The Devil’s Playground

"Let her up, I said let her up" Gin repeating it with a stern tone when
the bartender gave him a confused look. Picking up Zullie's gun and unloading the rounds onto the floor before re-holstering her pistol into her belt just as the bartender let her go. Gin pushes her shoulder back and slaps her before lifting her in the air and pinning her to a near by wall with his wrist up to her throte "You don't know shit!" Gin snaps swiftly gut punching and moving to the side to let her drop onto the floor "feel that, when was the last time you ate a decent meal?" He says looking down at her with disgust "hurts doesn't it, thats your body wanting to throw up something that isn't there" Gin lectures Zullie as he crouched down next to her so only she could here him "you really expect me to trust you when your all ready halfway in the grave?" Pulling out a horse syringe and jabbing her in the thigh to knock her out before standing back up and shaking his head. "Should I take her to the sheriff's office?, I herd she attacked him earlier" Gin remains quiet still looking at Zullie, examining the large scar across her face "no, but ill take the two rooms you have up stairs" Gin finally said while he picks her up "you guys have a bath here right?".

A few hours later in Zullie's room, Gin had managed to have a bath brought to her room and cut zullies cloths off down to her under garmets cutting off there sleeves before placing her into the warm bath tub. He cleans the scrapes and cuts on her legs and arms with a warm cloth before moving up to her face wiping the built up of dirt and makeup. A woman that was in the bar earlier enters the room and places a tray of food and some new cloths on to the bed. "I managed to get what I could do you need me to do.... never mind, ill leave you to it " the woman says admiring how gentle Gin was with Zullie before she took her leave. Feeling slight movements from Zullie, Gin leans back and waits until she had woke up "your going to have to finish the rest your self, you'll get your things back after you've finished your bath and the food right there" Standing back up and picking up his coat from the chair he sat on. "If the cloths aren't to your liking, then we'll figure it out tomorrow, see you in the morning, you can call me Gin, and unless you stole that hand bag I take it your Zullie" stopping at the door while he looked back "...just try to get some sleep" closing the door and returning to his room.

Zullie’s eyes widen at the slap, the last time she had been hit that hard was when she angered her father when she was about seven years old and she had told her mother that she wished she was dead. Thinking of that memory now just made the sting burn more. Her eyes water for the first time in months and she even let out a pathetic whimper. When he hit her again, she felt the air leave her lungs and the light leave her eyes.

Zullie feels the warm water against her dry, dirty skin. It seems to soothe some aching wounds and wash away the grime she had build up for herself. By the time she came to her senses she was nearly clean, her undergarments clung to her wet skin, she looks around confuse. Seeing Gin, she thought for a moment she was seeing a ghost but it disappears once she realize who it really was. She opens her mouth to speak but Gin cuts her off telling her exactly what she needed to do. Zullie felt like she had no choice but to follow him, simply nodding as he left her alone. She did as she was told washing the rest of her body and changing into he cloth Gin gives her. Although when she tries to sleep she could not and instead found herself staring at the dark.

Zullie had no idea how long it took her to fall asleep but she was pretty sure she heard birds chirping when she did. The bright sun came through the window and onto her face waking her up from her short slumber. She groans, her cheek hurting from the slap and her head hurting from the slam. She gotten beaten up and was weak, seeing the food from last night she scarfs it down almost puking when she did but slowing down when her stomach became sick. Once she was done, she headed out the room, opening her door and peeking around for Gin beginning to think he has left her.

