The Depth Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Arashi
[HP:26/26] [MP:12/12] [XP:1/10]

_____________________________________________________________________________________
After debating on what to try next in this visual reality game. Arashi is caught up with the feeling of the winds gently blowing in his face, and how real everything seems to be. Most of the times he has to remind himself that he is playing a game and not in a new world, made to explore and experience to the fullest, though that were his intentions to do so. Despite the crashed site being as it is, Arashi saw beauty in it. He decided to move on and after climbing a nearby hill, he was enthralled by what was before him. A vast and unexplored land awaits him with the sun shining over it all. This was his first time feeling the artificial sun's rays directly hit his face. He never felt this way playing a game, he felt like he won the lottery when he got the beta key. Then it hit him, he was reminded that the beta key wasn't his. After feeling bad for a while, he felt happy when he thought of all of his friends on the outside joining him on this adventure.

Arashi went on one knee then he leans back to lay on the ground. "Might as well just relax for awhile." Arashi said with a satisfied smile on his face. He knew he found the next thing that would replace all of his previous games. He knew that this game has topped them all by a long shot. After looking up into the sky, Arashi decided to close his eyes and rest in this new world. With a long breath, he places his hands behind his head and just enjoyed the little things this game had to offer. The time it would take to reach max level does not concern him one bit. All he wanted was to enjoy the game as he played. Enjoy what each area had to offer him, search for the rare drops this game had hidden, Invest time in a profession of his liking, and all the other things he can find and all of the people he will encounter along the way. The amount of things he would be able to do never seem to stop filling his head.

Time flies by as he continues to relax before realizing how much time he has been wasting. He jumps up and searches through the UI and finds his weapon. A little tap on the screen and the blade appears in front of him. Arashi smirks upon the blade materializing in front of him in a azure blue light. After it is finished, he quickly snatches it from the air and holds it in his hand, flipping it, and feeling the blade. "I think it is time to test out the combat in this game. This is a beta after all.". A large grin appears on his face as he pulls over his hood, concealing his face. He walks ahead forward, trying to practice his sneaking abilities along the way. searching for an opponent to fight and test out his abilities and skills in this game. "I will have to get used to using my abilities to their fullest if I want to succeed in this world."​

"We could use your help, adventurer." An NPC called out to Linnea. It was a young man with thick glasses and a mustache that belonged back in the Freddy Mercury era. "Some of our supplies have been stolen by some of the critters around here. Little goatmen, they are. I think they were headed that way." He explained, pointing towards a small hill to the south, just outside of camp. "It's nothing dangerous or anything... But they were some sweets that we saved. If you find them, please give me a call."

And with that, the name Neil Opal popped up in Linnea's UI as a contact, and the NPC apologised before going back to his job. If Linnea were to accept the quest, she would head into the direction of Arashi, who was on the other side of the hill Neil had pointed to. The forunn they were supposed to target, wouldn't be much further away, but they would be fighting with Skia and Azymus...

Savage & Pulse
21/42 HP | 1/9 MP | 0/10 XP | 26/42 HP 3/14 MP 0/10 XP

The webs were thicker and became more difficult to traverse ever narrower paths. "It's like the webs are lava." Pulse remarked as they went deeper into the ship. At the end of the corridor, Pulse and Savage would have to climb down by ladder on the account of the elevators no longer being operable. However… They would be unable to do so without touching the web; as the ladder itself was covered in it.

"I'm not liking this." Pulse sighed. "Can't you cut us a path or something?"

Careful not to touch any webs Sav followed behind Pulse quietly. Thunder had left them behind and with him went any chance of blowing up the engines from afar. On the bright side of things it did mean that there wouldn't be any more orders being barked at him or Pulse. Caught in trying not to touch any of the webs Sav found his size soon a bit too much for the web laced corridors and resolved to kneel down closer to Pulses height to avoid touching anything with the top of his head. Unable to see past her he bumped into her a little when she stopped. Stepping back immediately he straightened up as she asked him to put his axe to use.

"It's good for breaking things, not cutting them. Too bad we didn't have a mage, they could burn or freeze them so we wouldn't have to deal with it."

There wasn't anything in Pulse's inventory or skills that could help them either. "How bad can it be. Even that fox was a breeze." She said, as she got on the ladder. She descended into the deep, but the further she went down, the slower she began to move. The web stuck to her character and made her feel sluggish…

Impatient as always Sav looked down the ladder. Pulse was moving too slow for his liking. "What's taking so damned long Pulse? I don't want to fall on your ass." He called down.

"Not dying!" Pulse yelled back sarcastically.

Grumbling he tried to see the bottom, which he could though it looked rather far. Unwilling to stand by any longer as she moved at a snails pace Sav took two steps back, then three forward. After a brief instant of free fall Sav realized the mistake in his action and he braced for the bottom of his controlled fall. Passing Pulse in a second he slammed onto the bottom with a loud thud, vibrations ringing outward from the metal. Groaning he stood up straight again and watched as on his UI some health was knocked off.

"That's what you get, baboon." Pulse remarked, with a hint of a smile playing on her lips as she saw Sav's health drop on her party screen. Pulse tried to dust off the spider webs, but it didn't work. Apparently it was some kind of status effect, as she still felt like she was moving with her godhands on… Even if she didn't.

"Well if you don't hurry up we'll starve to death before this damned quest is over."

"And if you don't watch where you're going you'll have to restart the whole thing over again." Pulse snarked back.

"Maybe then you'd listen to me when I say we should just burn the damn thing to ashes."

As the two fought amongst each other over the way to do things something brewed in the darkness ahead of them. Stirred by their movements it crept along the webs so silent neither of the two knew of it until it was upon them.

Level 5 Aenara♂★★★☆☆

It snarled, rearing up on its prickly hind legs. The fat fangs of the spider were easily the size of Savs hands, and it's front legs rivaled his own. The small ones bothered him enough, but this creature was an abomination of nature regardless of whether or not it was virtual. Frozen in terror for a split second Sav reacted by launching forward and bringing down his axe on the black beady eyes of the arachnid, his Sever ability activating as he did so.

Savage hit a massive 13 damage, shaving the spider's health by a third with more to come. However; he was now in the direct range off the Aenara's fangs; which, dripping with poison, landed a clean hit on Sav dealing 8 damage but leaving a very nasty prospect on his status bar, he was poisoned…

Pulse, knowing better than to follow the same pattern as her partner, moved to it's side and landed a straight into the spider's side, but only dealing three points. The spider's leg shot out to Pulse, having surprising length and accuracy; easily pinning 8 damage on her character as she grit her teeth. "What kind of first level quest is this!" Pulse complained, still feeling the sting of the arachnid's kick.

"God damnit we'll die at this rate!"

With more than a third of his own health shaved off by the attack of the spider Sav felt he had little choice in what else he could do now. The level differences in this game were insane, and the lack of any armor or weapon bonuses meant everything hit really hard. That wasn't going to do well in the long run if they didn't find something to soak up this damage. For now though it was simply a matter of trying not to die. No healing equipment, no antitoxins and no choice Sav tried to flank to the side of the spider in an attempt to not be poisoned by the next attack. Swinging the axe at the hinge of the legs again he activated the Sever ability, his MP flat lining as he did so. With this attack, Pulse's, his bleed damage the previous Sever left and a bit of luck Sav hoped they might just live through this encounter at least.

