The Dimensional Intersection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lydia saw this girl, who also fit the description Q did, and was asking for her aunt Pani. She lifted her fist, then pounded it into the Palm of her other hand, probably scaring the people.
"AHA! I knew it! Alternate universes!" She said triumphantly. "I knew they existed. The slightest differences between two universes, ending in similar results, like in the time loops I witnessed, and-" she then continued explaining how her theory had become true, which really no one cared about, nor could they understand. Soon, she was out of breath. "I gotta...*gasp* get a drink after that." We should get somewhere..." She stared over her shoulder at Isana, who was still staring a hole through Lydia's head. "I really don't care where. There are lots more places around here we can get food and drinks from, though the cafe serves literally everything known to the connected universes."

Zayne blinked as he stood there, heading Lydia's exclamation about alternate universes... It brought a sudden memory; a field, then, fire, then, light... Wait what? The images flashing in his head weren't making any sense, but, he was sure they ahd something to do with where he was headed, right? It was the only purpose he really had in a place like this right now, so, almost anything would do. Though, perhaps he should ask Lydia about time loops? It seemed she took great interest in them, and, perhaps, through a bit of conversation, he might be able to remember more? He approached Lydia slowly "I would like to know more... About time loops I mean." he said, he seemed curious, but, a bit nervous about just straight up starting a conversation like this; usually it was the other way around for him, however... Perhaps his interest in time loops was what spurred him onwards.

Hanako jumped at the strange women outburst and watched as she started talking about alternate universes. Confused by what she ment she walked over to the women and her companions. Stuttering she asked, "c-can someone help me.. I don't remember anything expect that my aunt and I got separated." The girl started shaking slightly afraid someone would become mad and start to yell.

Lydia nodded at Zayne' s request and gave him a rare smile. "Let's focus on the present right now, but once I finish introductions for..." Her voice trailed off, realizing she didn't know Hanako's name yet. "Her, we can immediately start on it!" She said, ecstatic and extremely out of character. It seemed that studying alternate dimensions brought her out of her shell.
She placed her hands on Hanako' s shoulders, then lifted one to point at Pani and Q. "Meet alternate-universe Pani and if I'm not mistaken, an alternate you... I think." She placed a finger on her lips in thought. Though they both fit description, they were nothing at all alike.
"Anywho! She's trying to find her aunt too, and to be honest, I think they would have an easier time of finding her!" She released her hand from Hanako' s shoulder then turned back to Zayne, temporarily dumping her on Pani and Q.
"Time loops. I got caught in one early in my travels. I met a girl named Haruhi while I was in cat form, and she and her group adopted me. Sadly, the next day I woke up back on the street. Then haruhi ignored me the next day, and over and over again. Then again, she found me and adopted me. For some odd reason I couldn't find the portal back to the intersection. Apparently the dimension was in a time loop from some Godess-like power. Eventually the loop did break. Oh, as a side-note, if you are native to the time-looped dimension and currently residing in it, your memory goes away each loop. If you aren't from there, you're mind isnt affected by it. Anyway, luckily I was caught in the end of it and only spent half a year in it. Each loop was 2 weeks, and it lasted around 15,532 loops! Oh, if you look over there, that portal has a sign over it that has a time-loop warning. It's been there for about 2728 days. "Enter at your own risk." Huh. Pretty neat, right?" She said, with practically stars in her eyes.

Inside, isana rolled her eyes and downed a pot of coffee.

Reactions: Blox
Confused Hanako walked over to Pani and Q looking back at the strange women for a second before asking Pani, "u-um my name is Hanako.. the strange women over there- points to Lydia said that i-im your niece from alternate universe.. o-or something like that" The girl nervously looked at the ground and watching Lydia and Zyane conversant from the corner of her eye and began to think about todays events. Yet the only thing that kept reappearing was a strange portal appearing before her and someone screaming out her name. Then after that she fell into this strange place only knowing her name and the name of someone called Pani. When she had heard that someone named Pani had lost her niece, Hanako had only assumed it was her aunt and that was what had taken place. Though this women before her doesn't seem to bring back any memories or recollection of anyone she would of been close to, let alone the girl standing next to Pani.

