The Distortion of Normalcy[Icicle//Adelaid Belial]

Would you like to roleplay with one of us?

• Icicle is pretty chill...

• Belial is fair and swell...

• No thanks, fare thee well!

• I SHALL DEVOUR YOUR SOULS!!!

• I like being indecicive........but friends are nice...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Niko paused as Noelle approached him, then froze, as if confronted with the full weight of his sins on the day of judgement, with Noelle being the angel of death. He cleared his throat to attempt to shift his mood away, but thoughts about avoiding the girl filled his mind, adding to his overall sad and tired mood. His complexion was that of a zombie, as if he pulled one to many all-nighters, and his tray was stacked with bread items, meats, chips and sauces, with two cups of water on the side. He barely had time to touch one of the bread items before the girl sat down next to him and started to talk softly.

The boy paused, then dropped the bread and rested his arms in his lap in an unusual, bent-arm position, then slowly moved his head over to look at her. For the first time, he noticed features of her face which he never stopped to look at, such as her eye color and her freckles. All the same, he stared right into her eyes and cautiously rasped, "Good, u?" "I...have had a rough week........." he looked down at his lap, blushing slightly, and continued, "I'm...sorry for....making you-..err,...sorry." He took a deep breath, then made a gradual movement to turn towards her and grab her hand. He brought it up in a chivalrous fasion, holding her fingers with one hand and her fingertips with the other, kissed her hand, then held it lightly and mumbled, "I apologize for causing you distress......I did not avoid you willingly last week,..it was of necessity..."

He then released her hand and looked down at his lap, returning to his odd position. He murmured something under his breath, as if cursing himself, then looked back at her and said, "I appreciate your kindness, I'm just..." he paused, then swallowed his heart and turned away from her, coughing briefly before looking at his food and commenting, "hungry...I'm just hungry..." He then continued to eat his food, moving his arms and hands carefully, as if through water. As he ate, he continuously pulled his hoodie sleeves back towards his hands as they slipped down, purposefully trying to conceal the blood-spattered gauze bandaging hidden beneath.

Noelle was confused to say the least, she had only come over to make sure Niko was okay. He had looked so apologetic when she showed up and sat down. Then he started apologizing, did he realize that she was looking for him? But then he took her hand, she was obviously more confused than ever, especially when he began acting like a knight from the Arthurian age of England! He kissed her hand! Though Noelle felt her face flush, she continued with the most impassive look. Especially when he seemed to fold into himself again. "No, I get it....Niko, I'm right here though.... There's no need to shut me out, okay? I'm a big girl. I can handle it."

She looked over to the hand that held her own just moments earlier, it was wounded. Add that with the limp he had acquired since his absence, she knew he had gotten into some sort of skirmish. And he was hurt, but he didn't want her to know that for some reason. More specifically, he didn't want her to know that. Sure he was blocking everyone else out like normal but he apologized because he felt he had to block her out too. WAs she the reason this had happened?......For some reason, that made Noelle slightly sick, she didn't want him getting hurt over her. It was like when they'd ran into each other that first day.

He'd been hurt then too, why is it that he was so worried for her? Why was she so worried about him? She was too confused. When he'd let go of her hand and hidden his own, Noelle just ate in relative silence beside him. She was going to stay there today, beside him, and keep an eye on him.

Niko continued eating for a little while, then paused after stacking a bowl into a different one. He looked over at the girl, Noelle, but couldn't think of anything to say. After a few moments, he looked back down at his food and continued eating, trying to hide his uncouth expression with the food which he shoved into his mouth. Once he had finished half of his food, he placed another bowl onto the stack, beginning to feel awkward. "She thinks she is big? How am I supposed to respond to that?..."

He cleared his throat briefly, then looked back over to her and, trying to imagine what other people in the lunchroom would do in the same circumstance, asked, "So, h-how have you been, N...Noelle?" He looked at her for a few seconds, then looked back to his food and continued eating, uncertain about whether or not to feel bad about the rate at which he was eating. "I might have to eat faster or I'll still have food on this tray when the bell rings," he thought, starting to eat slightly faster while remaining careful about his arms.

