The Depth Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Thunder: Level 1, Techno Master. Stats: HP - 24/24, MP - 14/14, 3/10 EXP]

Objectives:
1. Build a Lab. 2. Find a Partner. 3. Acquire Better Gear.
Searching around was fine and all, but Thunder already knew the pressure was on. Sooner or later, people would start finding quests, and leave him in the dust. Getting a head start was the game, people were out fighting monsters, so he decided to try talking and finding something. A quest, one that would lead him to the first objective. That was his most important one right now, since it would serve nicely as cover from random monsters appearing to squash him. For now, he would have to make do with what he had. After some searching, he found a communications mast. "Excuse me." Thunder said out loud. "I was wondering if anyone needed any help?"

An NPC, who had been busy prattling a horn, seemed started when he saw Thunder appear. "Why yes, yes, your timing is perfect." The man said, readjusting the glasses that had slid down to the tip of his nose when he'd jumped up. "You see adventurer, one of the ships of the fleet you arrived with went missing and I cannot seem to contact them. If it isn't too much trouble, could you take a look around? The radar says it is east of here, but I can't go myself because of all the monsters..."

"What sort of monsters are we talking about?" Thunder asked the man. He thought about the ship, it was an interesting turn to hear, perhaps it was a clue to bringing him his goals. The man shuddered and hesitated to answer, before he spoke, he looked around nervously as if looking for something to comfort him.

"Dog-sized jackrabbits, and birds big and powerful as ostriches. There are even tiny gnomes with horns... Oh the terror of it all!" He shrieked at the end. "It's hellspawn I tell you, all of them!" Thunder took this as a challenge, no doubt since these were just starting creatures. But if he played his cards right, perhaps he could take them on. A confident smile spread across his face as he put a hand on the man's shoulder to comfort him. His human hand, that is.

"Good sir." Thunder said. "I will go out and undertake this quest, I will find the missing ship. But um, two questions before that. One, is there anyway to contact one of you when I get there, and two, is there anything I should know of that should be inside the ship?" The NPC calmed down a little at the sight of Thunder's calm reaction.

"Yes, yes, of course. My name is Doctor Marius Vinkelburg, you can call me up anytime." As he finished, a pop-up appeared in front of Thunder, telling him the NPC was now added to his contact list. He would now be able to reach the NPC from anywhere by opening a chat channel. “And… Well I must certainly hope there are survivors. Other than that it should just be tents and basic supplies, the same as we have over here. It’s possible the ship had a rough landing, so please look around. We don’t know why we lost communication, so I estimate it’s power is down. Some other systems might be defect too.”

"A doctor? Interesting." Thunder rubbed his chin with his metallic hand, feeling how cold it was at first, but feeling it get cooler over time, as if his body was already used to it's touch. While he liked how it felt, it felt too real to him, another piece that seemed to, oddly enough, draw suspicion to the thing he found out earlier. He decides to shrug it off for now, but he would keep thinking about it in his head, and yet for some reason, he didn't like what the answers might be to this. “But I want to make a deal with you, Marius. I need information on these creatures, so if there is anyone you know who could scan these creatures, I’ll be sure to bring some samples back. I’ll do my best, of course, since it won’t be an easy task. Information is the key to knowledge, and with that knowledge, we’ll learn more about these creature’s weak points and be able to hunt them for food more easily.”

“Scan these creatures? I don’t know anything about that. I’m but a simple rocket scientist.” Marius answered, mirroring Thunder in scratching his chin. “I’m not involved with any of the biology. Perhaps you should find a fellow adventurer who specializes in the scout class?” Thunder was surprised, did he just get a clue about the Scout class? He thought of how clever these designers were, he would keep an eye out on these classes now, it seems not all of them were useless after all. “Very well, I will keep my eye out. Thanks for the help, now it’s time to do my part. Now if that is all, I shall be off to the east. Contact me if you need me, and I’ll do the same with you.” So Thunder left the starting area, his mind going back to how real this all felt to him and why it felt a little too real.

It was sometime later that Thunder had lost sight of the starting area, and felt a little vulnerable. His instincts turned out to be true, when he heard something approaching. He knew from the sounds it wasn't a normal player, and quickly summoned out his Techno Gun. Six Forunn walked into view, all of them looking directly at him.

Forunn: Lvl 1. Threat lvl: ★☆☆☆☆
Forunn: Lvl 2. Threat lvl: ★☆☆☆☆
'Oh drat." Thunder fires off a shot from his Techno Gun at their feet before making a run for it around them. The six Forunn didn't like that, all of them charging after Thunder. "Not good, not good, not good!" He fires off another shot, trying to scare them off, but they only got more angry and continued to give chase. "Oh no, oh no!" Taking aim at one of the level one's, he opens fire and this time actually hits it, a red six coming up above it after it gets hit. "Oh yeah, I got one!" The Forunn didn't like that and uses a Headbutt to ram into him, a red three coming up above him as he is sent flying forward into a tree.

