The demons kiss

She nodded and started to walk after him, but her eyes were focused on the werewolf that were lying on the ground. First when she barely could see it anymore she turned her head forward and started to relax a bit. There wasn't really any questions she wanted to have answered at the moment, she would probably get to know everything sooner or later anyways. But there were one question that she could need an answer on before anything else jumped at her and surprised her. "So vampire's excists, and werewolf's and worlacks and demons. Is there anything in the stories that doesn't excist? Like fairies or goblins." She asked, if a goblin attacked her now she would probably get a heartattack.

It was weird that she had all of a sudden just gotten frowned in to a world of magical creatures, she had started out by chasing a demon and then it somehow became much bigger. It was like the world made a hen out of a feather. The cool night breeze calmed her down a lot, it was so comfortable walking during the night instead of the days. The suffocating hot weather would probably kill her one day, she didn't like heat that much. The weather had been much more endurable where she lived with her mother, even though the nights were cold like hell it were a comfortable heat during the days.

((It happens us all sometimes now and then ^^))

"Goblins don't truly exist in the sense that you know them. They're made up of a bunch of different species that like to mess with humans. The legends stem mostly from redcaps and dwarves messing with people, but there are a few other things in that mix that you're better off not knowing about," he said, then smiled a bit. "Fairies exist, yes, but chances are you'll never see one. They're incredibly secretive, even more so than elves, though not quite as much as dragons," he said, pondering thoughtfully for a moment before shrugging. "The boogeyman doesn't exist," he added with a helpful grin, glancing at her to make sure she wasn't going to pass out from the overload of information. Once he was certain that she was alright, he glanced back up at the stars.

"One false myth is the whole fallen angel idea. If you ever see an angel, it's because they came for the specific purpose of hunting you down. Otherwise they don't meddle in the affairs of the world," he said, an invisible shudder running down his back at the thought of the wretched creatures. "There are few things that don't exist in this world, Stella. It's a remarkable and dangerous place," he said after a few minutes of silence. "Perhaps we should devote part of the time spent walking to teaching you how to better defend yourself," he suggested, slowly getting an idea. If she could be turned into a fighter, it would be that much more fun when he got to kill her.

"Elves? Dragoons?" Came out from her mouth as he talked, was there something that didn't excist? Well apparently not the boogeyman, but if she had gotten to choose one that she least thought existed it would probably be that one anyways. The whole thing were really confusing but she were able to take it pretty well anyways. He stopped for a while before starting to talk again. So fallen angels didn't excist but they could come down and if she saw one she would probably get killed, one more thing to stay away from.

"Defend myself? Do you mean fighting against those things? I don't know if you have noticed but I have nothing else than skin and bone on this body, I don't have strenght and my reflexes always make me duck or run instead of defending. I think such a task would be impossible." She said half laughing, he thought she would be able to defend herself and fight? Sure that would be nice but she would never be able to fight anything else than a human, those things would be impossible to fight with.

Rilo chuckled and stopped walking for a moment, turning and looking her all over in an appraising manner. "I believe you're selling yourself short. One doesn't have to be bulging with muscles to have fighting skill. In fact, being small provides greater flexibility and therefore creates a greater threat. If your opponent can't catch you, they can't harm you," he disagreed, then grinned a bit. "If you're interested, I'll teach you. If not, then I hope you're a very fast runner," he added, then turned and continued to walk on down the road as the stars lit the way.

Soon they reached a place where he veered off of the road and came to a place set in a tiny valley, hidden from view and sheltered from the wind if any stirred up. He tossed his bag down to the ground and stretched out, his white shirt riding up slightly and exposing the edge of one of his many tribal tattoos that graced his body. "Contrary to popular belief, lighting a fire isn't like lighting a beacon for demons to find you. In fact, many are afraid of the flames," he said, gathering some scattered wood and pulling a match from his bag. Once he had a small pit cleared, he started a small fire and glanced at her, curious to see how she was doing.

