3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Advanced
  6. Prestige
  7. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
So, in this world the Devil has made a treaty with the three reigning Reapers. The ones who are called and designated by the titles of flesh, blood and bone. They have agreed to work together for their goals to end the most powerful deity that has ever graced existence. Though, things may need to be rushed as the Ancient of Days, Adonai, is planning another purge of the world for its sins and treachery. The Reaper's find this blasphemous as such mass extinction usually requires the approval of the Gods of Death. It appears that this deity no longer requires them and this has created a fear that their relevance may be at an end.

The purpose of these creatures has always been to end life and existence. To assure that everything returns to what it once was and to bring balance and control to life as well as forcing it too change.

Time is ending and their control is faltering, in desperation the Three Reaper's have decided so save one singular city during God's coming fire. As the world ends, Izanami has decided that this city will be that of Tokyo. It is the largest human settlement that has ever existed in human history and being bias towards her own people, she has decided to give them favor. If required though, the other Gods can take advantage of fate, coincidence, luck, or whatever they can muster to bring the humans they wish for salvation and potential to become immensely destructive beings known as Reapers.

These are not the only dangerous beings within this world. Angels are known to question and even challenge Gods intentions. There are Demons who have waged a violent war with the reapers over control of the underworld but with their new alliance coming to fruition, this may be the first time in history where Demons and Reapers work en mass. There have been some Demons who have defied even the devil though and may have sought refuge within the Death Gods. Lastly, the humans have existed to this modern day. Magic is something that has existed in their world and there may be some humans who are still dedicated to the craft. Their unique trait is that they have never been designated a future and their freedom to decide for themselves on how they wish for their life to be, is their own choice.

We will be living in a world of brutal endeavors and have to survive many things. You need to be careful and decide for yourself on how to live through this strife.

May luck be yours and choose your pact wisely.

-Abbadon

izanami___noragami___by_ksulolka-d9k9jzs.jpg

Izanami No Mikoto, Matron of the Dead

"Welcome, sentient soul, my name is Izanami. I am the Matron of the dead. One of many Gods dedicated to the idea that you beings call death. There are quite many of us and our goal has always been to create balance within our world. You have likely heard of the many beings your kind tend to worship. Whether it is many or even if it is none at all, you have likely been affected by these ideas. Those creations have a purpose, like mine, and must tend to the world and it's inhabitants. As time continues, we must assure that things never stop changing and it is at this point we must rebel against some powerful entities to bring them too heel."

And end it shall, one of the leading reapers within the coalition. She also controls the main army of the dead known as the Shinigami. Despite being the one with the most reach, she is also known for being the most precise with her actions. She believes that there must be balance and that justice will eventually come to those that deserve it. An angry and jealous being, she was betrayed by the person she loved and adored. One of the first beings to ever die, she was sent to the underworld where she slowly starved in a large empty void known as the Underworld. She could no longer live like she had before and as time went on, she eventually found a single tree that bore some fruit. Giving in to her starvation, she devoured the fruit and slowly started to become an embodiment of death herself. Rotting and falling apart, she would eventually become bone. Though, she did not die and instead she slowly began to regain her flesh as her body began to reappear on the emptiness of her bones.

She would be reborn as an entity of death. She would begin to expand what we know of the underworld and breathe life in this empty place.

For those that wish to follow under Izanami she is dedicated to the Pact of Flesh. The ability to regenerate limbs, eyes, brains or a heart. Can be done if you devote yourself to her but fear not, if you can one day overcome this deity, you may be able to control things as she does. The involvement of flesh, can also include manipulating your skin to be tough, or rigid enough to withstand cuts from blades as well as bringing things to life from your body like rats, insects, ravens, et cetera to aid you. The altering of the body can have numerous affects and if you wish to do so, choose this god to be your guide.