To be honest, Noelle did kind of feel terrible, she hadn't even really touched her food. She probably should eat, so that Niko didn't feel awkward eating his mass of food. She took one bite of the pizza on her plate and drank some of the soda she'd bought. She looked over to Niko, he really did have like a mountain of food on his little tray. She smiled a bit, at least he was eating properly, "Umm....I've been better, but I'm fine right now.....You really are hungry, aren't you?"

She had meant for it to be a sort of joke, not trying to pick on him or anything. But, a few seconds after saying it she felt somewhat bad about saying it. He'd gone through so much, did she really have to crack a joke about how he was eating? Her smile dropped a little, and she continued to eat her food ,trying to not look over and see how Niko would respond.

At the mention of his food, Niko paused briefly, having just finished one of his last three bowls. He placed it on the stack he was amassing, then looked over to Noelle and dejectedly commented, "I can never eat enough food...it tastes good here..." he then continued eating, feeling even more awkward than before. He fought his blush unsuccessfully as he finished the next bowl of food, then paused as he looked at his last bowl. Before digging in, he looked over at Noelle and asked, "Why aren't you sitting with your friends? I-I can't converse like these other people..."

He gestured towards a few full tables of people who were pointing, laughing and shouting at each other, seemingly in their own separate worlds. The spectacle of the lunch room was always an undulating mass of activity and mystery, expecially when specifically pointed out. Even the table next to theirs was half full of people, all of whom were fanatically talking to each other and occasionally singing random stanzas of song. Niko placed his hands in his lap, confused, then continued, "...but Deedee and your other friends can..." He then started to eat his last bowl of food, looking at her as he ate, careful to hold the bowl under his chin so that he wouldn't drop any of the food onto his lap.

Noelle, watching were Niko had looked, sighed, propping her hands on the table and resting her head on them. She looked to where her friends were, and saw them talking and laughing. "True. That is true, you're not much of a talker." She turned to look at Niko who was once again assuming his loner position. "But,I didn't come here to talk, I came to hang out and check up on you. People don't need to talk to do that." She smiled, looking back around the lunchroom, then took another bite of food.

Besides, she didn't know what she was allowed to say yet. If she said something that made him clam up again, she'd have to recant and it would hinder the whole friend-making process. She couldn't afford that.

Niko quickly looked away from the girl as she continued eating, continuing to eat his own food as well albeit being very confused. Once he was done, he put all of his dishes back on the tray and looked back over to Noelle in confusion, asking, "How do you 'hang out' if you do not talk?" He paused for a few seconds, then took a drink of water to clear his throat and continued to observe her, taking the opportunity to think about her appearance slightly more, stocking up compliments for the future.

A few minutes later, right as Niko felt that the situation was getting awkward again, the bell rang, and Niko sighed. "I guess we should go to class," he commented, carefully rising from his seat. He brought his tray over to the dirty dishes carousel, then began to make his way to his next class, still looking conflicted and pained.

-----

After HOMEC was over, Niko hobbled over to the teacher to receive more...harsh...criticism, and apologized to the teacher fervently for his failed attempt. "I swear I flipped it back onto the pan..." "Sweetheart, you don't flip creme brulees." "But the instructions....oh..." "Next time, try to read the instructions more carefully."

With a depressed sigh, Niko bid farewell to the teacher and left the classroom, heading off to his dorm...

Noelle couldn't help but giggle at Niko's question about hanging out. And when she finally managed to get herself together, the bell had rung and they had to get to class. She nodded when he pointed that out, and offered to walk alongside him. Noelle practically signed to Dee that she would be walking to her class with Niko. The classes literally blurred past the rest of the day. In Creative Writing they were finally allowed to write a two-page story, using a prose of the teacher's choosing, and in Home Ec, they were making a new dessert.

But, Noelle, who usually enjoyed the challenge of a new dessert, was severely distracted by the mistreatment of Niko the whole class. The teacher wasn't being diabolical, just flat out harsh and rude. And it annoyed her, she hadn't exactly aced the creme brûlée either, other kids failed too. So why was Niko any different? She had her fists clenched, when she saw Niko going back to his seat. When the bell rang for classes, Noelle headed after Niko to make sure he was okay, practically pushing past the teacher who wanted to talk with her in the process.