Gin had actually left before the sun had risen to hunt a few local bounties and finished a few errands in town even taking Zullies horse to the stables to get her horse its nutrients shots and restocking her provisions before getting her guns cleaned. He returns to saloon just to find Zullie peeking her head out from her room. "I take it you had ....some sleep" Gin said noticing she still had some bags under her eyes, he pushes her door open to peek inside to see if she ate her food before taking her gun belt off his shoulder and rapping it around her waist "i got it refitted, but you should start thinking about switching to revolvers, pistols are good for speed, but it takes more shots to actually kill a man" He says pushing her her chin up to look at her cheek "makeup is nice, but mix it with sweat and you'll only end up blinding your self" Handing her satchel back to her "your rifles on your horse, there is a train leaving for tumbleweed soon" Gin said walking back down stairs but stops half way looking back up at her. "You help me find the old man, and ill help you with the gang, but if you ever think of drawing on me again, there won't be another chance" Gin using a serious tone while he made his way back to his horse and waited until Zullie came out of the saloon. "I herd you were out this way" A young native man says riding up to Gin making him. "What brings you here?" "just passing through, I'm on my way to van horn, herd a couple of poachers were camping out in one of the abandoned buildings there, what about you? Herd you did some real work on those odriscals boys a few weeks ago" The man said making Gin look down before placing one of his hands on his horse to pat it. Seeing Gin's reaction the man just nods "then, ill leave you to it" the Native man Said tilting his hat before riding off.

Zullie tenses up when Gin appears, memories of last night still linger on her mind, not to mention she felt the bruising left by him after being gut punched. She looks away from when him when he mention sleep not even wanting to think about that. She was still groggy from the tranquilizer and the food she ate was starting to fight her empty stomach causing another pain to arise. Her cheeks went red when he began wrapping her weapon around her like some child. She was even more shock when he grabs her chin looking at her ugly scar. She flinch smacking his hand away from her chin. “Stop man handling me. I’m not a child” she said sounding like her normal self. “I can do as I please” she said grabbing her satchel from him checking inside to make sure that nothing was missing. “You were correct. My name is Zullie” she said. At the mention of the train heading to tumbleweed, her face pales. She thought he was going to send her away just like Gerald did but was surprise at his change of tone. A smile appears on her face but quickly turns into a scowl when he makes his threat about drawing her gun on him again. It made sense he wouldn’t give her a chance next time. Gerald didn’t even give her one chance when she pulled it on him, she suppose that was one way they were different.

Once Zullie was done messing with her now clean hair and smearing her make up onto her face she heads over to Gin leading her horse by the reins. Gin had gone up ahead and by the time she reached him another man was with him. She stop listening to their conversation before watching the man go. She said nothing as she got onto her horse riding now to him. “Are you really going to help me?” She ask him. “With Muerta Verda?” She was suspious of Gin and his intentions. She was sure he didn’t really need her help but she thought maybe last night display made him pity her. She scoffs looking away from him.

Last edited:
Gin says nothing as he turns to look back at Zullie who was once again covered in makeup only shaking his head
And turning back around to unhitch his horse. "Would you leave me alone if I told you no?" Answering her question with another question while he led his horse to the train but stops seeing the sheriff having trouble trying to move one of the men that Gin had caute this morning. He approaches the small group stopping the man from fighting back not by doing anything to him, but giving sheriff Grey one last right hook managing to knock his hat off. "I'm ready to go inside" the man immediately says letting the deputies carry him into the cells. "You have a duty to these people Grey, get your shit together" "I know I know, mister wolf already reminded me" The sheriff said while he stood back up and waved as Gin returned to his horse and headed towards the train station. "What the hell are ya looking at, go get the other one" the sheriff snaps pushing one of his deputies before returning to his office holding his cheek. Getting to the station he pays for a ticket and loads his horse onto the train and waits for Zullie to pay for hers only to role his eyes and enters the train when she refused to spend any money. He takes a seat in the train and stairs out the window at Zullie until one of the clerk's announced that the train was about to take off. suddenly he holds out a sugar cube and mimics Zullie's whistle making her horse come charging through the station and into the passengers cart. a slight smirk rips across his lips looking at Zullie while he fed her horse hearing the train begin to blow its Whistle.

