5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
  5. No Preferences
Genres
Monsters, supernatural, fantasy, romance, criminality, slice-of-life (modern or set in past, usually with some twists)
1200px-Warwick_School_front.jpg

The first Saturday in January was a hectic time. Around 75% of the students at St. Helen's Academy in London were returning back from their homes after Christmas break, and the Saturday was dedicated to them settling back in and unpacking their things all over again. It was a busy time and, at least on the Saturday, there were no classes and no church services to attend, meaning every hour could be spent relaxing and settling back into boarding school life.

Primrose Magdalena Storm was no different. Like many students, she'd gone back to her parents' house in London to spend Christmas, which was spent as it always was: attending Church and enjoying time with her parents, who doted on her however old Primrose was becoming. It offered her some respite and some relaxation from how hard she did work at the Academy, but she didn't mind or regret how hard she worked. It did mean she didn't have many friends or many social interactions, but she was top of her class, achieving the top grades, and teachers had picked her out as their most promising student. She'd much rather have all that, than goofing around with a few girls.

Except now, after the week or two of being able to relax, she was back in the large grounds of the posh and country-known Academy, which, thanks to heavy snowfall over the Christmas period, looked even more magical than when she'd left it. The Victorian building was breathtakingly large and, in Primrose's view, beautiful - it was only bested by the Gothic church on grounds, which Primrose spent as much time in as she could. It was her favourite place to be, sat in the pews with her Bible and her crucifix necklace.

For now, though, she was sat in the corner of the Academy's large and clean canteen with a bowl of Caesar salad in front of her, as was typical for her. The place was louder than usual, students buzzing about excited about reconnecting with friends after the long break, which Primrose did frown at. She liked silence and peacefulness, but she wasn't going to get that. Instead, she tried to block them out by reading her Bible as she usually did every time she had the chance-- but it wasn't easy to block out the noise, or the glances she was receiving from the boys at the nearby table, who thought they were being subtle, but their looks and their whispers were anything but.

If she was honest, she did blame herself for the glances. On Saturdays, students didn't need to wear their uniforms, and it was the perfect weather to wear a baggy, comfortable sweater which wouldn't have gathered her too much attention. Instead, she'd opted for a plaid skirt, knee-length socks and, regrettably, a tight turtle neck sweater that clung to her figure. It was a plain outfit, but typically, she made it look provocative, which was hardly her attention. Sinking in her seat a little to try and at least draw less attention to herself, she exhaled hard and narrowed her eyes at the Bible in her hands, even though she was one second away from snapping a glare at the teenagers and making them shut up. She didn't want to do that because it felt mean... but she had a terribly short patience when it came to this sort of thing.

Last edited:
'What. The. Fuck.'
Perched in front of the Catholic school was the devil himself. Lucifer. In his hand, he grasped his last suitcase. The day before, a few of his servants happily brought all of his things into his dorm. His servants and caregivers were glad that the boy would be gone for an entire year. Why? Well, this is his punishment. A few weeks back, Lucifer's life was perfect. He was ruling his own kingdom, recklessly if I may add, and throwing the best of parties. Well....His main caregiver, Madame Bitch is what he calls her, had enough of his tactics when he ended up setting the castle on fire at his latest of wild parties. So as punishment she sent him off to a Catholic school.

The air was like frozen lace on his skin, delicate and cold, like winter waves on sallow sand. The sky was washed with grey, watery light illuminating thin patches to brilliance. The school was carefully wrapped in a thin blanket of fluffy snow. Lulu stared at the beautiful scenery in utter disgust. Caramel candy like eyes skimmed over the campus once more before finally stepping on the school grounds. He felt his skin prickle in an uncomfortable way. This was his idea of Hell. Adjusting his thick navy blue peacoat, he walked further on grounds, the soft winter air whipping his blonde locks on his head.

Lucifer wasn't what people would think he looked like. No, he was beautiful. A perfectly symmetrical face. His face was that of an Angel's. Full lips, the color of roses. He had long eyelashes, so long one may believe they were faux, bedding his beautiful hazel eyes. There were no blemishes on his face, no flaw. He was inhumanly gorgeous. Which was why he had already caught the eyes of Christian girls, who were most likely thinking unholy thoughts of him.