She started to walk after Niko and saw him heading out the Academy Hall towards the Dormitories. "Niko! Hey, Niko wait up!" She sped up to a sprint then slowed down when she was beside them. "Niko, are you okay?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Niko got all the way outside before feeling like he was being followed. Almost the instant he turned around, he heard Noelle's voice requesting something from him. He watched her run over in silence, his expression brightening slightly, then he asked, "Yes, Noelle?" as he stood there, moderately confused. "So she is 'checking up' on me again...." he thought, a forced smile over his face. After she reinforced his assumption, he nodded, then started to say, "Of course, just going to stu-" but he was interrupted by the sound of footsteps running towards him from behind.

A rather scrawny boy shouted, "Excuse me! I'm late! Ahh!" as he ran by, nicking Niko's elbow with his backpack. Niko winced and grabbed his arm, then clenched his teeth to disrupt the feeling of pain. "I shouldn't be walking around like this," Niko thought, coughing into his hand in an attempt to transition back to his forced smile, still holding his elbow. "As I was saying, I was about to go study English for that quiz we have tomorrow..." He then looked over at his arm, partly to interrupt the awkward situation in which he was staring into her eyes again, and partially to ensure that the gauze wasn't leaking blood yet. He continued staring at his arm for a few seconds before looking back up at Noelle.

He was holding his arm liked he'd been shot. Noelle tilted her head, she wanted to say more..... "Oh, do you want to study with me, then?" It seemed like a brilliant idea. It was nothing more than hanging out. And she'd be able to make sure he didn't disappear like before. Those are the parts of friendship that she had learned: Kindness and Helpful Persistence. "Then we'd be able to study twice as fast, and umm.......real world examples....or maybe, I mean.... Then we could quiz each other to see if we have the concepts down!"

Noelle watched the way he was holding his arm, his elbow had been nicked, nothing more. She still wanted to be his friend, and this is what friends do. They bother you until you let them in.

At the girl's suggestion, Niko nodded, looking down at the ground. "Sure, we can study together. Where do you want to go?" he asked, his smile slightly more genuine, but still noticeably hiding depressed and nervous eyes. He thought for a few seconds, then continued, "My room is mostly empty, but we'd have to sit on the floor..." He gestured to the boy's dorm building with the arm he was previously holding, returning his other arm to his side, and looked over briefly after mentioning it.

He then quickly covered his mouth and coughed again. "Something's going to go wrong, I can just feel it..." he thought, biting his lip as he looked over at the girl once more. He kept his eyes focused on her, even though he felt as if he should look around for something.

"Oh, well.....I don't exactly need luxuries to study.... But for studying, let's just go to my room." she offered, pointing to the Girl's Dorms, which were some ways across from the Boys'. She began to lead the way, "We can study in there, and I have snacks and drinks that I've managed to store up. She began to lead the way back to her own dorm, constantly looking back to make sure that Niko was actually following. "Do you have anything you need to get or put away before we begin?"

'This will be great, I can study, and not have to worry that he's gone and ended up in the middle of a drug war.....Odd, that I thought of that example, but I digress. Now we can get to be friends!!' Her smile was wide as she led the trek to her dorm.

Niko nodded in response to Noelle's offer, his smile fading. "That sounds like a better idea," he commented, still slightly unsure. He had heard something about guys not being allowed in girls' dorms after certain hours, or some other condition, so he determined that he'd have to keep an eye on his watch. He noticed that she continuously looked behind herself to make sure that he was following, but he was struggling to keep up with her as he limped along. Each step sent a shock down his legs, and with his backpack rubbing against his back and his shoulders, he was feeling even more miserable than he felt that morning.

He hid this misery under the same fake smile as he continued, convincing himself that studying with the girl was a good idea. Niko was almost surprised when the girl started talking again, as if returning to his previous, more feral instincts, but he quickly focused on her words and, after a brief pause, he commented, "I only have English and Creative Writing, so I don't need to drop anything off." He then continued following her over to the girl's dorm building, mustering the strength to catch up and walk almost beside her. A few people saw them walking by and started watching them briefly before continuing on their way, as if searching for something to talk about. A girl even whispered a few things to her friend as they walked up to the building, staring right at Noelle, then giggling and blushing.

Needless to say, Niko barely noticed the people, too focused on concealing his pain. He rushed forwards as they approached the door, nearly tripping, but wasn't able to open the door. He tried using his I.D. on the lock, but it didn't work. Thoroughly embarrassed by his attempt at being courteous, Niko stepped back to let Noelle handle the door, feeling even worse than before.

"Umm....Don't worry about the doors, they only seem to work for girls and get jammed a lot. Heck, I was surprised when the boys door opened so easily." She tried to cheer him up, opening the door into the Girls Dorms. She sighed, walking over to the wall were mail was put, upon seeing that she had gotten nothing she motioned for Niko to follow her on ahead. When they arrived into her dorm, she opened the door with slight pause, trying to remember if her room looked okay enough for people to enter. Luckily, her room was as pristine and as clean as it had been when she'd first left.

"Place your stuff everywhere-...I mean, place your stuff anywhere. Welcome to my home, Niko." She pointed to the rotary chair, "You can sit there if you want, or on the bed, or on the floor." Then walking over to her little mini-fridge, she took out some cookies, chips and two sodas. "Here we go. Brain food." She brought the snacks over to her desk and placed them down. The room was relatively small, and everything was centered around the writing desk. "Now we can get started." She giggled, offering him a soda.

Niko nodded as she spoke, recognizing the reason boys weren't allowed in the girls dorm after a certain time. "Because everyone would need to be in their own..." he paused in his thought, eyeing Noelle suspiciously as he remembered what she said. He didn't know why she entered the boy's dorms, but he had a sneaking suspicion. He suppressed the thought as he watched Noelle, correctly assuming that she was checking on something.

Once they arrived at the door to Noelle's room, Niko briefly flashed his eyes over to the dorm room number, hoping to remember it if he needed to. Then, he followed Noelle into her room, observing his surroundings shortly after. After a moment, Niko made his way over to the bed, assuming that it would be the most comfortable place to sit, and carefully climbed onto it, sitting down cautiously. He smiled happily as the girl brought him food, eagerly accepting it and placing it next to himself, on the foot of the bed.

Niko placed his backpack on the floor, propped up against the bed, and leaned over to pull out a notepad and a novel. "I suppose I just need to look for support for the in-class essay tomorrow...I missed a few classes..." he commented, opening the book about midway through to his bookmark.

----

About an hour after they started to study, Niko's headset turned itself on automatically and began to play a loud, classical tune. Niko jumped in fear, then cried "ARGH!" as he landed back down on the bed, clutching his thigh. He quickly turned the device off and apologized fervently to Noelle before continuing to search for quotes.

----

After another half hour, Niko started to speak more slowly, his thoughts more disconnected. Even his expression was less purposeful. "I-I'm feeling tired..." he commented, feeling his neck, "can I have a bit more sugar?" He would insist that he was fine, would Noelle ask if he was alright, and "proved" it by reciting the last quote they referenced word by word. He then started to chug a bit of soda, revealing a few gauze wraps on the base and nape of his neck as he tilted his head up to drink.

He then wrote down a page reference and declared, "I only need two more examples, this shouldn't take too long."

----

Exactly ten minutes later, Niko started to speak more slowly again, but shook his head and stood up in an attempt to awaken himself. He realized, too late, that his tiredness was due to anemia. "W-wha..." he commented, his vision blacking out. He managed to take two steps forwards, unknowingly in the direction of Noelle, then fell entirely unconscious, falling forwards limply.

Exactly 60 second later, Niko woke back up and rolled off of something, groaning as he did so. "N-Noelle? Wh-what happened?" he asked, his tone nervous as he opened his eyes, unable to see. His vision slowly returned, but he knew that getting up was not a good idea, so he frowned and steadily began to sit up, pausing once his torso was straight up to look around for the girl.

