The demons kiss

He came closer and she shuddered even though she had tried not to. When he stood over her he scooped her up and started to carry her back to the little campsite. She didn't speak, not because she were afriad but surprised. He had just told her he wouldn't eat her then he started to carry her. As he sat her down on the ground he started to slide his hand over her arm, it seemed like her wounds were closing more. It stung as he did it. He told her he were evil and didn't have any kindness in him, if that were the case why did he just close her wound?

He started to speak again before releasing her, so he wouldn't gain anything from killing her now. But why did he heal her wound? Why did he tell her to get some rest? That did sound kind in her mind. Even if she said it to him he would just come up with some other excuse. She couldn't rest, she just had to wait untill he fell asleep then she could sneak away. The only problem were that she didn't know if deamons slept or not. She just had to wait and see and trying not to fall asleep herself. But that would be a problem because she already felt how she started to get dizzy of exhaustion. Even though she tried to stay awake it didn't work, once the dangerous part were over and her body felt a litle relaxed she fell asleep within thirty minutes.

As the small shaving of wood fell to the sand in tiny curls, Rilo listened. Even though he had his 'human' ears at the moment, he could hear a lot of things most people wouldn't notice. For example, he knew when Stella's breathing evened out to the deep rhythm of sleep. That actually surprised him a bit, that she was able to relax knowing a demon was sitting less than ten yards away from her. Then again, the human body could only resist so much when it came to exhaustion. He glanced back at her and saw that she was curled up near the fire, which was slowly dying. A few minutes ago he had pulled his jacket back on, after scrubbing it clean with sand. It still felt tainted, but he wasn't angry enough to let himself be cold just because of dried slobber. Plus, it wasn't visible.

He stretched a little to relieve his sore muscles, then leaned over and scooped his pendant up from the sand. Slipping it on, he gazed down at the onyx and didn't bother tucking it under his shirt. No point hiding anything now, it wasn't like she could tell anybody. Rolling his eyes at the thought, he tucked the unfinished carving away and rested his elbows on his knees. His position was alert, but his eyes faded to a dull silver. He was meditating deeply, which was as restful for him as full sleep, but not as dangerous. In this state he would awaken immediately if he heard something or there was movement, which allowed him to continue keeping watch while still getting the rest that his body required. Of course, having a full belly was helping too.

After a few hours he blinked, his eyes brightening to the pale green as he stood and walked back into the campsite. He tossed his bag aside and built up the fire enough to cook breakfast. From his bag he withdrew a small skillet, spatula, plus a few eggs and some bacon. He began to fry it all up together over the fire, holding the skillet handle even though it was nearly as hot as the fire itself when it began to cook the food. Edging around the flames, he nudged Stella with one foot, frowning. "Wake up," he ordered, then muttered 'lazy human' to himself even though it was scarcely an hour after sunrise.

Nightmares haunted her the whole night, but when she woke up she couldn't remember a single one of them. The first thing that started to get her out of her deep sleep were something poking her, and a voice, it sounded irritated and it irritated her. But she didn't open her eyes before she felt the scent of food and her stomach started to complain at her that she needed to eat. Slowly her eyes went up and she saw Rilo sitting there making breakfast. First she didn't remember what had happened the day before because she just had woken up but when she were rising in to a sitting position she started to get the memories back, the memory of Rilo becoming a deamon made her shudder.

What were he going to do now? First it had seemed like her were going to kill her but then he changed completely after killing whoever or whatever he fought with the day before. Were he saving her for later so he could suck the life out of her whenever he wanted to? Were she some kind of food storage for him?

She backed away a bit both from him and the fire, the sun were already warming her enough the fire would just give her a heat stroke and she just didn't want to be to close to him. Maybe she had started to believe that he really were evil, no it wasn't like that, he weren't evil just because he had done those things. It just meant that he wanted to proove that he were evil. What were he going to do? Just make breakfast and pretend nothing happened or kill her to dinner? His behaviour was just weird, first he had almost killed her then closed her wound.

"It was awfully nice of the evil deamon to close someones wounds yesterday. Was that also something that just benefited yourself?" She asked, it would probably irritate him again but she was probably screwed anyways.

Rilo grinned and sat off to the side, cradling the scorching pan in his lap and proceeding to use his spatula as a combination spoon and fork. "Yes," he said simply, his voice rich with amusement. Today was a whole new day, he wasn't going to let her get under his skin anymore. He ate his breakfast cheerfully, then packed away the skillet and spatula in his bag again. "If you aren't planning on dragging yourself up to do anything useful, we might as well get going," he said, standing up and brushing the sand from his jeans. He sauntered over to the fire and kicked sand over it until it was out, then went back over to his bag and scooped it up. "Come on, Stella, I haven't got all day to wait for you," he said, cocking an eyebrow at her and starting to walk back toward the town.

