The Dead Are Rising (Brea X Jazz)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jenna and Clary

The two girls were met by zombies right outside the window, but they were nothing they couldn't handle. Within seconds the zombies were on the ground, officially dead. As soon as the corpse's laid lifeless on the ground, the two girls took off in the same direction: towards the parking lot. "My car is just on the other side of the lot!" Jenna called to Clary.

Clarissa was about to respond, when there was an explosion behind them. Both girls let out a scream and a string of curses, but neither of them paused to see what the explosion was caused by. It must've been the guys, Clary decided almost immediately. Of Course! Why didn't I think of that?

Unfortunately, the explosion didn't distract the zombies for very long. Before the girls knew it, three zombies turned the corner and chased after them. Jenna pulled her backpack in front of her, handing the pitchfork over to Clary. She dug through the front pocket, grinning whens he found the keys. Sure am glad I invested in this, She thought, pressing the auto-start button on her keys.

In front of the girls, the car roared to life, and the doors unlocked. Just in time, too. The two reached the car, and got inside as quickly as possible. It took Clarissa a few more seconds than Jenna, because she had to throw the weapons in the back, but she managed to get the door closed just as the herd reached the vehicle.

Within seconds, Jennifer threw the car into drive, running over the three zombies in their way. She accelerated the whole way out of the parking lot, keeping an eye out for any other people. "Let me know if you see any other survivors," She told Clary as she drove. She was specifically hoping for her younger sister, however Jenna was willing to help anyone they passed.

But the brunette looked at her like she was crazy. As if! She thought with a shake of her head. I'm not goingto have her stop this car for anything but to let me out... Crazy.

'' Do we take the girls In? ''
'' Why should we? They left us behind. ''
'' Yeah...but still... I think it's better to- Oh fuck... What's up with the...''
'' Your Gas.... Seriously Zed? I thought you were in control! ''
'' I am.... look... a gas station just there! ''
'' With zombies!.... Oh wait... there is none, ''
'' TAHA! Ok, come on. You go out and put the gas, ''
'' Nah nah! Your car-''
'' Exactly, so you put the gas. Plus, your faster then me if something bad happens. So you put it, ''
'' Jeez... Whatever, ''

And so, after a certain amount of times, the boys were on the road avoiding the commotion of the city. Zackary lived far enough from the school, but close enough for half a tank to not just runoff in the grand commotion around there. They couldn't say that this plague, for lack of words, started at this public institution. In fact, it seemed to be worst off in the city and it was already a disaster when they got there. So it was impossible that the virus spread from the school so rapidly. Therefore, the boys concluded that the vessel of this virus came from the outside.

Zed pulled up at a gas station where many corpses laid around as if a shooting happened here. It was disgusting too see. A car was burning up not too far down the road. Probably some people were trying to escape a crowd since a group of zombies were eating the remaining humans up there. Screams had stopped when Zack came out.

'' Ok man. Make it fast. Don't want to get cut with like 20 zombies around my mom's Nissan, '' he said. Zack laughed, '' Kind of lucky you got her car while she's in vacation. '' he added as he came out of the blue car. Zack shrugged, '' I would of preferred if she was here. I can't help but worry if where she is is like here. '' he said finding Zack so strange for laughing in a situation like this. Zack shrug, '' True. Now open the damn gas hole, '' he said as he pulled up the pistol and plugged it in.

Jenna and Clary

Just that morning, the whole neighborhood had been full of life. Kids running around in their front yards, adults heading off to work. Even an elderly couple had been walking their small dog.

But now? It might as well have been a wasteland.

The whole thing seemed almost impossible to Jennifer, and the more she thought about it, the more sad she got. Clarissa was having a similar effect, but instead of getting sad, she just got more scared. What are we supposed to do? She wondered as she gave Jenna the directions to her house. Wait it out? Evacuate the state? Is it like this in other places? The longer they drove, the faster Clary's heart beat.

And so, it was almost a relief when Jennifer pulled up outside Clary's house. With shaky hands, the brunette reached for the door handle. The unsteadiness didn't go unnoticed by Jennifer, and she said, "I'll wait out here for you. Just give me a signal or something once you're safe and with your family."

Clary turned to give the other female a skeptical look. Why... why would she even care? she wondered curiously, almost accusingly. "That's really not necessary," She said.

"I know," Jenna told her easily, shrugging her shoulders. "But, I can't bring myself to just desert you here without knowing you're okay."

For the first time that day, a smile grazed Clary's lips. Jenna might be annoyingly optimistic, but she was a pretty good person after all. "Thank you," she said, and then opened the door. As soon as the brisk air came in contact with her skin, Clary felt the urgency of this situation. She ran as fast as she could to her front door, getting the key from it's hiding spot and shoving it in. As soon as the door crashed open she was shouting, "Mom? Dad?"