Thunder's Health: 21/24 HP
Forunn Lvl 1's Health: 3/9 HP
"Okay, not cool!" Thunder shouted out, watching the Forunn charging in at him out of anger with another Headbutt. Thunder, however, aims his Techno Gun and fires off another shot into the Forunn's head, another red six coming above it as it suddenly slumps over before it could reach him. Thunder gasps for breath as he rises up to his feet, putting a hand on his chest after getting hit like that. He was actually feeling the pain, it felt too real to him, just what was up with this game? But before he could think on it any longer, the Forunn level two and it's four remaining pack buddies come into sight, looking more angry by the minute. "Oh dear."

Last edited by a moderator:

Calice
30 / 34 HP | 6 / 10 MP | 6 / 10 XP

Pleased that the rabbits, the difference was noted as they hurt you instead of eating carrots, were defeated Calice sheathed his sword. He ran a hand across his abdomen where one of the little fiends has clawed at him and found no blood or any damage to his armour. It certainly felt the part though and he was wondering if choosing to be a tank was such a good idea. Hell if it hurt any worse than this when he died he might have to find a way to tweak it so it didn't. Though after a minutes thought the affect was what was desired as he had no intention of needlessly being hurt and probably wouldn't try jumping out of trees or off a cliff anytime soon.

Turning to the others he shared his experience. “The bastards actually hurt you a bit when they hit you. I mean I'm not gonna cry about it, but I thought this was a game y'know?” The others, this time, had lucked out and only been on the attacking end. Nonetheless the encounter was over and Calice was glad to tack on the extra XP, even if it only was 1.

At the mention of looking for a stronger grind Calice couldn't help but sigh. If this was going to be a grind game already what would late game be like. There must have been a quest somewhere that would at least speed things along. Hopefully it'd get them some better items too, maybe even a shield to stick between Calice and angry jackrabbits.

“Guys, I know being on the attacking end is fun, but I'm not up to soaking up hurt for a grind. It's a MMO. I thought I heard something about gather the dead bits from some mobs. Treem's or something of the sort. Either way must be better than just killing random things the whole day.”

Pulse & Savage
30/30 HP 7/12 MP 2/10 XP & 32/32 HP 8/8 MP 2/10 XP

Kana, leaning back in her giant chair, was somewhat relieved to finally put on her VR. It was good leaving her room with the heavy bass below, but she’d feel more comfortable when she saw Jesse in-game. Even though she offered, part of having a strange guy in her room while she was diving made her rather nervous. Scratch that, all of it did. All the parts.

For her normal doing, Kana created a character insanely fast. She couldn’t bypass or read into the system yet, and the patcher had finished downloading just minutes before Jesse had arrived, so Kana threw the character, Pulse, together on instinct. Cyborg fit her image of herself well, and engineer seemed to be interesting and versatile. Sliding the tab to make Pulse just a little taller than she was, Kana finished the characters and shortly after; Pulse was loaded into the game.

The first thing Pulse did was look for anyone loading in close to her. Multiple people did, and with each person she saw appear in front of her, she opened a whisper channel and plainly asked; “Jesse?”

The awkwardness of the situation at the homefront, so to speak, dissolved when the game started up. Accustomed to picking heavy hitting classes and with a broad list of RPG and fantasy games under his belt Jesse knew exactly what he was going to build. A monster. He played with the sliders, making himself taller than he assumed most people would be, then added on some bulkiness to make his image fit. Long hair to make sure he felt right in the body, and to top it off a beserker and templar class. Mages and warriors alike beware, this wasn't the man you wanted to meet in the woods.

Entering the world seconds after his temporary roommate Jesse, now Sav, as he fell into character looked for Kana, or whoever she'd become. He could only have assumed what her character would have been like judging from her personality and the appearance of her home and like when he first knocked thrice on her door he wasn't sure what to expect anymore.

”Jesse?”

“Who?”

Sav had seen everyone turning around to look at or for someone. Though he thought it may have been adjusting to the game he put the pieces together when Pulse messaged him. He found her name soon enough and was a bit taken aback by her character. A bit taller but altogether about the same. Walking over to her he opened his arms in a wide welcoming gesture.

“Nah it's me.” He mused to her with a toothy grin. He no doubt felt it didn't fit the hulking berserker he'd made, and realized now that he likely reminded her of Joey. Which he felt stupid for but who would have made a scrawny beserker, it just didn't make sense.

“Call me Sav or Savvy in game if you don't mind though.”

Pulse stepped back when Sav opened his arms, promptly avoiding what could be an incoming bearhug. “I’d rather you not touch me.” She stated bluntly, before finally looking around her and taking the sights in. She could sigh of relief, but didn’t. “I’m going to check all the options we have. It’ll only take a minute.” Pulse said, and opened her UI to scroll through it. “Inventory… Social…” Pulse mumbled everything as she read it.

“That’s strange.” Pulse suddenly spoke up. “Sav, open your menu. Can you find a log out button?”

Pulse not wanting him to touch her was weird, but she wasn’t exactly a normal girl either so he didn’t find himself perturbed by the matter. A least she was more open here, or seemed it.

“What?”

Who didn’t make a game with a log out option. Sure enough as he opened the menu and even prompted it nothing happened. Frustrated he tried saying, then screaming the command and finally as if it would change adding curse words to it. Others looked on wondering what the deranged man was screaming about, and then slowly one by one began to understand just what had angered him so much. There was a commotion now and Sav had started it without thinking. Annoyed now by the screams of others he looked to Pulse with his head hung low.