“No Mister Gin, I don’t think I would leave you alone. I can be quite a tumor, only one way to get rid of them” she said pretending to shoot herself with her hand laughing as she did. As they approached the small group, she peeks over the shoulder of Gin, wincing when he punches the sheriff throwing his hat off. Remembering his punch from last night made her feel bad from the sheriff. She wonders how many men and women Gin has gone around and punched or slapped. The mere thought of Gin going around and slapping others made her questions how the aces are held up to such wonders.

Once at the train station Zullie refuse to give up the money she earn already having hidden the money somewhere so that she could save it. It was the first time she was paid for a job and a successful one. All the other times the body was either too mangled up to be recognized or she brought the wrong person half the time. Granted she never killed anyone innocent but she just never brought the right bad guy just the lower level lankeys that weren’t worth anything. Beau was the first higher up bounties that she had captured and the only reason she went after him was because of Gin.

Zullie was all set for riding her horse off to tumbleweed with no problem when all of a sudden her horse took off running onto the train. Zullie’s eye twitch as she couldn’t process what had happened at the moment. She looks over to Gin who was sitting there with a satisfied smirk as the train starts to head off. Zullie scoffs crossing her arms before smiling herself. “Long way to tumbleweed! It’s a good thing I’m fast on my feet!” She shouted at him as she started to follow the train tracks. She didn’t need a useless horse to get anywhere, she could walk and run faster to anywhere she likes and that was what she was going to do.

Zullie ended up sneaking onto the train once it took off hiding with the luggage and cursing her horse for abandoning her. It wasn’t her fault she couldn’t afford to feed herself most of the time so how could she do the same for her horse? She closed her eyes feeling the small burst of energy she got from the food go away. She fell asleep, up until they were also back to tumbleweed. The bell rang loud and the train’s whistle went off. Stepping off the train she wipes her mouth feeling a bit of drool from her very uncomfortable nap. She looks around finding Gin get off the train, “You have a sick sense of humor mister. You beat me, bath me, feed me and then leave me. You sure know how to win over a woman’s heart” she sneers.

The smell of gun fire and smoke surrounded them, a couple of bodies laid on the ground. There seem to have been a battle, one in which the town lost. Sheriff Freeman looks around in disgust shaking his head wondering what to do. When he looks up he sees Gin. “An Ace? What brings someone like you down here? I thought your group has forgotten about rundown places like this” he said looking next to him spotting Zullie. “Well shit, bringing me back another mess? I thought you were dead girl. Thought I finally get some peace” he said sighing. “Looks like you had a party without me” Zullie said looking around at the dead bodies of some of the townsfolk. “Was it...”

“Del Lobos gang, Barbarella Alcazar to be exact. Damn bitch came around looted some stores and took out some innocents. She has been causing some real trouble around here lately. Don’t know if you have any time ACE but if you could help out some lowly lives like ourselves” Zullie looks at Gin awaiting his response.

Last edited:
Gin hops of the train stretching his arms while he let out a small yawn before looking around a raided tumbleweed. But it was when he mentioned the innocent being killed, did Gin react by Whistleing his horse causing it to leap from the train. "Did Muerta Verda like to party?" Ace said gesturing his head at the line of dead townsfolk covered in a large tarp "you think if we take that tarp off we will find a pretty scar like yours?" Using a serious tone as he got into Zullie's face "you think I'm trying to make you lauph Zullie?, hm?, you?, a spiteful little creature like you? Your gonna remember one thing kid, you asked me for help, now go and get your self some of that stew over there" Gesturing his head towards a stew pot that the deputies were all waiting in line for. "Back at Rhodes, i showed you what I expect out of you , non negotiable, what way did they head off to?" Gin said turning his attention back to the sheriff
"Uh, they headed west, took a few wagons with them too" "make sure the girl eats before she leaves, if not lock her in a cell until I get back, or you can go ahead and take care of that tumor ur self" glacing back at Zullie one more time referring to the unfunny joke she mentioned back at Rhodes before riding out of town with a determined look on his face. After a few minutes of riding, Gin picks up the gangs trail and follows it to a abandoned mining canyon. By the time Zullie would get there, all of the guards in the outer were already corpses being surrounded by vultures and a trail of men that looked as if they were sliced up pretty good leading into one of the mining shafts. Gunfire followed by screams was all you could here echoing from the cave.

