The Depth Online - [OOC & Signups]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also choose to be trapped in Aincrad. The world just seems more viable for long term habitation.

-wheels into the chat in a wheel chair- Sorry about all this Kestrel I got hurt in an accident awhile back and haven't had much time with physical therapy and various other things; I don't intend on disappearing from the RP but....well I've also got writer's block so I can't post at the moment...
Ouch, that's pretty shitty. What happened?

Aight, trucking on. Since Arius is busy with physical therapy and I haven't heard a thing from Rainjay, I think that means Barong and Rissa are going to be interacting after all. ;p I prolly shoulda made this post earlier, but eh, *insert busy excuse here*

Mac said he'd post for the rest of the parties soon, so look forward to that. I think that's pretty much all we need to get on track.

Speaking of which, how are those missions going, guys?

EDIT: Oh BTW did I mention I was going to China for half a year? I'm pretty sure I did. I'm flying the 11th and my posting schedule will possibly be weird for a while.

Last edited:
You're going to China? That's awesome! Since it's such a long trip, I'm guessing it's not a vacation... (shot in the dark time!) Is it an overseas study program?

(Still plugging away on mission particulars over here; concept is solid, implementation is a horse of a different color d: )

Alright, so this is rather silent. I heard a lot of people are busy and well... Yeah, start up an RP during holidays. Rookie mistake, Kestrel, rookie mistake

Anyway, as you guys know, I'm flying tomorrow and honestly I'd hoped there'd be more going on right now, as I won't have interwebz for an indeterminate amount of time... Which could be ~2 days, or maybe more. idk. Anyway, Mac and Wolfsin have notified me a lot of RL is holding them up, so I'm guessing we'd better move forward without them for now. I'll leave it to you all to progress.

• Thank You
Reactions: Wolfsin
I *still* am not getting alerts for this thread. I just started school & am taking a few heavy classes and am looking for work, so I apologize deeply for my absence. Really, I only log in once a day, check my alerts, and reply to the threads there. The rest kind of slips my mind until like five days later I realize that a roleplay has been weirdly quiet.

That whole hubbub with Ray/Arius/Me is being sorted, although I'll do my best to progress within the next day or two while I actually have free time to do so.

Alright, I have internet... Sort-ish. If you can call this kinda loading time internet but eh. That happened.

So yeah I'm in China now.

Ooh. Is it cool?
It's actually rather warm ;p

But yeah, it's pretty interesting. Extremely different though. You can have a good meal for like 5 Yuan, which is like 40 eurocents. I ain't lying. Still readjusting pretty heavily though.

My father spent two years in Hong Kong. Of course, that was thirty-some years ago; it's probably changed a lot.

Turns out you Hong Kong is legally leaving the country, so I can't go there on my visum. Or well, not come back to China from there without a new one. China is weird that way.

Right. Hong Kong isn't quite China, but that's about the closest I can relate.

Anyway, I've been playing with this idea for a month now, so it's about time I presented it. For your perusal:

• THE PLAYER

FULL NAME: Lance B. Darby
    APPEARANCE:
    Lance likes to think himself totally average. He has dark brown hair that tries to curl, so it always looks a bit messy; his eyes are a light brown, unassuming and unjudging; he stands just under six feet tall, with a lean body that can be described as neither scrawny nor bulky; and his choice of apparel is always casual and muted, so he never stands out in a crowd. As Lance says it, he has only one notable feature: his ears stick out a little too far, so his short hair can never hide them.
    BIRTHDAY & AGE: August 16th, 2018 (15, going on 16)
    NATIONALITY: American
    BIO: Lance doesn't like talking about his past. More accurately, Lance doesn't like talking about himself. He has two working parents, an older brother overseas, an older sister leaving for college in a month, and two little siblings--twin brother and sister--about to start high school. Compared to all that, Lance--the ugly duckling, the forgotten middle child--doesn't see anything in his life as exciting enough to tell about. Save for one thing, but that's something he'll never tell anyone about.

If you asked about games, he would probably open up somewhat. Lance has grown up on games of every kind: board games, card games, party games, solo games, versus games, co-op games, video games, sports games, and even mind games. It's quite a history, so it was no surprise that he begged for TDO until his father's ears fell off. His parents planned to give it to him for his birthday, but Lance wanted to be a part of the beta. It was agreed that he could have it early--but it still counted as a present.

Imagine how different life would have been if they had waited. Well, that's just the way the dice roll. Lance tries not to dwell on the past; his adopted motto is "Susume!"

