Boo Girlie BoomBoom

⭐Warning⭐ If Boo like it Unicorns will vomit🏳️‍🌈
Original poster
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige
Genders You Prefer Playing
Female, Primarily Prefer Female
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Both but getting more aggressive of late. Rawr, Boo! >:[ Depends on GM. And! Just as important: Boo will happily edit posts to fix/backtrack/add convo or content as needed to accommodate k~~♥,♥!!
Favorite Genres
Fantasy of all kinds★★!! Here's a list: modern/urban, magic and swords, otherworldly/fish out of water, faeries and unicorns, sometimes dark, sometimes superhero-ish, sometimes mixed with sci-fi. The Boo Girlie's always down for weird, wild or whimsical! Yayuh!! :3 Oh! And Sky Pirates too~~!!
Genre You DON'T Like
Post apoc zombies, hard brain-hurting sci-fi, school/academies, direct-to-DVD fandoms, PvP survivals. Stats and Dice! Eww! Yucky!
Last edited:

Boo Girlie BoomBoom

⭐Warning⭐ If Boo like it Unicorns will vomit🏳️‍🌈
Original poster
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige
Genders You Prefer Playing
Female, Primarily Prefer Female
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Both but getting more aggressive of late. Rawr, Boo! >:[ Depends on GM. And! Just as important: Boo will happily edit posts to fix/backtrack/add convo or content as needed to accommodate k~~♥,♥!!
Favorite Genres
Fantasy of all kinds★★!! Here's a list: modern/urban, magic and swords, otherworldly/fish out of water, faeries and unicorns, sometimes dark, sometimes superhero-ish, sometimes mixed with sci-fi. The Boo Girlie's always down for weird, wild or whimsical! Yayuh!! :3 Oh! And Sky Pirates too~~!!
Genre You DON'T Like
Post apoc zombies, hard brain-hurting sci-fi, school/academies, direct-to-DVD fandoms, PvP survivals. Stats and Dice! Eww! Yucky!
The Failed Cryogen Room.




The Panther.

ID: Agent 94.


The barricade at the opening to the failed cryogen room rumbled and shifted, then was shoved aside. Agent 94, The Panther and Agent 53, The Rhino entered both in animal form. The Rhino commanded some of the stronger Subjects to aid with shoving the barricade back in its protective position. The Panther padded out towards the rest, chuffing as she went, golden eyes scanning their faces.

>>Listen up, Prey...<<

The big, black cat sat upon her haunches as she presided over them, >>13 minutes till game time. Say what you have to say to each other and mean it. Once the power goes out, it is time to stare down the barrel of that gun again. You remember. You were unrelenting steel in the forges of fear, self-pity and the unknown. And now you know what you are made of. And now you know that, truly, I am on your side. All the Agents on the List are on side with us. You have us. You have each other, no? Stay as close together as possible when it is go time.<<

Upon all fours she rose now and began to pace back and forth along the wet steel plates beneath her, long black tail swishing away. >>Eh bien. To refresh the memories: Not all soldiers out there are the same. The ones with the fancy glowing masks are hired security personnel. They are bad news. They will kill me dead; all Agents n'est ce pas, 53...?<< the gaze of the Panther and the Rhino met and a solemn nod towards each other they shared, >>And they have orders to subdue Subjects with any means necessary. So listen...! They are not opposed to snagging any one of you, and selling your sorry hides out there on the black market. Do not engage them. I repeat, do not engage. And again, I know I said to always remain Fauna... But if you get caught, go Sapient. They might be able to track you again, but I will find you. I will...!

>>Now then you have some time amongst each other. Make them last. Make them count. Then it is go time... Agent 121 will be waiting at the Emergency Infirmary Lift. Final debriefing in 7 minutes, Prey..."

The Panther let out a soft grumble then nodded at the Subjects before strutting on over to the Rhino.

<~~~<>~~~>

~DeeDee~



~SUBJECT: DD - 19750399~
So this was the room where Decker was supposed to be culled. But she had managed to escape repurpose treatment by the skin of her teeth. Barely. The teen shuddered and rubbed the arms of her grey and teal onsie. Slowly her chin tilted upward as she inspected the hole in the ceiling. That chin then lowered as her gaze followed and watched the unnamed liquid drain away and pool on the floor near the Subjects. She scooted her plumpish frame away from the pool and leaned in near the others with her. This place was supposed to be the end of her yet she had come out on top and lived to see Year 2.

Decker should have felt triumphant for her accomplishment. But how could she feel that way when she was standing in the place that was supposed to be her tomb? Blue-grey eyes of the girl swept from left to right and back again, scanning the faces of those before her. There were so many more not here than there were here. Oh she knew that there was a good number of those not here that were clustered together, hidden in stratregic holds across 4 floors of the BLOCC. But she also knew that there were even more of those that would never to make it to the surface.

Agent 94 swore that they would make it to the coast. But she never swore that she would take all of them there. Only the Marked. And even then, only the selected of the Marked were going to the surface.

One hand she reached out to Ada, the other she reached out to Jaycie. A heartbeat later she squeezed her friend's hands. "Almost go time..."

The teen's eyes glistened and threatened to make tears fall. A lower lip trembled. Her mind harkened back to the time when they had all been there in the Lair of the Thrum. The briefing was all too brief. And the denial that this day would never come was still strong back then. But now that denial had broken. it was real. All too real. And the fear was unbearable. All too unbearable.

All she had left was hope. And faith in them.

"I will not leave you behind..." her French accented voice was low and almost inaudible against the gushing sound of the unnamed substance draining from the ceiling, "we swore that, no? We did. Oui, we did. But again...Please do not leave me behind... I beg you. Please..."

The tears fell now. The shoulders rocked up and down gently. The embrace she pulled her friends into was eternal.

Yet the fear was unbearable. All too unbearable.

<~<>~>
 
Last edited:
  • Spicy
  • Ah Seen't It
Reactions: DeFier and noodle

fish-writer

chelmon rostratus
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
Weekdays 9AM–8PM EST
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female, Transgender, Androgynous
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Typically passive, but if you give me the OK, I can be aggressive as well. I just don't like to step on anybody's toes.
Favorite Genres
Medieval Fantasy, Scifi-Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Real World Magic, Romance, Slice of Life
Genre You DON'T Like
Mystery, Noir, Western, Steampunk
Conway


IDN: CN-13035772

<~~>​

His shoulders shook, spines chafing against the rough fabric of the onesie, and his hands clenched convulsively into fists, heart hammering in his chest. The press of bodies surrounding Conway in the failed cryogen room seemed to converge on him, and he had to make a conscious effort to manage his breathing. Everyone here was chosen, Marked, and they would be his new family.

The ones that made it.

Assuming Conway made it.

He swallowed, whiskers twitching, eyes darting side to side. He noted the familiar faces, which were most of them, but his gaze lingered on the faces of those dear to him. The sight of the those he cared about calmed him, just a little, and his tight fists began to relax. Jaycie, Decker, and Ada were clustered together in a tight group, and Conway was close enough to be able to see the gleam of tears on Decker’s face as she pulled her friends in close. She was terrified, just like him, just like they all were, and the reminder that they were all gripped by the same fear lent him a breath of courage.

Heaving a steadying sigh, Conway scooted towards the girls, doing his best to get closer without pushing any of the others out of the way. The sight of Ada, as always, stuck his tongue to the roof of his mouth, but the terror of their imminent actions drowned his usual nerves. The redhead was intimidating, sure, but right now all he could see was her strength. Cautiously, he came up behind her and rested his chin on her shoulder, eyes on her expression, ready to retreat if she showed any discomfort or irritation.

"We’re gonna make it," he said quietly, the words warm and reassuring, with more confidence than he actually felt. "Because we’re gonna look out for each other, right?" Smiling shyly, though there was a bit of a conspiratorial glint in his eye, he added, "Plus I brought snacks."
 

Boo Girlie BoomBoom

⭐Warning⭐ If Boo like it Unicorns will vomit🏳️‍🌈
Original poster
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige
Genders You Prefer Playing
Female, Primarily Prefer Female
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Both but getting more aggressive of late. Rawr, Boo! >:[ Depends on GM. And! Just as important: Boo will happily edit posts to fix/backtrack/add convo or content as needed to accommodate k~~♥,♥!!
Favorite Genres
Fantasy of all kinds★★!! Here's a list: modern/urban, magic and swords, otherworldly/fish out of water, faeries and unicorns, sometimes dark, sometimes superhero-ish, sometimes mixed with sci-fi. The Boo Girlie's always down for weird, wild or whimsical! Yayuh!! :3 Oh! And Sky Pirates too~~!!
Genre You DON'T Like
Post apoc zombies, hard brain-hurting sci-fi, school/academies, direct-to-DVD fandoms, PvP survivals. Stats and Dice! Eww! Yucky!
~Jaycie~


~SUBJECT: JC - 31200016~

<~<>~>​

What a terrible place. What an absolutely horrific place to make as a hideout. This was one of those places that everyone said was haunted. And now she could see why; this place was nightmare fuel. There was a terrible accident in this cryogen room and they did not even dismantle the source of the accident; the stasis pods. No, they left the pods here in a state of decay like dangling unpunctured chrysalises of gigantic death moths. Jaycie shuddered, then a sideways glance she gave towards the one who was supposed to have been designated to one of those pods.

