The Dirt Whispered (Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Weracious

Original poster
z7f6pVF.gif

OOC

I've thought about making an interest check for a number of different RPs for over a year, but never gotten around to it. Anyway, I'm putting this before the intro because this is definitely intended as a slice of life RP with a female cast, even if the cyberpunk elements are strong.

(Female characters will be strongly favoured, including transgender females. Competent, grammatically correct writing is also something I value highly.)

I'd love a co-GM, if we could get along. PM me if interested in that.​

I might include random predetermined relationships between characters and personal side stories.

Some inspirations:
Read Only Memories
VA-11 Hall-A

1mYwq7M.jpg

"Echoes of songs still lurk on distant foreign shores,
Where we danced just to please the gods that only ask for more,
So it goes

But still we give ourselves to this
We can't spend our lives waiting to live"

Intro

The neon future screams punk lyrics at the top of its lungs, as the inhabitants of New Xirie tries to ignore it as well as they can. Life may be a depressing struggle for the majority, but when was it not? Technology has come a long way, yet the corporations are more interested in plastering neon adverts across skyscrapers in the pursuit of the quickest and greatest profit than bettering humanity.

Immortality is a week away for billionaries. Cybernetics can be aquired on the cheap if one is willing to shrug off the hazardous side effects. Holograms are everywhere and used for practically anything. Personal V.I.s are becoming increasingly common.

In the end, it doesn't matter much. It's just part of reality.​

Dreams matter.

They matter a great deal to certain people. They make the trudge through the cyberpunk wet dreams of the corporations bearable.​

In the hopes of strengthening their own chances, a society is formed at the nightclub Dirt. The society aspires to capture the dreams of each of its members -- no matter the cost. Those who join better be ready to give it all.

The leader enforces a blood oath.

Dirt
zsgpwKu.png

Dirt is a nightclub that caters mainly to a female clientele. It was never intended as a lesbian club, but due to Bait, a famous net personality, mentioning it as her favourite place it's attracted a lot of women who fancies other women.

Expensive holographic projectors paint the air of the club with vivid imagery and symbols, while techno music is blasted so loudly that it rattles the walls. The two bleed together, creating holograms which pulsate to the beat.

The owners and personell are welcoming to newcomers, and they hail Bait as the source of their success. Bait is more modest than that, enjoying the atmosphere she's created in a club she already loved.

Virus of Society
jXREI8G.jpg

Nobody knows who Virus is. Nobody had seen Virus before she showed up at Dirt and began her tentative attempts at socializing. Everyone assumes she's recently moved to New Xirie.

Virus is the leader of the newly created society. She's the hardass that no one dares to cross, not because they have proof that she will do them harm, but because she's got an aura that tells them she will.

Virus rarely shows a lot of emotion, but she fought hard to convince a number of the girls at Dirt to form a society in the pursuit of their dreams. Whatever her motivation, she's willing to die for it, even if she's unwilling to talk about it.

"A destination, a fading smile.
Another station, another mile.
Another day gone, I swore that I will.
Be there before dawn.
So be there, I will."

Bait and Net
oHZ2wt7.jpg

Bait is one of many individuals who make their living by turning to the vast net, where fortunes can be discovered by hacking or becoming a freelancer. However, the majority are only interested in the entertainment aspects. They play games, go to concerts, and socialize with friends across the world in person. The only real limit in virtual reality is the imagination, and whatever rules corporations enforce on their sections, but don't mind those tidbits!

Besides, there are those with knowledge who carve out secret areas to hide and consort.

Bait is a net celebrity with thousands upon thousands of followers. She may seem like an airhead, but it's the persona for a woman who knows how to use her appearance to get what she wants. She can be cold and calculating if she needs to be. She is an entrepreneur after all.​

"On cold nights, in a prayer for dawn, but the daylight isn't what she wants."

New Xirie

Z9FHWwV.jpg

New Xirie was advertised as 'the city of tomorrow today' many decades ago, but now the future has come and gone. The city has failed to keep up with the outside world. It's descending into corruption and anarchy.

It's unclear what side will win out in the end, and there are politicians, businessmen, and civilians on both sides. They're drawing their own lines in the sand, as the madmen in the streets claim the end is coming.

It's a large city with ten millions inhabitants, huddling close together, almost living on top of each other. The city is already occupying half a small country, and while the corporations try to enforce expansion of the city borders by building their own apartments blocks, they are running out of space. There's an ocean, mountains, and other countries which will be difficult or costly to expand into. Certain rundown areas of the city are in desperate need of attention from the government, or anyone, while others are the peak of luxury.

Corporations

There are more corporations in the city than anyone knows, as many stay under the radar, focusing on illegal activities. There are few real gangs. The biggest ones have upgraded themselves to businesses.

A dozen large corporations fight for dominance over New Xirie. They employ ruthless warriors and hackers to destroy their competitors, and sometimes these battles pour out into the streets, harming civilians.

Inspire Inc. is the largest of them all, focusing on weapons and entertainment as their main source of income. It's not that big of a leap between the two when you've got the means to do as you wish.

Last edited by a moderator:
No one?

I'm not sure if anyone's played Read Only Memories, but I love it, and I imagine it will be a bit like that, but also a bit like VA-11 Hall-A. I'm not particularly fond of anime RPs admittedly, so maybe it would work better somewhere else. The characters' dreams can be anything, though they would be best if they're difficult to accomplish in the setting. Discussion/suggestions are welcome. (I'm not really interested in GMing anything else than a yuri RP though.)