• THE CHARACTER

USERNAME: Sir Lancelot
    APPEARANCE:
    Lance looks exactly the same. Well, he embellished his muscle mass just a little. And the clothes are new, of course. But for the most part, Lance thought it would be best to still be himself, even in a virtual game.
    RACE: Human
    CLASSES: Knight/Monk
    LEVEL:
    EXP: 0
    CREDIT: 0
    HP: 45 STR: 9
    MP: 10 VIT: 18
    P.CRIT: 12 INT: 5
    M.CRIT: 13 WIS: 8
    RESISTANCES:
    Fire: 35 Earth: -15 Light: 25
    Water: -25 Air: 35 Darkness: -45

• ABILITIES

• Skill Name Taunt
      Level learned 1
      Skill Type Active
      Cost 3 MP
      Skill Description Inflicts 3x a conventional attack's aggro on enemies within shouting distance (approximately thirty meters).
      Skill Name Tower
      Level learned 5
      Skill Type Active
      Cost (Knight's level) MP
      Skill Description Increases the knight's Armor and VIT by (Knight's level)/2. Lasts for (knight's level)/5 posts (cap 4 posts).
      Skill Name Guardian's Resolve
      Level learned 10
      Skill Type Passive
      Cost --
      Skill Description 5% HP boost

• Skill Name Weaken
      Level learned 1
      Skill Type Active
      Cost 2 MP
      Skill Description Applies a weakening effect to next blow. Weakened target loses 1 STR. Stacks up to 10 times.
      Skill Name Cripple
      Level learned 5
      Skill Type Active
      Cost 5 MP
      Skill Description Renders a target unable to move for one post. Crippled targets can still attack or use abilities that don't require them to move.
      Skill Name Meditate
      Level learned 10
      Skill Type Active
      Cost 1 post
      Skill Description The monk remains motionless to regenerate 10% MP and 5% HP. Cannot be used in combat. Two post cooldown.

• MINING

This Skill allows the user to locate hidden deposits of minerals.
    Iron Vein - Yields Iron Ore
    Coal Vein - Yields Coal Chunk
    Silver Vein - Yields Silver Ore
    This Skill allows the user to retrieve raw minerals from the ground with a pickaxe.
    Iron Ore
    Coal Ore
    Silver Ore
    This Skill allows the user to locate and mine areas of quality stone.
    Grayen Stone - Yields Grayen Rock
    This Skill allows the user to excavate large underground areas.

• EQUIPMENT

WEAPON NAME Iron Buckler
    Type: Shield
    Stats: +2 P. Def / +2 M. Def
    Description: A round, iron shield that can protect against physical and magical attacks.
    ARMOUR NAME Knightly Vestment
    Type: Heavy Armor
    Stats: --
    Description: A knight should look his best! Stylish and noble, this is the armor to wear when your life isn't on the line.
    Inventory
    Pickaxe 1
  • Registered for the game! not tm​

• YOU

EXPECTATIONS: I expect to be able to do more posting with a second character. I hope to get Lance in with CAS's guild of crafters, at least as a part-timer. And Lance has his birthday in just over two weeks, so I want to plan something special for him!
    ROMANCE: Lance has a nice personality, so I hope he'll meet someone special. I'm not going to push it though. If it feels right for your character, run with it; if it doesn't, don't.
    OTHER: I'm taking a creative writing course! I hope you'll see the improvement over time. ^_^
    SIGNATURE: RayChel

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have a character I been waiting to post. As my time begins to open up, I would like to use this character so I can still post. I been wondering about going overseas as well, maybe to a place like Japan, New Zealand or Italy. Either one of the three will be good to go to in my opinion.

• THE PLAYER

FULL NAME: Victor Maxwell
    APPEARANCE:

1899386_1313717577528.11res_354_300.jpg

BIRTHDAY & AGE: 19 years of age, August 5, 2014
    OCCUPATION: College Student/Gamer/Roleplayer (<- only favours being the bad guy though)
    NATIONALITY: USA

BIO: Victor's life was normal up to the point when he discovered how much he hated the "hero" of all the stories he read, and how the ending favours the hero and not the villain. He fully enjoys reading, playing, watching anything that has the villain winning instead of the hero. There are some exceptions that he would allow because even though the villain didn't win, it was still enjoyable for him. He has a large collection of movies, games, even written records of his favourite RPs labelled by how much he enjoyed the story and how the villain won. He does not accept defeat easily though it does happen, he claims it to be a minor flaw in his plan which he will "correct" and renew his plan with this new knowledge. To him, the villain is the hero in his book, and the hero is what the villain has to outsmart to achieve his true goal. Victor's intelligence is high but not to the point of genius. He prefers knowledge of how to get out of areas, knowing how to plan multiple moves ahead, deception, and trickery more than what people would call "actual knowledge". He is as what you would think he is in real life. He loves to trick people with his intense planning and is unparalleled in RTS gaming world. If he plans something out for a extended period of time, you know he always has different ways to win and different levels of victory so if one way fails, he will succeed in another way, might be different and not as victorious as others but it will be a win, or so he likes to think.