"I'll take you as far as the town. I assume you can manage to get home from there by yourself without my assistance with staying alive, yes?" he commented lightly, whether or not she was walking with him. If she decided to stay behind, that was her problem. He wasn't going to go back for her. If not, well, then he would do exactly as he said and drop her off where he had found her. She wasn't his problem and he had no obligation to make sure that she survived once she left his sight. Heck, he didn't even have any when he was staring at her. All he had to do was kill her in a couple years.

He had tried to kill her just the day before but now he acted like it didn't matter, well for him it probably didn't. He seemed so calm, maybe even cheerful, she mostly followed him with her eyes without really doing anything. His words had surprised her, get going were? He seemed to be heading towards town again, but why? Then it came, after all the things that happened the day before he weren't going to kill her, he would just leave her as he found her as if nothing had happened.

Even if she should have become happy that she wouldn't die and could go home she didn't feel that happiness, instead she felt angry. She didn't care if he were a deamon or not, how could he do something like that to someone? "So first you saved me from a deamon and werewolf then you show me that you are a deamon yourself and were almost going to kill me and now you are just going to drop me off and let me go?" This man, no this deamon was confusing, first it seemed like he wanted one thing and in the next second it seemed like he wanted another. Stella wanted to hit him and almost forgott that he were a strong deamon that could kill her if she tried, but she were able to stop herself before doing something stupid.

"I don't want or need you to walk me to town, I would be much safer if you didn't go with me." She said angrily and pulled her backpack violently on her back, noticing it first after that it were so heavy so it hurt a bit to do that. If he would let her go it was probably because he would stick to the deal and not take her life before eighteen, so she got her last two years after all. That was a meeting that she didn't look forward to.

Glancing at her curiously, he held out a hand to grasp the top of her backpack and halt her steps. He examined her closely as though confused, his expression turning thoughtful. "I don't understand," he finally admitted. "Did you want to stay with me? You're angry about me leaving you back in town despite you being safe and alive," he went on, explaining why he was completely bewildered. Did she want him to kill her now? He didn't particularly want to but if she asked for it, he wasn't going to say no. "If you want me to kill you, I can," he said, though he looked away for a moment after he said it. He released her and slid his hands in his pockets, examining her again before shrugging. "You know what? I don't care," he said suddenly, turning away from her and starting to walk back down the road away from town.

[Horribly short, apologies :x]

He were confused? He couldn't understand? It was she who were confused, first he acts all nice and warm then becomes cold and tries to kill her and then all of a sudden he helps her again. What was wrong with that guy, demon, whatever he were. Her thoughts were messed up at the moment, she didn't really know what she wanted. But just letting him walk away felt like loosing to her.

"I'm angry because first you pretend to help me then you tried to kill me and then you helped me all of a sudden, I'm the one that doesn't understand. You say it's all for your sake but it's all just a load of bullshit." She almost screamed watching him as he were walking in the opposit direction. It were like she tried to find something that would make him stay, did she want him to stay? She caught herself thinking about it, no ofcourse she didn't want him to stay. He were a deamon with a weird split personality and she didn't want anything to do with him. Still she tried so hard to keep him there by saying stuff that he maybe would get angry over.

Rilo tensed and paused in his steps for a moment as she yelled after him, but then he resumed. He strode out of sight before vanishing and appearing back in his home once more. Blake scrambled up in surprise from the couch, having not expected him home for a few days. A pretty little wolf girl was on the couch, hurriedly covering herself with a blanket as a deep blush coated her cheeks. Rilo cocked an eyebrow and eyed her, not caring that it made her blush more. "Entertaining guests in my absence?" he mused, and Blake started to stutter out an apology. "Enough," he sighed, holding up a hand and walking off to his bedroom to hurl his bag in the corner. He couldn't get Stella off his mind, what was wrong with him? She was just some stupid human girl.