Stella really though he were joking first but then realised that he were serious about it, how could someone like her ever be able to fight off something as frightening as a werewolf or demon or anything like that? She were a weak girl. Maybe she underestimated herself but he probably thought to highly of her ability to do things. But it would be bad if she always would depend on herself being able to run away, if she would get in to a situation were she couldn't run away then she would need to be able to defense herself. If she couldn't then maybe she would get killed by those creatures. Well she would be killed by one some day but still, she didn't want it to happen to early. She needed to live as long as she could.

She didn't answer him she just nodded and decided to think about it and tell him later if she would accept his offer or not. It didn't take long before they reached the place where they would be resting for the night. Rilo threw away his bag at the same time as Stella put her bag carefully down on the ground and started to take out a bottle with water to take a sip. It was just by chance that she noticed Rilo's tattoo when he stretched and his shirt went up. She had never thought about getting a tattoo herself but she often liked looking at people that had them, it looked so exotic on some people.

He started a small fire and told her about that demons were really afraid of fire, well many of them but maybe not all. "But didn't demons come from really warm places? Wouldn't that make them wanting to come to everything that's warm?" She asked him.

Considering her question, he tried to decide the best way to answer. In truth, it was a good thing to ask, but the response necessary wasn't really easy to understand. "It's complicated," he finally admitted. "Heat and open flames are two very different things. For example, sunning yourself on a beach feels nice, but laying on top of a fire would probably hurt a bit. Right?" he said, chuckling and trying to figure out how to explain it better. "Demons are very powerful creatures, but they're also very aware of their own mortality. Only the weak ones are stupid enough to believe that they're invincible, and it's important that you remember that, Stella. Every demon can die. You just have to know how to do it," he said, looking away so that he could regain control of his expression for a moment.

He fell silent as he sat down near the fire and relaxed in the delicious heat, tugging his bag over to him and rummaging in it for a moment. It wasn't impossible for him to eat 'normal' food, and he had to keep up appearances. He pulled out an apple and polished it on his shirt, glancing back at Stella. "So I assume the reason that you're hunting this demon down is to kill it, since demons aren't good for anything but target practice," he said casually, then paused and cocked an eyebrow. "But that does seem kind of rude since you said he saved your life. Is slaying the thing really what you're after or is it something else?" he asked, half asking her and half musing to himself. He had assumed that was why, but he was now realizing that she didn't seem angry or even anxious, other than about the whole myths-are-real business.

Stella felt a bit stupid when she heard his explanation, when she thought about demons she imagined them being in some kind of hell with fires all around them. He would probably laugh if he heard that theory of hers so she decided to shut up about it. Rilo went to sit down by the fire but she didn't want to get that close to it. Even though nights were a really cold in comparision to the days it was still pretty warm outside, she didn't need to become warmer. Maybe he was used to the heat and didn't like the temperature when it was night, she was the opposit, she didn't like the day heat at all.

His question weren't surprising at all, she had thought a couple of time that he would ask her sometime about what she wanted to do when she found the demon. If she just told him that she needed to thank the demon then he would think her travel would be really stupid, but if she told him that she were going to ask him for some more years then she would need to explain that she were going to get killed when she were eighteen. She thought for a moment before she could answer him, it was better to tell him the whole truth. But to tell a demon hunter that she were going to thank a demon didn't seem to be a good idea, maybe he would want to kill the demon. But she decided to tell him anyways.

"Well I didn't tell you the whole story, the demon made a contract with my mom that he would save my life if he got to eat me when I became eighteen. I got to know about it some month ago and I thought that if I could find the demon then I maybe could ask him for some extra years. Even if he can't give it to me I at least wants to thank him for giving me life, even though it is a short life it's better than not living at all. Maybe you think it's a stupid reason to waste time and search after someone and then maybe won't be able to gain anything from it, but it feels like it's something I need to do." She said wondering if he would understand her reasons. She didn't mind dying but if she could get a litle more time then she could do more. If she couldn't then she just had to enjoy the last time she had as much as she could.