"Pulse! Kill it." He shouted in a desperate hope not to be done in by it before she could react.

With just a sliver of health on the spider left, Pulse reacted before Sav could even finish shouting. With a well-placed second punch, and a tick of Sever's bleeding damage, she cracked it's giant body into bits.

"I don't know what you have against exoskeletons." Pulse said, with a voice shaking from the adrenaline. "I don't think I've ever punched something with that much satisfaction." She drew up the party window and watched her and Sav's health having taken a pretty big hit. She knew they wouldn't survive a second encounter like this…

Pulse wasn't the only one aware of how bad Sav had been hit. The initial attack had carved out nearly a third of his HP, and the poison effect just did nearly the same again. He brought in a deep breath of relief. Under the circumstances of having just destroyed the foul spider in two attacks the damage he received was probably light.
"If there's another one on the way to the armoury we're fucked Pulse." Sav pointed out as though she hadn't already understood the situation. "Still think we shouldn't have burnt everything?"

"Burning is starting to sound like a good plan." Pulse admitted, "But before we do that, hold-"

[dscroll]
BATTLE REPORT

Kills: 1
Battle EXP: 1

Savage
4 Aenara Silk
1 Carapace
5 Aenara Leg

Pulse
4 Aenara Silk
4 Carapace
2 Aenara Leg
1 Venom Sac​
[/dscroll]

"Well, at least we got something out of this." Pulse said, with a lot greater sense of satisfaction and grin on her face than Sav seemed to hold. She swept away the report, but her heart was pounding in her throat. This was far more exciting than foxes and little goat people. Still, the repercussions weren't to be taken lightly either. "Now hold still, I'm going to try something." Pulse told Savage, looking straight at him for the first time since they entered the spaceship.

Pulse summoned a small drone that flew off towards Sav, instantly healing 1 HP, but continuing to stick to the Berserker for further healing… Although it couldn't match the poison ticks, it would stick around far longer.

"I don't hope I need to say this, but let's avoid spiders from now on."

Sav hardly had any reason to argue that fact with her. If it was up to him they'd of left the ship now, but the armoury was, to his understanding, close. If he was wrong they'd pay for it with their lives soon enough and end up like Phax wriggling on the ground in a puddle, or back at down with a shred of decency.

"Onto the armoury then?"

"Onto the armoury." Pulse confirmed, as they went in deeper. It was fortunate the floors downstairs weren't covered in webs, so Pulse and Savage could move more freely. At least, if they weren't mentioning the damage to the hull. The pipelines were exposed and debris laid scattered across the floor. The spiders had used the walls to travel, as they could see from the webs plastered onto them. Pulse and Savage would soon reach the armoury, but if they watched the ceiling, they could see a spider had gone in there at some point…

The undeniable fact that a spider more than likely waited in ambush for Pulse and Sav wasn't something he was keen on admitting. The reality of the situation though didn't care for his opinions on the matter though. Weighing the options Sav brought up his chat UI.

"Oh captain my captain."

He sent the words through the system to Bonnie hoping her and Thunder hadn't fallen to an outside menace yet. With any luck she'd make the decision for him.

"This is Bonnie McClyde, over." It sounded from the other side of Sav's chat channel.

"We're at the armoury, we probably won't be able to save anyone. What's inside there for us to use?"

There was no point in lying. The game probably made this quest difficult on purpose to begin with to try and guide players in specific directions so they could accustom themselves to the game systems before heading out too deep into the wilds.

"I see…" Sounded a depressed captain on the other side of the line. "We have some spare weapons in it, and magazines. We're not a battleship, but there were some supplies kept in there as well. Food, mostly."

Well that was a good sign. At least this wasn't some ship that expected to survive off unexisting food and supplies. That and the weapons were very appealing to Sav, though he doubted there would have realistically been a new claymore for him in a locker. Food alone enough to get him excited he was roaring to go now in hopes that they could find something to get them out of here alive, maybe even heal up some HP.

"Guess we got no choice Pulse, can't leave the weapons alone."

Taking the lead Sav walked through the doorway into the armoury, the webs on the ceiling no longer daunting in the face of quality loot. A little more daunting though, was another giant spider hanging on the top of the roof. It hadn't noticed Sav and Pulse, as it was clearly occupied eating. The webs in the room didn't touch the floor, but they did spread across the left wall and ceiling.

"How is that plan of yours cooking up now, baboon?" Pulse spoke in the party chat not to alert the spider of their presence. "We know we can't take another of these in a straight fight."

Then, realising Thunder could hear them speaking through the channel she asked; "What's the status on the survivors, Thunder? You're not letting our XP slip from our hands when the baboon and I are down here getting our hands dirty, are you?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Arashi
[HP:26/26] [MP:12/12] [XP:2/10]
After walking around the area, Arashi soon hears the sounds of fighting in the distance. Eager and curious to know what is going on he moves in silently and as stealthy as he can. After wandering around the environment, following the sounds of combat, he finds two warriors locked in battle with what Arashi could describe as goat-people. His UI pops up showing that they are called Forunn. Seeing that they are outnumbered 2/15, Arashi decides to help out his fellow players. Since he wanted to test out the combat system in the first place. He wanted to see how effective the class special for the assassin was for him. Arashi turns into a being that is nearly invisible but can still be noticed if one looked hard enough. Arashi gets into a crouched position and moves forward.

"Take out the weaker ones first, or target the strongest?..."

Arashi thought about the question in his head as he drew nearer to his target. At first he was heading for a stronger one but remembered how a hoard of weaker enemies proved to be more dangerous before in a previous game and went after a weaker one.

"Not going to make the same mistake a third time."

Arashi mentioned in his head before lifting up his blade, preparing to strike the Forunn from behind. He activated his Sneak Attack ability on a lvl 1 Forunn, directing the attack to the creature's neck, as the other hand reaches over and grabs the head to hold it still.

STR vs VIT=Damage:8
+
Sneak attack with cloaked bonus= 150% weapon damage
=
12 DAMAGE

The forunn yells upon having the blade seep into it's throat before being silenced by my hand. My cloak disappears upon attacking the forunn. The forunn falls to the ground where it precedes to burst into shards and disappear in the air. I nod to the warriors as my face is still concealed. I draw my dagger close to my face watching the surroundings for any more enemies than the ones in front of us. I realized I am in the middle surrounded by enemies who can and will be able to kill me pretty easily and quickly if I am not careful.

"
Are you okay?"

I direct the question towards the Cyborg as I prepare for a fight. Hoping to make it out and not make my first fight in this MMO a failed one.

Ruins Archer
{30/30 HP} {11/11 MP} {1/10 XP}

He had chosen Ranger/Bard as his set up, maybe it was a strange combination to most but the effect of this would prove useful, he knew, after all The Depth Online is just the same as a regular MMORPG, as a Bard he could put things to sleep, as a Ranger he could attack from far away, Archie knew that he would need to find a partner rather soon though so he takes off towards a plains area, he happened to notice the Harenn and a few other odd and ends monsters; but he would simply skirt them and avoid them. He didn't feel like fighting on his own just now. Hopefully he would run into someone out this way...He couldn't do much else on his own anyway.