His best friend is the opposite of him. He sees him as the ultimate rival. The scoreboard between the two is dead even, always have been. If one wins then the other will surely win next time. "Learning from your opponents to gain the upper hand " is both of their mottoes and they live by it as closely as possible. Neither of them gets bored of each other and always having intense matches to see if the villain will truly win or will it be another cliché ending with the hero winning. Victor knows what side he is on and is determined to win.

Later on in his life, his friend challenged Victor to see who will win, the villain or the hero in this new beta that was coming out called The Depth Online or TDO for short. They both entered for the beta and Victor didn't receive any message or contact of anything from his friend after he got the beta key. A wicked smile grows on his face as he realized that his friend came in late or he didn't get the beta key so Victor has the head start and not his friend. After setting up his system and enters the beta key for the game both him and his friend has been waiting for. Victor is a slight worried about his friend but knows his ultimate rival cannot be beaten so easily so he thought nothing of it. Victor was about to complete an assignment for his class when he realized what if his friend was inside the game and has taken the lead. This Victor could not allow!

Fears:

• having his plan leaked out or figured out completely.
    • being outsmarted by others.
    • losing to the hero(s) of the story.
    • being turned into a hero.
    • people who share the same opinions on stories like him.
    • having his plan go as he thought it would.
    • devoted people.
    • loves being evil.
    Dislikes:
    • "heroes"
    • stories ending with the hero winning.
    • losing at what he is best at.
    • having to answer to a superior (he might bite the bullet for this one if it is needed for his plan)
    Flaws:
    • will see anyone who beats him as a rival and will seek to redeem himself by any means necessary.
    • will not accept defeat when it is wisest to do so.
    • can be overly prideful at times.
    • likes to toy with his prey a bit too much. (prey for him count as PCs (player characters for those who doesn't know :3))

• THE PLAYER

FULL NAME: Vincent Mathis
    APPEARANCE:
    random-anime-dude-9-jpg.jpg
    Vincent is semi-chiseled and pretty tall. 6'3 to be exact. He didn't really care about his hair, he just didn't want it below his eyebrows so it wouldn't get in the way of vision. He invented 'the death stare of Vincent-ic death' to intimidate those who tried to offend him or his friends or family. It was pretty effective too. It basically looks like Superman giving you the laser eyes without the lasers.
    BIRTHDAY & AGE: October 5, 2016 - 17 on 18
    NATIONALITY: Asian-American

BIO:
    Vincent was born in Stockton, California. He has 2 hardworking parents, and his annoying brother and sister. Being your typical gamer geek, Vincent loves going to conventions and making mini games himself. He is the oldest sibling, and fell in love with games the one moment he saw them. If he saw or heard about a video-game, he'd most likely try to get as much information as he could before trying the game out.

If you were to meet him in real life, you'd be in for a wild surprise. He's not afraid to flip off a fellow student in elementary school, but he has stage fright. In all parts of his school life, he's had really great friends. They helped him and he helped them. He's a great friend-maker if you'd ask me, and quite a teensy bit flirty.

Anyways, when TDO came up in the news, he started getting all over it. Watching trailers, reading leaks, and when the beta came out, he shot straight for the game.

• THE CHARACTER

USERNAME: Zephriam
    APPEARANCE:
    5688-1132988491.jpg
    Also 6'3!
    RACE: Human
    CLASSES: Assassin, Thief
    LEVEL:
    EXP: 0
    CREDIT: 0

HP: 28 STR: 10
    MP: 12 VIT: 9
    P.CRIT: 4 INT: 8
    M.CRIT: 4 WIS: 8
    RESISTANCES:
    Fire: 15 Earth: 15 Light: 10
    Water: 5 Air: -5 Darkness: 10

• ABILITIES

• Skill Name:Flame Knife
      Level learned 1
      Skill Type Active
      Cost 4 MP
      Skill Description User throws a flaming knife at an enemy. Deals 2 extra damage topped on regular damage.

• Skill Name: Reinforcement
      Level learned 1
      Skill Type Passive
      Cost 4 MP
      Skill Description User gets 5% more defense.

• EQUIPMENT

WEAPON NAME Soulreaver
    Type: Dagger
    Stats:
    Description: Starter dagger.
    ARMOUR NAME Apprentice Cloak
    Type: Leather and metal
    Stats:
    Description: Starter armor.

• Coming soon tm​

• YOU

EXPECTATIONS: I expect a great RP, that's all.
    ROMANCE: Seems good.
    OTHER: I like ducklings.
    SIGNATURE:Zeon

Oh, yeah. Uh, well... How do you get the resistances? Sorry if I didn't read thoroughly.

Hiya, Zeon! Resistances are a mystery that only Kestrel can unravel--meaning he'll give them to you when he has time to review your sheet. Can I offer my preliminary thoughts in the meantime?

Status
Not open for further replies.