The Devil's Triad

Victoire sat shaking in the seat Miklan had placed her in and listened carefully to the words he said to her. "What would she want from me though?" She asked quietly, lifting her head from looking at her hands to make eye contact with him. "It's not like I'm very powerful, I'm just...a girl. Normal, well as much as you can be when you're a reaper who can control flesh." The last sentence she said was soft, almost as if she was saying it under her breath. She drew in a shaky breath before shoving her fear, worry and confusion as far down as she could. She stood after Miklan's words, turning to the other reapers in the room.

"My name is Victoire Babineaux, I'm from France." She introduced herself before turning to the man who had just now entered the room, looking confusedly at him. "I tried to get him to join the fight earlier, he couldn't understand anything I said." She shrugged, maybe she was the only one who didn't speak Japanese or whatever language he was speaking. That made sense to her. She gave the other reapers nods before turning back to Miklan.

"What do we do now, Miklan?" She asked him, looking back and forth between him and the door. "Do we stand or do we run?" She asked, unsure of what to do when one of the Four Horsemen was coming straight for them. She was still shaking from her earlier brush with death but was refusing to allow it take her to her knees. She refused to sit down when she could still fight. Her earlier exhaustion had been pushed from her veins, maybe the demon had done that for her as well as save her from death.

"I'm tired but I can still fight, my capabilities have been returned to me by that demon who saved me. Whether she did it on purpose or not, I can do some stuff," she said, turning to look around the room at the other reapers, She wasn't sure if they'd be able to fight too but she knew that if they had too, they all would. A reaper couldn't run from the Four Horsemen, there was something about standing with a demon against one of the Four Horsemen that took away that option.

The girl seemed to barely notice as Tsubasa tugged on her arm and began to lead them away from the monstrosity. She began to bleed as the metallic taste of iron began to coat her throat. Dark spots invaded her vision as she tried to coax her body too follow behind him. Clinging to his frame begging him not too her.

She had been eaten by fire in a previous life and she cried out hoping her new end would not be by the mouths of rats.

"We just need to make it through the doors, ok? Just a little farther, but we have to make it until then."

She bit her lip as she listened to him as she tried to respond.

"Everything hurts..." She whimpered. Despite the shrieking of the rats and the sounds of the horse. He could hear her clearly.

"We just have to make it through the doors."

He could also feel parts of her flesh ripping underneath the bandages as he pulled her along. Desperately searching for the exit as the two finally had reached said doors.

It had not been over yet.

---

"You be careful with your words. This is a delicacy from where I'm from. I wouldn't mind brewing you some awful tasting medicine if you complain this much." Miklan responded with jest. He seemed relieved, at least, that their scenario was over. Barely coming at the right time to intervene against the angel. Luckily of all the death gods he was the most prepared to deal with Raquel. His mind wandered a bit as he thought such a thing had been too perfect. They had taken some casualties but it was nothing in comparison to what they had faced. Even he expected more but this only made him question.

Were they that powerful? Or was the arch angel that weak?

He busied himself on making these drinks as he brushed a layer of white dust away from himself. It was minute but noticeable, though Miklan didn't seem to mind it. He seemed pleased with James acceptance of the soldiers as he hoped they would be of some use. His gaze would eventually come back towards Sebastian as he listened to the words he had to say.

“I’m sorry. I hadn’t realized that I was wanted.”

Miklan listened to the sentence offered by the man as he stared into his eyes, curiously watching as if waiting for them to glance at the blood along the tiles though the remnants of this disappeared as Sylvia had taken hold of this within her body. Miklan was not someone who seemed to care about authority as he guarded the corpse for the girl. Capable of eagerly taking it for himself if he wanted too but no actions revealed as such. The emptiness within his skull showed the same grin it would forever show and this was in stark contrast too Sebastian's. Miklan seemed to notice the reaction and pulled away from the subject as he chose a way to respond towards all of them to remind them why they were here.

"We are not necessarily gods of time but we come when we are required. Appearing when the time requires us and appearing when we are demanded. Reapers are never early, and neither are we late. Keep that in mind, all of you." Miklan reiterated the last of his speech. He didn't wish for more talking as anything important woukd be explained but now was a time to simply take in the chaos they were given.

He didn't seem to care as Sebastian placed the cup back onto the floor and eagerly returned it towards his hand as the dust almost seemed too carry it back towards him. He drank it without pause as he finished the liquid before placing the cup neatly back within his satchel as the decision to deny the drink didn't offend this particular God.

Though, it seemed that Victoire's shivering seemed to perk his interest as the girl began to question the demons intentions. This appeared to trouble the death God as they struggled to decide if she would be better off knowing of her fate. Worried it may only further give her fear but feeling truth would be the best especially since he believed the demon to still be within their midst.

"She could want a myriad of things. Her effort in saving you wasn't simply out of the pure kindness of her heart. She always demands something in return for her work... I'll make it clear on what she can do but I apologize if it doesn't settle your nerves." Miklan paused to give the girl a moment to think before continuing. "You need to be aware of how she saved you. She stored away your certain demise within the linen of her clothes. Stealing your death away from you; but now, she can call upon it at any time to incinerate you with that angelic fire if you choose to go against her will... Patience, as she said, can be greedy. If you want her to relinquish that death, you must trade for something significant in return." Miklan seemed tired of playing the narrator as he cracked his jaw in his hands. He knew many questions would arise but he did not expect for so much too happen especially so quickly and with ones who saw as new with their powers. He was surprised many of them seemed so fresh though there was that one interested in blood whom still remained apart from them.

There was something Victoire had stated that Miklan was urged to dispel. He looked at her as she said it and his words were directed to them all. "Let me make this clear to all of you. Not a single one of you are normal. Each chosen to be a part of this dangerous game. Whether you choose too participate or not you are a part of it now." He listened to the rest of her introduction as it was suddenly interrupted by doors bursting before them.

A sudden toxic dread overwhelmed them as a filthy feeling ripped at their throats. Almost causing them to vomit and the disgusting smell radiating from within the hallway. There in front of the two doors stood Tsubasa with the bloodied girl beside him. Clinging viciously to the life she wished for as Miklan couldn't believe what was occurring.

It was too late, but he needed to act now.

The sounds of the rats blasted into their ears as Miklan placed his hands into the floor as the light layer of dust erupted into needle like strands of bone as they began to pierce into the bodies of the rats. Ripping them to shreds as the sounds of the animals terrified screaming began to fill the lobby. The mass extermination of the creatures began to frighten the rest as the bones skewered them like simple pieces of meat. Impaling numerous of the rodents as the brute force eventually stopped their onslaught. The remnants of the rats twitching and gurgling from their unfortunate end.

Again, it was too late. As the sound of a whistle flew through the air as an arrow could be seen as in that moment it made its way towards the center of Tsubasa's back. Miklan's mind wandered as he tried to think of any solution as his grey eyes watched the vent happen before him.

The projectile began to slowly pierce his back as the seconds began to come. It was as Miklan had feared. He was too late.

It was in that moment that his fears were soon realized as he watched something develop beside the young man and it seemed he wouldn't be ridding himself of this demon so soon.

be09df85-28da-4dd9-9c7a-08543220228b.jpg

Mammon stood beside Tsubasa as she lightly smiled upon Miklan. One of her hands was placed softly upon his shoulder as the arrow slowly gutted through his body. He could feel his heart pumping as the arrow slowly ravaged through it. Ripping it apart as it proceeded to rip through his lungs. It eventually broke through the center of his rip cage as pieces of his bone followed by blood began to fall before him onto the ground below.

He could sense this happening but as the woman held his shoulder there was no feeling of pain throughout his body.

In what appeared almost as a dream, Mammon's clothing began to slowly unravel from her body as they began to ensnare Tsubasa within its confines. Leaving her exposed as she removed her mask from her skull and covered her nude form with the decorative mask. Her clothing covering him as if too assure he wouldn't disappear from this life and giving his body a comforting feeling. Once the arrow had finished its duty was when she would finally go too work as she refused for the disease within the weapon to spread to this young man. She began to slowly guide the strands of clothing back to her body as a ghostly essence followed them. The clothing also removing the arrow as it pulled it gently from his body's grasp. His wound disappearing and not even showing a hint of rejuvenation as the arrow had appeared to simply go right through him as it eventually fell to the floor at his feet, upon the blood and bone which he was no longer missing. The woman gathered the spirit of Tsubasa as she guided it towards the mask she held carefully within her palms as it glowed happily with the offering the demon had made to it. As this ritual finished it seemed to have taken hours but it had only been a few seconds for them to all comprehend as she eventually placed the mask upon her face and had the clothing return to her body.

This was what she had done to Victoire and now once again she had another Reaper within her grasp.

"My, my... I didn't expect you too require my services so quickly. I thought I told you the first horseman is here. Thought you two would have a lively reunion, since he is, a death god after all. I cannot blame him though, been ages since he was a death God and now has been abused by God for his wicked purposes..." The woman's voice was soft and polite and almost caring in its sincerity but as she looked at them, there was no doubt that she herself, was a demon.