Last edited:
Zayne definitely looked interested, it wasn't exactly what he was looking for, but, it was definitely a concept he found himself interested in, though, looking at Hanako briefly, tilting his head a little... A time loop didn't quite fit what was happening, but, then what could? He spoke again after a moment, his mind focusing on what she had said about memories being wiped at the end of a loop; such a thing could explain his missing memory, but, why was it coming back? A time loop couldn't be it, but, then, what could explain his sudden memory loss? Perhaps, to stay on topic, he should focus on the sudden loss of memory, it seemed like a state of amnesia, but, he couldn't recall how it had happened, which was expected really. "Can a dimension be... Deleted?" He asked, deciding to ask a more hypothetical question, he knew he was needed somewhere, but, he wasn't sure if that somewhere was even there anymore... It frustrated him that he couldn't remember the portal he came from, not the portal he was supposed to be headed to. Though, at the very least, what he could do was look over the possibilities; if the universe he was from is stuck in a timeloop, he wasn't sure how long he actually had left before his mind would "reset", but, for now, he'd operate under the assumption that it won't, and explore other possibilites... Though, he knew full well that doing so would be futile if he was indeed being effected by such a time loop.

Pani nodded. "No she's mute. I'll translate when necessary." Finishing her cleanup job she swung her oversized squeegee onto her shoulder. Wiping the sweat from her brow she nodded at Beau's offer. Then her eyes locked onto a spot that hadn't gone, she began to scrub it furiously.

Pani looked up at a small, unsure voice and saw her niece Hanako. Her eyes widened with surprise then closed with laughter. "Wo ho ho! Alternate dimensions? You have to belong to a dimension for that to happen. Nah, my sister just had two children and had me take care of one." She gestured over to Q, who was simply staring at Hanako. She quietly inched towards her, face still emotionless, then, slowly and strangely, as if she hadn't done it in a while, hugged her. Q's grip was tight and slightly choking. She then released her sister not sure if she had taken too long or too short. Pani looked up at Zayne's question. "There's only two ways for a dimension to be deleted and both are locked far far away. However there are two ways to ruin a dimension."

"Oh! Well..." Lydia started, but Pani beat her to it. "Yeah, that. I've only ever seen one dimension deleted In my time here. But Dimensions can be ruined all the time. To be honest, some are even corrupted in the similar way computer data does sometimes. It's an odd thing and concept to think about. I haven't thought about it as often as alternate dimensions and time loops... I should... I dunno. I may have a friend who knows more about it, but she's in her own dimension, which is one of the biggest in existence."

(hey guys im going to the coast today so my reply's will be slow) Hanako caught off guard by Q's hug, she simply smiled then hugged back. When the hug was over she faced the one named Pani and spoke, "I-I don't understand though... I..I don't recognize either one of you or anything here.." She looked away feeling ashamed that she couldn't bring herself to remember even her own sister, and slowly tears began to surface, "Im sorry.. i don't know whats wrong with me." Her voice became cracked and timid with each word.

Zayne nodded at what Lydia said, he understood, though, what Pani said seemed to hit the mark; a corrupted dimension could more or less explain his sudden amnesia, but... Then, did he really have a purpose? Perhaps, the dimension he was headed to wasn't even there? He sighed a little, but, gave the people around him a thankfull smile "Thanks for the help." he said, looking around a little; he had enough to work with, but, it appeared he would have to stay here for a while, well, not that he minded anyways... There was still alot he had to learn, both about his past, and, this strange place itself...

"No problem." She said with a smile, glad to help. Slowly, her aura turned to its normal, darker feeling.
"Anyway, In each restaurant is a map of the intersection, which labels the types of dimensions and which ones are corrupted and in time loops. It all depends where you guys want to go. There are restaurants of all types. Hey, maybe we can search for Hana's Pani while we are at it." Lydia said, shortening hanako's name, trying to make her feel a little more relaxed. "It'll be okay, we will find her eventuality." She patted hanako's back.

At first Hanako flinched at Lyida's pat but shortly after she smiled at the kind women wiping away her tears, "thank you. I don't know why im so emotional.. I just feel lost." She sighed then looked up at everyone's faces with a new found confidence. Though when she looked at Zyane she noticed an emotion she couldn't explain bubbled up inside her. Taken aback by it she quickly looked away from him and stuffed the feeling back down into whatever it came from and smiled trying to act as if the emotion was just an illusion of her imagination.

Pani looked at Lyida strangely, her eyes wandering all over her body. "You know a lot. Are you a Professional as well?" Her attention shifted to Hanako, who she rushed to her side. "Hey, it's alright. You said you have no memory right? I think you have amnesia. Besides, I have a job that involves a lot of traveling and never got to see you with the exception of your birth. This is a dimensional intersection. And Lydia," she looked up at her, slightly annoyed, "Hana isn't from a alternate dimension, my sister Nina just had two children." Q backed away, thinking that she had upset her sister by hugging her wrong, and hung her head in shame.

