The Deathwatch

T

TheNeverThere

Original poster
It is the 41st Millenium...
For more than a hundred centuries the Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the master of Mankind by the will of the gods, and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustiblearmies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truely die.

Yet in his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the Daemon-infested miasma of the warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's will. Vast armies give battle in his name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard and countless planetary defence forces, the ever-vigilant Inquisition and the Tech-Priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus, to name but a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat from aliens, heretics, mutants--and worse.

To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruellest and most bloody regime imaginable. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.

And now, you have been selected to take a step further in the endless war against the ever-present Threat Without. You are a member of the Adeptus Astartes who has shown bravery, strength, and skill beyond that of even your Battle-Brothers, and as a reward, you have been chosen to leave everything behind to join an order no one will remember. You have been chosen to be one of the few who bears the silent honor of calling themselves a member of the Deathwatch, and for you, the next words have never seemed more real.

There is no time for peace.
No respite.
No forgiveness.
There is only WAR.

Re: Deathwatch

Reserved for character sheet reqs., plot summary, setting details, and more.

Character sheet

Name: (Try and get it to fit your chapter)

Chapter: (Any that I can do research on at http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/ )

Specialization: (Only those found in the Deathwatch Core Book)

Past Event: (Can be taken from the book or you can make one up. Just keep it realistic, not too epic, and 2-3 sentences)

Personality: (Can use Personal Demeanors from the book, or you can write out a more detailed description)

Chapter Demeanor: (Check the book for yours if you're using one of the 6 chapters provided, or use the book and Lexicanum to figure out one for a chapter not in the Deathwatch book)

Psychic Powers: (Psyker Only. Consult with me)

Power Armor History: (Consult the Deathwatch Core Book for this)

Basic Equipment: (Check the Deahwatch Core Book)

Chapter Trapping: (Choose one from the book, or consult with me)

Renown: (This will come into play later in the RP)

Primarch's Curse: (Consult me or the Deathwatch Core Book for this)

Insanity Points: (This will come into play later and is related to your Primarch's Curse)

Additional Information: (This information is not necessary, but may help others get a feel for your character. It may include, but is not limited to: Physical Appearance, Homeworld, Extended History and Extended Personality)

Re: Deathwatch

Important NPC/Machines/Locations

Name: Mikhail "Misha" Aleksandrovich
Ordo: Xenos
Appearance:
attachment.php

Sealed Dossier. To Be Opened Only Upon Conscription Into
The Deathwatch
Lord Inquisitor Mikhail "Misha" Aleksandrovich was a first-born in a noble house on the planet Vostroya. From birth he was destined for the battlefield. However, his parents were killed during an ork invasion, and as a result, Misha was sent to the Schola Progenium. While there, his faith and unbending loyalty to the Emperor so imressed his Missionary instructors that he was sent to the Inquisition for further training. Upon his promotion to Inquisitor, he joined the Ordo Sicarius, and was sent to the Callidus Temple, to both train as a Callidus assassin, and to root out any illegal assassination plots, heresy, and other threats to the Emperor and His domain. While details of his time in the Ordos Sicarius are sealed behind a wall of bureaucracy so thick not even an Imperial Titan could hope to breach them, it is know that during his time there, he enacted two Inquisitorial Actions. Shortly after the latter of the two, he was granted the title of Inquisitor Lord and sent to the Jericho Reach to aid the Ordos Xenos in the reclamation of the region. It is known that he still makes use of Polymorphine as well as his C'tan Phase Sword from his time at the Callidus Temple. For further information, please make direct inquiries with Lord Inquisitor Misha himself, at one's own leisure and peril.

Name: Strall
Chapter: Grey Knights
Appearance:
attachment.php

Name: Promise of Redemption
Type: Imperial Navy Capital Ship
Design: Battleship
Class: Oberon
Appearance:
attachment.php

Name: Seraphim

Chapter: Blood Angels

Specialization: Tactical Marine

Past Event: Sole survivor of a Mawloc attack during the scouring of Ultimar.

Personality: Though still faithful to the Blood Angel's view that every man can better themselves with faith has been eroded by witnessing the countless depravities committed by lost souls. Now he sees that all those who have been led astray will only lead more astray, even the alien falls into this category. All who do not walk in the light of the emperor must pay the price: repentance or death. Seraphim has himself witnessed the death company in battle and he knows the price if he should ever lose himself to the curse that haunts his chapter, but if that is the price he has to pay for his loyalty, he'd willingly pay it.

Chapter Demeanor: Red thirst

Power Armor History: A fury like lightning.

Basic Equipment:

Astartes Mk VII "Aquila" power armour.
Astartes Bolt Pistol
3 Astarted frag grenades
3 Astartes krak grenades
Astartes combat knife
Repair cement
Chapter trapping
Astartes Bolter, (Phobos Pattern) with fire selector.
One clip (28 rounds) Vengeance rounds.

Chapter Trapping: Blood drop pendant (filled with his own blood)

Renown: 0

Primarch's Curse: Black rage

Insanity Points: 0

Additional Information:

I... I think I want to play this.

Will need a day or two-- gotta get my hands on Deathwatch.

Nah, that's what I meant. Downloading it now.

Can I be a Librarian?

Yes, but no termie armor.
And just a reminder, as long as I can look up a chapter on http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/ then you can use that chapter.

