Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Elementary
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Action, Adventure, Animal, Apocalyptic, Comedy, Dystopian, Fantasy, Furry, Game, R. Harem, Horror, Modern Fantasy, Parody, Romance, Supernatural Modern
Last edited:
fright
Ione Self Proclaimed God of Dimensional Play
Day 1 | Morning | Displacer Ruins

Life was normal. Then, they woke up.

It was sunrise and the light could be seen peaking through the collapsed ceiling. The building everyone woke in was rubble and disrepair. The air had a heavy feel to it, a wet heat that almost made it a bit difficult to breathe properly. Despite being under the shade, the humidity of the outside leaked into the partially enclosed room. The outside was noisy even though the morning sun was just rising. All kinds of skittering, buzzing, and calls sounded around the outside of the degraded building. Though, some with sensitive hearing could be sure that there was no immediate danger near them.

As many would start to pick themselves off the dusty floors, they may notice that they were not alone. In the building laid a total of four other creatures and people.

"It's time for some fun! It's time to play a game!" A child like voice said. A shadow loomed over the opening in the building. "My name is Ione, the self-proclaimed god of play! I brought you all here to play a game!"

The shadow held all manors of colors, dots like stars sparkled within as it started to morph and move till it molded a very short, childlike man. Although his body took on a more humanoid form, he still looked like the starry night sky. He was floating high enough that hopefully, no one would be stupid enough to try and attack him. He had a small shield up around him to keep himself protected from such attacks.

"If you win, I will take you home! If you lose, you'll die here! Of course, every game need rule!" Ione went on.

"Rule 1: Don't wander too far from each other! You have 3 miles before majority rules and the odd one out dies! If it's split evenly, then a random group will die!
Rule 2: When you hear a bell, a challenge will start! The winner of the challenge will get a small boon!
Rule 3: Be a good player, good players get rewarded with a Star Coin! 1 Star Coin will call me to you and I'll take care of your problem. Careful though, it might not be exactly how you want it!
Rule 4: If you're a bad player, then bad players get Star Fragments! Star Fragments will give you bad luck and I'll mess up or make problems!
Rule 4: When you see sparkles, follow them, because they will be there to lead you to challenges.
Rule 5: I can add rules whenever I want!
To win the game, complete all 6 of my challenges!"

Ione cheered and looked over at the group of challengers. He seemed to be waiting with such excitement for their responses.

Last edited:
What hit Volen first on waking up was the humidity. It was an almost unfamiliar feeling, as in his home region it was a rare feeling. As he sat up, his hands drifted to his sword, amazed to find it still there. "Wha-" he was cut off by some strange starlike being introducing himself as Ione. After sitting and listening for a minute, a couple key parts stuck out to him. "Self proclaimed god?" He decided to start with. "I've never heard of a god willing to call itself self proclaimed." He was choosing to ignore those he sensed around him, for the being made of the night sky demanded his attention. The way the strange being, Ione addressed them, they were on the same side anyways. (Forgive this if it's lacking quality, I need some time to settle into the character.)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Tiger Dragon
Interactions: Volen @Cabob7

Her eyes fluttered slightly till they cracked open, something was off. It was humid, too humid to be her room which was a cool 74F. Sitting up she saw four other people around her. Niccola continued to look around, noting that the building they were in was in shambles. Nothing looked sturdy or safe. The sounds outside didn't sound like the city she lived in. Dusting herself off she stood up as some of the others began to wake. She looked down at herself shifting her foot in her boot slightly to make sure the knife was still there in its sheath.

A voice came from her left. Turning ever so slightly to be able to see she saw a shadow. It morphed and changed into a humanoid figure; looking like the night sky. Beautiful but, she had a feeling this thing was deadly. As lone continues talking her anger spikes. Who the hell does this thing think it is! Niccola wasn't some pawn to be used in a game. clenching her fists she sent an icy glare at lone. This wasn't going to fly by her.

When lone finished talking her anger faded as she thought over the rules. If she was mean then bad things would happen. Hmm...that's good to know, she thought. Turning to face the person who talked about the creature being a self-proclaimed god saying, "Is that really the first thing that came to mind? Seriously, wouldn't what kind of game is this or anything other than that?" She knew that was rude but the guy could have said something better. The first thing that came to her mind was the rules.