He took a deep breath to relax, going into the bathroom and showering with water so hot it evaporated before making it to the drain. It was more of a steam bath, but it accomplished the same thing. He was clean, and went out to brush his fangs and dress. New jeans, tshirt, same jacket. He never varied much. This time, however, he didn't bother putting his pendant on. He strode down the hall to the living room and saw Blake and his lady were dressed, talking about something quietly. "Blake," he said simply, and the werewolf boy snarled. He lunged at Rilo, who slammed him hard into the wall. "You broke the rules," he continued on calmly, lashing out at the girl and holding her against the wall by her throat. Blake froze, tears actually glistening in his eyes. "Please! Rilo, please!" he begged. Eying the girl, Rilo dropped her and walked off. "Not worth my time.." he muttered before he vanished, not wanting to admit the real reason was he wasn't sure. He appeared right in front of Stella, forcing her to run into him. "Clumsy," he commented airily.

He kept walking, he didn't even look at her. First when he were gone from her sight she screamed loud to get her anger out. It helped a litle bit and she tried to relax, she just needed to get home and forget that she ever met him. Now she wouldn't need to see that idiots face for two years, but even though it should make her happy she felt more sad about it. Stella almost wanted to hit herself, why were she sad for that? She hated that stupid deamon that confused her like that.

She tried to force herself to stop thinking about Rilo, it was better just to go home. She started to walk towards town, it would take her a couple of hours maybe a bit more. Mostly because she didn't want to walk fast, she could enjoy the walk better if she took her time. Stella didn't notice that she had started to walk faster and saw the town after almost just one hour. This time she could just earn some money and then start walking home in a week.

Suddenly she hit in to something, she fell a bit backwards but she were able to keep standing. As she heard the voice her body froze, why was he there again? She backed some steppes away from him and starred at him. "Why are you here again?" She asked coldly, she really wanted to hit him but to hit a deamon that could kill her maybe wasn't a good idea.

Cocking an eyebrow, he looked down at her and frowned at her question. Apparently she was still upset about something, judging by her tone. He sighed and shrugged, sliding his hands into his pockets as he assumed a relaxed posture. "I'm here because I realized I left you pretty far from town, and that wasn't very wise since you probably can't even fight of an angry infant," he said, grinning for a moment before he shook his head. "Look. You look like you've been through hell and at this rate you won't even reach town by nightfall. I know a place where you can shower, eat, and be safe until you're ready to go home. Plus, it doesn't require all of this mindless walking," he said, looking away from her as he made the offer, keeping his voice distant as if he didn't care about the answer.

His tone sounded so distant, like he didn't care if she said yes or no. So why had he come and offered that? A trap? But if he wanted to kill her he would just do it, there were no reason to do something like this. "Whose fault do you think it is that it looks like I went threw hell?" She asked him turning away her head and putting her arms over her chest. Even though she were angry at him it sounded tempting to not have to walk anymore for the day, but it made her angrier that he told her she were slow.

"I guess you are doing this because of selfishness to, you probably just don't want any other demon feast on me on the way, and it's defenitely not because you want to help me. Because you are so evil and not kind at all." She said putting a lot of irony in her voice, even if she said that it sounded like he were trying to be nice to her he would just deny it. That stupid demon were so childish, not because she were much better.

Rilo rolled his eyes at her idiotic ranting, knowing that she was attempting to insinuate that he was being kind. Since she wasn't paying any attention to him and had turned away from him, he just strolled up behind her and laid a hand on her shoulder. His skin was feverishly hot, but not as much as it had been last night when he was strangling her. The second he made contact, their surroundings changed. No longer where they standing on the road. Now they were in the living room-type area of his cave, softly lit and completely deserted. He smirked - apparently Blake had run off to comfort the were-girl.

"The bathroom is down there, towels are in the closet. Kitchen is over there, fully stocked, but chances are there's more meat than anything else because werewolves are big on meat diets," he said, pointing to each place as he explained it. He strolled over to the couch and flopped down with a yawn, not expecting that she'd have anything to say. Hopefully she'd shut up for once and just he grateful for his glorious hospitality.

He didn't seem to get angry at all at her comments, she got surprised the he didn't say anything and just as she opened her eyes to look at him wondering what he were doing she felt his warm hand on her shoulder. Just as Stella were going to turn around and tell him to get his hand off of her she noticed that the environment around them suddenly changed. It took her breath away, from being outside in the hot desert to getting in to a living room. No it wasn't a living room but it looked a bit like one, it looked like they were in a cave.

He started to explain were the most important things were, even though she didn't listen because of the shock she still got the directions in to her mind. Stella were totaly speachless to what just had happened, Rilo just walked to the couch like this was the most normal thing in the world. She stood at the same place for a litle while before she were able to figuring out what just had happened, she shouldn't be surprised by these kind of things after getting to know that all those creatures excisted, but being teleported to another place were a bit much.

