The Disappearance

Status
Not open for further replies.
7:45
Florence heard the scraping of the door and quickly softened her breaths so they were almost silent. She heard a scuffle of a single pair of shoes and then the slamming of the cubicle door next to hers. The sound shuddered the room.Florence listened to the human in the other stall. The slight whisper of the floor as Soemone sat down, the drips of tears falling onto a dirty floor. And lastly the violent crazed whispering of self hatred "It'syour fault Illinois. They're scared of you, you're scared of them, a never ending cycle." the voice was ripping with hatred but it seemed directed to herself. Illinois had only vaguely been part of Florence's life. In the fact that they had seen eachother when passing through the hallway when Florence was going to the councillor . Appointments in which Florence would crawl into the fetal position and stay silent.
7:50
Two other people had entered the bathroom and Florence was shivering in a corner as they tried to coax Illinois from her stall. She knew both girls from a distance Eve and Madelyn. They were both normal enough from a distance and not male. But that still made her gag anyone was a threat. This was confirmed as her back started to sting once again from her mothers lashes. Florence was just wiping some crust out of her eye when she heard the voice
"Is there someone else in here," Madelyns voice danced around Florence's mind as she kept back a scream
Then a knock sounded on her stall door and a hoarse cracked voice tinted with kindness sounded softly through her door. Don't trust anyone was shoved out of her mind.

Florence lifted her frail child like body out of the corner where she was residing and crept towards the door. Her skeletal fingers cradled the handle before she twisted it and the door slowly swung open. Standing in the bathroom was an assortment of girls
Illinois stood in front of the door clad in an assortment of black and grey her eyes puffy and her lips chapped, the other girls looked better wearing more bright clothes and the only disfigured in there appearance was there disheveled hair.Soon a boy poked his head in making Florence sprint into the the wall at the back of the bathroom as the boy spoke she shivered and narrowed her eyes "Please just go away your gender disgusts me,"
Florence shook and stuffed her hands in her back pack as she stuffed around for a jumper but her father had made sure to empty all her decent clothes from her bag

Illinois
Tuesday, 7:52 AM Illinois turned to face the male who had poked his head in, her hair falling back over her right eye.

"H-hey, uh, are you, um, okay? I saw what h-happened."

Illinois tilted her head slightly to look at him more clearly, her cracked lips pursed slightly as she thought. The boy looked a bit damaged just as she did, and she had only vaguely met him. They'd bumped into each other in the hallway in the beginning of the year, and Illinois had fallen pretty hard. But before the male could say anything else, she had gotten up and ran out of the building and into the small forest. "It happens every day, so why be upset over it?" Her voice was hoarse, and held a deep sadness in it. She returned her gaze to the girl in the stall. She was rather skinny, perhaps more so then Illinois, and that was pretty hard to beat. "Perhaps the struggles you face today will award you in the future." Was all she said, with a simple nod. Illinois was always one to say confusing quotes, or confusing things in general. Illinois had only vague moments with Florence, from merely seeing each other in the hallway, but she couldn't help but feel they held a similar connection between them.

Keith's eyes frantically surveyed all the girls in the bathroom. The first one, Illinois was her name, was obviously going through a lot. In fact, all four of them looked like they went through Hell on a daily basis, but none more so than the little girl in the stall. Keith slowly entered the bathroom and walked over to the girls, everything about him looking absolutely terrified. His entire body was screaming You shouldn't be here! As he approached Illinois, his broken gaze fell on her cracked, bloody lips.
Suddenly, Keith gasped and jumped back, his swollen eyes filled with terror and sorrow. He stared at Illinois' lips as he involuntarily started having memories. Scenes of his father raping and killing his mother flashed in his mind.
Keith screamed a blood curdling scream and throw himself into the corner of the room, curling into a ball and hysterically crying. "Daddy, no! Dont hurt mommy! No stop!"

Evelyn
Tuesday, 7:53am

A hushed curse escaped Eve's lips as the boy entered. Something was going to happen, she could tell. But this day had been a dramatic one, so she was prepared, or at least slightly. She noticed the girl, who's name she believed to be Florence, shiver, so she pulled off her Pokémon jumper and placed it on the sink. Silently, she nodded to the girl as if to say, Take it. Then the boy started screaming and she whipped round, immediately kneeling in front of him. "Hey, hey, shh, you're okay," she whispered, casting a glance at Illinois. "You wanna try calming him?" she asked, in a hushed voice. Illinois probably had a better shot than she did.

