The Difference Between You and Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You keep your mouth shut!" She exclaimed quietly and rushed over to Jack. "Don't insinuate something like that!" She spoke through gritted teeth. The nurse came back with the first aid kit and handed it to Jack. She waited for them to tend to Derek and stood there with her arms crossed. She tapped a foot, both impatiently and nervously.

"You need to come with me." She dragged Jack away once they cleaned Derek up. Derek drank some ibuprofen for the inflammation and fell fast asleep. He wasn't beat up too bad and he didn't have any head damage, so the nurse let him sleep and went back to her station. Alison pulled Jack into a secluded area and shut the curtains. Jack knew. There was no hiding it. "Look. Whatever you do, just. Keep. Your. Mouth. Shut. I'll keep his gang away from you," she paused, "because they will want to come after you. I will keep them away- not that you need any defending-" that was obvious, "if you keep your mouth shut. No one is to know. I mean. No one." Alison was fidgeting. Her anxiety was kicking in. She started breathing heavily. If Derek's secret got out, it would be the end of him.

She reached into her purse and pulled out a bottle of pills. She swallowed one dry and turned her attention back to Jack. "Do we have a deal?"

Jack suddenly got pulled out of the room, he couldnt help but smirked , so he was right. He crossed his arms and leaned against the door, "Relax girly. I am not that bad of a guy, his secret is safe with me. Promise." he was looking her dead in the eye to show how serious he was.

Jack was smirking. What a pompous prick. "Do you think I'm joking?" She stared right back at him. She held the gaze for several seconds. He was being sincere. "Ok...thank you." Her breathing was slowly returning to normal. "You should probably get out of here. His father will be coming soon to check on him. I don't think you want to be here when he see's him."

Mrs. Wilson suddenly knocked on the door, that even surprised Jack. he pushed away from the door and opened it. she look at Jack giving him a knowing look. He arched an eyebrow at her.
"I heard what happened." she said, "I will not allow the two of you to be fighting like this. That is why I decided Derek will be your new roomate."
Jack's eyes widen, "What?!"

Alison stepped forward. She stared at the woman. She couldn't be serious. "Excuse me, Mrs. Wilson, I don't mean to question your authority, but what exactly do you mean they are going to be roommates? Are you sure--" She looked at the woman, unsure of her decision. Was that a good decision to be making? Alison was not so sure.

At that moment, Derek's father burst through the nurses office, and nearly pounced on Jack. "Mr. Montague!!" Alison jumped in front of Jack and tried to hold the man back.

"Let me at him! That son of bitch-- you ever touch my son again --!!" Coach Montague was furious, but he stopped as soon as he noticed Mrs. Wilson standing there. "Please tell me you are doing something about this? Look at his face!" He pointed at his son.

Jack obviously wasnt scared of his father. He gave him a blank expression to prove he had no effect on him. He delt with scarier things back at home.
Mrs. Wilson sighed, "I understand your concern, but I assure you I am taking care of Jack." she looked over at Jack and saw his arms were crossed then looked back at Derek's dad, "And you know Jack actually helped bring him in here..."

[Sorry. My posts are kind of mediocre right now. I'm sort of tired haha]

The coach just stood there and stared at the woman. "He what?" He looked at her and then back at the boy who had beat his son. He couldn't believe his own son got his ass kicked. Didn't he teach him better than that? Now he was laying in bed with a busted up face like a pansy would have. He did not raise no god dammed pansy! He was going to have to pay for his foolish actions.

"It is true Sir," Alison vouched for Jack. "It is true, he helped me bring him here to the nurse."

"Oh," the coach scoffed, "so you mean to tell me this jack ass felt a pang of guilt and went back to rescue my son? Bullshit!" He snapped at the boy, "you were just too scared weren't ya? Didn't want to have to pay the consequences of your actions?"

tumblr_m6c9706omq1qcp7j1o1_1280.jpg
Name : Aiyana Bell
Looks : Long black-brown hair, brown eyes and light brown skin. Native American descent. Strong. 5'3''.
Traits : Smart, open-minded, insecure, short-tempered, creative and indecisive.
Dislikes prejudiced people. Unable to take praise. Can get unstable when things go bad. Quite into social justice and reads a lot.
Bio : Born to a middle class family and got to private school by scholarship. Not necessarily her first choice, but since the school had a good name it could help her for the future. Has had to work for everything she has. Works odd jobs. Currently is helping out as a roadie and backstage list manager for the rock bands coming to town.

-------

Aiyana sighed with relief. Finally some free time. She'd just been let off of work from clearing up the backstage area. Tomorrow there would be a bunch of band's playing at the venue - plus a bunch of people from her school coming down.

It didn't necessarily hurt her but the people in her school were rich. Like really rich. They could buy anything they wanted and that wasn't their fault - they hadn't asked to be born into royalty. But there were quite few people who looked down upon her for working odd jobs to make money. They'd never had to work for anything in their life. She didn't feel like responding to all their snide comments as they handed her the tickets but what had to be done, had to be done. She needed the money.