"I'm beginning to truly question your allegiance." Miklan responded unhappily towards the woman.

"Do we stand or do we run?"

"I have saved two of your kind now. I wouldn't have wasted such effort on such insignificant people but I am here to fulfill my deal. I brought the horseman to you as promised. Though he still seems to have a seal of god placed upon him. If you wish for this death god to be on your side once again, it appears we must remove it. If we don't we will all fall here but I won't disappear on you all anymore. It seems you all need a mother to guide you and I am here for that purpose." She closed the metal doors of the hallway as she tossed her metallic mask as it grew to cover the door.

"I shall give us some time but luckily that girl there has already gravely injured him with one of his own arrows. I find that curious but I would recommend gathering each and everyone of your thoughts before we face this horseman. We need to find and break that seal so that he can finally rejoin his long lost purpose and that is to be a death god." The woman seemed entertained by all of this as she finally let go of Tsubasa as she made her way to the mask that sealed the door. Miklan eventually released his hands from the ground as the dust around him seemed to quiver. Dust of bone was something incredibly useful and required lots of power and skill to wield effectively but all that bone that he had used in his previous battle was still all around them but simply in a much smaller form. One unnoticeable by many but felt by them all.

It was time to prepare and now they were here all together.

(@Kobold ,@Ur Degaton ,@Wister ,@Zahara ,@WanderingWriter )

Last edited:
Reactions: Wister
"We need to find and break that seal so that he can finally rejoin his long lost purpose and that is to be a death god."

Tsubasa heaves, falling heavily to the floor in the silence that followed the strange woman's statement. His weight shifts to his knees as he falls, then heaves itself forward to topple to the ground facefirst. He throws his hands out to stop his fall, jagged bone shards sending a lance of pain up his arm as they pierce his skin. He breathes raggedly for a few seconds, before beginning to dry heave. Having nothing in his stomach, he eventually manages to cough up a mouthful of watery bile, shivering as he breaks into a cold sweat. Tears fall from his eyes, splashing quietly on the floor below him.
Seven gods on a grain of rice.
He'd heard a lot of talk of gods and demons from the group, and reached the conclusion that he'd been horribly wrong to stop practicing the Shinto religion. The strange hospital, the powerful figures - he was a trespasser in the spirit world, and the fickle but mighty beings which occupied it would likely take great affront to his trespass. However, he'd made a promise to that girl.
z4-haruhara-specter-b-20140711-870x423.jpg

Tsubasa coughs a moutful of thick, bitter saliva onto the floor, legs shaking as he struggles to his feet to approach the girl, blood dripping from his hands and his eye's condition rapidly worsening. He sinks to his knees next to the girl he'd sworn to keep safe, pulling the injured thing into his arms. He tries to stand a few times, falling down each attempt, before managing up onto his feet to begin carrying the bleeding adolescent away form the steel doors and approaching threat beyond.
He felt so weak, so shocked that memories of that strange save on Mammon's part were already turning to fog, though they seemed to have lasted hours. He briefly pondered what the mist she had taken from him to place into her mask was, but nearly slips on a pool of blood which shatters that train of thought into pieces.

Tsubasa made sure to avert his gaze from the people and demons there, already feeling an acidic bitterness inside for the contempt they probably viewed him with. Vuikutowāru's strange accent echoes in his head, the girl's desperate voice as well, both mocking him for his cowardice.
You're weak. Look at you, running away. Why'd you even come here, Hiroto? You don't belong here. You should have died in the armageddon with everyone else.

James sighed at the collective group's statements, knowing he would have to fight once again, and possibly die. He didn't know if he was ready, hell, he wasn't ready. Sure Miklan's strange medicinal drink did restore most of his strength and healed his damaged side. But he was only lucky that he survived the last battle, it was a mixture of reckless confidence and stupid actions that gave him the edge. But this time he didn't feel quite so confident or reckless, as his once damaged side would tell. Nor was he particularly thrilled about finding out what morbid and disturbing powers the approaching embodiment of rot and disease possessed. At least he didn't need to worry about getting sick... For obvious reasons...

"I'd rather pick fighting any one of the other horsemen than facing down a literal walking case of Hepatitis C," He muttered out loud to himself as he summoned another ball of soul essence and pointed it at the sealed door, prepared to fight the death god whenever the others are ready.

Sylvia was still trying to wrap her mind around all that had transpired, and now she had the scale and the hammer that transformed into sword. It was all a bit much, but she simply decided to go with the flow of events and would think on it more a little bit later. For now, she knew that she had a scale that apparently dealt damage to the dealer and a shape-shifting sword that once was a hammer, and it apparently could deal hella damage. She stopped glaring at Andre and was trying to decide what to do next, as it seemed that all the mayhem had finally died down. That seemed to be the case until the whole rat affair took place, and that nearly made her loose her shit. Rats were disgusting little vermin, as they had caused the black plague after all. After the rat ordeal, which gave her the shivers, she shot another death glare at DeAndre...she wasn't one to forget a misdeed done against her, and this man had cost her a hand. A second later she turned and looked for an exit.

"I have saved two of your kind now. I wouldn't have wasted such effort on such insignificant people but I am here to fulfill my deal...."

Not a sentence that she cared to hear, being one of those insignificant people that he had saved, she felt a slight bit of disgust and anger toward this demon before them. She wasn't feeling particularly compliant with those she found herself grouped with, but she figured that for the time being she should at least play the part. It was obvious that there were beings and forces out to kill them, and she believed in strength in numbers. To that affect, however, she was simply planning to use these people to her advantage. She wanted no part of whatever shit was fixing to reign down on their lives, but for the time being, it appeared that she would likely end up dead without them. She had decided the best course of action was to figure out what the actual fuck was going on, get a grasp of whatever weird powers she had and get a grasp on the tools she now held ion her hand, and after that she could ghost these strangers and strike out and survive on her own.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
DeAndre still felt bad about the whole hand incident, but that left his mind after the rat ordeal. He wasn't afraid of rats or anything, but a swarm of any creature is enough to get the heart thumping. He was mosy grateful when Miklan handled that problem, smirking as the rodents were dispatched. It was encouraging to see the use of the power that he seemed to have been granted on display, as it gave him ideas and clues as to how to use it himself. He was actually quite anxious to see what the world had to throw at him, promising himself that not only would he survive, but that he'd do whatever he could in his power to make sure that those beside him also lived.

"Alright," he started, looking to Miklan, "Can we please get the hell out of this hospital? This place has been a cesspool of bad things, and I don't think it would do us any good to continue to be here. Or, is there a reason that we were all brought here, aside from the obvious?".

DeAndre didn't mind the possible threats that lay in wait in the hospital, hopeful to prove his usefulness further, but it appeared that some didn't share the same ideas. He also wasn't too fond of Sylvia, sensing that she would much rather run him through with the sword that she now held. He felt that he'd need to keep a watchful eye on that one for sure, and got a few notions about the others that he was now seeing. Hopefully there was going to be a time for proper introductions, because he wanted to know the people that he was going to be working with. The living skeleton was the most intriguing, in his eyes, and actually sent a chill up his spine. Magic may have been a part of him, but that wasn't something he could simply accept as being real. That notion was a bit ridiculous now, considering that they had just felled an angel...or at least something that claimed to be one. He was still opposed to thinking that God would truly want them all dead, however, he would push forward, figuring that the truth would eventually reveal itself.

Last edited:
Instead of Pestilence, all Sebatsian could locate were small moving bodies with rapid heartbeats. And almost as soon as the stench from the hallway hit him, the sense was gone, but he rapidly found that he didn’t need the telesensory input to know that these bodies belonged to, for he could see and hear them now. As the rats ran into the room and were subsequently killed, he flinched, feeling some compassion for these sick creatures, despite the state they were in. Life lost in such a manner cannot be pleasant, if they were even alive at all. Judging by the screams though, they could at least feel pain, and that was enough to make Sebastian uneasy. How many ways can one abuse the living?

He listened carefully to the woman with the mask. While his reflexes were not particularly well trained, being able to absorb and remember information, even in stressful situations such as this, served him very well, and he understood the question at once. However, he did not understand how this game was played, nor what they were even fighting for. Rationally, did it seem like having one of the Four Horsemen on ‘their’ side would be a good idea? Yes. Did he know what ‘their’ side even consisted of? No.

And with that, he erred toward the side of caution. The suggestion to just leave the hospital appealed to Sebastian. That was his original goal anyway in coming down to the ground floor, and he looked at the speaker and nodded to indicate that the question was seconded, feeling that speaking here was unnecessary. He awaited the response, eager to leave. The blood of the rats felt sickly, and the sight and smell unnerved him further. Even grabbing a bottle of antiseptic to douse himself in on the way out was starting to sound reasonable.

Victoire turned from the other reapers and headed towards the small bandaged girl. Her gut instinct to mother her was rearing its ugly head and she had to do something for her. She stopped in front of the small girl and lowered herself to be closer to her height. "Hold on, I can fix some of this and make you feel better." She told her softly, reaching out to gently place her hands on the girl's shoulders. She looked between the girl and the older boy, making sure he didn't try to rip the girl away from her before she could do anything.