She turned to Rilo who were laying comfortable in the couch. "You forgot to tell me one thing, where is the exit? I'll just walk home." She said, she were stubborn and when she had decided she were angry at someone it took a lot to make her change her mind. She understood that he tried to be nice now even though he wouldn't confess it but he had already made her upset. Actually she were barely upset anymore, she just didn't want to show him that she already had given up on being angry on him just because he showed her some kindness. She realised that she were as childish as he had been the day before.

http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/3cd3b4058996649d6809346ea6bb4384/http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af32/darkfang16/neko%20boys/happyboy.jpg
[It wouldn't let me insert that normally @_@ But that's Blake! xD]

"There is no exit," he replied immediately, then turned to grin at her. "Unless I leave with you, there's no way out of here. I wouldn't suggest running off in to one of the tunnels, either. We're in a volcano and there are some nasty demons running around that you could run into in the dark," he commented, mildly surprised that she hadn't asked why he had werewolf chow in his cupboards. Maybe she was too shocked to really listen. He considered that, then shrugged. If she was having a problem, he didn't care. She was acting ridiculous and he was too comfortable on the couch to bother getting up and slapping her back to her senses.

Blake entered the room and blinked several times, his nose twitching. Human. His eyes fell on the girl standing near the couch, and he had to struggle not to stare. She was gorgeous, but more importantly she was within a hundred feet of Rilo and somehow still alive. He never brought people here unless they were going to be killed, but he could see Rilo just lazing around as if waiting for something. Blake edged up behind the girl in complete silence and poked her in the back, curious to see if she was a real person or just a figment of his imagination.

So he wouldn't let her get out of there before he felt like getting his ass up from the couch, which meant that she maybe would be there for some hours if he would keep being lazy. His grin irritated her, why did he even bother? Did he just want to upset her? Wouldn't it be better for both him and her if he just left her alone? Stella couldn't understand why he even tried to do something for her when she acted like that, she knew exactly how childish she were unlike him who probably couldn't confess it to himself. But he were a demon so what else could she expect?

She tried to think about something to reply with but couldn't come up with anything before someone suddenly poked her on the back. Stella turned around and almost jumped back when she saw a cute boy with wolf ears, he looked younger than her but maybe he were her age. Then realised that he must be some kind of demon thing or some other creature so who knew how old he really were. What surprised her the most were that someone else were in the cave other than Rilo, she had thought of him more as a lonely wolf.

The boy looked a bit curious and maybe even a bit confused. Stella didn't really know if she should say hi and smile or just wait for him to say something, but her instincts made her do the first move. "ehm, hello." She said with nervous voice, it felt realy weird for her standing there and talking to a boy with ears that just had poked her.

Rilo glanced up when Stella greeted somebody, knowing that it had to be Blake. The little wolf boy stared at Stella in shock, then cracked a smile. "Hey," he said, his voice deep enough to betray the fact that he wasn't as young as he looked. He ran a hand through his hair and eyed her, then looked over at Rilo. "I thought you told me the other day that you weren't going to be bringing your meals home anymore. You know I hate having to clean it up," he grumbled, and Rilo laughed. "This one isn't a meal, Blake, she is a guest and you will treat her as such," he replied, then got up and walked off down the hall.

Blake blinked several times, his jaw dropping for a moment before he recovered and turned to Stella. "Well.. uh.. That's odd," he murmured, then shook his head, his left ear twitching. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Blake, like he said," he said, recovering by giving her a smile. "Are you going to be staying long?" he asked, unable to stop his curiosity about the girl who was apparently being let to live to tell the tale of visiting this place.

Stella thought her ears betrayed her when she heard his voice, he didn't sound young at all. The voice almost made her laugh because it was to dark to fit with his appearance but she held the laugh inside her head, but she couldn't help that her mouth started to smile a litle. But the smile disappeard as fast as she heard what the wolf boy said to Rilo, meal? She was pretty certain that she wasn't a meal and shortly after she had thought that Rilo told him that she wasn't. But it meant that he had taken other humans there and eaten them in the cave she were standing in. Or as he said, he sucked their life out because eating them were so disgusting.

Rilo left the room and she were left with the wolf boy, he seemed really surprised because of what Rilo had told him which meant that this behaviour of his couldn't be ordinary at all. His comment told her that her thought were correct. The wolf boy smiled and told her his name. She thought about his question for a bit but didn't really know how to answer, if she got to decide she would already be out of there, but as long as Rilo were going to act lazy like that then she would need to stay for a while.

