The Dead Awaken

• Thread starter Iron Men And Saints
  • Start date
As Jason was climbing the ladder to safety, he hears a helicopter.

" Why the fuck is there a helicopter here? If anything its attracting more zombies to our location!"Jason Screams over the whop whop of the copter.

This better be good.

"Ay yo Jackson can you find out what the ground troops are doing?" William shouted into the mic as he ripped a crowd of zombies apart.

"They are diverting a bunch of the Walkers off toward the next city over. Crowd control, their efforts are going good."

"How about Recon, what are they saying? How much of these fuckers will I have to deal with?"

"Well there are always more coming, you know because of the anomaly but other than that they say the crowd control is getting most of the zombies away."

"Awesome!" William went back to shooting.

Grabbing hold of the final handrail, I pull myself up onto the roof of the building just in time to hear the low thudding of rotors and the sight of a helicopter approaching overhead. Military in design, if I had to guess, probably one of those Blackhawks that have featured in every modern military shooter since time immemorial. Admittedly drawing one's information on the military from video games is a bit stupid, but where the fuck else am I gonna get it from? I'm supposed to be in high school right now, not scrambling up fire escapes to escape from reanimated corpses hell-bent on eating me.

And of course the helicopter's got itself a big ol' machine gun strapped to it's side, and naturally it starts blasting away like it's the fourth of fucking July at the biters down below.

Apparently everyone who survived the apocalypse is gun crazy. Who knew?

“Oh, COME ON!” I yell in exasperation over the sound of the shooting, “What is this, a fucking NRA Convention?! STOP SHOOTING, YOU JARHEAD FUCKS!!”

It has to be said that yelling at the helicopter is as likely to stop it from shooting as harsh language is to drive off the biters.

But goddamn if it isn't theraputic.

Arien saw the man in the street taking down zombies. "What an idiot." She watched as he shot his way through the hoard of biters. "Oh, he's some sort of special agent," she said aloud. It occurred to her to help him, but she was running low on bullets for her pistols and her silencers were almost gone. I think I'll let him handle it himself. Arien walked over to the far edge of the building and looked down, looking for an escape route. In her head, she tried to calculate the distance of the jump between this building and the neighboring one. That's not going to work with the weaponry. Oh, well, gotta find another way. She looked around then sighed. "I guess it's my turn to be the idiot."

Sarah reached the roof before everyone else and waved her arms at the heli copter. "OVER HERE!"

Jackson saw her and told William on the mic, William got off the machine gun and he went back into the cock pit and he began to pull up and turn towards them when a missile shot out of the air and hit the back of the helicopter. The helicopter flipped and began to roll towards the roof of the building. William hit the eject button and he shot out and had his parachute activated. Jacksons was jammed. Sarah tried to move out of the way but she wasn't fast enough.

The helicopter collided with the roof killing Jackson and Sarah and starting to bring most of the building down.

Debris from helicopter crash came flying across the street toward Arien. "Shit!" She ran to the back of the building, grabbed onto the attached ladder, and slid down to the ground. The pistols she held were quickly reloaded as Arien pressed herself back against the wall. She needed to stay there until the dust and debris had settled, hoping no walkers would come for her while she waited.

Once everything was settled, she ran a few streets over, heading away from the crash. "There has to be a working vehicle here." Quickly, Arien scanned the parking lot in search of something useful. Her eyes landed on a black H2 Hummer that had mounted spikes on it's front and rear bumpers. Please work. Please have gas. She ran toward it. The door hung open allowing her to slide inside. "Damnit! No keys," she banged on the steering wheel. Her eyes hastily scanned the parking lot, making sure no zombies were on their way. All clear. She saw a gleam from the passenger floorboard. Oh, happy day. Arien scooped up the keys and made an attempt to start the big black machine. "Come on, come on!" The Hummer whined but the engine made no attempt at turning over. She tried again. "Please, please start." After a few minutes, the vehicle managed to take off. Arien shut the door and peeled out, making her way back to the crash site. Her eyes fell upon the gas gauge. Just below three quarters. Good enough. As she drove, she happened to glance up, "What a bonus." She smiled as she noticed the sunroof.

Last edited by a moderator:
(( Going to attempt to jump so I might need someone to pull me in somehow. Since I don't really know where you are I'll make it as legit as I can.))