“Sorry.”

Gruffing out the word as though it was a tasteless piece of bark Sav knew what he’d caused.

“Well, I guess we’re stuck together, in this place and at yours.”

“That was rather primal, Savage.” Pulse remarked, although she too was quite taken aback. Sav and the other monkeys (that’s how they all sounded together to Pulse, anyway) loudly confirmed her suspicion. She ran through the menu’s a few times more, but really couldn’t find it.

“It seems that way.” She came to the conclusion rather nonchalantly, as if she didn’t particularly mind. “Well, what do you wanna do? It’ll be a while before this fixes itself.” Pulse added, already starting to walk and opening the UI in front of her to invite Savage to her party.

Half wanting to argue that screaming at things and then swearing at them always made the parts fit in a car Sav abandoned the thought. As the UI lit up in front of him he outstretched an arm and selected the 'Accept' option. Immediately thereafter a separate UI shot up dictating Pulse's HP, MP, and class structure. Looking over her class Sav wasn't too sure exactly what it was geared for. Before he could ask her what role she typically played the girl had started off. Bounding with two steps his character caught up to her easily.

As he hurried he felt the hunk of metal on his back slap against him. The greataxe, large and bulky as it was was his choice weapon. He wasn’t sure how well the combat worked in the game and when it came to dual wielding he’d never much been a fan of having to always choose between which of the three weapons to lose when that lucky new one was almost better than the other two. At least in this case he was well versed with hammers, which were kind of like axes, and it was only one space in his inventory.

“Now I don't know about you Pulse, but I like to get to the good parts fast. We should start hammering out the quests ASAP.”

“At the very least test their XP.” Pulse agreed, continuing down her path that lead away from the monkey circus. Pulse was actually kind of relieved seeing the outcry, it meant she wasn’t the only one disturbed by this glaring error. She wondered what kind of intention that could be behind it… Or it could be a very elaborate joke, a thought that half-made Pulse to revel in the chaos and spread false rumours.

Away from the crowd meant towards the spaceships, or at least within the camp. Pulse spotted a lone NPC near a communication mast, attempting to talk into it. “Let’s try that one.” She suggested, walking up to the NPC. “Hey.” Pulse sounded sort of detached, as the NPC itself didn’t notice her and she did not quite know what to do.

“Oh, are you adventurers?” The man turned around to face Sav and Pulse. “Do you have a moment to spare?”

Hesitating, as though expecting him to continue Sav spoke up. “Yes.”

“Oh good! You see adventurers, one of the ships of the fleet you arrived with went missing and I-” Sav cut in.

“Listen, what do we do, where do we do it, and what do we get?”

Noticeably bothered the older man huffed his shoulders up but continued as the developers must have understood not everyone was interested in the lore and little bits of hard work they’d contributed. Excluding a logout function of course.”A ship went missing, somewhere to the East, find it.”

“Ah there we go, my kind of man.” Sav placed his hands on his hips posing as if he’d just beaten a boss. Turning to Pulse he wondered if she’d thought it rude of him to interrupt, but he hadn’t the patience to listen to intro NPCs babble on about the little things that would just end up being repeated later on as the game progressed. “So, are you ready to kill what’s obviously going to be guarding the missing ship Pulse?”

Pulse giggled, but quickly smothered her amusement. Though crude, she liked how to the point Sav was and how promptly the NPC responded to him. She saw the man’s name pop up on her contact list, as a sign she could probably complete the quest from a distance. That was good, Pulse though, maybe they wouldn’t have to run back.

“Born ready.” She replied to Sav. “Let’s go.”

There weren’t as many players heading east as she expected. Perhaps the west had better XP? The players wouldn’t have caught onto that yet, Pulse thought to herself, but stayed on the look-out to see others. For a while their surroundings remained quiet, until in front of them, Pulse saw a player with the username Thunder, swarmed by… Six little goatmen?

She sent a party invite to the character in front of them and tested out her first skill; Godhand. Massive gauntlets formed around her hands and Pulse could even feel their weight and power. Pulse looked at Sav and asked, “Want to get your hands dirty?” Although she’d already decided her next course of action when Thunder accepted her invitation. Within a few teps she was in melee range. Pulling back her arm, she punched straight forward; killing one of the Forunn with a single haymaker of a hit!. It’s body flew through the air like a rag doll.

“Want to get your hands dirty?”

Did she really have to ask? Seeing the enemy in front of him was like a switch to Sav. Faster than he'd ever done so before he charged. If his dad could see how fast he was now he'd of given the boy a bigger engine in a smaller car and let him win the mortgage. His axe was in hand and he wasn't waiting for anyone else at this rate. The little goat men ahead were obviously a low level mob, but it didn't seem to occur to Thunder that they should have been easy to defeat. Maybe they weren't Sav considered.

Catching up to the little men he swung the huge axe overhand onto the back of one of the level 2 beasts. What resistance Sav felt immediately crumbled as the numbers were crunched by the game and it realized that with 16 points in strength he was a monster already. Needless to say the goat was dead in a hit and had crumpled into the ground. Roaring with glee Sav stepped forward and picked the axe up from the now dead goat.

“Come and get it!” He taunted raising the axe above his head, ready to demolish the rest of them.

