The Difference Between You and Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once she found the spot and put the book in it, she turned to the redhead. She listened to the girl's words, slightly raising her eyebrow. The amusement on her face was clear, but she didn't say anything. And then, the girl simply slammed the door after "introducing" herself. Ok, that was unexpected and rude as hell. But she quickly brushed it away. She calmly left the library and made her way to her room, she wasn't really in the mood to go to the class, so she'll just skip it. No big deal.

The first thing that she noticed was how messy her room was, right, so she didn't clean it after losing her mind. Again. She sighed. She didn't really want to deal with this right now, so she only threw everything that was on her bed and lay on it. Her mind went back to what happened earlier in the library, and she just couldn't hide her smirk.

"So, Tiger huh... Well, I'm not gonna lie, I do like the name 'Stalker'." And then, she just let the world of the dreams take her to somewhere far away. Somewhere where her nightmares couldn't reach her. But, of course, even her only route of escape was starting to get invaded. Her sleep was restless.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
For the day the classes were over, stretching her body Tamara gather all her belongings and went outside the class. She did had a plan for tonight, only choice for now. It was a not risky but since she had no more money, had to do it.

Walking down the corridor, her stomach made a loud noise again. She covered her hungry tummy with a hand, sorrowful expression taking over. Tamara managed to get into the building where the girls Dorm was situated, dragging her legs to move faster.

Soon she reached the second floor at her room; slowly she opened the door with the key kept in her pocket. Of course her room was a total mess. You couldn't find nothing in that room, but somehow she did find her bed.

Tamara took her shoes off throwing them somewhere between her desk and like 20 books. She just flopped onto the bed facing down, it was a tiring day.

I will sleep for a bit.. Then I'll go there and steal some food. I'm sure I could find something.. For now I just wanna..Zzzz

And so Tamara fell asleep for a while, thinking about a nice cooked meal as her sister used to make.

Good thing about being the new kid, you didnt have to go to any of your classes the day you get there, due to the fact you had to get settled in. Your first OFFCIAL day starts the day after. As he put his stuff into his drawers in the closet on his side he did wonder who his new roomate would be. Who knew? Maybe he might not be that bad. After about 20 minutes of getting himself settled in with everything he decided to go take a look around. He goes to head out of his room.

Reactions: 2 people
Time passed by, as for Tamara it felt like hours which in fact were just a few minutes. She rubbed her eyes, looking at the window with the sun slowly setting down.

Getting up from her messy bed, jumped over other books and clothing on the floor to open the window. She inhale the fresh air and made another jump from the second floor to the near by tree. Tamara grabbed a branch with her hands and swing over to the ground.

" I am still good at this tree climbing .. Lucky me." She said to herself running towards the nosy dorm direction. This was insane.

She slide closer to the building, seeing another tree a grin formed at her lips. Quickly, moved her tiny body climbing that tree which went directly at a window.
It was a perfect match, so she thought steadily holding herself before swinging her body and went straight into the opened window.

Tamara landed in a clean room, being content with herself seeing some boxed around. As someone just moved in. However she was about to scavenge for some snack or any type of food, her eyes stopped at the boy.

Shot. Someone was inside and she didn't see him. Tamara just got caught stealing some bags of chips.

" Shit..!" Said mumbling.

He stopped when he heard someone come in from the window. He didnt feel as if he was in any danger though so he just turned around with his arms crossed. It was that girl again from earlier, she was trying to steal his chips. He unexpectedly gave her a smile, "Hey, I remember you. Long time no see girly. You know if you wanted some chips all you had to do was ask, "he says walking up to her, "You can have it if you want I dont really care." He says, the kind smile still on his face.

• Love
Tamara was stunned by this boy reaction, although she didn't care much at his words. She simply stood there on shame like a little girl, while he approached her even more still speaking.

Also she tried to say something but her throat felt dry. For some reason, her heart skip a beat when he was even closer to her.
She squeezed the bags of chips with her small fingers, just as her stomach growled loudly again.

Tamara definitely was embarrassed beyond words of description, but at least she had a snack for the night.

Slowly and steady lifted her eyes from the ground to look at the tall boy, finding him smiling. And with that she dashed quick from his side opening the door.

