The Desolate World: Sign-ups, OOC, and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
IC link:

https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/the-desolate-world-roleplay-ic.68653/

The Desolate World:
In this world, humanity has almost been completely wiped out. Humans were forced to live in cities surrounded by giant walls. Most of the planet has become desert like, and living conditions are slowly dwindling. Then, mysteriously, a several human and non-human species started appearing. And for a time there was peace, but it was for not as the humans began to fear their powerful allies. Everyone leads their own life, how will you live yours?

Rules:
1). No overpowered characters.
2). Before killing another person's character make sure it is okay with the other person, through DMs or OOC
3). Use ( and ) around OOC, please.
4). No more than four characters per person although I would prefer just one.
5). Please use proper grammar and spelling.
Thank you, and enjoy.

Roleplay Description:

This is what I like to call a "three-step" roleplay. The first step being to read the small paragraph and the rules. Step number two is making a character sheet, and the third step is to "jump-in" once you're approved. Now here's a template character sheet, but feel free to make slight customizations to fit your character(s):

Character sheet template:

Name: (Pretty self-explanatory)
Birthday: (optional)
Species: (here you would put human, or the kind of creature they are)
Occupation: (How does your character make a living in this harsh world?)
Notable Possessions: (Limit is three, be brief please)
-Item1
-Item2
-Item3
Short Backstory: (optional, keep it at about one paragraph in length)
http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/w635/Trentyn_Moore/Niuvintage_zpsecc1950c.jpg

Hehe, alright. Let's see how this unravles.
Name: Tenshi Jaganshi Mercy
Date of birth: Jan. 14
Species: (Human-influenced bloodline) Demon Eater
Possessions:
-Simple high-caliber revolver (Ammo held in small pack clipped to pants)
-Small backpack including the following:
Medical guaze
Bandages
Rubbing alcohol
Anti-alergen medication
Bottle of water
-Large pocket knife
Short Backstory:
Tenshi loves to aid people in need, however small the act of kindness. He was birthed from a Demon Eater - human pairing, shortening his supernatural ability range. The most he could do that are not-so-human is see and hear well, regenerate flesh wounds from the chemical compounds of his blood, and have mildly enchanced strength. He grew up withen the walls with his human mother, having been one of the few non-violent supernatural entities withen the walls. Constructing buildings and studying the human anatomy in medical school, be became a nurse, and maintained a steady income to support his home. His mother passing when he was 7, he took advantage of his higher IQ by studying, again, the human anatomy and medicine. At the age of 15, he was a large help in the community. When forced to fight, he would prefer to engage with his fists, with just slightly above himsan strenth to a small advantage. (Ex: Lifting twice his wieght is his maximum limit) He dreams to venture past the walls to the outside, but he doubts he can.

http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/w635/Trentyn_Moore/Niuvintage_zpsecc1950c.jpg

Hehe, alright. Let's see how this unravles.
Name: Tenshi Jaganshi Mercy
Date of birth: Jan. 14
Species: (Human-influenced bloodline) Demon Eater
Possessions:
-Simple high-caliber revolver (Ammo held in small pack clipped to pants)
-Small backpack including the following:
Medical guaze
Bandages
Rubbing alcohol
Anti-alergen medication
Bottle of water
-Large pocket knife
Short Backstory:
Tenshi loves to aid people in need, however small the act of kindness. He was birthed from a Demon Eater - human pairing, shortening his supernatural ability range. The most he could do that are not-so-human is see and hear well, regenerate flesh wounds from the chemical compounds of his blood, and have mildly enchanced strength. He grew up withen the walls with his human mother, having been one of the few non-violent supernatural entities withen the walls. Constructing buildings and studying the human anatomy in medical school, be became a nurse, and maintained a steady income to support his home. His mother passing when he was 7, he took advantage of his higher IQ by studying, again, the human anatomy and medicine. At the age of 15, he was a large help in the community. When forced to fight, he would prefer to engage with his fists, with just slightly above himsan strenth to a small advantage. (Ex: Lifting twice his wieght is his maximum limit) He dreams to venture past the walls to the outside, but he doubts he can.
I apologize for how rude this may seem, but two things: One, Proof read and edit this for spelling and grammatical issues, and two, it is physically impossible to have a job constructing buildings or to become a nurse at age seven no matter what you are.

I apologize for how rude this may seem, but two things: One, Proof read and edit this for spelling and grammatical issues, and two, it is physically impossible to have a job constructing buildings or to become a nurse at age seven no matter what you are.
I apologize for my ignorance. And I also said that He began to study the anatomy and medicine at age seven. I didn't say that he actually became a nurse or began constructing buidings at that age. I apologize for the misunderstanding.
It would be appreciated if you understand that I am horrible at spelling, and that I didn;t bother to glance over my writing after I posted it. I apologize once again.

I apologize for my ignorance. And I also said that He began to study the anatomy and medicine at age seven. I didn't say that he actually became a nurse or began constructing buidings at that age. I apologize for the misunderstanding.
It would be appreciated if you understand that I am horrible at spelling, and that I didn;t bother to glance over my writing after I posted it. I apologize once again.
Don't apologize. I understand. And while I understand that a few mistakes will be made, if and when you post in the IC, please proof read if you feel you may have made a mistake somewhere. And that applies to all members.

Thank you.
Don't apologize. I understand. And while I understand that a few mistakes will be made, if and when you post in the IC, please proof read if you feel you may have made a mistake somewhere. And that applies to all members.

Not a problem. You've been approved. Invite your friends.

Not a problem. You've been approved. Invite your friends.
I am ashamed to admit, but I have not the slightest clue how to 'Jump In'. I'm rather new to the website, and I have searched for a way to, including clicking the IC link.

Click the IC link, and it should take you to the IC page, but we're still waiting for more people to join.

Well, seeing as we are simply waiting now, care to go into depth of the overall plot of the roleplay?
-Pulls up the OOC chair, and takes a seat. His legs crossing over one another in a feminine way, Tenshi stared at Alex.-

It is a sort of post-apocalyptic future, in which eighty-five percent of the world has become desert-like. And what remains of vegetation, animal life, and water is dwindling at an alarming rate. Enter the supernatural beings that have started to appear all over the world with a plethora of abilities. At first humans welcome these beings I to their walled cities, but eventually tension grows between humans and the beings, and the world is approaching an all out war between mankind and the creatures. This is meant to be a longer term roleplay.

This sounds amazing. How did these tensions grow? What is the time period?

I just....far future, no one even cares about what year it is as long as they have enough to eat and drink and a roof over their heads. And the tension grew do to the humans fear that the beings would one day take advantage of the weaker humans.

How would one travel from the inside to the outside of the walls, visa-versa?

There are gates, with checkpoints, and armed security.

What is the average population of a city? Humans to supernatural entities ratio would be apreciated.

Two things: One, why do you care? And two, 30 humans to ever 15 supernatural beings on average.

That was an exeptionally rude way to ask that question.

I apologize, but I was getting a bit annoyed at my computer not working along, maybe you could have asked all of those questions in one post.

That's not how my brain works, unfortunatly. Ideas come to me in the process of writing. And about how high are these walls?

Status
Not open for further replies.