The Demon and the Angel

• Thread starter thegothicbeauty
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arissa didn't have time to react as she saw the demon charge her. She tried to use her wings to shield herself, but the spear the man used went through one of them and pierced her side causing her to scream before she fell to the ground. She could feel the blood flowing on her wing and dying the white feathers red even as the wound at her side bled heavily. She thought it was an ironic way for her to die being attacked by a different demon then the one that currently held her captive.

As she started to pass out she felt someone bandaging her wound and picking her up before she was placed on something soft. She could only think of one person and as she looked up to see his face, she lost consciousness. Virgil was trying to help her but why? Was it because he didn't want her to die from a different demon or did he have another reason behind it? She didn't know for sure only that she was a bit confused by his actions and unsure of what he really wanted.

When she regained consciousness it was only for a brief amount of time. She could see that she had been brought to his room, which meant that she was on his bed. She didn't know any demon that would do something like this and she was confused. She wanted to ask why he was doing this, it would have been easier to let her just die now, but he had killed a fellow demon to protect her.

"Dammit all! I've really got to be more strict about these things..." Virgil thought to himself, he quickly moved towards the main room, heading towards the tinnel to the front of the exit; it was where he grew any vegetation he could, some was food as he wasn't too keen on dining on raw meat like most other demons, though the rest was alot more valuable as they were various herbs... Or at least as many variations as he could find in hell, which isn't too much. He quickly walked in and gathered a few herbs that he had found eases pain. He reached for a stone bowl, one of the many he had laying around this area for his own convenience and went over to the front of a room where a small fountain of water was constantly spewing out, the steam rising from the pool it had formed told any observers just how hot the water is. He filled the bowl with water from the fountain; it was crystal clear, something that seemed out of place down in hell, though quite obviously it was from the unnaturally high temperatures the water was at, probably since it was next to one of the many magma pools. He placed the herbs that would ease pain in the bowl of hot water, he found out it makes ingesting the effects of the herbs easier, the incident was an accident that he was glad happened. Waiting for a bit so the water in the bowl would cool down enough, he carefully brought it over to where the angel was, setting it down on the ground to the side of the door once he realized the angel was still unconscious. Sitting down on the other end of the bed giving the unconscious angel a small glance, he wondered why he was doing all this for her, though he himself couldn't quite think of an answer...

Arissa could hear him moving around and when her eyes did open up fully she saw him sitting on the bed and near her. She tried to sit up but winced and couldn't actually move without feeling pain. She wouldn't be flying anytime soon she was sure of it. As she looked at Virgil she saw the bowl that he had brought in and while it smelled like medical herbs she wasn't sure she should really trust it.

"Why are you doing this for me? You protected me and killed that other demon." Maybe they were possessive and since Virgil had kept her to himself for so long, he might have thought of her as his. Having another demon attack her probably set of some kind of territory thing in the man. "Thank you... If you hadn't stopped him, I doubt I would be talking with you right now."

"It's nothing." Virigl said gruffly, despite knowing full well that wasn't true, he walked over to the bowl he had set down near the door, and picked it up not surprised that it was still warm. Carefully walking over to Arissa holding onto the bowl, and offered it to her. "Helps the pain." He said, his voice a little gentler than it usually was, even that minescule change in tone felt strange for him since speaking with demons rarely if ever required any tone of voice that didn't sound menacing. Seeing that Arissa had looked at the bowl uncertaintly though, he wasn't entirely sure if she'd be willing to drink it.

Arissa could tell that there was something different about him but she wasn't sure just what it was yet. She was pretty sure that he had been protecting her for some reason, but she didn't know why yet and she wanted to know. She took the bowl of water he offered her and took a sip. When nothing happened she drank a bit more of it until she realized that she didn't hurt as much anymore. Normally she would heal, but since she had been attacked by a demon she didn't heal the same way.

"Thank you, this is helping. I am sorry that this caused you problems." She said softly her green eyes looking into his for a moment before she looked away. He was much kinder then a demon should be. Was he something else before he became a demon? She wanted to ask, but she didn't think that she could and it wasn't really her place to ask him.

"He decided to intrude, and payed the price." Virgil said matter of factly, then his eyes made contact with hers briefly before she looked away, and he blushed a little realizing her eyes looked quite... Enchanting "What's worng with me?!" He thought to himself, shaking his head and regaining the emotionless look he usually had on his face. Observing Arissa again, she looked like she wanted to ask something, but she seemed to be holding back from asking for some reason, usually a demon would just state his/her question, often times rather aggresively. Then again, she was an angel, so perhaps they had different customs "Did you... Want to ask me something?" He said, his tone was still a little harsh, though it was considerably softer, especially to his standards.

"Still, he was one of your kind, I wouldn't think it would be easy to do something like that. I don't think I ever could do something like that unless it was to protect someone I cared for." She said softly before she looked at him once more. There was something that seemed a bit kinder then she remembered, but perhaps he was just being kind to put her at ease, which itself was nice of him.

"I just thought, you seem kinder then the other demons, you don't seem to be like them. This probably isn't easy for you to take care of someone like me. Normally your kind, well they kill angels any chance they can get. I don't understand why you didn't." She said after a moment not asking her actual question. She didn't think that she could ask him anyways, it was too personal and she didn't want to upset him when he was probably trying hard to make her more comfortable if only so that she could heal properly.

