The Desert

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Akira

I'm going to share a game with you. This game will reveal incredible things about whoever plays it; surprise, shock and delight complete strangers, and has kickstarted more friendships than I know how to count.

Play along and you'll see.

I want you to imagine a desert, stretching out as far as your eyes can see. In this desert is a cube.

Your first task is to describe the cube. What does it look like? How large is it? What is it made of? Where exactly is it?

There are no right answers here, only your answers. Take a moment before you continue – the detail is important.

As you look at the desert and your cube, you notice there is also a ladder. Your second task (there are just five) is to describe the ladder. What is it made of? How big is it? Where is it, in relation to the cube?

Now imagine that in the scene there is a horse. (Yes, horse. I didn't say this desert made sense). Your third task: describe the horse. Most importantly: where is the horse, and what is it doing? Where, if anywhere, is it going?

We're nearly there now. In the scene before you are flowers. Your penultimate task: describe the flowers. How many are there? What do they look like? Where are they, in relation to the horse, cube, ladder and sand?

Final question. In the desert there is a storm. Describe the storm. What type of storm is it? Is it near, or far? What direction is it headed? Does it affect the horse, flowers, cube or ladder?

Have each answer in a separate paragraph please~ and in a while (days, weeks, depending on how popular this gets) I'll edit this main post so you can see your results.

Hm, sounds interesting. I'll try it.

The cube: The cube is a deep blue color, not Prussian blue but more like an ocean. It is hovering a few feet over the ground, but it is twisting and turning in such a way that it makes it hard to not look at. Not only that, but it is contrasting harshly with the bright reddish-brown sands. It's not see through. It emits a humming sound that can be heard a from several feet away, but it is not loud or headache-inducing when you step closer. It's moreso a deep pitch that can be heard even if you are not standing directly next to it. The hum it makes is not foreign or makes you anxious, but it is comforting to listen to instead.
It is located in the middle of my field of sight as to attract my immediate attention to it. I don't know what it's made of, and honestly, I don't think that such a material exists. It's not very big, probably up to my knees if it was set on the floor.

The ladder: The ladder is standing a few feet away from the cube, to its side. It is not leaning against anything, but it stretches way, way up into the light blue sky and I cannot see where it ends. The material it is made of is a type of dark wood, maybe cherry wood. The texture is smooth to the touch and has no splinters at all. There are lines embedded into it, probably for decoration, that streak up and down the ladder. The lines are smooth and rounded at the tip, as if it was not made by a person only looking to sell, but a person who deeply adores woodcraft and had made it with love.

The horse: The horse is a stallion. It is a deep, stormy gray color, dappled and flecked with silver. Its mane and tail are dark gray, as well. Its dark colored locks of hair fall over its neck in waves. It has white socks on each of its feet, where the fur becomes long enough to slightly cover its pure black hooves. It has a white blaze mark running from the top of its head to the tip of its nose. The area next to the nose is flecked with silver and black spots. Overall, the horse is stocky, but agile-looking enough to run for miles and miles.
At first, the horse is uneasy. He cannot sit still as I look at him, and shifts his feet around, causing the russet sand around its feet to kick up in clouds. He nods his head every so often, and his dark brown eyes simply look at me. Sometimes he rears up, his ears flattened against his head, before he becomes calmer again and falls to his feet once more. He constantly snorts and neighs, but not loudly. Over time, he becomes calm, but he continues to snort and neigh quietly. In this calmed state, his ears twitch slightly, and sometimes flatten completely as if angered. It's as if he is unsure of his emotions, or something.
The horse is without a saddle, I notice, and it is much closer to me than the cube or ladder. Instead of being a few feet away, it is standing to my left, nearby me.

The flowers: Pure white flowers surround us, but the field of ivory blooms begins a few feet from the cube, the horse, and the ladder. It is as if we are standing on a perfect circular, bare patch of ground. The flowers are beautiful; the stems are a bright, eye catching vermilion, and appear to be wilting, though they are nowhere near dying. Despite being in the dry desert, they appear to be well nourished and flourishing. The petals are velvety and soft looking, dotted with raindrops, even though the sand is parched. There are three stamen per flower, and are a baby blue, tipped with a fluffy, bright golden color that would attract bees and other insects if there were any around. I don't know how many flowers there are, but they span for miles and miles, all cramped together and their petals facing towards me. However, if one would view the field from above, they can see that the field is also circular, surrounding the bare patch of land that I am located on. It would be extremely difficult to count how many there is.