• Love
fright
Kyllan Remalece
Day 1 | morning | crumbling building who-knows-where

Kyllan woke with a start, his icy blue eyes snapping open. He was lying on his stomach on dusty stone, wings curled loosely around his lithe form. He grimaced at the humidity thick and heavy in the air as he retracted the leathery, blood-red appendages to lay against his back. The atmosphere resembled that of the midst of an Obsinaran jungle. This certainly wasn't the high, cold cliff where he had been only a moment ago. Where was he?

Catlike in fluidity and grace, he pressed his hands against the stone and shifted onto the balls of his feet before smoothly rising. Once fully standing, he arched his back, his wings extending to their full span and flapping just enough to stir up a bit of a draft as he stretched the muscles that controlled them before tucking against his back once more. As he observed his new surroundings, he paused at a shimmering in the corner of his eye, turning warily to watch a new figure who seemed formed from all the brilliance of the night sky and who had materialized floating some feet above the ground where he stood.

The bloodwing gritted his teeth at the words of the figure, who introduced himself as Ione, but did not express his irritation besides a slight flaring of his massive wings. He was no trick pony to do a master's bidding and being treated as such offended and infuriated him, but he figured he would be better off avoiding provoking this so-called "god"s wrath if he really was as powerful as he seemed. Instead, he listened to the premise and rules that the figure laid out. So that was why he was in a strange place with strange noises, strange smells, and most importantly, strange people. Glancing around at the people in question, he warily touched the dagger belted to his side, ensuring its presence. Ione seemed to be implying that they were to work together, but he wasn't about to trust a group of total strangers so easily, especially not when at least one of them looked like a native Brigalian like himself.

Instead of engaging any of the other three or the "god," he cast a surveying glance around the ruins into which they had been brought, searching for a window or other opening through which he could survey this new territory. Once he found one, he propelled himself up to it with a bound and a single, powerful flap of his wings, crouching in the opening, a staying hand to the dusty stone and his wings slightly lifted for balance, and surveying what lay beyond.

• Love
It was far too hot and humid for poor little Yer'on's feathery body. Especially compared to the temperate climate he was used to. As he cracked his eyes open, he saw that everything was falling apart, and what he assumed to be a dense jungle sat just outside the dilapidated building, housing countless buggies and beasties. It was the total opposite of the city he called home.

Making an awkward squawking noise, Yer'on jumped to his feet and twisted his neck around left and right to gauge his surroundings as quickly as possible. There were others with him, also looking around in a confused manner. Immediately, Yer'on's irritation gave way to gleeful curiosity. New faces? How exciting! One of them wasn't even human!

And then the sparkly being that called itself Ione appeared before them, rambling about some game and rules and challenges. It was a bit confusing, but also sounded like great fun. Getting home was a bonus, too!

"Hello!" Yer'on said to the sparkling god-being in his high-pitched voice. "I accept your game, on one condition! When I win, I would like to be granted a wish." He grinned, baring his beak-ful of razor-sharp teeth. "It's a fair trade for accepting without complaint, yes?"

Last edited:
fright

Kyllan - @Astroblaze

Kyllan was able to find both a window and he may have noticed past Ione, the broken part of the building on the roof was big enough for him to wing through as well. When approaching them if he tries to get out, he would feel an invisible wall preventing him from leaving. He was stuck and unable to get out of this small enclosed spot with the god and three other people.

Yer'on - @Moogle-Girl

Ione seemed surprised that someone had spoken to him in such an interest in his games. It was obvious he wasn't used to being spoken to in a, much kinder manner. The starry god smiled and nodded at Yer'on. "Of course crow thing!" Ione said, "After this was over, I was going to give everyone an item! But if you want a wish, then I can try and grant that for you too!" The god told him. There were some things even Ione couldn't do, but if Yer'on was going to participate freely, he wasn't going to spoil that.

Everyone- All Players​

Ione turned to the group as a whole before clapping his hands together, ignoring the other comments and one escape attempt.

DING DONG DING DONG: CHALLENGE 1

Suddenly, the chime rang out to the group.