It felt like pushing herself into the girl, when she used some of her 'powers' to heal the wounds that were now decorating her body. A few moments later and the major wounds were healed, she left the smaller ones, only really concerned with making sure that she wouldn't bleed out while they dealt with the Horsemen. "I'll fix the rest after, okay?" She said softly, brushing her hand over the girl's cheek before standing and turning back towards the door.

She outright ignored the smell that came from the rats and the hallway, it just reminded her of home and she refused to be affects by that. "We can't leave, there's obviously a reason as to why we're here," she said, looking over at Miklan before taking a deep breath, trying to calm her racing pulse as she recollected what remained of her control over her powers.

She rolled her shoulders before moving to stand closer to the door, pulling what was left of her energy to the forefront to make sure that she wouldn't fall right away. She knew she might, but at least she could give the others a chance to collect themselves before they were attacked by the Horsemen. She had no clue how to break this 'seal' that they were talking about but she figured that if she gave them the time, they could figure it out.

The girl had been beside Tsubasa as she looked unhappily at the demon, her eyes beginning to taint with anger. Her hand still gripping his tightly, as he finally fell onto his knees as she collapsed to the floor beside him. Her body had unfortunately given into the pain that wracked her body. The demon who had saved Tsubasa seemed to care little for this girl... It was almost as if she hadn't even noticed her at all.

The girl's eyes looked upon Tsubasa as the watery bile spilled from his mouth. The same dead eyes kept their focus on him as the tears slowly began to fall from his eyes. She couldn't relate to this. She could remember many times she had cried in her history but the last time she had done it...

She bit her lip as she slowly pulled her arm before him and presented her palm near his face. Almost touching the vomit, but appearing to not care of such things. She could feel the disease pulsing throughout her body as her breathing continued to become more ragged. The cracks in her scorched scarred skin were beginning to pour blood and pus from the openings in her flesh. The bandages falling away from her as it continued to reveal the ugliness of her wounds.

This wasn't the girls intent and as Tsubasa noticed her actions, a ghostly mist appearing within the palm of her hand. The same spiritual energy that the demon had taken to save the young man's life. She was offering this to him and desperately begging with her eyes for him too take. She had given the last of her strength to this action and awaited her fate.

She had told him that she could take powers it shouldn't have surprised him that she could have had taken this demon's as well. Though she had suffered consequences for taking the power that Pestilence has used against them... What kind of terrible things could arise from this?

Tsubasa would need to decide. If he hated her, he could allow this to be her finality. If he cared about her... He could also allow her to not face this pain any longer. It appeared she wouldn't hold any resentment towards him as she simply waited.

This was not the first time she had been left with burning pain. The disease slowly corrupting her body as she began to calmly close her eyes. She wouldn't expect anything from anyone. A promise she had given to herself if she would have ever woken up from that terrible nightmare. At least now, she could take solace that she would never wake again.

To her surprise, she could feel her body being lifted from the ground as she was brought back up to her feet. The coldness of her body was being supported by the warmth of his as she could feel his heartbeat. A feeling familiar to one she once had. Feeling his imperfect movements as he struggled too walk. She still offered her hand to him but accepted the help to her feet for now. The Death God watched the pair with intent as even the demon began to notice. Her reaction seemed instinctual as her body took a step before she could even think.

Miklan's gaze moved to her as she froze in her movement. He was not at his strongest and had even lost an arm to the Arch Angel. Even then, she dared not challenge him as she reverted back to her original position and smiled softly in return. She had to remember who Mictlantecutli was and she didn't seem to want to tempt him any further. No words were exchanged between the two but the knowledge of the state of their relationship made aware they were both playing a very dangerous game.

She waited and watched them silently as Miklan began to respond towards James as the Death God chuckled.

"You and I both have the lease too worry... Think Hepatitis C will truly affect us without a liver and lack of blood? Even diseases need to be alive to kill anything and such a disease, while it can affect bone, needs that life to do such a thing." Miklan seemed interested by the worry James portrayed and was curious if he had forgotten about the state of his own body. "If there is anyone here who could deal with such a thing, We may be the hardest to regenerate but of all the pacts we are also the most difficult to disease. We are particularly well matched against him it would be us. Though, he would be more difficult for the others too handle. The longer you proceed to fight against him the more diseased you will be. He wages a war of attrition and it will quickly dwell in an awful demise if we battle him for too long."

"Luckily the leader of the pact of bone is his counterpart." The demoness cut in as she looked at Miklan. "His endurance is incredible and even if that angel destroyed him it likely wouldn't have ended him as quickly as you imagine... I can actually feel it now... The dust of bone coming into my lungs as I speak. Slowly going down my throat as he prepares to explode it from inside of me... I saw how you did it to that angel. That internal bleeding wasn't simply from your beloved reapers. That internal bleeding was from something far worse than that but you were lucky he tossed you around so much so you were able to spread it. Don't think he ever realized such a thing was happening until it was too late. Smart idea though to have the bone on the ground target the places your bone had infiltrated. Makes for hitting the target perfectly as well."

Miklan didn't seem particularly happy about this Mammon continued to smile. Even when they were not in conflict things were still happening that could not be seen. Miklan was definitely someone who seemed experienced with their powers and the ingenuity he possessed was quite something as the Demon had to point out.

"As for that girl, do you honestly believe allowing the powers of angels within your kind will be a good idea? God could have intended this. What if that blood she just absorbed begins to control her? She could become a Revenant you know? And feeling that hatred that is coursing through her, she could easily become the next angel of judgement and slaughter all of you if you aren't careful." She turned the conversation towards Sylvia as she looked at the scale she possessed as well as the blood that had formed a new arm. Miklan looked at it as well though he waived the demons ideas off as he looked at her.

"I don't believe you have chosen wrong but I believe we must permanently rid of this corpse. Even though I do believe it to be valuable. There are things this demon says that definitely worry me but I allow this as a form of apology for what was done to you." Miklan responded towards Sylvia as he seemed to await her permission to rid of the body.

It was then that DeAndre's question came to his ears but before he could respond the painfully greedy woman chose to give her words instead.

"You want to leave? The safest place no less?" The woman gave a faux gasp as she looked at DeAndre her expression one clearly of mock surprise. She slowly moved her hand before her as she aimed her palm gracefully towards the exit. "You may go ahead young one, no one is stopping you but let me reiterate what is happening currently in the outside of this building. A war between reapers, demons, and angels is taking place and the last of humanity are trying to find comfort in a city that is being protected solely by Izanami. Though, that part is not even closely significant in comparison to what is happening here, inside this place. Do any of you truly believe this place to be just some hospital?"

She looked at each and every one of them as her cold eyes tried to find what they were thinking. Taking in any movements or features as she continued her speech. "This place has taken many different shapes throughout its existence. Caves, huts, homes, graveyards and even battlefields have been its face. Though, its name has changed often by your kind but I believe now the most correct term would be to call it purgatory."

There was a small moment of silence as Miklan finally spoke out to them all and confirming the words the demon had said. "This is a place for all souls who have yet to be decided upon. It is a place where you all will be making a decision on not only the future of this planet but the heavens and the underworld beneath it. People like you, are capable of changing their fate here. Though others are taking that gamble and there may be at times you may fight against yourselves..." She smiled as she looked at Sebastian before giving a nod towards the young girl and Tsubasa. "And those children lead this godless place... I shall say it in a way that you all can understand. If, let us say, you murdered the arch angel. Wouldn't they simply go back to heaven and return to murder each and every one of you? Why do you think that doesn't happen? This is the reason it doesn't. His soul is trapped here and will be decided upon by this place. The same goes with Miklan, me and any other deity you successfully are capable of murdering."

The last words didn't particularly go well for Miklan as the demon began to fade away slowly. She was not gone for long though as she reappeared with her hands wrapped possessively around Sebastian as a finger delved into his inner right jacket pocket. He could feel a pair of objects fall into its confines before she gently patted his chest and whispered a final few words. "I trust you with those, so please, be careful. If we are to fight this creature they shall be better safe in your hands and this is something I am doing out of the sake of being within this alliance." She looked back towards Miklan. "While I do play a part there are moments where I truly am selfless. These will be one of those times." She finished as she left Sebastian and kept her distance from Tsubasa as she assured her meddling was finally over.

As Tsubasa helped her to walk she noticed the girl who had interfered with them before. Approaching the two with a comforting care as she came down to her knees to see the girls eyes. The girl seemed surprised as she felt the hands cover her shoulders. Feeling the slow recovery of the cracks in her arms as she felt jolts of strength returning to her. It wasn't perfect and she could still feel pain in places but it had given her time and it was something she greatly cherished. It wasn't until she realized she was speaking to her that she finally noticed her words.

"I'll fix the rest after, okay?"

Feeling the touch against her cheek afterwards made the girl tremble as she didn't seem to know what to say. She gave a lonely word of appreciation as she looked at Victoire. "Okay..."