Figuring she had some free time before her next class, Aiyana decided to go to the basketball court. She wasn't particularly good at it considering her height was average but she did have strength and was quite swift.

Thank god the jocks weren't there. Aiyana usually played one on one with the coach and he was way better than her. He'd asked her to join the team but she knew he'd done it to make her feel better about her not-so-good playing. She had taken it upon herself to improve but so far, no luck. As the coach wasn't around, she began to shoot baskets, missing one in every three shots.

Well, as long as no one shows up, I guess I'm good for now.

Jack couldnt help but smirk at what the old man said. He gently moved Alison aside and took to steps toward him. He was now in his face his expression serious, "Listen old man, " he poked him hard in the chest making him step back a little bit, "I am not afraid of shit. And I decided to show some mercy on your son because I felt bad for him. I still do. I feel sorry that he has a dad that pressures him into shit that he doesnt want to do." he poked him harder in the chest

Clark looked down at his chest where the boys finger was stabbing into it. He glared at it and gripped it with his hand, fighting his grip just enough to cause a little pain, and then pushed the boy away from him. "I'll deal with you later." He turned on his heel and walked out of the nurses office. His face began to turn different shades of red as he walked down the hall and back to his own office. Yes, he would deal with both of them later.

Kenzie watched the shorter girl practice her jump shots from her perch in the bleachers. She watched intently as the girl lined up shot after shot, missing quite a large portion of them. She mentally critiqued the girl, noting everything she was doing, both right and wrong. She sighed, tired of watching the girl struggle to make the baskets. Kenzie stood up and walked down the bleachers to the court, walking from bench to bench instead of using the steps. When she reached the ground she strode purposefully over to the girl, who was lining up to take her next shot. "Stop," she called to her. "Stop, you're doing it all wrong."

Jack scowled and jerked his hand away. Once the old man left he looked at Alison, "He is an ass." He then glanced at Derek then looked at Mrs. Wilson, "See ya. I might come back in here in a little bit." he slammed the door behind him. He didnt know where he was going but he didnt care.

When the girl turned to face her, she continued. "You're doing it wrong. Your form is awful, and you're using your arms as your power source, when you should be using your legs. You're strong though, which is good, but strength isn't worth much if you don't have good technique. At least, it isn't if we're talking about basketball. If you want brute force, go play rugby or join the wrestling team." Kenzie took a ball from the rack, dribbled twice, got into a three-point stance, and shot it up, the ball hitting the backboard before falling into the net with a swishing sound. She shrugged. "Eh. I'm in heels."

Jack made it to the Gym and saw Kenzie and a girl he never seen before. He couldnt help but smile at the sight of Kenzie. He smiled, crossed his arms and leand back against the wall looking at her, "Nice shot." he said witha hint of amusment in his voice.

"Thanks," she said with a raised eyebrow. It was hard to tell if he was serious when he was smiling like he was about to do something that would get him into trouble. To be truthful it wouldn't surprise her if he was. She turned back to the other girl, who still hadn't said anything. "Your name is Aiyana, right? I've seen you working at the Adderhead Lounge in town."

She took a step towards Aiyana and leaned in closer as if to confide in her. She spoke in a hushed voice. "I was wondering if you could get me a backstage pass for tomorrow's show at 11, or some way to meet the band. It doesn't matter if it's before or after the show, though I'd prefer after." She straightened out, before continuing in her normal voice, which was low to begin with. "And before you ask what's in it for you, I'll tell you: You get me in to meet the band, and I coach you until basketball tryouts, which are in a month. quid pro quo. You scratch my back, I scratch yours. Let me know as soon as possible."

And with her trademark lopsided grin, she turned and left the girl to consider her offer. "You know, I'd say you were stalking me, but I'm not that interesting," she said to Jack as she passed him on the way out. "Actually, I take that back. I am pretty damn interesting."

Jack couldnt help it, he laughed and followed shortly after her, "Honestly, didnt know you were in there," he shrugged, "Although I do admit you are pretty damn interesting." he smiled down at her.

"You think?" she said, genuinely surprised. She stopped walking and looked at him. Mackenzie Cappaletti had been called many different things by many different people, but interesting definitely was not one of them. "How so?"

Once she stopped he instinctivly stopped as well. He heard the surprise in her voice and arched an eyebrow and looked at her with his bright blue eyes. " Of course you are. You are a good interesting though," he smiled, "You are not like all the other girls in this school." he said honestly.

"I've been called a lot of things in my life," Kenzie said. "But never interesting. That may be the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me." The corner of her mouth tugged up a bit in a small half smile. "Thank you."

Jack smiled back, "Is thaat so? Well you are welcome," he lightly nudged her with his elbow, "So what have people called you? Do I have to beat someone up?" he asked with a smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.