Zullie was taken aback when Gin came to her, speaking to her firmly, she felt guilt spread through her when she realized her poor choice of words. At the mention of Muerta Verda made her look down even more shamefully. She said nothing, not even a word when he told the Sheriff that she needed to eat before leaving. Once Gin had left her Sheriff Freeman spoke to her, “First time I’ve seen you let someone talk to you like that especially a man“

“......”

“You got another letter from your sister. She’s worried about you, been asking when you’ll come to visit“

“I got work to do. Don’t got time for any visit. Not yet” Zullie said walking over to the front of the line. Pushing through the large men who glared at her but Freeman stopped them before they could do any harm.

Once she ate the stew she headed to where the gang left to hide. On her way there she saw the many bodies littered around. Looked like a massacre, just like tumbleweed just these weren’t innocent bodies. When she entered the cave she felt slight fear, her heart beat rose and her breathing quicken. Each body she came across was like the rest, she drew her gun unsure of how Gin might react to seeing her.

Gin continues move through the cave shooting out each lantern and moving with growing darkness pushing all the guards down further into the mine shaft. "I can't fuckin see him!" "Just shoot!"
"No!, no wait! Ahhhrgg!" A few men screamd just before the silence had kicked in only leaving the remainder of Barbarella's guards with her making a last stand down a tunnel that had led to a cave in. "Quit hiding you....." one of the guards yells only to have a dagger shoot out from the shadows and hitting him in the throat sending him to the floor choking on his own blood. Gin had been so concentrated on killing his way to Barbarella he fails to see Zullie walking up from behind him "aghh! .... fuu..." Gin yells as he clutched his chest when he finally saw Zullie but had to turn to trip and killbone of the guards try to flee out of the cave. "I'll draw there fire, make sure you hit your shots, there using revolvers, look for muzzle flashes" Gin said giving Zullie a quick plan of attack making sure the man he tripped was dead before moving closer to the cave in "I would ask you to drop your guns and come out with your hands up" Saying it loud enough for his voice to echo through the tunnel "you see, the world is full of so called outlaws like you who pray on the weak, and in a perfect world, anything we do comes with a price, if your lucky, you get a chance to set it right... but most of those times it go's unpunished, this ain't one of them times, the mistake you made was you took innocent lives, so, I'm going to kill each and every one of you and the only disappointment in it for me is I'll only get to kill you once"

Zullie screamed as well holding her chest, “Holy baby Jesus! You nearly made me piss myself!” She shouted at him seeing the dead bodies and how focus he was made Zullie wondered if this man was even sane. “Alright sounds like a plan” she muttered once they both seem to get their bearings together.Going down the tunnel, Zullie stared at some of the TNT laying around. One wrong shot and she could end up blowing up Gin and herself, she supposed killing Gin wouldn’t be too bad but if she died well then all would be for nothing. As they continued down the cave Gin’s voice boomed down the cave alerting anyone and everyone of what he was going to do. Zullie watched in awe as Gin made his threatening speech, her own blood went cold and she felt herself stop for a second. She had to push herself forward to walk next to him again. She thought she was suppose to be the crazy one. He sounded as though he was going to rip the teeth out of every single gang member and then wear them. There Zullie went, letting her imagination get to her.

“COME AND GET ME PUTO!” Barbarella screamed as two men came rushing towards Gin and Zullie. Zullie drew her gun shooting the man three times, he nearly fell on her but she was able too stumble back almost being shot at again. She took cover reloading and going up again shooting into the darkness. She could see some glints but before she could shoot she had to take cover again in fear that she would be shot in turn. She had been in gun fights before but never in a cave. Each shot was loud, causing her discomfort as well as anxiety. She could feel her head hurting with each shot and she began to feel panic, flashes of the night her mother and father died. She was next to them, the shot rang over and over in her ear. She dropped her gun covering her ears, she felt like she was going to be sick. “M-Mister Gin” she said weakly.

