The Dorien Academy for Young Men

"I was going to draw the garden but do something a little different with the snow, and yeah you can look," Kole said, handing Jem the sketchbook.
In the book was a little of gesture drawings and drawings of other things he saw or just liked.
When it came to gesture drawings Kole would always find the best dancer to sketch, but after a few weeks he noticed the one kid always messing up and thought doing a gesture drawing of him would be different and amusing.
Kole whistled to himself as Jem looked through his sketchbook. Kole stuck his hands in his pockets and lifted the hood over his head to try and get a bit warmer.

Jem flipped through the drawings, careful not to rip anything or smudge the drawings. "You're really good at drawing," he said, smiling a bit until he flipped to a page with a series of gesture drawings on it that looked like someone falling or on the ground or just weird looking.

"Are these supposed to be me?" he asked, showing Kole the page. "Do I really look like that when I fall or mess up?" He blushed a bit, though it was hard to see from the cold that caused a rosy color to appear there naturally.

Kole shrugged, a bit embarrassed that he saw the ones of him. "I wanted to draw something new, everyone else was too perfect..." Kole answered.
"They're different and show more than just a pretty picture, because the world isn't just a bunch of pretty picture." Kole tried to explain why he thought that was better to draw,but he wasn't sure if he was helping Jem understand or just confusing him.

Jem felt heat rising to his cheeks as Kole explained that he had drawn so many sketches of him because he wasn't as perfect as the rest. Biting his bottom lip, he said, "Well...I'm glad you find me so interesting," he said, shrugging. He handed the sketchbook back to Kole, smiling gently.

Kole took the sketchbook back and looked at the garden silently.
"I don't think this something you can easily catch on paper..." he said to himself. He thought about it, his hands would freeze if he tried to make a perfect drawing of it.

Jem shivered as he gazed up at Kole, wondering what he meant by that. Biting his bottom lip, he said, "We...we could go back inside if you want..." He reached up and brushed his hair behind his ears, nervously glancing at Kole.

"If you're cold then sure," Kole said before turning back around to go inside. "You want to go explore those passageways again?" he then asked.

Jem nodded, and was quickly turning around when Kole said that they could go back to the tunnels and explore. "Sure," he said. "We can go to my room first and I can grab my flashlight and go." He smiled and led Kole back inside, glad when they were out of the cold.

They walked up to Jem's dorm once more, where Jem swiftly found the flashlight. "Ready?" he asked Kole, smiling towards him.

Kole followed Jem back to his door. He almost forgot he wasn't wearing his own jacket, but hoped Jem wouldn't mind him keeping it on.
"Ready," Kole said back to Jem and smiled back.