"Yay! Challange 1!" Ione cheered happily, throwing his arms in the air as he floated to another spot in the sky. He flailed his arms to the side and made a T.V. screen magically appear. On the screen was a picture of everyone, but showed up as cute little heads and the title of "CHALLENGE 1"

"Here are the rules! Everyone must introduce themselves and then tell three true facts. One of their skills, one about their past and one about one of their deepest secrets!" Ione said, "Lets see who goes first!!"

Ione made another flailing motion with his arms at the T.V. screen, like he was spinning something. The little heads started to rotate around the bored and then they were in a new order, "These will be your numbers from now on, so don't you forget them!"

The T.V. showed each person numbers next to their little heads:
Player 1 Volen
Player 2 Yer'on
Player 3 Kyllan
Player 4 Niccola

"Alright, ready? Start!" Ione told the group, looking to Volen expectantly to start. His hands were clasped together in an excited fidget.

Last edited:
His question ignored, Volen shrugged, and then all of a sudden, a loud sound, a chime of some sort played, and Ione began excitedly explaining a 'challenge.' Volen had no will to resist Ione at this point, and nodded. Looking to the crowd around him he nodded.
"I'm Volen Ceredege. I am a spellblade, which means my skill would be..." Volen paused, and drew his blade. With a whisper, and a hand gesture along the blade, it taking on a dull yellow glow. "I make my blade take on a magical element." The glow vanished quickly, and Volen put his blade away. "A fact about my past? I come from a small village, from which I'm the first human to be able to control magic at all in two generations. And my deepest secret...?" Volen took a deep breath, then looks between his new group of 'freinds.' "I...wanted to be a paladin. But I failed the test. So instead I'm just a mercenary." Volen's voice grew quieter as he spoke, still touchy about this fact.

Yer'on bounced from side to side at Ione's agreement. He already knew what he would wish for, and the prospect of finally getting it was an exciting one indeed! But before he could properly thank his sparkly new friend, a bell rang out from somewhere in the distance, announcing the start of the first challenge.

"Is that all?" Yer'on said once Ione explained the rules. "That's easy!"

As it was the long-haired human's turn to go first, Yer'on stilled his gleeful hopping and listened closely. He wanted to know as much about his competitors as possible. Volen, as the boy called himself, was a sword-wielder, and possessed a magical ability quite similar to Yer'on's own skill with darkness. This pleased him! It also made him happy to know that Volen was evidently not able to attack at range; Yer'on's speed would run circles around him and his sharpened metal stick should the need arise.

And with that, it was Yer'on's time to shine. He turned to face the rest of the group and bowed his little head in each of their directions. "Hello everyone! My name is Yer'on. Please don't forget it, or I may be forced to pluck out your tongue." He smiled, one hundred percent sincere. "My skills include crafting attractive jewelry from the bones of my enemies. In the past, I lived in a lovely land called Exul, and I've been told I was abandoned by my ungrateful creators. And..."

He trailed off. That smile he always wore turned into a thoughtful frown. Did he even have any secrets? Yer'on prided himself on always letting everyone know what he thought, but... Well, there was the bit about her. He didn't like to talk about it, but if it was necessary to win the challenge, it would have to do. "I used to be in the service of my Mistress. She made me do very boring tasks to further her own agenda. But no longer! I am free, now and forever!" He started up a little dance, hopping back and forth on his haunches.

fright
Kyllan Remalece
Day 1 | morning | crumbling building (Displacer Ruins)

Ione (@Tiger Dragon), Yer'on (@Moogle-Girl)

Wanting to keep an at least somewhat safe distance from Ione, Kyllan had flown to the window, not the opening in the roof. Fortunately for him, he did not attempt to leave and thus was not met with such a startling realization. He did, however, feel a force pressing back at him as he crouched, making it difficult for him to keep his balance. Recognizing the resistance as something of a magical forcefield, the wary bloodwing did his best not to touch it.

As he surveyed the landscape beyond, he listened to the interplay between the other four beings present but turned over his shoulder at the announcement of the first challenge. It sounded simple yet discomfortingly invasive, but given the rules that Ione had laid out, he had to comply. For a moment, he considered lying to protect himself—did the other three really need to know that much about him so soon?—but he worried that the pseudo-god would have the capacity to see through his untruths. If that were the case, he'd soon find himself in a much worse situation than any provoked by such quick and total transparency.