Gin swings his left hand back with force smacking the mans gun away while simultaneously slashing him with his knife in his right hand leaving the man in shock as he fell back and choked on his own blood. "You good? Gin said taking cover and look at Zullie "you shot?" Moving to her cover he takes a seat and picks up her pistol quickly reloading it "you got be shiting me" Gin snaps in frustration seeing her covering her ears but quickly calms his self by taking a deep breath "just wait here, ill be right back, and what does puto even mean? Handsome?" Gin asks using a curious "you there darling?!" Gin yells at Barbarella, waiting for a response and stepping out and firing his revolver to his the last three guards just as she spoke. "I got half the mind to bury you alive girl, so I suggest you come willingly because I don't have time to be messing about" Giving Barbarella one chance to give up since her men was dead.

Last edited:
Zullie flinches when Gin came towards her, she had a ringing in her ear. She thought that Gin would get angry at her especially because she was probably getting in the way. She was surprised to see him relax giving her some space and once again taking the lead. “I-I’m fine” she said finding the strength to get back up, she still felt a bit disorientated but was gonna pull herself together. It helped when he asked what puto meant and she had to hold back a laugh, “Yeah, handsome. Sure” she said covering her mouth to hide her smile.

“Pinche carajo” Barbarella said popping up from her hiding spot shooting at Gin. “You’re gonna have to kill me!” She shouted.

Gin takes cover again trying to dodge Barbarella's shots and ends up getting knicked on the shoulder. "Bitch" He curses under his breath poking the new hole in his coat. "Lady, I'm going to be very honest with you, I don't under stand ... o good you speak English" peeking back up firing a shot that kicked up some dust from the wall before rushing out and tackling Barbarella and elbowing her jaw with enough force to knock a tooth out. "Believe me Ma'am, I would kill you, but I believe the people of tumbleweed much rather see you hang" He taughts Barbarella while he wrestled her gun from her hand and using it to break her nose before tossing it away.
"But just in case you think of doing something stupid before then" He grabs her right hand and quickly sliced off her trigger finger "one more chirp out of you and i take your left" Ginsaid turning Barbarella over to hogtie her before picking her up and carrying her over shoulder. "Lets go" He tells Zullie as he makes his way back out of the mine.
Placing barbella on his horse he turns away for a few seconds to his self to look at his hands still not understand why they were shaking.pulling out a banana Gin cleans the blood from his hands stopping to feel his ring finger on his left hand closing his eye but quickly opens it when he hears Zullie finally coming out from the cave returning his attention to his horse.

Last edited:
“Looks like she’s a fighter” Zullie said laughing loudly. “Guess we’ll have to declaw this one don’t you think?” She said shooting at Barbarella. It didn’t take long for Gin to grab the bounty, tackling her down and really giving her a nice beating. By the time it was over Barbarella was missing a finger and quite broken. “Seems like you know how to show a girl a nice time” she said mockingly going around and looting the dead bodies finding some cash along with ammo and even some chocolate. “Treat for later” she said to herself as she headed out of the cave following Gin. Once outside Zullie was able to take a nice deep breath, that damn cave was really something else.

“That was quite the show back there Mister. You trying to prove something to someone? We want her alive don’t we? Fraid she might bleed out soon but I guess that isn’t much of a problem since we’ll get paid anyways” she said mounding her horse petting it. “Well then, let’s ride!” She said taking off back to tumbleweed where Sherif Freeman and his guys had finish cleaning up. “Well shit, looks like you brought her back and alive. Now that’s surprising, although barely still thank you kindly” he said. “You can place her in the cell. Here’s some money for your troubles” he said handing the money to Gin to which caused Zullie to peek her head around.