This was a place where 3 Subjects lost their lives during a freak power surge. And there was supposed to be a Lop-eared Bunny fourth victim. But she was still alive because of a certain Year 3 Red Panda. And now in this place that dexter-Bunny stood here as a survivor, a success story and one of her bestest of friends. Yet knowing all this why did the Blue Jay not head on over to comfort her like she was ought to do?

Normally, Jaycie would be upbeat and try to make everyone feel at ease and happy. And of course, while waiting for the Agents to arrive, she had done her rounds here, going up to each and every single one of them and getting from them at least one smile or hug. But for certain Subjects, she would go above and beyond and make them feel even more welcomed in her heart.

So perhaps that was the reason why Jaycie did not go above and beyond to comfort Decker? Perhaps there was a problem in her heart.

"Yeah, almost time, Dee..." said Jaycie as she felt the hand of the Bunny grip her own, "soooo close now. Almost outta here, dexie-girl..."

The upbeat and positive sound of her voice was true and heartfelt. But she did not even look over once at Decker. At least she squeezed the Bunny's hand back to give the girl some semblance of comfort.

"You gots something on your min--" the words choked up in her throat as Dee went off about what perhaps most had told to each other but in particular; what Jaycie had explicity sworn to Decker. The trembling and crying silvery-headed girl pulled her in close and in kind, she had pulled both her and Ada closer into the embrace. For it was true, even though under wraps right now, Jaycie was feeling really, really shaken and frightened and this moment to hug it out was one that she had desperately needed.

Then Conway had snuck into their little hug circle and Jaycie had nodded at the Hedgehog's words as she pulled him in too. "My boi 'Way...! Yeah, but of course you have snacks, right? Oh and hey! Speaking of 'lookout...' We are sooooo gunna have to keep a look out for a new garden out there so you can get snacks from it, eh...!"

Jaycie nuzzled her head against his after trying to uplift his spirits. But strangely enough, she did not try to allay Decker's fears. Perhaps there truly was something wrong in her heart. Perhaps this room was somehow affecting her normallly warm and glowing heart.

It was a wet cold in here afterall. One might say it was even cold enough to chill one right to the core.

<~<>~>​
 

noodle

Accidental Pyromaniac
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
Most of the time MST
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female, Primarily Prefer Female
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Depends on the plot, really. Tend to be Aggressive.
Favorite Genres
Mideval Fantasy (LOW fantasy), SciFi, Modern
Genre You DON'T Like
I'm up for mostly anything. But I don't really like voodo and lots of magic. Don't get me wrong, I like fantasy and dragons and stuff....just not the magic part. That's weird to me. And no demons.
-Ada-


This place was cold, dark, foreboding. Torturous, even, and yet Ada was....numb. She hadn't responded to the Panther, just swallowed the lump in her throat and tried to put on a brave face for the others while wanting nothing more than to just flee. She could turn around and run, never look back, just book it-

Her wild thoughts were ground to a halt when Decker and Jaycie entered her line of vision, and she attempted a smile for them despite it falling flat. She was supposed to be the brave one. So why did she feel so scared? As the hug commenced, Decker's sobs and Conway's weight on her shoulder seemed to awaken something new- or, perhaps old but hidden- in her, and she clenched a fist, squeezing the other girl's hand in some twisted sort of determination. It didn't matter how scared she was, did it? Everyone was, and some more than others. After all, Decker....she had been destined to die here.

She had to be strong. For them.

"No one's getting left behind, Deck. We're all getting out of here. You'll be able to run around outside all you want, Con's gonna get a garden all his own, and Jay, you're going to get to fly around with me. Outside." She offered them all a smile, one by one, embers burning in her dark eyes. She patted Jaycie on the shoulder, squeezed Decker's hands in hers, then reached up to grab Conway by the shoulder.

If this was the last time she'd see him, no matter what she hoped would happen, she had to make peace. "Conway, before we go I just need you to know that I think of you as a friend. I don't know if you're scared of me or what, but.." her fingers dug into his shoulders slightly and she took in a deep breath. "Just...please, don't be, okay?"

With that said, and sensing that he perhaps would not like such blunt physical contact, she released him and stepped back with a small nod, having said her peace. "Anyway. We're getting out of here. Right?" She turned and raised her eyebrows at Decker, then held an arm out just in case she needed another hug.
 

Somebody~Actually

Edgepeasant
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate, Adept, Adaptable
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female, Transgender, Androgynous
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Modern, Modern Fantasy, School Life, FxF, MxM
Genre You DON'T Like
I'm willing to try out and add or own spin to any genre!
Euler



Subject: LE-27182818

<~~>

It was sort of a funny thing. In the room that brought deaths upon dexters, here and now all huddled within it looked to and hoped for a new life. Through the panther’s preliminary speech she was able to feel a few moments of inspiration and solidarity, but once the room was open for the dexters to say their words to each other, that passionate feeling cooled. The anxiety coursing through her peers was thick. The bravest of them had fear in their eyes, and the most optimistic could not keep a smiling face.

Strangely, something she did not feel was fear. Across the room was the grouping of Ada, Jaycie, Conway, and Dee. Dee’s face was wet with her shed tears, but in comparison Euler’s cheeks were dry. Her whiskers did not twitch around, and her ears only bobbed in response to the chittering and whimpering around her. She wished she could cry, so that she might be hugged and comforted. So if she was soon facing her death she would have that sweet moment to remember at the end. But no, no tears fell.

Since she could not cry, she became more determined. She would survive, so that she would not have to regret not having a touching goodbye. Her hand traveled up to her neck, where a rough length of twine was tucked underneath her onsie. It was fashioned around her neck like an accessory and at the end was something of a small charm made out of wood. It was a flat version of the birdhouse she made those days ago, when Agent 94 first spoke to her after shop class. The panther said that all of her creations would one day be hers to keep, and Euler decided that this necklace, that she made in secret, would be the first thing.

Toying with it, granted her a moment of clarity, and she soon found herself wandering over to the small group that she only watched before. Euler was not much of a talker on a regular day, and the heightened emotions she felt now did not grant her any more gracefulnness with her words. Still she piped up, in her even but liltingly accented voice, “I just wanted to say, I am really looking forward to seeing the coast, with all of you.”
 

DeFier

The Aggro-B★TCH is here.
Roleplay Invitations
Not Taking RP Invites at this Time
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
Writing Levels
Give-No-Fucks
Genders You Prefer Playing
Female, Androgynous
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Aggro-bitch.
The Rhino


Agent 53


Agent 53 was gigantic and rather intimidating. Four or five Subjects could have easily been seated upon his back-- if they ever dared. Even in Sapient form the Rhino was massive, powerful and gruff-looking. But beyond that exterior, those that did get to know him would find a sweet and gentle soul within. This Agent truly wanted the best for the Subjects and what was best was to get them out from the confines of the BLOCC. Even if that meant laying down his life for them.

Dark eyes of the Rhino scanned the gathering clusters of Subjects and finally his gaze fell upon one group in particular for whom he and Agent 94 had big plans set: The Elusive Hare, The Sparrow With Nerves of Steel, The Hedgehog With a Fine Heart, The Smooth Sounding Bluebird and That Sensitive Ferret. They were friends with the Lop-Eared Bunny but that particular rodent Subject was Marked and selected but not yet Awakened and so she would be tasked with another group.

Like a big, friendly kitty, Agent 94 nuzzled and bunted her face and nose against the Rhino before leaving his side to preside over Unit 2 and Unit 3. Agent talk was done. It was time to get things going.

>>Hello, Subjects...<< the Rhino lumbered over as his MindSpeak broadcast into their heads. >>All good so far, my dears? Great. Great. Now time to wrap this up and time to get into your designated Units. DeeDee-dear, you have been reassigned to Unit 2. Now scoot, pretty girl. Great.<<

He waited patiently as they said their final goodbyes and nodded as the Bunny took leave. The three clusters gathered proper now and continued to chat. A single stamp onto the metallic floor and smack into the defunct console signified it was debriefing time.

>>Okay, my dears... let's go over this again. You've all been trained to do your directives and do them well, right? Well, now it's time to do the directives we taught you. Right.

You lot are Unit 1. Your unit goes first. We need to access those relay panels that protects Thrum 2 from the surges. That's why we have these glowing, charged keysets. We need to do a little switcheroo to make sure that power still runs to the Emergency Lift so we can get your asses out of here.