Litari Lights
{23/23 HP} {12/18 MP} {5/10 XP}

The female Tryma had taken some damage, Litari could kill it easily she realized, the Tryma didn't need much more to die. Instead of wasting MP on the thing she raises her hand, in the same gesture she had done when she threw her fireball, this time the light didn't change color or look like anything; just a ball of magic which she threw at the Tryma's big beak...she missed but the light show had caught the Tryma's attention and it charged at Litari with it's beak. She didn't have the time to avoid the hit when the beak hit Litari took the 5 damage but cringed as she was flung back into one of the trees, that stunned her for a minute but she blinked as she stood up.

This time she aimed carefully with her magic attack and didn't miss, when the ball hit the female Tryma died and when it did Litari didn't hesitate to take off after Barong completely ignoring the screens that had popped up with her drops on it. Litari was still managing to ignore the pain, probably because of the adrenaline pumping through her, though Litari's pain tolerance in her real life was fairly high, so long as she didn't think about it she should be fine. She wasn't sure if she'd be able to catch up to Barong though...though she was running pretty fast.

{18/23 HP}

Linnea
Level 1
17/17 HP - 14/18 MP - 3/10 EXP

"Oh!" Linnea turned in the direction of the speaker, only to find herself biting back the impulse to giggle. Strange throwback fashions from the real world wasn't something she expected to see here. Maybe it was just some developer having fun with their NPC designs? "Um, yes, I'd be glad to help. What did you need?" She tried her best to keep a serious expression on her face, which wasn't hard as he began to offer up exactly what she had been looking for.

Sort of.

A fetch quest...that was definitely a fetch quest! It felt like she had jinxed herself just by thinking of them. But I do get to explore some, so it's guess that's all right. Better than dying before I even learn how to play! I think. He hadn't asked for her agreement before leaving, but it sounded like calling back would be answer enough. After a check of her equipment and skills, a quick glance for landmarks, and a deep breath, she set out. Her route to the indicated hill took her through a sunlit area that made her wish she could wander around and explore. The short length of the trip made that temptation easier to ignore. Before she could reach the top of the hill, the sounds of a battle reached her. Cautiously she crept toward those noises, trusting that whoever was making them wouldn't hear her coming. Soon quite a few names and levels popped into view. Forunn? That's got to be the goat men he mentioned. I didn't think there'd be so many here... Luckily for her, there were also several players in the midst of the Forunn, so they probably wouldn't all come at her at once.

The thought to use a skill had barely crossed her mind when her tome flipped open. There was no need to hold it; it seemed content to float at a convenient height while the spell was cast. Visible light gathered around the tome as her hands gestured over the open pages; then, with a flash, the gathered energy shot outwards. The crescent of magic was easy to see but approached quickly enough to surprise the Forunn. Of the five positioned behind the Assassin, two tumbled sideways with high, angry yells as they bumped into one another. Two more staggered but held their ground despite more pained shouting. One hadn't been hit at all and turned in the direction of the attack.

Linnea casts Aether Wave for 4 MP.
Level 2 Forunn♂ was knocked back and hit at 150%, taking 7 damage. HP: 6/13
Level 1 Forunn♂ was knocked back and hit at 135%, taking 8 damage. HP: 1/9
Level 2 Forunn♂ was hit at 120%, taking 6 damage. HP: 7/13
Level 2 Forunn♂ was hit at 105%, taking 5 damage. HP: 8/13.
Level 3 Forunn♂ was not hit. HP: 17/17

It was a bit late to ask, but... "Hello! Mind if I help?" Linnea smiled at the other players; then her gaze flicked over to the Forunn. They were aware of her position now, but instead of charging as she had feared, they were watching the players carefully as they moved. It's like they know not to turn their backs on us... It wasn't how she was used to thinking of monsters in games, and the idea could use later consideration, but at the moment most of her focus was on the three goat men approaching her.

Barong
26/30 HP | 7/14 MP | 9/10 XP

His bait was a success, Barong gleed as he looked back to see the Tryma follow him. It covered the distance between them quickly and so Barong activated his Dash skill. Within an instant he felt the air currents pressing stronger against his body, as he kicked off to run at twice the speed. His legs moved at a speed Barong couldn't phantom to ever have done and the blades of grass he passed through were pulled along by the vacuum of his speed.

When Barong looked over his shoulder, he saw only one of the two birds was following him still. He and his single pursuer were evenly matched in speed. "C'est la vie." Barong shrugged and said to himself, having too much fun with his dash-skill to think much of it. Certainly the rest of his party could deal with a single enemy, Barong thought... Although upon a second glance he did notice Calice, and shortly after, Litari losing 5 HP each on his party screen! These things hit a lot harder than the harenn. Still, Barong couldn't simply run back, as he would bring the Tryma right back with him.

However, that wouldn't need be a worry of Barong's, as he drew the bird far enough from it's nest, it decided the gunslinger was no longer a threat and turned the other way. Barong, noticed this turn around too late, and when he wheeled around in an arc (not to lose his speed boost as his ability's description had warned him off), the Tryma was already back on it's way.

"Guys, I outran it, but the bird is heading back now." Barong warned through the party chat, although he still sounded rather smug about it. Barong pulled his gun out of his holster to aim at the back of the bird... But it was hard to aim while on the run, especially at a moving target. "Get the NPC out of there while you can, I don't think it'll come after you once it's back with it's young."

Although Arashi and Linnea joined the battle, it didn't make it any easier for one of the fighters. Azymus had split the mobs in two groups, one for both him and Skia, but as the berserker unsheathed it's dual swords to fight the forunn; he was hit by one of the little goatmen from behind. Experiencing the pain for the first time, he let out a shriek... Or rather; she did. Skia's voice was unmistakably female.

Stunned by the pain, Skia failed to defend against a second, frontal attack. A forunn had bashed it's head straight between the legs! Skia fell to her knees, not understanding why the second hit hurt so much more than the first one. The pain had made her lose the will to fight, and the forunn attacked Skia one after another until her health had been completely depleted and she vanished from the battlefield.

Azymus would see Skia would respawn, but shortly after hear a high-pitched voice pant and wheeze in party chat. "I can't do this." The voice squeaked, shortly after which he would see Skia's name leave the party window...

One of many in the new TDO, Skia had given up the fight. Unable to log out and unable to push their selves to play, she would become one of many players who lingered around in the Landing Site...

Last edited:
| Azymus | Level 2 | Regenerator |
| 25/30 HP | 6/15 MP | 5/10 XP |

All players have left, your group has been disbanded.

Oh... this is bad...

Azymus had just put down two of the angry, level 3 Forunn, when a girlish scream of agony signaled the disbanding of his group. He turned just in time to see the other seven Forunn come charging down the hill towards him and their comrades. He managed to put one more of his own enemies out of commission before the charging group crashed into him, the leading two dealing 7 damage each and sending him sprawling. Watching his health bar drop into the warning yellow sent him into a panic, scrambling away from the goat-men to try and regain his footing. As he tried to put some distance between himself and his enemies, two players saw his predicament and rushed to his aid. One of them, a man, stealthed in from the side and killed a Forunn in one hit, while the other player, who was most definitely female, cast some sort of magic blast that damaged a group of goat-men on the other side.