Rilo leaned back as he waited for her explanation, probably more curious than he should have been. Well, it would only be natural for a demon-hunting warlock to want to know, right? He watched her closely as she seemed to be having an internal debate, retreating in to his own thoughts as he waited. This girl was so strange. She was quiet and thoughtful, not mention completely helpless. Yet despite all that, she was in search of a demon with a guy she didn't really know anything about. He broke his thought train off as she began to speak, cocking an eyebrow when she admitted to withholding information. So, she was honest too - eventually. He remained silent as she told him all about the contract, though twice he was very sorely tempted to interrupt. The first because there was something she had wrong, which he obviously wasn't supposed to know; the second because she was utterly insane.

"So, you were cursed by a demon as a child to die on your eighteenth birthday, and now you're searching for him to both beg and thank him," he summarized, internally stunned. She wanted to.. thank him? For promising her mother that her darling daughter would end up dead before her adult life truly began? If he remembered correctly, he had said it in the most menacing way possible, and likely scared the woman to tears. A short life is better than not living at all. Well, that was debatable. Hadn't she been born dead already? She wouldn't have remembered anything and chances were that she hadn't been in pain when she passed. Now she had nothing to look forward to except a drawn-out torture that would leave her screaming for the sweet release that only death would provide.

It bothered him.

"You do know that this demon has no reason to not rip you apart upon sight, right? Just because he said he wouldn't come for you until you were eighteen doesn't mean that he won't take advantage of you seeking him out before that. If you go to him instead of waiting for him to come to you, he can decide that he doesn't want to wait. He's a demon, there's no reason to stay loyal to some spoken contract from sixteen years ago," he argued, frowning.

She didn't like it at all that he called it a curse, she saw it more as a blessing. She wouldn't even have the chance to experience life if that demon hadn't saved her. She had lived a healthy life and never been sick, she had seen a lot of amazing things that the most people would never experience, she had met interesting people that most people wouldn't even imagine could excist. Without the demon she would never have been able to experience all that, so she were really thankfull to him.

"If he wants my life earlier then he'll get it, it belongs to him after all. I weren't supposed to have a life to begin with. But he saved me once and I really think he is gentle, if he weren't then I wouldn't be alive today. I don't think it's a curse at all, it would have been a curse not to get to live at all. I don't know if I will be able to get a longer life or live to eighteen or maybe die when I find him but thanks to him I at least got to live for a while." She said with a small smile, she didn't want to die but that demon had given her life which meant he were the only one that had the right to take if away from her.

As Stella defended herself and argued with him, Rilo found himself shocked over and over again. At one point he actually chuckled and shook his head. "Gentle? Stella, when you've met as many demons as I have, you realize that there is no such thing for their species. The only reason any demon does something is for their own benefit, whether it's immediate or years down the road. They are cruel, selfish, dark creatures that work for nobody but themselves," he replied, pausing after. What was it he was feeling? Guilt? Sorrow? Frustration? A strange cocktail of all of those? For decades he had been cut off from such useless emotions, but it seemed that speaking with this girl was bringing it all back to the surface. He despised it. How could he take over weak demons when she was making him feel exposed?

"I'll be right back," he said, standing and dusting himself off as he put on the pretense of needing to relieve himself. He glanced around to make sure they were alone, then strolled off until he was just out of sight. Standing there by himself, he pulled out the pure black pendant from under his shirt and debated removing it. He'd likely kill her if he did, but that didn't matter. She was just some girl who apparently had a death wish - and after all he had done to save her too. Ungrateful. He frowned and tucked it back into his tshirt, shoving his hands in the pockets of his jeans. It was cold, so cold. He couldn't take it any longer, he was shivering. Turning back around, he walked back over and took his seat back as though nothing had happened. "So, how many years are you hoping for?" he asked, taking up the conversation with casual ease.

