The Deadric Wager - {NO LONGER ACCEPTING}

Status
Not open for further replies.
can we have a dragonborn?

Yes.

>>Dragonborn are allowed, but the number of shouts you can learn is limited. The first word in a shout can only be learned after an equivalent of 5 levels. The two additional words that make up the same shout cost another equivalent 5 levels together. So to learn all three words of one shout would have to be equivalent to a level 10 character. Or to learn the first words to two different shouts would also have to be equivalent level 10.
This is simply to ensure no one character is massively OP over others, but you can still have Thu'um Dragon Shouts.

thanks. I was going to be a snow elf until I realized everyone else here was one :D

Yes, no more snow elves please XD I have nothing against them, it just sort of goes against the whole "Snow elves are extinct"(they are, right?) when everyone and their mother and their dog is suddenly a snow elf XD

Raitoningu only got approval ahead of time because their snow elf was turned vampire before their extinction, and Raimei happened to catch me in an "Eff it, accept EEEVVVERRYYYYTHIIIIIING~ *throws glitter around* " mood the first day I got this thread up.

I just noticed we don't have any Khajiit or Argonians to our group lol

24090-1-1347600596.jpg

Name: Tayla Follain

Alias: The Death Stalker

Race: Altmer, technically

Sub-Race: An ancient lycanthrope. Not connected to the Companions in any way. Dragonborn

Birthplace/Hometown/city/region: Born in the Sommerset Isles, she does not recall where

Residence: Solitude

Alliance/Faction: None

Superiors?: None

Allies: lycans

Enemies: The Draugr, the undead. She hates anything that does not die when it should

Reason for Alliance/Joining: N/A, may change

Sexual Orientation: Pansexual

Romantic Relations: None at the moment

Familial Relations: Family is dead

Friends: None

Enemies: None

Servants/Followers/Housecarls/Underlings:

Pets/Animal Followers: Bog, a six foot tall white wolf, he is almost as old is she. The two can communicate to a minimal extent

Mastered Skills/Specialties: Smithing, One Handed, Destruction Magic, Heavy Armour

Proficient Skills: Archery, Restoration, Lockpicking, Speechcraft, Alteration

Main Weapon(s): Dawnbreaker, Dragonbane

Secondary Weapon(s)/Tools: Ebony sword with a flame enchantment

Armor: Full Daedric armour

Clothing: None

Accessories: None

Other Inventory: None

Powers/Special Abilities/Curses: Dragonborn shouts: Full Soul Tear, Full Unrelenting Force, Full Fire Breath, one word of Frost Breath, two words of Storm Call. She can become a large white Werewolf once a day, enhancing her hearing, vision, smell, and stamina. She can prolong it using the Savage Feeding perk that she has acquired, meaning she doesn't have to feed on humanoids in order to continue as a werewolf.

Power Drawbacks/Limitations: When in werewolf form, she is particularly vulnerable to attack against skilled opponents. Fighting Style: Destruction magic in the left hand and a one handed weapon in the right hand. Hack and slash

Weaknesses: She can be inattentive in melee combat, allowing opponents to land blows she has the ability to stop. She does not feel pain, which has almost killed her in the past.

Personality: She is impatient and curt with those she does not know. Generally, she prefers to avoid new people and keeps to herself. Up until recently, she lived alone in a cave she cleared of Draugr, but the escalating war has drawn her out of her seclusion. Bog tends to stay out in the wilds unless she calls on him (which she does by howling). Many of Solitude's people are wary if not openly hostile to her, as one of the residents discovered her lycanthropy and exposed her. They believe her to be a threat, but are too afraid to kick her out. She finds the existence painful but tolerates it for the sake of her curiosity. Once she befriends someone, which is rare, she is very loyal and devoted, almost leaning on codependent. Due to her inability to relate to others, most of her existence has been a lonely one.

History: Hers was a story that started before Tamriel history. Somewhere around the time when the Aldmer finally split off into significantly different races, Tayla was born. She was the product of a very odd union between an Altmer woman and an Nord man, something that was seen even at the time as an abomination. Though she looked mostly the part of a regular Altmer, with some softening to the sharpness of her jaw as the only evidence of her mixed blood, she was harshly treated by her adoptive Altmer tribe. Her father had died of unknown causes not long after her birth. Originally he had come to Tamriel, at the time solely inhabited by the mer, from Atmora, a far off continent. His expedition had served the purpose of seeking new land. Unfortunately, his vessel had crashed on the rocks of the northern part of Skyrim, near what is now Dawnstar. There, he was saved by a passing group of Altmer, who found him to be more of a curiosity than a sentient bieng. He would eventually be taken back with them to the Sommerset Isles. There, he met Tayla's mother, a mer who actually treated him as an equal, rather than an amusing pet. The two fell in love, and that would lead to Tayla, as well as what her mother suspects was an honour killing of the Nord man.

Being the permanent social outcast, Tayla learned to fend for herself early on. She taught herself the craft of smithing, something she found far more rewarding than any other trade or activity. She quickly became proficient at it. She also learned to entertain herself outside of the company of others and found a great deal of comfort in the wilds surrounding her home.

When she was about 30, still very young for her kind, her mother revealed to her that she was dragonborn. Upon inquiry as to how that came to be, her mother informed her that she and her father had prayed to the great god Akatosh, for some way for their daughter to be accepted as she was, long before she was born. In answer, he granted Tayla the soul of a dragon. At the time, this was extremely important, as the Isles were bombarded by dragons wishing to see the end of the mer. Upon this revelation, Tayla set out to slay the dragons of the Isles.

In this, she would find great trouble. Though she was an excellent dragonslayer, she was extremely incapable of learning dragon shouts, a disability that she fought for years. Eventually, she mastered Unrelenting Force and Fire Breath, and those would do her well in her hunts.

Upon returning one crisp morning to her mother's small encampment, Tayla found her dead. On the walls of the hut were the words "You will never be welcome". This was the last straw in what had amounted to a lifetime of bullying. With the force of the dragon blood inside her, she blew apart the little village, slaying every resident in mere minutes.

As the rage receded, and she realized what she had done, she ran. With what gold she had saved, she bought a rickety ride to Valenwood, away from the memories of her horrendous childhood. For a while, she found peace, but it was not long before bounty hunters from the Isles came for her. Again she had to run. This time, she fled across Tamriel to Morrowind, where she would remain until an chance encounter with a Daedric Prince would lead to even more trouble for her already confusing and jumbled life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Snow elves aren't extinct, they are just so rare that they might as well be

For the record:

1.) Half-Nord, Half-Reachman Avianthrope
2.) Snow elf
3.) Snow elf Vampire
4.) Breton (Me!)
5.) Mostly Redguard, part Breton?
6.) Nord
7.) Nord Lycanthrope
8.) Dunmer Serpenthrope
9.) Half Altmer, Half-Nord Lycanthrope (You)

Last edited:
I was willing to give up the vampirism, not so much the lycanthropy :D

damn. Dawnbreaker?

Infact, Dawnbreakder would make more sense, considering it is powerful against the undead and i hate the undead

Ok, witching it to Dawnbreaker and Dragonbane since both make sense for my character.

From what I know, elves in Elder Scrolls don't live to be 2,000 years old(or at least most don't, though it's possible, just very unlikely). It's said they live 2-3 times longer than humans, so probably a couple hundred years, in rare cases, maybe up to or a little over 1,000.
And likely she wouldn't look as young as the picture makes me assume.
Not an absolute must-change-or-no-acceptance but it does sort of bug me a little

Pets/Animal Followers: Bog, a four foot tall white wolf, he is almost as old is she.
Again, the age thing kind of jumps out at me in a way that's a little hard to believe.
How does an average wolf live to be almost 2,000 years old?

Main Weapon(s): The Mace of Molag Bal (if you'll allow me)
I have nothing personal against your character having the Mace of Molag Bal, but Nyxie's character already has it, unless she'd be willing to change her form and let your character have it instead.

Other than that, I don't see anything immediately wrong, though the history feels almost like it wasn't entirely finished? Maybe that's just how it reads though

the age thing was meant to be odd. I will explain that when i explain her lycanthropy's link to Hricine, if you'll allow me

Uh...the history was meant to not be entirely finished. I was hoping to explain the rest throughout he rp. I can finish it though, if you'd like

From what I know, elves in Elder Scrolls don't live to be 2,000 years old(or at least most don't, though it's possible, just very unlikely). It's said they live 2-3 times longer than humans, so probably a couple hundred years, in rare cases, maybe up to or a little over 1,000.
And likely she wouldn't look as young as the picture makes me assume.
Not an absolute must-change-or-no-acceptance but it does sort of bug me a little

Again, the age thing kind of jumps out at me in a way that's a little hard to believe.
How does an average wolf live to be almost 2,000 years old?

I have nothing personal against your character having the Mace of Molag Bal, but Nyxie's character already has it, unless she'd be willing to change her form and let your character have it instead.

Other than that, I don't see anything immediately wrong, though the history feels almost like it wasn't entirely finished? Maybe that's just how it reads though

Shoulda done this orginally :D

Bog is not your average wolf, he is a gift, if you want to call him that, from a Daedric Prince who is a big fan of wolves. So is her lycanthropy a direct gift, which is why in both cases they manage to be extremely old.

M'kay, I'll just accept it then.

They weren't complete deal-breakers on the character form, they just sort of leapt out at me as a bit odd, but if you've got plot reasons for it then I'm fine with that, I just wanted to be sure there was a reason for it.

Haha definitely. I know that neither elf nor wolf is gonna live that long normally. Wolves are lucky to make it to 10.

Yep.

Okay so at this point the only one I'm waiting on for a CS is Rainbowwave.

As for the IC; myself, Raimei, State of Bedlam, Naruka-Chan and Venomarrah have already posted.
So we're waiting mainly on Raitoningu, Nadrojo, and Nyxie.
Tanzinite, you can jump in whenever you're ready as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.