Dropping backward off of his perch, he twisted in midair and spread his wings, timing the maneuver perfectly so that he landed smoothly and lightly and folding his wings back against his back as he walked across the cracked stone to rejoin the rest. He halted just out of striking distance of the one nearest to him, folding his arms with posture tall and guarded.

"My name is Kyllan Remalece," he introduced himself, his terse, mid-toned voice tinged with an accent that resembled an odd fusion of Scottish and Greek "I'm an Ætolan bloodwing from a moderate tribe dwelling in the northeasterly Eischlan mountain range. I was trained in the standard ways of a warrior of my kind for much of my life and have had significant experience in solitary wilderness survival in more recent years. Some of my skills might be obvious in what I carry." The comment might draw further attention to the bow and stocked quiver slung across one shoulder, the mildly abused knapsack over the other, and the sheathed dagger belted to his hip. "Unless a certain 'god of play' insists otherwise—" this remark was accompanied by a pointed look to Ione— "I will not be going into specifics."

Now for the most uncomfortable of the mandatory questions. His posture tensed further, his brow furrowed and mouth drawn in a thin line. He found himself looking away from the rest, a fierce glare fixating itself on a particularly large crack in the stone floor. "I was rejected from my tribe for being..." He paused, gritting his teeth before he was finally able to spit out the final two words with a disgusted vehemence as though they left a foul taste in his mouth: "emotionally weak." If the venom in his tone did not already make it exceedingly clear that he would not take well to sympathy, his stiff, guarded posture certainly would.

There: he had gotten through the challenge. Hopefully, the "god of play" wouldn't require elaboration on any points he had brought up. In the meantime... he lifted his gaze, still fierce but now with more of a threatening light, to the one who called himself "Yer'on." "And as for you, crow child—" he uncrossed his arms just long enough to touch the hilt of his sheathed dagger with implications that surely everyone understood— "I'd like to see you try. I will address you by your name when you have earned enough of my respect for the courtesy, and not a moment sooner." Point made, he returned his arms to their original position folded across his chest.

Last edited:
Interactions: Everyone @Cabob7 @Tiger Dragon @Astroblaze @Moogle-Girl
Mentions: N/A

As she watched the group she wondered, who these people really are. They all seemed to have come from there own little world, worlds she doesn't know. And as each talked Niccola watched the way they moved, the way they talked, and the way the looked. The first one, a human, looked short though taller than her. His movements were simple as if he was just okay with everything. Niccola wasn't sure what to make of him. He seemed like an okay guy but, when he said he was a mercenary Niccola got second thoughts. Though that last thing about being a paladin seemed touchy, she'll have to remember that.

The next one was strange, to say the least. A giant bird. What are the odds of seeing a bird about the size of a dog or maybe bigger? One thing was for sure this thing was creepy. Niccola almost shrunk back at the sight of it but, refrained. She was the only girl so she needed to not seem weak. This bird thing, Yer'on, was cocky, to say the least, but so was she when she wanted to be. Thinking about it she figured they might get along.

And finally was the tall elven looking guy. The way he moved was that of a guy who's been through a lot. his guarded expression and the guarded stance he took Niccola knew this one was someone to reckon with. Then again all she had was a dagger. Maybe she was screwed when it came to comparing the three to her. Shaking the thought away she watched the bloodwing, as he said he was, talk about his secret. Another touchy subject. Hmm..I'll need to watch those two, maybe I can use their touchy subjects against them, Niccola though to herself.

Then finally it was her turn. Coughing slightly to get there attention Niccola spoke, "I'm Niccola. One skill is cooking and make fun of me for it and I'll cut out your tongue." She glared at everyone, venom in her eyes. "A thing from the past huh, not that it's your business but, both my parents are dead." Niccola looked down for a second thinking of her parents before looking up with another glare as if daring them to feel pity or comment on it. "Now since I have to share my deepest secret here it is." She took a deep breath. "I killed my parents."

Last edited by a moderator:
Kyllan intrigued Yer'on the most, given their shared affinity for flight. He did seem to be looking for a way out, which was no fun at all, but every non-human species Yer'on encountered made questions bubble up in his head nonstop. What did Kyllan eat? How did he spend his day? What color was his blood? That sort of thing. The bloodwing wielded a bow, so Yer'on made a mental note not to strike him without the element of surprise.

