The Drachensturm Sign-ups and Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Killian Lawless
Appearance:
wizard_concept_1_by_yamao-d6iktj9.jpg

Apparel and Equipment: Killian wears fine leather vestments as armor, lined with masterfully constructed steel rings for protection. He often is seen wearing a cape and a wide brimmed hat with a cane in hand. The cane holds a dagger in the head and the head itself is made of steel making it a decent club if need be. At his hip he openly has a arming sword of seemingly unremarkable quality but the blade itself is made of very fine Damascus steel as well as a matching long dagger. On his back along with his pack he often has an oak crossbow with a small quiver of bolts at his hips. Other than that he carries a rather large hide backpack and satchel where he carries not only travel rations and spare clothing but also a light alchemy kit, medical equipment, wood and leather working knives and currency. Other than the symbol of his somewhat hidden order he also carries a self-made pocketwatch.
Zodiac/Star Sign: Scorpio
Birth Date: 3rd of November
Ethnicity: A mix of Nordic and Italian
Height: 185cm
Weight: 90kg
Birth Place: Reykjavik, Ex-Iceland.
IQ: 200+
Known Languages: Killian is a devout studier of language, capable of speaking old English, Icelandic, Accented Italian and Spanish, Norwegian, Swedish, Gaelic, Latin and actually broken Japanese
Religion: Pagan. Technically an Atheist but is part of a religious order known as the "Order of the Tesla" which derives it's name from the very long dead Nikola Tesla. An order that strives to bring back old technology and science for all people. The religious symbol of the order is the symbol of an atom engraved in a metal cog. On close examination, faint lines and dots can be felt along the cog, very similar to old age circuitry.
Skills:
Killian is an exceptional man of science, learned in chemistry or alchemy, medicine, Herbalism, Engineering and the crafting of leather, metal, cloth and other materials.
He is a capable blacksmith in that regard and an exceptional tailor, making his own clothes from the best materials he can gather up.
He isn't much of a fighter though but can defend himself when need be with the use of a blade or even a club. He is an decent shot with crossbow and such weaponry though.
Killian however is a witch capable of using magic. To his own mindset his most exceptional magical skill is the ability to sense various energies, mostly people and electrical currents. He is almost a human compass as well as magnetic fields are visible to him and allows him to sometimes, when he focuses, able to deduce where he may find various metal. Through touch he may cause shock without much to himself and move metal objects with ease as long as they are within his reach and are small enough. He may move items that he senses if they are close enough but that is both inaccurate and unreliable as he may not be able identify what the item is. A very handy ability of his is to conjure up water from the moisture in the air and possibly even extract water from plants and ground, as well as remove the impurities in the water including turning saltwater into freshwater which are very handy during his seafaring.
<3

Wonderful sign-up.
Just make sure you don't go too crazy with the magic...

Definitely accepted!

I won't XD. But prepare to be amazed, you common barbarians.

Oh, and a question. How is the inhabitance of Iceland? There isn't that much detail how much each kingdom's area is and I'd like this "Secretive" order of tech buffs be secluded in Iceland.

Iceland is very sparsely populated. Surviving there was especially difficult due to the Nuclear Winter effect of various warheads exploding around the globe. The island itself however, remains intact, complete with hot springs and volcanoes. It is not governed by anybody.

Fun fact: I am hand-drawing a custom map which will lay out all of the various realms.

Awesome. I'm doing that as well with my own rp and it's awesome knowing Iceland is so sparsely populated. The natural geothermal energies there would be quite handy for the Brotherhood of Tesla.

Also though, Nuclear Bomb radiation doesn't really last that long, especially from a tactical nuke. Nuclear meltdown of a powerplant however is far more potent.

Edit: Though who'd nuke Iceland? It's about as effective in the nuclear race as that mass of trash in the ocean. Possibly less so XD

Awesome. I'm doing that as well with my own rp and it's awesome knowing Iceland is so sparsely populated. The natural geothermal energies there would be quite handy for the Brotherhood of Tesla.

Also though, Nuclear Bomb radiation doesn't really last that long, especially from a tactical nuke. Nuclear meltdown of a powerplant however is far more potent.
Mhmm. But some of the nukes targeted power stations of all varieties. Electrical blackout was a common occurrence. Eventually governments globally lost control of their citizens and all Hell broke loose.

Mhmm. But some of the nukes targeted power stations of all varieties. Electrical blackout was a common occurrence. Eventually governments globally lost control of their citizens and all Hell broke loose.
Yeah. Though Nuclear Winter concentrated in iceland would be close to impossible seeing how there is no nuclear power there and it relies on geothermal power. BUT nukes and bunker busters etc can easily target those plants to cause some damage.

@WitchChild your character makes me say "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy"
Just lose the soldier part XD He isn't very good at soldiering. He is good at medic-ing though XD

Those of you who have already signed up.

I'm fairly sure I remember saying that IQ rarely exceeds the value of 150. Even Einstein is barely outside of this.
If your character's IQ is above this number please tone it down to a more realistic setting.

Hey, there is nothing wrong with having two medics. Doubles the chances for people to be kept alive.

And my character is AWFUL at flirting XD

Reactions: WarriorHeart
Three medics. Andy is more than an ugly face and an axe-arm. You can never have enough medics - especially in a medieval analogue - we'd be much loved by any township.

May I ask about when the estimate time would it be until the IC is up?

I believe that Jack wants a full 23-25 (?) players. The OOC is in the first post if you wanna come talk in there.

If the sign-ups keep progressing at the current pace; by the coming Friday. I'll time it with the weekend so more people have time to post.

Hmm....Now I kinda wanna add a semi-magical power to Pyrelithia XD dang you @WitchChild! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.