Last edited:

Blazentra
26/26 HP | 8/14 MP | 6/10 XP

Soon after the last Harren was killed, a pop up appeared in her line of sight, listing the rewards each player had received. A lucky foot? What was she supposed to do with that, she idly wondered. At least the drops were pretty big in terms of load out, although they'd need some more inventory space at this rate. While she had no idea how big their inventories were, they probably weren't that big if any other RPG was a good guide to go on. She didn't want to start dropping stuff yet, not without knowing it's potential value first.

She started going through the menu to try and locate her inventory; perhaps it would show her how much space she had left. She also was unsure of how much XP she had, but she was sure that she was nearing a level at this point. Multiple mobs, yes. Not necessarily ones that granted high XP, but still, there were multiple. And besides, the first few levels of any game were quick and easy if you got right to work. Be it a quest or killing mobs, it never took long.

"Yeah, we will have to be a bit careful with the Mana, Litari. I guess, if there's no current way to regen it..." If her spells cost 3 mana each, and she only had 14 total, that didn't give her a lot of spell time before she completely ran out. Of course, there had to be a way to recover it... there just apparently wasn't one.

"You're saying it actually hurt, Calice?" Carolina asked her new companion. "Are you sure?" She hadn't seen him get hurt, but she also wasn't paying to much attention to appearances- it was the hit bar that caught a cleric's eye. But his words caused her alarm; one of the Harren bit him and he could feel it? You weren't supposed to feel pain in games, it was against the point of the fun. It would completely ruin any chance of having long lasting tank characters if they felt every attack used on them. It was like virtual reality gone too far.

Thunder: Level 1, Techno Master. Stats: HP - 21/24, MP - 14/14, 5/10 EXP]

Objectives:
1. Build a Lab. 2. Acquire Better Gear. Group Acquired.
Rescue came at a great time, he watched as the five remaining Forunn turned their attention over towards the two newcomers. While they did this, a pop-up came up in front of Thunder, requesting a party invite. Not hesitating for the assistance, he reluctantly accepts. That's when the fun got started, the level two is smashed and one of the level one's is quickly killed off, leaving only three left. And since they were all level one's, Thunder decided it was time to help out. Opening up a channel for the party, he tries to talk out to them. "If you can, try not to get hit. It's not just going to sting, trust me, I'm in some serious pain myself right now."

Aiming his Techno Gun at one of the level one Forunn's, he fires out a shot into it. A red six appears up above it as it is hit, letting out a grunt before turning it's attention over to Thunder. Charging in towards him and leaving the others with their own left to deal with, Thunder takes great aim at it as it prepares a Headbutt move, he let out another shot quickly and watches as it collides with it's head. The beast lets out a low whine, another red six popping up above it's head as it collapses. That was great and all, but he still felt the pain from his injury. He wished he had gotten some potions from that doctor now, it would of helped him out right now.

Seeing no other option, Thunder decides to take a risk and speaks into the group chat he tried to bring up. "These creatures, they each do three damage each. They mainly try to get in close and hurt you, they have a special move they use with their heads. If you can, try to do what you did before by one hit killing them or fighting them off from a distance." It was done, he had done all he could to help finish the fight. He saw how incredible his new team had been, but how much they knew was up for debate. He would have to find that out for himself, if they manage to get that far in the wild that is.

Phax | HP: 27/27 | MP: 10/14 | XP: 1/10

Loading screen...
Startup menu...
Bioscan...
Login complete.

Danny opened his eyes for the first time. No, his name wasn't Danny here. His name was Phax the goblin bard. Phax made a small smile, then a big smile, then a grin, ending with full-blown laughter. It worked! A new world. A real world! A whole plethora of senses bombarded his virtual body and it was amazing.

The day was shining, the heat above the comfort of air-conditioning but still bearable. Phax was in a sort of shipyard, instead filled with spaceships of all sizes. It was like a movie. Around him were more players, though less than he expected. Probably because he dived in late and everyone had already left the starting area. Ahead of him was a lady talking to some other players. She must be the tutorial NPC.

Walking up to her, Phax had to climb on some crates to see her. Being a goblin meant he was shorter than other people. The climbing felt impossibly real; he felt the way his muscles strained, he felt his body exerting energy even though his real one was completely immobile. The NPC was spouting some safety instructions and a tutorial on the interface. Phax decided to leave when he got bored.

"What to do, what to do..." Phax muttered to himself.

Most of the quests were taken and almost everyone was in a party. The starting area was very small, containing just a few stalls and a hotel for resting. His goal was to get to an Inn or a Tavern to earn some money and get his name made known. Mark told him of an Inn at the next town from here. He would make his fame there.

The problem was getting there. There was no proper road there, and hiring a spaceship to take you there was way too expensive. He would have to go through the fields and forests, but they were crawling with mobs, and his band and scout class wasn't built for survivability. He needed people to get him there.

Starting his way out of the starting town, he found no one that wanted to be in a party. Some tried to attack him because they thought he was a monster. That was another problem. Finding no more reason to stay here, he decided to try and make it out on his own.

Making his way out of the safety boundary, he saw three players and the some midget goatmen. Maybe they would take him to the next town. He slowly walked their way, hands up, to the group of adventurers. Maybe they'd be more appreciative if he used his Soothe ability to help them out.

