blue eyes sent a shock through his body. He threw his arms around her and squeezed her tiny frame against his wet traveling cloak. It had been a long time; too long since he had been in Lithia’s presence. He was happy to hear that her accent was still strong. "I had to see you. I couldn't spend one more sleepless night wondering if you were ok." The stories people from their village were telling upset Dillan and he was happy to see that Lithia didn’t seem to have changed. It was a large part of the reason why he was here.

+++++​

“You will take back that insult, ser, or you will taste my axe!” Dillan was so angry that his words flew out of his mouth with spit. His eyes seemed to burn holes in the small group in front of him.

The ring leader of the group grinned. He was a clever young man with an evil heart and had managed to acquire the trust and loyalty of several other young men from the region. “Listen, Kraus, it’s not an insult if it’s true.” His sinister tone was even and the train of thought was picking up support from his lackeys. “Every woman who travels alone uses her body to her advantage; especially if she’s as pretty as Pyrolithia. Am I right boys?” The assembled delinquents began to make perverse gestures and vile grunting noises.

“Cowards!” Dillan stomped forward and grabbed the boy by his tunic collar and lifted his feet off the ground. As many hands reach out and begin to pull on Dillan but not before he drops his forehead on the kid’s nose causing it to shatter. Dillan allows himself to be separated from his initial target and uses the chaos to create some space. He steps back but does not draw any weapons. This rabble didn’t deserve a death in battle. They could probably all use a good flogging, however, and Dillan was happy to oblige.

“Adalwolfe!” A commanding voice broke through the rabble. Every young man in the area stopped moving and turned to see the source of the booming voice. Once everyone laid their eyes on the man, people scattered leaving just Dillan who lowered his chin to his chest and sank down to one knee. The man walked up and put his hand on Dillan’s shoulder. The young man shuddered trying to quell the rage that he was close to venting on the rabble of his town. The older man’s voice became very soft and revealed a frailness. “Adalwolfe, what have I told you about fighting with those boys?”

Dillan looked up at the man. Adalwolfe was his middle name but also the name of his father. The only person who called him that was Lord Veronica; Lithia’s father. “My Lord, they insulted your daughter.” Dillan’s eyes flashed in anger.

The elderly man gripped the material on Dillan’s shoulder and pulled up signaling the young man to stand. “Adalwolfe, you know Lithia better than anyone. You know she would never do those types of things.” Dillan looked up to the man; one of the few who were actually taller but also in a figurative sense. In the young man’s eyes, the anger was dissipating and the pain of loss was seen. The elder put his arm around the shoulders of his ward. “I miss her, too, lad.”

The two walked for quite some time and talked about a great many things. When all was said and done, Dillan had finally received his Lord’s blessing to travel. He had one mission and it was the same one he had been given when he was six; look after Lithia. Dillan went to the tiny church at the edge of town to meditate and pray before his journey.

+++++​

Dillan snapped back into the present and heard people commenting on a choice about a job to undertake. He hadn’t heard the original proposition nor read the paper but his choice was easy. “I’m with the Lady.” He put his hand on her shoulder as he moved up behind Lithia. A huge sigh of relief escaped Dillan’s lips. He had initially been worried about how she would feel seeing him. Dillan didn’t know why she left; no one did. He just hoped it didn’t have anything to do with him.

• Love
Reactions: Pyralithia