Hanako's confusion resurfaced as both Lydia and Pani were telling her different stories of the situation. When she saw Q's look of sadness she smiled at her trying to let her know it was alright. Though claustrophobia was sinking in as both women were standing on either side of her, so trying as nicely as possible she moved away from the center of them and shifted her position so that she was standing in front of them. Unknowing of what to say she stood quietly looking at the ground. She couldn't help but stare at Zyane out the corner of her eye again and wondered if he had ever been in her position, dealing with the memory lose, and being stuck in an unknown place. Hanako couldn't figure out what was so intriguing about the man, or why he seemed to bring up unknown emotions. Suddenly her head began to flash and flicker with unknown sounds and pictures. At first she saw flames surrounding her with the sounds of screaming all around her then that was replaced with someone carrying her on his back. He seemed badly injured, yet he was still able to carry her. In the background she could her the sound of flames and his voice saying things to her, but she couldn't understand. When Hanako came back to reality she felt hot tears swarming down her face, and she noticed that she was sitting down with everyone's worried faces staring into hers. She couldn't find the words to explain what had happen to answer their questions, so she sat there quietly trying to figure out just what had happen herself.

"I'm not a professional, I just notice a lot of things and try to put them together. I don't really know the science behind it, I just happen to find out about it." Lydia explained herself. "Ah, so... She isn't an alternate dimension Q..." suddenly Hanako stood rigid, sat down, then burst into tears, startling Lydia. She squatted down to her level and lifted hanako' s chin. She studied her face and returned a sympathetic look to the poor girl. She took the form of a cat and stood in front of her, offering to be petted, which was an even rarer event than her smiling.
"I think she might have had a flash-back." Lydia said to Pani over her shoulder.

Zayne glanced at Hanako briefly; a faint memory played in his head, she seemed familiar, but, yet, a complete stranger at the same time... Various images flashed in his head, and now, they were a bit clearer, a desolate world, a heavily struck war-zone, ships trying to escape the area, and a sense of impending doom. He couldn't quite remembere if he had been carrying someone, or, just making one final effort to strike back at an unknown force, but, he was sure all of this was linked to his sudden memory loss. Though, he still had no idea how he ended up here, nor the life he had once lived, he rubbed his temples a little, each time he tried to recall some memories in more detail, it hurt his head. In the end, he shook his head a little, remembering the mention about restaurants nearby "Well... Maybe we could discuss this a little better over a bit of food." he suggested, perhaps it was his stomach speaking though; that muffin had kept his hunger at bay, but, not for long enough it seemed as his stomach growled lightly, reminding him he would need to eat soon. An embarrassed look crossed his face as his eyes darted around, hoping that the others hadn't heard that.

Sniffling Hanako wiped away her tears and smiled at Lyida letting her know she was ok for now. "Sorry for startling you" A look of shame spread a crossed her face. As Zyane mentioned food, Hanako felt her stomach start to growl and her shame was quickly replaced with embarrassment, "I-I think food would be good." She added to Zyane's statement.

Last edited:
As Hana backed away Pani quickly moved back before letting out a sigh. 'This is going to be hard. How will she handle the traveling?' The black-and-white clad woman thought to herself, she looked up at Lydia's reply and shook her head. "I ment a professional dimensional traveller. However you clearly aren't, you don't have any deterioration on you." She was about to lift the pant leg that she had been limping on when Hanaco suddenly started crying like a child. Q tilted her head, her sister was very strange. She replied to Lydia with a tired, "yeah. I, for one, am staving, let's discuss this over-" ,but Zayne beat her to the punch. She gestured to him and smiled. "A man after my own heart. I'm feeling some Italian, sound good?"

Hanako giggled, "i like itailan!" and flashed everyone a smile. Though deep down she was attempting to figure out what the pictures were all about.

Lydia gave a thumbs-up (idk why, I could imagine like this http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1xlxmEzdS1qbbbw4o1_500.gif) and pointed across the way. "It's in that direction." She hadn't personally been to this restaurant, but she had heard a lot about it.

Then she pondered about what Pani was talking about. Deterioration? Lydia herself wasn't a dimension traveler pro, but she did it occasionally. Her own sister with the other hand, was working on it. Maybe she knew about deterioration, and how to avoid it. Ah, another new thing to think and study about!

Status
Not open for further replies.