Jaycie and Euler. The both of you go first. Down the hall and to the right. There is a blind spot from the cameras. Euler-dear, you park yourself there and send your illusion self along side Jaycie, the cameras will pick it up. They will think nothing of a pair of Year One's heading on down together to use the loo. Euler hold tight. Jaycie-dear keep moving into position. But slowly. Timing is key.

Conway and Bella, you are next. Bella, head on over to the firedoor and lose a shoe. Fiddle around a bit but know that you are eyes for the others. I know you have poor sight, dear, but you should still be able to make out the other Subjects. You can transmit your BCT as long as you can see them. There may be a guard coming in from the firedoor. Distract them as long as possible. Conway-dear, head on over to the designated spot and drop your fascinated item and move over to Euler's position. The item will lock the attention of the two guards watching monitors. Unit 6 will take care of the cameras after that.

Ada-dear, you are up last. Go Fauna and go fast. Get those the first set of charged keys to Euler and Conway. Then speed on over to Jaycie and get her those keys. Once Jaycie opens up the panel you need to get in there and switch the wires as fast as you can; Sparrow is the smallest to get it done. But wait for Jaycie's signal. You will get electrocuted if you do the switch up too fast.

Conway and Euler, as soon as you get the keys, head down the hallways to open your respective panels, kill the lines, send signal to Jaycie and wait till she signals back. Jaycie-dear, you let Ada know when Conway and Euler let her know she is clear. Once Ada is done switching out the wires and out from the panel, Conway and Euler switch the lines back on, and get those covers back on. Just in case cameras go back online, we can't have them suspecting what we've done. Same with you, Jaycie, cover back on.

If Bella says all is clear, get back here to rendezvous and we will head to Tube 9. If not, the lot of you need to get to the Emergency Lift, Tube 8. My dears... you will have but 3 minutes.

But you, Ada, they will be looking for you since you will be off the radar. You need to draw attention away from the other four. The alarms will go off soon after you get out of the panel and they may even send Drones for you. Just use your EP to turn them away. Then you need to go Sapient and head into the stairwell and go to the next floor. If you are running out of time, no choice, dear. Go Fauna and fly like hell to the Emergency Lift. Wait and get into the first one that opens and once those doors open, get in there and don't look back, dear. Detonations will begin as soon as the power goes out.

Now don't worry about the directives of the other units. Only do what you can do and make it happen. This is a one shot opportunity with so many moving parts and so many conditions need to be met for it to work. But just know that is how important it is to get all of you out of here. Once it's go time, there is no turning back, dears. None.

Alright. Great. Any questions, ask them now...<<[/Hr]
 

Boo Girlie BoomBoom

⭐Warning⭐ If Boo like it Unicorns will vomit🏳️‍🌈
Original poster
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige
Genders You Prefer Playing
Female, Primarily Prefer Female
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Both but getting more aggressive of late. Rawr, Boo! >:[ Depends on GM. And! Just as important: Boo will happily edit posts to fix/backtrack/add convo or content as needed to accommodate k~~♥,♥!!
Favorite Genres
Fantasy of all kinds★★!! Here's a list: modern/urban, magic and swords, otherworldly/fish out of water, faeries and unicorns, sometimes dark, sometimes superhero-ish, sometimes mixed with sci-fi. The Boo Girlie's always down for weird, wild or whimsical! Yayuh!! :3 Oh! And Sky Pirates too~~!!
Genre You DON'T Like
Post apoc zombies, hard brain-hurting sci-fi, school/academies, direct-to-DVD fandoms, PvP survivals. Stats and Dice! Eww! Yucky!
~Jaycie~


~SUBJECT: JC - 31200016~

<~<>~>​

A reassuring pat on the back she gave to Conway after Ada had suddenly, and bluntly, come out and said with the utmost sincerity that she wanted to clear the air between the Sparrow and the Hedgehog. The Jay pressed her forehead into his and popped her dark blue eyes wide as she stared into his bright gaze.

"Yeah, I'mma say I vouch for Ada, dex, she's--" the instant realization as to why Ada would be so forthcoming hit her like a tonne of bricks. Agent 94 was right; there was to be no better time than now to say such things, make them count, and mean it. Jaycie cleared her throat before speaking once more, her voice lowered and more solemn than her normal upbeat Jaycie speaking voice. "--she's always been there. For me. For Dee. And she'll be there for us again, 'Way. Ain't no one better I know that will have our backs when we break outta' here."

One last nuzzle into the cuddly Hedgehog, then she released him. Without looking over, she reached for Ada's small of the back and pulled her in and gave her a nuzzle too. "Ain't no one better..."

Jaycie closed her eyes and savoured the moment, but no way would she gaze into Ada's dark eyes, lest she wish to start getting super emotional and bawling right here and now with Decker. A couple throat clears she gave as Ada moved away from both she and Conway to check up on Decker. Muh Big Sis... The Jay let our a soft laugh and turned toward the Bunny but redirected her attention as soon as she saw the Hare hop on scene.

"Blink..!!" The Jay bounded over and reached out for the other Year 1's hands and did a little dance number whilst singing a snippet of song she heard Ada's Handler, Mr. Adler singing after leaving the office of Jaycie's handler Ms. Cooperton, "♫- when i see your face, there's not a thing that I would change, cuz girl you're amaaaaazing just the way you aaaaaare...! -♫ 'Sup, sexy-dexie..?!"

And once again she was floored by the finality of the words dropped from another friend's mouth. Her smile faltered and her dancing stopped dead in her tracks. A small, guilty laugh Jaycie let out then nodded at the whiskered face of the Hare.

"Yeah, we all gunna' see it, girl..." both arms reached around the other girl and hugged tight, "...we gunna' see it and we gunna see that little thing called 'winter.' Amirite, Euler?"

She released the Hare guided her over into the gathered others, tightening their circle that much more. As the conversation and warmth continued, her gaze fell upon Decker, eyes softening, then misting up. Her mouth upturned into a smile then opened to say what she had to say to her friend... to mean it and make it count.

Agent 53 came over, interrupted and sent Decker on her way. Jaycie had one moment, and one moment only to make things right between them lest it slip through her fingers and shatter like falling glass smashing upon smooth, dark, cold steel.

But that would have to wait for later. It was final debriefing and time to listen in as Agent 53 presided over Unit 1.

<~~<>~~>


~DeeDee~



~SUBJECT: DD - 19750399~

She trembled a bit more but soon calmed with the hug from Jaycie, the mention of food from Conway and the added strength of the words from Ada. Silvery-blue eyes were wiped in time to see the outstretched arm offered up by the Sparrow. Swiftly and very obligingly, the Bunny took up the Sparrow's gesture and found herself in Ada's warm hug. "Merci beaucoup, dexie-girl. I sooooo needed that... See, 'Way? Jayce's right; Ada's got your back and gives the best hugs too...!"

A few moments longer she savoured the embrace before begrudgingly letting go. But in that time she had heard her friend Jaycie shine on Conway and a smile she had shone at the kind words. The smile faltered and failed, eyes aimed at the wet steel floor now. There had been no follow up of kind words trailing over to Decker. The Bunny jumped as Jaycie yelped out the Hare's name. Shoulders slumped and eyes went sullen as she turned away, cheeks shining pink and warm. Jaycie had such a nice voice and Dee wished that the song sung for Euler had been directed at Dee herself. Instead she sighed and reached out for Conway's hand. She perked up when she saw one of the snacks he had snuck in. A smile renewed the welcome happy features of her face now, "Conway...! A carrot? For real? That munchie for this Bunny or that one, hien?"

A contented sigh she let out with this turn of events and she reached out and stroked his cheek gently. Mid-motion, Decker froze on the spot when she heard the exchange between the Hare and the Jay. Quickly, she wheeled about and faced Euler. "Oui, dexie-girls. We will all see the Coast and the 'winter' together. No one left behind. No one."

Decker nodded firmly before reaching a hand out to the other girl, inviting her into the circle gathered here. She first raised Euler's hand to her cheek and warmly nuzzled it before reaching out for Jaycie's hand and doing the same. As they joined the circle and continued the chatter and banter, she finally rest a head upon Jaycie's shoulder and closed her eyes, breathing deep and calm. After much contemplation she turned her head, kissed her friend's shoulder and looked up at the other girl, silvery-blue eyes shining wide in earnest and care. Dark blue eyes of the Jay met hers and locked in. "Jaycie... Jayce. I want to tell you that-"

Agent 53 interrupted and told Decker that should would be with Unit 2 now. A curt and obedient nod, she responded to the Rhino. No matter, they would still have time to speak later, she was sure.

"Wow. This is it. This is." she looked them all over and traced her fingertips along all their arms, shoulders or fingertips, a warm fond gaze befalling her friends. "We will talk one last time before go time, no? We will make it to the coast. All of us. pour certaine... Together."