"I should go back to my own bed though, I don't want to make you sleep somewhere else just because I am hurt. Ill be alright in a few days Im sure of it." Okay so she wasn't sure how long it would take to heal, but she couldn't force him out of his own bed. She tried to get up again and with the use of her good wing was able to stand though it was hard for her to do so. She was being stubborn again, but it wasn't her room and she wasn't going to put him out.

"You don't have to, you need rest." Virgil told her firmly, a bit clueless where that came from. He thought about her statement about him earlier, there was a reason for that, however he wasn't completely sure if he trusted her with the answer... He was silent for a moment debating what he should tell her, eventually coming to a conclusion "Do you want to know why I seem different?" he asked her, and instead of waiting for an answer, he let out a small sigh. Then he appeared to grab hold on his right wing, and pulled on it. The fabric that had covered the wing making it look more demonic came off revealing what looked almost like an angels wing, but it's feathers were a dark shade of black, resembling ones from a crow. Virgil wondered what she would think of him now...

She still tried to move until he told her to rest at which point she surprisingly just sat back down and looked at him for a moment. So he knew what she was thinking about him being different then the other demons. When he removed the covering on his wing she was surprised. He had an angel wing but it was black. Was he half angel then? It was a bit of a surprise to her and she had heard of demons and angels having children but it was rare from what she had heard.

"You are half angel then? Did you bring me here to learn more about one of your parents?" She was more confused now then she had been before, but she wasn't sure what to do or say. "If you think I am afraid or would judge you, that isn't the case. Everyone changes for a reason, you still have kindness in you, or you wouldn't have done the things you did for me." She said softly before she reached out a hand and placed it on his for a moment. "I don't know why you shared this with me or why you have kept me alive, but thank you."

Last edited by a moderator:
When Arissa placed a hand on his briefly, it sent a jolt up his arm it was something he didn't expected... He had never had anyone do something like that to him before... "I'm a halfbreed." he told her bluntly "The demon blood flowing within me traps me here... Not to mention my appearance." He explained, his voice grew quiet and sounded strained "I kept you alive because... Because I didn't want to be like the other demons... Desperately craving for the pain and suffering of others is just... Not in my tastes." What he didn't say was that unlike most other demons, he draws power from his own anger rather than the pain and suffering of others... Perhaps he once drew powers from elsewhere, but it was long lost to him now, a fragment of his forgotten past. Though what Arissa said seemed to calm him, giving him a strange feeling in his heart, one that he couldn't find the words to explain...

"You didn't have to stop the other demons but you did. That itself shows me that you are different then them, kinder more humane. She said softly still watching him. She could tell that he was thinking about something but she didn't ask. If he wanted to he would tell her if he wished to share. "Your blood doesn't keep you here, not really, you can leave, full demons have left before, how else would I have ended up here after all. I believe that since you are a kind person, you don't have to be surrounded by demons if you do not wish to be. Angels can hide their wings, Im sure that you can do the same given time and practice." She said after a moment showing that it could be done by 'pulling' her wings into her body. It was a bit painful thanks to her injury, but it was easily done since she had learned how to as a child.

Virgil thought about it for a moment his fists were clenched again, he looked as if he was debating with himself about something... "I can't go anywhere else.... My anger is too dangerous to be anywhere else..." He had been living down here, in this god forsaken place for who knows how long because of it, until he had found Arissa, he'd almost completely forgotten about feelings other than anger. It's what had given him the strength to become a leader of this particular group of demons, though he just never truly felt at home here, in this mass of demons yearning for nothing but the pain and suffering of others. They were utter animals, and he tried his best to avoid them whenever he could, his home was made for just that, dreaming of the day he could finally keep his seemingly endless bursts of anger at bay.

"Yet you have controlled that anger the entire time I have been here. Im sure my stubbornness got to you a few times but you didn't do anything. That shows that you are not just your emotions. You can be more then that, then this." She said motioning to the cave that they were in. She could sense it in him, though it was up to him to figure it out for himself and do something about it. "Your not the only one that gets angry either, so do angels. Where do you thing thunderstorms come from?" She asked after a moment. Sure some of it was just due to the weather, but other times it was from an angel that had gotten upset about something. Those times usually happened when the lightening struck in the air but didn't hit anything else.

"You just have to find something else to focus on instead of your anger." She said softly before she looked away again. She wasn't sure why she was saying any of this to him, but he should be given a chance and not cast into this place just because he was part demon.

Arissa was right... He had been surprisingly calmer when he was around her, perhaps he'd try her suggestion; it was better than nothing after all. Though that would come later "I'll... Try your suggestion, but first of all; you still need to heal... I don't think we can do anything just yet with you still injured..." He said his voice becoming firm again, but not in a harsh way this time around, he figured it wouldn't hurt waiting here for a few days, plus, he needed to learn how to retract his wing, and figure out a way to make his horns less noticeable. It would also be favorable to figure out a way to keep his anger in check, and perhaps even find who his parents were...

Status
Not open for further replies.