“You know, I must thank you again for helping with this criminal. She’s not the first and most certainly won’t be the last one coming around to cause trouble. Muerta Verda has been Making their rounds lately more now. You know... I might not have a right to ask but as I am on the side of the law I can’t really dip my feet into the underworld but you well I’m sure you’re okay with diving right in” he said. “I’ve been working with someone else undercover and well she might just be able to help. If you’re interested let me know” he said.

Gin doesn't really speak on the trip back only glancing at Zullie when she would speak and give a slight nod. He lets her take off on her own back to tumbleweed and rides at slower pace. "You shouldn't have killed those people" giving one last Barbarella one last thing to think of before he finally took her into the jail and put her in a cell. "So I've herd" Gin said counting the money before pulling out a few bills and handing it to Zullie. "you sheriff's should leave the union busting to the Pinkertons, You deputies keep your eyes on the horizon, you don't even see the shit happening in front of you" leaning on the doorway as he looked out towards the small cemetery seeing a family grieving.
"Like I told that one, once Gerald catches them, there won't be any thing left of them, but what the hell, i was heading there direction anyway, the only help I need is a location, if your mole can't tell me that then she ain't no help" He said glaring at the sheriff with an annoyed look. "Fill the girl in, ill be waiting at the pub Zullie" walking out of the sheriff's office and into the small town. Before he enters the pub, he stops by the cemetery giving his portion of the reward to the grieving family. Taking a seat at the bar, gin orders a whiskey but tells the bartender to leave the bottle while pulling out a small music box and opens it while he listened to its tune while he drank.

Zullie smiled when Gin handed her some money. She counted the bills slowly having to do it a couple of times before getting it right. She stashed the money away again, another successful bounty. She hadn’t really helped this time but still, she was there as back up and that counted for something at least for her. “Gerald? Now wh-“

“We are going after him or helping at least” Zullie said quickly. “Meeting the old bastard so that we can take those fools” she said confidently. “You can tell me all about this mole and where to find them come on!” She said dragging Freeman away.

A couple minutes later and Zullie came over to the pub rubbing her stomach. She wondered if this place had anything good to eat. Once she found Gin, she walked over to him sitting down. She looked at the strange music box, “Some kind of lonely man ritual?” She asked. “Seems like the mole is in Valentine. The name is Lucy Lockhart. We can identify her by a golden butterfly pin. So, shall we leave in the morning?”

"Its nothing" Gin said quickly closing the small box and slipping it into his coat pocket when Zullie had approached him. "Valentine huh?" Taking a swig from the whiskey bottle and raising an eye brow when she mentioned the name Lucy. "Lets head out around midnight, until then, make sure you get something to eat" Gin said standing back up and taking the bottle of whiskey. "Where you going mister?" Gin yells at a man that was about to step out of the bar "whats the matter? Food not to your liking?" gesturing his head to the mans table which had a bowl of food that looked as if it hadn't been touch. "Cat got your tongue?" "..ah no senior, I'm just not hungry is all" the man said taking off his hat. "So why did you pay for it?" Gin beginning to presure the man "you ain't one of Barbarella's men, I hear you were one of the men who actually fought back when those boys came into town, but you ain't one of the town folk, are you?" "Hmph, you got a keen eye mister" The man said leaning back on the wall next to the door. "You with Muerta Verda?" Gin asks making the man spit and curse under his breath. "You should tell miss Cortez I ain't interested " He said finally realizing that the man was from that gang he caught sticking up coaches the other day. "No, actually you can tell her I need a favor, tell her to bring her man into town and set up camp, I suspect Barbarella's gang to try and spring her before her hanging, surely your gang can help out with the towns defense" the man begins to lauph at the fact that gin were asking a gang like them for help. "She's gonna wanna know what's in it for her" "when your gang starts racking up those numbers, there's gonna be alot of bounties hunters gunning for you lot" "oh yhea?, and how is tha...." "I won't be one of them" . The man laughs again but stops when he see's how serious Gin was "hmph, your local mano" "si" the man nods his head once before taking his leave. "

Midnight? And I’m the one who’s called insane” Zullie said with a scoff shaking her head. “I’ll eat when I damn please” she said her stomach growling loudly the next moment, her face flushed in embarrassment and she looked away. She was about to say something else when Gin spoke up calling out a man who was leaving. She listened to him speak to the man, tensing a bit when he mentioned Muerta Verde. She glared at the man herself, ready to shoot if she needed to although Gin seem to know who he was and settled the matter with the man before it could escalate too far.