Several two-handed kisses she blew at her friends. Then smiling fondly and nodding one final time DeeDee turned to convene with Unit 2.


<~<>~>​
 
Last edited:

fish-writer

chelmon rostratus
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
Weekdays 9AM–8PM EST
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female, Transgender, Androgynous
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Typically passive, but if you give me the OK, I can be aggressive as well. I just don't like to step on anybody's toes.
Favorite Genres
Medieval Fantasy, Scifi-Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Real World Magic, Romance, Slice of Life
Genre You DON'T Like
Mystery, Noir, Western, Steampunk
Conway


IDN: CN-13035772

<~~>​

At the warm weight of Ada's hand on his shoulder, Conway startled, but a shy smile spread over his face at her words. He didn't quite know what it was about the redhead that intimidated him, but he could see the care she had for the dexes around her like a light within her, and he could feel her strength as she gripped him tightly. It gave him an odd sense of comfort, and he mourned the sudden chill as her hand withdrew, though Jaycie's forehead almost immediately pressed against his own, vision suddenly filled with the magnetic dark blue of her eyes burning into him as she talked about Ada. Conway’s heart clenched as he considered all the times he’d stuttered and stared and even hid when the redhead came around, unable to put into words how much he wished he could get that time back. His tongue still didn't quite work, but as Jaycie pulled away, Conway offered Ada a glowing smile, hoping it would convey how he felt.

As Jaycie and Ada turned back to Decker, Conway noticed a different dex making her way over to them. "Euler!" he greeted delightedly. Though the terror of their situation was ever-present, unignorable tension coiling up his vertebrae, each of his friends that joined their little crowd filled him with a courage he hadn't known himself capable of. The steadiness of her familiar voice brought him closer to tears even as he smiled. His friends ringed around Euler with greetings and love, but Conway held back a moment, trying to swallow the lump in his throat before he unexpectedly burst into tears. Though normally he wasn’t one to shy away from gratuitous displays of emotion, a spark of envy for the equanimity of his friends held him a little straighter.

Decker's hand slipped into his, and he held it tight, grinning as she asked about the carrot, the sudden brilliance of her smile flooding him with unexpected joy. "Half for this bunny, half for that, if that sounds fair," he said, snapping the vegetable in half and slipping one of the pieces into her hand, the other back into his onesie. With that done, he followed Dee to join the circle of dexes.

But Rhino began to address them before he could offer Euler the other carrot half, and Conway found his smile dissipating as Decker was re-assigned, the rabbit saying her goodbyes. "It's not goodbye," he murmured, more to himself than to anyone in particular. "See you soon, Decker." Again, he found himself trying to hold back his tears, but this time they were inexorable, trailing down his cheeks, and with a huff to steady himself, he gently took Jaycie's hand, and then Ada's, wishing vaguely that his arms were long enough to grab them all and hold them tight.

The instructions were direct, efficient. Heart beating in his throat, Conway tried not to think of all the ways things could go wrong. "We can do this," he said firmly, needing to believe his own words. As the Rhino called for any questions, the Hedgehog let his gaze flicker from friend to friend, memorizing them, a reminder of what he was fighting for. It wasn't just escape, wasn't even the freedom. It was them, his family. A better life for them. He took a deep breath, then another. "I guess this is it," he said softly. "We're really getting out." He gave Jaycie and Ada each a gentle, playful shove with his shoulder. "Can't wait to see what new foods they have on the coast!"
 

DeFier

The Aggro-B★TCH is here.
Roleplay Invitations
Not Taking RP Invites at this Time
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
Writing Levels
Give-No-Fucks
Genders You Prefer Playing
Female, Androgynous
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Aggro-bitch.
The Panther

Agent 94



The Panther watched as the chubby Bunny girl wandered her way on over to Unit 2. Golden eyes regarded the rest of the faces gathered in this Unit. None of these were 'Awakened' and knowing this, she too knew that Unit 2 would be at a disadvantage. In fact, their survival rate was going to one of the lowest, if not the lowest already of the grouped up units of Prey. But regardless, they were necessary for the plan to work and the Panther had already expressed how grateful she was of Unit 2's efforts and sacrifices for escape.

A simple nod she gave Decker before turning her attention to the Rhino as he did a once over of the plan laid out for Unit 1. As she sat upon her haunches, she nodded along as he transmitted his MindSpeak to them, silently agreeing with the steps that would lead them to--

Suddenly Agent 94 fell to all fours, body tensed and ready to strike, golden eyes glowing that eerie light once more. But the expression upon her dark furry face was not one of aggression nor anger. Yes, her ivory teeth were bared, but her mouth held more of a pained grimace than her normal feral snarl.

Those with 'sensitivity' beyond the normal 5 senses would hear her agony and catch a glimpse of her distressed mind's eye: >>Mother... Mother is wounded...<<was her hidden message and the sight of a wildly pulsating (and swollen?) Thrum exploded from her mind..

After a quick head shake, she leapt over to the Rhino, nearly slamming into him. A deep look of concern befell Agent 53's visage and he moved to comfort his friend and ally. Agent 94 shook her head and just pointed with her tail at 3 of the gathered Prey; a male and a female from Unit 1 and a female from Unit 2, >>Conway and Jaycie. To me now. Summer, you too. Maintenant. Now. NOW I SAID!!<<

Ignoring the concerns, worries and queries of the others, she just nodded at Agent 53 to quell their curiosity and narrowed her MindSpeak broadcast to only the three she called over.

>>Listen to me. And listen well. No room for screw ups. I mean that. We have been compromised and you three have been selected to help mitigate the damage caused by this... this unforseen factor. You need to meet up with Unit 6, but FIRST you need to get into the Staging Area for Subject Grooming. The three of you were listed for cleaning duty later today, no? They will not suspect you three going there to at least change some of the linens there.

Head there and try to act as if nothing is out of the ordinary. You lot are just keen to get your duties going. Agent 13 will rendezvous with you and take you to the room for Thrum 2. You have not met Agent 13, she is a Wolf, pour certaine. She will then take you to Unit 6 and you will standby for further instructions. Alors ça va? That understood, Prey?

Take the South stairwell. Get going and good luck.<<
 
Last edited:

Boo Girlie BoomBoom

⭐Warning⭐ If Boo like it Unicorns will vomit🏳️‍🌈
Original poster
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige
Genders You Prefer Playing
Female, Primarily Prefer Female
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Both but getting more aggressive of late. Rawr, Boo! >:[ Depends on GM. And! Just as important: Boo will happily edit posts to fix/backtrack/add convo or content as needed to accommodate k~~♥,♥!!
Favorite Genres
Fantasy of all kinds★★!! Here's a list: modern/urban, magic and swords, otherworldly/fish out of water, faeries and unicorns, sometimes dark, sometimes superhero-ish, sometimes mixed with sci-fi. The Boo Girlie's always down for weird, wild or whimsical! Yayuh!! :3 Oh! And Sky Pirates too~~!!
Genre You DON'T Like
Post apoc zombies, hard brain-hurting sci-fi, school/academies, direct-to-DVD fandoms, PvP survivals. Stats and Dice! Eww! Yucky!
~Jaycie~


~SUBJECT: JC - 31200016~

<~<>~>​

Jaycie smiled and nodded in agreement to the tasks the Rhino set upon all the Subjects. Bubbling with much excitement, the teen turned her attention over to Euler and acknowledged her 'partner in crime' for the upcoming ruse with an upward chinbob and amicable wink. Then she turned her attention to her 'big sis' at her side to make a silly comment and toss a warm arm around the little redheaded Sparrow.

And then the mirthful moment was interrupted by the sudden twist of fate.

Out of the corner of her eye, saw as the Panther seemed to freak out, wracked in some kind of convulsing rage. The blue-headed teen then jumped when the she saw Agent 94's eyes, they were glowing, but not like anytime she had seen before. This was the very first time she had seen a Scar in pain; true and unmistakable pain.

Dark blue eyes bulged and she could not help but squeal and take a couple steps back as she watched the Panther leap towards them, yellow eyes still glowing that eerie glow. Agent 94 had reassured and reaffirmed to them that she was on their side, but no matter if she was told a million times, the Jay would still be intimidated first and foremost by the midnight hued Predator.

Once more, the Jay jumped when Agent 94 called out her name and barked for she, 'Way and Summer, the Guinea Pig to approach her MAINTENANT!![ Both hands clasped together tightly at her chest as she was given new directives to follow, dark blue eyes wide and shining bright. A smile slowly unfurled from her dark lined lips as it dawned upon her.

The Panther was entrusting her with a very important mission. Not Ada, who was more trustworthy and more capable even than she, and, not Bella, who was a Year 3 and more experienced than she. No, not them but she, Jaycie the Smooth-Sounding-Bluebird, was being given a very, very special mission to 'mitigate the damage from an unforeseen factor,' whatever that meant... BUT STILL! Jaycie was going to be spearheading a mission to do something special...!