The way he were talking about them almost made her angry, they couldn't all be evil, there must be some of them that were a bit nice. Maybe the demon she had met when she were a baby were different from the others, whatever he said she wouldn't stop believing that. Even if the demon killed her she wouldn't stop believing that he had some good sides. Rilo rose from his seat and told her that he would be right back. She understood without him explaining what he were going to do, humans had their needs after all.

She sat alone for a while a bit away from the fire, even though she didn't get close to the fire she still were mesmerized by it. She starred in to it thinking about how the flames almost danced. Sighting a bit she laid down on the sand thinking about her meeting with the demon. It could turn out in so many ways, maybe she would get killed before even get the chance to talk to him. Maybe she would be able to talk to him and get a longer life. Maybe she would be able to talk to him but he wouldn't listen at all or accept her gratitude for him saving her but not giving her any longer life.

Her thoughts got interrupted as Rilo came back, she sat up again and looked at him thinking about his question. She had no idea, deep in her mind she didn't even think she would get any years so she didn't think about how many years she wanted. If he would agree then she would take any amount of years that he would offer to her. "I guess I haven't thought about that at all, I would be grateful for any amount he would give me. I don't even expect that I will get any extra years, but I can at least try to ask if I'm going to find him anyways. When I started my journey I actually just wanted to thank him, then I thought after some weeks that I maybe should take the chance to ask him at the same time."

At this point he had to actually focus on not arguing with her. A very, very large part of him was yelling at him to drop the facade and let her know just who she was haivng this discussion with. It would be so wonderful, to see her reaction to him changing before her very eyes. To stalk over to her nice and slow, maybe pin her down against the sand to feel her terrified pulse through her skin. He fantasised about destroying her hopes and ripping her to pieces - but wait, no, she felt he was entitled to do that. Perhaps that meant he was entitled to other things as well. She had basically said that he owned her, hadn't she? Perhaps he could make her regret that with a nice dose of torture, days upon days of pain with no real goal in mind other than to make her lose whatever sanity she had.

He got lost in his destructive thoughts for a long moment, a lazy smile on his lips until his mind turned down a different path. What if she was right and he was getting soft? There was nothing redeemable about his personality, he knew that. Everything that he had just told her about demons was one hundred percent accurate. They were good for nothing but destruction and mayhem. He enjoyed doing what he was created for - hell, hadn't he just been daydreaming about murdering the sweet little girl in front of him? Yet he couldn't shake the feeling, the tiny feeling way in the back of his mind that when it came down to it, he might not want to kill her. What if he hesitated? That would be horrifying. He decided right then and there to stop getting close to this girl, shutting down his emotions hard and putting up mental walls with a silent slam.

"If you say so," was all he said, his tone slightly cooler than before as he gave up the argument without a fight. He tossed the finished apple core into the fire and picked up his bag. "I'm going to go keep watch. Rest while you can," he said, standing and brushing himself off before walking a few yards away and sitting back down, his body turned away from hers as he scanned the dark landscape.

All of a sudden he became almost rejective, instead of arguing about why she shouldn't do such a thing or about how evil demons were he just turned away. Were he tired and didn't want to disguss these things now? Maybe he didn't like the things that she thought about demons, that she thought that some could be nice towards humans. He chased after demons after all so it wouldn't be surprising if he hated them so much he could never think anything else about them. Maybe she had hurtened his pride or something like that. After all he were a demon hunter and seemed to hate them and then a girl came to ask him if he could help her find a demon, she wouldn't even kill the demon just find him and thank him for giving her life. Rilo probably didn't like the way she thought about it, he probably would have liked it better if she wanted to kill the demon to save her own life.

It was to late now, she couldn't take back her words and even if she could she wouldn't lie to him so that he would like her better. The truth could be frightening or weird but it was better than telling a bad lie of something she didn't believe in herself. She took up a piece of bread from her bag and eat a bit from it while keeping her eyes on Rilo. Could she make him understand her way of thinking? It would be weird if they traveled together even if it were for just one week and they wouldn't even be able to communicate with eachother because of this.