"That's fine by me, my crimson-winged friend!" Yer'on chirped. "Just as long as you carry the name in your memory, always."

The final competitor, Niccola, seemed afraid of Yer'on, as she should be, but also made a threat not unlike Yer'on's own. Excellent! She didn't disappoint him, even though she seemed not to carry any weaponry. And anyone who had the strength of body and mind to end their caregivers deserved some credit.

"Tell me," Yer'on said to the girl, "did they scream? Did you smile? I hope so. Casting off the lives of those who would hold you back is a refreshing ordeal indeed. I speak from experience!"

fright

Ione seemed very pleased as all the players interacted with one another. The god clapped his hands when Niccola finished speaking, even as Yer'on started to ask his quite morbid questions. Ione clapped louder, almost to get the groups attention, "Haha! So fun! So fun! You're all so fun!" He repeated happily. He floated to the other side of the T.V. Screen, "They were all so good I can't choose! So, I'll have Mr. T.V. Tell me. Who is the winner of challenge 1?" He asked the T.V. He threw his hands towards it and a little-highlighted line of sparkles started to move along the list of players. A soft ding sounded for every player it moved on to. Scrolling around a couple of times before it started to slow. Eventually, it ended up on Kyllan's picture, Player 3.

There was a loud pop and confete appeared around the winged man, little streamers and sparkles getting caught in his wings and hair as it rained down on him momentarily. Ione clapped again, giving a supportive cheer, "Yay! Good job Kayllan! You're so cool! Gifts for everyone! But the biggest gift for you!" He told the bloodwing.

With a wave of his hand, Ione made a leather cuff appear around all the players dominate wrists. Each cuff was about as wide as the palm of their hands. In the middle of the cuff was a gem that was a different color for all of the Players. Inside of the gem looked to be a number as well, each the number of the player Ione had assigned to them at the beginning of the challenge. One either side of the gem was two circular slots, that looked like they were meant to hold something.

"Everyone won challenge 1!" Ione said. Appearing on all the cuffs was a small button that just had the number 1 on it.

"And let's not forget the winner!" Kyllan's cuff lit up a moment before the right slot was filled with a golden coin that had a star imprinted on it. "A star coin!"

Ione clapped a bit more as the group would have a moment to look at their boons. Though the god stopped and seemed to be in a deep thought. He looked into a few other worlds and found someone who looked like they might be fun if he brought them as well. So, with a flick of his hand, a small starry portal opened up and a man fell out.

"Meet player 5! Everyone have fun! Have fun in your adventure!" Ione said again before he disappeared along with his ridiculous T.V. The barriers around the house also disappearing.

Aaron - @jeshem
Aaron had just woken in the morning from sleep, the sun was just rising before you were suddenly sucked from your location and thrown down on to the ground. You only saw a glimpse of a very glittery floating child before it vanished, leaving you in the room with four other creatures. Around your wrist is a cuff with the number 5 inside the middle gem.

• Love
Reactions: Astroblaze
On the ground, Aaron remained still for a second trying to make sense of what just happened before trying to get up. As he got up, he took in his surroundings and of the people that were with him. It seemed at first that there were three other humans with him, two male and one female, as well as large bird thing. Inspecting himself, he found that not only was he fully dressed but he also was wearing his forearm guards and gloves as well as a strange gauntlet like object attached to his right arm. He also realized that he had his single strap backpack on him and although he decided against searching the pack now, he could feel his water bottle bouncing around inside as well as his baton which was strapped to the outside.

The place he had ended up reminded Aaron of the hidden jungle temples from the stolen movies he would watch in his free time. He did not recognize all the distant noises coming from outside though he was able to pick several out as bird calls and buzzing insects. The stickiness and humidity of the atmosphere was noticeable even in the room he was in so he unzipped his hoodie and pulled on the collar of his t-shirt to cool himself.

Returning his attention to the people around him, he arched an eyebrow and looked around as if to say "Who are you guys and where am I?". Seeing the bird-dog-thing again, his eyebrow raised a bit higher as his confusion increased.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Astroblaze
fright
Kyllan Remalece

Aaron (@jeshem)

Kyllan's mouth tightened at the words of the one who introduced herself as Niccola. Killing one's own caretakers was an action fit for one of his own kind, and that made him distinctly uneasy. When the bird-creature, Yer'on, reacted with eager intrigue and morbid queries, he turned away with teeth gritted in a snarl. Great stars, he was surrounded by cold-blooded murderers. He had hoped to have seen the last of that type of company when he was banished from his tribe. He could only hope that none of them would attempt to stab him in the back. Perhaps the one called Volen would side with him against them if need be: the human seemed similar to him in personality.