Seeing that the newcomers had taken the aggro of the group and that he was no longer being pursued, he stopped and took a deep breath, before remembering his skill from the Medic Class.

"Infusion!"

Three mechanical tendrils burst from a compartment in his chest and whipped around to stab their needles into his spine. His reaction came too late, as they glowed green, injected their payload and then retracted back into his chest before he could even try and grab one. Looking at his health bar, he saw that it had been refilled by about a third and was now back in the green, though he only had a sliver of MP left.

Hearing the calls from both players, he crossed his fingers and replied.

"Hey! Thanks for the help, I was in trouble there until you two showed up. Want to group up?"

He quickly sent them both a group invite, checked himself over and decided that he would be heading back to the base camp after they had disposed of these cursed goat-men.

Circling around the fighting to be closer to the other players, he zeroed in on the Forunn that the girl had weakened with her spell, managing to kill two of them with one punch each before the others took notice of him again. Azymus made sure he was going to dodge all of their attacks in future. It bloody hurt when they hit him.

Autumn Malory
Before Logging In​

A fashion show. Not a large affair considering the not yet completely realized potential of the designer, but it was well-populated considering. At the end of the runway stood a tall, lithe girl wearing clothes of her own design, with stylishly disheveled hair. Her name was Autumn Malory, and her designs were the subject. Her sponsor gave her the materials, the workforce, and the models needed to put on this show to get her into the fashion scene. It was the first show for an already successful line.

All eyes were on her. The sooner she finished her pre-show speech, the sooner she could go home and enrapture herself in a game. She recently got a VRMMO machine and was eager to test it out with this new beta she'd gotten access to. Still, she had a responsibility given to her by her sponsor. She had to make herself successful. If she stays current, she can spend all of her spare time in the games, nobody can stop her until her funds run low and she needs to start a new line. And she would. She'd live comfortably as long as she had ideas.

Autumn composed herself and took a deep breath.

"Hello, and welcome to my first show. I'm Autumn Malory, the designer of the 'Scion' line. The Scion line is my sort of introduction to the world of fashion design. My love letter to you, all of you, to show what I'm capable of. And what have I done here, you might ask? I've traveled all across both sides of the English Channel and absorbed different trends and styles from the punks of London, to the fashionistas of Paris. I've taken these styles and made them into my own into a sort of mixture to call my own unique style. An unlikely mixture of preppy and core, with, if the success of this line so far is any indication, plenty of support from the fashion diggers and punkers. Now, in hopes to enlighten the world with this blending of two previously aversive cliques, I hope to bring to you peace through fashion. Ladies, gentlemen, non-binary individuals, I would like to thank you for coming to help me sow my peace. Thank you, and enjoy the show."

A track specifically chosen by Autumn plays as she bows out with a catwalk turn and the first model comes out.
It was obvious to Autumn that most of the people there were caught off guard by the music. Perhaps the poker-faced models were as well. She just smirked as she headed backstage. As she arrived, she couldn't help but do a light dance as a sign of apparent success and also of personal entertainment. When she finished with a wide grin on her face, she left the show to go someplace to eat. She got the urge to go to a luxury buffet.

After leaving the buffet which took awhile to find, she left for home to play the game, now full and feeling quite good with the day's goings on. She wanted to get to that VRMMO game - The Depth Online. She had downloaded it prior but would just now be making her character. As she pulled into her garage she locked the gate to her property and went inside for a quick drink - a martini ritualistically before starting a game - and stepped into the machine, fastening herself as was required.

"And in we go."

Outcast Level 1
HP: 36/36---MP: 9/9---EXP:0/10

The starting area was revealed to her as the flashy neon lights exited her sight range and disappeared at her back. She looked at her hands which were certainly not hers. But the clothes looked familiar. One of her own simpler designs. Anybody could've thought it up, but this was straight out of her own artbook. Well, the machine was linked to her bodily processes. She could feel her hand clenching, and saw her knuckles lose their color. Nice touch. She tried to jump and did better than expected. Next was acrobatics. An evasive backflip, after checking her rear for collisions, turned out very easy. Spinflips, too. After awhile she garnered her preferred landing position.

Autumn - or rather, Outcast - brought up the UI to explore her character's abilities and stats. She's an Agent, and after having read up on the class, she was upset to discover she had no shield. That meant the ability called "Riot Django" was unusable. So she was essentially just a monoclass Desperado for now. Outcast sighed and checked her gun. A revolver. It felt heavy in her hands but wasn't hard to lift at all. It even had actions and a cylinder. Looking at the details for Bullet Parade, it became obvious that was her current stance and that she had a high attack speed. So she was all about shooting fast. Her armor had low defense, but she had high VIT. Looking at the description for Riot Django, she traded DPS and Tank out when she switched stance.

How was she going to go about getting a shield? Chances are she'd have to buy one or win one from completing a quest. Outcast looked around knowing nothing about her surroundings or for the moment even herself. Some grinding wouldn't hurt. There were some oversized bunnies over the hill anyway. The UI held signs over their heads that said "Harenn" as well as their sex, level, and difficulty in stars. Just one for any of them. They grouping made her thinking they had a pack AI. Damn, this would probably be tough on her own. Partying up with someone sounds like a good idea.

Outcast head to the center of the landing point to seek out party members. Even for a starter area, this seemed pretty dangerous to go alone. That's some smart AI, but the packing one stars was probably overkill. If she had her shield... No use moping about it, she thought. She set up her status in her UI to show her as open for parties, after figuring it out. This game was certainly complex.

Calice
25 / 34 HP | 2 / 10 MP | 9/ 10 XP​

The first Tryma was down, that left the stronger of the two that had gone after Baron and the fledglings still here. Even if they were at the root just data Calice wasn't entirely comfortable with stomping on a nest of baby birds. They were too large for him to believe to be real, but damn the developers for finding his soft spot. He doubted many others would eagerly kill baby animals, but there were all kinds in the world.

Barongs words rung through Calices head. A not entirely comfortable notion, but essential. He shot a look to Blaze whom had the NPC half leaning against her. Litari was free to move around as was he, meaning they would have to fend off the Tryma if it came back too soon. Drawing up the map Calice saw that the quest marker to return the NPC to was back at the Landing Site.

"I guess we're heading back to the landing site. We best move now like Barong said."

Waiting for the other two to take the lead Calice made sure to stay at the rear and fulfill his duty as a tank for the disassembled party.

[dscroll]BATTLE REPORT

Kills: 1
Battle EXP: 1

Calice
3 Tryma Feather
1 Raw Tryma Leg
1 Razorbeak

Barong
2 Tryma Feather
2 Raw Tryma Leg

Blazentra
3 Tryma Feather
3 Raw Tryma Leg

Litari Lights
3 Tryma Feather
4 Raw Tryma Leg[/dscroll]​

The process of the first-time log-in was simple enough. Basic credentials, class desire and username, all stuff to easily breeze through. As the game started, and the VR began to really kick in, the sounds of activity and chatter all faded into recognition slowly, along with the faint scent of grass and a vague feeling of natural heat and weight. It took Xander a moment to realize that this was deliberately escalating, winding up for when he would be initialized fully...

A virtual reality so real, you've never experienced before...

Leviathan
Desperado / Engineer | Level 1
HP: 24/24 | MP: 13/13 | XP: 1/10
[/hr]​

In an instant, he was aware. It was like snapping back into focus from some sort of daydream, when one's sense re-align and tune in with the world again. Now he just suddenly existed, and so did this world to him.

The Landing Site, as claimed the title slide appearing in front of his vision momentarily, was packing with individuals. Like Xander, they were all players of this beta version of the VRMMO The Depth Online, and unlike Leviathan, they all sported vastly different appearances, gear and attitude towards their first approaches in this new world.

Leviathan himself recalled to open up his personal menu, taking mental note of what he had and what he was capable of. His stats seemed pretty standard (though the low VIT stood out as a potential weakness), and he already seemed to have some predetermined elemental resistances and vulnerabilities. Leviathan took a moment to revel in his own appearance, rather reminiscent of an Old Western gunslinger or something of the like. He went a bit further and observed the actual equipment, of which a lack of stats seemed to advertise as standard-issue stuff, despite how intricate they looked.

The gunslinger drew his weapon for a moment go get a feel for it whilst he looked at his abilities. Though the size did indicate plenty of weight, the revolver called 'Brotherguard' was not uncomfortable to hold, seeming perfectly balanced at least to his hands. Leviathan's abilities, meanwhile, were set in sparsely populated lines, leaving him 10 abilities overall between his two classes. Well, this was still a beta.

It occurred to Leviathan, as he looked over his own abilities compared to his inventory, that he had no other items to his name besides his starting equipment. All the talk about materials necessary for the Engineer class, plus a couple of skills revolving around the use of a hover-bike, were technically not available for him to use unless he could find both, at some point.

Oh well. He had a gun (and no limits to ammo, as far as he could tell), so that would hopefully be enough to earn himself some keep in this initial stage.

Leviathan boded his time in the Landing Site, going around to the various NPCs meant to introduce the story and the mechanics behind this world. He gladly took in the knowledge, being of the assertion that the point of role-playing games like this, and even VR as a whole, was for immersion; so why not immerse oneself?

Some players were already running off to fight some pack monsters over the hill, while others were keen to start fighting each other. Tossing a passing glance at a PvP duel in the works, Leviathan shrugged and kept walking. He preferred to work with others instead of against them, if he could help it. With that in mind, an establishment of a guild certainly would not be amiss in this world, but that could wait until Leviathan could afford it. For now, a basic party would suffice, if he could get one.

Wandering about, scanning around the different players and their classes, one seemed to stand out in particular for Leviathan-

Outcast
Agent / Desperado | Level 1

Open to Invites: Party[/hr]​

The Agent was supposedly a tank-like class, which Leviathan figured would contrast well enough to his personal lack of VIT, alongside the other Desperado's abilities. After a bit of fiddling with the UI, Leviathan sent a party invite to Outcast, and then waved to catch her actual attention better. Hopefully this would stand as a good balanced party in these preliminary moments of TDO.[/hr]

Litari Lights
{18/23 HP} {12/18 MP} {6/10 XP}

Litari turned back as soon as she noticed Barong coming back. Now she finally checked her inventory looking over her drops, nothing that sounded useful or impressive...she closes her screens and turns to Blaze holding the NPC. "All the way back to the landing site, seriously? Oh jeez that's going to take forever..." Litari sighed softly but didn't make much other noise she didn't particularly like those little baby Tryma and wanted to get rid of them before they became larger or big Tryma but with a 'tch' under her breath she turns away. A baby mob and a baby animal were completely different, if it was a huge issue she personally would have no problem taking out the little Tryma...but hopefully the daddy wouldn't want vengeance for his mate...The thought occurred to her and she started walking faster. "We need to leave...now. Else that big Tryma might throw a fit over his mate's death." Litari began jogging out of the woods not even bothering to glance over her shoulder.

Ruins Archer
{30/30 HP} {11/11 MP} {2/10 XP}

What was he supposed to do? He had been walking the plains for awhile and hadn't come across any other players that caught his interest. So he began to make his way back to the landing site, he noticed a lot of players and smirked a bit as he shifted around to look at most of them; some were fighting each other, others were looking for a party, Ruins was waiting...rather patiently and ran a gloved hand through his black hair, his bow called Metallic Fury rested on his back, it looked steam punk styled and didn't really suit the elvish appearance he had, but it had been his choice and he had liked it. The leather armor he wore had a hood but he kept it down for the time being, he needed to pull someone in some way, maybe his oddly colored eyes would do it. It was the one thing he had left from his real appearance, oddly two colored eyes, one blue the other brown. He was quite sure that when someone noticed that he would have a party in no time, not to mention his odd combination of mismatched skills; which was precisely why he liked his set up. Archie leans back against a pile of boxes and crosses his legs as he stares at everyone in the Landing Site still, maybe someone interesting would come along?

| Reaver | Level 1 | Techpriest |
| 21/21 HP | 17/17 MP | 2/10 XP |

Reaver held his breath as he felt himself load into the world. It was beautiful. The air left his lungs with a mechanical *HISS* and he laughed a distorted laugh in response. "I am going to have so much fun with this voice." he said to the air, in a deep mechanical drawl. Looking around the area, he saw the crowds of players appearing and moving to surround the NPCs. He chuckled at their sheep-like mentality, startling some of the nearby players. Picking a direction, he began walking, flicking through his menus and checking his skills and stats as he did so. Finding nothing of interest, he paused to survey the area.

"Hmm, there's bound to be some quest givers around here somewhere."

After shouldering his way through the crowds, making slow progress as he went, Reaver managed to reach the outer edge of the crowds. The lack of anything obviously exciting happening had driven the other players away from this area. Walking among the stacks of supplies and large crates for a while, he heard the sound of muffled cursing coming from behind one of the stacks of boxes. The cursing grew louder and less muffled as he rounded the stack, seeing a rather flustered looking gentleman searching through various open boxes. Deciding that it was worth a shot, Reaver walked up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder. "Hello, you look like you need some assistance, could I be of help?"

The man turns around quickly, a startled look on his face making him appear more unkempt than he already was. "Oh, you surprised me. I was just looking for some of my valuables, but I can't seem to find them. They are missing from my supplies." He pauses to scratch his head in thought, ruffling it even more, before suddenly his eyes open in realisation. "It must have been those damn rabbits!" he exclaimed. "I saw them lurking in the grass around here not long ago, they must have taken my shiny things! Find them and kill them for me, please."

A small window popped up on Reavers' UI.

| Quest: Find Samuels Shiny Things |

| -Accept?- |

Quickly pressing the accept button, another window appears.

| Quest Accepted |

| Kill Twenty Harenn |

| Return Samuels Shiny Things |

| Samuel Crow has been added to your contacts |

"Alright, looks like I'm going to kill some rabbits. This shouldn't be too difficult."

Making sure to give the base camp a wide berth, he cleared the landing site and found himself out on the grassy plain where he started paying more attention to his surroundings. "So, if I was a group of big rabbits, called 'Harenn', and I was somewhere out here in the grasslands, where would I be hiding?"

He scanned the area for any obvious signs of giant rabbits having been there.

"Well, they are the first enemy so they should… wait. What's that over there? "

Harenn♀ - Level 1 - ★☆☆☆☆
Harenn♂ - Level 1 - ★☆☆☆☆
Harenn♀ - Level 2 - ★☆☆☆☆
Harenn♂ - Level 1 - ★☆☆☆☆
Harenn♀ - Level 2 - ★☆☆☆☆

"Speak of the Devil… there's a bunch of them over there. Damn, those are some big rabbits. I'm gonna kill me some things!"

Running towards the group, Reaver lifted his rifle and took aim at the closest Harenn. Making sure it was in range, he yelled "Trick Shot!", spun on the spot and swung his rifle in an arc, firing at the apex of the swing. The glowing projectile soared in an arc towards the first Harenn, struck it, then bounced off and hit the next Harenn. And the next, and the next. Until there were ten floating red fours above the group. Pleased with his handiwork and not at all concerned about the group of angry Harenn, he turned on the spot, dropped his Auto Turret and ran off at an angle to the Harenn to kite them around.

"Yeah! Fuck You! I'm a Techpriest!"

"Are you fucking kidding me right now?"

Click.

Hello there, How are you?
What?
hottt......
I will call in to work if you need me.
Are you sure?
Love you too Mom... I..I'm sorry.

Click.

The phone dropped to the floor and Jack scooted up to his desk. A cold dept-less abyss still remained from the morbid news, and detail he'd just received but he did his best to push all of that aside. He entered his emotionless state of mind, an invincible mental form that had become known as the 'dead state.'

"Dammit... every fucking time...."

It was more a thought than anything but the random calls of misfortune had become something Jack was incredibly used to. There was always something going on, even now with being moved out and away from it all, He was always drug back in.

BLNNG!

An alarm returned Jack's attention and he opened the message, already fully aware of who it was.

You ready Nub?
You know I have to work right?
...... Nub..... fuckingbitches! When?
Two hours...
At least get on for a few and try this new one out with me. We both got Keys so we need to make at least a small debut together. I actually don't have class today. D=
Fine, fine Ill meet you inside I am probably gonna take forever in character customization you know...
Get to it nub I am getting food better be done when I get back <3
Pushy...

He couldn't help but laugh when they bickered like this. It was a salvation from everything else after all. With that the wires were plugged in, a visor slid over his eyes and Jack watched for a moment before vision and senses faded. A flash of light a prominent entry song.

The title for the game hung overhead and Jack couldn't hold back a smile at that point. The design, graphics, all of it was top notch. Selections were available for a race, a hair color, tattoos, great proportioning options. The character customization was like designing a real person, like playing god. Creating your own Adam for this unique virtual fantasy world. Excited didn't even begin to explain it. Then.. the final touch Jack typed in his iconic name.. Anyone that had come from other games to this one, would know it... This was just another battlefield for them to conquer... The name shined bright across the screen as it faded out in brilliant golden letters.

Wolfsin Silvermoon
HP: 29/MP: 10
Level 1 Warlord

Another screen showed brightly and then as the flash faded out The almost surreal sensation of air and the sound of mmo crowds flooded Wolfsin's ears. The Big man glanced around for a second, almost taken aback buy the true majesty of the world itself. Wolfsin was built like a shit brick house, as he preferred especially when he entered a game with his OC. Long silver hair, golden wolf like eyes. Black and midnight blue tattoos ringed upon his arms and back, and even the iconic scar across his eye and cheek in the shape of a cross. On his back was a massive great sword practically designed from an out of game image that he'd adapted coding to. The adaptability with outside programs and this game's cosmetics was fucking incredible.

Wolfsin stepped forward and with one swift movement he drew the mighty sword from off his back and swung it down with a loud grunt. The weight was almost intimidating, but this game had promised a level of realism not yet experienced so he wasn't too surprised by it. it would of course take some time to get used to movements and what exactly he could do, but with his strength score where it was... the sword was still easy enough to swing, and quickly too. A few more strokes and he put the weapon back glancing about to see what was offered. Finding something to kill was always fun, but the first thing above all else to get a head start was to collect the quests in an mmo so that by chance, when doing the grind it could provide extra award upon quest completions.

"A'right then. Now I just have to.." Wolfsin peered at his menu for a moment, checking item stats, and the use of the mp pool ins kills. Jumping into a situation right now with little knowledge only seemed like a bad idea. Time was also ticking so he hoped Angel would make her appearance very soon if they were going to have time to do anything. "Now lets see about these skills... Warlord Class as a mixture of Berzerker and Knight? I am pleased by this... Lets see what Angel decides.. I bet on mage/support type... it seems most strategically sound after all."

Then..Wolfsin gathered up quests as he waited for Angel to get her happy ass online.

(1XP)​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Azzy and Key Tuzi

Outcast Level 1
HP: 36/36---MP: 9/9---EXP:1/10

A pop-up appeared on Outcast's UI indicating she'd been invited to a party. Leviathan, another Desperado, multi-classed with an Engineer. Mulling it over for a few seconds, Outcast eventually pressed the 'Accept' button with her finger and another UI element popped up in the corner. Her party member was also highlighted in the crows as she looked around - convenient. Locking onto him, Outcast made her way through the crowd of players to her new accomplice and gave him a friendly wave with a smile which likely seemed either refreshing or intimidating from her current personage.
"Hello, there, mate. I'm Outcast. Leviathan, I presume?" And he himself was a rather fear-striking personage as well. Tall, hidden face, flowing garb. Sort of a cyberpunk cowboy. Very slick, after you get past the fear factor - which was rather easy for Outcast. Nothing was to be feared in this world, really, since death was, theoretically, not permanent. There'd be outrage if the body died with the character.

"Nyaaaaaaaahn~! So excited!" The cotton-candy haired girl burst out of her chair full spastic, as the word "pushy..." flared across her computer screen. She'd been waiting for his punk ass to wake up for hours now in anticipation for TDO's Beta opening, having evaded sleep (as usual) and killed boredom by sketching out a quick animation concept with her graphics tablet. It was Tuesday, and that meant no class - a fact she'd usually take advantage of by gaming until 8am and passing out until some obscure nightly hour. She slept during the day while a certain nub worked, and woke up in time for him to get home so they could work on their book or play their latest game addiction.

But today was different. It was 2:03 pm on her day off, and Angel was functioning off the sleep-deprived high of gaming, antsy to jump into the newest release she'd been lucky enough to swipe beta keys for.

TDO. The beta technically opened up at 12:30 her time, though she wasn't about to launch herself in game without a certain sleeping punk . . . he knew to message her whenever he woke up, but after nearly an hour and a half of waiting and internal raging, her patience wore out. Angel spammed him with messages on skype, though when she realized his "Do Not Disturb" status would make those messages null and void, the girl switched her assault over to his Facebook. And sure enough, a minute later, she got a response back. When he finally gave in and agreed to play before work, the girl sped like lightening to her cupboard for a round of victory pocky. Half the box was gone by the time she returned to her bed, another half stick dangling precariously from her lips. Angel munched down the last biscuit quickly before pulling her head gear on and sinking into the sea of pillows that covered her little bed.

Jack said he'd take forever in the character customization screen, and Angel doubted she'd be much faster than him. When it came to mmos, especially virtual reality ones, the pair were intensely astute with the details of avatar design; with a system this mindblowingly lifelike it was difficult not to just scroll endlessly through all of the options. But they only had about an hour to play and she wasn't one for wasting opportune time. Angel ran through the options and altered key settings, enough to knock out all of Charm's notable features, and custom-created one of her pre-adapted outfits with a little coding work. After nearly a half hour, she finally threw herself into the launch - not particularly fond of the game's entry music but excited all the same. Her iconic name shone in bright golden light across the sky and burst like fireworks.

Charm Lunaria
LvL (1) Shadow Priest
23/23 HP | 15/15 MP | 1/10 EXP

Light flared in front of her eyes, and then the sky opened up, and she found herself standing on a grassy hill. Angel was temporarily overwhelmed by the sensory shock, having never anticipated how lifelike the wind would feel, or the natural sounds would seem. The air even smelled sweet like flowers and moisture, probably due to what seemed like just mildly uncomfortable heat . . . because yeah, she could feel the freaking sun, as if she were standing in a real field on a late summer day. The developers of this game were good.

Angel stretched her arms lazily at first, testing the movement of her avatar, seeing how her muscles moved. It seemed more or less like standing inside of a thin suit, controlling it from the inside and feeling the pressure of contact and sensory stimulation, yet still slightly mechanical. She wondered if their avatars bled when injured, a curiosity she would have to test later but currently abandoned for a more pressing question - where was Jack? It didn't take much looking around before her soft golden eyes found the mammoth of a man on the other side of the hill. "Wolfsin," she recognized the character even from behind, and a cheeky grin spread across her lips. She'd been hoping he'd go with a Wolfsin-like build - that'd been part of the reason she chose to recreate Charm. Bouncing on the balls of her heels, Angel quickly bent at the knees to test the rest of her movement ability and promptly took off in a sprint toward the hulk of a man. She was pretty fast in this world, though not as fast as she might have liked to be.

"Woooolfyyy!" The white-haired girl called as she neared his location. He started to turn toward her but was blindsided when she jumped upon him suddenly, wrapping her arms around his shoulders. He was bigger than she'd expected earlier, and with her tiny, Charm-like frame, she found herself dropping back to the ground quickly with a small huff. "Wow, I know Wolfsin is huge and all, but this might be a little unneccesaryyy~"

Wolfsin grinned, and she could see her best friend behind that smile, a playful glint in his eye.

"God, what took you so long? Its been ages," he drawled the last part in his particularly derpy voice, and she nearly choked on her laughter.

"Shut up, punk, I gave up ramen and settled with pocky for you," though she hadn't even the smallest trace of hunger with this body, so Angel didn't really mind. "The graphics and sensory detail are amazing, so much more than I expected. I can't wait to start exploring!"

"Well we don't have too long, I have to be to work in an hour." Such a killjoy. Angel poked her tongue out at him teasingly.

"Hai, hai, whatever you say nub. We can just kill some low-level monsters to test out the combat system for now, though don't expect to sleep when you get home tonight. Your ass is staying up with me until morning~" She nudged his arm with a cheeky little smile, raising her eyebrows in a suggestive manner. Aw yeah, he knew what was coming, and he'd like it whether he wanted to or not. "First thing's first, though!" Pursing her lips, Angel waved her hand up in between them. A menu screen popped up, displaying several options that she'd eventually check out, but first -

"Character," she ordered, and a new screen lit up with all of her character stats and abilities. "23 health, 15 magic power, two skills, -15 fire resistance and -10 darkness resistance. Hm..." Typical noob stats for her class choice, Angel mused, though she would be looking to raise her MP score as soon as possible. Angel switched to view her gear next, slightly miffed to find no stats on her armor but shrugging it off anyway. Her inventory was empty, credits set to 0 - all things she would expect. Content with her assessment, Angel switched over to the buddy screen and added Wolfsin as a contact, then switched to the party screen and threw him an invite.

"Alright, time to kill things! Follow the leader, Wolfy~" Giggling playfully, the girl started off down the hill with a skip in her step. She enjoyed the soothing breeze as it played with her hair, thankful for a little bit of relief from the hot sun. While they walked, she called up her mini map screen to help guide them in the right direction - monsters weren't marked on it, but she figured once they were close enough some little red dots might pop up on her screen to notify her of danger.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Wolfsin and Azzy

Leviathan
Desperado / Engineer | Level 1
HP: 24/24 | MP: 13/13 | XP: 2/10
[/hr]​

It wasn't too long after he had sent the party request when Outcast accepted it. With that done, the gunslinger was quick to notice how his new party member was clearly highlighted, and her statistic details displayed more clearly for him. Leviathan couldn't help but give a curt smile; this game was hitting it right on the hammer with all the aesthetics and mechanics so far.

Outcast's approach allowed Leviathan to get a better look. The studded leather jacket, deliberate eyeshadow and dyed hear gave the appearance of a sort of punk, biker character. If this was the concept she was going for, then she pulled it off pretty well, all things considered. Chalk another point for the game's systems.

"Yes, indeed," Leviathan replied in a cool, yet vaguely graveled voice. Jeez, they pulled out all the stops to put you as far in character as they could get away with.

He cleared his throat experimentally for a moment, trying to get a better feel for his new voice. "Hrm, well then. I have to say, the aesthetics are nearly as good as real life. Guess that's why they call it The Depth Online - because of the depth of this game's features." Leviathan got a mild chuckle out of that.

"So, then..." The gunslinger mused for a moment around the Landing Site and then out into the grassy hills. They could try and find one of the doubtless NPC quests, or they could hit fields and put the combat to test. Leviathan himself was figuring the latter might be in better order; if they had a better grasp on fighting now (and even a level or two gained), then they would fare better in any combat encounters in future quests this party took on. Maybe they could even find someone else to join the party.

"I'm thinking we can take to the fields over there," Leviathan gestured out to the rolling green hills just outside the camp, "And fight a critter or two. Give ourselves a good feel for the party's skills, and earn ourselves some XP while we're at it." He waited on Outcast's response, though the fellow Desperado in him doubted she would outright refuse.[/hr]

Blazentra
Lvl 2
26/30 HP | 8/16 MP | 6/10 XP

Barong's message went through the party chat shortly after Litari started taking damage, of which there was nothing Blaze could currently do about. She had the NPC with her, and started lugging it off towards the landing site, hoping she could get the damned thing over before the other Tryma came back. Idly, she wondered if it might try to track them down. This game would be significantly harder if the AI had tracking capabilities. She hurried up in her step, half dragging the NPC, hoping that it wouldn't be a problem later. It seemed that Calice was trying to take the up the rear in defense, while Litari rushed on ahead.

"I've got the NPC. Heading back to the starting area," Blazentra said over the party chat, struggling to lug the limp NPC through the forest. It still hadn't come to.

As they neared the quest start point, the NPC seemed to stir, groaning and blinking his eyes open in disorientation. The other NPCs seemed to rejoice at the site of their friend, whom Blaze set down against another tree in the clearing before glancing around the trees. There didn't seem to be a sign of the other tryma, but she knew better than to let down her guard. She took the peaceful moment, though, to check through her drops pop-up before sending another message through the party chat.

"Any sign of that Tryma? I'm not convinced it won't try to track us down. And how are you doing Barong?"

She'd been sitting there staring at her computer screen for hours, blue eyes scanning over words, and through pictures on various different sites. It was something she did often, at least when she wasnt lost in the VRMMO worlds she was apart of. A simple sigh slipped from her lips as she lifted a hand, and sifted slim fingers through a mess of auburn hair. she sat back against her computer chair, and puffed out a bored breath, the same hand she sifted through her hair now reaching into a Nacho Cheese Doritos bag. Her signature snack for a signature night in her cluttered dorm room. Nothing particularly interesting was happening on Facebook, no messages popped up on her Skype, and there was little to no activity happening on any blog she followed, or forum she read through. So far a typical, boring night. Moving her bag of chips to the side, and crossing her legs up into her chair, she leaned forward, close to her computer screen, placed one hand on her mouse, and the other on her keyboard, fingers resting on the typical gaming keys she'd become used to; W/A/S/D, pinky on the Shift key, thumb on the space. Clicking through the multiple icons on the task bar to the bottom of the screen, she clicked on the TDO download she'd been waiting on for ages. And alas, it was finally done downloading, and patching through.

Excellent.

A small smile worked it's way over her lips, and she swiveled her chair around, and dashed over to her bed. Fingers clamped around the head gear sitting on her bedside table, and she slipped it over her head, the visor falling over eyes which were already closed. She fell back against the mattress, head nestled in her pillow. She'd soon after started up the program, and was greeted by a flash followed by the title screen and pleasing opening music. Finally, the game she'd been waiting to try. She was lucky to get a Beta key for it, and so there was no time to waste in getting into the Virtual world, and living life the way she was meant to. The title screen faded into character customization where she was greeted by a preset, surprisingly life like avatar. It was breath taking the amount of detail they put into it, and she was impressed with the developers. If everything else was just as breath taking, she'd be entirely satisfied with the game, and its game play. She sifted through the races to choose from, almost choosing an elf, but realistically, human would be he most versatile. And so that's what she chose. Once she had spent at least an hour, and a half customizing her character's looks, and choosing classes...which she was gifted the privilege of multi-classing, she was thrown into the world of TDO.

Fayte Nocturna

Hunter / Level 1

HP: 23/23 / MP: 15/15 / 1/10 EXP

The screen faded out, and immediately threw her into the fantasy world of TDO. She was greeting by the breeze of fresh air, the smells of a foreign land, the heat. Such uncomfortable heat. It was amazing how much she could actually feel, smell, hear, see, and even taste with her sense. To her, the "Fresh" air she felt before tasted stale. It was amazing to say the least. She stood in the middle of a group of other Beta testers, all of them immersed in their own conversations with friends they had come into the game with, or had made immediately upon entering the game. She, however, had made it a point to stay solo...as she had with any other game she had taken part in. Golden eyes gazed around the area, falling upon the glowing letter that popped up in front of her indicating that this site was called "The Landing Site" A typical starting area for MMOs. As per habit, she lifted a hand, and brushed behind her ear as strand of silvery hair as she waved her hand in front of her to open up her UI. The menu was surprisingly easy to navigate. She eyed the multiple thing she could look through; Inventory, Character, Guild, Party, etc. "Character..." she spoke out in a soft tone, eyes watching as her UI switched screens to display her character information. All of her stats, and character info flashed before her eyes, typical for a beginner toon. "Hp: 23...MP: 15...." She sighed, and nodded her head once. Pretty normal beginner states. She'd have to begin the game, and start farming, and leveling. She really hated feeling like such a noob.

"Equipment..." She spoke once more, and the UI changed once more displaying the equipment she had to start out with. A standard Longbow sat in wait along with a set of beginner gear. She started by equipping her weapon, and armor, now standing there with an oddly beautiful bow, and armor colored in black, and grey. There was no one she had to wait for, and so she immediately made her way out of the beginner area. Farming needed to be done, items to be gathered, credit to be made. There was no time to waste.​

• Love
Reactions: Wolfsin

Linnea
Level 1 Weaver/Sage
15/17 HP - 9/18 MP - 5/10 EXP

In front of her, not quite where it would obscure vision but too obviously placed to be overlooked, a message appeared. Linnea responded nearly before she finished reading the sentence, already having called out "I'd be glad to!"

[Azymus has sent you a party request. Accept / Decline]

The alert flickered away to be replaced by a party status window. A quick look was enough to see the basic info: player names, classes, and current status. She would have liked to explore the additions further...but now was not the time. The remaining Forunn had split into two groups, the smaller one headed in her direction while the main cluster went for the previously injured Azymus and the nearby assassin. If she had been any other class combination, Linnea might have been a bit amused that the game's AI had decided she was less of a threat; as it was, she would've liked to see a bit less attention thrown her way.

One of the stronger creatures in the group - the level 2 her attack had damaged the least - reached her a few steps before the others. The speed of his club swing caught her by surprise but Linnea threw her body backwards, feeling the wind it stirred up as it passed. Her eyes widened a second later when an impact slammed into her side. She had been so focused on her three earlier targets that she hadn't spotted the nearby level 1 until it was too late; with her side completely open, its headbutt landed with enough force to nearly knock her to the ground. The girl cried out, her eyes wide and startled. That...that hurt! Getting hit hurts for real here! How--? The goat men continued to approach, though, and she suddenly remembered the sound of someone screaming only moments before she joined this fight...

Focus! I can't let them gang up on me! Linnea recovered her balance, wincing but determined. The foursome of Forenn were practically on top of her now, so instead of immediately attacking, she turned and ran. Breathing room would be needed if she was going to cast any more spells without getting beaten up for her trouble. She skidded to a stop when there was space between them but not so much that the other players were far away. Let's try this one first... Sparkles gathered around her fingertips. One flick of the wrist, and a thin ribbon of blueish light flashed out from her position to wrap tight around the largest of the Forunn. With each pulse, the bond seemed to draw out a sphere of energy from the goat-creature, until Linnea moved her arm in a sharp gesture, as if snatching it from him. The gathered ball of light flew upward in a glittering arc before it landed atop the head of Azymus and vanished. A blue glow appeared over the other player for a second before disappearing.

"It really is an MP drain spell! Awesome!" A second later, her face flushed; she hadn't really meant to say that out loud. More importantly, all the creatures attacking her were still on their feet, as that last spell hadn't done any physical damage while stealing that mana. There weren't any potions in my inventory when I looked, were there? I'd better be careful how much MP I use, even with the drain skill. If I run out...

Level 1 Forunn uses Headbutt on Linnea. Linnea loses 2 HP.
Linnea uses Waning Current on Level 3 Forunn for 5 MP.
Level 3 Forunn loses 9 MP. Azymus recovers 9 MP.

Forunn♂ - Level 2 - ★☆☆☆☆
Forunn♂ - Level 1 - ★☆☆☆☆
Forunn♂ - Level 3 - ★☆☆☆☆

Forunn♂ - Level 1 - ★☆☆☆☆ HP: 9/9 MP: 6/6
Forunn♂ - Level 3 - ★☆☆☆☆ HP: 17/17 MP: 0/9
Forunn♂ - Level 2 - ★☆☆☆☆ HP: 7/13 MP: 7/7
Forunn♂ - Level 2 - ★☆☆☆☆ HP: 8/13 MP: 7/7

Forunn♂ - Level 1 - ★☆☆☆☆