"I'm sorry if I said something you didn't like, I can't change the way I see things just as I can't change the way you see things. I just hope I didn't offend you in any way." She said a bit worried about his sudden coldness. Before he had talked nicely and smiled a lot to her, then he had argumented against what she thought about demons and now he barely showed emotions at all towards her, she must have hurtened him somehow even if she wasn't certain exactly why he thought it was such a big deal.

It had been over twenty years since he lost control, but when Stella approached him, he snapped. He couldn't take it anymore. She was too damned nice and he was sick of acting like the nice, protective guy that actually cared. In a flash he was standing and had grabbed her by the throat, pinning her to the smooth side of the large boulder he had been leaning against until that moment. He snarled at her, the pendant laying useless on the sand as his eyes glowed a violent shade of red. The large wolf ears that he had been hiding were now all too obvious, as well as a radiating heat from his body that would scorch her if he held her too long. His sharpened fangs glinted in the moonlight as he glared down at her, breathing heavily as though restraining himself from snapping her neck. He kept his stance defensive, one hand free and curled slightly, half hiding the pointed claws on the tips of his fingers as he prepared to lash out at her if she should dare to do more than breathe.

"Congratulations, Stella, you found the beastie," he growled at her, his voice deeper than before but not necessarily unpleasant to hear. "You are nothing but a foolish child, too naive and sweet for her own good. You apologize for things that are not your fault and refuse to hold grudges that you are perfectly entitled to. You refuse to see the truth before you no matter how horrid, and you seem to think that there is a single shred of humanity in a demon," he accused, then chuckled darkly. "Allow me to burst your bubble for you. The only reason I have helped you to survive this long is because I didn't want to be robbed the distinct pleasure of killing you myself. Asael was a friend, but he wanted to slit your throat. I couldn't risk that," he explained with a chilling calm, tightening his hold on her throat even though he knew that his claws were likely digging in to her skin at this point. He simply didn't care, she had pushed him beyond any reasonable limit.

Stella wasn't prepared at all on what Rilo were going to do, she thought that the worst thing that could happen would be that he would leave her. But suddenly he took a grip around her throat and pinned her to the boulder, her eyes opened wide as his eyes changed from green in to red and large wolf ears appeard on his head. His body started to get much warmer and almost burned her throat, he arms flew up to the arm he was helding her throat with and she tried to make him let go but weren't able to. Her body stiffened and she barely dared to move, she felt how his nails or maybe it was claws, cut in to her throat.

As he spoke his voice had changed and become deeper, he still spoke of demons as monster. She realised that she probably wouldn't survive this encounter with the deamon, but it didn't matter, she had met him and now she were going to tell him exactly what she thought about his arguments. She would die anyways so she had nothing to loose.

"I don't believe you" She said having a hard time speaking with his hand so tightly around her throat. "If you really didn't have any kind of feeling inside of you then you wouldn't have saved me when I were born and you could have just left me after you had saved me from the deamon." It was probably a bad idea to argue against a deamon that were this angry but she didn't see any way to get saved now. He had probably already planned to kill her when he started to travel with her. She were afraid but she wouldn't let her fear take over.

Rilo slashed at Stella's arm with barely a thought, his claws slicing through her soft skin like butter. As the scent of her blood filled the air, his eyes glowed a more brilliant shade of red and he tensed further. He craved her worse than he had ever craved the taste of a human before, yet he forced himself to listen as she spoke about his 'kindness'. Blinking once, he chuckled, flashing his fangs at her. "The feeling that I had when I saved you was not kindness. It was not love, nor generosity, nor a general warm and fuzzy feeling for all of mankind. It was a selfish, cruel desire. If I had allowed you to remain stillborn, you would have been nothing to me. I would have been robbed of the pleasure of killing you, of stealing your life away before you hit the years that actually matter. If I had not saved you then, I would have just found another victim. You aren't the only one I saved, Stella. There are dozens, some that have already met their death, and some that live on with no idea that their life has an expiration date," he growled at her, releasing his grip on her throat just slightly since he didn't want her passing out yet.

He suddenly dropped her and stepped back a little, eying her fragile form with hungry eyes. She could never outrun him and nobody would hear her if she started screaming, so there was no reason not to let her go. The temptation to strangle her was threatening to outweigh his good senses and destroy everything he had waited for. He crossed his arms and tapped the claws of one hand against the biceps of the other, making a steady rhythm of soft thuds as he considered what to do with her next. "You're right, Stella," he said suddenly, a wicked grin curving his lips. "I could have left you after I saved you from Asael. In fact, I tried to. You're the one who chased me down and pleaded for help from the knowledgeable stranger," he reminded her, then chuckled. "I was much too kind to decline the opportunity to get you alone, away from witnesses," he added, putting a mocking emphasis on the word 'kind'.

It became harder to breath and she felt how her throat almost burned from his warm hands, he obviously became irritated at her words because he sliced her arm. Because of the hard presure on her throat she weren't able to scream or talk anymore, she needed to try breathing. Even though she were in so much pain she forced herself to listen to every word he said, forced herself to try understanding it. She didn't believe what he was telling her, he tried to hard to convince her that he were nothing else than pure evil. If he really thought he were then he wouldn't need to proove it and he would probably just kill her without a word. It was a childish behaviour of prooving that he were something else.

Suddenly he let go of her and she fell down coughing on the ground trying to make up for the lack of oxygen. She couldn't deny that she weren't afraid because she were, a hand went up to her throat as she were catching her breath. Stella looked up at him as he started to speak again, a wicked grin was on his lips which made her even more scared. "So you have to proove to me how evil you are before you kill me? Does it bother you so much that I think that you have a kind side?" She asked glaring at him, trying not to show any fear. He would be way to satisfied if he knew how frightened she were at the moment.

Her body trembled and she didn't know if it was because of the pain or because she was scared, at the moment she could just hope that the only thing he wanted were to frighten her and then stick to the contract and come back in two years. But she had already prepared herself to get killed right there at that time, she wouldn't beg him to stop, she wouldn't cry, she would just watch it happen. She were to proud to go back on her word that her life were something he would decide over, or that he had a kind side even though he hid it something deep inside of himself. Even though the he that he were now were frightening he still had a side that wanted to save her once, maybe she were naive but she couldn't stop believing in that.

"If you want to kill me then do so, you gave me life you have right to take it from me. But you don't own my body or mind, whatever you say or do won't make me do or think as you want me to. If you want me to think of you as evil then you failed the moment you gave my life to me." She told him and had a feeling she would soon get killed because of it. He didn't seem to have any patient or will to argue which meant that she wouldn't have much time left before this would be over, before he killed her. The only question were if he would do it slowly and make her suffer or if he would do it fast.

His chuckle faded as she began to further question him. Of course he didn't feel the need to prove his evilness to her, he thought with a scowl. "There is no kind side," he snapped, striding over to her and picking her up by the front of her shirt. He threw her on the rock on her back, one hand pressed against her belly to hold her in place. "Having a 'kind side' is having a weakness. Demons kill each other just as much as we kill you humans. Acting like some stupid gentle thing would result in death, likely immediately. I've ripped apart many demons trying to pretend to be 'nice'. I would never be so stupid as to care," he went on, then realized he shouldn't be saying so much. He was defending himself, all because of some stupid thing that she had said.