Meanwhile, Jenna stayed in the car. She guessed it would be a few minutes before Clary gave her the O.K, and so she might as well spend that time being productive. She moved her backpack to the backseat of her car, glad to finally have it off her literal back. She then started throwing all of her trash into a trashbag- she always kept a few in her glove compartment.

The blonde teenager was just finishing up her cleaning when there was a scream. Her head lifted up, her features twisted in worry. After a few seconds of silence she reached for her seatbelt, about to run in after Clary, but she stopped when she saw a figure running out of the house. It was Clarissa, her brown hair flying behind her as she rushed to the car.

Within seconds she was back inside the vehicle. "Drive, Drive!" she shouted, tears streaming down her face.

"What do you mean?" Jenna asked, shocked by the whole situation. "Where are your parents?!"

"Oh my god," Clary wailed hysterically. Jenna's gaze was caught by something outside the car, and when she looked to see what it was, her face turned from confusion to horror. Clary's parent's were running out after her... her mother without a right arm, her father with intestine hanging from his teeth, and both of them covered in wet blood. "Just fucking drive!"

In and instant, Jenna's car was thrown into drive, and she floored it, wanting to get both her and Clary away from the scene as quickly as possible. It wasn't long before the house was too far to be seen in the rear-view mirror, but Clarissa continued to sob uncontrollably.​

It didn't take much time for Zackary to fill up the tank. The whole time he was whistling as he stared through the mirror. It was open, nothing seemed to be in it and everything looked in order except for the broken window.
Zack closed the gas compartment before looking at Zed from the partly open window, '' Do you have snacks or something? '' he asked. '' Cause if we don't, I can go grab some. We never know what happens while we go towards my house, '' he said.

Zed locked eyes with Zack, '' I told you we were going towards the elementray school. I have to go get my little brother first. So get your ass quickly to the car, '' he said sternly. Zackary rolled his eyes, '' Fine fine.. you'll regret it later. '' he said as he entered the car.

Zed slowly made a U-Turn not wanting to already face a pack of zombies, plus, there was another road not too far. Both were awkwardly silent as they drove on the roads. They didn't really know what was to be expected. The streets were very silent for some reason. It was strange and very disturbing. Zed ran a hand in his hair as he slowly turned on a street and roamed the streets.

'' The place is right there... but, zombies are everywhere, '' he said feeling almost a stab in his heart. The kids were inside. Maybe all dead already or maybe still alive struggling to survive. What was for sure is that the amount of zombies gathered around the ward all walking towards the school was strange. They were attracted to something.

Jennifer & Clarissa

It wasn't long before Jennifer pulled up to her house, with Clary still sobbing in the passenger seat. "I'm sure my parent's won't mind you comi-" Jenna was saying, but she stopped mid-sentence as she parked in front of her home. Nothing in particular looked out of place, except for maybe the blood smeared on the exterior. To anyone else, the place might even look peaceful. But Jenna noticed something very important. "Where's my mom's car?" She wondered out loud.

Before Clarissa could reply- if she even were going to- Jennifer was was out of the vehicle. She ran to the front door and burst in. That was another weird thing: Their front door was always locked. Even when they were home. "Mom?" She called out, heading towards the kitchen. "Dad?" Once in the kitchen, a pink stinky note caught her eye. She walked over, and read it with furrowed eyebrows.

We couldn't wait any longer, the house was surrounded and the windows started to get broken.
I am so sorry, darling. We're heading to grandma's in South Carolina, she says things are better there.
Our phones are off for the moment, but as soon as we can find a place to charge them we will call you.
I am so sorry.
We love you.
-Mom and Dad.

"No," Jenna said, shaking her head. They left... without me? Her eyes started to tear up, but then Jenna remembered the danger that surrounded her, and she wiped her eyes. Quickly, she ran up to her room, checking each room she passed by. It didn't seem like any zombies were inside the house... they must have followed her family when they made a dash. Hopefully.

Jenna pulled out her zebra print suit case, and started throwing clothing inside. She packed all of her bra's, all of her underwear, and all of her practical clothing. Which, unfortunately, meant leaving behind all her dresses. Once she was done with that she threw in hair ties, toothpaste, her toothbrush, mouth wash, and the extra battery she kept int he drawer for her phone. Lastly, Jennifer threw a blanket over her shoulder, and slipped two pillows under her free arm.

On her way out, she grabbed the note her mother had written. She then ran out to her car, throwing her back door open. "Where's your family?" Clary asked, sniffling.

"Gone," Jenna replied, dumping her load carelessly in her backseat, and then slamming the door closed. With a glance over her shoulder, she saw a figure moving towards her, and so she hustled over to the drivers seat. Once safely in the car, she said, "I'm going to South Carolina. You can stay as long as you want with me, but if there's somewhere here you want to get to you need to tell me now."

Clary shook her head, finally wiping her tears. This caused her mascara to smear across her face, but she didn't seem to care. "I have nowhere else to go," she replied, and with that Jenna began to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.