The Doctor (A Doctor Who roleplay)

Lillian watched him as he bounced around excitedly, opening the door. Lillian took the ribbon from around her wrist and tied her hair up into a sleek ponytail.

The Doctor gestured for Lillian to move slowly, and quietly. They moved through multiple hallways for a time, mostly empty, when they happened upon a deactivated Cyberman.

"…Well, I think it's safe to say we're not their only enemy…"

She looked at the large robot like man with a bit of sadness in her eyes.

"I read a book like this once. All they need is love. And a rewiring."

She laughed a bit at her joke, then looked at The Doctor, really looking for the first time. He had the most gorgeous, all-knowing eyes, a full mouth that always seemed to show emotion, and an all-around character that pulled one to him. Even at that moment, she wanted to ask him to hold her...

The Doctor suddenly changed his serious ways, and stared into the girl's eyes as if to say 'I know these things. That won't work.' He led her through more hallways, before coming up to a door, which led to a room of old machinery.

"Well!" Began the Doctor. "Looks like we have our armoury. Just stand by the door, and listen in for any hard footsteps while I use this tech for…whatever it is its for."

Lillian nodded and stood by the door, taking the stance of a soldier. She tried not to giggle, everything overwhelming her greatly.

The Doctor quickly shushed Lillian, taking her hand, and hurrying the girl through behind a couple of metal crates, as the two overlooked an entire invasion force: Cages of hard see through material held in CyberMats, with several stands holding extra firepower, like rifles and such, should the standard wrist mounted blaster not suite the needs of the standard cyberman, plus, off in the distance, some air ships of which to go down onto earth.

"…Well, I'd say the human race is doomed…that is, unless I figure out how to save us all. Gimme a moment then…"

Lillian watched the man, resisting the urge to touch his large, soft-looking hair. She didn't even pay attention to what he said.

"Lily, be a dear and pay attention: Everything you hold near and dear is about to be destroyed. You are watching armies of metal monstrosities preparing to cleanse the Earth of all living, organic beings. That includes H-U-M-A-N-S. And frankly, neither of us would like that to happen. Right?…Right?"

Lillian jumped as he said her name and nodded as he spoke. Honestly, she couldn't care less what happened to humans. What had they done for her?

"Eh…" Went the Doctor "Rather awkward that you have a lack of feeling for genocide by machines…"

She looked down and sighed.

"Fine, what do we do?"

She hated this. Hated not being back at home, sleeping. Hating being with this rather boring man who cared about nothing but giant robots. She wanted excitement.