She could not help but cringe when she heard that they were to meet with another Predator but at least this Agent 13 was on their side too. A deep breath she took then exhaled and puffed out her chest with hands on hips, a proud look washing across her pale face. And of course, the eager Jacyie glint in those dark blue eyes could not help but shine through.

"Understood, Agent 94! And we won't disappoint will we? Eh, you guys? And oh! But all my other dexies don't worry, we'll take care of this very, very, very special and especially important mission then we'll be back to finish what we gots to do here right?!

Alrighty then... let's get 'er done, eh?! GOOOOO US!!!"


<~<>~>​
 

fish-writer

chelmon rostratus
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
Weekdays 9AM–8PM EST
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female, Transgender, Androgynous
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Typically passive, but if you give me the OK, I can be aggressive as well. I just don't like to step on anybody's toes.
Favorite Genres
Medieval Fantasy, Scifi-Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Real World Magic, Romance, Slice of Life
Genre You DON'T Like
Mystery, Noir, Western, Steampunk
Summer


IDN: UT-06211554

<~~>​

Summer grinned delightedly as she saw Decker making her way over to the group of dexes in Unit 2. "Dee!" she exclaimed happily. "Glad to have you with us." It was difficult to muster up her usual boundless joy with Agent 94's looming presence prickling the hairs at the back of her neck, but she did her best approximation of it, refusing to let the chill fingers of fear get a handhold. "We were just talkin' about how--"

But her easy Southern American drawl was cut off as the Panther exploded into motion, startling the chamber into utter silence as faces were drawn to her feral snarl, watching nervously as the tension coiled within her powerful body. Summer exhaled softly as the Predator leapt away from their unit, towards the Rhino, the movement wilder than anything Summer had witnessed in her before, and she pondered it so intently that she almost missed her summons, the words processing in her head only after one of the dexes in Unit 2 gave her an apprehensive shove. Me? she thought abruptly, even as her legs carried her towards the Panther, and towards the other two dexes who'd been called. Taking another steadying breath, she thought, Of course me, and hurried to meet them.

As Summer listened to her new orders, her gaze wandered to the dexes of Unit 1, faces she recognized. Jaycie was smiling, her eagerness evident, and the confidence contagious. An answering smile was spreading over her own features, and she offered the two of them a conspiratorial wink, turning back to focus completely on the last of the Panther's words. An intimate, covert mission. Not her usual style, but beggars couldn't be choosers.

Jaycie launched into enthusiastic agreement, and Summer found herself nodded along. "That's right, we got this taken care of, don't you worry," she said brightly, inserting herself between the Jaycie and Conway and wrapping an arm around both of them. "We'll be the best team you've ever seen, right?" She laughed easily, ignoring the jab of fear as her eyes caught on the sight of the stairwell. Hand picked by the Panther? There was no way to fail.

<~★~>​

Conway


IDN: CN-13035772

<~~>​

The bright, hopeful tension darkened immediately at the Panther's sudden violent reaction to something none of them could see. Conway felt Jaycie startle beside him, and he flinched terribly himself when the massive Predator leapt, the emotions in her enigmatic eyes looking alarmingly like panic. The optimism inside him began to crack, giving way to raw fear, and he unthinkingly reached for Jaycie's hand before freezing at the Panther's sharp command to approach, heart hammering inside his chest, but he followed the Jay quickly. As they got close, Conway noticed his friend's sudden smile, a familiar glimmer arising in her eyes as the Panther explained their new instructions.

He recognized Summer with an uncharacteristic spark of irritation, which he stubbornly suppressed, choosing instead to notice the mirrored certainty in hers and Jaycie's postures. The confidence and determination spilling from them was bracing, and Conway felt the vice of anxiety around his chest begin to loosen as she spoke. "We won't let you down, Agent 94," he promised earnestly, even managing an abashed smile as Summer wrapped her arm around him.

The Panther's words echoed in his head as he looked towards the South stairwell. Compromised. Unforseen factor. A shudder skimmed through his body, and he couldn't help a worried crease forming on his brow. To his teammates, he said quietly, "We'll have to be extra careful." He offered them a small, affectionate smile. "Stay close, okay?" His cheeks flushed with colour, not used to giving suggestions, but it was hard not to feel off-balance by the knotted atmosphere of stress mixed with hope. "Best team," he agreed with a nod, and then repeated Jaycie. "Let's get 'er done!"
 

DeFier

The Aggro-B★TCH is here.
Roleplay Invitations
Not Taking RP Invites at this Time
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
Writing Levels
Give-No-Fucks
Genders You Prefer Playing
Female, Androgynous
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Aggro-bitch.
The Rhino


Agent 53



>>Subjects, wait,<< The Rhino stepped into the gathering and stood beside the Panther, >> just a few more things. Listen, dears. No dilly-dallying. Make it to the Staging Area without distraction. Regardless of who would try to stop you, make any excuse necessary. Time is of the essence. And whatever you do in the open, for goodness sake, do not shift into Animal form. Your Handler's will be alerted immediately. And only go Fauna in dire circumstance.<<

A sideways glance from Agent 53 to Agent 94 would go unnoticed to all but those with keen smelling or sight. The Panther then grumbled softly, stretched then nodded at the Prey before taking leave to re-organize the other Units.

>>Agent 13 is a white haired agent. Tall, lithe and piercing blue eyes. White wolf with scars on neck and right rear flank. Speak a sentence and make sure to use the words: "SIX and BREAK" and she will know what to do next. Those are the Code Words so don't forget them.<<

He took pause for a moment, cleared his throat, and paused once more before speaking.

>>And my dears, if you see something... ermmmm... devastatingly out of the norm then get to the closest emergency call box and pull the lever. Then get back here ASAP. If we are not here, then get to Tube 8 or Tube 9. You are wondering what I mean by 'devastatingly out of the norm? Don't worry once you see it, you will be pulling that lever. And you will run.

Now then, let's see you off...<<


A nod of confirmation, then the giant Agent turned and lumbered on, guiding them to one of the broken cryogen pods. Agent 94 had finished reforming the 3 Units then followed along with them. She then stood still, tail twitching anxiously above her sleek dark body as Agent 53 shoved the dead machine husk aside.



The Panther

Agent 94



>>Little change of plans, Prey... no more travel by south stairwell. You must go indirectly to the level. Now... Head in there,<< transmitted the Panther, black tail pointing at the crawlspace just behind the pod, >>do not worry, it is safe and it is safe to go Fauna-- but only in crawlspace. You just need to crawl 156 metres. Straight away then one left turn at the fork till you get to the ladder. Shift to Sapient, then climb down 2 levels. Go Fauna and look for the light at the end of one of the four directions. And that is the grate you need to make an exit. Simple, no?

As she addressed them, she slunk with liquid ease before each one and stared into their eyes as she spoke to each in turn.

Jaycie first, but do not get too ahead of yourself. Keep movement speed manageable. Slow if necessary. This is to accommodate Conway's chronic nervousness. And keep quiet in the crawlspace! No talking! Shhh!

And you, you will be fine, Conway. You have to. You are the only one who may transmit BCT since your companions are merely Year 1's. Comprenez-vous? That understood? You are the key for success; your senses will keep you three safe. Use them.

Summer, hold the rear, and keep it together. Keep all together. No distractions and no rushing. Once at the grate, you will need to chew the black cable to open the grate at the end. Only the black, okay? I mean this.

Do not exit until clear. Alors, once clear, exit the crawlspace then go Sapient. You will be in an alcove so you have cover from the security cams. Walk with the next group that passes as cover and get to the Staging Area. Wait for Agent 13 then confirm with Code. Follow her to your next destination and await orders.

That clear, Prey?

Now then... please get going and good luck.<<



 
Last edited:

Boo Girlie BoomBoom

⭐Warning⭐ If Boo like it Unicorns will vomit🏳️‍🌈
Original poster
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige
Genders You Prefer Playing
Female, Primarily Prefer Female
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Both but getting more aggressive of late. Rawr, Boo! >:[ Depends on GM. And! Just as important: Boo will happily edit posts to fix/backtrack/add convo or content as needed to accommodate k~~♥,♥!!
Favorite Genres
Fantasy of all kinds★★!! Here's a list: modern/urban, magic and swords, otherworldly/fish out of water, faeries and unicorns, sometimes dark, sometimes superhero-ish, sometimes mixed with sci-fi. The Boo Girlie's always down for weird, wild or whimsical! Yayuh!! :3 Oh! And Sky Pirates too~~!!
Genre You DON'T Like
Post apoc zombies, hard brain-hurting sci-fi, school/academies, direct-to-DVD fandoms, PvP survivals. Stats and Dice! Eww! Yucky!
~Jaycie~


~SUBJECT: JC - 31200016~

<~<>~>

"Best teeeeam!!" squealed Jaycie as she threw her arms around the shoulders of her immediate companions, "Alright then... what are we waiting for let's go--"

The Rhino cut her off and went off on a spiel about safety first, but be fast, but don't shift or your Handler will find out, but you have to be successful. All that fatherly kind of talk and so of cours, the Jay nodded her head in just the right spots. When Agent 53 still kept going on and on and on, she pulled her arms from her companions' shoulders, gave a wry smile and shrugged. At least it meant he cared, she guessed.