The storm: The storm... is intimidating. It is nearby the field and myself, so much that the white flowers bob up and down rhythmically to the wind, but it does not cripple them. It is a thunderstorm; the clouds are a dark, dark, dark gray with a blue tint, and every so often, bright, white lightning cracks across the sky. It is approaching quickly, spanning across the sky in the direction that I am facing. Thunder makes the ground tremble and the sound of lightning is rather loud. The horse is rather unaffected by the incoming storm, only beginning to paw at the ground with its left hoof and tip his head downwards. His ears are pricked and alert, now, and he is purely snorting and does not neigh any longer. The cube's surface has begun to ripple, continuing to twist and turn, making it much more mesmerizing to look at. The ladder does not shiver or shake or stir in the storm wind, and simply stands tall.

I'm curious to see what this is! : D

Oh shoot, forgot to post my own xD

@Luminous Did you want me to Pm you to find out or are patient enough to wait?

•My cube is a simple unsolved 4x4 Rubix cube made of ordinary Chinese black plastic with the six sets of 16 stickers for colors. It's not right at my feet but not far either, close enough to simply reach out and grab.

• The ladder is a simple two step ladder, the steps black and heavy duty plastic and the frame metal with a silver finish. The cube sits right in the middle of the second step.

• The horse isn't exactly a horse, it's the awesome Rainbow Dash floating a few feet above the ground next to me.

• And the 10 flowers are in a little bowl pot thing that I'm holding. They are petunias of varying shades of purple pink and red, but all are at their peak in their lives as Flora.

• And finally the storm, it's off in the distance, just a rain storm, and it had obviously been in the area where I am as there is the lovely just rained smell in the air.

You can post it here. :)

The Cube: The details are... uncomfortable. All I can imagine is that it is black, solid black, chokingly black. It refracts any and all light that touches its surface, which seems metallic, and it shimmers like disturbed water. From a distance, it seems inconsequential in size, but as I would approach it the cube becomes larger and larger, enough to block out the sun. It simply hovers off of the ground, angled in the air and distorted like a rhombus from my point of view. In relation of the desert, it seems to be in the very middle.

The Ladder: It is made of some kind of dark wood, lying in the dunes near the cube and myself uselessly. It is cracked and shattered in several places and pieces. If it had been completed, it would have been long enough to reach the top of the cube.

The Horse: A stallion, in opposition of the cube. Every inch of this majestic beast is a brilliant white from mane to tail. It is fleeing from the direction of the encroaching storm, and from the cube as well.

The Flowers: There is one flower. A red poppy, resting on the angled point of the cube, as if someone planted it there. It seems to defy conventional physics and gravity.

The Storm: A deep, brooding thunderstorm. The clouds are muted and grey, swelling in points with rain. It gurgles and rumbles, but there are no threatening winds or roars of thunder and lightning. It is merely there, and it slowly approaches from the side towards the cube. There is a sense of impending doom to it.

The cube- It's an aquamarine colored 7x7 cube. The tiles are each 3x3 on every side and it's only big enough to be held in both hands. Each tile is bumpy but not soft to the touch. They all stick out pretty far and make it look as though it's studded. It's location is directly over my head, hovering and seems to be protecting over anything else.

The ladder- It's a small step ladder made of oak wood, smooth to the touch but too heavy to pick up for some reason. It's in front of me but also below the cube.

The horse- It's a zebra mare but also not one at the same time. It's as big as a full grown horse but not so big that it would get confused with one. She is next to me, trotting in place and whinnying every so often while looking back and forth between me and the cube.

The flowers- Black and white roses are the flowers. They surround us, us being the horse, cube ladder and me. We are basically the island in a seas of black and white as far as the eye can see.

The storm- There is a small dust storm in the distance, the winds making it all the way to be and my horse. The winds irritate the mare a bit but not to the point of her doing anything. The flowers simply sway while the ladder stays perfectly in place. The cube continues to hover over me but keeps me safe from the winds and the dust coming from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.