His breath was labored and his heart was racing. He seemed to be deaf to the world around him, with every gasp of air he took and exhaled his parched throat would croak in stress. Adrian's feet dragged along the pavement as he desperately forced his worn out legs to move him forward. His vision was incredibly blurry and his eyes stung, with the remnants of blood and sweat. He didn't know where he was, or how long he had been running he just knew that he couldn't stop. The knapsack he had strapped to his back was coming loose, and it was heavy to begin with. His memory eluded him, he couldn't remember what he was doing, or what he was even carrying inside the knapsack. The only thing that seemed to pop into his head were the screams of a woman and her child, the woman constantly exclaiming for someone, or something to stop.

Adrian's left hand instinctively gripped onto something, it was cold, and hard. His vision was still blurry but what he could feel out as his thumb caressed over the surface of the object..it was a gun. "What am I doing with this ..? What have I done .. did I kill someone?"The scent of blood filled his nostrils not even realizing it was his own blood dripping down from a wound on his forehead. He finally stopped running, breathing heavily as he dropped the knapsack off of his back. He rubbed his eyes with his sleeve, blinking away whatever was blurring his vision. He took a good look at his hands, the gun still placed in his left. His hands were filthy..he looked down at himself, and so was he. He wore a dark gray t-shirt with a blue zip up hoodie, and a black pair of jeans, all of his clothing was covered in grime, and dry blood. Adrian reached into his pockets pulling out a white handkerchief, he cleaned his face the best he could, revealing lightly tanned skin. He ran his fingers through his hair and took a good look around him. "Wonderful.. no idea where I am. Or who I am. Or what I'm even doing."

Last edited:
Either the Jarheads mishear me, or it's fucking opposite day, because they elect to do quite the opposite of my calm and reasonable request to stop firing at everything that fucking moves.

Namely by firing a fucking rocket or some shit at the helicopter.

I think these chucklefucks have arrived at the wrong apocalypse. They want 'World War Three' but instead showed up at 'Flesh-Eating Corpses'.

The ensuing explosion is deafening. Literally deafening. I don't mean that in some airy-fairy, metaphorical shit, I mean that all the sound literally goes out of my world as I watch some billowing, fiery geyser swallow up the helicopter for a moment before sending it spinning towards our rooftop. I'm probably swearing like a fucking sailor as I fling myself out of its path.

I wouldn't know, of course. All I can fucking hear right now is this loud and off-putting ringing sound.

Heat blasts over me, as does shrapnel and other discharge from the crash. I'm lying on my front, hands covering my head, and it's a good few moments before I finally decide that it's safe enough to pull myself back to my feet. The ringing begins to subside as I survey the scene; half the fucking building's been taken by the crash, scattering debris all across the road below and exposing the interior of the top floor. More dead faces staggering about below us, some ignited by the burning helicopter.

The sight of a biter on fire has always creeped me out. Death by fire's one of the most painful ways to exit this mortal plane, but biters? It's like they don't even feel it. They just keep walking, limbs in spasms as the heat boils their rotten muscles and destroys what's left of their insides. I can handle dead people cut in half, missing limbs, having half their faces ripped off. But set them on fire, and I'm fucking outta there.

As my hearing finally re-emerges, I begin to hear snapping and scraping coming from the building we stand upon. Then the whole roof wobbles violently, and I understand what's happening. That crash has done far more damage than is obvious from where we stand; the whole building's about to come down, and it'll take us with it if we don't get off. This time I can hear my furious and panicked swearing as I stagger over to Jason and start trying to pull him to his feet. I can see Martin lying not too far away either, but no Sarah.

And this worries me.

“Dude! Dude, get back on your fucking feet!” I'm distantly aware that I'm yelling far more than I need to, likely because up until a few seconds ago I was completely deaf, but that doesn't bother me right now. “The whole building's about to fall! C'mon!!”

He was on the floor, he had gotten the worst push back of air an debris since he was closer to it. He was laying on the floor his hearing coming through to screaming of Harrison, He gritted his teeth as he tried to get up and screamed " FUCK! " he holds his rib and feels the building shake below them. " Holy shit...were going down... ".
He looked around frantically looking for an escape route for them. He noticed the building next to them wasn't to far of a gap but he thought not everyone could make it, But that same building had a ladder on it too...the ladder it could help them get across.

He looked at Harrison and shouted " Were getting out of here now! " He began running as fast as he can pushing past his hurting bodies limits. He lept into the air from the building and was headed straight for the fire escape on the next building. He hit the side bar and let a loud ooft escape his mouth as he would of landed with his stomach into the railing. He scaled over it and fell onto the landing floor and then stood up, He rushed to the ladder on this fire escape.

