The Deep End

Imagine his surprise as she caught onto him faster than most, yes this girl deserved a good deal of credit and the way he grinned certainly showed that he wasn't going to deny it either. Rather he made a theatrical wave with his hand as if he might bow. "One in the same, and Arc please. Too formal for my liking just about as much as I hate the name Archie." With one great push he stood up from his chair making a face, "It almost grates my skin but I enjoy my teasing and watching staff. It makes it very easy to figure out whom might be trying to scheme up something and who might be trying to figure out all my secrets."

Pinching off the buttons of his jacket so it could fall open, his hands tucked formally into his pockets. Straightening up to his full height looking down at the girl letting the hues of his eyes move upon her, "Don't worry about Isadora, she won't be your first concern. I haven't told her or rather had James inform her that your duties will be with that of my own, so you won't deal with her long or much."

Bending at his waist so he could look her in the eye, the man offered a very sharp grin; "Tell me Seraphine; what do you want to really accomplish out of this job? You know who I am so you might as well humour an old imp. Let's really see how much you can figure about me that no one else has."

Seraphine gave a small smile at his mention of hating his fake name. Then, when she heard about his reasoning, the kitsune nodded slightly in understanding. She supposed that was a decent reasoning. Remaining quiet as she continued the clothes, she made a neat stack of the shirts, jackets, and pants, being sure to make them separate. When she finished folding, she looked at him and frowned ever so slightly. "Since the hell demon refuses to show me around, where do these go?" She asked softly as she motioned towards the clothes.

Hearing that she wouldn't have to deal with Isadora for very long, if at all, she broke out into a wide smile as she glanced in the direction she had stormed off in. "Thank god," she murmured softly underneath her breath before laying her ears back so they were close to her head. "So James did know...I thought so but I didn't want to say anything that would just cause me to embarrass myself."

When he bend over and grinned sharply at her, she not only felt as short as she was, but she began to get nervous as well. She listened to him speak, never taking her eyes from his as she began to think. "As far as the job, I wanted to get out of that place and I'm just here to work. Nothing more, nothing less. I do what I'm told, attitude or not. When it comes to figuring out things about you that no one else knows, I'm not going to. It's not my place to know and if you wanted me to know, you would tell me yourself. My place is to work, not play guessing games, Sir," she said with a small shrug, silently hoping like hell she didn't just lose her job.

"Just leave them there," An off handed gesture moved to that of the countertop. As she spoke and the grin assailed upon her face, it was clear that this one didn't enjoy having any sort of overbearing presence upon her. Not that he could disregard that, anyone would be quite miffed to have barely twenty minutes into their new position only to be assaulted by a gremlin.

Drawing back side stepping around the kitsune as she began to rattle off about what she wanted, his brows lifted into his hairline. "I can see that you've been structured delicately. Fit to form into whatever role it is you are placed in but don't seem to think to freely should you not need too." Arc hummed tipping his head one way then the other before he produced a key from his inner breast pocket; "Here. If you wish to just work then there are things on the main floor that require tidying up. You'll be the only one allowed up there besides that of James;" Whatever sort of chipper demeanour he had prior began to dissipate. Once she took the invitation the man barely gave her a final look, "I'll have a list made out of what will be required of you. So you know what is to be expected, until then;" Vibrant green peered across his shoulder, "The house is yours for mingling. You'll find your way around then,"

Seraphine glanced over at the counter where he had gestures and nodded briefly. Picking the clothes up, she carefully carried them over and set them down nearly as to not disturb the stacks. She returned to the chair she had been setting them and quickly fluffed the pillows once more before looking carefully at Arc. Noticing him studying her, the kitsune poked her ears up through her hair and remained silent, looking down a bit. She knew almost automatically that it was her reaction about bot having to deal with much of Isadora.

She looked up at him, keepig her hands behind her back as she tried to figure out what he meant by her not thinking freely. She had a mind of her own. She enjoyed working for others and that was all she knew how to do but she knew what she wanted and what she wasn't going to let happen to her. "I apologize, Sir, but I'm not quite sure I follow what you mean by think too freely," she said as she straightened her posture and frowned a bit.

Taking the key he had just produced from his breast pocket, she placed it in her sleeve so she wouldn't lose it. She was actually being allowed to go on the floor James had warned against. But it didn't matter because the boss himself had just overruled that. Noticing that he wouldn't even look at her after she took the key, she couldn't help but wonder what it was. Shrugging off the feeling, she nodded a bit and hesitantly looked around as she began to walk. "As you wish," she said softly before finding her way upstairs and into the main room a little while later.

The doors closed firmly behind him sealing him within that of the confines of the open space that had potential to be something akin to that of a study. Bookshelves were present amongst some of the older paintings that one might consider to be priceless in their old timey state; a mantle stood stark upon the east wall. Fire kissed the wood within licking and crackling within; his attention wasted no time pinning upon that of the man that had been the first and now second to figure out who he was. "Seems like you've picked a curious one. A mouth on her that fits but she lacks what appears standard need to be unique. She sits neatly in place, so I suppose I should consider that a good thing." James stood close to the mantle as Arc pulled off the jacket uniform of one of the servants.

"You asked for a diligent one, she was quick on her feet and sounded pleasing to fit your requests without deferring with her own thoughts."

Arc rolled his eyes comically at the idea, "If that was the case, I'd ask for a robot. In my age you start to come to appreciate the general way mortals behave." The human raised a brow causing Arc to pause from stripping away the pressed shirt - an tight undershirt still laid beneath- "Simple terms, I find mortals to be very fascinating to watch James. If I wanted someone to act accordingly to every wish I make, I wouldn't be among the staff in the first place."

"Ah, well-" Seemingly flustered by the exchange James rubbed his neck slowly, "Would you-"

"She'll work just fine. A maid is a maid, now if I require a little more life in the manor I am quite capable of finding those myself." Off came the pressed shirt dropping to the back of a single couch; "Though I need a list made up of what sort of duties she will be needed of. Including this floor-" Suddenly his face went wide already informing Arc that the human had made expressive statement to the kitsune that this area was off limits. "I've already given her a key, the only room she can't get into is that of here-" Gesturing to the room, the man chuckled. "She won't be running into anything that might compromise myself or you. I mean vampires are something of lore, having that around in the city might cause quite the stir." James appeared nervous for reasons unjustified; "Relax, your endeavours shall continue. In the mean time-" Without another word he made an off hand gesture excusing the man from the room, "Don't forget the list."

"Yes Arc." With that he slipped out of the room leaving the door unintentionally ajar, the one inside the room turning to consider the large pane windows with a raptor stare.

Seraphine took it upon herself to look around the room a little bit before bringing one of her tails around cautiously. She began to pick things up on the shelves and using one of her tails to dust underneath them, silently losing herself in her music in her head. Se began singing softly as she kept dusting. When she finished, she shook her tail out and looked around. She fluffed all the pillows in the room before stopping and thinking. She made sure to stay out of the study she had seen Arc disappear into though she debated on going in. Shaking her head she made her way around the floor, doing whatever needed to be done.