She was just about to make a comment, then the teen snapped her mouth shut. She had spotted it.

There was some kind of hidden message sent between the two Agents. One that should have gone by unnoticed, but she saw it. And when the Rhino spoke next, she could make out most of what he was saying-- something about an abnormality or something, something, something...? Anywaaaays, she was sure the other dexies here would get her an instant replay of this spiel later on. Because as of now, she was zoning in on the Panther. The big black cat had just freaked out and now there was some kind of secrecy going on. Jaycie caught Agent 94, ever so slightly, peer over her shoulder at Agent 53 then subtly pointed towards a cryopod with her tail. Something was up. Definitely.

Once more she was about to comment when Agent 94 started off her transmission with some ominously chosen words. Words like: 'little change of plan' and 'indirect path' and 'stay in Fauna in the crawlspace.' But the subtext flew over her head and Jaycie's eyes glinted with all-consuming eagerness. To Jaycie, they were about to do something completely new, never-done-before, and super exciting. But even more than that-- the teen's dark lined lips grew from that of a smile of anticipation to a a full on Cheshire Cat's grin of bliss because...

...we are just about to do something bad.

The Panther pulled up in front of her and began transmitting more instructions and the girl nodded enthusiastically in agreement-- wait. Wut? Was she implying that Jaycie talked too much? "Hey, ummmm... question here... Sooooo Agent 94, how am I supposed to communicate if I can't talk? Aaaand you know that I can only receive Big Cat Tap, right?"

Just as soon as she asked the question, it was answered. 'Way was going to be the talker between the three. Jaycie in front, then Conway, then Summer. And Jaycie had to be quiet. Because a certain Agent thought she talked to much. Well, that certain Agent was wrong. Jaycie talked just enough. How could you make anyone feel happy without talking to them? Silliness. Jaycie thought she talked just enough and that she, if it meant making someone feel comfy, then hell yes, she was going to talk whenever she pleased.

Dark blue eyes glinted that certain Jaycie glint that Ada knew all to well. "Oh, we are clear, Agent 94. We are soooooo crystal..."

<~<>~>

And with that, the Jay shifted. The glow of her Animal Spirit flickered into life and the teen shut her eyes tight, head snapping back, mouth wide yet no sound could be heard in This World. The ghostly image of her Blue Jay Spirit finally took form and flitted and flew all about her body till nothing was left of the girl but a glowing Sapient silhouette. The silhouette winked out and when it winked back in, only the Bluebird form of Jaycie remained. It took all of 3 seconds to shift. 1 second longer than a Year 2. And 2 full seconds longer than a Year 3. But there she was, unique markings of white and black head feathers and white and black tail feathers as requested by her prospective owner not present. No, for she was indistinguishable from a regular blue jay now. She was in Fauna form.

She half-hopped, half-flew into the crawlspace and flitted about, taking in her new surroundings. Her little head darted this way and that as she continued her inspection, eyes getting accustomed to the darkness. She then squawked and hopped up and down excitedly. A wing flew up and gave the others a 'come hither' motion, and once more the Jay gave up a couple of excited hops.

Jaycie squawked once more and turned around to face the daunting darkness of the upcoming journey into the crawlspace. A few more head bobs to inspect the height and width of the cramped metal tunnel, then the Jay took to wing, rushing headlong into the dark.

<~<>~>
 
Last edited:

fish-writer

chelmon rostratus
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
Weekdays 9AM–8PM EST
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female, Transgender, Androgynous
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Typically passive, but if you give me the OK, I can be aggressive as well. I just don't like to step on anybody's toes.
Favorite Genres
Medieval Fantasy, Scifi-Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Real World Magic, Romance, Slice of Life
Genre You DON'T Like
Mystery, Noir, Western, Steampunk
Conway


IDN: CN-13035772

<~~>​

Devastatingly out of the norm. The words filled Conway with an unspeakable dread, the muscles of his shoulders and neck coiling with the cold touch of fear, and he swallowed, nodding silently and trying to draw strength from Jaycie's arm wrapped around him. Soon, though, her arm slipped off, and Conway could recognize the touch of impatience flickering through her. The panic had been coming and going in waves, but it was settling into a dull current in the back of his mind, like a heartbeat that he found himself ignoring, that he made himself ignore. He darted another glance at Jaycie's face, noticing a look on her face. Something was going on in her head, something she had noticed or thought of.

The Panther began to transmit to them, and Conway took deep, conscious breaths as their new plan was explained. The familiar anxiety curled around his gut, whispering doubts into his ear, tightening around his lungs. Again, he found his gaze flicking to Jaycie, and almost immediately, the fear loosened its grip as Conway stifled a laugh. The Jay had a broad smile on her face, almost vulpine, like she was the cat and not the canary. It was a smile he knew from countless excursions and pranks and adventures. Her smile ignited adrenaline in his veins. This was just another adventure, wasn't it?

And you, you will be fine, Conway. You have to. He believed the Panther's words with all he had, an answering smile on his own face, though a slightly grim one. The glow of Jaycie's Animal Spirit caught his eye, and he reminded himself that this was no time to dawdle. With a fortifying inhale, Conway closed his eyes and shifted.

It took two seconds for the glow to fade, revealing Conway's Fauna form, and for a dizzying moment, his instincts zeroed in on the mouth of the crawlspace, screaming at him to get in, to hide, but he shook his small, furry head to clear it and found the Jay hopping ahead of him. Follow Jaycie, he thought to himself, and hurried to the entrance, seeing the little bird consider the tunnel for a brief moment before taking wing inside.

Conway ran in after her with no hesitation, feeling the dark close in on him like a blanket, his panic bleeding away. It was a tight fit, and the sharp tang of metal in the air was almost overwhelming to his heightened smell; he could taste it on his tongue. His eyes couldn't penetrate the darkness, but he could hear the rustle of Jaycie's feathers ahead and the dull clicking of Summer's nails on the ground behind him, the sounds echoing in the tunnel. >>Straight until we reach the fork<< he transmitted to Jaycie.

As they traveled forward, Conway did his best to sniff out the wettest parts, hugging one side of the crawlspace or the other to avoid puddles, though there was no avoiding the overall humidity that beaded water on every surface. The air seemed to thicken as they progressed, the cooling of the BLOCC seemingly unable to penetrate into the depths of the tunnel. Huffing nervously at the sound of dripping that occasionally echoed around them, Conway almost missed the hesitation in their progress when they arrived at the fork. >>Left at the fork, until we reach the ladder<< Conway sent, after a split second of panicked combing through his memory. >>Almost there!<<

The proximity of their goal made the remainder of their crawl seem almost interminable to Conway, but he resolutely put his head down and followed the blue jay's sound and scent, now heedlessly stomping through small puddles despite the dirt and much that began to cling to his feet. He could almost pretend this was just another adventure, another opportunity to explore the secrets of the facility with his friend. And then the bird finally stopped. The quality of sound had changed, the echo of noises less solid around him. They'd reached the ladder. The relief was almost tangible, a flood that rose up in Conway's heart, his quills relaxing. They weren't lost in the underbelly of the BLOCC forever. >>Down two levels from here<< he informed his friends in BCT.
 

Boo Girlie BoomBoom

⭐Warning⭐ If Boo like it Unicorns will vomit🏳️‍🌈
Original poster
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige
Genders You Prefer Playing
Female, Primarily Prefer Female
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Both but getting more aggressive of late. Rawr, Boo! >:[ Depends on GM. And! Just as important: Boo will happily edit posts to fix/backtrack/add convo or content as needed to accommodate k~~♥,♥!!
Favorite Genres
Fantasy of all kinds★★!! Here's a list: modern/urban, magic and swords, otherworldly/fish out of water, faeries and unicorns, sometimes dark, sometimes superhero-ish, sometimes mixed with sci-fi. The Boo Girlie's always down for weird, wild or whimsical! Yayuh!! :3 Oh! And Sky Pirates too~~!!
Genre You DON'T Like
Post apoc zombies, hard brain-hurting sci-fi, school/academies, direct-to-DVD fandoms, PvP survivals. Stats and Dice! Eww! Yucky!
~Jaycie~


~SUBJECT: JC - 31200016~

<~<>~>


>>Straight until we reach the fork<< Conway had transmitted to Jaycie.