Playing his lute, he targeted four of the Forunn, as they were called apparently. They stopped in their tracks, oblivious to the enemy adventurers around them. The Attack felt natural, and he instinctively knew how to play the lute for some reason. Going closer to the party, he called out to them.

"Attack them while you can! They're stunned!"

Barong
26/26 HP | 9/13 MP | 8/10 XP

“Yeah, looks like managing MP is pretty important.” Barong echoed Blaze, looking at his own bar. As things stood, he could only pull off two more skills himself. He scrolled through the items he received from the kills, but came to the conclusion none of them were listed as usable. Especially not for MP recovery.

“Why in the world would they do that?” Barong frowned, as Calice described feeling actual pain. He had seen him get hit, but to program the actual sensation of pain into a game... That was ridiculous. Still, Clarice seemed to be willing to go on in spite of it and even suggested they'd go on a quest. Barong put a hand on the knight's shoulder, “Just let us know when it stings too much.” He reassured him. “No shame in admitting your limits.”

If only Barong himself followed that advice... He thought, but he shook off the worries of his real life counterpart. “Now let's look for these... 'Treems' or something, right?” He suggested, wondering what exactly the creatures were that Calice had been talking about. “Blaze, Literi, you ladies seen any of them?”

Pulse
30/30 HP 7/12 MP 4/10 XP

Both Sav and Pulse were plowing through the Forunn, and Thunder played his part too. Pulse was already loving the feedback the game gave her; she felt so heavy and powerful. However, that wasn't the only feedback in the game, as their new party member warned them of the little goatmen dishing out actual hurt! Pulse wondered what this meant, but then one of the Forunn charged straight her her... At least, for a while. Out of nowhere a strange melody played, which soothed the little bastards into a neutral state. Pulse didn't waste a second of the opportunity; slamming her godhand straight down on the stunned Forunn in front of her; flattening the little goatman in the process.

Pulse then turned around, looking for the source of the spell and warning. It was a player called Phax, which Pulse promptly invited to her party. After all, a support player like him could be very useful...

Savage
32/32 HP 8/8 MP 4/10 XP

Whether or not the Forunn really felt fear was of little difference to Sav. It seemed almost tempted to turn towards any other other two and take them on over him but he wouldn't have it. A slow step forward brought him within range to attack while the Forunn still had another step to make. With a deft motion forward he bent his upper body and trailed his axe behind him in the air swinging powerfully from left to right and catching the goat in the middle. Carrying through with his attack he watched the goat tumbled and finally roll to a stop some distance to his right. The enemy defeated he turned around, only vaguely aware there a melody had been played.

The goblin he saw almost registered as an enemy, but it spoke and calmed Sav down slightly. His hands where white knuckled ready to finish off the last monster, but it was hard to do when he joined the party. Stopping Sav erupted in laughter.

"Damn Phax, thought you were an enemy for a minute."

The comedy of the situation was likely only one that Sav thought funny as he doubted any new player wouldn't have enjoyed being chased around by a mad man.

"The enemy sure don't take too many hits though do they Pulse?"

Phax | HP: 27/27 | MP: 10/14 | XP: 3/10

As soon as the strangers realized they were being helped, a pop-up appeared on Phax's HUD. It was an invitation to the party by a player named Pulse. This was just what he needed! Now all he had to do was accept the request.

"Do I press it? Is it voice commanded? Is it telepathic?" he murmured to himself.

He was jerked from his thoughts as he heard a yell and saw a fist approaching behind the translucent pop-up. He reached his hand out, both to cover his face and to press the accept button at the same time. Just as sudden as the punch came, it stopped, replaced with laughter.

Phax fell on his butt, feeling the warm grass and the soil on his feet. In his party menu he saw his new teammates.

"Pulse, Savage, and Thunder..." he said to himself. Getting to his feet and brushing the dirt off, he introduced himself. "Hey, I'm Phax. I'm a bard-scout. I'm off to the next town, across the forest. I don't know what you guys are doing, but I'm sure you guys might not wanna go there, so if you don't mind I'mma just hang around with you guys until I get enough credit to take a ship there."

He took a moment to appreciate the fields and look at the cool looking guys around him. "So, what're you guys gonna do?" he asks his new party.

It was too early for Phax, Thunder, Sav and Pulse to celebrate. Their results screen hadn't popped up yet... And that meant there was something else stalking nearby. Nearby bushes ruffled and beast circled to the flank of the party; getting the drop on the unsuspecting adventurers!

Nexit♀ - Level 1 - ★★☆☆☆

All while still in the bushes, the Nexit unleashed a pre-emptive attack in the form of a loud bark; producing a magical projectile it fired from it's mouth. It seemed the fox was cunning, not wanting to go head to head with four opponents, it used the bushes to conceal it's movement. Although it didn't have much space to move in, it would most likely get a second chance to attack...