She was still offering her essence to Tsubasa as Victoire prepared herself at the door. She didn't seem to want to tell him why he should do so but she continued to keep her arm outreached towards him. She appeared to be reinvigorated by the Reaper's help but it seemed she was still focused on the thing she had offered to him. Though, while the healing had helped there was still an immense infection spreading throughout her organs. She didn't want to face him or tell him but simply offer what she wanted and hope he understood what he had to do.

Her train of thought suddenly broke as her eyes widened in fear. She turned to warn he the young woman but a sudden rush of disease filled the entirety of the room as the mask crumpled to the floor with a massive thundering sound. The floor shook as the extravagant head piece made contact with the hospital and there it remained as two creatures took their place upon such a thing.

It had already been too late too warn. There was no longer time for preparations.

Pestilence stood beside his horse as the animal breathed heavily as it released a foul order from its maw as its Rider carried its bow before him. The bow itself appeared to be bladed as if it were to be used like a double handed sword as well. It's sharp blades were jagged and riddled with what appeared to be decaying flesh upon it.

He was ready, he was prepared and while he stared at them. He was searching for one in particular as he saw the young girl that Tsubasa had helped.

The arrow was still embedded within his waist as it jutted out his back and a trail of blood followed down his leg. His armor made up of the terrifying demonic faces with one of them no longer moving due to the arrow that had pierced its face. It also appeared to be diseased and decaying as the arrows effects had taken place.

The First horseman stood and their fury was clear. The Demon didn't seem to take kindly to her mask being treated so poorly and Miklan rose to his feet too once again face down an almighty threat.

What little rest they had was now over and it was now time for Sebastian to be introduced to what terrifying powers would be unleashed when Gods collide. Though this one was not alone, and its horse stood viciously awaiting for its orders to be told.

Horse.jpg
Cbcqc5u.jpg

It was now time to face the horse and the first Rider.

(@Kobold , @Ur Degaton , @WanderingWriter , @Wister , @Zahara )

Last edited:
"As for that girl, do you honestly believe allowing the powers of angels within your kind will be a good idea? God could have intended this. What if that blood she just absorbed begins to control her? She could become a Revenant you know? And feeling that hatred that is coursing through her, she could easily become the next angel of judgement and slaughter all of you if you aren't careful." She turned the conversation towards Sylvia as she looked at the scale she possessed as well as the blood that had formed a new arm. Miklan looked at it as well though he waived the demons ideas off as he looked at her.

Sylvia glared back at the demoness, irritated at the assumption and not particulary liking that she had become the center of attention for a moment. Though, she wondered at the words, curious if such a thing could happen. She figured that she'd have willpower enough to deal with such a thing if it came to pass, not wanting to dwell on the uncertainty of it all. She listened to Miklan's proposal about disposing the body and agreed, simply giving him a nod of approval. Stepping back from it all.

She was poised to finally tell off the demon, but found herself unable. It wasn't because she didn't know what she wanted to say or how to go about expressing her disapproval of everything that was happening. If only it were for those reasons. Apparently a new nightmare had found its way to them in the form of a Horsemen. Pestilence, to be exact. The horse, itself, was disgusting and made her want to bolt. Yet, she found herself rooted in place, her mind not quite able to fully cope with what was happening, though her most basic of instincts were fighting to keep her in control.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DeAndre hoped that he wouldn't have to worry about Sylvia slaughtering them all, because he knew that he would certainly be one of the first slain, if that were to be the case. He had no time to worry about such things while standing there listening to the demon talk, however, seeing as things seemed to be moving from bad to worse. It appeared that they had a task to complete, but lo and behold, a Horsemen has appeared. Now, he was all up for a good challenge, but this was seemingly getting a bit out of hand real quick. The good news, though, was that he had gotten a great deal of new ideas about ways to possibly use his powers after having listened to the demon explain how Miklan had used his and seeing the various things that he had done. He cracked his neck from side to side, still shaking off the experience from the backlash of the scale, that Sylvia now held, and wondered how things were going to progress from here. One "Angel" had nearly ended them all, and now they faced a Horsemen and his very gross stead.

"This fucking sucks," he scoffed under his breath, chuckling at the string of bad luck they seemed to have, and knowing that it was likely only going to get worse from here.

If the mist cupped in the girl's hand was anything like what had been taken from him by Mammon, then perhaps what he'd felt was no hallucination. And perhaps if he took it from her, she'd heal as Tsubasa himself had. If there was that chance, he'd take it and deal with the consequences later.
He stepped towards Mammon, reaching out to grasp the girl's spirit in his hand where he squeezes it tight. He bows to the masked demon.
"Ame-no-Uzume," he addresses reverently, doing his best to cover up the anxious wavering in his voice, eyes glancing towards Pestilence every few seconds. "In exchange for your kindness to me, please allow me to serve you until I better understand this situation that I've been placed in. I ask that in return you grant me something, anything with which I can be of some use to you *kami*, instead of continuing to cower from these impure spirits."
Hiroto Tsubasa hated how pathetic he sounded, but he didn't see much other choice. Despite his shortcomings, the girl had entrusted him with something precious. To fail to protect it would be the highest of dishonors.

Last edited:
This lobby was the setting for all sorts of fantastic events that Sebastian had never even considered the possibility of. However, it seemed that this place was chosen, and so was he? Truly, he was uncertain as to whether or not he even believed in fate, but he supposed there were at least decisions that could be made by higher powers, though he did tend to hope that he was the agent of his own actions in most ways, and had simply ended up here by chance.

With explanation, the possibility seemed less and less likely. Purgatory. To decide the fate of worlds, both of the living and dead - it was much more than he could have ever expected. A faint mirage of his past life came to mind. He didn’t deserve this power, not after he was only here to prove he was good. But then, perhaps this was a test of his virtue. He couldn’t be sure though, given the contradictory nature of fate and free will.

At the demons presence around him, he stood very still. He was startled by her presence, and his face paled. It wasn’t that he avoided touch, but he minimized it when possible. The lingering perception of grime on his skin from the rats of Pestilence did not do anything to help the sensation of being violated.

While he had mostly decided upon remaining in the hospital to do what he could to be a positive force in the world, he became anchored to it through her gift to him and his supposed allies. She implied it would be of use, and he wondered how much others knew of their individual strengths and weaknesses. Not that his was particularly concealed in anyway, especially not to anyone with experience with the Pacts, but the same wariness was also turned to Miklan. It wasn’t enough to not ally with the death god, but just added to how disturbing the situation was.

Sebastian noted the healing that had occurred in this room - he was impressed at the regenerative abilities of others to a degree, being a skill that he himself did not have, largely. But his mind only glazed over this feeling, as it was heavily diluted by the anxiety of what was to come.

When Pestilence came, Sebastian made an effort to clear his mind to some degree, to at least determine how to face this threat. All he could think of was, at the very least, he could likely use white blood cells in the recently collected blood to front immune responses when necessary, but then what? In thinking back to the conversation that had occurred previously, he remembered something about a seal? That he was and could again be a death god? And the girl.

He saw the attention on her now. The girl that he had not paid much attention to before, due to all the rats and the general sensory overload from pestilence. He saw the arrow and made sense of the situation. He very slowly backed away as he turned to have his right side face the Horseman. His goal was to be unintimidating. He felt that movement alone would draw attention to himself, so maybe if he made a motion of retreat in the process, he would be paid less mind to. In doing this, he held onto the front opening of his suit jacket with his right hand, and attempted to determine what was put inside his pocket with the other.

All the while, he kept his attention on the grotesque Horseman, but never looked directly at his eyes. The thought crossed his mind that retreat indicated weakness, and such did disease prey on, but he figured that there was no point in questioning his course of action now, and he did want to know what sort of objects he now had? Whether they were of use in battle or simply something to protect would be yet to determine, and truly he doubted whether he would recognize the shape if it was any artifact of the supernatural.

Reactions: TheDevil'sGame
James swallowed hard as the furious Horseman ominously appeared before the sorely unprepared group. If it wasn't for the fact that he had another death god on his side, he'd probably of fled by now. Even so, he knew he wouldn't be able to do much if he used all of his energy at once like last time. James held his breath as he waited for someone to make a move. If Pestilence didn't kill him, then the tension surely would. It's so thick you could literally see it, or maybe that was just the grim miasma of sickness the Horseman passively irradiated. He sure as hell wasn't going to attack first. But if push comes to shove, he would use the Aztec warriors Miklan gifted to him to at least buy the younger and less mentally prepared individuals of their group some time to escape. But he knew they wouldn't have anywhere to run, the universe was closing in on them and fast.

Victoire stumbled back a step when the horse passed through the door, a pained gasp exiting her. She had a love for animals and this one just gave her a sense of pure sadness. She outright ignored the rats, she would start screaming if she paid too much attention to them and moved back a few steps to try and slow the feeling of disease travelling through her. Her regenerative abilities were already working to keep her alive for more than five minutes but she slowed the feeling down as much as she could, wanting to keep some of her strength to help the others if they needed her. She wasn't sure if they would but she wanted to provide some help since she knew there wasn't much she could do against this enemy. At least she was able to take flesh off of the angel but this thing she wasn't sure how to fight.