You know, a chapter like the Crimson Fists, or Slamanders.

Name: Baldur Thunderaxe

Chapter: Space Wolves

Specialization: Rune Priest (Librarian)

Past Event: Bitter Vengeance - Is widely renown amongst the Space Wolves for facing down a Thousand Sons Chaos Sorcerer in a furious battle of psyker energies.

Personality: Taciturn - While a typical 'Son of Russ,' enjoying the bawdy pre- and post-battle festivities that most other Space Wolves partake, Baldur is also a very stoic, quiet man, even given a 'kind', if firm, quality at times. He is prone to bouts of quiet reflection once the nights of drinking Fenrisian ale have subsided.

Chapter Demeanor: Sons of Russ

Psychic Powers: The ability to manipulate the raw phenomena of the storm! Lightning, snow, hale, winds-- none of these are beyond Baldur's ability.

Power Armor History: Thine arm be the scourge of the impure.

Basic Equipment:
-Astartes power armour
-Astartes bolt pistol
-Astartes frag grenades (3)
-Astartes krak grneades (3)
-Astartes combat knife
-Repair Cement

-Astartes bolter (Godwyn Pattern) with fire selector
-Force Weapon (Force Axe (see: Force Sword))

Chapter Trapping: Wolf Pelt

Primarch's Curse: Curse of the Wulfen

Name: Konrad Alyxander

Chapter: Black Templar

Specialization: Tactical Marine

Past Event: Konrad helped to establish and maintain a chapter keep

Brother Konrad's tale first begins when he joined the crusade against Hive Fleet Leviathan, His Marshall led the space marines in a series of successful if short battles, but the conflict eventually drew into longer, more protracted sieges. It was in one of these sieges where Konrad began to earn his namesake. In the chaos of battle Konrad and his squad became separated, and like any self respecting Son of Dorn he fought on, until he eventually came face to face with the Tyranid Prime. He did the only thing he could think of at this point, and challenged it to single combat. How the alien knew High Gothic was beyond him, and why it accepted his request was even more confusing , but he found himself in single combat with a Hive Tyrant and was determined to do his chapter proud.

After nearly an hour Konrad struck it down, though it claimed his right arm and eye in payment. Konrad's brothers arrived in time to witness the event, and haul the unconscious Konrad back to the apothecarion. The Tyranids quickly lost cohesion and were routed from the system

His deeds did not go un-rewarded, and a few years after this event he was sent to the 812th Feast of Blades, He and a Sergeant of the Crimson Fists immediately struck off as friends, and it became clear that the two would have to face each other in the final dual of the feast. Though his opponent had nearly a Century more experience on him, Konrad eventually won the day by making virtue of past experience, what worked against the Hive Tyrant Worked against his new opponent, Konrad's sheer ability to not back down.

After the duel Konrad told his friend of the battle with the Hive Tyrant, and The Crimson Fist polished Konrad's skill. The two still correspond when they can, the last message between them being sent by Konrad, and informing his friend of his assignment to the Deathwatch.

Personality: Gregarious

Chapter Demeanor: Zealous

Psychic Powers: He's a Motherfucking Black Templar

Power Armor History: Cower not before the enemy

Basic Equipment:
Astartes Power Armor Mk. 8 "Errant"
Astartes Bolt Pistol
3 Frag Grenades
3 Krak Grenades
Repair Cement
Astartes Boltgun (Phoebus Pattern) with Fire selector
1 Clip of Hellfire Rounds

Chapter Trapping: Deathwatch Tabard

Primarch's Curse: Abhor the witch

Additional Information: Before Konrad left his homeworld to join the Astartes he was the father to a son and a daughter, on his homeworld of dusk. Their fates are currently unknown to him.

Due to wounds received in battle with the Tyranids, Konrad's right arm and eye have been replaced with Bionic equivalents of his lost limbs, forged my his chapters Master Craftsman.

attachment.php

I just got the death watch PDF and am going to go through it - my knowledge on Warhammer 40k mostly comes from my Space Marine book collection. But do they ever pull for the Death Watch from the Grey Knights?

Nope. Grey Knights aren't considered an 'Official' Chapter. They work solely, more or less, for Ordo Malleus. Brother-Captain Strall's presence will be explained in game.

Also, good to see you again, Melesio! And YAY! We have the bare minimum required! I can stop bugging the newbies!

Damn! Rules out that one than. I figured as much but it was worth a shot.

Going to take another shot - what about a Soul Drinker that joins the Deathwatch? Soul Drinkers started to mutate and where almost slipped to Chaos but did not. They did seperate from the Imperium and became an independant force in the galaxy.

Probably not but either way give me a day or so and I'll go over the Deathwatch Codex, pick a chapter and get a character up.

So far as I know renegade marines (even non-chaos) I.E. those declared Excommunicate Traitoris are not draw into the death watch and are \ attacked on site.

Yeah - you're right. I thought about it just a few minutes after I posted that it wouldn't make an f'in sense whatsoever.

But Soul Drinkers are BA

If you'd like a recommendation I'd go with Dark Angels or Blood Ravens. Dark Angels for their badass robes and dark secrets, Blood Ravens for their standard codex structure and dark secrets.

Already building an ultramarine. Waiting for approval on librarian before posting.