The Difference Between You and Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack smiled down at her then arched an eyebrow in interest as he sees the devilish look in her eye. , "Sure, " he said, "I wouldnt mind walking you to the parking lot. He started walking withher with his hands in his pockets.

She didn't mind the silence, because it wasn't an awkward one. It was actually kind of nice, being able to just enjoy the quiet, for once. Her life was a world of opposites: a world of passion and noise with music, and a cold indifference at home with her father. He was not a dad, he was a father. Kenzie barely knew what he looked like, he was gone so often. She didn't once think she'd seen him smile. But this quiet was different, it was natural, the kind you can only enjoy with certain people who also can appreciate the beauty of quiet. The only sound was their shoes hitting the pavement, his gently, hers clacking softly because of her heels.

Once to the parking lot, Kenzie didn't have to look hard to find her car. Most of the day students were gone, and her car wasn't like the others; most of the students with cars had high end sports cars, like bold and flashy Porche or Lamborghini in garish canary yellow, tomato red, or racing stripes . Kenzie had a '69 Corvette Stingray the color of crushed blackberries. She led the way over to it, before turning and facing him. "Well," she said. "It was nice to meet you Jack."

Aiyana spotted Kenzie and the new boy standing in front of a car which definitely didn't fit in with the few others. She stood there, unsure whether to go forward or just forget it. Both of them seemed to be in their own world and she didn't want to disturb that. Maybe she'd just tell her at the concert tomorrow. She shrugged, kicked the ground and started walking back to the main building.

Kenzie spotted the familiar form walking away, and called out to her, running over as best she could in her heels. "Wait!" She slowed to a walk as she approached, her face unreadable, but not unfriendly. "So," she said, "did you do it? Am I in?" On the inside, she was filled with a nervous excitement. Aiyana didn't know it, but it would really mean a lot to Kenzie if she could meet the band members. She'd never seen them play live, and was more excited about the show than she was willing to let onto. She was also infatuated with the bass player, which contributed to her desire to meet them in person.

Aiyana noticed Kenzie running towards her. She got up and tried to look professional, a little intimidated by Kenzie's height.

"Uhhmm, yeah, I guess it's possible. No one's going to say anything. After the show," she said. Then a little rushed, she added in "Don't forget about the basketball thing."

Kenzie huffed. "You really think I'm that much of a bitch that I'd go back on my word?" She then realized that was probably exactly what Aiyana thought. "You know what, don't answer that. But either way, I keep my promises. But just know that if I'm going to be coaching you, you'd better be ready to do whatever it takes, and do exactly what I say. I'm not just going to be changing how you play. Most of the work is going to be in the way you live your day to day life. Once I have an idea how you live, I'm going to make some changes. We start next week on Monday. See you tomorrow night."

Kenzie jogged back to her car, where Jack was still waiting. "Sorry," she said with a smile. "Just had to take care of something."

Jake smiled a bit as Kenzie jogged back him, "Its alright I understand. There is... something I need to take care of something myself," he was referring to Derek, he was a man of his word and when he said something he planned to do it. He was going to check up on Derek to make sure he was alright, I will see you later Kenzie." he lightly nudged her side then smiled and walked away. As he passed the by Aiyan he gave her a slight smile and went inside. He was heading to the nurse's office.

Kenzie unlocked her car and slid into the driver's seat. Today had certainly been interesting, to say the least. It was the most fun she'd had at school in God only knows how long. She thought over the day as she drove down the long road leading from campus to her home just outside the city. Made a few friends, watched a fight, got backstge passes to a concert, and became a coach. Not too bad. Now she just had to figure out what to wear tomorrow night...

Aiyana grimaced. She didn't like people ordering her around but this was the best chance she had to get some coaching done. "Sure," she muttered as Kenzie walked back to the car. Kenzie and Jake seemed to be having a conversation and then Jake began walking out of the parking lot. He gave Aiyana a slight smile as he passed. She nodded her head.

After staring at the almost vacant for five minutes, Aiyana got up and took the short cut to her dorm room. Tomorrow was going to be a long day. Or rather, night.

Status
Not open for further replies.