Illinois
Tuesday, 7:54 AM Illinois winced at the boy's sudden screaming, whipping around to face him once more, her hands clenched unintentionally. He had curled up into the corner of the room, and was screaming and pleading someone to not hurt his mother. What had happened to him? Illinois slowly crept forward, examining his facial expression, oh how she loved them, and looked into his eyes as if sifting through every memory he held. The boy's eyes were broken, and she softly sat down in front of him. Then it clicked. Illinois gave him a reassuring look, and quickly dabbed away at the blood on her cracked lips. Once she had cleaned it up, she gave him a slight smile, only the corners of her lips turning up. Then, she tried something risky. She gingerly extended her hand out towards him, very slowly moving it to touch the boy's arm. "These pains may be troubling, but all you need to do is let them go." Her voice was very soft, an almost inaudible whisper.

Keith wasnt in a good position to be calmed. The visions he was involuntarily seeing were clouding his sight. On top of this, his eyes were filled with tears and his body was going through a panic attack. The boy flinched back at the sight of Evelyn and Illinois. "St-stop stabbing her Daddy!" He sobbedas he his cloudy blue eyes stared directly at Evelyn. Thescreams of his mother echoed through his head. "Siera, why d- did Daddy kill Mommy?"

Madelyn
Tuesday, 7:55

Madelyn watched as Illinois pushed open the stall doors and revealed another girl. She was skinny, practically ethereal, and Madelyn wondered how she was even standing: she looked very weak. Madelyn was distracted from her thoughts as another voice called out. This voice was unfamiliar and masculine and Madelyn looked at the restroom door in confusion when a boy stuck his head in. He slipped completely inside and then collapsed in the floor, screaming like someone was killing him. The boy was in tears now and Eve had rushed over, trying to comfort him. After a few unsuccessful attempts, she looked back at Illinois and asked for her help.

Tuesday, 7:59

The skinny girl was still standing in the bathroom but now she was pressed against the wall as she glared at the boy. Madelyn still didn't know either of their names and she couldn't place their faces. Surely she'd seen them at school before but nothing was sticking in her mind. Sometimes she really was too oblivious to her surroundings. As she sat there uselessly, Madelyn remembered she had seen the girl before. Her name was...Florence, maybe? Yes, Florence, the girl who was constantly harassed by every scum-bag member of the male species at the school.

Madelyn offered the girl a smile as the boy, who she was sure she didn't recognize, still wailed in the floor. Madelyn didn't pay him any attention since Eve and Illinois were looking after him. Instead, Madelyn turned her attention to Florence. "Here," Madelyn said, picking up Eve's hoodie to hand it to the other girl who was still pressed against the tiled wall. "I think I have some black yoga pants in my locker if you want those...They'll probably be too big but you can roll them to fit." Madelyn glanced at Florence, feeling bad for the girl as she offered another small smile.​

Tuesday, 7:53am
The boy ha entered the bathroom much to Floremces horror. Florence had cowered in her corner for just a moment before the screams started. They ripped round the room tearing at her ears and sanity. As the boy begged for someone his father to stop hurting another Florence had to stop herself from screaming herself. This 15 year old boy was yelling and screaming about his father raping and murdering his mother. How would he cope if his father abused and raped him and his darling mother beat her. So as the screams erupted from his mouth she instead focused on the other girl who wasn't helping the boy.
Tuesday, 7:59 am
The girl had striking red hair that stood out on her pale face. Where Florence had hollow bones beneath her eyes the girls eyes had bags underneath them presumably from a lack of sleep. The girl who Florence had seen from afar for a few years was Madelyn a ind but secluded individual who seemed to quite but really was a bold individual. The girl offered her the jacket that Evelyn had taken off. Flore rose once again from her corner her eyes flitting around and she moved her frail body to the front of the stall like a scared animal she clutched the jacket. She looked into Madelyns eyes and spoke slowly her first words that weren't laced with hate for the day "Thank You I'm Florence.sorry for the inconvenience I was being a bit of an idiot and forgot to dress properly, I was basically asking for it" she lied quickly her memory reeling it's ugly head as the image of her father came into mind. He traced her body groping her as he slowly dressed her. He had slipped on the underwear slowly before the shorts and then spent a good thirty minutes on her upper chest before clothing it. She wrapped the jacket around her as she spoke. The jacket was Actully quite small but for Florence it was massive and you could have fit at least two of her inside if it. "I would love to try on the pants but you no my fat waist might make them to small,"
@Avalon

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point the visions had stopped and Ethan was no longer screaming. He frantically looked around, his eyes swollen red and stained with fresh tears. Then a realization hit him. I just completely lost in front of strangers! The boy frantically stood up, swaying a little bit. "Im sorry! Blood freaks me out! Please dont tell anybody!" Ethan sprinted out the door.

Madelyn

Tuesday, 8:01

Madelyn looked at the girl, frowning. No way did she just refer to her waist as being fat. "You're not fat," Madelyn assure, offering a small smile to the other girl. "Don't listen to people when they say that; you couldn't get any skinnier. Wait here and I'll go get those pants," Madelyn said as she headed for the door.

Tuesday, 8:05

Madelyn's locker was on the other side of the school so she tried to walk as fast as she could to make the trip quicker. After a long walk though the still crowed hallway, she reached the locker and opened it easily. The pants she was retrieving sat on her shelf, folded neatly. She lifted them, closed the locker with a bang, and then headed back to the bathroom.

Tuesday, 8:08

Madelyn opened the bathroom door and held up the pants with another sheepish smile. "Sorry it took so long; my locker's on the other side of the school," Madelyn murmured, handing Florence the yoga pants. "We should really hurry to our first classes....we're probably going to get in trouble for being late if we don't."

Evelyn
Tuesday, 8:09am

Eve had stood up and stepped back as she let Illinois attempt to comfort the boy. However, he had just screamed more. When he'd slightly calmed down, he looked directly at her and asked why his father had killed his mother. If her heart hadn't broken in sorrow already, it was shredded now. Sure, she knew people's lives were hard, but nobody deserved to be treated like this. She looked at the floor, at her shoes, and recounted all the day's events. She heard the boy, who's name she didn't know, say something and run off. Evelyn quickly glanced at Madelyn as she returned. "I'm always in trouble," she laughed, half joking, half serious. Her voice was slightly cracked, but she ignored it, squeezing her eyelids shut for a millisecond, because she thought she saw her mother behind her eyes. But alas, she had not, and as quick as a flash she brought herself back to reality.

Illinois
Tuesday, 8:10 AM She was confused as to why the boy had run out, screaming his apologies in such a shaken state. That expression on his face was stuck in her mind, a look of pure terror and astonishment. How fascinating. Illinois turned towards the other girls and gave them a somewhat of a smile, only the corners of her cracked lips turning upward. "I'll be on my way. Classes are starting soon. Teacher will be mad." She said 'teacher' as if it was her homeroom teacher's name, instead of Mrs. Daniel. She gave a glance at Florence, her eyes fluttering down to the girl's shaky and tiny knees. "Please do not kill oneself away with your own self hatred." She spoke softly, directed to the girl before turning towards the bathroom door and swinging it open. The name calling started up again as she made her way down the hall, though they quickly stopped when she casted them a shadowy gaze.

"Dude, she's totally a ghost."

"Oh my god, who does she think she is?"

"Ew, she smells like death."

"I bet she's killed at least 3 people alone with that creepy stare of hers."

"Here comes the Grudge!"

Keith appeared almost out of nowhere and grabbed Illinois' arm. "Dont listen to th-them. They d-dont understand." He listened to the other kid's jeers.

"Oh look! Its the crybaby goth!"

"Why dont you go cry to your mommy!? Oh waut! She's dead!"

"F***ing gay fag!"

Keith curled his lip slightly, tears threatening to burst, but he held it back. Soon, his sorrow turned to anger. His voice was suddenly filled with confidence and power as he yelled. "You guys have absolutely no right to judge me or anyone else! You arent the ones who watched your father rape your mother every god damn night until one night, he decided to kill her while he forced you to watch! You arent the ones who watched as the life drained from your mother's eyes as the bl-blood drained from her neck like a hole in a swimming pool. You arent the ones who are constantly haunted by the images of your past and replay it over and over in your head, whether you want to or not! And Illinois luves through hell everday! She goes through things you couldnt even imagine, because you're too stupid and-"

His next words were interupted as a fist connected with his nose, the force of the blowing causing him to fall to the ground.

Evelyn
Tuesday, 8:11am

Eve offered Illinois a lopsided smile, before she opened her mouth to say something, but closed it as Illinois left. She sighed, running a hand through her disheveled hair and turned to Madelyn and Florence. "Can I walk with you two? I mean, you can say no, that'd be fine with me, I know I'm not really the most popular person in school and I get into fights a lot with a lot of different people but- I'm babbling, aren't I?" She gave a weak chuckle at the end of her sentence, shaking her head at herself. She scratched the back of her neck, pretty sure the girls would say no, as it was true about the fights. Just yesterday she'd knocked a guy out cold because he'd said something that had annoyed her. She wasn't sure what. But she did know that she'd spent half an hour in the infirmary to get her knuckles checked and half an hour being chided in the Principal's office.