• 1f1049287bd9f2a3cf5294b66dfa7754.jpg
    azrael.jpg

Azrael, The Angel of Death
    "Before you even exist, your name is written within the confines of my book. It is a name that I will come to know and a name that could change the world or offer at least a few moments before disappearing for eternity. I am a rarity and one of the few Reapers known to be an Angel. Such designation proclaims importance and my worth in this war is to commit to my purpose. God was born as king of the Angels though I suffer with the idea of any king. Balance has always been the purpose of my kind and bringing that to its end is what we must focus on as our promise to this world. I am not kind to demons and they have suffered my wrath consistently but this is a time to unite as I believe something more evil is happening within the heavens and it is our goal to bring things to balance."

Balance is what this world requires. It is something that needs to be done to fulfill the Reapers purpose. Azrael is one of the few who can bring Reaper's into this world and not only that but being an angel helps him defy death. If a Reaper of his dies he can use his angelic magic to bring life back within them. Though, this is something dangerous as it requires sacrifices in turn. The more valuable someone is, the more things that must be taken to bring them back into this world. There is a problem though, as Reaper and Angel magic does not often work with one another. It could cause the angel to be corrupted or infested with Demons. While the Devil may be an ally at this time does not mean he won't take more Reaper's to his side. His Reapers often travel in pairs if case such infestations happen and the Reaper must end the life of the other to make sure they don't fall to the Devil.

Azrael is an Angel with the powers of the Reaper. This makes him very different than other angels. While those Angels will often follow the will of God. Azrael is more similar to Demons in the sense that he can defy God and do as he pleases. Though God has used Azrael as a messenger and as his personal Reaper but things are changing and this Angel is beginning to believe it should be an end to the Creator. He is beginning to sound himself more like a demon.

For those that are wishing to follow under Azrael. He is currently defined as the pact of Blood. Such things allow for blood magic as well as the creation of weapons through blood. While these Reapers can heal similarly too Izanami they have the requirement of drinking blood too allow that too happen. Blood is a weakness though as they need to be careful to keep their blood levels stable. They can also make small cuts and slashes into something extremely damaging as they also have the ability to make blood unable to clot. Which can be troublesome for opponents. They can also absorb powers temporarily from other reapers through the drinking of blood. They are the most adaptable but also among the most vulnerable as a lack of blood can mean collapse, blindness and even death for these Reapers.

• 390e566f1ad862a2715d0e9e751a941b.jpg
    nikita-orlov-mictlan-sketches.jpg

Mictlāntēcutli, Lord of Miklan

"I am one of the forgotten and unknown that still exists within the land. I have also been one of the few that has belonged to the Pact of Flesh, Blood and Bone. This awful system of power is how we Death Gods create a working hierarchy within ourselves. Only one can have any designated title at any given time and the one I have attained is the one of bone. Reapers have control of each of these to a certain extent but focus will yield greater strength with one but let the others falter. They all have their purposes and advantages to the beings that control them and mastering all three is a difficult task. A fourth caste does exist and it is the one of spirit which all Reapers can influence but not one can claim to reign it. As for those that choose that caste, it is one of equality and while I respect such stances we do not have the luxuries of that life."

The one that cares least for the efforts of the other Reapers has decided to give what he can to their efforts. Being a part of the council you are among the most important decision makers for the Gods of the dead. Chosen through conflict between Reapers with the victor gaining the title. Title holders may be replaced and changed as needed if problems arise through fierce battle. The process cannot be abandoned once instated and must continue until death decides itself to present the victor with its prize. The three that hold this will be able to enter the most sacred of places with the initial graveyard which was the birthplace of everything as well as the last thing to exist before it is all gone. Death will imbue a mark on those that are its leaders and it will gladly take it away from those and actively work against them if they do not live to its expectations.

While being important to the Reaper's the largest reason to become the leader of a pact is to offer more control over a certain section of life. Though, being a target isn't necessarily positive but there usually isn't too many rumblings within the underworld at the decisions the three usually make but this may be a period that can change that.