Admit, I've got some interest... but I'm ridiculously slow RPer and I don't know if I'd be great for this, depending on your pace and member-base. Also, given cyberpunk can... go a number of different ways... what sorta way are you running with this? admittedly, what comes to mind for me here are things like deus ex or shadowrun without the fantasy elements... but its a remarkably niche genre and peoples' ideas of it can be quite... varied. o.o

Admit, I've got some interest... but I'm ridiculously slow RPer and I don't know if I'd be great for this, depending on your pace and member-base. Also, given cyberpunk can... go a number of different ways... what sorta way are you running with this? admittedly, what comes to mind for me here are things like deus ex or shadowrun without the fantasy elements... but its a remarkably niche genre and peoples' ideas of it can be quite... varied. o.o

I tend to be rather fast when it comes to posting, admittedly, but I'm fine with people who post once a week. I love Deus Ex and Shadowrun, so that'd probably be pretty similar. I wouldn't put a huge focus on accurate technology or understanding though. It's more about the style for me.

I tend to be rather fast when it comes to posting, admittedly, but I'm fine with people who post once a week. I love Deus Ex and Shadowrun, so that'd probably be pretty similar. I wouldn't put a huge focus on accurate technology or understanding though. It's more about the style for me.
*nods* I wouldn't want to get your hopes up and let you down, but if you wanna try something, I can throw my hat in the ring.

I guess, I'll throw my hat into this. But I have to say, sounds like the RP itself relies on interesting character interactions. So yeah, let's try something here.

I guess, I'll throw my hat into this. But I have to say, sounds like the RP itself relies on interesting character interactions. So yeah, let's try something here.

Thank you. Yes, it does, but there will be an overarching plot, and mini plots.

Anyway, I've expanded on the intro post quite a bit.

I like this concept, you can count me in~

Hey~hey^^!!

Tentative interest cuz like most Yuri RPs I'm in quickly end up becoming a "who~sleeps~with~who" drama fest and I honestly hate it now. But like if I can a play aromantic or android as an option then the Boo Girlie is down with this RP. Let me know k? ;D

Hey~hey^^!!

Tentative interest cuz like most Yuri RPs I'm in quickly end up becoming a "who~sleeps~with~who" drama fest and I honestly hate it now. But like if I can a play aromantic or android as an option then the Boo Girlie is down with this RP. Let me know k? ;D

.... i might be wrong on this... and I don't want to be -that- person.... but I am pretty sure from not only the description in the OP, and what Yuri/Yaoi/etc pretty much always means, due to the meaning of the words.... that anything thag has "Yuri" as its tag and as a main focus/theme.... ultimately will have a large portiom relating to and revolving around the relationships and drama between women that are attracted to other women...

So, while there are other themes evident in this RP, I'm sure... and I'm pretty sure that OP would be able to open it up for and allow you to play what you want.... I have a very strong feeling that your expectations are vaaaastly different and you will be upset with the impending results and inevitably drop like I see you do at anything that you marginally do not like or find annoying or you just simply lose your muse in.

But as I said, I might be wrong. Could have completely misread what the OP meant and could be making an ass of myself for assuming so much. I will take my leave now, though. *tips hat* I wish those who do partake a great story.

I like this concept, you can count me in~

Thank you for your interest!

Hey~hey^^!!

You can play a character that's both, or whichever one you prefer. I prefer to GM an RP with a female cast though. There'd be a focus on relationships between females obviously, whether romantic, friendly, or hostile.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
Thank you for your interest!

You can play a character that's both, or whichever one you prefer. I prefer to GM an RP with a female cast though. There'd be a focus on relationships between females obviously, whether romantic, friendly, or hostile.

Awesomes~^^!! Thanks for answers. I recently watched a movie called Morgan and also I saw ~shudders~ Alien Covenant so I want to play an android~type ;D

Soooo yeah I'm thinking my android was a multi-corp enforcer bot that was to be recycled but somehow ended up at Dirt rewired, repurposed and re-skinned to be suitable as a force-to-be-reckoned-with type of "realistic looking" female door-person^^

*Glances at the club with a raised eyebrow*

I actually want to commit to this.

No clue if i'll have the time, though.

Fuck it

*Pushes all his chips in*

You've intrigued me.

Awesomes~^^!! Thanks for answers. I recently watched a movie called Morgan and also I saw ~shudders~ Alien Covenant so I want to play an android~type ;D

Soooo yeah I'm thinking my android was a multi-corp enforcer bot that was to be recycled but somehow ended up at Dirt rewired, repurposed and re-skinned to be suitable as a force-to-be-reckoned-with type of "realistic looking" female door-person^^

I was actually thinking of playing the security guy. He manages a network of drones and operates the cameras

I was actually thinking of playing the security guy. He manages a network of drones and operates the cameras
K sooooo like your charrie is my charrie's boss? Cools^^!

*eyes widen* Cyberpunk yuri RP!!???

Count me the f**k in!!!

If you're still looking for a co-GM, I'd love to fill those cybernetic boots. :P

@Wen

Hey~! Soooo like what is Max. of charries we are allowed to play? Cuz I didn't notice the link to the punk rock song and after hearing it I have an idea for another charrie. :33

Hey, this seems interesting, but I was wondering if I would still be able to play a male. I was thinking of playing a hacker who mostly deals in information. He likes a lot of things, but loves money. He dreams of taking down major corporations, but doesn't feel like that would ever be possible by himself. He's a secret super fan of Bait, and that would be why he hung out at Dirt, and maybe that's where Virus finds him and finds him useful?

If you don't like it or want males that's totally fine. This was just an idea.

//interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.