Turning his attention back to the pseudo-god as he spoke up again, Kyllan watched the floating image that Ione called Mr. TV as the sparkling trail cycled through the caricatures of the four of them before settling on his own. He flinched at the loud pop overhead, lifting his arms and wings defensively as he was flooded with... strange flower petals and magic sparks? He stared at the foreign material as a brief shake loosened it from his wings and hair to flutter gently to the stone underfoot. It looked like petals but certainly didn't feel like them: more like scraps of parchment coated in candle wax, and he was perplexed.

At a sudden tightness around his right-hand wrist, he observed the leather cuff that had appeared there, studded with a large, pale blue gem with a 3 floating within and a tiny button marked with a 1. He blinked when the cuff flashed, a golden coin that Ione called a "star coin" appearing within one of the two slots on either side of the central gem. That must be the Star Piece that the being had mentioned early on. Since there was only one slot for it—the other obviously being for a Star Fragment—he would likely need to use it before winning another, assuming he ever did win another.

The humanoid was distracted from his musings as a new stranger, introduced by Ione as "Player 5," fell into the room through a starry portal matching the being's own form. The human seemed young and slight of build, but Kyllan maintained caution: small did not necessarily mean less dangerous. However, he seemed innocent enough, and there was no need to leave him out of the loop if he was to be an ally as well. Nonetheless, the bloodwing kept his arms folded and attitude guarded as he addressed the young man.

"None of us know where we are. The same being who brought you here brought the rest of us as well. If his explanation is to be believed, we were all brought here to play this... 'game'—" he gritted his teeth as he added this last term—"that he devised. I believe we are to work together as he spoke in language of a party. You missed the introduction phase, so who, then, are you?"

• Love
Yer'on wasn't particularly happy to know that he wasn't the true winner of the first challenge, but he didn't mind too much as long as he wasn't eliminated from the game on luck alone.

He felt something on his hind leg and, twisting his neck around to investigate, saw that a tiny leather cuff had appeared around it, fitted so that it wouldn't jangle against his foot. There was a ruby or similar gem embedded in it, with a small "2" floating inside. So he would be player 2 for the entire game? Excellent! That meant he could go as soon as possible while still getting the advantage of seeing the challenge performed first.

And then, surprise surprise, a fifth competitor was brought into the game! Another human, one that reacted with confusion at Yer'on's appearance rather than fear. "Yes, yes!" Yer'on urged the fifth player, adding on to Kyllan's question. "It's only fair that you perform the first challenge as the rest of us did. You must introduce yourself and tell us three facts: one of your skills, one of your past, and one of your deepest secrets. And I strongly recommend that you tell the truth." His smile broadened just a little more.

Interactions: @Moogle-Girl

A fierce glare was directed toward Yer'on at his comment. How dare he imply ask such questions. It's her business, not there's. SHe was already mad due to having to say it out loud but, having someone ask questions was worse. "Watch what you say, creature," Niccola spat taking a step towards Yer'on. If he didn't keep his mouth shut then she was going to shut it for him. Looking at the ground she gave a brief thought to her parents. Her head snapped up when she saw a band wrap around her wrist, a purple gem in the center. 'So I'm player 4?'

A voice came from behind making her head turn slightly. A man stood there, human from what she could tell. He seemed confused just like they were when they woke. Niccola nodded along with what Yer'on was saying, showing her agreement.

If Aaron heard or even understood what the man was saying it did not show on his face as it returned to a calm, bored look. Still on one knee, he took off his backpack and placed it in front of him so that it hid his collapsed batton from the rest of the group. Detaching the batton with his right hand, his left hand opened and searched his pack. His water bottle was indeed in there but he also felt several snack bars, his taser stick, some shivs (he was careful not to poke himself), and at least two throwing knives. His fingers instinctively wrapped around the handle of one of the knives.