If he were in a better mod, he would have flashed a smirk, but his mood was twisted into a sour one the moment he heard his punishment. Letting his eyes wander the area again, he decided some food would help, so he waltzed over to the canteen building.

In the building a girl, named Faith, was trying to get Primrose attention. Faith played like the sweet Christian girl, but really she was just a mean girl, who hated Primrose for possessing such beauty. "Oh Prim how was your Christmas holiday? Mine was just dandy if I might say." She stated, flipping her perfectly burgundy curls over her shoulder. The girl was pretty. Short, petite, with strawberry blonde hair, and bright green eyes. She resembled a doll with her cuteness, but Primrose had a more adult beauty than her. Which was why she hated her. "I had such-" However she trailed off seeing the beautiful man who had entered, looking for something to eat.

If there was one thing worse than getting ogled at by a group of hormonal teenage boys, it was having to put up with Faith. Primrose was far from a bad person. She was kind, sympathetic, and she did anything she could to avid hurting people's feelings... which was why she often smiled at Faith and listened to the girl as she unsubtly made digs at Primrose, in a way that sounded sugary and sweet. However, Primrose was far from an idiot. She was incredibly smart, and she could see right through Faith's 'interest' in her - she knew the girl truthfully couldn't stand her, but Primrose, to avoid conflict, was happy to just let the facade continue. It was better than arguing and creating drama.

"I had a lovely break, thank you," she answered after a moment, reluctantly placing her Bible down to look across to Faith, without a smile. It was natural for her, though. Primrose didn't smile, at least not often. If you got her to smile, you had gotten further with her than most people. Faith, clearly, was not someone who had been able to get past the walls Primrose had up.

Quizzically arching a brow at the girl's sudden silence -Faith never usually gave up the chance to talk willingly-, she followed her gaze to the new boy. Unlike Faith, though, who was clearly blushing from the sight of the flawless tenager who had entered, Primrose absently clutched the crucifix around her neck. She didn't know why she had done it, but something about the newcomer filled her with... well, she didn't know what the feeling was, but it was uneasy at the very least. She blamed it on the cold wind that had drifted in, put her shiver down to that, but deep down, in her bones, she knew the cold had nothing to do with this feeling.

The only thing she could do was shake it off, because there was nothing logical in her reaction. She made no efforts to judge someone before getting to know them, and she didn't plan on doing that for Lucifer either. Granted, she didn't want to get to know him. Unlike all the girls who had glanced at Lucifer with obvious interest, Primrose glanced at him then just as easily glanced away, as though immune to just how drop-dead gorgeous the guy was.

"...I suggest you don't stare at boys like that, it doesn't go down well with Father O'Brian. He knows it can't be helped, feeling attraction, but you can't be caught staring like that, Faith. I... I just don't want the Father seeing you do that in church tomorrow, that's all."

Snapping her head to look at the girl, she narrowed her eyes in annoyance before laughing it off easily. "I wasn't staring darling. Simply...Looking. I didn't know we were having a new student." Mumbled the girl as her cat like eyes made their way back to the face of the handsome new student. She watched him, like an owl hungrily watching a mouse, waiting for a moment to pounce. "...I should introduce myself, make him feel comfortable. He must be lonely in such a big school."

"As if, do you not see those floozies flocking to him?" Stated another girl who came up to Faith. It was her beat friend, Destiny. Destiny was tall, and very thin. It was if she only had air to live on. Her face was skeletal, and she had long pale blonde hair that stopped near her waist. Her nose was long and thin, her eyes were inky black pools, that were currently stating at the group of girls jealously. Biting on her small lower lip, she glanced down at Faith annoyed. "Can you believe them? They see a handsome face and all of there morals are thrown right out the door."

"Now, now Destiny. We were taught we shouldn't judge. Besides, he barely seems interested." Snickered the girl as she watched how Lucifer brushed them off and made his way to the line to get something to eat. Feeling slight pride she glanced back down at Primrose, allowing an adorable smile to grace her face. "Isn't he handsome? To bad he doesn't seem interested in anyone. Hopefully he'll allow me to give him a tour of the place." The comment seemed innocent enough. However she was basically telling Primrose that she planned on being his girlfriend and for her to stay away, and not interfere

Unable to help herself, the virtuous girl let out a humourless laugh. She knew exactly what the hidden meaning was to Faith's words. She'd known the girl for 6 years now, lived on the same floor of dorms as her, and attended the same classes at the same times. She knew her well enough to understand what she meant, even if her words were innocent and kind.

"...Believe me, I have absolutely no intentions pursuing anything with anyone, Faith. I'm dedicated to my religion here and my education and I barely have enough time as it is. Goodness knows I won't be getting close with anyone I haven't already met," promised Primrose, pouting just a little at having to feel she needed to defend herself when, in reality, she owed Faith nothing. Frankly, she wanted to get straight to the point and tell Faith she was flat-out acting like, as Destiny mentioned, a floozy... but the girl managed to hold herself back from saying how she really felt.

"I think you ought to perhaps take out your work and revise for the annual test tomorrow for English. We've had all Christmas to revise the quotes and the poems," she reminded, hoping it was enough to change the girl's focus. Talking about how 'handsome' the newcomer was only made Primrose feel awkward and surprisingly dirty. It wasn't something she wanted to discuss, far from it.

"I'm completely prepared for the test. I'm sure to score another high score. Oh sweet Prim, all that studying well cause wrinkles to form right on your forehead. Wouldn't want that. Take a breather." She cooed sweetly, winking lightly as she turned to finally leave her be before she froze in shock.

Coming up to the table was none other than Lucifer. In one hand, he held his food. Which was chocolate pudding, and a few strawberries. In his other hand his suitcase. He still hadn't got to his dorm, and didn't plan on going until he ate. Sitting down at the other end of the table, a good few feet from the girls, he began to eat quietly, and a bit grumpily.

Faith face had flushed even more Fromm seeing him even closer. He had no flaw. The way his sandy blond hair fell in his dace as he slouched to eat his Pudding. The way the chocolate covered his lips, and how his tongue went to lap it off. Even Destiny was staring at him in shock. Faith fixed her curls quickly, before she pranced slightly over to him. "Hello, I'm Faith, you must be-"

"Not interested." Grumbled the teen, without so much as to looking at her.

Blinking, perplexed at being told off so rudely, she laughed nervously as she cocked her head to the aide cutely. "Come again?"

Letting out an annoyed sigh, he sat his spoon down before glancing up at Faith. "Listen doll, I've have a rough week. Why don't you just leave me the fuck alone."

Gasping at his choice of words, she stepped back, slightly embarrassed, and flushed. "My, what a colorful vocabulary you have."

"Fate, was it?" Asked Lucifer as he turned back to his sugary meal.

"No, its Fai-"

"Just hurry along back to your friends. I'm not in the mood to get to know anyone. But look, I promise I'll be peachy tomorrow." He told her, shooting her a wink before completely ignoring her.

And, as predicted, Primrose didn't react at all to the teenager's presence at the end of the table. She glanced at him once in brief acknowledgement, before turning to her Bible, as though the boy sat at the end was just some normal boy... and not someone completely devoid of flaws. Either she was a superb actress, or he really didn't affect her like he affected almost every other girl in the canteen.. and truthfully, however odd it seemed, the answer leaned to the latter. Primrose couldn't fake a smile, so she wasn't ever going to be able to hold back a blush. She just seemed... immune to his charms.

However, she did jerk her head up the moment she heard the coarse language leave his mouth. She may not like Faith that much, because the feeling was mutual, but she wasn't going to allow the girl to be snapped at so rudely like that. Faith was one person who still talked to Primrose, even if she hated her, and strangely, Primrose felt she ought to at least defend her.

"I think you need to wash your mouth out with soap. Your language, your behaviour and your attitude to someone trying to welcome you to the academy is far from commendable, and I recommend you alter that before you get in trouble for it," she spoke softly, her posh, upperclass accent lighting every word as she stared down at her Bible, refusing to even look at the man. She was afraid that, if she did, she would just end up snapping at him and losing her typically calm composure. "I welcome you to the academy, of course. I hope you fit in, but goodness, your attitude is... it's startlingly abhorrent."

Hearing the girl speak, he glanced over at her tiredly before his hazel eyes lit up in amusement. Yes she was gorgeous, yet her face wasn't flushed with the sight of him, and she was barely paying him mind. And she was holding the Bible. She must be married to her religion. However, something about her made Lucifer want to annoy the hell out of her. Leaning his chin on his fist, he arched a perfect eyebrow. "Welcome me? Now I'm sure you aren't as naïve to think she was welcoming me. She wasn't. She was trying to get in my pants. And me trying to keep my purity, I was simply defending myself as best as if could." He stated as he dramatically placed his hand over his forehead, acting as if he were a damsel in distress.

Faith's face turned as red as her hair as she gasped. "I-I did no such thing! How utterly presumptuous of you!"

"I saw the way you were undressing me with your eyes Fate. You should be ashamed. Jesus is watching you. And can hear your naughty little thoughts."

Destiny couldn't help but snort at the way he was dramatically covering his body as if shielding himself from Faith's eyes. She had to admit he was definitely a lively character.

Shooting a surprised glance at Destiny for her giggles, the boy's behaviour only proved to annoy Primrose further. How dare this boy arrive, sully the atmosphere with his coarse, rude language, and then defend his behaviour by insinuating that Faith was thinking rudely about him. Primrose knew Faith clearly had... romantic attractions for the boy, but she didn't think it was right for a boy to air those so loudly. It was rude and it went against everything Primrose stood for.

Pursing her lips to keep herself calm, she packed her Bible away neatly into her backpack, dusted the pieces of lettuce off the table and stood abruptly, finally locking her golden eyes with Lucifer's. Again, the feeling of dread hit her, an inward shiver crossing her and she clutched her crucifix as subtly as she could.

"You are a rude and rather crass individual whose presence I no longer want to stomach. I'm sure you understand," she politely nodded, even if the act contrasted her stern and clearly offended words. With a brief murmur goodbye to the two girls, she placed her baby pink backpack over her shoulders and wandered out the canteen, her eyebrows knitting together in confusion -and anger- over what had just happened.

The moment she left he erupted with laughter, covering his mouth to quiet down a bit. Maybe being in this school will be fun~

The next day, was church as church was held every Sunday. Lucifer stood outside the church, dressed smartly in his school uniform. His hair a wreck, however it look just amazing on him. Staring at the building uncomfortably, he told himself he would be alright. As long as he didn't touch anything. He arrived to the church early, nearly half an hour early, just so he would have a seat in the very back. That way he could make a quick escape when it was over. His long legs began to stride in the holy building. He felt like something vile was prickling in him swirling around deep in him. Swallowing back whatever it was, he went to go sit in the back of the church, trying not to be seen.

However a nun who was already there saw the boy, and instantly grinned. "Oh we have another early arriver!" Shuffling over, she felt her face flush as she looked over his. "You must be the new student. What's your name child?"

"Hello Mother. I'm Lucas. It's a pleasure to meet you." He politely told her with his gentleman like smile. He was like a whole new person today.

"My, my, what nice manners. Why are you sitting all the way in the back? Why not in the front?"

"Oh I rather watch from the back today. And get a feel of this church. Its welcoming so far. Like my own back at home."

Prim always came to church early. She woke up at 6am every morning for her daily jog around the pond (wisely choosing the early morning when no other student was around), and then she'd go shower off, put on her uniform, place her hair up in a neat ponytail and head to church early for some peaceful Bible study before everyone trailed in. She liked using the time to talk with the priest and the nuns - Prim was, after all, easily one of their favourite students for her dedication to her religion, and so, while most students would be told to sit quietly, she was always drawn into conversations with them. In fact, they were the only people Prim genuinely liked, and they were definitely her idols for how dedicated they were to the Lord. She was unashamed to admit they were her idols--

But her morning was already ruined the moment she heard that voice. She didn't like how she felt about a boy who was practically a stranger to her, but something about him just got under her skin. The fact he was charming the nun was beyond Primrose, and it did just make her frown deeper at her Bible. She sunk down in the pew a tad, somewhat glad she was -as usual- sat right in the front pew - she hoped she was far away enough not to be noticed and she was often always so silent that she was barely noticed, anyway. If Lucifer -or, as she knew him, Lucas- was busy charming the nun, he wasn't going to notice her at all, was he?

"So do you always arrive early to church?" Asked the nun, smiling brightly at him.

"Well back at home I had to. I was apart of the choir." He lied perfectly. His voice was so smooth, and it sound melodic. So his so his singing voice must have been wonderful.

"A choirboy~ How marvelous! Primrose, darling did you hear that? Why don't you come back here and introduce yourself." The nun called with a bright smile.

Lucas was slightly shocked there was someone else here. So he looked around until seeing who she was talking about. Instantly, he let a delighted smile appear. 'So her name is Primrose. How adorable'

Great. Just... Just great.

Of course, Prim had the desire to just ignore the woman and pretend she hadn't heard to give herself several seconds more of peace and quiet-- but she couldn't do that. Of course she couldn't. She was in the house of her Lord. Doing something as simple as ignoring a nun was bound to offend God in some manner, even if Prim felt she had perfect reasons to avoid heading over to the new student. She found him strange and annoying and downright offensive-- and the fact he was pulling the wool over the nun's eyes was infuriating.

Nevertheless, she set her Bible on the pew, straightened out her knitted uniform jumper and skirt, and silently headed down the long aisle to stand awkwardly beside the nun. She kept her golden, hazel eyes locked on the floor as long as she could before tiredly looking up and offering the nun a small nod.

"Lucas and I met yesterday lunchtime, briefly," she admitted, deciding wisely to leave out what had happened during those eventful five minutes. Standing a little straighter, she moved her eyes onto Lucas, narrowing them slightly as she inspected her face for herself. Was he attractive? Sure-- but she was far too dedicated to her religion to even really be affected by his looks like everyone else seemed to be. "I wished him well and I'm sure he'll settle in. Are you awfully religious then, Lucas? Because Father O'Brian is forming a new choir. Wouldn't it be marvellous if we had you join? I'm sure you have a superb voice."

While she didn't smile after her words, she may as well have, because she wasn't suggesting he join out of kindness. She knew he was bullshitting the woman. She could see through people pretty easily, and while she had no idea who this teenager was, she was pretty sure he wasn't as devout as he liked to make himself out to be. Seeing him forced into the choir would be a personal victory for Primrose. She would get to see Father O'Brian's choir come together, and see Lucas get the punishment he deserved for lying by being in a choir he probably didn't want to be in.

"Oh that would be brilliant! I would love to..." Trailed of the boy. At first he looked so excited, and now he really looked sorrowful, and upset as his eyes of caramel looked towards the floor.

"Sweetheart? What's wrong?" Asked the nun as she looked at the distraught teen worriedly.

"It's just....I swing in the choir with my brother... We always sing together, since we were children...I can't imagine not singing with him...It's far to hard...."

"Oh? What happened to your brother?"

"...I believe he was far too beautiful for this world. And God took him home last Spring. May he rest in peace." Whispered the demon as he bowed his head and pressed his hands together as a prayer.

The nun gasped and shook her head. "I'm terribly sorry for your lost. Lucas you'll always have a family here in the church. Isn't that right Prim? She's our most devoted student. Prim why don't you keep Lucas company. He must be lonely, especially without his brother."

While the nun wasn't looking he smirked deviously at Prim before allowing it to soften into a smile.

Initially, even Prim was taken aback by the seemingly sad story, and not only was she hit with sympathy, but guilt for misjudging him. She genuinely believed for a few seconds that she was wrong about this teenager, and that he was genuine and had been through a terrible trauma. In that moment, she was disgusted with herself for having dared doubt someone she barely met, and she agreed with a quick nod to keep him company. After all, she was convinced for a few vital seconds that he wasn't this deceitful, manipulative charmer, and so she, as per the nun's desire, took a seat beside the teen--

And then he smirked. He smirked at her and she knew immediately that she had been taken for a fool, that he was just as she knew he was. A manipulative piece of shit (though she'd never use those words) who seemed to derive pleasure from tricking and deceiving others... and she'd just agreed to sit with him and keep him company.

...Typical.

"...I don't exactly know what game you're playing at here, but this is going to displease God. I hope you realise that," she murmured under her breath once the nun had wandered far enough away. Meeting Lucas' eyes again, she gave an unimpressed frown and fiddled with her crucifix slowly. "I for one don't believe a single word that leaves your lips."

"Harsh words. God please forgive her for being so judgmental, she cannot help it." He prayed, before smirking over to her. "I don't know what I've done to you to make you hate me so. Please forgive my rudeness yesterday. I wasn't in the right mind. I was kicked out of my home. You could say...My brother's death made me behave in an unholy manner back at home. And to save me, and purge my sins my parents sent me here. I'm still adjusting. I was being rude to you, and your friend. Forgive me." He plead with her, his voice as sweet as honey.

His eyes were genuine and held no lie in them. However the story was a lie, and he was the King of lying. He invented it. But no one would be able to tell he was lying. "...Primrose? That's a beautiful name. Your mother must love flowers." He did have a tactic. To get on her good side along with everyone else's good side. And when everyone believed he was simply a good choirboy he would start back up with teasing and annoying her. She was his only source of entertainment.

If she was honest, she didn't know whether to believe him or not. She went from wholly believing him to doubting himself, and that seemed to continue. Eventually, as expected, she gave him the benefit of the doubt and offered a curt nod, deciding not to dwell on that. If he did have a brother who died recently, she figured he didn't want to spend time talking about it so much. She certainly wouldn't if a sibling of hers had died so recently. There was no sibling, but she decided that she was going to trust the man on that. What she didn't trust him on was everything else. There was no explaining the feeling she had by being in his company, but it was enough to continue to make her feel wary of him and not grow close-- though she never grew close to anyone anyway.

"It's a name, it isn't all too important," she drawled, desperate to sit in silence and ignore the way the other was smirking at her. She sat up straight, her back pressed against the back of the pew behind her, before looking slowly back at the other student. "I don't wish to talk to you. It's nothing personal. I'd just rather end the conversation and respect the sanctity of the church we're in with peaceful, quiet contemplation. Maybe you should try that."

"What an elegant and nice what to tell me to shut up." Chuckled the man, before rolling his eyes. "Okay, Rose, I'll be quiet. But only because you're asking me to." Winked the man before he noticed more students rolling in finally. Giving a kind smile to everyone who entered, he glanced at Primrose, wondering how he was going to win her over.

He could tell she was uncomfortable around him. She kept grabbing at her crucifix anytime she saw him, and the way she looked at him was like she was staring at a snake. He had to make her comfortable around him, yet he wasn't sure. He would have to learn more about her.

Reactions: potassiumboron
It probably wasn't going to be easy. People she'd known for six years, like Destiny, had failed to even make her smile, so how a stranger she had just met (and didn't like very much) was going to win her around was going to be... well, difficult. Especially given how she reacted the moment the long service came to an end - she was up and out of her seat almost immediately, wasting no time to get away from Lucas and spent the remainder of her Sunday the way she wanted. She usually went and sat by the pond in the large gardens with a book if it was a sunny day which, surprisingly, it was. The snow had melted overnight and the cold winter seemed to be taking a break now the sun was out and warming the place just enough for her to sit out by the pond happily.

It was a place not many students knew about, hidden well in the gardens by trees and bushes. Thankfully. The last thing Prim wanted was people invading her secret area, where she could relax and get away from the world for a little while-- and she definitely didn't want Lucas knowing about it, hence why she had left so quickly, blended in with the crowd of students who left at the same time, and swiftly took an exit.

And to her misfortune, Lucifer had followed her there. He stayed a good several feet behind her, but he did follow. He waited at least fifteen minutes until he made his appearance known by wandering in. His face seemed to look oblivious to her being there. And since he wanted her to believe he just stumbled into, without her knowing, he was quietly singing a gospel song as he sat down on the grass.

He looked so content, and calm. His tousled blonde hair still a bit of a mess, as he wore his winter jacket, covering his school uniform. His candy like eyes glanced around before they landed on her. Jumping back, as if startled, he stared at her perplexed. "...Rose? Jeez, I keep seeing you wherever I go."