And thank goodness for that transmission. The Jay was beginning to fly a little too far ahead, drawn in by the sense of adventure and the desire to be the first to uncover the unknown. In her excitement, she had forgotten the directives given by Agent 94. In fact, she was about to squawk out loudly and keep on flying straight ahead past the slight glimmer at the fork and just fly straight into the deepening dimness of the crawlspace. Dark eyes popped open wide and she careened crazily to her left, barely missing a disastrous clipping of a wing.

She landed around the corner and gently tapped her beak upon the metal paneling beneath her. She waited long enough till she heard her companions close in on her location then took to wing again till she reached the ladder. The bird narrowly missed one of the deeper puddles of condensation upon landing. Once more she pecked at the metal surface neath her talons. A couple of head bobs she gave as she inspected the passageway leading up the ladder and then down the ladder. There was definitely more light leaking in from the the passage leading up.

But of course they had to head on down into the darker passage way.

Fine by the Bluebird. This was somewhere she had never been before. This was some place that her Handler, Ms. Cooperton would totally disapprove of her Subject to be located. Fine by the Bluebird because she had a bit of that rebellious streak in her; just like all her friends did too. Man, it feels so good to do something bad... whoooo-hooo!!!


<~<>~>



The Jay hopped up and down excitedly as her friends approached that much nearer to her. It took all her strength to resist squawking loudly once Conway announced that they had to climb down two more levels! She flew to the opposite side of the portal beneath them so she could have enough space to shift back into her Sapient form. Once transformed, she lay belly down into a puddle. The teen could not help but give out a squeak of surprise as she felt the liquid soak the front of her teal and grey onesie.

Dark blue eyes shone excitedly once she saw her friends across from her readying to climb down too. She made a shushing motion, then pointed at herself. A smile could not help but form at her mouth; Jaycie just promised that she would keep her mouth shut for once! The Jay then pointed at Summer and with her other hands she pointed with two fingers at her eyes then pointed down the ladder. She waited for Summer to acknowledge that Jaycie wanted her to watch for her. She then pointed to Conway's nose and nodded a couple times slowly at him. She then pointed to herself and made climbing motions. She arched her eyebrows and gave them a querying look whilst holding two thumbs up. Once they returned the thumbs up, she would hold out a fist to each of them to bump.

She was already climbing past the first of the two levels before she realized what an error it was to have squeaked out in surprise earlier. Summer would see the motion of something in the tunnel. And though they both could smell something strange, Conway would smell it right away; two smells in particular. One, was that It reeked of machine oil.

And two, was that it smelled of the earthly dirt like the garden he tended. No, that was not completely accurate. It smelled of that of which he buried into the earthly dirt; organic fertilizer.

It smelled of decay and decomposition.

<~<>~>​
 
Last edited:

DeFier

The Aggro-B★TCH is here.
Roleplay Invitations
Not Taking RP Invites at this Time
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
Writing Levels
Give-No-Fucks
Genders You Prefer Playing
Female, Androgynous
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Aggro-bitch.
Descending Into a Dark Place.







Onto the ladder the Blue Jay climbed and quickly began to climb down. The rungs were cool and yet rather dry. A layer of dust had accumulated over the surfaces of all within the passageway and would definitely dirty up the Prey's hands, shoes and onesies. The lower they climbed the less lighting it seemed was afforded to them. The Jay could hear the rhythmic whirring and clicking of multiple types of machinery softly echoing throughout the passages. She had better sight than most and she was rather athletically built so she felt comfortable carrying on down at a good pace. Yet perhaps at a pace that may make Conway feel was a bit too quick.

As soon as he had enough room, the Hedgehog grabbed onto the ladder and began to follow after his friend. He could hear the same sounds that the Jay did as well. But something else too. They would soon realize that were not the only things moving in these areas beyond the walls of the BLOCC. A soft blipping sounded out followed by the sound of whirring and hissing. This would be what he recognized as a sealed panelling being opened; just like when the cases caryring sensitive plants and bulbs were being opened. Conway would then hear something moving, wriggling even, before whatever it was came sliding out onto the metal flooring.

And then the smell of machine oil. This was the distinctive smell of the bio-organic substance secreted from the living machines that he never saw but could smell when he worked the gardens. All subjects had been told about the Drones, or TROGS as the Handlers called them, but what they all knew about the Drones was that they were quite large, so that could rule out their presence in the crawlspace. Whatever this moving thing was, it was something else entirely.

The Guinea Pig remained perched upon the upper ledge and peered down the cylindrial passageway that her friends now descended. She would not see anything alarming nor out of the ordinary deeper down the passageway. Then the lighting from above them seemed to flicker. Something had moved to block the light momentarily. She would then smell the soured scent of something rotted. Conway would recognize the smell as compost that he used in his gardens. The smell he would note, was wafting in from above them and not below.

But for some reason, his brain was being tickled by memory of Shilo. Something the Year Three Red Panda had mentioned once. Something about--

The soft blipping sound ceased. The sound of something-- or somethings --skittering along the metallic panelling of the crawlspace he would hear. Closing in on them but fast.

Summer having keen eyes, would have seen the faintest glimpse of what looked like a talon on the edge of the metallic flooring near the ladder above them pull away as soon as the skittering sound began. Then in the distance, on the same level as she, the Guinea Pig would see the dark shadowy form of something making its way towards her. Should she look down to warn her friends, she would see another dark form crawling up the ladder headed straight for Jaycie, who seemed totally oblivious to the invading form coming up from the dark below.

As it drew closer, the Guinea Pig would see hints of light reflecting off its metallic body and multiple legs. And then she would see the dull glow of its single red eye, pulsating with an eerie yet strangely calming hypnotic rhythm.


 
Last edited:

fish-writer

chelmon rostratus
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
Weekdays 9AM–8PM EST
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female, Transgender, Androgynous
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Typically passive, but if you give me the OK, I can be aggressive as well. I just don't like to step on anybody's toes.
Favorite Genres
Medieval Fantasy, Scifi-Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Real World Magic, Romance, Slice of Life
Genre You DON'T Like
Mystery, Noir, Western, Steampunk
Conway & Summer


IDN: CN-13035772, UT-06211554

<~★~>​

The sound of Jaycie's small squeak seemed to echo in the small, dark tunnel, reverberating in Conway's ribs with cold tendrils of fear that wrapped around his freshly Sapient lungs. No, no, no. This was not the time to panic. There was no room for panic. A hand gripped his shoulder with a warm intensity, and he looked back into Summer's grinning face, letting out a breath and trying to absorb some of the radiant confidence in her expression. Resolute, he turned back to watch Jaycie's hand signals, nodding his understanding before returning her thumbs up and fist bump and watching her descend.

When Jaycie reached the first level, a little more quickly than Conway had anticipated, he swung himself down onto the ladder. He had an unfortunate penchant for climbing, considering he wasn't the most agile of dexters, but he much preferred climbing up to climbing down. The latter felt a bit too much like controlled falling, which was his least favourite way of getting anywhere. In the passageway, the faintest of noises from below were amplified, the sound of gears and other machinery whispering around him. Dust had begun to plume in the air, displaced from the ladder by their feet and hands, and he tried not to breathe too deeply, tried to reduce the chances he might sneeze. The thought tugged the corner of his lips into the slightest curve, a ghost of a smile as he remembered the Red Panda's antics.

But a familiar sound interrupted his thoughts, so normal and yet somehow so out of place that he found himself stopping, foot dangling, halfway to the next rung. A case of fragile plant bulbs being opened. Conway's brow furrowed, whiskers twitching, and he cocked his head to the side, trying to hear better. There was the sound of movement, something squirming, something writhing, and Conway swallowed the whimper that flooded his mouth before it could escape. Something slid against metal, but the cramped tunnel sent the sounds bouncing around him, and he couldn't figure out where it was. >>Jaycie, stop,<< he transmitted, after a cold realization that the Jay would still be descending. He looked up, looking at the dark, blurry form of Summer still perched above the ladder, waiting and watching, but before he could transmit a warning, a suggestion, a cry for help, or anything, a smell filled his nose, the uncomfortable tang of machine oil, and he looked wildly around for the Drones.

Impossible, Conway told himself, beginning to shake as he held onto the ladder. They would never fit in here. He tilted his face down, then up, sniffing purposefully, eyes closed to try and magnify the scent, and he caught something new coming from above, a smell that was jarring for its out of place familiarity. Compost.