While the bird-thing and girl also jumped in to interrogate him, Aaron's mind continued to try to process what was going on. His silence continued as he gradually arranged his observation into thought. First, the man speaking to him possessed most of the characteristics of a human with the addition of two large, red, bat wings. Was he perhaps an augmented elite? Certainly no slum dweller would be able to afford to surgically attach wings to their body, let alone wings so elaborate.

Second, the bird-thing-with-teeth could talk. Aaron was unsure whether he should be more surprised about this or the simple fact that thing even existed. He had heard from some drunks that eccentric elites were known to fund and own genetically mutated animals as pets but had always dismissed them as rumors and drunk talk. Was this thing the pet of the winged man?

Third, the girl who had yet to speak was human as far as he could tell. She was short, even shorter than himself, and she couldn't have weighed much either telling from her small frame. Her light skin suggested that she wasn't much of an outdoors person but there was something about her that Aaron couldn't quite put his finger on. Perhaps she was like him, small and unassuming but more than capable of holding their own ground.

Fourth, the man who had yet to notice his arrival was also a human. By the way the man dressed though, Aaron knew that there was no way that the man was from Earth, let alone Terra 2. For one, carrying around such a large weapon as that sword was a sure-fire way of attracting the wrong kind of attention. For another, the metal armor the man had on would weigh him down too much. Even if it did work on blocking bullets and heat bolts, which Aaron doubted it could, the man would hardly survive a day before he was torn apart by some hover gang.

His eyes flicked back over to the winged man. He was about to just answer with a name but bit his tongue when the bird-thing added that he had to disclose some personal information of himself. The thing had said that he should 'perform the first challenge as the rest of us did'. Did this mean that they had already told each other about themselves? If they did, that would mean that they had some trust in each other. A trust, he knew, that they lacked for him and vice versa.

He took a breath and tightened his grip on his weapons, still keeping them out of sight. His machine spine awoke from its dormant state as it prepared to dump adrenaline into his veins. Against one, he could probably hold his ground. Against all four, he wouldn't stand a chance.

A skill, his past, and a secret was what he needed to tell them. "I fight," he finally said. "I fought." Here Aaron hesitated. Never having been an expressive person, his secrets had always his own, even from his closest friends. This meant that all of Aaron's secrets were technically his deepest secret. Finally shrugging, he decided to just throw a random one out. "I think the color pink is very pretty."

fright
Kyllan Remalece

Yer'on (@Moogle-Girl), Aaron (@jeshem), group at large

Kyllan's lip curled at Yer'on's arrogance. "Hardly fair to demand those answers from him when he was not present to hear ours."

His steely blue eyes narrowed at the man's rummaging through his bag, having glimpsed his surreptitious retrieval of a probable weapon from the side. Although the humanoid seemed relatively relaxed, posture still tall with arms folded, he could have a loaded bow aimed at the stranger's head if he so much as twitched the wrong way. Hiding his suspicion for the moment as the young man could merely be taking precautions, and rightly so since they were all armed strangers and thus potential threats, he addressed the newcomer to refute Yer'on's demands.

"You need not worry about the deepest secret, but at least give your name unless you would have us addressing you as 'you there' or 'boy' or 'Player 5.' Since none of you seem to know how to operate within a tribe," he added in a biting comment aimed at the other three, "I will begin introductions on our part. My name is Kyllan. I'm an Ætolan bloodwing warrior."

Niccola responded to Yer'on's honest questions and attempts to get to know her with a biting remark and a pressuring step forward. Yer'on's toothy smile didn't waver as he looked up at her face. "Very well," he said. "The moment I'm given the chance, you will be the first to die." Yer'on didn't much like making enemies, but he couldn't help that not everyone responded to his gestures well. His priorities had to be straightened out somehow.

Aaron was a man of few words -- not particularly interesting, so with his attitude towards Niccola straightened out, Yer'on turned his attention to the pale young man. "Oh, oh!" Yer'on said, again bouncing his weight back and forth. "Is pink the color of your blood? I think it's pretty too! And so hard to find!" At Kyllan's scolding, he added, "Ah, my apologies. My name is Yer'on. Please do not forget it. My skills lie in artistic pursuits. In the past, I lived in a dark place called Exul. As for my secret,"--he paused and took a breath, loathe to bring the point up for a second time--"I once served a Mistress and carried out her every demand. I am a free demon now, however!"