The Deadric Wager

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Y-yes I am" Dakiin confusedly answered the orb before her.

"And you are not a vampire?" the machine inquired.

"No, I am most certainly not!" Dakiin couldn't help but feel slightly offended about this question. Her tribe ritually slaughtered any Vampires. They despised the kind, they thought of them as dirty and foul creatures.

"Forgive me, but it's been many thousands of years since a living snow elf has been seen. Well, except for one. I think. Are you here on business, or could we perhaps speak more privately somewhere?" spoke the machine.

"I- I don't know why I'm here.. we could talk privately.. i- if you wanted I guess"

"Allow my courier to lead you to a more secluded location below. Perhaps behind some houses,"

The courier gestured toward the stairs and began walking that direction.

"Okay.." The Elf gripped the handle of her sheathed dagger cautiously as she followed the courier down the stairs and behind a nearby house. She'd been caught off guard once.
Never again.

"Let's sit down here. Take a deep breath for a moment. Relax," said the machine. "These are stressful times."

The courier sat down on the ground cross legged, placing the communication orb in her lap. She inhaled and exhaled, taking a relaxed posture.

"Please, if I do not ask too much of you, tell me about yourself. How did you come to be here? What do you remember?" asked the machine.

Last edited:
"E-erm. I'm a member of the Schaelfe'chur. A tribe that lived off the coast of Windhelm. The tribe consisted of around twenty to thirty members. Windhelm was under a constant blizzard. Whilst the Altmer of Windhelm were kept warm inside their shelters we remained in our tents with a small campfire to keep us warm. Though many of us weren't bothered, we can survive in temperatures below freezing for long periods of time. We occasionally sent someone to go into the small Altmer villages not too far from our island to observe any news or important happenings that may affect us, but other than that we remain distant and isolated.
-But before I go on, tell me, why can I trust you with this information?"

"Why can you trust me? I suppose it's only fair that I give you some information as well. I'm not sure if you called it something different in your time, but we are in skyrim: a province of the great Cyrodillic Empire. Here in skyrim there is a civil war going on between the empire and some misguided rebels called "stormcloaks" led by a man named Ulfric Stormcloak. He's up there in the longhouse now, having a meeting with the imperial general Tullius.

But a greater threat looms over the horizon. Whatever the results of this civil war may be, a greater threat looms over the horizon: the Aldmeri Dominon: a group of radical, nationalist altmer who now control the the Summerset Isles, Valenwood, and much of Elsweyr. They fought the empire to a stalemate and signed a treaty, but another war is inevitable. The sooner the stormcloaks lose, the sooner the empire can ready themselves for the Thalmor. Oh, that's what the Dominion's leading group is called: the Thalmor.

Yet, I have greater aspirations still. I am friend to a great many here in Skyrim. I have great plans; masterful designs. Someday I will restore peace and order to Tamriel, but I will make many enemies doing so. That is why I must protect my anonymity. Can you trust me? I think so, but you have only my word. If you want to leave now, I will not stop you. If you ask me not to follow or look for you, I will comply. It is only fair,
" the machine paused for a moment.

"Do you have a home? You could use warm food and a place to eat."

Last edited:
"No. The only home I have is underwater." Dakiin took this information and looked back at the orb. "I will tell you more, but not now. Not here."

There was a moment of silence.

"Then I suppose we should part ways for a time. Let you clear your head. Please meet my courier at the city gates within the next few hours,"

The courier put the orb away and walked back to the Talos shrine.

"Okay." Dakiin replied as the Orb went away.

What to do in a few hours? Dakiin began walking back to the palace, assuming the same sitting position as she did before. She guessed she'd wait for a few hours here then go back to the Orb.

Status
Not open for further replies.