(( On Mobile ))

Illinois
Illinois tensed a bit as her arm was grabbed, but relaxed a bit when she saw it was him. "Their words do not matter. They're filled with black tar, just like their hearts." She whispered, then bit her tongue as students then proceeded to talk about him. She was just about to pull him away from it, when he opened his mouth and angry words spilled out. Illinois let her arm drop to her side, her dull eyes wide as he yelled, the students backing up slightly. Whispers broke out and Illinois could feel tears building up. She began to pull him away when all of a sudden he jerked to the side, and fell with a thud. The one to throw the punch was some jock on the football team. Illinois stared in horror as Ethan laid on the ground, his nose gushing. She clenched her fists. "All of you are heartless animals! No good idiots! Blinded by your own self infatuation and self absorbed thoughts! You are all no good, soulless Philistines with absolute no worth on this god forsaken earth!" She yelled, her voice echoing throw the hall as every student stared in silent shock. "Come on, Ethan.." Her voice went back to a delicate whisper, as she offered a hand to help him stand up. @Eldanon1

Ethan clench his left hand over his throbbing nose, the pain making his vision white. When sight returned to him, he looked up to see Illinois holding out her hand to him. He hesitantly took it and used her arm to pull himself up. "My hand feels wet... I dont want to look!" His eyes clenched shut as he moved his now bloody hand away from his gushing nose. "I need to clean this up..." Ethan didn't sound to thrilled about the idea.

(So I just realized I accidently changed his name lol. I think its going to stay Ethan XD)

Ethan looked over at Illinois. "Can you please help me clean the bl-blood up? I d-dont want to see my past again?" He looked about ready to faint as he spoke.

(Please respond. I dont want this thread to die.)

Madelyn
Tuesday, 8:18

Madelyn was about to step out of the bathroom when she heard Evelyn call out to her. The red-headed girl turned around with a small smile and gave a reassuring nod. "That'd be great," she said softly, motioning with a hand for she and Florence to follow her out into the hall. She had just stepped out of the restroom when she heard the shouting from down the hall. A crowd of kids had gathered and Madelyn approached cautiously, more confused than interested. It wasn't until she spotted Illinois and the boy who'd barged into the bathroom that she was even interested in whatever stupid drama was happening.

Tuesday, 8:20

She was going to intervene, try and stop the fight, but she couldn't move. Madelyn stood frozen to her spot as the football player punched the other boy in the face. His blood stained the floor and Illinois was yelling.....everyone was silent except for Illinois and the girl's voice echoed throughout the corridor. Madelyn took a step backwards away from the harsh noise, bumping into the bright blue lockers that lined the hallway. She wanted to cover her ears at the shouting; she heard enough inside her own head and the raised voices just served to bring up painful memories. After another moment of slight panic, Madelyn spotted an escape through the crowd and she took off, not even remembering she was supposed to be waiting on Evelyn and Florence.​

(( So so so sorry. I've been super busy with these practices after school till 6, and ugh. Just 2 more days to bear and I'll be back to posting regularly. ))

Illinois
Tuesday, 8:22 AM Illinois helped him up with a soft grunt, she was never really strong, and nodded at his request. The students all seemed to be shocked to silence at her sudden outburst, not used to her making any loud noise, or even medium sounds. It was all very strange. Illinois dragged the male with her down a hall, trying her best to remain calm and to not let tears fall down her cheeks. But she couldn't help it, the salty liquid pouring down her pearly skin as she hitched her breath to keep from crying out. She turned quickly into a girls bathroom, first checking if it were empty, and shut the door as she propped a trash can onto the handle to keep anyone from entering. Illinois grabbed a paper towel from the dispenser and got it wet with the water from the sink, and softly took his hand. "Close your eyes now if you don't want to see.." Was all she said before removing his hand from his gushing nose, softly dabbing at the wound. The paper towel was soon dirtied with the crimson liquid, so she deposited of it and grabbed a new one, continuing to dab away the blood. Tears still silently fell down her cheeks, her breathing shaky as well as her hand. "I'm sorry I dragged you into all of this. And all of those nice girls too. They don't deserve to be drug into my shit hole of a life. They don't deserve to have to chase after me when I break down. I'm really just a pest on this world. A twisted and terrible pest." @Eldanon1

Ethan let the girl pull him along to the bathroom. He noticed the glistening tears slide down her face, staining her pale cheeks. As she blocked off the door with the trashcan and wet the paper towel, he too was on the verge if tears. The kid closed his eyes as he felt the girl remove his hand from his nose. As she dabbed away at his throbbing nose, Ethan listened to the horrible lies that fell from her mouth. "It's n-not like that at all. The only ones that can appreciate the horrors of someone's hell are those who are living through hell as well. I have n-no regrets." His voice was shaky as he spoke to her. A slight blush crawled across his face as more words poored out uneasily. "And you are n-not a pest. You're eyes are t-too pretty for you to be a pest."

Status
Not open for further replies.