Summer smelled it, too, but not until she had blinked a few times, briefly uncertain if the flickering was an anomaly of her vision or some sort of electrical issue with the dim, orange lights above her. The back of her neck prickled, and her instincts told her to look up, but she resisted, keeping her eyes on the passage into which her friends had been descending. Jaycie had wanted her to watch, so by golly she'd do it, regardless of the metaphorical feeling of jaws closing around her. But the smell—her nose was wrinkling, and she covered the lower half of her face with her sleeve. It smelled like death, like decay, and even through her thin sleeve, it seemed to settle in her throat, and she swallowed to avoid gagging, looking up in an attempt to clear her watering eyes—

She froze, terror eclipsing the confidence she had been aggressively portraying as she spotted a talon disappearing from view just as a scuttling, skittering sound began, and her gaze dropped to the darkness before her, or more precisely, the moving shadow that was coming towards her. Clamping her lips shut, Summer leaned over the edge, looking first at the pale, terrified countenance of the Hedgehog, and then below, at Jaycie, and then even lower, her eyes drawn to the movement of another shadowed shape moving up, towards them. If she warned them of what was above them, they might continue to descend. If she warned them about below, they might come back up. Knuckles turning white, she gripped the edge of the metal floor.

For some reason, Conway's thoughts returned to Shilo, recalling the Red Panda's wild sneezing. He wrapped one arm quickly around the side of the ladder so he could press his other hand to his mouth to stifle the hysterical laughter that threatened to bubble forth. Shilo had mentioned an allergy, something about an allergy—why was this memory bothering him? He shook his head, trying to focus, trying to rein in the panic, when a new sound appeared, a sound that set every instinct in his body screaming to run, to hide, to curl up into a ball, the skittering, metallic sound of something coming towards them, fast.

Whatever it was, Summer could see light glinting off of it, as if it were made of something shiny. By the time she managed to shake off the frozen shock, she could see its eye, red and pulsing, and its many, many legs. She couldn't transmit BCT; silence wasn't an option anymore. "Y'ALL GET OFF THIS LADDER!" she shouted, trying to infuse her words with as much fear as she could, flinging herself onto the rungs above Conway and descending with panicked haste, physically preventing the two other dexes from returning to the level where the first shadow prowled. Her voice echoing around the passageway was gratingly loud, and the Hedgehog shook off his own mental paralysis, descending quickly, just in time to avoid being stepped on by Summer.

>>Come up here, Jaycie,<< he transmitted, clambering onto the floor of the level below where they'd begun, not trusting his actual voice to be loud enough to reach her. Summer followed, immediately throwing herself onto her belly so she could scoot to the edge of the floor and look down at the Jay, ready to pull her up or fight off any unwanted followers should it be necessary.
 

Boo Girlie BoomBoom

⭐Warning⭐ If Boo like it Unicorns will vomit🏳️‍🌈
Original poster
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige
Genders You Prefer Playing
Female, Primarily Prefer Female
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Both but getting more aggressive of late. Rawr, Boo! >:[ Depends on GM. And! Just as important: Boo will happily edit posts to fix/backtrack/add convo or content as needed to accommodate k~~♥,♥!!
Favorite Genres
Fantasy of all kinds★★!! Here's a list: modern/urban, magic and swords, otherworldly/fish out of water, faeries and unicorns, sometimes dark, sometimes superhero-ish, sometimes mixed with sci-fi. The Boo Girlie's always down for weird, wild or whimsical! Yayuh!! :3 Oh! And Sky Pirates too~~!!
Genre You DON'T Like
Post apoc zombies, hard brain-hurting sci-fi, school/academies, direct-to-DVD fandoms, PvP survivals. Stats and Dice! Eww! Yucky!
~Jaycie~


~SUBJECT: JC - 31200016~

<~<>~>

Dark blue eyes popped open wide as she realized that she was already past the first level and could not hear the others following close behind. The girl paused mid-motion and peered up the portal and saw Conway gingerly making his way down. Dark blue eyebrows slanted away with much sympathy, a sheepish smile parting pink lips. Oh, the poor thing was timidly making his way down one rung at a time, like a little kid going down stairs; both feet had to touch the lower rung before the next rung was attempted. ~Awww... 'dorbs...!

With one hand still clutching a rung she waved up at Summer peering down at them. She then pointed at 'Way, winked, smiled and gave a thumbs up. Then suddenly, her expression changed. Dark eyebrows were now burdened with a scowl. What was happening up there. Why did the Hedgehog hesitate then give a tilt of his head all of a sudden? A simple shrug she gave and decided to continue her descent; the dex was probably just catching his breath since--

>>Jaycie, stop,<< transmitted the Hedgehog, startling the Bluebird.

Once more she paused mid-motion. And once more dark blue eyes popped open wide. She too could now hear it. Something. No, somethings. A sharp gasp she gave then covered her mouth, smearing her pale face with the accumulated grime of the tunnelways. They had been found out. Jaycie then bit her lower lip to keep from cursing our loud; she only realized now that it was her error that caused them to be discovered. It was her who had put them in danger. All because of a little squeal of surprise. It was she who had doomed them.

The sharpness of Summer's voice reverberating in the quiet of the tunnelway pierced her thoughts and hearing. And so Jaycie could not help but let out a muffled scream. She then heard the scrambling of her friends descending down the ladder and her instinct was to drop off the ladder, go Fauna, and hope she did not clip a wing as she descended further. A quick inhale she took and held her breath, forcing herself to concentrate on shifting while under duress--

>>Come up here, Jaycie,<< was the frantic tapping at her temple. ~But wait... Wut? Why up? She looked up to see Conway on the level above her; Summer landed swiftly thereafter and fell to her belly. The redheaded Southern Belle peered down at her, staring intently at the Jay-- ~no. Not at me, but at what's below me--

In stead of hurrying up the ladder post-haste, the teen glanced downward at what Summer stared at; Jaycie being Jaycie just needed to know what was there.

And there she saw the pulsating light. The red light was flickering to its own beat; like a pulse. Tha-thump, tha-thump, tha-thump... Like a heart rate. Tha-thump, tha-thump... Like the Heart of the BLOCC. Tha-thump... Just like the Thrum.

The Jay's eyes glazed over, her heartbeat matching the calming thudding of the thing reaching up for her. Into its pulsating eye was her mind lost. And into its multiple living-steel arms was her body swallowed. There was no fight in her. There was no resistance at all.

Jaycie was dragged away down into the darkness of the tunnelway.

But not before finding a moment of clarity. Dark blue eyes became the eyes of the Blue Jay once more and she pulled at the one arm that covered her mouth to no avail. So instead she just pointed frantically at the thing above Summer, hanging from the ladder, reaching down to engulf the redhead with its multiple living steel arms.

<~<>~>
 

DeFier

The Aggro-B★TCH is here.
Roleplay Invitations
Not Taking RP Invites at this Time
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
Writing Levels
Give-No-Fucks
Genders You Prefer Playing
Female, Androgynous
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Aggro-bitch.







Yes, Summer did get a better look at the thing in the tunnel clambering up to get them. It moved with such liquiid ease that its speed was rather deceptive. She even caught a good look of it as its multiple arms caught the limp body of her blue-headed friend as the teen fainted, then fell into the deepening dark below. She did see with full clarity, the arms slither about then strike like living metal snakes, countless overlapping metalic plates shifting and sliding like scales of a real serpent. Yes, she could still see them tightening their grip over Jacycie as it yanked her away from them. It almost seemed like a greedy act as if it were gleefully attempting to horde the teen for itself.

Perhaps even Summer reached out a arm to grap the Jay, and even if she did she would find that a trial in futility. The outstretched finger of the Jay foretold of Summer's demise afterall. The redheaded Year One was soon wrapped up by a greedy, multi-armed, red-eyed monstrosity that reeked of fresh bio-machine oil. But whereas Jaycie had looked the thing directly into its single pulsing and hypnotic red eye, Summer had the fortune of not facing it, however, her arms would be pinned to her sides by the incredible strength of the monstrosity.

Yet perhaps Summer would be strong enough to break free from its grasp but soon enough she would tire from fighting off something with only her two arms and two legs alone. And she could figure out its fighting pattern easily. Its plan-- or trained methods-- was to subdue its Prey by forcing eye contact so it may hypnotize the Prey into simple submission with little to no struggle.

And so that would leave Conway. Poor Conway had the pleasure of split-second decision making right on the spot. He could lean forward, stretch out in desperation, reach out an arm, and easily have grasped Jaycie. He could reach directly across then grasp, clutch and fight away at the arms of the writhing mess of a thing that grappled Summer so she could be freed. Poor Conway.

Could the Hedgehog choose to save one and not the other? Could he save both? But to those who knew him, the real question was; could the timid Hedgehog even save but one of his friends at all?

Or was the urge to roll up into a spiked ball and roll away his best decision?

But then again, those that knew him, they knew that he was a dex for whom it was well worth investing faith. Ada did. Just before the final debriefing in the failed cryogen room. And still there were those that knew him just that much better.

Those ones knew he was at his best when he was thinking outside the box.

But he had better hurry and be at his best. Poor Conway. Poor, poor Conway...

 
Last edited: