Prim probably would have been beyond furious and irritated by the other's presence... if she had been aware of it. Essentially, Lucifer's acting and his efforts to seem surprised were wasteful, because Primrose was incapable of noticing. Her eyes stared down at the book in her hands, her body rigid and her hair, that of which had been lightly blown in the winter breeze, seemingly frozen in time... and Lucifer didn't need to search far to see the cause of the girl's frozen state.

Sitting beside her at the little pond and running his fingers through the water (which fizzled at his touch) was a demon. Despite his angelic, almost feminine, youthful looks, he was a boy, and thousand of years of age at that... He just had the misfortune of looking 14 or 15 at the most. Perking up the moment he saw Lucifer, he got to his feet, offered the customary bow everyone was obliged to give the powerful demon before cracking a slow smile.

"They didn't trust you to stay out of trouble. They sent me to keep an eye on you, Lulu," the demon, ironically named Eden, murmured as he tilted his head to observe Primrose absently. He didn't really bother changing into a human form, but that was typical of Eden. He was naive a lot of the time, and pretty slow, lacking the general common sense most people possessed. At his core, he was a good person (at least by demon standards) and had been at Lucifer's side for thousands upon thousands of years at this point. They were angels together in Heaven, and when Lucifer got himself banished to Hell, Eden felt obliged to follow him... even if he'd been a perfect angel and probably shouldn't have given that up.

"...It smells here. I don't like it. It's so fresh and...cold," he groaned, pouting for emphasis. While Lucifer was clearly handsome, practically flawless, Eden bested him when it came to having 'cute' appeal. Hell, Eden could overshadow anyone when it came to being cute. "You look awful, Lulu. In that uniform, it's so... yuck... And you're making friends with humans now? Well... Well, that makes me feel great. I'm your trusted adviser and your chief demon. Don't go replacing me for some human."

961.jpg

Instantly he dropped the act, crossing his arms slightly annoyed. "Eden? Firstly I ain't replacing ya with a human. I just wanna get under her skin, see what makes her tick. Secondly, why aren't you in human form? Having horns at a Catholic school is a sin itself." Cackled the man before walking over and ruffling his hair.

"So Madame Bitch sent you here hmm? To keep an eye on me? Figures, tramp never trusted me a day in her life. Well I'll have you know I'm doing fine. No one suspects a thing. But this chick. She doesn't trust me....What's up with that blonde in her hair, ya think she dyes it?"

"How am I supposed to know? I don't like her, she smells of cherries and I detest cherries. And she has a crucifix on! And a Bible and... it's a shame you can't touch it. It'd be funny reading all those stories about you," he pointed out, adjusting his snow white hair again after retracting his horns obligingly and allowing his usually crimson eyes to become a more normal chocolate brown colour... though he was obviously far from pleased about it, if the pout was anything to go by.

"I don't want to be here. She made me come. I suppose she just wants to rule alone without me getting in the way. What if I get Holy water on me, Lulu? What if someone burns me with a cross by accident, o-or what if God gets real mad and, like, strikes me with lightning?" He grumbled, dusting a few blades of grass of his typically cute outfit. "...She's trying to find you a wife, you know. It's what she was doing before she sent me here."

"Well she can screw the hell off. I told her I'll marry when I get good and ready to." Grumbled the irritable teen as he messed in Primrose hair with a delighted chuckle. "C'mere Eden. Before you unfreeze her, let's really mess with her. Like put her hair up all crazy. She'll probably think she's going crazy."

He brushed off the whole 'marriage' thing as if he wasn't worried about it when really? He was damn scared of it. The idea of getting married pissed him off. Everything about it pissed him off

"Isn't this beneath you, Lulu? I... I know you're technically my King and whatnot, the Ruler of Hell and that, but you are my friend and... I don't think you need to mess with humans to get kicks. Look at them, they're so ugly! And their hearts beat too fast, and they breathe so loudly," the small demon continued to protest, flat-out refusing to even touch Primrose. He didn't really see what Lucifer saw in Prim, though that was purely because Eden was being stubborn at the moment. He hated the fact he'd been sent to watch Lucifer (though it was nice seeing his friend), he hated that he was in a Catholic school, and he hated being around humans. So, he wasn't in the perkiest of moods.

"I won't touch her, I have higher standards than that," he huffed, folding his arms over his chest and raising his chin defiantly. "So should you. You should keep your head down, ignore everyone for the year, then you can go home and they'll know you showed maturity and control. Messing about with a horrible human is just going to prolong your punishment."

"Oh come on Eden! Don't be such a sour puss. You're my right hand man, my one and only best friend. You're supposed to agree with everything I do." Grumbled the man as he turned to face him annoyed.

"Look, why don't you head back to my dorm. Eat, sleep, and you'll feel better. I was angry yesterday too. But I found picking on humans makes day go by faster
By like ten times. You'll see."

"I am not a sourpuss, don't call me that! I just don't want you being forced to remain on Earth for decades because you're not showing maturity and control and... and I can have fun! I just don't think humans are worthy of a second of our time," he sighed, though he had stopped his petulant tantrum the moment Lucifer called him his best friend. It was obviously a huge honour to be liked so much by the Devil himself, but they did have a bond nobody really understood. They'd known one another since their creation in Heaven, and gone through everything together. Hell, Eden had given up his role in Heaven for Lucifer - that was evidence for how much he cared for him.

"I can have fun, I just... ugh... what's the deal with this human then?" He finally relented, setting his large eyes on Primrose tiredly. "...She's got weird hair and I hate her nose and her lips are too pink."

"She's a Bible freak. Ya know, one of those who reads it everyday. That's why she's super weird. I bet she bathes in holy water." Laughed the devil as he messed up her hair, putting it up in a weird style. "And you're one to talk Eden, have you looked at your lips, they are far more vibrant of a pink." Chuckled the man.

He tugged at her blonde patch of hair, really inspecting it. "...It's natural..Weird it grows like this. She's an odd ball ain't she? Look at these scars...Where did she get em from?" He mumbled as he picked up her hands, inspecting her Hand. The more he inspected her, the more curious he got of Primrose. She smelled delicious. Like sweet Cherries. And her face was pretty. And she had these scars on her hand, and legs. She didn't try to hide them. She was an oddball, in oddball he wanted to know all about.

"Yes, but I'm a demon and I'm allowed to have pink lips, s-so hush," he huffed back in reply, narrowing his eyes as his friend inspected the human far more closely than Eden ever could have. He felt nauseous at the girl's sweet perfume and her natural human scent, so he really didn't think he was going to cope very well being at a school surrounded by humans like her, with their fucking Bibles and crosses and love for the almighty God. How sickening.

Eventually, the small demon rolled his eyes and waved his hand quickly, to which Primrose blinked and, for a moment, didn't seem to realise that anything was wrong. Then she realised her hair wasn't in its usual position over her shoulders, and once noticing Lucifer looming over her, jumped back in obvious surprise. He wasn't there before she'd been frozen, so it was like he had appeared out of thin air.

"Y-You... You shouldn't sneak up on people like that, Lucas. Did you follow me? Did you mess with my hair in church? I... I've only now noticed," she mumbled, though it was a weak excuse. She knew he couldn't have done it, because only a second ago, her hair had been fine... hadn't it? It was a good thing Eden had disappeared to hide to the dorm, because his presence, looking as odd as he did in his traditional demon clothing, only would have confused her furhter.

In the back of his head he cursed Eden for unfreezing her before he himself could leave. However, he allowed a smile to grace his face as he shook his head. "Prim I've been here the whole time, taking to you. You really have a one track mind don't you? I played in your hair and everything, and you mean to tell me you've just now realized I was here?" He asked as he fixed her hair.

"...I asked you about the blonde in it. I can tell it's natural. It's rather pretty. Who do you inherit such an oddity from?" Asked the demon as he walked around the bench and sat down next to her

"That's... that's completely and utterly impossible, and even you aren't that good a liar. Why do you persist to chase me down when I have no interest in you? I'm devoted to my religion far too much to consider a friendship with someone as devious as you. You may think your looks are charming to get your way with people, get them to believe you, but I certainly don't think you're handsome. I think you seek attention and rest on your laurels," answered the girl in her typically long drawn, intelligent discourse, turning to the Bible in her hands... though her heart had quickened as she tried to think what he said over. She certainly had no explanation for how he arrived standing beside her in what seemed like a split second. It was impossible, and if it was impossible, that meant... that meant she'd somehow blanked out and forgotten the conversation she had apparently had with him.

Well, that's what it seemed like. She obviously wasn't going to suspect the truth, so it was natural that she began to believe Lucas' lie. It was the only logical explanation, even if it just scared her to think she'd blanked out and forgot something like that.

"...I don't wish to tell you a single thing about myself. I don't remotely care about your life, so why the interest in mine? I recommend you find Faith and apologise to her for your rudeness. She'll be delighted to talk to you."

"I have interest I'm you because your are remarkably different from everyone else. Jeez, your tongue is like a knife. Words so harsh, its wounding me, Rose." Chuckled the teen as he looked out to the lake.

"...This place is really beautiful. Thanks for showing it to me...Even if you only realized now I was here. Really you're so rude to me. Do I disgust you that much?" Joked the man as he hazel eyes glanced over at her with an arched brow, trying to study her eyes.

From under her glossy black hair peeked eyes of hazel and honey. They shone like sunlight on polished stone and hid a wealth of well justified mistrust. He enjoyed her eyes, they were like golden coins in the sunlight. "And the way you watch me. Like someone who is cautiously watching a dog who is going to attack. Tell me, do I frighten you Rose? You frighten me, you truly have thorns, that had pricked me."

"And why on earth would I fear you? You're a pumped-up, arrogant little so-and-so who's getting far too big for their boots. I don't like discussing someone in such a negative manner, but you do seem to deserve it when you persist with this utter nonsense. I don't need to get to know you, and frighten me? That's laughable," she chuckled, though, like everytime she chuckled or laughed, it was entirely without emotion and laughter. Her lips didn't pull into a smile, and remained expressionless as she cast those golden eyes across the little pond, focusing on the patch of roses she knew would soon spring into bloom once Spring arrived.

It was infuriating that he insinuate she was scared of him. She'd been in some terrible situations in her life where she was without her parents and bullied and hurt by some awful, drug-riddled woman who thought it was funny to hear Primrose scream.That was scary. This? This was nothing compared to that.

"Like I suggested, go and find Faith. You owe her an apology for your completely crass remarks."

"Again with these insults. Like I said, you frighten me. I'm terribly afraid of you." Cooed the man with a teasing chuckle. "...Primrose dear, I won't go speak to Fate. She was thinking very naughty things of me. And the way she looked at me made my stomach churn in disgust. You should have seen it." Grumbled the teen as he leaned closer to the girl, to invade personal space.

"Now, Prim tell me why you hate me so? You only knew me a good twenty four hours. Not even really. Could you really dislike someone this much?"

"...And you responded in such a way that made me dislike you. How you don't understand where my disinterest in you occurred is unbelievable and shows your lack of intelligence, quite frankly," she muttered, absently pushing herself away from the other, and when that didn't get the message across, she moved to push his hand away... which turned out to be a mistake. Almost instantly upon touching him, she felt a string of quick, painless electric shocks through her arm, which led to her snatching her hand away seconds later. Her lips parted briefly, her eyes blinking fast to try and logically explain why she had such a reaction to him-- but she quickly shut off the curiosity with a simple 'hmph', deciding not to vocalise what she had felt, because she was certain it was just in her head. She was overtired, perhaps, which would explain her blacking out and feeling... this reaction.

"I'd like to be alone, not that it ought to surprise you. I like my own company," the posh girl continued, trying to pass over the few seconds of speechlessness, though the fact her heart had quickened considerably was evidence that she was still replaying the shock in her head.

Lucas felt the shock as well, and boy did the tingle travel all the way up his arm. It never happened to him before, and that little shock sparked more curiosity in him. This woman was interesting. Not...Not in a romantic way of course. No, no, he was simply curious to her oddness. There was no way he would want some...Human. No no, that was far beneath him....Right?

Blaming the shock on weather or something silly, Lucas stood from the bench, allowing his Colgate smile to form. "Well, I should get to my dorm. Tomorrow marks the first day of classes. I should be ready." He answered, replaying the shock over and over in his mind again. He simply needed to get away from her for a little while. That's all.

"Yes, well... that's surprisingly a wise idea that I fully support," she replied back, knowing full well that he would be in most of her classes. All she could hope for was that he wouldn't be in her early morning ones, because dealing with Lucas at anytime was a struggle, let alone early in the morning when her tolerance level was at its lowest.

Predictably though, the two were to have their first class together at 9am, and Primrose peered up from her seat at the front of the class the moment she realised that Lucas was strolling in, glancing away as though she really didn't care-- because truthfully, she didn't. It annoyed her greatly, but that was about it... even if seeing him enter with a small white-haired boy who was chatting away happily to him was confusing.

"I'm just saying, Lulu, that this place is utterly awful and she shouldn't be able to boss you around like she is. You're the ruler of Hell. You should kill her for daring to think she can overpower you," muttered Eden as he wandered beside his friend, settling at the back of the class whilst casting a judgemental eye over the students. "Ugh. They smell of human, it's disgusting..."

"Maybe they smell of human because they are human Eden." Answered the taller blonde as he settled at his desk, his eyes finding Primrose's figure before looking back to his best friend. "And if I were to kill her then who would do all of my hard work? You?" Snorted the man with a roll of his eyes.

Faith walked into the classroom, seeing Lucas speaking to another blonde. A smaller boy, adorable with doe like brown eyes. Faith was still angry at him insulting her the way he did, so she walked over crossing her arms angrily. "So I've heard your name is Lucas. Well Lucas I believe-"

"I owe you an apply, Miss Faith. Please forgive me. I've had a troubling week." Lucas told her with his gorgeous smile, and sweet deep voice.

Faith's face lit up a soft pink as she allowed giggle to roll off her tongue. "What kind of a Christian would I be if I didn't forgive? You are forgiven Lucas."

Eden silently watched the interaction, brow arched and mouth twisting into an unimpressed frown before tutting loudly and letting that annoyance show on his face. It was to his chagrin that he never could look angry. Whenever he tried, he jsut got cooed at and called adorable, which he was. He could swear vehemently and threaten to stab someone in the neck, and they'd just gush over how cute he was.

He was pretty mad, though. He hated it when Lucifer did this: charm people with just a smile, especially if that person was human. Seeing her reaction to it almost tipped the small boy off the edge, but he retained his calm, forcing a smile of his own... even if being so close to this girl was making his skin crawl. His payback? To stir the pot and make sure that Lucifer had to deal with his girl more than he thought he would. Eden was petty and he did petty things when he got annoyed, which was often.

"Faith? Oh, Lucas mentioned you to me. He said you were real pretty," the demon murmured sweetly, his voice matching his appearance: it was a voice that made everything he said sound so perfect and innocent, with its lightness.

With flushed cheeks, Faith giggled with that annoying high pitched squeal. "Oh really~"

Lucas laughed slightly, turned to shoot Eden a glare only he would see. "Oh you little minx~" It sound harmless, as if he weren't angry. But in all honestly he wanted to choke the living daylights out of him.

Faith twirled her hair around her index finger smirking a bit. "Well Lucas~ Meet me after class. I'll show you around." Giggled the girl as she skipped happily to her seat.

"Fuck you Eden." Spat Lucas the moment she was gone. "The hell was that for?"