"Nice to meet you Blake, I'm Stella" She said and returned his smile, she weren't certain if she really thought that it was so nice to meet him. If he had a better attitued than Rilo then she would probably be able to like him. "Honestly speaking I have no idea how long I will be staying, it depends on how long Rilo are going to take before taking me away from here." She told him, showing her dislike to being there in her voice.

Rilo had gone to his own bedroom and shut the door silently, releasing a sigh that he hadn't realized he was holding. Stella clearly wasn't happy about being here, and she probably hated him. Which was what he wanted, of course, since that's what all demons craved - fear and loathing. Why, then, did he feel like he wanted to go apologize? He scowled at his reflection in a mirror and tossed a shirt over it so that he wouldn't have to see himself. The only reason Stella had talked to him in the first place was because he looked human. Now, alone, he let his proper form come out, ears flinching. She never would have dreamed of approaching him had he looked like this sitting at that cafe table. For some reason that bothered him immensely, and he found himself thinking that she was an awful little liar. She claimed to think he was good and had a heart, but then she was filled with nothing but fear the second he changed appearance. Growling with deep inner pain, he slammed his fist into a wall, leaving small cracks in the rock.

Blake glance down the hall, his sensitive ears picking up on the dull thud as Rilo abused the rock. He frowned faintly, then looked back at Stella and nodded with a kind smile. "Well, Rilo can be obnoxious. Chances are it'll be longer the more you gripe about it, honestly. If he knows how bad you want it, he'll hold it just out of reach until you give up, then give it to you," he explained, then chuckled. "Just be thankful you're alive," he added, picking her bag up off the floor and setting it on the couch. He was mildly obsessive about keeping the place clean, but he wouldn't get upset with her about it. "Now then. As you're a visitor and I'm the servant of this place, I'll offer you a few choices. I can make you a meal, which would be great because I'm starving too," he said, pausing to give her a grin before continuing. "Or I can run a bath for you - the tub is magnificent, I think five people could fit in there without a problem. Or, of course, you can just sit on the couch and wait to see if Rilo comes back out any time soon," he finished, clearly amused.

She couldn't help but like Blake, he were the opposit of Rilo, warm and nice. Maybe he just were because Rilo had told him to treat her as a guest but she couldn't even imagine Rilo treating guests that good. "I guess there's no idea to just sit here and being bored, so if you don't mind then I would love getting something to eat. With everything that happened this morning I forgott about eating breakfast." She told him.

She actually liked his company, Blake weren't frightening at all, except that his voice were much deeper than it should be when he looked like that she still felt more comfortable with him than with Rilo. Well Rilo had almost killed her as fast as he turned in to a demon, no one would like someone like that. "Excuse me for asking but, how old are you? You look like a teenager but your voice doesn't sound like one at all." She asked curiously. She wasn't as surprised of his ears as she were of his voice, she had already seen Rilo with ears so that was nothing new anymore. But she couldn't really understand that voice to that body.

http://www.elftown.com/stuff/aj/186786/WEREWOLVES!%20OWWWWWWWWWWW.jpg?jpg=y [-kicks the image thing for still not working-]

Blake laughed and walked to the kitchen, expecting her to follow him. "It's easy to get distracted around Rilo, but you shouldn't let him get to you enough that you don't eat," he chided, rummaging around in the cupboards and pulling out a large group of ingredients. Humming to himself, he nearly missed her question. Luckily he heard it and turned to cock an eyebrow at her as he grinned. "Technically I look like a sixteen year old, and chances are that won't change no matter how old I truly get," he explained, then turned toward her.

His body shuddered and in a few moments he had changed. At first it was innocent, merely a transformation to show her what he truly looked like so she would stop thinking of him as a young kid. Once his eyes had fully changed to the faintly glowing green, however, his mindset snapped. He snarled and lunged at her, not even making it an inch before Rilo stepped in the way and threw Blake to the floor. Rilo hadn't changed back to his human form, and he slashed Blake hard across the belly with his claws. The werewolf yelped and twisted in pain as his form was forced back to the cuter one he had greeted Stella with. Already the slash across his midsection was healing, and he panted as he looked up at the furious Rilo. "R-Rilo, I'm sorry, I was t-thinki-" he started, then fell silent when he took in the look in Rilo's eyes. He stood, holding Blake my the throat with a deceptively calm expression. "Stella, are you alright?" he asked, his eyes never leaving the terrified ones of Blake.