“So, who was that stranger hm? What kind of favors are you looking for in a gang. Kind of seems twisted don’t you think?” She said.

"They call you crazy, there's a difference" Gin said walking out onto the steps and taking a seat. Gin nods his head at the man and watches as he rides away before looking back up at Zullie who's stomach had begun to growl "whatever" he shakes his head taking another swig from his whiskey. "That was the Cortez gang, well a part of them at least, Gerald already killed off the....its a long story, but your missing the point, look around, you think these people can fight back another attack? You think the sheriff and the deputies will be able to stop another raid, who's going to help them? You?, your stomach growls gonna send them running for the hill's miss Zullie?" Gin teases as he laughs at his own joke "but its a good thing these gangs hate each other more than us, anyway, I better go explain to the sheriff, and eat something, you stomach sounds like a dying animal" he yells back as he walked back towards the Sheriff's office and returning with him an hour later just as a large group of the Cortez gang rode into town. The moment they dismounted off of there horse's the tension in the town rose "now, every one take it easy" the sheriff yells so the town folk could hear "these men are here to help" trying to settle everyone down while Gin approaches the man who led the pack of the group. He looks around at the other gang members.
"I see Miss Cortez isn't here, she catch a cold?"

"Heh, she said to tell her if he asked about her" "idiota!, shut up José" one of the men snaps hiting the shoulder of a slower man "wh?... what!? Thats what she said!, you didn't have to hit me so hard" "your making the boss sound weak cabrón"
"... no I'm not, am i?" José said looking at the other men. One of the other men tilts his hand side to side while the next clears his throte "maybe its because if boss knew mano knew she was asking about him, then she would know that he knew she was asking about him" "what the hell are you talking about?" "Ya shut the hell up Hector"

The bantering from the other men caused the man standing in front of Gin roll his eyes before turning around and shutting them up. "The boss said if you want the Cortez family to help its going to cost ya" the man said giving Gin a toothy smile revealing a gold tooth. "Just make sure the town is still standing by the time Barbarella is hung, and your boss will get her payment" Gin said looking back at the sheriff "get the wagon ready and start getting everyone ready for the attack, we have some daylight left might as well as put it to good use"

“Who calls me crazy? Because if it’s the old man under the bridge then you should really ask yourself who’s crazy” Zullie said grinning. She watched as Gin took a sip of whiskey, the smell was strong for her making her gag a bit. “Vile poison, no wonder you spit shit” she said. She listened to him speak about the Cortez gang, wondering how he got tangled up with them. Probably was a story she would have to pry from Gin. “So because the people of tumbleweed can’t protect themselves you instead will have other gang members who could possibly turn on you at any moment. You should stop drinking mister you’re really turning your brain to shit” she spat on the floor stomping the opposite direction from him. She didn’t know about the gangs hating each other, she just couldn’t trust them. She also didn’t appreciate his poor joke.

Zullie came out of the saloon an hour later having grabbed some grub and with a full belly was ready to confront Gin so they could head out although her stomach dropped when she saw the gang ride in. Her hand went to her gun self counsiously, slowly walking over to the group walking into the middle of the conversation.

"I see Miss Cortez isn't here, she catch a cold?"

“Miss Cortez? hijo de te pinche madre” Zullie muttered crossing her arms making a quick connection especially as she heard the strange woman’s gang members bicker among themselves about the lady wondering if Gin would ask about her. Now she understood how he had the control. “What do you mean we still have daylight? I thought we were heading out at midnight. We need to get going. I fed myself now let’s go” Zullie demanded in front of the others. This seemed to make more tension appear.