Throughout the beginning of their session, Noelle couldn't help but notice that Niko still seemed somewhat stiff while they were helping each other. Kind of like, he was scared to be there, or didn't know if he was allowed to be there. Granted the latter was obvious, boys were hardly allowed in the girls dormitory. She tried to focus more on the work than anything else, but he did manage to scare her quite a few times throughout their study session.

When his headphones went of, he jumped up real quickly, scaring Noelle into backing away a bit. She saw him wince a bit when he landed on the bed again. It made Noelle wonder exactly how badly he had managed to injure himself when he went missing. She tried to keep an upbeat attitude as they studied, but it would get hard when Niko would act like that, and just wave it away like nothing was wrong. She sighed, accepting his apology without delay, and continued on with their work.

When Niko began "powering down", so to say, that really started to worry her. She would look over as he drank his soda or ate some cookies to get his energy back. Waiting for him to relax again. But it would happen again, and she would be scared all the same. "Are you sure? We can stop if you're getting tired. The work's really stressing, I can understand-" but he would insist he was fine each time, and recite the last thing they had covered before continuing on with the work. Noelle hardly felt like stopping him, he seemed well enough, but if it got too bad, she would stop the study session then and there. Tell him to go home, regardless if he argued with her or not.

And it happened so often, Noelle was completely ready to make him leave before he passed out in her room and they both got in trouble. When another one of his "episodes" occurred, he began to get up, which Noelle knew was a terrible idea. He wasn't trying to eat this time either. "Niko, are you okay-" She couldn't finish her sentence before he crashed into her. Noelle felt her body pinned under Niko's weight. "Niko! Niko, are you okay?!" he wasn't moving, or responding, and it was beginning to scare her. She was stuck like that for a good while, until she could hear moving.

She had remained completely frozen, until he rolled off of her with a groan. She looked at him, hearing his voice asking her something. "You....you passed out, Niko. Are you okay?" She was beyond worried, he needed to go to the hospital. "We need to get you some help."

Niko stared at the girl as she spoke, but could only hear a ringing in his ears, and was barely able to make out her form. He looked down at his chest to see that a few spots were starting to wetten. "The gauze must have slipped and broke the scar tissue," he thought, steadily making his way up to his feet. "I need to use your bathroom for a minute," he murmured, his voice deceptively calm. He looked around and, after seeing a door which appeared to lead to a bathroom, he walked towards it, walking at a fairly steady pace. Once he got to the door, he opened it, then wiped the handle with his sleeve for a few seconds, hiding his hand in his pocket, and closed the door behind him as he entered the restroom. He was in too much of a hurry to lock it.

In the restroom, Niko took his jacket off, revealing a network of thin gauze bandages all across his arms, his shirt, a plain, gray tee, was almost entirely soaked in blood. Niko's eyes flew open in horror as he saw the state he was in, then he quickly, but gently, took his shirt off, ensuring that it wasn't sticking against his skin or dressing as he did so.

"This is worse than I thought," he commented, grimacing. His chest had many long, fairly deep slash marks, with some of the gauze having fallen out of place. Niko carefully pulled off the useless gauze, then flicked a small pocket knife out from his boot and cut the useless section off, keeping the more clean and well-wrapped gauze in place unhindered. The boy then took a cloth from an overhanging bar, wetted it after turning on the sink, and quickly cleaned most of the excess blood off of his chest, careful to avoid the elongated wounds.

At last, he found a first aid kit in a cabinet under the sink, and pulled it out. After quickly looking through, he pulled out two rolls of gauze and started re-wrapping his chest, being careful to make multiple passes over the wounds so that the gauze wouldn't slip again. He then started to look at the other sections of wrapping which he had done to see if he needed to apply any more dressing to those areas as well.

After around ten minutes of the sink turning on and off, Niko left the restroom and made his way over to his backpack. The bathroom was exactly how it was left, although one of the towels was wet and the waste bin was slightly more filled with blooded gauze. Niko's sweatshirt was also damp, having been washed and strained, and Niko appeared to be in a hurry. "I...I think I should be going. Thanks a lot for the help."