He came up to it and began pulling it up so he had the whole ladder up until it couldn't go any further, Were he continued to kick it violently until the rusted metal broke off and he had the ladder to move freely. He rushed up the steps breathing heavy but racing against the building going down, He came up to the middle railing and shouted up at them on the building " Jump one at a time! grab the ladder and climb to me! i will make sure i don't let go of the ladder! " His plan would work good if the person jumped from the building and fell to the ladder grabbing it. This allowed the person to climb up the ladder to the safety of the fire escape the person holding the ladder is on.

Martin gritted his teeth and wrapped his arm through the ladder and then the railing grabbing his arm with his other hand and holding on tight so when they landed it would slip from him.

Arien saw a parachute fly not far overhead. It was William.

Oh fuck. Fuck fuck fuck please. Not the building shit!

William braced himself as he went crashing through the window of a building. He quickly released the parachute and he stood up undoing his parachute backpack. He grabbed the radio and tried to talk to the base. Radio was busted. "Fuck." He looked around, no zombies. A couple of spilled cans of paint and ladders. They must have been working here when the biters came through.

William looked back. "Code one. Save yourself and anyone with you. Put the protection of them above yourself and for gods sake, their survival is more important than any resource of info." He squinted. "I gotta go save them."

William grabbed three of the ladders and some duct tape. He took a piece of plywood they were using for cubicles and duct taped that to the top. His makeshift bridge was long enough to make it from here to the next building, it would be a hard task but it wouldn't be something he could jump.

He got on his hands and knees and began to cross. He begged to god to not let it fall and he made it across without error. He started to run over towards the other side where they were jumping from building to building.

I find what’s left of Sarah underneath the wreckage of the downed helicopter. Just her upper half, really; everything else has been crushed by the debris. That look of panic right before the real terror sets in is etched on her face, and nary shall it change again. With a sigh, I reach down and peel the revolver she had been using from her lifeless hands.

Fuck me, this is gonna be tough to explain to everyone when we make it back to camp. Or rather, if we make it back to camp.

Martin’s made it across to the next building, and has managed to dislodge one of the ladders from its fire escape. Something to grab when we jump as well, I suppose. The building lurches violently again, and as I stagger to keep my balance I catch sight of someone approaching across the roofs towards us.

Aw, shit. This day’s just not fucking letting up.

“Martin, someone’s coming!” I yell across the roof to my cohort as I break into a run. “Jason, get fucking moving!” No time for Martin’s ladder, good an idea as it is; I don’t wanna be on this roof for another second, not with the building starting to come down and some asshole in military fatigues approaching too damn fast for my liking.

Only one thing for it, then.

Let’s just hope my jumping skills are up to scratch.

Reaching the edge of the building I push myself into the open air, and for a moment all I can hear is the wind rushing by me, blasting through my hair. It’s almost peaceful. Then physics kicks back in and decides that that’s enough of this ascending nonsense; I smash into the railing of the opposite building’s fire escape and feel the wind go rushing out of my chest.

Jesus wept, that fucking hurt.

With a groan I pull myself over the rail and up the escape to stand next to Martin on a rooftop that’s considerably more stable than the other one and thus infinitely superior. Our pursuer has made it across to the other rooftop via a cobbled together bridge, and he’s showing no signs of stopping.

I decide to give him an incentive to. Tugging Sarah’s revolver from my hoodie, I level it at the man and pull the hammer back. Guns are not my thing, not by a long shot. I hate the noise they produce, how fucking heavy they are and how every motherfucker and his dog seems to be carrying at least twenty these days.

But our friend on the opposite roof doesn’t know that.

“That’s far enough, asshole!” I yell across to him, “One more step and we get to find out just how many shots Sarah fired off before you assholes hit her with a helicopter! Could be she fired four, maybe six!” With a grin, I adopt my best faux-Dirty Harry accent, “I guess the question is, do you feel lucky? Well, do you? Jarhead?”

Arien drove through the streets, taking out various zombies as she did so. As she pulled onto a random street, she spotted some guy in a blue zip up hoodie and black jeans all but dragging himself through the streets. Her foot stomped on the breaks as she pulled out her gun, leaned out of the Hummer, and aimed at the mysterious guy. "He's moving so strangely. I'm not sure if he's a breather," she mumbled to herself. Her green eyes analyzed the person that was making his way toward her. The blood that covered his body did not help her decision.

Slowly, she made her way out of the vehicle and inched her way toward the man. Her gun was still pointing toward him. "If you're human, say something." She was still a street away from the crash site, and her ears caught the sounds of moans and groans from the approaching zombies. "If you want to fucking survive, you better let me know you're not a damned biter!" she yelled at the guy in blue.

He was still somewhat deaf to the noise around him, his ears were ringing, but he heard a faint echoing noise in the background. "What is that ..." He raised his arms up in distress gun still in hand, gesturing his hands to and from his ears. The ringing was getting louder but the echoing noise began to be come more clear. As if a gust of air forced it's way into his lungs he gasped, and turned around instinctively pointing his gun in front of him. The ringing noise had completely ceased. His grip on the pistol was tight as he looked down the sights of his gun to see a woman in front of him speaking. "... damned biter!" Were the only words he manage to catch from her.

Adrian tightened his grip around the pistol. " What the hell is going on!? Get that thing out of my face! What the hell are you going on about, what's a fucking biter? "

"Where the fuck have you been? Under a rock? We're living in a zombie apocalypse. However, since you can talk, I don't have to shoot your ass. Now put the gun down," Arien said as she slowly lowered her pistol. "Biters are another word for zombies. From how you were walking I couldn't tell if you were human. I need to get to the other street though, so you need to either jump in the Hummer or become zombie bait. Which do you choose?" Placing the gun back onto her side, she climbed into the vehicle.

Her ears picked up the shouting of the others, and she wondered what had happened to the guy with the parachute who had floated over her earlier. He's probably biter bait by now. Her eyes moved to look at the gas gauge. Great. It's down to half a tank. Gas guzzler.

He was staring at the military man who'm had tried to follow them, He looked down at the floor seeing a large amount of biters come flying into the area. They were filling into the alley way like ants going into an anthill " Fucking shit..how are we to get out of here? " He looks over at Harrison who got a gun from i dont know where. but he trust's him with it for now as he waits for Jason to leap to the ladder before he pulls it out.

Looking around he wonders what the fuck is taking Jason so long, if he doesn't hurry up Jason is going to have to be on his own.

Adrian turned his ear towards her slightly his gun still pointing in her direction as he attempted to properly comprehend what she just said. "Apocalypse..?" His eyes darted around searching for he didn't even know what. He looked back at her, his brow furrowed in confusion. "You mean THE Apocalypse..? As in the end of the world apocalypse..? Lady do you hear yourself? I'm actually supposed to believe in - ZOMBIE!" Before he could finished projecting his doubts to her he was interrupted, as a dead man's corpse rose from the ground behind her and attempted to gnash into her neck with it's broken teeth. Adrian pulled the trigger with sure fire accuracy he didn't realize he had, hitting the zombie dead in the eye. It hit the ground with a thud, it's body falling into a twisted strange pile of limbs.

He looked at the corpse for a few moments looking to and from the woman. "So...Zombie apocalypse .."

(No, it's fine. I just didn't understand how it almost bit her if she was inside the Hummer. It confused me.)

Arien frowned, "You ruined my fun, but thanks. Now are you getting your ass in or not?" Her hand pushed the knife back into her combat boot. Now, she was beginning to wish she hadn't stopped. He was taking too much time to decide on what the hell he was going to do. This was causing Arien to grow more and more impatient with each passing second. Finally, she pulled the Hummer up beside of Adrian and opened the passenger door. "Get your ass in. Now."

(( Wow you know what I did? I completely disregarded the fact that you went back into the hummer. How derp of me. ))

"So much for appreciation." He grabbed his things, and quickly threw himself into the passenger seat of the Hummer. He kept his pistol in his hand, although he didn't know why he even had one, actually he didn't know anything about himself. "Where are we headed?"

(No worries this time. :P)

"I'm trying to get onto the next street over. You can't tell me you didn't see or hear the helicopter crash." Arien rolled up the windows before she threw the Hummer into reverse, turned around and headed for the next street over, trying to find an entry. Once finding one, she mowed down a shit ton of biters. Whipping the black machine into the alley way between the destroyed building and the stable one. "We don't need to stay parked here long, but I thought it may be able to help the people on the building jump across. I believe there are two left on this building," she gestured toward the unstable structure. "The others are already safe. I, however, am putting us in harm's way. What is life without a small adrenaline rush?"

COnfused on what happend and his body hurting all over Jason gets up, noticing Harrison armed and ready to shot at a 'Jarhead' as harrsion would put it. After looking around, jason notices martin on the building across, holding a ladder, and saying something about me going on my own if i dont get over there. "Guess thats my que to jump" jason says while holding his side.

Hoping that his middleschool long jump was still in effect, he jumps over and grabs the ladder, but barely.