Maybe there would be nothing she could do against it but she would try. Shaking slightly at the view before her, she looked around the room quickly at the other reapers, Miklan and Mammon, wondering who would take the first step and attack. It wouldn't be her, that she knew for sure. Her powers were not the best used in attack, they were best used in healing and sneaky attacks that would be far too easily viewed in such a silent and stagnant room. She forcibly kept her arms at her sides, wanting nothing more than to wrap her arms around herself in a silly attempt to protect herself. What would happen now?

The gaze of the First Horseman was cast upon them all as he took a moment to exhale a deep breathe followed by noxious fumes as the smoke escaped his lungs. Giving each being in the room a brief glance as if etching their faces within his memory. Finally ending this swift motion as he eventually rested his eyes upon Tsubasa. The covering shielding his face did little to prevent the uneasy feeling which began to invade any vulnerable surface among the young man's body. Jerking his attention away, he looked towards the scene of the Death God. The skeletal form sitting calmly beside the body of the fallen arch angel. This only caused the horseman to clench his bow as he slowly raised his weapon towards the Patron God of bone.

This action was immediately interrupted as Mammon used her own body to block his view. Demanding his attention with this action as Pestilence appeared intrigued. He guided his empty hand towards the five remaining spires which remained settled on his back. The sharp protrusions were sickly and black and didn't particularly appear natural as he broke one of these segments and settled it within the confines of his bow. He waited there, patiently as the demonic woman gave him a small smile.

Even one of the four respected a demon of this caliber and it appeared conflict was only mere moments away.

As these events began too transpire, a radiating pain began too spread from Sylvia's hand. Accompanied by a violent pounding that wracked her head it felt as if the blood inside her was fighting back against her body. Mammon seemed to notice this as she gave a careful glance towards Sylvia before giving her attention too Miklan.

"It appears that I shall be taking the lead of this one... All of you did well on killing Raquel but we face a different trial this time. We are not looking to kill him but too free him. If that is not possible then we shall do what we must. I will not be against any of you taking the greedier and easier option here. I believe simply trying to kill him to be the rational option here. Since this girl has given permission to rid the body it will also be out goal to protect Miklan. So stay focused. Let us attempt at fighting Pestilence." Mammon calmly spoke to them as she seemed prepared and readied for this conflict.

Miklan gave his trust to the Demon as he placed his focus on the carcass before him. Opening a dark violet portal underneath the body as a few spiritual arms began too attach themselves to the body. Gripping the angel with their fingers as they began to force the body through the opening. Even then, the remains seemed to resist as Miklan placed the entirety of their strength and focus into this event. His hope would now be for them to survive long enough so he could join them once he finished. Having this here could be extremely dangerous especially with the God of Pestilence around. It required attention even if it meant one less within this fight.

DeAndre could feel the sickening feeling spread as he cursed at the unfortunate situation. The vile sensation spreading as he was not alone with this feeling. It was as, the demoness had said, the longer they waited to take action the more sickly and disgusting they would feel. This was what the creature was simply waiting for as the longer they took the more drastic their situation became. He wanted them to be desperate.

There was a brief moment of silence as no one seemed eager to take the first move. The horse itself having remained loyal as it remained at the side of its master as it kicked its legs eagerly.

Even though the silence was broken by this there was someone else who no one expected that disrupted it even further as Tsubasa approached the currently maskless demon. Her mask still remaining underneath the feet of the horseman as well as his stead. She didn't seem particularly upset about revealing her beautiful face but her eyes did occasionally drag upon her item as she looked in surprise at the reaper approaching her. The reverence Tsubasa had shown caused her eyes too narrow as he offered her a respectful bow. She carefully listened to his words as she could feel her bones tighten as Miklan obviously didn't appreciate what was happening.

"In exchange for your kindness to me, please allow me to serve you until I better understand this situation that I've been placed in. I ask that in return you grant me something, anything with which I can be of some use to you *kami*, instead of continuing to cower from these impure spirits."

Mammon hid her shock as she looked beside the young man too the sickly girl at Tsubasa's side. Her health was steadily returning as she kept her eyes locked upon that of the Demon. She was impressed at the ingenuity that this young girl had shown at saving her own life but she truly wondered if the child could trust this Reaper with her existence.

Especially now with the reaper giving some allegiance too the God of Greed.

The girl breathed heavily as the disease began to leave her body. Even as she returned too her normal state, there was a dirty feeling still engaged around her as she knew that Pestilence was not so pleased at her health returning. She tugged on Tsubasa's arm as she tried to pull him away before noticing the horseman raising his bow and taking aim.

She panicked and screamed as the Demon noticed the action as well and pushed the pair roughly away from her as she tossed her hand towards the floor as a pair of cubes spun wildly from her hand. The horseman followed the girl with his bow as he fixed his aim at her as the Demon shouted through the panic.

"I offer you a gamble! An arrow for an arrow!" She spoke swiftly as the horseman paused as he seemed intrigued by her words. The two spinning pieces dancing rapidly before the demon as they expected an answer to this bet.

"I'll offer you one free shot that I promise will not be impeded by anyone here... In exchange, if you fail, I demand you to tell me where that angelic sigil is." She kept her words short as the dice seemed impatient as they began too wobble slightly. "Will you take the offer?"

The Horseman nodded as he looked upon the dice on the floor.

"I laid the stakes so you must make the call... High or low?"

"High." The voice was clear as well as it was direct. The authority it held was of someone who was certain about their purpose and what they would accomplish. And as the dice settled on the cold ground of the floor, the first horseman moved swiftly as he turned his arrow as he fired his arrow as it exploded with intense speed and found its way towards the Demon.

The dice on the floor were tiny but the numbers displayed on the wooden surface were clear. One of them was already a dreaded numeral as it clearly displayed the number five to the ceiling. The one that settled beside it must have been a one for the Death God too fail.

It was six.

The answer was clear as the makeshift arrow smashed through the right eye of the demon as it cleanly went straight through her skull. Pieces of bone and flesh fell too the floor as Mammon stood there. Perplexed as she looked at the horseman as her vision began to waver and she could feel the intensity on the right side of her face. The arrow had slid across the floor as it settled before the feet of Sebastian, drenched in demonic blood and brain matter. It was clear this thing had definitely found its mark.

"Damn... You convinced me... Thought for certain you would go for her..." The demon smiled as she raised an arm. Offering whatever last bit of strength she could provide as her mask immediately reacted to its owners peril and snapped shut like a Venus fly trap. The sharp prongs on the mask acting like teeth as the horseman's steed escaped the entrapment with only one of its tails being ripped from its body. The horseman himself was much less lucky as the he was pierced from both sides of his abdomen. Keeping hims still as the pressure caused blood to leak from the wound on his stomach.

"Wish you children luck." She gave them these final words as she collapsed too the floor as she lay there motionless. The disease was clearly spreading throughout her wound as her breathing began too slow.

There was now nothing between the horseman and the reapers as he looked towards where his arrow fell. Noticing Sebastian as he raised his hand and pointed towards the man. The Horse responded instantly as it began too charge with ferocity in the direction of the arrow.

The horse was only a few strides away from Sebastian as it raised its weapon in preparation to spear the Reaper.

Miklan could not believe what had just transpired and he could no longer keep his focus on the angelic body as he quickly abandoned the effort as the portal disappeared. He rapidly turned as he watched the animal charge towards Sebastian as he proceeded to slam his remaining arm into the floor. A giant skeletal arm suddenly appeared beneath the creature as it was suddenly rocketed into the ceiling. The weapon slighlty grazing one of Sebastian's cheeks with how close the steed had gotten as Miklan turned too face him.

"You! Keep that arrow away from him! Do not allow him to have it!" Miklan ordered him as he then turned towards Sylvia as he began to bark orders to each and every one of them.

"Sylvia! Get to that demon! Use that blood of yours too heal her! Do it before she's dead!" The Angelic blood did have amazing healing powers with their previous battle with the Arch Angel and it wasn't a terrible idea but she must make her way there first if she wanted too help.

"The rest of you, protect her!" He responded towards James, DeAndre, and Tsubasa as the first horseman began to summon a horde of mosquitoes as the cloud of angry insects began to make their way towards the group with needle like appendages as well as sharp protrusions coming from their legs.

They raced towards them all before suddenly making their way towards the demon. Even though she had been barely clinging to life there was a small pool of blood which had found its way around Mammon's hand. It appeared she had a cut on it but this wasn't a detail that she had expressly shown. Regardless, as the mosquitoes came towards her, they began to viciously fight against one another as they attempted to drink from it. Goring each other and ripping their wings and their limbs. It seemed that greed had overtaken them.

It seemed the God of Greed had at least anticipated this far and even if she were too die she would be a thorn in the God of Pestilence's side.

He didn't appear to be pleased as his mosquitoes began to cannibalize one another as he cracked another one of his spines as there only remained three more attached too his back.

Miklan looked over to James as he hoped he would be able to use what he had given him. He couldn't move his arm and he was too weak too temporarily repair his other one. Preventing the horse from fighting them was the best he could offer.

He noticed Victiore as he remembered the question she had asked about what the demon would wish from her and he believed he had found the answer.

"She wishes for you to save her." He responded as he looked at the body of the arch angel which remained beside the two. "And I believe we have something here we can use too assure that. Quick, use that body, don't allow him to take another shot. I believe the next would be at me and once that occurs. The rest of you will be hunted one by one. Make it count." He responded as he clenched his teeth in the terrifying grin that had always remained carved upon his face.

The girl was still laying on the floor with Tsubasa as she seemed stunned at what had just happened. She imagined herself to be dead at that moment but now they were required too fight. She listened too the words Miklan offered by saving the demon and she didn't particularly agree with it but at the current state of the situation she believed there to be no choice. She quickly pushed Tsubasa to his feet as she spoke calmly beside him.

"If you want to help her... You need too fight. I can give you the power of anyone here you demand. It will be temporary and it will come with its own consequences... Just ask, and I shall give... I don't know where my other brothers and sisters are but I feel they are afraid to face this thing."

And this began the second conflict with the God of Pestilence. The First horseman.

(@WanderingWriter , @Kobold , @Wister , @Ur Degaton , @Zahara )

(I apologize for the long wait but this fight shall be interesting and the dice were done at random. Unfortunately this seems to have gone almost the worst outcome for the lot of you as if it landed on twelve. Things would have been certain but luckily the roll was at eleven but as of this moment that dice game will be placed on hold as saving the life of this demon while finding the sigil on this horseman shall be your priorities. Good luck and hope you guys find this fun!)

With his hand in his jacket pocket, Sebastian held the new objects and rolled them between his fingers only for a moment before removing it. They were smooth spheres and reminded him of glass marbles, not that he knew what they truly were or anything significant about them. He tensed upon eye contact with the First Horseman, and waited until he was no longer being directly stared at before removing his hand from his pocket slowly and letting both hands rest at his side, in a dishonest portrayal of readiness.

The reaper was thoroughly surprised by the next events, and only released the breath he had been holding as the demon began to speak. To free him… what a proposition. Perhaps Sebastian might have felt pity for this creature and fellow evil doer, trapped in the shackles of his condition, but the situation was not particularly conducive towards feelings of sympathy. Not that Sebastian wanted to kill Pestilence either. He had no such inclinations other than to remove himself from the situation, but he fought this. Retreat was not the honorable decision.

At the sudden escalation of the conflict, Sebastian was somewhat puzzled by the dice, but of course he understood the concept of gambling. And it was a gamble lost. His eyes automatically followed the movement of the arrow that slid towards him, and then looking straight into the face of the beast charging towards him. While he had been considering attempting to save the demon who had only been kind to them thus far, these thoughts were quickly overcome by the instinct of self preservation as well as Miklan’s orders.

He bent down quickly to snatch the arrow from the ground, having little issue with the flesh and blood on it due to the haze of conflict. Similarly, he did not pay much mind to the scrape on his cheek - it was such a minor concern in comparison with fleeing from direct injury.

Intentionally keeping away from the fallen demon and those who might try to heal her, Sebastian hastily looked around the room, looking for something to fight with, but then what was he truly going to do with anything that might happen to be present in a hospital lobby? Better would be to use magic, but, being completely inexperienced with any offensive capabilities, he was uncertain of this. Again he thought of white blood cells: he had been thinking of them as a defensive capability, but offense?

His movements slowed as the monstrous steed seemed to be incapacitated, as least for now. He took a few more uncertain steps further away from the demon and shifted his gaze toward the First Horseman without turning his head, and without focusing on his face. Taking the flask out of his pocket, Sebastian waited for a moment with uncertainty as for what move to take. He was thinking that the next time that his opponent appeared engaged in offense that was not directed at him, he would attempt to carry out his plan. He noted that an opportunity might have been when the Horseman was summoning the mosquitoes, but everything has been moving too quickly for efficient action.

His plan was a madman’s fantasy, but it was the only conclusion he could come to. He was not athletic by any means, and was anticipating getting killed or grievously injured in his attempt, but what other option was there? Hoping that the others would provide some distraction at the very least, and be successful in hindering the Horseman so that the sigil could be located at most, he kept relatively still in an effort to keep a low profile, holding the arrow in his right hand, parallel to his forearm and his side, and the flask in his left.

Then, noticing that it was only one arm of the Horseman that was free, he mustered up further courage. He had been afraid of another arrow, but that could not occur at this point, so after another few moments, and after the others had likely sprung into action, he ran towards the side of the Horseman, hoping to be somewhat lost in the commotion despite his relatively direct path and objective. As he ran, he inverted the flask once and then took the top off. It occurred to him that he might still be pierced by the other’s free hand, and when he was just out of reach of the other, he changed direction to become closer and then forced the blood out of the flask at the open wound Pestilence had sustained from the mask.

The hope was that the white blood cells in the just collected fluid would be able to enter through the said wound. Ideally, these could travel through Pestilence’s bloodstream and cause him to have difficulty breathing, due to complications with the lungs. To some degree, however, Sebastian was sacrificing his control over the blood with the will to get away from the situation, as he now attempted to retreat before further focusing his attack. He had already had to quickly move the blood from the flask to the wound in an accurate manner, and micromanaging the cells proper was more concentration than he could afford.

Last edited:
The power of anyone else? He did not know their powers. Except for one.
"Pestilence," mutters Tsubasa, getting up to his feet with the girl's help. I speak in Japanese, to ensure the other reapers wouldn't be able to understand me. "His is a disease, and it has turned him into a heap of rotted flesh. But there is more than one kind of pestilense. Give me the power, if you can, of decay - the fungus that grows upon rot soon turns it to fertile soil, ripe for-"
He stops, watching the other so-called reaper rush forward to attack the horseman. This was their chance! He grabs the girl by the hand, turning to flee the battle down another corridor.
/ / / / /
sabbas-apterus-pg-d01.jpg
Sabbas Apterus, who prefers to go as Sid, had forgotten his name a long time ago and instead used the inscription on his wrench to name himself. He had gotten lost in a lot of places before, but never a hospital as he was now. He'd crawled out of his grave in a backyard of a Chicago suburb, behind a house that had been abandoned when he'd been buried there. He'd left town when he his patron gave him the sign, and he proceeded to make his way to Japan by way of stowing away on a cargo ship, accidentally convincing the sailors that the ship was haunted in the process due to a few careless mistakes. As Tokyo burned, he had sought out the untouched hospital, only to find its halls and pathways endless and labyrinthine. He had kept hearing fighting, failing to reach it, and stopped to collect himself in a breakroom for a few minutes. As he leaned against a filing cabinet, sleeves rolled up while he sipped a coffee, he spotted a young boy and younger girl sprinting down the hall outside. He got his coats on, grabbed his weapon and the cup of joe, and followed a trail of blood drops in the direction he had come from.

The seasoned reaper kicked open the double doors, strolling into the warzone with a sip of his coffee. Wrench slung over his shoulder, he raises his voice to address the group. "Howdy! Sorry I'm late to the party, ladies and gents." He turns to look at the object of the other reapers' aggression, then spits the coffee from his mouth in shock. A motherfucking horseman, this early in the game? He didn't expect God to send out his rooks while the rebellion was still moving their first pawns onto the board. Sid leans over, wincing as his joints creak in protest, setting his coffee on the floor and straightening up. His spine pops as he stretches it, then hefts the wrench - bolt clasped in its teeth, which in turn secured a sawblade and the whole mess welded together - off his shoulder and into his waiting hand. Those near him would notice that he smells of freshly dug earth, with a hint of cigarette and mouldy basement.

John Salem (@Ur Degaton) would recognize him as somebody he was once paid to kill. The details of that are up to him, as despite having seen the former hitman Sid does not seem to recognize him.

Last edited:
John grunted as he took out the summoning artifact given to him by Miklan and threw it in front of the group. Truth be told, He didn't quite know how to activate it, so throwing the artifact and hoping the activation was automatic was his best bet. He even pushed some of his own energy into it just in case the gift required some kind of soul recognition to work. Some might question why John didn't just ask Miklan how to activate it. But the answer was simple. In the face of certain annihilation it is hard to speak amidst the forebodingly intense nature of the situation. John was scared, and thus found it very hard to speak without revealing the weakness in his voice.

The arrival of the newcomer didn't do anything to help with John's stress. He recognized the man as they strolled into the battlefield wielding an intimidating looking wrench. He couldn't remember the man's name as the ex hitman usually forgot his targets names as soon as the job was done. The chances that a man he was hired to kill all the way back in his American homeland would come back to haunt him was astronomically unlikely. Almost as if the universe was taunting him in some way by having him confront the shadows of his past. Despite knowing that the man wouldn't recognize him in his skeletal form, he couldn't help but feel nervous.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doom Spiral
A shit-show, that is what this all had turned into. Sylvia was in shock of everything that was happening, but had enough sense to simply let her body react to commands. It seemed that they were getting fucked over one moment at a time, having barely any room to breathe before the next calamity decided to grace them with its presence. She felt overburdened, having the scale and the angel's weapon in hand, and now she had to go save some demon from an even worse demon.

"This is bullshit!" she shouted to herself as her legs began to carry her toward the downed demon, who was swarmed by plaque [FONT=Josefin Sans, sans-serif]mosquito. [/FONT]

[FONT=Josefin Sans, sans-serif]Miklan said that her blood could save the demon. That revelation began to sink in after she began to move. Just what in the hell was she suppose to do exactly? Was she suppose to do; cut her hand and pour the blood into the demon's mouth? That sounded like a possibility, and so did pouring it into the gaping wound that had been violently blasted into her face. She figured that she'd play it by ear once she got there, her legs carried her down the hall toward what felt like imminent death. Her hands clasping the tools in them so tight that her knuckles were white. [/FONT]

[FONT=Josefin Sans, sans-serif]"Back me up, asshole!" She shouted as she went into a power-slide to the downed demon. The plan was simple: Place scale next to her, so she could snatch it with ease, use sword to cut new arm, cover demon's face with blood, and figure it out from there. [/FONT]

[FONT=Josefin Sans, sans-serif]The more she thought about it, the dumber it sounded, but now wasn't the time to try to scramble her brain. She hoped that things worked out and that she'd have enough support to get the job done. Even if she wasn't completely onboard with all the shit that was going down, it was very much clear that they all needed as much assistance as humanly and otherworldly as possible.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DeAndre was a few paces behind Sylvia, having stopped about 10 yards from the girl's destination, so he could see all that was happening. A new player seemed to enter the field, but it seemed that they were an ally, so he didn't take his eyes off of his task. The demon seemed to have attracted the mosquitoes to her open wound, which he would use to his advantage, seeing as they were all gathered in one spot. He also caught notice of the one moving toward the Horsemen, and figured that he'd try to give some back up there as well. [/FONT]

[FONT=Josefin Sans, sans-serif]He was still feeling a bit uneasy after having faced the power of the scale from earlier, and high-level magic was gonna be a bit of a hassle. However, he grinned as he held his right hand out toward the blood suckers, bracing his wrist with his left hand. Concentrating his energy, his hand glowed for a moment before firing out a concentrated stream of fire toward the gross bugs. Once he managed to stabilize that arm, he pointed his left toward the horsemen and let rip the same spell. [/FONT]

[FONT=Josefin Sans, sans-serif]It was incredibly exhausting and he doubted that the horsemen would be affected too much by it, but he figured something was better than nothing. At the very least, it might be distracted and possibly turn its attention on him....a thought that he wasn't too fond of. The last thing he wanted was to end up like the demon on the ground, a heap on the floor with a gaping hole through the face. Unlike her, he wouldn;t have the luxury on somehow managing to cling to life, it would most certainly be game over. He just hoped that he'd be getting some assistance in his efforts, the thought reminding him of watching someone run off....they were going to get a serious talking to, if he managed to make it through this.[/FONT]

Once the room exploded into movement, Victoire staggered back towards the fallen demon and Sylvia, using them to duck behind to get closer to the body of the dead angel. “If you drip the blood onto the head wound, that might work,” she called out to Sylvia as she passed behind her, moving quickly but trying to remain hidden so her idea had some chance of working. She didn’t know if this would work but she was going to try.

She dropped to her knees beside the dead angel, doing her best to ignore any rats, mosquitoes or anything else that came at her, focusing her mind on the body in front of her. She figured that Miklan wanted the body gone and she would eventually do that but she needed it first. This wasn’t something she had done before so she was concerned it wouldn’t work or if it did work, how she would reverse it. “Here goes nothing,” she said, mostly to herself before placing her hands over the heart of the dead angel.

Victoire’s first priority was restoring the body back to what it was when it first attacked them. She couldn’t work with the blood but flesh and bone was easily molded into its old form and reattaching a head was simple. The next step, and the one she was most concerned with, was the reanimation.

She let out a long exhale, reaching inside herself for that force that somehow had kept her alive long enough to attempt this foolishness. She grasped it tightly and sectioned off a small part, detaching it from the rest. She felt weaker now, like a gust of wind could knock her over but she was this far in, committed, she had to finish it now. She was glad she had learned how to distance herself from her surroundings long before this or she would never have been able to focus long enough to do this. She took that small piece of herself and forced it down her arms and into the chest of the dead angel, watching the body as it twitched.

Victoire sighed in relief as it stabilized and then started to move with a purpose. Even looking at it, you could tell it was wrong, it’s eyes were blank and the body moved with a stiffness it hadn’t had before but it was enough. It couldn’t think for itself but it was what she needed. She didn’t need to voice what she wanted it to do, maybe this was the joy of having it connected to her in such a way, she simply thought of her goal, having the horseman stop shooting and the zombified angel took off towards its target.

The decorative scrape upon Sebastian's cheek began to sizzle as a prickling feeling began to invade the opening within his flesh. The unsavory sensation would soon be overtaken as his fingers hurriedly reached too grip the makeshift arrow that lay upon the floor. The heat within his hand immediately vanished as he could feel an incredible warmth appear within the pit of his stomach. A drowning feel began to infiltrate the confines of his lungs as he began to struggle for each one of gasping breaths.

This had given Sebastian a tiny glimpse of the grueling horror that the demon herself must have been facing.

The Horseman stared as he had shown little reaction even towards the savage teeth that continued to penetrate his body. His gaze remaining locked on Sebastian as he seemed to have the entirety of his focus on the lone Reaper. Curious to see what they would do and demanding of them action as each and every second wasted was only assuring that Pestilence would conquer them all. Every second making them weaker and every moment keeping the Horseman the same debilitating force they had always been.

The Horseman's interest eventually broke as he turned too face the crumpled body of the demon. The noise of a low droning filled the air as the remnants of mosquito legs and wings surrounded her. It appeared like a small graveyard of insect parts as guts and splatter garnished the bodies of the massacred insects. The remaining few that had somehow lived the ordeal were now drinking at the lake of blood that could have easily been shared en masse with the others. It was clear, even with demon's dying breaths that greed was a powerful tool and a dangerous one. Even as these mosquitoes became filled and plump with blood they continued too drink as their bodies began to constrict and burst as they then collapsed upon the floor. Dead by their own dedication to the greed that they could not satisfy. The Horseman seemed determined too end the Reaper and stared at the dice that were settled nearby. He had been lucky that her dice had betrayed their master and even more so too even take her proposition as it could have easily backfired upon himself.

Though this was the Horseman of persistence, the Horseman of endurance and the Horseman of Conquest. They would not simply fall even if outnumbered and while he was approaching the most dangerous portion of this war of attrition, he was prepared to suffer the consequences. The Reapers desperation would continue to plague them as their minds grew strained from the sickening feeling surrounding them. Even the eyes hidden by the Horseman's mask were emanating some sort a disturbing feeling towards Sebastian. His thoughts and emotions hidden as he watched carefully as the Reaper approached him with one of his arrows.

The one thing he wanted, and what would assure victory and as he closed in he used his only free and capable hand to slip it against the lips of the crown as he began to ferociously tear it open. Pressing his side deeper against the other side of its mouth as he finally was able to remove its teeth from his flesh as he raised one of his colossal legs and forced the improvised jaw too the floor. It seemed the reaper had prepared and expected all of this as he quickly pressed his arm into the fangs of the last remaining portion of the crown still trying furiously too hold him. He dug it into the flesh of his arm before ripping this portion of the crown away from the rest of its body and carrying it like a shield as he held it before him and against the assault that Sebastian prepared. It would assure no blood would come into contact with him as he prepared his shield against the offense and prepared himself for his unrelenting attack.

That was what the horseman had planned.

As the blood soared through the air from Sebastian's flask, a small chain of golden skeletons scattered across the floor at his feet. The horseman himself watched intently as their focus upon their attacker completely vanished as they stared at the ornate; pieces of John's bone began too suddenly tear and rip from the reapers body as a tinge of blood began too leak from his fingertips. It was not enough too kill him but these giant gashes easily affected his form. He could feel parts of his ribs leave him as this small form of blood united them together across these skeletons. Tightly clinging to them as they eagerly offered the sacrifice towards these warriors. Miklan had warned too use them when most needed but he hadn't likely expected it so soon. Luckily for John, he hadn't need to sacrifice flesh for these bodies but they took enough bone too make themselves living and made sure not too extend it too much too allow for their summoner's death.

Only four of these skeletons chose too rise as the blood shrouded their bones and flesh wrapped around their newly created muscle. This all happened in mere moments as the last of them stood on their newly created feet as one of them tossed the remaining skeletons towards John's direction. This seemed to be the signal for the four and they seemed to be under John's control as a red string of blood connected them to their master.

They were all prepared too die and it was now up to him how he wanted to use them.

8e41b12f6b9d942b88c74cf537d9816e.jpg
26f6e9b981957a1c57a486d27dd25367.jpg
476696976673dcd7aa0344773a80fbab.jpg
a33f88263c24d292b3190f3389910605--history-fantasy.jpg

They attacked ferociously with an intensity that was similar to the emotions John was feeling within himself.

They offered the Horseman no choice as one of them carried two stone like cleavers that collided against the metal shield, easily fracturing it and the arm that held it. Pestilence pulled his arm away as he then swung it viciously at the mans chest and causing him to careen across the floor. There were still more, as one of the others carried a weapon similar too Miklan's as he spun rapidly and rammed his wooden blade into the back of the Horseman's knee as another with spears lunged forward and stabbed his weapons into the creatures shoulders. They were definitely overwhelming the creature and John could feel their emotions and pain as they attempted too aid him. Though, even as the Horseman suffered all of these wounds it didn't seem too slow them any as they made a quick decision to grab at the arrow that remained within their stomach. They gripped it eagerly as they ripped it from their core as a flood of blood began too leave them. This bothered them little as they swung their only capable arm forward to slice the man that had pierced them with spears. Splitting him in half as his body fell too the floor in a slump.

He then swung his arm towards the other that had cut at his leg as the soldier deflected it with his shield as he stumbled back from the sheer force of the blow.

The last of these four didn't carry any weapons but it didn't mean they hadn't been equipped. Their arms were coated in blood and something remained beating within the grasp of their hand. It was a heart and it didn't seem this one would particularly get involved with the others. Though as he stood beside Sebastian he pointed towards the Horseman. The blood on his shield began to move across the broken metallic surface as the blood began to seep into the shattered arm of Pestilence. He was aiding Sebastian in his efforts and seemed too await whatever the Reaper had planned. It would need to be quick as already one of four were already lost but the others seemed eager too offer more as they stood between John, Sebastian and the Horseman.

Something caught John's eye as Pestilence tried too regain the upper hand. A small shine of light had crossed his gaze but it had been dampened by the blood that poured out of the Horseman's wound. It didn't seem to be anything natural nor a reflection from the metal the creature was carrying. Just a flash of white that had caught his eye and had vanished. Though, as he continued too look the Horseman caught his vision as it seemed all the focus had changed from Sebastian towards him.

It was only then that he began too realize that the Horseman was pronouncing the first words that any of them had ever heard. It seemed odd, strange even as he had given little noise even during the pain inflicted upon him. Not only that, the words were directly aimed towards John.

"Bet me the end of one more of these soldiers... And in exchange... I shall reveal too you my seal." The Horseman looked towards John as he raised a hand and slammed it against the floor as the dice jumped up and began too spin wildly as they seemed too await John's answer. There was only one more thing that needed too be asked. "High, or low?" The low grumbling of this creatures voice was apparent as they were certainly displeased by these actions and were prepared too risk anything.

Tsubasa had successfully escaped the situation as the rest were now entrapped within the battle that would occur. The girl didn't seem particularly happy about this but ran along with him as she gave them one last sad look as she wished the Reapers well. This was not a game you could easily escape from and one where people would need too engage in. Though, while fierce battles had become the sudden norm for these people she had hoped they would realize that there was more too this game being played as she bit her lip and closed her eyes as they escaped the room.

"Howdy! Sorry I'm late to the party, ladies and gents."

More?

This was not what Pestilence himself had wanted as he could feel the presence too the side of him. There was now no more time too await as now he was being pushed too his edge as he looked at the arrow that remained in his hand as he though of the subjects too give this too. There was only one that had to be done and as he raised his arm he proceeded too throw it across the room as it flew straight towards the newly introduced man. It whistled by him with incredible speed as it came into contact with its target.

The giant arm of bone that retained the steed exploded with pus and sickness as it crumpled too the floor.

Sabbas was suddenly dragged by his feet toward the debris as large needle like appendages began to ensnare his legs and body as they began too constrict him tightly as the horse began too scream in anger at the situation it saw its master in. It flung two large spikes from its tails as Miklan felt the two sharp protrusions gore into his eyes as he turned away from the situation.

Sylvia had made her way towards Mammon as DeAndre burned the mosquitoes that remained from their bloodied feast. Capturing them within the heat of the fire, greedily drinking what they could obtain even as they avoided any form of escape. Their greed too demanding as they sizzled in flames.

As Sylvia slid next towards the demon she could see one of her eyes watching her as the demon appeared too still be conscious despite the devastating injury. The hole through her face didn't particularly look well either as signs of infection and disease were clear as she offered her a smile and raised a hand softly seemingly oblivious towards the events that were happening.

"Never thought I would be rescued... Honestly would have imagined your kind too abandon something like me..." Even though the Demon feigned wellness it was clear that this powerful entity was clearly dying. She seemed at ease and peace with the situation as her stillness began too resemble that of a dead body. "Your kind may see me as a demon of greed, but I never agreed too such childish things... It is more like dying for something you desperately wish for... Even these pests can have such simple notions... Is it truly bad to wish for more? Is that truly greedy? Or is the issue simply the excess of anything that we should worry about?" It seemed like this demon knew she was dying and she didn't expect much from this girl as she offered her some last words too think about. Even with angels blood which demons themselves were also born of it was a serious wound and it would be up too Sylvia if she could provide anything in this chaos.

DeAndre on the other hand was setting the main focal point on fire as the horseman tore his burning arm from his body as he tossed it towards DeAndre. The massive chunk of inflamed flesh smashed into him like a log as the flame from the arm began too sear him. It continued too move as it attempted too choke him as it blazed with heat as the Horseman himself desperately tried too use his own blood too stop the fire from spreading across him.

The one thing that had always been the solution towards pestilence, plague and disease. The cleansing of fire was something particularly nasty towards the Horseman though if they wished too kill him they had found their way too proceed but if they wished too save it was something else entirely. It was now the decision too end this battle and it seemed one last thing was being used too assure such things.

The Horse though would interfere as much as it could as it ran rapidly along them all as it used its tendrils to whip and slash against them as it made its way towards its master and aided in removing the fire from his body. Still clutching towards Sabbas as it proceeded too bring him towards its mouth. The black hole that rested within the center of its face was churning with teeth and it seemed ready too make the new Reaper into his meal.

Miklan could no longer see the problems arising but from the sounds he could tell what was occurring. He pulled the spikes from his face as he felt an even worse feeling beside him as he could feel the dust of the bone on the ground shiver as he turned too look towards the sense of the presence.

“Here goes nothing,”

No.

It felt angelic but the feeling was of death as well. There was an angel of death in Azrael but this feeling was certainly not them. It still felt too alive too be anything such as the feeling of despair and emptiness began to combat the feeling of sickness and disease that was already implemented across them all. This thing was dead, that he knew but why did it feel like an angel?

83d675.jpeg

"Victoire!?" Miklan uttered but it had already been too late as he could hear the body of the Angel break free from the underworlds hold as it's arms ripped from the dark portal. Its body proceeded next as a grotesque looking figure erupted from the pool. It seemed like a corpse in every sense of the word though numerous angelic wings covered its body as if too remind everyone that it had once been an Angel as it came too its feet.

Raquel immediately charged, even with the soldiers in the way they immediately scattered as the beast made its way towards the Horseman. The Horse itself was utterly shocked as it stood its ground and used its many tentacles too wrap and ensnare around this being. Though, even as this was the case the creature began too bite and tear at the tendrils as it ripped many from the Horse's face. Causing it too shriek and scream from the grotesque slaughter that continued. The Horseman quickly looked at the deceased body of the aztec soldier before him as he took it and removed one of the arms from the body as he pulled it towards his own body as his skin began to weave into this new body part. He then proceeded to take whatever flesh he could from the body too cover and protect his wounds as his body began too take these new pieces of skin and quickly using them.

It now made sens why his body seemed too be a disgusting collaboration of bodies. As the Horseman took these new pieces for his own, it seemed that disease had only made him stronger but it was also the thing that was tearing him apart.

(@Wister , @Kobold , @Ur Degaton , @WanderingWriter , @Zahara )

(Notes: John, your choice on the bet if you wish or not as well as these soldiers are indeed yours. You can control them and it is up too you but be careful as you see they do require sacrifice. I also apologize for such along break. I just had a negative experience this month and have had help from someone I strongly appreciate. She has helped me greatly and I hope to get back on this if you guys wish too as well. I promise no breaks like this ever again and I am sorry it happened. It has been a hard month and I am still here and enjoy roleplaying with you guys and hope you enjoy post. If not I believe we can end this on a fun note but thank you all again for being a part of the roleplay and I highly appreciate it.)

(Don't think I forgot you guys or left you hanging either been writing for a long time just sometimes you face something bad and I hope I can at least still surprise you and make you entertained along the way sorry for the rush at points just needed it out and am happier with it now, So ready too continue guys?.)

Last edited: