The Devil's Triad

(@Ur Degaton , @Zahara , @WanderingWriter , @Kobold)

"Underhanded?... Is that what you believe justice is? Justice is finding the balance this world needs. If a human decides to take someones life than it is only righteous for justice to take their's away. If someone inflicts torture than torture will come to them. That is only fair, though whatever I inflict in you I shall also feel but I promise you that I can survive it more than any one of you here can." The Angel seemed thrilled about this combat as the immense feeling of pain trembled throughout their body. They seemed ecstatic about facing people who could actually fight back and they seemed even more convinced that they would be capable of winning. Even though they had a patron of death they seemed weak. They would need to back him up if they were to have any chance in this.

Miklan felt the brutality of the attacks as the hammer the angel wielded began to collide against the structures of bones Miklan continued to summon to defend himself. As the angel continued to smash through each and every one of the bones as the pieces shattered across the floor. Miklan noticed James and raised one of his arms as the searing pain began to disappear. Though while it was still there it at least allowed the Reaper to breathe a little easier now as the searing pain had dulled to a burning coal in his stomach. Not like the iron rod before but Miklan seemed to have had an idea as the pain seemed to have been summoned into Miklan's fist.

"It is time for you too choose, Justice... Raquel." Miklan grinned as he launched his hand in synchronization with James.

The Angel had suddenly realized the position he was in as he had little choice but to react as he swung his hammer towards the more valuable target, the Aztec God of Death as he felt a searing blaze rip through his arm as he yelled in anger. James has seared the Angel's hand clean off and the scale had collapsed against the floor. Though, there was barely any time to think as the hammer that ripped through the air towards Miklan as the Death God rammed his hand in response towards the hammer. The explosion was instantaneous as the ground shook and the noise blasted around them. It sent James tumbling backwards as Miklan's arm erupted from his body as he created a wall to catch him as he smashed through it before colliding into the wall of the hospital for the second time.

The Angel himself scattered across the lobby as a trail of blood streaked across the ground. Rubble, bone, and debris was everywhere. The Angel had found himself next to someone though. It was Sylvia and he noticed something else beside the woman as well. His hand holding the scale was beside her. He pressed the stub of his arm onto the ground as he brought himself back up from the floor.

He would get that scale back and he would make sure to kill the rest quickly before making those two specifically suffer. He noticed Victiore by herself as he remembered her being the reason for the bodies of flesh and noticed DeAndre as well. Maybe they all deserved to be killed slowly. Maybe, he would assure that for justice. He coughed as he made his way towards the scale as he looked at the woman who was next to it. This was not the image people imagined an angel to be, bloody, ruthless and hungry for vengeance. Even that, didn't seem to dull the belief that the angel would come out victorious.

Raquel was not someone who died easily if anything he became harder to kill as he came closer to death. Even with these God's of death around him there was an energy that invaded each and everyone of their minds.

That life was stubborn regardless of how close death came. And even if it was right beside it, life did not seem to care.

---

"Why you? Why not you? We can't make what is happening stop. It is impossible to prevent that now. The best we can do is choose ourselves what we wish too happen." It seemed a voice had responded to Tsubasa and despite all the chaos and violence surrounding him. This voice was clear and peaceful. The voice disappeared as he made his escape.

Though, as he ran he entered through the doorway as the door opened before him before shutting behind him. Despite what was happening in the previous room this place seemed eerily quiet and somehow removed from what was just happening on the other side of those doors. It seemed as if the hospital was somehow preventing all the noise but that was not the only particular thing here. There in the middle of a hallway stood a small young girl. She was staring into the wall and didn't seem to notice him as he ran.

"Chisana on'nanoko! ...You need to get out of here!"

The words hit her ears as she turned curiously to see where they came from. Her face was covered by bandages as only her eyes and mouth were capable of being seen. Her upper face from her mouth up was completely free from the binding allowing him to see her forehead and the pale skin that almost glowed in the light. She didn't seem bothered by the bandages that also covered her legs and arms and as she looked at him, she began to compare his wounds to her own as she noticed the medical dressings covering him.

"Watashi Wa, koko ni inakereba... I have to be here. You do too." The girl responded as she noticed the fear in his eyes as she looked up at him. She seemed to at least understand the pain that he was going through and potentially the fear but she seemed a bit worried and scared as she suddenly got close and hid as there was the sound of the door closing again.

Someone was walking up behind them as the girl looked at the person as she peered from Tsubasa's side as she got him to turn around and see.

Standing there was an old man wearing a professional white suit with a cane at his side. He leaned over slightly as he looked at the two in the hallway but he was not alone. A woman whose face was covered by a luxurious black veil and wore formal black clothing in contrast to the man. She also appeared fairly young and seemed to be a caretaker as she followed slightly behind the older man.

The woman began to talk as she looked towards Tsubasa and the voice was recognizable. It was the same familiar voice that had spoken to him when he was panicking and scared. It was peaceful and serene and it created a calm within this already empty and boring hallway.

"You asked to make this stop? Yes? Then here we are, to make a deal with you Tsubasa. We can promise to end it for you if you truly wish." The woman responded as the young girl clutched onto Tsubasa's clothes as she looked at the pair. Her white dress moved as if there was somehow wind in this hallway but there didn't seem nothing of the sort. Though as Tsubasa looked down at her it seemed as if her dress seemed to be moving towards the pair that had joined into their conversation.

They had not even introduced themselves yet but they didn't seem to care for such a thing. The old man had an empty expression as he had straight shoulder length hair with piercing blue eyes. Even though he hadn't spoken his gaze seemed to be interested in the two. Almost as if he was looking through them or inside of them to see what he would find.

They were a strange pair and not only that but had somehow come from the chaos that was behind the two doors. The woman seemed to be the only one who would speak and she seemed to be awaiting for Tsubasa's answer as the quietness of the hallway surrounded them all.

(I hope you Enjoy this Degaton! And I am still alive so not dead yet!)​

Tsubasa stands in a neutral posture - his arms, legs, and fingers are spread to allow him versatility in his movement, should he need to flee. He looked in confusion between the young girl, the old man, and the woman who seemed to speak with him without even moving her mouth.
"I do," he said, voice strained with stress. "I need to get out of here, and you people should to. That knight person seems intent on killing us all."
Tsubasa started walking further away from the door he had entered through, stopping to think a moment before gently gripping the girl by the arm and leading her away as well. This course took him closer to the old man and his caretaker, who obstructed the path. The young man stopped before them.
"So, please, you should evacuate with us. I'm not someone who can put a stop to this, so I really don't need to be here."

He didn't understand what the woman and child said about him needing to be here. He couldn't defend himself, and fell apart in stressful situations. What use would he be if he stayed?

James laid on the ground, on the verge of unconciousness due to the angels previous explosion. It seemed his plan had worked, scratch that, it seemed his reckless attack on the angel worked. He wasn't much of a strategist, but even he knew that it was a stupid idea. But he wouldn't of done it any other way. He was a do first, plan ahead later kind of guy.

He most likely would've succumbed to unconciousness if the angel wasn't so bright, but even so, he was happy he was able to get a shot in."Hell yeah, how does it feel?!" He mocked the angel while stumbling to his feet. "I bet you haven't had your ass beaten before," He said, walking next to Miklan while still holding his damaged side. Noticing the pain had considerably decreased.

As he watched the now handicapped angel begin to move again, he realized it was heading for scale with the severed hand him and Miklan cut off." Oh shit, Miklan, the scale!!" He told the death god, pointing to the holy relic that laid in the rubble and destruction created by their combined attacks. James didn't know what do, he was completely drained of his power and couldn't muster another attack, unless he wanted to seriously injure his soul. Aka, himself.

Last edited:
DeAndre was nearly leveled by the pain that had shot through his body, he had never anticipated such a thing happening. The pain was to the point that he doubled over and coughed up blood, his legs becoming weak and giving out under him. The hammer's explosive power didn't help much either, knocking him back on his ass, where he could barely manage to pick himself up to see what was happening. This Angel was no joke, he wanted them dead, and he didn't seem to care that he was completely outnumbered or on the tail end of a beating. The vision that he had earlier played in his mind as he watched the scene unfold before him. He wished he could throw it all away like it was just a simple dream, but it had been anything but that. He struggled to get to all fours, and then crawled to the nearest wall to use to aid himself in standing. He felt drained, and didn't even have the strength to lift his body to its feet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sylvia had been like a cactus, rooted in place and stupefied by the whole ordeal. She had been stunned from the Angel had tried to kill her up until now. Her eyes had been unfocused for a while, feeling like she was watching these events play out in a dream or something. She wasn't even knocked out of it when the powerful explosion happened and she was thrown into the wall. She did now taste that coppery blood taste in her mouth, and she could tell that her body was sore. Her surroundings were a mess; blood, half-arm holding a scale, mangled angel crawling in her direction. It was the shout that brought her focus back. Someone shouting about the scale. She reached out for the scale, snatching it up as she got to her feet, and using the scale like a bat, she was swung it at the wall to smash the angel hand off of it. She considered for a moment, bashing the angel in the face with the scale, but she feared that it would have no effect, and she'd just be giving him what he wanted. She figured, it was best to take it toward the one that had fought with the angel and ask him. "Miklan, huh?" she said as she stumbled their way, "Any chance ramming this into face will kill him?" She had been playing passenger to this whole affair, and figured it was high time they got this angel the hell out of their lives.

Victoire watched the battle before her from her knees and slowly pulled herself to her feet, ignoring the bone-deep exhaustion she felt. She looked around the room and her eyes stopped on someone she didn’t know, holding onto a young girl and speaking to an old man. He was a reaper obviously but he seemed to be running from their fight. She would not allow that to happen. Moving over to him while trying to avoid getting hit by a flying fist or shrapnel, she stopped beside him.

She could feel the pain radiating from his body and gave him a smile. “I’m Victoire, I’m a reaper just like you and if you give me three seconds, I can heal you and you can help us,” she told him, hoping and praying that he would let her. “Please, we need all of us to beat the angel. Miklan needs our help.” She looked over her shoulder to watch Miklan and the angel for a moment before her eyes went over the other reapers in the room.

She called upon her pact quickly and sent out a wave of energy towards her fellow reapers, watching the larger of their wounds heal quickly as she forced the pieces of flesh to mend together again. It forced her to wobble on her legs, normally she would only do this to one person at a time but it was required now that she opened her field of focus. She turned back to the man in front of her and gave him a pleading look.

“Please. We can only do this when all of us work together. I know you don’t know me and I don’t know you but we are both reapers, we have a connection that can be used to help others,” she said, almost begging to keep him there in the hospital. “I don’t know what pact you are but I know you can use it to help us, even if it’s just healing the others or if it’s sending something at the angel to weaken him.” Her voice was loud to be heard over the commotion behind them but she tried to keep her face welcoming, it was usually what got people to help her.

She turned around again and focused quickly on Miklan’s useless arm, feeling some more exhaustion settle in her body as she forced flesh to mold around it, making it useful to him once again. This would help the battle, having two arms was always better than one after all. She turned to the angel and watched as she made more flesh fall directly off of the angel, limiting movement even more, and certain sections, especially those around joints, turn to stone to limit his movement even more.

She turned back to the man and gave him the most pleading look she could manage.

“Please.”

"We shall offer you a deal."

The words were soothing, motherly even, as they reached his ears. Giving a calming and peaceful sense as she seemed to notice the skittish movements that Tsubasa had made.

"You cannot run forever, but we may be able to help you leave this place if you wish."

Her delicately designed veil hid wherever her eyes chose to rest. Though, despite this, she was undoubtedly staring into Tsubasa's face as she said these words. There was an odd moment of silence as the peace and serenity surrounded them all before it was eventually broken by the old man beside the young woman. He was looking at Tsubasa as well however, his gaze was the opposite of that of the woman. As his face was clearly displayed with an unamused look as a bitter cold began to run up Tsubasa's spine.

"I do not fear that angel. Nor the series of events we were all unfortunately given. It appears you have no understanding of our current situation but that truth shall be revealed to you soon." The overwhelming presence of this old man made itself clear as he spoke. He knew more than he let on and eventually tugged at the woman beside him as they began to move to the side of the hallway allowing for Tsubasa too pass.

"Just to give you a hint of advice, what this new person says to you is real. I shall continue to provide my offer if you ever wish to take it. I can free you from this place but you must offer that girl. You are an incredibly lucky one to have that one find you. She is particularly my least favorite from among them." He responded as the girl beside Tsubasa was trembling as she shook. It seemed that these two had known each other and were very aware of who the other was.

The girl began whispering words to herself though Tsubasa could only hear a fraction of some words.

"... They did it..."

---

The lobby was a mess of destruction as an immense amount of bone covered the entirety of the floor. Miklan himself had obtained lots of damage as his rib cage was also shattered from the explosive damage that the hammer had created. Though, this didn't seem to particularly bother Miklan as he reached into a pouch at his hip and began to pull a long piece of thread as he placed the end of it within his mouth. Along the thread were numerous tiny skeletal bodies that were all chained by their mouths to this thread. They were about the size of a babies hand as the Aztec death god began to crack a few of the bodies with his hand free now of the thread. As he did this, the cracked bones of his body began to heal as the remnants of his arm began to slowly appear. He did not wait for his arm too entirely heal though as he realized what James was saying was true.

He immediately raised his arm to prevent the Angel from reaching his intended target as the pieces of bone scattered throughout the floor suddenly expanded. Growing into sharp, needle like structures as they raced towards their intended target and began to pierce the angel from all angels. Slicing into his body as they forced themselves into his body.

The angel continued to move as the sharp pieces of bone began to sink deeper into his flesh but this didn't seem to bother the angel as they eventually stopped from the sheer amount of bone stabbing into him. Miklan seemed to struggle though as he continued to hold his hand in the air as he tried to prevent the angel from moving. The immense power and strength this creature seemed to have despite numerous injuries proved to the Reapers how powerful life was within the angels. Especially the Arch Angels who were in deep contrast to the Reaper's and their powers

As the violent ordeal continued, Miklan had noticed Sylvia reaching for the scale. He was unable to warn her of touching an angelic artifact, something that would undoubtedly leave to the annihilation of anything else that would touch it. It was too late now and as he watched her pick it up, he almost froze as the Arch Angel himself widened his eyes as she lifted it from the floor and smashed it against the wall to rid of his hand.

This Reaper was touching something that was specifically given to the angels. Something with an age that triumphed even the Angel itself and the God of death in this very room. These items were specifically described only to those that could wield them and any who could touch them were incredibly rare.

Even the creator, devil, and death gods had to be wary of such things. They were tools that rivaled them and it was important to keep them from being stolen by any others no matter the consequences and she had simply picked it up.

The Angel's face was in shock, despite the piercings by the thousands of needle like bones throughout his body or even losing his arm, it was this that had finally surprised this heavenly being.

As Sylvia made her way towards Miklan he looked mysteriously down at her. He could feel his grip weakening as she began to talk to him about the scale and he immediately gritted his teeth as she asked if this item would be of use against the angels face.

"What you have, is something that is known to kill Gods. Imagine what it would do to an Arch Angel and not anyone can hold such a thing. Only those that can use it can try it... Be warned though, you are no Arch Angel but any damage that is done to you will be returned back to the aggressor but make certain to live or it will simply be a one for one trade and that will offer you nothing in this situation unless you are willing to sacrifice yourself to kill this angel..."

The Arch Angel erupted from the bone as he used what was left of his arm to destroy the bone around him as he then used his hammer to smash pieces of bone towards the group of James, Sylvia and Miklan.

Miklan moved before them as he took the bones into his body as the excess bones began to form a harder and thicker casing that began to look like ancient Aztec armor.

The Angel himself was nothing like what had appeared to them at the beginning of this fight. His hand was missing, needle like bones were covering his body, and blood poured endlessly from within him. Though this seemed to bother him little and as they watched him, the bones began to fall from his body and his wounds began to slowly heal.

"When I kill you all and force you to face judgement, I shall make certain that each one of your existences are completely erased." The Angel responded as he raised his hammer. "While you may have taken my scale you have yet to remove my hammer from me and it is with this that you will all face your divine reckoning."

Miklan prepared himself as he noticed his arm being further repaired. He looked at it curiously before noticing Victoire disappearing behind the metal doors. He could feel a chill throughout his bones as the doors eventually closed. The healing the Angel had attempted had slowed even further from Victoire's actions and at least allowed them further breathing room as they awaited on whoever would strike first.

Though, there was something else on the Death God's mind. He could feel a coldness escape the hallway that she and Tsubasa had entered. It was slight but no doubt what he imagined was behind those doors. He was unable to interfere now and could only hope they would not create further trouble. His focus was to finish this fight as he awaited the climax to all the actions that had finally happened as he took the thread from his mouth and began to place it back within the pouch at his hip. Things needed to end.

---

DeAndre was the only one who was not with the group. The constant playing of the events would appear to him as it seemed the future was not jumbled with a variety of events. It revealed to him the Angel being beheaded as the hammer missed its mark on Miklan, another was Sylvia being crushed by Raquel's hammer as the scale killed the Arch Angel as well. James sacrificing himself to protect both Miklan and Sylvia as his body was crippled by a swing of the hammer. Countless events playing in front of him as DeAndre watched what countless futures could possibly happen.

They all had involved one thing and that was the Angel's hammer. The hammer was something they still had to overcome and while the scale had been removed it seemed to have been enough for him to end them all.

"I will show you." A childlike voice whispered within his ears.

And with that, a final vision began to play for DeAndre. It had revealed Sylvia raising the scale as she stuck out her own arm in front of herself. She turned towards the Aztec Reaper as she shouted some words hastily. It was within that moment that the Death God swung his wooden obsidian blade straight towards the young woman and his blade found its target as it sheered the arm from her body.

Within that moment, the hammer that the Angel had carried fell unceremoniously to the ground as his arm followed its way with it. Disabled the Angel would fall to its knees.

DeAndre snapped out of it as the words came back into his ears. This time, explaining to him what was happening.

"While the Angel requires to give a pure judgement with his scale and only punishing those that attack him. There is absolutely no guideline that a Reaper must adhere to the same rules. If anything, you may even call this a false judgement... Even so, this power never says it can be used simply against someone who harms you. If she wants, she could even harm herself to kill that Angel. That is the power of judgement even if it is false. Do with this, what you will."

The voice vanished as he was now standing there alone watching as the Angel prepared his assault against the others. There was no way Sylvia knew how this power worked but if he could find a way to tell her and if she would be able to trust him, it may be their only chance at ending this thing.

Though, would she be willing to sacrifice something so great? Even with healing, returning her the arm would be of great pain and discomfort. It may even feel dead no matter how much they tried to heal it. While Reapers could potentially heal things it was more similar to preventing death rather than actually healing it. Only Angels who happened to be Reaper's could possibly restore life and even then it would be difficult.

It was up to DeAndre and eventually Sylvia on what would happen in these next few moments.

Would she give? Would she not? This was only one of many varying futures. Taking chances was always a risk but the vision had never shown him the angel being defeated. It was for him and him alone to decide the situation and then for the others if they believed his action to be right. No one knew he could see the future and even less that harming one of their own reapers would somehow be a positive to them.

The seconds were ticking, he needed to make a choice.

---

As the door opened and Victoire stumbled through the woman and the man remained away as she scampered towards Tsubasa. The old man and the woman in black simply watched the pair as she desperately tried to convince Tsubasa to go back into battle. Her desperate pleading trying to convince him as the girl remained behind Tsubasa looking curiously at the new person though her eyes then suddenly returned back towards the original pair as the small girls eyes widened.

There was reasons for this and as Tsubasa noticed, something had changed radically as well, as his vision returned towards the two he had just spoken too.

They were still there, but something remarkable had changed.

Standing, once where the old man and young woman had once been was what appeared to be a much older woman and a very young boy that remained where the two had originally been. The old woman was wearing the same exact delicate veil as she held onto the young boys hand though, this time, the suit he was wearing was a dark black matching that of the woman. They were simply waiting for the two as they watched the events unfolding and the girl asking to heal Tsubasa as she told him of being a Reaper.

The old woman eventually began to speak as as soon as Victoire ended her words.

"She is not lying to you and I would care to hear her advice. That is no knight fighting against others. It is an angel and it was here to kill you as well as the rest of them. She is truthfully trying to provide you help but if you do not wish to take it, then take our deal instead. I promise it will provide less suffering than what you currently have... The world has ended. Everyone you have likely ever known is dead. We are the last of the people here and our purpose is to decide the fate of the futures existence. If you wish not to believe us, then you can go outside and suffer with the rest of the people on this planet. The Hell that God has created is far worse than the Devil's own. If you remain scared, then we can cease it but you must give that girl to us. That is the only thing we ask for." The old woman's voice was much coarser and direct compared to the young woman's. She was also larger and taller though the grayness of her hair could be seen behind her head.

The boy simply looked at the two curiously. Being the same age of the girl that was hiding behind Tsubasa and giving the same grim stare that the old man once held.

"Everything she says is true." The young blonde haired boy replied towards Tsubasa as he looked up at him. "I promise you that everything that is said here is the truth."

The girl behind Tsubasa clenched onto his back as she quivered roughly. "Believe them... Just believe them... Don't give me to him and don't go outside." She cried out as she looked up at him.

"I can make you like others... I can give you a power to be like anyone else." She whispered as she took Victoire's hand and then grabbed onto Tsubasa's as the powers of the pact of flesh began to be transferred towards Tsubasa. He could feel his flesh reacting and his wounds began to move. It seemed as if his body wanted to heal himself but was awaiting of his approval though the power coursed throughout his body there was another feeling that both the Reaper's would feel as it was coming from down the long hallway. It was a disgusting feeling and one that made their stomachs rot. The sound of a horse gave way from deep inside the tunnel like hallway.

"You two should go now..." The young boy replied as he looked down the long dark hallway opposite the lobby. "This place itself has its dangers and you two should go back too your friends. There is safety with them... As for me and my caretaker, we shall contribute to our goals as well. It was a pleasant talk with the pair of you, we both appreciate your time." The young boy responded formally as he began to walk towards the noises as he held onto the hand of the older woman walking alongside him.

As they passed the trio, the young boy looked at the young girl and kept his eyes on her even as they began to walk down the hallway and eventually disappearing into the darkness.

There was lots for Tsubasa and even Victoire to comprehend. Though there was little time they could waste. There was still a battle going on and it would soon be coming to its climax as the sound of a horse screaming began to fill the hallway.

(@Kobold ,@Ur Degaton ,@WanderingWriter ,@Zahara )

Last edited:
Tsubasa could not hope to take all that in - it was entirely in English, a language he understood but was not fluent in. What he could gather is that the girl was relying on him. He had no reason to believe that the world outside was ending, but leaving and letting them have the girl felt cruel and irresponsible. On top of that, the duo's shape-changing proved finally to him that where they were was not of this world. Tsubasa is suddenly distracted by a gut-wrenching feeling - and the sensation that his skin was literally crawling - coming from the woman who called herself Vuikutowāru, and he tugs himself and the girl away from her 'healing' as he had an overwhelming feeling that whatever power she possessed was profoundly wrong in its very nature.
A power like the others, the girl had said. Tsubasa wasn't sure what others she was referring to. Ignoring Vuikutowāru, he knelt down to face the bandaged child. "Don't worry," he assures her in his native tongue. He wondered if the strange pair wanted to kidnap the girl for experimentation, his mind drifting to AKIRA. "I won't abandon you here. But I can't fight, like everyone here seems to want me to do. I'm not strong, I'm not skilled. I got my face cut up when I tried to defend myself getting robbed. There's nothing I can do."

Victoire watched the strange woman and child in front of them before she turned back to the man she was trying to convince to help her. She didn't know any Japanese so she frowned before shaking her head quickly and turning, making her way back to the giant steel doors that was separating her from the battle. She froze at the sound of the horse coming and once she heard screaming, pushed her way into the room where the other reapers were. She pushed the doors closed behind her, leaning against it as she tried to reel in her fear before throwing herself back into the battle.

She knew she would never convince the other man to help them if they didn't speak the same language and he was determined to ignore her. She moved from the edge of the room to stand beside the other reapers, pulling power from as deep inside herself as she could, trying to find whatever power she had left after all she had already done to help. Letting go of her exhaustion, she used it to fuel her power and created several other beings from her own flesh. She watched as they stayed small, just as she wanted, but were made of an outer layer of flesh that would not be easily cut through. She sent them towards the angel, watching as they tried to command his attention by getting in the way of every single step he tried to take.

It wouldn't do much but it would be enough to give the others a chance to do something. She looked between Miklan and the other reapers, trying to figure out what she could do to help. Victoire really only wanted to convince the other man to join them but she felt she would be unable, which was distracting her to a small degree as she tried to remember the small amount of Japanese that she knew that might be able to convince him, she knew it wasn't enough.

James crossed his arms in front of himself as the volley of bone shards tore through him. Luckliy he was a skeleton and therefore was a hard target for small ranged attacks. Regardless the bits of bone and debris passed through his ribcage and missed most of his body, say for his sweater, which was shredded to pieces, and his mask, which had pieces of bone lodged into it, creating many cracks and fractures."That was my favorite sweater asshole!" He shouted while staring down at his ruined attire as it now looked more like paper through a paper shredder than a proper sweater.

Growling in irritation he ripped off the top half of his attire and took off his mask, exposing his skeletal torso and revealing his face. He never liked showing his true form, it reminded him of everything he lost and everything he had become, a monster."I have no more power, and I sure as hell ain't engaging god's terminator in close quarters combat!" He told everyone in the room, not caring if they were listening or not. At that moment all he could do was watch as their doom drew ever closer."Somebody better have some kind of Deus Ex Machina hiding up their ass somewhere because if we can't stop this lunatic now, then everyone here is screwed!"

DeAndre was going through it. He had already seen a vision of the past and now he had seen a vision of their future. A very short and abrupt future that would lead to their demise in this very hallway unless he managed to get a stranger's cooperation. His body was still racked with unbelievable pain, but he grit his teeth and bore it as he fixed his eyes on the girl with the scale. "Hey! Point that scale at that asshole! If you don't we're dead!" Yelling as loud as he could was excruciating, but it needed to be done.

There was so much going on around them, and he could see that the girl with the scale seemed to be overwhelmed by the whole affair. He watched as followed his instructions and held out the scale towards the charging Angel, her eyes fixated on the scale as if waiting for something to shoot forth. He knew what had to be done but it was still a tough call to make, and he was sort of going against the vision. He opted for using the girl's sense of panic to get her to adhere to his demand, and now he was going to have to make another call for her, and hope that the Death God could be faster than her ability to react to his words.

"Miklan, cut it off now!" He screamed as loud as he could, pointing to Sylvia, his chest and lungs burning as pain pulsed through his body. It was a ruthless yet necessary call given what he'd seen, but he just hoped that it would work, since he did it this way instead of following the vision. If it worked, they avoided destruction, and if not, then things were truly about to get ugly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sylvia had heard the instructions to hold out the scale toward the Angel, and she figured that perhaps it was some sort of special weapon. After all, the Angel had been battered and bruised and bleeding, and yet he crawled his way over to get it. She felt that the guy who instructed her must've known something that she didn't, and things were happening too fast for her to think of an alternative action. She slowly raised the scale toward the Angel, her mind hopeful that the scale would do whatever it was the scale was supposed to do. This Angel was a major issue and that hammer that he was no wielding was easily going to be the end of them, she narrowed her eyes at the oncoming danger, not sure what she was waiting for the scale to do, but knowing that this was the "make it or break it" moment. These next couple of seconds either spelled out victory or disaster. 'This better fucking work' she thought to herself, 'I don't plan to become a Jackson Pollock painting in this ha-' her thought was interrupted by what she heard next.

"Miklan, cut it off now!"

What the hell was he talking about. She hadn't looked of at the Death God in a minute, but she was sure that he was standing nearby. However, she wasn't sure what the heck the Death God could cut that would make a difference at the moment. She wanted to look, but she didn't dare take her eyes off the charging Angel. She didn't know what was going on in her periphery, as her vision was locked on approaching death. With that in mind, she figured that the other guy must see something that she didn't, so she simply decided to support the guy.

"You heard him," she shouted, turning her head without letting her eyes leave the angel, "Hurry the hell up and cut it off, now!" She yelled, hoping that Miklan knew what they were both referring to, even though she had no clue and was simply putting her life and trust in another.

@TheDevil'sGame

"I got my face cut up when I tried to defend myself getting robbed. There's nothing I can do."

The girl turned as she looked away from him. She seemed upset, angry even at the words that he gave her. After a long moment of silence she turned to look at him as her hands balled into fists.

"... Then both of us will die." She quietly whispered as she looked at him. "You should have take their deal... They would have killed you and then do the same to me."

She was staring into his face as she looked up at him. Though, it wasn't until he looked elsewhere that he realized how much she was shaking. The two who had been here previously had obviously rattled the girl and hearing that he would not be able to fight seemed to drain any hope. She eventually turned towards Victoire as she began to cry out. "Why couldn't I have been bounded to you?!"

Her words fell on deaf ears as Victoire had disappeared by the steel metal doors. Leaving the two alone as she just stood there. She began to unwrap the bandages around her hands to reveal the serious burns that were hidden underneath. She breathed roughly as the wrappings pulled at her charred skin.

"I fought to get out of the fire when I was alive. I didn't make it but because I tried I was at least given this chance... Your not going to try yours to try again?" The girl responded as the feeling of his flesh changing and being able to be manipulated flowed through him.

"If you want... I'll go retrieve the pair. Then that's that." She responded towards Tsubasa. Another interesting thing begin to happen as he began to understand the words even though they were in English. It didn't simply seem he had just copied Victoire's power but even her understanding and speech. The feelings of that girl were inside of him and she generally wanted him too help. She wasn't doing this out of any selfish reason but simply to work together against a terrifying odd.

What he also began to understand wad that thing he had seen in the lobby was no knight at all but an angel and the larger skeleton figure who fought against him was Lord Miklan himself, a God of death.

The girl just waited it seemed pointless at least for now, this place was dangerous and if he chose to remain here, then that was their fate. Death couldn't be as vicious as before but she didn't enjoy reliving such a terrible experience once again.

This time, it didn't seem possible to fight back.

---

As Victoire stepped through the doors it felt as if she was walking through an incredibly dense fog. A heavy thick wall of air pushed against her before she exited through the doors. She could feel a presence surround her. As it felt like something was breathing down her neck.

The sensation quickly disappeared as she found herself in the midst of the chaos. Her struggles to create more bodies to endlessly throw at the angel seemed to be in vain. As the flesh sprouted to life only for the angel to smash them away as they came near. The angel though, noticed her efforts and out of frustration raised his hammer towards her as a large blaze of light sprouted from it's end as a trail of fire followed suit.

Miklan immediately raised another one of his walls of bone as it crackled from the immense amount of heat from the blast. Even with the wall around her, Victoire could feel her flesh cook from the blaze as she was only a breathe away from the fire behind the wall.

The angel then turned towards James as he continued to fire the intense light at Victoire. Curious as he removed his mask and revealed his face and this gave the angel pleasure as he seemed overjoyed by this fact. Responding in not as he goaded the reaper.

"Look at you... They've punished you... They forced you to live a sentence by becoming one of them in the most horrendous of ways and you dare side with them? Listen to me... James isnt it? Look at that death God beside you. Do you want to be like Miklan and be a mule for their work? They havent even respected his wifes wishes!" The Angel shouted as his body continued to defy death. Despite his wounds, the healing within his body remained. The pools of blood around him revealed his body had yet to give in. The constant peeling of his flesh was revealed to them consistently as it would heal every time his skin tore. Revealing his muscles underneath which pumped with each action he undertook.

This ArchAngel was not what was ever imagined a heavenly being to be.

Miklan wouldn't be able to keep the wall of bone up forever and it seemed the angel was intent on draining him as he forced more of his energy towards the wall around Victoire. If he had been alone he would have been overwhelmed by this angel. Using much of his energy in the world beforehand had left him weak. Luckily, he was resilient due to his nature but even this was challenging his power.

He was giving in before he noticed DeAndre speaking above the violence. He had almost forgotten of that man and luckily the angel had already lost a hand to prevent him from setting him on fire. He was barely capable of keeping one torrent of fire away. Though, as he listened to DeAndres instructions he froze. Slowly watching as Sylvia began to raise the scale towards the angel as he heard the words that shouted through the air.

"Miklan, cut it off now!"

It was a miracle that someone like her could lift that item. It would undoubtedly kill him if he even attempted such a feat.

An even greater problem had appeared before him though. The scale would often determine its 'justice' to whoever wielded the item. That would mean Miklan would lose his own arm if the scale abided by its terms. Though the item had already appeared to abandon such standards.

You heard him," she shouted, turning her head without letting her eyes leave the angel, "Hurry the hell up and cut it off, now!"

The wall of bone quickly began to evaporate into ash as he committed to his decision. He raised his wooden blade as the sharp jagged pieces of obsidian jutted out from either side. He raised it above his head as in one swift motion, proceeded to viciously swipe towards her arm holding the scale.

mkxkk6.jpg

They could all perish here, it could all potentially end.

The blade had found it's target and with a thunderous gash, freed her hand from the rest of her arm. Blood sprouted into the air and into Miklan's face as the wall of bone disappeared simultaneously.

He awaited to see the consequences of his actions and to his amazement. Watched as his arm remained attached to his body. Though, this was not the same with the heavenly being. As the scale Sylvia had once held, fell to the floor it was closely followed by the weapon once held by Raquel, the angel of justice.

The hammer wildly spun as it unleashed it's destructive burning throughout the entirety of the room. Miklan couldn't provide any more protection for the others as he rushed forward obsidian tipped sword in hand as he used both his arms to swing the blade forward.

It found it's way as it gutted through the thickness of his neck. As if trying, in vain, to defy death one last time.

The angels head fell to the ground as it rolled along one of the puddles of blood it had created earlier. The body finally falling to it's knees, slumped before crashing to the floor.

Miklan breathed heavily as he watched the end of the angel. His own right arm beginning to crumble as the effects of his healing had finally began to wear off. The damage the angel had given was clear and the death God could no longer prevent the death of his limb. Luckily one of them had allowed for his arm to exist longer but that didn't mean they wouldn't be able to fix it for the next conflict.

He caught his club in his left hand as his arm finished disintegrsting before searching out Sylvia and looking for the scale. There it lay, her hand next to it. Working like it had been for the angel.

Though, a reaper was the one to use it and not only that but take the damage and relinquish it to another.

The idea was insane to Miklan but he didn't care question it. It had worked but he had wondered how that particular reaper had found such a thing. This made him curious but he could ask questions later.

He searched for the other through the rubble hoping they had at least survived. He wondered how Sylvia had taken it. It wasn't as if Miklan woudlnt be able to sympathize, he had lost his own protecting her when this had all first happened.

If she hated him, then so be it. Their dues were paid and they wouldn't owe one another. He was also wondering on the one called James. He worried if things would continue to try and turn him against the others. If he would eventually betray them for one if those promises. He wouldn't necessarily blame him for such actions but any such things would be dangerous.

Lastly, the other girl seemed like trouble. She had created and healed Miklan during the thick of it and it was the only excuse he had given in protecting her. She seemed to find herself face first in the foray. Luckily she had lived though of the reapers she had displayed her use of powers most effectively and this gave him great confidence in her.

Besides the sounds of things being charred and some sprinklers still spraying water. It had been eerily quiet. He had expected something from the others and that is when he realized.

In the corner, where Victoire had been, stood a woman dressed in black and gold. She was holding the smaller reaper within her arms with immense curiosity as she looked up at Miklan to match his stare.

1e455d18e4ecdc17afb3e8c91a245c83.jpg

"Mammon?" Miklan responded angrily as he reached for his weapon at his side. She waved her arm away at him as she seemed disinterested in fighting.

"I'm here to honor our deal reaper. I have no intentions of breaking our pact. We are allied, are we not? Luckily I was here or this girl wouldn't have been."

She stroked Victoire's hair before allowing the girl to stand beside her. She had given a motherly touch almost as if making sure she was alright. Though, it could also be compared to someone looking at expensive goods and assuring no damage had come to them. She then summoned a mask before placing it over her face as robes began to cover the near nakedness of her body. She didn't seem particular worried of being so open with her body but it had seemed to be for reasons as she carefully dressed herself.

tumblr_nrb2tsMWti1qios0so1_1280.jpg

"We were capable of releasing the four horsemen. Death should return to the power it once held and you seven should be capable again. Let my 'sister' know, and if you are not doing anything with that angels body, I shall gladly take it off your hands. For this girl of course." The woman respinded as she placed her hands delicately along Victoire's shoulder. Her fingers moving along the inside of her neck as they felt for a pulse.

"No." Miklan responded immediately as he looked at her. "And if you value that pact, I would suggest letting her free."

The woman looked at the group as she seemed ready for battle unlike they had been but she began to smile and pushed Victoire forward towards the rest of the reapers.

"I only kid, as I've told you. I value our relationship. The Arch Demon of greed can afford patience. Some people don't understand that waiting can absolutely be greedy." She responded as she leaned down carefully and touched Victoire's neck one last time.

"Let us wait until your forced to make a deal and I promise I'll be here when you need me. I'll be off, nice seeing you Miklan. The Devil give his wishes."

She whispered before breaking apart into numerous pieces as she disappeared into the shadows of the hospital. Miklan had sighed. At least there was some hopeful news in this but he hadn't appreciated the sender. It was time to meet with these reapers and see who was sent to them. He awaited for the rest to assemble around him as he sat in the middle of the room beside the body of the Arch Angel.

He did wonder if the reaper that left would return to this place and as he thought this the hospital began to slowly repair itself around them as the destruction and debris began to slowly return and the pieces all found their way back towards their respective places.

Eventually the hospital had returned as new besides the puddles of blood and flesh from the fight. It had returned to what it simply once was. A hospital lobby with all of them in it. With the death God sitting beside the carcass of an angel.

Things were now starkly different. Even though they had all entered when it had looked like this it didn't erase the events that had occurred.

If anything it focused on the events as the mundane lobby had these strange creatures and he hoped the rest of them would follow and come to him at the center of where this all began.

They would have little time though, they would need to find a safer place to rest and not only that they had yet to see the other two major death gods. There was lots for them to do even if they hadn't known it yet.

(@Kobold ,@Zahara ,@Ur Degaton ,@WanderingWriter )

Reactions: WanderingWriter

Anger bubbled up within Tsubasa. Why had everyone he met in this afterlife insisted he could do something to stop that 'angel'? He couldn't do anything. If he was confronted once more, he'd undoubtedly freeze in place like he had before, but nobody would be there to save him this time.
Cortisol was flooding his system, urgency pouring synapse to synapse until the adrenal gland drained into his bloodstream with hormones that demanded his body move - that it run, fight, do something to save itself. His heart fluttered - he could feel a panic attack coming on, and clenched his teeth to stifle a rush of air pouring out his throat to merely hiss instead of a whimper. Too much cortisol, decided his brain, and the excess chemical was excreted through the tears that began to run down Tsubasa's face.
"Like it's my fault I can't do this?" he chokes, words harshly escaping his mouth on shivering waves of breath. He lets go of the girl's arm. "A second ago you begged me not to hand you over. Now, because I can't do anything to help those others, you would rather leave with them?"
He stops a moment to sob once. His throat hurt. There was too much air in his lungs, begging to be released.
"I didn't ask for this!" he shouts. "I didn't come here to fight! I came here because I was hurt! Because I needed help!"
He takes a moment to gasp in air, trying to calm himself. Tsubasa squeezes his eyes shut. panting though his nose until the tears stop.
"I keep trying to say it - it's not that I don't want to help, it's that I can't. I've never been able to help anyone. And I never will. I can't even help myself - I've always had to rely on others. I'm a parasite."
Tsubasa's heart rate slows and the quivering leaves his body as the hormones begin to depart from his bloodstream.
"But... I don't want to die. I'm sorry that I can't help you. You should go on your own, and save yourself. I can at least be a distraction, and buy everyone time. Maybe then, if I die at least being useful, I won't fear it so much."
The college student stares at his feet, eyes blank like a dead fish.

James looked down at the angel's decapitated head in relief and a bit of confusion. He didn't even know angel's could actually be killed. But now that he knew the forces of god himself could be defeated, he got a new sense of confidence."Geez, that angel was like a damn honey badger, it took all of our power to take him down, and that was just one angel," He muttered as the strange figure known as Mammon appeared. He didn't understand what she was talking about when she conversed with Miklan, nor did he particularly care, he just wanted a cold one.

After she disappeared he looked to the death god. "Now what, I kinda came here to find my purpose and since the world is ending, us soul reapers will eventually be out of the job, we can't reap souls if all souls in the universe are absorbed by heaven and hell by the end of this war," He said while looking around the room as it returned to normal for no apparent reason. In truth he had no idea what was next, this hospital was supposed to be his last stand.

A patient’s heart rate monitor had flat lined two floors above. Her heart stopped while unconscious, a poor drug addict who was barely getting by and whose death would likely be attributed to drug complications. Nothing that anyone would truly worry about, though the monitor of course sent alerts to the hospital staff responsible for that sector and patient.

Sebastian kept his face neutral but had a pleased glint in his eyes as he quickly strode out of the patient’s room, expecting nurses to come running over at any minute and largely unaware of the happenings outside or on any other floor. After all, it was easy to lose oneself in fluorescent lighting, cold white tile and the piercing smell of disinfectant, and he had been in the hospital for over twenty-four hours now. In his death, he had discovered that he was much less dependent on sleep, though due to this, he was likely missing some of the clues that indicated that the end of the world was near. He was focused, but in a single-minded way that didn’t involve him taking in much of his surroundings if that wasn’t his goal.

In his suit, his stainless steel flask was now filled with blood of uncertain quality. That could sometimes be the detriment of passing on some of the less desirable people of the world: they were unsatisfactory in more ways than one. Still, he had gone through the effort, and he had chosen to collect by syringe as usual. It was a nice, brief break from magic to use this well-calibrated but disposable tool. He had discarded the syringe in a sharps container found in the room after it had fulfilled its purpose, and changed course from his path to the elevator, turning into a supply room that he had scouted out in days prior.

He had been in Tokyo a couple of weeks, after planning the visit in the past year. He was fond of the cleanliness of the city and the order, and figured that it wouldn’t hurt to have a taste of a different culture. He had arrived expecting there to be some parallels with Germany, despite other glaring cultural differences, and he had not been disappointed. Sebastian found what he was looking for in some cabinets after a bit of searching, being somewhat thankful that he remained alone in the room. Some noises that he heard from below disturbed his tranquility somewhat, but he worked to file it away as renovation or other construction work, despite the irregularity of the noises and movement of the building. It was the most plausible conclusion his mind could come up with, though he did acknowledge that he truly did not know. He exited the room with it practically as he found it, minus a few syringes, mildly frustrated at the distraction.

He had been staying outside the city, and he intended to return, with his work at the hospital complete for the time being. The elevator doors opened at the ground floor, and Sebastian faltered for a moment, but still managed to step out of the elevator, his body moving itself in an effort to pretend that all was alright. From here, he was also afforded a view of the outside world, but that caught very little of his attention. Too apparent was the blood and flesh on the ground. The sight, the smell. A piece of him felt thirsty for it, and he was beginning to fear that this trip had been a bad idea, a faulty attraction towards a siren of a city.

Still stunned, the facade of peace returned to him, slowing his thoughts even if they were just as wild and foolish in content as they were a moment ago. He tried to reason it away as an accident, but the presence of the other reapers, particularly Miklan, quickly debased that line of thought. The elevator doors closed behind him, and he just stood, staring, not finding any solutions in his mind. There was only confusion swirling with hazy contentment from earlier and anxiety about that which he did not know. He opened his mouth to speak, only to have nothing to say, and instead slowly focused his gaze at the eyes of the various individuals in the room, taking care to not to do so in a frantic manner. He attempted to convey the question without any words, unsure of what to say. What happened?

Reactions: TheDevil'sGame
Shock was the first thing to overtake Sylvia, and then there was the wave of pain. For the first few seconds after her hand was cut off, she was confused as to what had just happened. She had simply stood there as her brain was trying to process everything, and then the pain kicked in. She drew her bleeding stump into her chest as she knelt down and hollered and screamed in pain as blood flowed between the fingers that clasped over the stump where her hand had been. "Fuck!" Was only one of a litany of obscenities that she yelled out, as she adamantly wished for the pain to stop.

She was panicking for a good minute, hoping that the blood would stop streaming, hoping that she'd somehow be able to save the hand that had been severed. Those thoughts slowly left her mind as the war-zone of a hallway they were in decided to magically put itself together. This only stopped her panicking for a minute though, as the blood and carnage still remained, and her hand still lay on the ground before her. She gritted her teeth, cursing under her breath as she felt the blood pouring from her, and then no longer. It was a strange sensation, one that she couldn't really fully comprehend. There had been waves and pulses of pain, but then suddenly there wasn't. She dared a glance down at her stump and was stunned at what she was looking at.

The blood had stopped flowing out. She looked over at the dead angel, the mess he had become, the blood that had been spilt, and noticed something else. The blood that was pooled around the angel's massacred body began to slowly move toward her kneeling form. The blood mixed with that of the blood that had spurted from her severed hand and then slithered it's way to her empty wrist. Syl stared in confused astonishment as the blood seemed to enter her wound. The feeling was strange, like cold water was entering her veins. It spread throughout her entire body as she twitched uncomfortably, wincing a time or two as the coldness gave her a brain freeze. She watched in grotesque amazement as a hand began to seemingly construct itself in the place of her old one. It was an odd feeling, and she didn't even believe to consider it her own hand, seeing as though her true hand lay severed before her. Attempts to move the digits proved to be doable, but there was an alien feeling to the hand that she couldn't quite put her finger on. Like the fuzzy feeling you get in a limb after it has been asleep and is waking up, it felt like the very end of that moment before all true feeling returned. So, it wasn't that weird fuzzy feeling, but it still felt very much off and not like her hand should feel or use to feel.

"Sorry about that, I had to make a move quick and I wasn't sure that you'd be up for-," The voice had belonged to DeAndre, who had come up behind Sylvia to apologize, being quickly interrupted as Sylvia jerked up, spun around, and landed a solid left straight right into his nose.

"Keep your stupid apology, asshole!" She blurted out, smiling as she saw she had drawn blood, hoping that she broke it. "How bout I cut off something of yours and see if a 'sorry' means something to you."

"Come...on!" DeAndre had shouted, as both hands went to his face, blood now gushing from his nose. He knew that what he did was a bit abrupt, but his actions managed to stop them all from getting massacred. Along with the pain of her punch came anger, and he truly was tempted to give her a piece of his mind. However, his eyes fell on Miklan, who was standing close by, and it suddenly seemed less worth it to hem her up and get in her face. He pinched his nose, tilted his head back, and turned his back to her. "Shit!" He exclaimed, taking a few steps away from her, trying to calm himself down. Had he not had the vision of their future or made that call, they'd likely be minced meat right about now. However, he could understand her anger and frustration, so he simply muttered to himself as he attempted to cool off.

Victoire watched as fire came racing towards her, knowing that she wouldn't be able to evade it and that true death was coming her way. Death that wouldn't end with her being a reaper like last time. She raised her hands in front of her face so that she wouldn't have to see her own death and was shocked when she only felt heat but no sensation of literally being cooked alive. She lowered her hands slowly to see the wall of bone, which gave her a moment of reprieve before she could feel the heat too much and could smell her own flesh as it slowly cooked. She wanted to move but she couldn't, her legs wouldn't let her. So she simply stood there and waited for death to claim her. After only a few moments, she fell to the ground, unconscious.

When she woke again, only a few minutes later, she was held in the arms of a woman. Her mind was working rather sluggishly so she didn't make the connection to the woman being a demon until after she was gone. She moved under the woman's push, stepping closer to Miklan with a look of intense confusion on her face, she didn't understand what was going on around her. She turned around to watch the woman disappear and wobbled on her feet, dropping down to her knees when her legs gave out.

"I should be dead," Victoire said softly, looking down at her hands which should have been burnt from the heat of the angels flame. She jerked her head up to look at Miklan when the woman's words finally filtered through her brain. "She wanted me, why?" She asked, confusion written plainly on her face as she tried to stand but found that her legs were refusing to let her, so she stayed sitting on the ground. "Why am I not dead, Miklan?" She asked, knowing that the flame would have killed her, should have killed her.

"This isn't an afterlife." She responded as she stood stood diagonal to him and kept her head turned towards him. It was almost as if she could read his very mind. Every nervous detail and panicking thought seemed obvious to her as she continued to look at him.

"This is earth and you were specifically chosen by the spirit of death, our God, too be a part of all of this in it's entirety." She responded as she spoke calmly to him.

She bit her lip as she could feel the torturous emotions as she worried she would lose him. She understood that the calamity of the world ending wasn't something to take likely and all throughout the world lives were ending as the creator brought it's vengeful anger across the apocalypse. Many stories had talk and spoken about the world ending or coming to an end. Even rebuilding once that end dissipated and a new beginning would emerge. Very few stories actually spoke of an end which was that, the finish of everything and the utter finale of all.

"I... I want to be safe." She responded to his words as she listened to his angry desperate cries rage towards her. She avoided his gaze as she looked towards the floor as she began to grab at her hospital pants hopelessly.

"This hospital was chosen because this is the place in the modern age most people meet their unfortunate ends. It is where death appears most often and where many will go before they meet their final breath... Many people believe the cemetery is a place of death but that is silly. It's just a place we use for remains. Nothing more..." small bits of water began to hit the tile floor beneath her feet as she began to respond to his questions.

"Most people don't often want to go to hospitals. Most people, do not wish to hear the awful truth they may be given at such places. These places are often seen as places of aid but there are many times it's of tragedy. I'm here to tell you that your tragedy is that you were chosen by our spirit to be a part of this game. Just like me, you were chosen for particular reasons... Our God is not like the creator that religions often spout and use as the perfect being. Ours is one that understands pain and suffering, they realize it's horrors so maybe that's why they chose you... You weren't sent here because you needed help. You were brought here because the spirit required your help."

She began to look at him. "And do you believe, that I don't think I am a parasite!? My parents sacrificed everything for me! They tried to keep me alive! After everything that happened and how much they gave to me and how much they lost! No matter all of that, I still died in the end!" She stared at him. Angrily shouting the same words he had just given her. She noticed the dead eyes he had given her as fear came to her face as she then walked up closer to him.

The disturbing sounds of the tortures horse were becoming louder and getting closer as she grabbed one of his hands and tried in vain to pull him along with her. "We have to go!" She cried out desperately as her arms began to bleed as her skin broke from her violent desperation.

"The horse is here!"

There it was, standing at the end of the hallway. Four legs carrying its massive body as its face carried numerous snakelike appendages that jutted from its face in a convulsing mass of muscle. Two arms came delicately from its head with one carrying a pole with something familiar at its top. It was a scale which seemed to move on its own volition as even with the creature's movements it didn't react to any of the creatures uncouth movements. Though, while it appeared grotesque it was an incredibly pale white. With the color of its red veins being clearly shown throughout its body as deep shadows appeared in the crevasses of its skin. A strange grouping of intestines could be seen decorating its body as three vicious whip like tails waved in anticipation behind said creature.

This was no horse.

Horse.jpg

Though this was not the only figure too appear. Beside it stood a mountain of a man. His armor was covered in faces of unknown creatures whose eyes moved wildly and mouths gasped for air as they seemed to be struggling to breathe. He carried with him a massive bow which seemed to be the massive rotting bone of some unfortunate creature. Six spiked protrusions hung from his back as they raised up behind his shoulders. A final two sharp pieces floated above his head forming a makeshift crown. These pieces seemed to be made of some sharpened bone but lastly he had what looked like the leather of whatever he had slain behind him as a makeshift cape that waved softly as he moved. A green drape hung carefull before him as it fell in front of his legs. Symbolizing his color and who this person was.

Cbcqc5u.jpg

"Pestilence... Conquest... He is the first Horseman." The girl replied as the next sequence of events seemed to move at an incredibly slow pace. Tsubasa could feel the tension in the air as the horseman slowly began to raise his bow towards the two who remained in the hallway. He then proceeded to break one of the spokes that protruded from his back as another began to slowly grow in it's place. He moved this piece of bone into the mouth of one of the creatures on his chest. It bit into the bone and sharpened it until it was adequate and he placed it within his string as he began to pull the string and give the makeshift arrow an incredible amount of tension.

This had only taken a few moments but seemed to last forever and as this event began to end Tsubasa watched as the arrow was suddenly spiraling straight towards his eye with incredible velocity. He couldn't even blink as it reached him.

Then the small size of a hand reached up before him as blood spattered against his face and something began too happen.

The small girl took the shot of the arrow into her her palm as the arrow began to disappear into it. She extended her other hand as the arrow suddenly shot forth and exploded back towards the being who initially shot the projectile. It seemed even Pestilence didn't expect such an action as they proceeded to try and swipe the arrow away from themselves but the bone penetrated his side deeply and exploded out his lower back.

The girl breathed heavily as she looked at the horseman. She knew that wasn't going to make the creature happy and as she tried to breath she could feel the slow creep of disease began to spread throughout her body. She could take the powers of beings but that also meant the consequences as well and taking such a diseased item from the God of Disease was likely not something beneficial. Though it had given them time at least. She could feel the coating of blood coming into her neck as she began to feel a weakness overcoming her body. Her ears began to hurt and she could feel her eyes beginning to dry.

She had already suffered physical pain before but she had never imagined pain like this was something possible.

The First Horseman began to raise a finger as he held onto his side obviously in pain from the counter attack. The sounds of screeching and scattering began to fulfill the halls. The ground began to shake and it was quick to realize why.

Rats began to scurry towards them as they began to appear from the shadows and scurry angrily towards them. Signs of disease and plagues littered them all as they had bulbous faces and some limped eagerly towards them. Pus leaked from some and others had blood dripping from their eyes.

Despite the girls weakness she tried desperately to move Tsubasa. She could feel her skin stretching and ripping as she endlessly tried to get him to move and escape the place. Her knees shaking as she tried to push him.

"We aren't safe here... We need to find help!" She cried out as her yells were being drowned by the noise of rats scurrying towards the two. It would only be mere moments until they were overwhelmed and their only escape route were through the doors Tsubasa had ran from.

He needed to decide whether to face the fear he ran from or to accept this new onslaught of terror which was coming straight towards him.

The decision needed to be now.

---

"That wasn't simply an angel." Miklan responded towards James words about the defeat of Raquel. He was amazed it had ended that quick but there was no need for hesitation on his part. Disarming and removing the threat from any God allowed for its death to occur. He began to search through his pockets with his only hand as he began to speak too the young reaper.

"We were lucky... Honestly, we had some things in our favor and I believe there was reason we were destined to win that regardless of how unlikely it was." He exhaled unhappily despite not having lungs this noise still existed only showing more mysteries from this supernatural being. "Think about it this way, he is the Arch Angel of justice. One of God's chosen seven. Look at the world in it's current state, would you call that justice? I'm certain that diminished the angels power and for that reason he decided to use Raquel as quickly as possible too allow him to use whatever last bit of power he may have had... We powerful beings are governed by laws, if we refuse such things many terrible things come upon us. Though, there are some extremely willing to deal with such ugly consequences. We call them the chaos deities... But that is for another time and all you need to know is God can be an ugly one. Sacrificing one of his most important and powerful angels simply in an attempt to kill us or even slow us down. Such terrible use must show you what horrible thing we will be facing but this is a great blow towards God. Losing an arch angel is a significant loss and it will show we must be handled with a great deal of caution but this will only make things more dangerous from here on out."

Miklan pulled out what appeared to be ceramic cups which he gently placed in front of him on the ground. They weren't likely to be easily destroyed with the fight they just had they should have been pieces but Miklan still showed care as they were beautifully decorated with black ink covering the cups. He moves his hand over them as he proceeded to drop powder in each if the cups before water began to flood each cup and they began to boil and simmer. Miklan breathed before somehow blowing each cup and cooling them down to a nice cold temperature as he slid a cup along the floor towards James feet.

It smelled strongly of chocolate and tequila and it seemed he was responding towards James wishes to have a cold one. He took one of the many cups as he drank it as well. The drink flowing through his bones as he took it in and placed his cup down as he listened further to James words.

"Our existence is something we should only wish for so we can end it all when time comes and that time is edging closer every single moment. Heaven wanted our influence.... It went so far that during our war with the demons God stole the four horsemen from us. He did this so he could cause death, war, disease and famine throughout the world. It left us at our weakest for thousands if years. Not only that, but we had to continue to fight against demons encroaching on our lands and our existence being challenged at every moment. Luckily, the four horsemen gave us a final defense. Their four horses were given orders to defend what land we have left and each one of them has murdered countless demons that would compete or surpass even us death gods... I despise that woman that came here but she at least has retained their side of the deal. The horsemen should be free and should be able to join us but I worry since so many years have passed and what dreadful things they must have gone through. Even human beliefs were that God would be the one to unleash them onto the world but that is a new belief. Their original purpose was to govern with us. The three pacts as well as the four horsemen with The spirit being our God you could say. It hasn't been that way in ages and even Azrael was not alive during the time it had happened. I remember as a day that will live in infamy. Though, do I trust the devils intentions? Absolutely not and I worry that things may get worse for each of us." Miklan whispered the final words as he then pulled his thread out once again and held the end with his teeth. He then proceeded to rip the thread before tossing a piece towards James.

"Take that." He responded as the piece of thread carried several small skeletons among the fine line. "You responded well against all the suggestions to betray us. I offer you some of my elite Aztec warriors for compensation. Though, I used some to temporarily heal myself I wouldn't recommend you do the same. If you require any assistance simply crack and throw them. They shall appear and I promise they can kill numerous times their weight in angels and demons." Miklan assured as he seemed to appreciate that James hasn't considered becoming a traitor at least.

Miklan watched as the hospital reassembled itself to make itself appear as it had once been.

"You also need to understand that if we win this war none of us shall exist anymore." Miklan pointed out towards him as he looked at him grimly. "That is our purpose and it is something that must be completed. I am surprised you haven't joined the pact of bone and as someone who has lost almost all their flesh I can sympathize with being forced to become a reaper. Whether a punishment or requirement to atone, it is a harsh punishment and I shall provide you whatever you may need. Although, that is despite the rules, I don't believe they are of much importance especially during a war such as this.... You may even find something that you wanted too find in this very place. It was chosen because humans lives tend to cease here the most in modern history. It's a place of grim futures and interesting outcomes. It is also a place where life also starts and a place where people may be able to make their own free will if they wish to pass away or try to stay a little longer in this world. It is thus, that this place was chosen to become our battlefield and there will be many grave and dangerous things. So be wary of whatever may come."

---

The hospital had remained eerily quiet as he had taken what he required from the woman as the final beats of her heart gave way. All her addictions would finally cease as her death would be handled as fairly as any rich man or holy king. Peace would be what the Reapers could offer as there was no heaven or hell to speak of. What they did provide was an absolute end too pain, nightmares, and awful memories.

Demons and Angels often tried to lure humans away from death by offering them immortality, the chance of seeing loved ones and eternal happiness or fulfilling your deepest desires, living without consequences and committing to anything.

Death is frightening and without a place to exist absolutely frightens the thoughts of humans.

As he left the girl the sounds of numerous machines screaming began to hit his ears. Not a single soul came to check on the patient as the halls of the hallway were eerily silent. Despite this, few thunderous booms erupted underneath his feet as the whine from the machines continued to follow him as he left and entered for supplies.

Even as he left though, not a single soul came to check on the patient though the whines from the machines had eventually ended.

As Sebastian found himself within the elevator he could feel the chill of something behind him. It wasn't until he pressed the button for the ground floor that he noticed outside the elevator doors a young boy with long golden hair and dressed within a dark tuxedo. A large older woman stood beside him carefully holding his hand as the two simply watched as the doors began to close. Neither seemed to be patients and the clothes of both were immaculately clean. They both seemed to stare intently at him as the woman wore a dark veil that covered the entirety of her face. Only her grey hair was noticeable to reveal her apparent age but as the doors began to shut, the child slipped a note in between the metal and it carefully fell to the floor. It seemed to intentionally fall so that Sebastian would be able to read the words before him at his feet.

Don't expect anything from anyone. Even the Devil was once an Angel.

The message burned once he had read such a thing if he cared to look. It wasn't long until the doors had opened and the battle worn Miklan was sitting next towards the body of the fallen Arch Angel. Miklan looked up at him as he seemed a bit curious about this new arrival as he seemed to question if they were truly what they appeared to be. It seemed he could sense the thirst for blood that Sebastian suddenly craved but he made it clear that it was not to be touched as Miklan seemed to hover over it like a protective butcher who was assuring this for a wealthy customer.

The pristine color of blood that covered the floor remained a pure red as it hadn't even began to harden or clot as it seemed to retain the stubborn amount of life the angel once had.

Miklan slowly pushed a cup of his chocolate alcohol as it slid towards Sebastian's feet.

"You are late..." Miklan murmured as he stared at the Reaper intently. Seemingly noticing the flask that this Reaper had carried. "Though, there is quite a lot which has happened and it appears you do not know. This world has ended. We are the few who have been decided by our spirit to try and bring this world to its end. The rest of this world is currently suffering annihilation and you have luckily found yourself here. In the midst of a battle between Reapers and Angels... Though we have an alliance with the Devil himself. Take that as you will and decide for yourself if you wish to join us. If not, you can try to live within this hospital but even this place is not what it seems." Miklan proceeded to smash his fist into the ground as he shattered the tile underneath him. He carefully removed his hand as the hospital began to slowly assemble the pieces together and rebuild the damage it had suffered.

"This place has had many names but there is one I know you people will understand. It is called Purgatory and this is the place where we can make changes." Miklan responded as he looked at Sebastian and proceeded to drink his own cup.

He began to listen towards Sylvia's cries and curses from the immense pain she had been given. He had decided to give her time and understanding of what had happened and while he could rebuild her arm with his control of bone it would be severely painful and she may have hated his decision to commit to such an action. Especially since he felt ashamed for trying something he didn't feel certain it would work. Though that did make him question DeAndre's knowledge of such things and made him worry about what these Reapers were capable of.

He shook out of surprise though when he realized the pools of blood began to move away. He was prepared to stop whomever it was but when he realized it was Syliva he immediately paused. It was this girls kill specifically and she had earned every right to any of it but as the blood began to seem into where her hand once was. He began to question and fear the consequences of such things. That Angel's blood could support life and while her hand wouldn't feel the same it was something that gave much more potential than even what Miklan could accomplish.

The blood also brought something else with it. The sword that lay next to the angel began to slowly move towards her as it began to shape its change once again too the hammer that the angel had created. What she began to realize that this hammer was originally that and it had been altered to become a sword as the blade slowly lifted itself off the floor as it shaped itself to fit within her palm comfortably as its length changed as well to fit with herself much more naturally.

9b3973edbf2293911c3a55f64a930c6e.jpg

The scale slowly followed pursuit as the hand that once held it slowly fell away as it placed itself within her remaining hand left. Away from the blood hand which the hammer seemed to eagerly take. Miklan seemed amazed by the events and seemed speechless for words before hearing DeAndre attempting too apologize for such actions.

He was not surprised at the violence she gave him and simply hoped the hammer would not be used against the other Reaper.

"Both of you, end the nonsense." Miklan cut in as his voice cut into their ears. He assured that it wouldn't escalate as he looked at the two. Even if she had the hammer Miklan had taken enough blows to show he could survive plenty more even in his weakened state. Miklan looked back at DeAndre and seemed to appreciate the calming down despite the anger within the air.

"Though... You... How did you know such a thing was even possible? Those scales are incredibly strict even compared to other religious items. They often never listen to their users and yet... You knew it would betray its inclinations and choose to betray its purpose? There have been times those items have done it but the amount of times they have done so can be counted on one hand. Choosing to be inverted justice is an interesting thing, it should have taken my hand for certain and it chose not too." Miklan worded this as he tried to understand how DeAndre had somehow known about this.

Even Miklan couldn't find the reason as he seemed to try and inspect it and the children that were once with them all seemed to have disappeared. The visions of the future, the past, themselves had all but disappeared.

Miklan couldn't continue this as he noticed Victoire struggling to remain on her feet as he carefully grabbed her with his remaining arm and placed her on some of the many chairs as he allowed her to rest upon them. He seemed pleased as he looked at her that she wasn't too badly damaged. A worry he also had with Sylvia as that girl losing an arm was another tragedy but amazed to see that each had somehow gotten out of terrible situations.

The problem though was that she had survived and the Demon of Greed had wanted nothing for it. That was an impossibility and there was no doubt that the Demon expected such from an action as he looked at her and began to answer her question.

"She saved you." Miklan responded as he looked carefully at her and began to relay the series of events back to her for her too listen too. "The wall I created wouldn't last forever and I was hoping for anything honestly at that moment. It was partly why I took such drastic actions so quickly." He then proceeded to tell her of how Sylvia had lost her arm to Miklan and this caused the Angel to lose his own. Which allowed for his defeat and eventual death.

"The thing is though, I couldn't have held as I did what I needed too. Luckily she was there to protect you. That mask of hers is incredible and the clothing she wears undoubtedly protected you as she likely wrapped you in them to shield you from the fire and heat that was shot at you. I don't believe you realized how little she was wearing afterwards but it was to protect you but demons often have leashes to those that they offer services too. The reason she wants you seems to be because you have something she wants. As I see with the young gentleman over there. It seems none of you are anything ordinary. Of course, we aren't ordinary creatures but the things all of you have done. Are not what I have expected." Miklan responded as he looked at James, Sylvia, DeAndre, Victoire and then turned towards Sebastian.

"I think it is finally time you should all introduce yourselves and get to know one another. There will be few people you will ever meet again so make these bonds and relations important... Though, there was one more of us and I shall take a look for him once we dispose of this body. We cannot allow the remnants of an angel to exist and I shall take care of it immediately after Sylvia decides what she wishes to do with the rest of it... Seems she has at least gotten her worth out of it." Miklan responded as he had hoped this would be a period of rest.

The four horseman though. That was something he had definitely needed too look into and while it was indeed a benefit for them all it had been an incredible time since the Reapers had seen the last of their four leaders. Though, the demon being able to free them intrigued him and he wondered what had been of them this entire time.

(@Kobold , @Ur Degaton , @Wister , @WanderingWriter ,@Zahara )

Last edited:
Tsubasa reached down to grip the bloodied girl, eyes locked on the approaching monstrosity until he turns to sprint back towards the fight he'd run from. This was so far beyond what the boy's mind could comprehend that there was not even time to be afraid. He knew from how it carried its power alone that this was so far beyond whatever threat laid back in that lobby. "We just need to make it through the doors, ok? Just a little farther, but we have to make it until then."
He could hear the sound of arrows whistling through the air towards him, and right before they'd hit he felt a sharp pain in his hands and impact would not come. But he could feel the girl growing heavier and more soaked in his arms, seeming to get more and more exhausted.
"We just have to make it through the doors."
Tsubasa had had far too many bursts of epinephrine in the last hour, and his body was running out. His body was starting to ache, legs feel heavier, breath feel shorter. But he makes it, bursting through the steel doors to stumble into the room where the others were.
"I am truly sorry for running off," he gasps between pants of exertion. "But believe me, there was nothing I could have done. I know that- I know that this might be like the boy who cried wolf to you now, but there was nothing I could have possibly done to help."
The boy pauses to catch his breath, realizing that many of the others here were doing the same. There's warmth and moisture on his forehead, and reaching up to wipe it off rewards him with excruciating pain and blood on his skin. Several of his bandages had come loose or fallen completely off, including the one over his eye.
getattachment.jpg

It was still only in the early stages of whitening, but Tsuabasa could barely see out of it. Due to both its impaired seeing, the cut across it, and the swollen bruising of his eyelid he opted to squint it mostly shut.
"If you're all as tired as you look, you won't be able to win this. It's Pestilence, one of the Four Horseman."

James picked up the bowl of liquid and gazed at its contents."I'm guessing this is hot chocolate, I'm not suprised as it was pretty much the only thing you Aztecs drank," He said, taking a gulp of the dark colored liquid. It was slightly bitter but not unpleasant, and it filled him with renewed energy and strength. He guessed it was some kind of divine drink used to help allies recover from battle. The fact that it was chocolate of all things made him chuckle internally.

He thanked Miklan as he caught the thread of warriors, before promptly sticking it in his pocket for later use. He didn't know how long he would survive as he knew he was undoubtedly the weakest reaper in the room. Which was mostly due to a lack of experience in supernatural matters and having only recently become a reaper. So it gave him some confort that a god was looking out for the new guy who's pretty much just cannon fodder at this point.

James turned around to introduce himself just in time for Tsubasa to stumble through the doors, looking like he'd run a mile while being attacked by an animal. And judging by the many injuries he had, something definitely happened."Pestilence, like disease?" He asked rhetorically, suprised that it has only been a few minutes and they were already facing another enemy. And a Horseman of the apocalypse of all things.

In the elevator, Sebastian made no significant response, though he did look down to read the words on the paper in front of him, thinking of them during his ride down. He ultimately agreed with sentiment, and though he was disturbed by these individuals appearing in front of him, he was able to keep his composure much better than when he saw the array of destruction in the lobby of the hospital.

“I’m sorry. I hadn’t realized that I was wanted.” Sebastian replied, staring back with equal intensity. While he was overall well-mannered, that was simply due to his sense of right behavior aligning with the expected, and not only out of being polite. And while he understood that this was a death god, authority wasn’t something that he would bow down to for the sake of the power difference. He did, however, have some sense in keeping aware of this power difference as he kept his sights on the pale eyes of Mictlāntēcutli, refraining from ever focusing on the blood on the tiles. Granted, it seemed that the death got had noticed his earlier interest in it, which only irritated Sebastian. Both the thought of his weakness and of another feeling the need to respond to it made his skin prickle.

He glanced down at the cup and took a few steps to be within reach of it, picking it up with care. As he bent down, his flask would be visible, sitting in his inner left jacket pocket. A simple black case concealed and contained the syringes in the right. Upon noting the scent of alcohol mixed with the chocolate, he set it back down at its place in front of him, something that he suspected could be taken as a slight, though he did not intend it to be. He simply didn’t drink alcohol, as it did not fall within what he saw as moral, but this wasn’t something to preach about to others.

These thoughts all flowed slowly through his mind, alongside what felt like faster currents of confusion and uncertainty, which were not at all eased by the exposition provided by Miklan. The lack of sleep probably wasn’t helping him understand the weight of any of this. Still, it wasn’t as if his response would have ever been a wild one, and he merely said nothing as he tried to comprehend what was occurring. Some of the lore wasn’t all that foreign to him - he wasn’t well versed in it, but at least he had some knowledge of the supernatural to go off of.

He then felt pity for the boy who burst through the door before being overcome with more concern. This had definitely seemed like a much safer place to be the day before, and he was quite removed from being prepared for any fighting. His skills he had honed, both in death and in life, had been largely of a material nature, and not purely combative. It is much easier to attack when one’s opponent is asleep, after all, but as he thought of what to do, he tested his senses. If Pestilence had any blood in his body, perhaps he could be of use, assuming Sebastian could locate it without direct contact. He looked absently toward the direction where the boy had come from, not intending on looking at anything in particular, only on orienting himself as to where the threat was coming from.