He slung his backpack onto his back in one swift motion, as if trying to hurry. He had to pause for a few seconds after doing so, staring blankly in front of himself, then he picked up his writing materials and started heading towards the door. "See you tomorrow," he said, trying to dismiss the entire situation with a quick, utterly fake smile.

Noelle was thoroughly confused, she had thought for a second that he had maybe hurt himself when he fell on her. She wanted to see if he was okay, but he locked himself in the bathroom. She was going to ask, but he simply said he would "see her tomorrow." Though it seemed invasive, Noelle got up and walked straight into the bathroom. It was her dorm, if he wanted to hide something, he would've hidden it better. What she saw was staggering.

There was just this large pile of bloody gauze. One fowl was thoroughly soaked with water, probably a poor attempt at cleaning it up .SHe wanted to scream for him to get back in here. She wanted to run after him and get him to a hospital. Why did he keep doing this? She wanted to help. Against her better judgement, considering it was so late at night, she ran to her door. Tearing it open, she ran out and down he hall as fast as she could, trying to catch a glimpse of Niko. "Niko!" she called out the open front doors. She cursed, it was cold as death out there. And he was badly wounded. She quickly retreated to her dorm momentarily. Gathering her coat and gloves. That boy needed to be in a hospital. Not staying around school with such severe wounds.

The image of the bathroom was permanently emblazoned in her mind. As much as he tried to cover it up, there were traces of blood everywhere. He was a downright bloody mess! He would die in the cold. The blood in the wastebasket, the blood smudges on the fowl and door. The sink, for god sakes! She had to reach Niko before he died. Shaking the image from her mind for now, she rushed out of the door, ignoring the looks some of the girls were giving her as she ran past. "Niko!!"

The injured boy barely managed to make it across the hall. Once he reached the staircase and looked down, he started to feel the effects of anemia returning. "I can't let that happen," he thought, shaking his head as he quickly shambled down the stairs, holding onto the railing for dear life. Once he got to the bottom, he quickly made his way through the doorway to the lobby of the girl's dorm. A few people gave him odd looks as he walked by, breathing heavily as he went. He even rushed through the doors to the dorm building, instantly regretting his decision. "This is much, much colder than I expected," he thought, steeling himself as he walked out of the room. A heavy gust blew by, stripping the warmth right out from under his sweater, but he continued on, attempting to ignore the chill.

He heard a girl call his name from behind. "I'm glad I rushed," he thought, frowning as he looked back. He only managed to notice a girl rushing back into the building, and supposed that it was Noelle based on the voice. "I have to get back to my dorm before falling again," he commented, placing his hands in his pockets.

He managed to get halfway back to the dorms before the cold started to take an effect on him. Due to anemia, his previous exertion was taking a greater toll on him - he was still breathing heavily. Additionally, he randomly started to violently shiver, despite feeling very warm. "I'll need to get a.....somehow," he thought, picturing a bag of clear liquid in his head, as if remembering a powerful memory.

The boy was right in front of the doom building when he heard footsteps rushing up behind him. "If I can at least get inside," he thought, starting to walk a bit faster. His entire body resisted the notion of moving quickly, but he managed to make it to the door before the footsteps could reach him. He fumbled with his student I.D., too focused to make out the voice behind him, and quickly opened the door. He didn't bother pulling it closed behind him, and instead hobbled towards the elevator, keeping his student I.D. in hand. A few guys spoke out to him and his follower, but Niko didn't bother responding to them as he called the elevator.

After the elevator door opened, he walked inside and pressed the button to go up to the 4th floor. Once the elevator arrived at the correct floor, Niko walked out, made his way down the hall to his room, and opened the door. Once he was inside, he locked the door behind him and immediately crawled into his bed to warm up, shivering violently. Within seconds, he fell asleep, his ears ringing too loud for him to hear the knocking at his door.

-The Next Day-

Niko did not show up for school on the 22nd of December. All of the teachers marked him as absent, mumbling something about his father calling him in sick after visiting with him that morning. Students from around school declared that they hadn't seen him all day, but a few people reported seeing him hobbling away from the girls dorm and saw a girl run after him, suggesting that the girl murdered him and the school just didn't know yet. This rumor wasn't very highly regarded, as the students preferred the rumor that Niko ran off into town after curfew hours.

Niko was quite annoyed at a few of the boys in his dorm who knocked at his door. He didn't bother responding, instead he activated the noise-cancelling function on his headset for a certain length of time until they went away. He slept a great deal, and ate a ton of snacks, but still felt hungry, seeing as he preferred the gigantic portions he scavenged from the cafeteria. He was annoyed that he couldn't shower or move quickly, but he was happy that he was no longer direly anemic and could move around safely.

Noelle was hot on Niko's trail. Though the cold nipped at her harshly, and the wind was blowing crazily that night, she stayed on his trail, though in Relative silence. She saw him practically trudging along to the Boys' dorms. She almost ran after him, but she figured he would try to run away, hurting himself further. She stayed a while behind him, keeping an eye on him so if he fell, she could easily help him to his room. Or to a hospital, really the latter was good, but at the moment, she wouldn't be picky. When Niko reached the Boys' dorm, he was most probably out of it.

Noelle jumped when he missed his key card mark the first time, ready to lend him a hand. "Niko, I know you don't want any hassle, "she started as he tried to get into the door, " but you need to go to a hospital. You're bleeding badly......" he ignored her, or didn't hear her, and managed to open the door inside. She followed him with a grim look on her face, practically apologizing for everyone around them. She looked back to Niko, who seemed more focused on the elevator doors than the world around him. "Niko, why didn't you tell anyone you were hurt?" she practically whispered it, not wanting anyone else to hear it, and as more of a question for herself to hear anyways. When he got into the elevator, she hesitated, contemplating following him to his room, but deciding against it.

She sat outside the elevator, slumped over near the door, "He needs to get to a hospital.......He'll hate me for taking him......But he needs help....." she battled with her thoughts for a moment longer before jumping up and going into the elevator. Thankfully, he hadn't passed out inside, and was most likely on his room's floor. She pressed the floor number from memory and made her way to where she remembered his room being. The door was closed, locked and he was most likely inside. "Niko.....Niko, if you can hear me....Y-you need to get to the hospital. You're hurt, it'll get worst if you don't get help......" She turned from the door, calling out as she left, "Please at least think about it, okay?" she tried her best to not cry as she began to leave. The blood that she had seen truly scared her, she wanted to make sure he was okay, but it seemed like he wasn't.

Tearing up slightly, she left the dorm. There was nothing else she could do about it, but hope and pray that when she woke up tomorrow, everything would be okay. She trudged through the snow and back to her dorm. When she got back to her dorm, the bathroom door was still wide open. Fear in her eyes, she shut it quickly and as hard as she could. She didn't want to see that. Not when she was hoping that Niko would be alright in the morning.

It took her an hour more than usual to try and fall asleep, and her dreams were obviously not the best. Worried for Niko had caused nightmares of course. And when she woke up in the morning, she had to check and see if it was real. There were no bandages, no trash that signified anyone but herself had even been there in the past three days. She tilted her head sideways, curious about her odd dreams. "Maybe....I should go easy with the sweets before bed?"

Noelle sighed, getting her stuff for school in order before leaving out that morning for class. When she arrived in English that morning, she was surprised that Niko wasn't going to be coming. "Project: Befriend Niko will have to wait I guess....." she mused over it, letting the thought drive her for a while before placing the thought away some where. "There was no way he was that badly hurt. No one could live past that!" she decided that the entire nightmare was nothing more than a sugar-induced nightmare. And that Niko was just stalling from school today because he was sore.....and he didn't really seem to like school that much anyway.

Noelle only brought up the topic of Niko at lunch with her friends, and in Home Ec. Dee had said that Niko might have been wandering around the park, like the time Noelle had seen him earlier. That sounded pretty plausible, so Noelle let her nerves ease for a bit. She still decided to get Niko's homework from the last two classes, and their earlier classes for the day. He would be back and slightly awkward tomorrow............There was no way someone was hurt that badly and lived.

Status
Not open for further replies.