Thunder: Level 1, Techno Master. Stats: HP - 21/24, MP - 14/14, 7/10 EXP]

Objectives:
1. Build a Lab. 2. Acquire Better Gear
Having watched his new party members slay the last of the Forunn, he lets out a sigh of relief as he waits for a pop-up to show their spoils. However, when one didn't come up, Thunder grew worried, and his suspicions became true. He was lucky he had kept the chat channel open, but now wasn't the time for that, now was a time to put the party's combined skills to use. He was familiar with using different skills to an advantage, lots of RPGs and MMO's he had played before helped in that regard. Another enemy had appeared, and it seemed more dangerous than the six Forunn combined! A new ability on top of that, he didn't like the odds against them.

"Phax, use that melody ability of yours to try to stop this creature." Thunder spoke into the chat channel, opening up another pop-up screen as he hits another button. Once it closes, a strange outline forms around him, before materializing into a strange suit. He knew it couldn't do much in his current state, but he had to try. Once the suit forms over his body, it forms a cool helmet over his head as he felt protected now. He figured it would at least reduce the real pain enemies gave off, that was an advantage he thought was lucky to have on hand. "Sav, Pulse, you two are the front line. When that thing shows up or gets stunned, attack it without mercy!"

Taking a hold of his Techno gun in both hands, he aims it at the direction the sound was coming from. "I will be on the back line with Phax." He fires off a shot at where the sound was coming from, he intended for it more to be a warning shot for the two close hitters to get to the thing if it got pushed out of hiding and stopping it's ability in it's tracks. Right now he was mostly waiting on Phax to do his thing, it seemed like the best chance they had of finding this creature. He suddenly realized that they might have access to know what his race was, he secretly wished they didn't. But he had to consider the other's abilities from what he had seen, and he hoped his plan would work, it all depended on the other three cooperating as a team.

Pulse
28/30 HP 7/12 MP 6/10 XP

“Low level mobs, gutter trash if there is any.” Pulse shrugged off, though pounding it had felt good. She could feel her muscles had been at work and though she'd not spent much time on picking her class, it seemed cyborg was her type of bruiser. Very satisfactory.

“What is this about a town across the forest?” Pulse asked Phax. She hadn't a clue what the goblin was talking about, but she didn't get much time to think about it either; as she was suddenly hit by something from behind; the Nexit's Sonic Bark.

“Ah!” Pulse grabbed the back of her head where she'd been hit. Thunder was right; attacks did sting in this game. She turned around to her fellow cyborg/engineer, but when he started taking command she just shot him a cold glare. Pulse did like taking orders; even if the logic behind them was sound.

Still, she did as Thunder said and took to the front lines; although with her movement penalty, she likely wouldn't arrive there before Sav.

Last edited:

Blazentra
26/26 HP | 8/14 MP | 7/10 XP

"No, I haven't seen any 'Treems' around. To be quite frank, all I've seen are the Harenn. Most mob-lacking game I've seen. Usually the spawn areas are loaded with 'em for leveling," Blazentra said, looking around the field. She narrowed her eyes against the light, putting her hand over her eyes in attempts to see out farther, but saw no movement, except for another small cluster of Harren. She saw a few players wandering out towards them, stragglers still at spawn in the distance. They could, probably, keep hunting the Harren, but with the new influx of players, it would probably be better to get out of there. "Perhaps they're in a different area? Where'd you hear about the Treems?" She asked Calice, a little twinge of hope in her voice.

It would be absolutely great if whatever these mobs dropped would help them recover MP. Her thoughts were still circulated around that one missing question. But it wouldn't do any good to dwell on it, she supposed. "Hopefully, they'll be a bit easier than the Harenn. Not like they were hard; just so we can save our MP up."​

Savage
31 / 33 HP | 8 / 8 MP | 6 / 10 XP

Phax was a conundrum to Sav. Maybe he'd rushed through character creation, scratch that he had, but he hadn't notice a race selection in the process. Wondering if there was any difference between them he was caught off guard by the screeching howl of the Nexit that had ambushed them. Lucky enough to be just outside the area of effect the noise still deafened him momentarily. Spinning around to face the new enemy only its tail was visible as it jumped into the brush disappearing from sight.

Still ready for a fight Sav saw that Pulse was moving slow. She told him not to touch her but this enemy was fast and seemed smarter than the goats. Taking a risk he swung an arm under hers and wrapped it around her torso while bending at the knees. Straightening she was lifted from the ground and Sav did the legwork of carrying her with him into the fray as per Thunders instruction. It seemed someone wanted to play leader in this rag tag group and Sav would let him until the time he felt otherwise.

"You're too slow with those gloves." Sav offered as his excuse for rushing in with a carried Pulse. Hoping Phax would be able to affect the enemy from a distance Sav broke through the brush and caught sight of it. The animal apparently wasn't fondnof being followed as it crept low to the ground, haunching shoulders together as it did and attacked the two front line fighters with the same attack as before. Releasing Pulse just as it opened its maw Sav took the blow instead.

His ears rang from it and his head felt like it may have split from the pressure. Shouting from the pain it evolved into anger as he began pushing forward towards the Nexit. Sav was likely the most in character player of the entire game at this rate.

"Try to circle it so it can't run away Pulse!" Taking the frontal charge Sav expected another bark before he could swing at the Nexit and only hoped he was wrong.

Litari
{23/23 HP} {12/15 MP} {6/10 XP}

Litari had fallen behind the conversation so despite her late response she turns to Calice and stares at the warrior in their party. "Wait they actually made you feel the pain of the blow? That's not right, tank types are not going to want to stay up front like that..." Litari rubbed her chin a little as she made a face, she wondered if there was a way she could help make it so he didn't feel the pain so much. Being a fast attacker probably would help, especially if she could stop any mobs from hitting the tank with a fast blast of magic, now Litari was glad for her own high pain tolerance as she recalled the tattoos she had in the real world.

Litari shakes the thoughts from her head and sighs a little. "What the heck are Treems? I've not seen anything with that name." Litari looks around covering her head with her hood to get a better look around the area. She notices other players and starts to walk a bit further away from the spawn area hoping the party would follow, if not she might just leave the party and wander off on her own; though she would rather avoid doing that she just felt that one of the elementalist/clerics should be elsewhere. This was Litari's bad habit in an MMO of any kind, she party hopped until she felt perfectly comfortable with a group; she wasn't entirely feeling this group, she decides to stick around for awhile longer though she has yet to voice the fact it crossed her mind to leave the party.

Calice
30 / 34 HP | 6 / 10 MP | 7 / 10 XP
As everyone spoke about where the Treems might just be Calice spoke to Litari and Blaze, though she seemed a bit preoccupied with her MP. “Yeah I felt it for sure. I mean it wasn't broken bones or anything, kind of like touching a hot pot I guess. Maybe it's because my armour sucks.” Attempting to rationalize the inclusion of pain in the game was difficult. Calice understood how the brain and body worked, at least to a degree, and that an electrical current might extend the feeling or at least portray pain, but why the creators decided to include that was a little baffling. He was accustomed to pain, through no personal desire, and had come to terms with being hurt in the job. If a child played the game he could only imagine the outcry, meaning there must have been an option to change the intensity of it somehow.

Litari dragged him back from his thoughts though. “I don't think they were Treems, I probably just misheard it back at the landing site. Either way we should know when we find something.” No one really seemed to have any inclination on which direction to head. The appearance of other players told Calice that the area would inevitably be overrun soon. Scouting the area he spun on his heel in time to see Litari heading southwards. Calling out to Blaze and Barong he motioned with his hand for them to follow Litari and him. If they didn't find the Treem hopefully they'd at least find some NPCs to work with.

Pushing South along the edges of the forest and against light hills the group would skirt past a small group of Herann and find instead a cluster of three characters. Around them were trees chopped and split and lying in a semi circle around the working party. Their diligence in their work and lack of adventuring told Calice they must have been NPCs. Hopefully they were starting to expand the world. Even though it had been mentioned by some of the initial NPCs that the players were expected to build the world from ground up Calice found it hard to believe that everyone would be expected to do their own labour. Realistically this was someone who had decided to try and either make a home, guild, town or an outpost like settlement near the starting area. Hopefully at least, as rampant creation of tiny settlements by an AI was always worrisome.

As the NPCs noticed the adventurers nearing them one looked up from his work and waved at them. "Adventurers! Are we ever happy to see you." They hadn't found any Treems, or whatever it was Calice had heard, but they'd certainly found something.

Thunder: Level 1, Techno Master. Stats: HP - 21/24, MP - 14/14, 7/10 EXP

Objectives: 1.Build a Lab. 2. Acquire Better Gear
The fight wasn't going in a very well direction with what Thunder was watching. "You deaf or something?" Pulse spat at Sav as he picked her up. It was clear this wasn't her favorite team by far, no matter how into the game they were. "I said don't touch me." However, before Pulse could struggle herself loose from the barbarian's grip, Sav threw her straight over the bush. At the very least, the barbarian had boosted her mobility. Mid-flight, she heard him roar in pain. The Nexit must had hit him too. Sadistically, Pulse couldn't help but smile. Served him right, she thought, but she wasn't done with the baboon.

First however, she had to catch herself from falling. Fortunately, her giant gauntlets came in handy; as they caught her and balanced the shock far before her body made contact with the ground. Swiftly turning around, she stood behind the bush and caught something moving inside of it. With her godhand, Pulse reached inside of it; motioning to grab the Nexit. The bugger was too fast; but one thing Pulse did manage was to force it out of hiding. The Nexit jumped out of the bushes; now in clear view.

This was Thunder's chance, aiming his Techno Gun straight for the Nexit and opening fire on it. The attack hit straight; flinching the Nexit for just long enough for Sav to charge in and slash it with his axe. The Nexit had taken major damage, but still wasn’t down for the count. However, it hadn’t expected Pulse to come from behind and with a third, final smash; her godhand tore straight through the fox monster; causing it to shatter in tiny pieces until only hairs remained; which ended up in Sav’s face.

“Somehow that looks a lot more appropriate, for a baboon.” Pulse hummed, pointing at the barbarian’s face, though that’d be one of the last times she’d lay eyes upon him today. Pulse dusted herself off as the result screen popped up;

[dscroll]
BATTLE REPORT

Kills: 7

Battle EXP: 1

Pulse

16 Broken Forunn Horn

17 Forunn Milk

1 Perfect Forunn Horn

2 Nexit Fur

3 Broken Nexit Fang

Savage

15 Broken Forunn Horn

14 Forunn Milk

1 Perfect Forunn Horn

3 Nexit Fur

4 Broken Nexit Fang

Thunder

17 Broken Forunn Horn

16 Forunn Milk

4 Perfect Forunn Horn

4 Nexit Fur

1 Broken Nexit Fang

Phax

8 Broken Forunn Horn

17 Forunn Milk

1 Nexit Fur

3 Broken Nexit Fang

1 Severed Nexit Tail​
[/dscroll]

Counting her drops, Pulse had little time she bothered to stand around. “Time to look for that ship, baboon.” She said to Sav, “The rest of you should come too if you have nothing better to do.”

"I might as well, since we're on the same mission. Better get these items examined when we get back though, we don't know what exactly they can do yet. Especially since we got, ugh, milk straight from the cow itself." Thunder joked a bit, but he was mostly serious. That's when another pop-up showed up before him.

| Achievement Unlocked! |
Get your feet wet | Get into your first fight | 5 XP.

"What the --" But before he could go on, another pop-up showed itself up in front of him.

| Level up! |
Congratulations, you are now a Level 2!​

"Hey guys! Did we just all level up or something?"

Thunder: Level 2. 5/10 EXP.

Phax | HP: 27/27 | MP: 11/14 | XP: 0/10​
[/hr]

Phax kept hidden in the concealment of the bushes. He would more or less hinder the rest of the team by getting into direct combat. He heard Thunder shout out for him to cast Soothe, but the battle was over before the cool down finished.

Stepping out of the brush and heading towards his party, he observed the myriad of mob corpses strewn across the grass. Suddenly a screen popped up of the loot he obtained, divided by the party system.

"The heck do I do with this stuff?" he said, checking his inventory and investigating the new items he received. "Can I drink this?" he asked, finger over the Forunn milk.

Hesitantly, he pressed the button, the milk materializing on the palms of his hands. Cupping the thick, rancid milk, he nearly hurled. Slowly, he pressed the foul liquid to his lips. At least it wasn't real. He slurped it down in one go, swallowing and holding it so he wouldn't virtually reach.

He checked his MP bar to see he gained one MP. An amazing item, if it weren't for the stomachache.

"Oh god..." he mumbled, before stumbling to the ground. It wasn't the bad, actually, and he got stumbled to his feet a minute later.

"We can't use this stuff in combat," he said, followed by a hiccup. "We can't move for like five seconds."

Receiving an invitation to continue travelling with them, he accepted. "Sure! Maybe later on we can meet up with my bro! He's, like, super good at games like these."

Then Phax received another pop-up, about a level up. Phax pumped his fist, followed by a jump in the air. Then he got a pop-up about an achievement. This was his lucky day!

"So, what's our next stop guys?" he asked, looking at his inventory at the other UNIDENTIFIED items he just looted.

Barong
26/30 HP | 9/14 MP | 4/10 XP

As he and Blazentra followed Litari and Calice, the gunslinger noticed something pop up in front of him. “Hey, guys, I did you just get this note too?” Barong asked as he found an alert on his UI, wondering why he hadn't noticed it before.“It looks like we got an achievement and leveled up. That's sweet.” Barong laughed. Leveling up was going smooth, as he distributed his points into his stats; balanced, just in case, with a few extra points in strength.

The party would, in search of different monsters and a quest, come across a group of NPC's. “Looks like your wish came true, Calice.” Barong pointed at the group, who were all very glad to see them. “Maybe they know what 'treems' are too.”

“We set out to explore,” One of the NPC's began, “There were so many adventurers, we just couldn't sit still at camp, but we found ourselves ambushed by large birds called Tryma's.” Barong made a mental note of that, they were probably the monster-type Calice had been referring too.

“Somehow we managed to outrun them, but we lost one of our own during the escape. Will you help us find him?” The spokesperson of the three continued, the other two NPC's simply nodding and agreeing with everything the man said. “He might still be alive, hiding. Please help us out. I couldn't bear leaving without him... We have to know if he's still alive.”

“Well,” Barong turned to the group, “Is this something you guys are up for? They're pointing us to a brand new mob too.” He said, exchanging quick eye-contact with Blaze, who had earlier complained about the lack of available monsters.

| Skia Ippotis, Berserker/Tank lvl 2 |
27/36 HP | 10/10 MP | 1/10 XP

Seeing the other player start to loot the Harenn after dispatching the last of them Skia follows suit doing the same, a little glad the loot system was the same as most MMO's so she was use to it. Stepping up to the Harenn he had killed he pulls the loot menu up accepting all of it.

-LOOT-
-Raw Harenn Meat x4
-Harenn Fur x7
-Lucky Harenn Foot x2

'Hm not bad loot for 3 kills, tho it looks like just the normal lowbie junk' After she stores the loot in her inventory she turns to the other player having heard him speak to her. She goes to respond but stops herself at the last second 'Shit I forgot to test if my voice is still female in this game....If I speak like a girl but look like a guy they'll think im weird...' Hesitating Skia nods to the player clad in red. After sheathing Demonic Blades he pulls up the invite menu with a flick, tapping the "Invite this player to a party" after a second a text pops up in front of him "Request sent". Hoping the other player didnt take her silence offensively she rolls her shoulders, noticing an alert on her UI she taps it reading the text she grins. 'Awesome an achievement and lvl up already, this is easy!'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.