Mictlāntēcutli is among Gods who doesn't necessarily seem too focused on the aspect of death but those whom are dying. Known for keeping people locked within bone cages, he is obsessed with the idea of how things die. It has always been their focused and while they have been interested in blood and flesh sacrifices they have preferred dealing with bones themselves.

The Pact of Bone is interesting as it can allow for numerous implementations. From spreading bone shards across the ground to allow it to grow into skeletal limbs which can help secure of bring creatures down. Towards making your own bones erupt from your body to create blades or blunt weapons. Sharp teeth are known as well as the use of skeletons to fight for you. While the pact of bone doesn't necessarily have an army the sheer amount of skeletons a Reaper can summon is incredibly overwhelming and the amount you can use to hoard someone is relentless. Problems can arise with making weapons that rip from your body though as this obviously will damage your body. Being able to allow for flesh and blood and mix with other pacts can help as well but you will not be as good as those that proclaim themselves to that pact. Though, pacts can change though you must remove the previous pact from yourself and this will leave you remarkably weak. So keep in mind whom you choose.

• 1b2256e32ca428b69036e72941cf085c-700.jpg
    black_magic_by_xdimov-d5akz2g.png

ONE WITH NOTHING
    The last of the pacts and most open is the pact of souls. Tied to no particular God it is the central thing all Reapers are associated with and the one thing that unites them. The manipulation of souls, spirits and essence of life is something every Reaper should be accustomed too. This relationship with this pact compared to the others is simple to visualize with a triangle with the pact of soul centered within the middle. The Pact of Blood requires Bone to create it, bone requires Flesh to keep it together and Flesh requires blood to keep it alive. There is also a simple way to see how a combination of focus on one power can help in differing situations.

This pact is capable of being the most unique. It can be almost anything and this is a reason it is so important to the Reapers.

• As for the Character Sheet, here it is. I would prefer more realistic artwork if you plan to use images to describe your Reaper or any kind of creature you wish. Things like witches, vampires, and werewolves do exist but we shall focus our main cast within the Reapers. We will be united and working often together and having to deal with whichever creatures we need to deal with.

Basics

Name:

Place of Birth:

Species/Racial Origin:

Pact Dedication:

Appearance

Height:

Weight:

Hair:

Eyes:

Detailed Physical Description(Scars, Notable features, etc.):

Typical Clothing/Equipment:

Personality/Attributes

Personality/Attitude:

Skills/Talents:

Favorites/Likes:

Most Hated/Dislikes:

Goals/Ambitions:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Fears:

Philosophy of Life:

Attitude Toward Death:

Beliefs:

Most Instructive/Painful/Memorable Experience:

• maxresdefault.jpg
    edbfb1709c8bb20948f0dfb8cc40d710.jpg

This shall be discussed but shall take place in Tokyo Japan. The Armageddon will soon start to begin and most of the world will erupt with fire. People who are needed will find themselves drawn to the largest human settlement of all time and more importantly the place that will attract these people is towards a specific hospital. If your character is already a demon, reaper or whichever they shall find themselves here. If you are a human you will find your way here and this building seems to be something particular as everyone will be quick to notice that there is absolutely no one here.

• I do apologize for how long this has taken I was also waiting to see if others would be interested but much has happened but I am excited to try and start this and keep it alive. I know there are things I should likely still answer and any questions I will gladly answer! Let me know what you guys think and I know I took a lot from my first post but I am working on a post starting this as well as character sheets for the players I shall be using for this. See ya!

Name: John Salem

Place Of Birth: Chicago, USA

Species: Undead

Pact Dedication: Pact Of Spirit

Height: 6'0

Weight: 45Kg

Hair: None

Eyes: None

Physical Description: Being Cursed as a reaper John was stripped of all his humanity as punishment for his crimes against said humanity. Because of this he has the appearance of a skeleton with no notable features to distinguish himself from any other human skeleton.

Clothing: Wears a grey robe, black boots, black belt, grey pants, as well as a comedy drama mask to hide his appearance from humanity, any normal person would just think of him as a strange looking pedestrian

Personality/Attitude: John is a laid back and pretty average in terms of emotional complexity, despite having his emotions erased as part of the curse he still displays and expresses emotions in appropiate situations. John has a "Fish Out Of Water", attitude as a result of still not being used to the supernatural aspects of the world

Skills/Talents: Weapon Usage - In his previous life John was quite the combatant due to his life as a hitman, he can use most weapons with ease.
Lockpicking - has knowledge and practice in unlocking doors and windows.
Agility - Being a hitman means being fast and graceful, John is agile enough to escape many situations.
Pain Resistance - Being a skeleton has its benefits, one of them being the inability to feel pain.

Favorites/Likes: Television - the only enjoyment John can have in his cursed afterlife is entertainment.

Dislikes: His curse, those who had a more fortunate afterlife, and pretty much all deities/gods.

Goals: Collect enough souls to possibly ascend to a better afterlife.

Strengths: Combat Prowess and Pain Resistance

Weaknesses: Mental Attacks, Gullible, Unfamiliar with the supernatural

Fears: Eternal Damnation, Gods, The Underworld

Philosophy: "Just don't question it" ~John Salem

Attitude towards death: Thinks it honestly couldn't be worse.

Beliefs: Doing whatever it takes.

Most Painfull Experience: Having his skin torn off and soul stripped of all human qualities.

It seems rough just sorry lots been going on with health but I'm alive! Have been throwing up blood but I don't mind starting this with two and if we attract more I'm up for it. I have ideas and such and am feeling much better and should be more controllable now! @Ur Degaton

Name: Victoire (or Vic/Vicky) Babineaux

Place of Birth: Annecy, France

Species/Racial Origin: (I don't know what to put here, I want to say that she looks human but isn't)

Pact Dedication: Pact of Flesh

Appearance
9c707470adf1303f022bce5ee986d9b8--tattooed-girls-inked-girls.jpg

Height: 4'8

Weight: 110 lbs

Typical Clothing/Equipment: She typically wears small, white sundresses, sandals and a cross-body white purse, playing up her rather innocent look. She refuses to carry any weapon other than a small pocketknife that she can hide in her purse.

Personality/Attributes

Personality/Attitude: She is quite sweet and kind, though she does have a stubbornness streak and a ruthlessness when it comes to those who harm others. She has a tendency towards sarcasm with the other reapers but this does not show when she is speaking to other people. She makes herself feel at home in any situation, her innocent appearance making most people incredibly comfortable with her.

Skills/Talents: She is able to convince most people that she is trustworthy, so most people will tell her anything as long as she asks the right way. Despite being in a dress almost all of the time, she is quite agile which helps her avoid most fights as she hates fighting.

Favorites/Likes: Tea, learning people's secrets, laughing, those who trust her, convincing other reapers to dance with her

Most Hated/Dislikes: Rude people, those who harm others, especially those who harm children, those who lord power over other people and fighting

Goals/Ambitions: To one day be able to help every soul that could possibly need her instead of only being able to deal with a few

Strengths: Understanding, supportive, agile, very good with knives

Weaknesses: She is not very strong or tall, she is very easily subdued, kind to a fault, willing to help anyone (even those who don't deserve it) which can put her in horrible situations

Fears: Her father from her human life, being unsuccessful, things she does not understand

Philosophy of Life: Be kind to others until they are no longer kind to you, then and only then, ruin them.

Attitude Toward Death: It comes for everyone, why not enjoy it at least?

Beliefs: Helping others as much as possible

Most Instructive/Painful/Memorable Experience: Her father from her human life was incredibly abusive so she welcomed death when it came for her, she took her death as proof that there was a way to escape bad situations and come out of it a better person.

Reactions: TheDevil'sGame
I'll be joining too! I'll try to have a character made soon, just reading up on everything

Name:
DeAndre Isiah Blackmoore
Place of Birth:
Pittsburgh, Pa
Species/Racial Origin:
Human Mage
Pact Dedication:
Pact of Bone

Appearance
1543428943880.png

Height:
6'3"
Weight:
230lbs
Hair:
Black
Eyes:
Brown

Typical Clothing/Equipment:
1543429110299.png

Personality/Attributes

Personality/Attitude:

The situation dictates his demeanor. He is usually an extremely down to earth kind of guy. Seems to be quiet before you get to know him, and then his outgoing nature will show. However, he does hold grudges. If you manage to piss him off and get on his bad side, you can consider yourself in the dog-house until further notice. He isn't someone that will go out of his way to save a stranger, putting his personal safety above all else. However, there are moments when he can and will be selfless.
Skills/Talents:
Athleticism
- In one form or another, D has always been a part of some sort of sports team. He's played Lacrosse, Football, Soccer, Baseball, and Basketball...and nearly all at a college level, some at the Pro level. With that level of training and discipline he has the ability and diversity to use his body for various purposes in a number of situations. His motor function skills, reflexes, ability to adapt to his surroundings and sudden changes, and use of strength are all above that of your average human being.
Magic- He comes from an extremely mixed background, he himself being mixed, and both sides of his family come from magic. His father's side was more into Voodoo and Dark Arts while his mother's side was more aligned with the natural magical energy of the world. He was brought up with extensive knowledge of magic and how to implement the various aspects of it, as magic became a regular part of his growing up. He was more attune with using elemental magics, Air being his strong point, and using magic on himself to bolster his own attributes.
Favorites/Likes:
Music of all kinds, hot foods, sour candies, cats more than dogs, besting a great opponent, pushing past his limits
Most Hated/Dislikes:
Failure, People who complain, People who give up, being bested, cold pizza, and spiders
Goals/Ambitions:
To be the best Reaper there is and put all others to shame, and see if he can't surpass that and become something more
Strengths:
Decisive, Imaginative, Cooperative, Charismatic, Adaptable, and Willing
Weaknesses:

Sarcastic, Vengeful, Inconsistent, Stubborn, Moody, and Impulsive
Fears:
Letting himself down, being a disappointment to his family, losing those that matter to him, being viewed as useless
Philosophy of Life:
Live like your being judged, always bring your A-game
Attitude Toward Death:
The game has to end to some day, just try to end it with a high-score morally
Beliefs:
Actions speak louder than words, so get it done before you talk about it
Most Instructive/Painful/Memorable Experience:
The passing of his mother to brain cancer, the realization that there are just some things that even magic can't fix.​

@TheDevil'sGame
It seems rough just sorry lots been going on with health but I'm alive! Have been throwing up blood but I don't mind starting this with two and if we attract more I'm up for it. I have ideas and such and am feeling much better and should be more controllable now! @Ur Degaton
I hope you're feeling much better, because that doesn't sound good at all.

Just wanted to see if this was still an ongoing thing, I loved the idea that you've created here

@TheDevil'sGame
I hope you're feeling much better, because that doesn't sound good at all.

Just wanted to see if this was still an ongoing thing, I loved the idea that you've created here

I am, got things from doctor and good to go I am glad it still has interest it's my fault for disappearing but I'm creating a post now and deciding where to take it. This world will be defined by it's characters and their choices. I have plans but that doesn't mean it shall go that way. I'll be letting the players make choices in this game. The first will be interesting and can even decide not to make a choice as well. Everything's a choice and I don't want this to necessarily follow a path. Even the devil and gods of death don't foresee what will happen but glad love idea and hope post comes today!

I posted and will be posting regularly and might make a discord and pinged you both in it. I hope first post is good I didn't place picture or images which I do plan but wish it out there so you guys can see if this is something you wish to continue. Thank you again for your patience.

@Ur Degaton , @WanderingWriter

Reactions: WanderingWriter
Seeing if anymore people would like to join I shall connect signups and the roleplay tomorrow and potentially make a discord if that may help but if interested let me know!

@Zahara Zaha, @WanderingWriter

Both you guys are accepted I was incredibly blind and didn't see the character sheets and if you would still like to join Zahara I would love the addition as well as thank you for the post wandering writer!

No problem!

Just curious too...are there allowed to be multiple characters of the same pact? if Zaha joins, I'd still like to create another character, but if she doesn't then I can just make one who has made the Pact of Flesh

@TheDevil'sGame

No problem!

Just curious too...are there allowed to be multiple characters of the same pact? if Zaha joins, I'd still like to create another character, but if she doesn't then I can just make one who has made the Pact of Flesh

@TheDevil'sGame

Yes, each pact is essentially an organization with a present leader amongst it. Except for the pact of spirit which contains the largest congregation of reapers. Though while it doesn't specialize with any it's success is the capability of doing it all. Though it remains leaderless in a sense and is generally agreed upon by reapers that these individuals are choosing to remain separated from the rest. That does not mean that there aren't powerful or influential groups. The Shinigami which are one of the largest armies within the reapers belong to this pact and not only that but have an incredibly close connection with Izanami whom is currently the leader of the pact of flesh.

The other pacts are run by those leaders that currently have fought their way to be there. This makes reapers a bit untrusting towards others of their same kind especially during a conflict like this.

Having reapers loyal to a pact increases their powers in that regard. It can be incredibly useful and helpful. Though, switching from pact to pact is not necessarily easy as you must remove your control over another to focus on one. Which allows you to still essentially use two but the second will not be as advanced as the first and is seen as simply the other you feel will be helpful.

Each pact has thousands of reapers and has gone through many leaders. On this current council Azrael is the oldest and most respected and Miklan is one of the few who has been a leader of all three at one time. Izanami has become one if the most influential outside of her pact and has the most which choose her as second much to Miklans criticism and Izanami's dismay. Even if they are removed it isn't good to hold anger nor wrath amongst the reaper that defeated you. Wrath is a symbol of the devil and is not close to the order and balance death brings but that doesn't mean hatreds don't run deep with these creatures.

Izanami and Azrael are on fairly good terms but Miklan was the only one who voted against going to war. That doesn't mean he is not aiding or assisting in their endeavors and he has his reasons to not wish to joining the devil. He also believed that if they allowed God and the Devil to fight they may be able to defeat them at their weakest. The only worry is the victor may also come out stronger so the other two voted to join in now.

Joining any pact means you will be aided by others in the same group and will also be protected by the patron or matron of that group. You will also be able to voice your ideas or concerns and are treated as equal even amongst the leaders. If you wish to challenge them then being a part of the group is the best way. Though, they may even be inclined to give it to you. Not all leaders have left the position through violence if anything about half will give their position away if they feel someone else can is being called upon to do it.

Groups can also become larger than others there is no terms and if all reapers wished to be flesh it is possible. They simply need to continue to run the after life and make sure they don't lose control of reapers nor have a civil war amongst themselves. Weird things like that.

Sorry for the spam I may respond soon and I feel so bad for Zahara! DX

Reactions: WanderingWriter
Why do you feel bad for me??? I’m so confused!?! I still want to join but I feel like I’m a step or two behind here.

@Zahara You shouldn't be too far behind, I just saw that the thread was up and posted today.

@TheDevil'sGame Since Zahara is still with us, I'll make a character for the Pact of Spirit.

@Zahara

You are not too far behind at all there are only a few posts within the thread already and I shall have it linked here: OPEN SIGNUPS Devil's Triad

You are still free to join us Zahara and do not worry nothing has really happened as of yet. If you have questions you can always PM me but if you guys want we can always make a discord for this.

I don't mind having people in differing pacts and I apologize for not seeing your post earlier. Which is why I feel bad Zahara and all that is happening within the roleplay is that this hospital in Tokyo is attracting people physically to it. Our characters will be brought to this place and this will be the start of many events that will unfold.

Your character has found there way to Japan whether it was coincidence, fate, or many other possibilities. They are meant to be brought here as the world is ending outside.