As she said that he failed, he blinked and chuckled a bit. "You really are stupid," he growled, pulling her to sit up and tugging her closer to him. He eyed her neck hungrily but held himself back, almost enjoying the playing around with her. "You lied to me earlier. It wasn't an intentional lie, but it was a lie all the same. I'm not going to eat you. That's just disgusting. What I'll do is put my fangs in that pretty little neck of yours and suck out your life. At first you may fight, but your body will grow weak and die," he explained, his hand sliding up to get a tight grip in her hair as he spoke. He ran his lips over the skin of her neck, dangerously close to losing control when he felt her erratic pulse. "You tell me I can kill you, but you're terrified.." he pointed out, amused.

She had him riled up to the point that he couldn't think past his hunger, but then something changed. The wind shifted, carrying the scent of a threat. He released her and turned, snarling as he saw somebody walking up to them. The brother of the werewolf he had slain earlier. Without hesitation they leapt at each other, but the other man didn't stand a chance against the hungry fury of Rilo. He sank his long fangs into the mans neck and began to suck out a silvery glitter substance that came out, mixed with a small trickle of blood. The fluid poured down his throat and the man spasmed, dying slowly as he begged for mercy. When Rilo was done, he dropped the dead body and licked his lips clean. His ears and fangs were gone, his eyes pale green again as he turned back to Stella silently.

He threw her around and took her however he wanted to do, there were no chance for her to stop him from doing as he pleased. He kept defending himself, did he even realise it? It would have felt so much better if he just killed her but instead it became slow, she were almost thinking about just shutting up, if he didn't hear her talk then he wouldn't have something to say to her and then he would probably eat her.

"You lied to me earlier." Lied? She hadn't lied about anything, she hadn't told him the whole truth in the begining but she couldn't remember lying. As he spoke she became more terrified, he wouldn't eat her, he would suck the life out of her. He were right, she were terrified. She didn't want to die, she wanted to live longer but she knew that this would be it, it would soon be over and she would have to go to the world she should have traveled to already at birth. She was shaking as Rilo were close to her throat, she could feel his breath. Soon it would be over, would it be painful? She didn't even bother to try pushing him away, nothing would change because she resisted, he would just be more amused of it.

Then she suddenly got released, she fell to the ground and weren't able to rise, her legs couldn't stop shaking and even if she had been able to move where would she go? He would be able to get to her in no time, even if she were able to get to a town it wouldn't be hard for him to come after her and kill her. If there would be some witnesses then he would probably kill them to. Could it be that he really were all evil? No, there must be something good but she would probably never get to see it, she would die before he would show it to her.

Stella sat on the ground and starred down in to the sand, she heard some kind of fight but it was fast over, then someone begged for mercy. She didn't dare to see what was happening, it was probably a bloody scene. When the noises were completely gone she slowly turned her head towards him. His ears were gone and his eyes were once again green, also there were no signs of his fangs. Her hand were holding on the hurtened arm that Rilo had cutted before, the wound had stopped bleeding just a moment ago. "What now? Are you going to kill me too?" She asked him, glarring in to his eyes. Even though he knew exactly how frightened she were she wouldn't let him get the pleasure to see it when he killed her.

"No," he said simply, walking over to her and scooping her up. He carried her back to their little campsite and sat down, plopping her down in front of him. Sliding his hand down her arm, he forced the scratches to close further, keeping them from accidentally opening. "There is no point to kill you now. I'm full, and I wouldn't enjoy it as much," he explained, then released her and stood back up. His body ached from fighting so much in one day, but he refused to show his exhaustion to this irritating human. Instead, he turned away from her.

"Get some rest," he said quietly, going back over to the place he had sat before to keep watch. The spot was tainted now with the scent of her blood, but he ignored it, pulling a small block of wood from his bag. After rummaging around a bit, he pulled out a small dagger as well and began to get to work carving it. He let his mind wander as he whittled away at the block, frustrated that Stella was really starting to get to him. That man showing up had actually been perfect timing - he hadn't been sure if he'd be able to kill her or not. Not that he would -ever- tell her that, of course. He sighed and leaned back, wondering if she would sleep.

[Small :c]