" T-thank..you Giraffe boy.." Only words she managed to say stopping with her hand on the door handle.
" I wasn't.. That hungry anyways. I just wanted.. Uhmm something salty that's all!" Her tiny body just stood still at the door, holding the bag of crips at her chest. It was crazy indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: GreatWest
When Avanna woke up, the classes had already ended. She was sweating, panting and her eyes were wide open. F*ck, this was the fourth nightmare only this week. She couldn't take it no more. So she did what she always does in times like this. She smashed the heck out of something. And this time, her clock was the first thing that she saw. The poor thing didn't even have time to tick again, in seconds, no, even less, it was splattered on the floor beside the bed. Shit shit shit... I can't take this anymore... I need to...need to... I need to breathe... Yes, yes. Breathe. Air. That's...that's...that's good... Yes. Panic was written all over her face, she tried to control her breath, but it didn't really help. Suddenly, she was on her foot and took the first jacket she saw. It happened to be a magenta leather jacket. Not that it was really cold, but she hated the cold, so she wanted to stay warm. Yes. Stay warm was the best. She walked fast, but at the same time slow. Before she noticed, she was running outside, only stopping once her legs were tired enough to carry her. She just stayed on the ground, trying to control her breath.

Failure. No, shut up!
You're a failure.

"SHUT UP!" Her voice was desperate. That wasn't good. Control yourself. Hide yourself. Hide your anger. Yes, just like that. Now, everything's okay. For now. And then, her face was neutral once again.

• Love
He looked at her clearly not buyng the fact that she said she wasnt hungry. The growling of her stomach gave it away. He arched an eyebrow as she dashed towards the door. He did notice she seemed to hesititate when she was at the door. He smiled once more, "Hey its no problem. You know if you do get hungry you can just come to me. My parents send me a bunch of food whenever I am away somewhere. I dont onow why though. I dont even eat that much." He chuckled lightly hoping that would atleast calm her down a bit. "But you probably shouldnt go out that way. As far as I remembers girls are not suppose to be in the boys dorms."

• Love
Tamara turned slightly to face him, still couldn't look at him from the embarrassment and her face blushed deeply.

Listening to him as he talked she stepped forward where he stand with the window behind him. Tamara's eyes glanced at him releasing a small sigh.

" Well then .. I will see you tomorrow. Thank you for the chips.. I'll pay you back sometime, Giraffe boy!" And with that Tamara pushed him aside before climbing on the window frame and made a Jump towards the tree. Her hand grabbed the closest branch, still holding tight the bag of chips.

She made her way down to the ground and ran quickly to her room, trying not to be seen by anyone.

What's up with him anyways..? Being all nice now and offering me food to.. I guess I can hang out at his room as long as I got food.

Reaching back at the girls dorm, she went inside towards her room. The door locked behind her she could finally open the crips and start eating them with great hunger.

They are my favourite to.. I suppose he has good taste in crips but doesn't mean he is still not tall as a pole.. Ugh Giraffe boy.. Funny..

" My room is a mess after all.." Munching the last crips, she crawled over to her bed and curled in a ball shape after changing her clothes, falling asleep under the covers.

• Love
He smiled as he willingly stepped to the side. Before she left he said something he didnt even expect to say, "Say you later alligator." And with that she was gone. He didnt mind sharing food. But he didnt feel like she should pay him back, he was just being nice. She honestly didnt seem too bad to him now. He shrugged it off the shut the windows. Now time to looke around. And with that he went out his door, closed it and locked it and started walking around.

Avanna was walking around the school, not bothering to check where she was going, she was just...walking. She couldn't stop thinking about the nightmare. It was so...real. Suddenly, a voice pushed her out of her mind, and she was grateful for that. Turning around, the teacher of the class that she skipped was dashing quickly towards her, an annoyed expression in her face.

"Where were you, young lady? Why did you skip my class?" The teacher wasn't really angry, but irritated. Avanna simply looked at her and just shrugged.

"I wasn't in the mood" And just resumed her walk, the teacher still calling for her.

When Avanna came back to her senses, she was standing in front of the music room. She knew what her mind needed right now.

She saw the harp as soon as she entered the room, her safest route of escape. She sat on the chair of the harp and put her fingers on the strings. She started playing. Soon, the melody of Hallelujah invaded the room, at first only the sound of the harp. And then, her voice.

Peace.

Her voice was flooding with emotions, emotions that she kept locked up, emotions that were killing her. And then, the tears came. She didn't notice, or didn't care. She was too busy playing.

• Love
After all classes for the day had gotten out Kenzie dawdled in the classroom, not in a hurry to get anywhere in particular. She finished packing up her things into her messenger bag and exited the room with a sickly sweet, "Goodbye Mr. Avett. Have a good rest of your day." Kenzie despised Mr. Avett -who was actually Dr. Avett, though Kenzie blatantly ignored this fact - thinking him an incompetent fool not qualified to teach a toddler how to tie their shoes, let alone teach AP Anatomy at one of the top boarding schools in the country. Mr. Avett knew this too, though on the whole he just ignored Kenzie's snide remarks and general disregard for his status.

She spent some time in the library, getting quite a kick out a standoff between some tiny redhead and another girl - who, Kenzie realized, was wearing her jacket - before growing bored and falling asleep. When she woke she left the library and made her way down the hall towards the courtyard. There were plenty of people about, as there always was. They moved out of the way of Kenzie's infamously long stride like the Red Sea parting, most of them either out of fear, awe, of both. Kenzie wasn't exactly "popular" per se - despite the fact that she was the captain of multiple sports teams and the head of a club - but everyone knew who she was. It had always been like that.

Being the daughter of one of the most powerful congressmen in the country made her the richest person around, which said something considering she was surrounded by über rich kids every day. People here were attracted to money, and Kenzie had it, and so they knew her, just out of principle. And she made her way towards the girls' dorm, she thought she saw the new kid from earlier wandering around the edge of campus. Kenzie headed towards him, figuring it was long past due for them to meet.

Rowan heard the harp and immediately veered towards the music room. She loved the sound of the beautiful instrument and peered in through the open door. She smiled and closed her eyes letting the music wash over her. Her beanie was again placed atop her head and her fingers drummed lightly at her arms.

But she noticed something.. The girl playing the instrument was upset. Visibly no less. Rowan toyed with the idea of walking inside and asking her if she was okay or if she should just leave the girl be to her own thoughts. Either way she was bound to be seen sooner than later so she kept quiet, watching and listening intently.

As the music came to an end, Avanna sighed content. She was feeling happy, relieved, now a rare emotion for her. She started another song, but, as her eyes travelled around the room, she saw a pair of eyes watching her from behind the door. With the surprise, the beautiful melody turned into a mess of noise as her fingers lost the control of the strings.

She stared at the girl, her grey eyes trying to tear off the other's eyes with only her stare. She wasn't happy. Oh no, she wasn't. The feeling of peace was long gone by now, and her anger replaced it once again. However, before doing anything too drastic, like mutilating the girl using only a spoon, she tried to calm herself down. The anger was now hidden behind the mask of indifference, her eyes no longer holding the murderous look.

"Something bothering you?" Her voice was calm, just like her face and her stance on the chair. Her eyes never once left the other girl's. How ironic. She thought to herself. Earlier, it was me that was creeping on another girl. She couldn't help but be amused at that thought.

• Love
Rowan shrugged her shoulders and sighed. "Sorry to disturb you. I just heard the harp and followed my ears here. It's an instrument that makes such a lovely sound and you played beautifully." She apologized and crossed her arms over her chest nervously. "She had seen the glare the other girl had given her and certainly did not want to stick around for any more of that. "But I should be on my way. See you around." She sighed and gave a small wave before quickly leaving to walk back down the hall.

Avanna watched as the girl praised her talent with the harp, and blushed a little, she was really hoping that the other girl couldn't see it. And then, before she could say anything, the other girl apologized and left the room.

An unhappy sigh left her mouth, and looked at the harp.

"Way to go, Avanna." She said quietly. Slowly, her fingers touched the strings once again, another melody gaining life. This time, Mad World.

Status
Not open for further replies.