2. Prestige
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
Genres
Fantasy, Romance
| Sign-Ups | Main Thread |

Elyssi_banner.jpg

Prologue

For centuries on end, the human race has survived and evolved past the harsh realities defined by mother nature. Across this time, many species have come and gone; however, it stands true that our kind remains paramount in light of the world that we know. It is without a doubt that our finest accomplishment has been the colonization of the four continents which define the realm of El’yssi. Yet even with such feats bestowed upon our species, we remain but an insignificant speck in the grand scheme of the unknown.
Five percent.
This is the fraction of the world that has been documented across the six great nations of the four continents.There exist thousands upon thousands of species ranging from mere bacteria to the greatest of beasts which roam our land, yet all of this remains but a meaningless feat, To some, the prospect of such triviality is a fearful thought; however, for many, the fantasy of the unknown spurs a greater sense of purpose.
Glory...Fame...Wealth...Knowledge...Decades of expeditions into the unknown have been fueled by the conflicting passions of great figures from our past. Yet in light of such differential purpose, a single emotion has remained consistent across the generations of our kind. This emotion is curiosity. It was curiosity which gave us purpose to explore the world that we now come to know; it is curiosity which spurs us back to the time of our ancestors as we wonder the origin of our kind; it is curiosity which forces us to look ahead and wonder what potential awaits us still; it is curiosity which forges the key to Pandora’s Box and lights the torch for our journey into the darkness.

What to Expect

pjimage.jpg

The Dawn of New El'yssi is the direct sequel to the El'yssi Chronicles which began with a short term roleplay (The Guild of El'yssi) that spanned across a couple of months. It is not required to have participated or known anything about the predecessor, but expect three former players to join any new sign-ups in this new project. If you are interested, the posts from the predecessor will become available when the sign-ups/OOC is made for this role-play.

The Dawn of New El'yssi will be a longterm experience stretching across four distinct Arcs. With that being said, this role-play is of advanced nature, and players are expected to be capable in both the comprehension of heavy details and the construction of quality posts. If this structure is something you are comfortable with, then allow me to present the grand lore of El'yssi.

All elements of this roleplay are contained within the Wikia. This is on purpose since the Wikia acts as a database for the plethora of information ranging from flora, fauna, items, and more. The goal of this role-play is a unique experience that borrows elements from dice RPGs and the unique allure of exploration. All participants in this role-play will be recent Explorers accepted into the Guild. The characters will be divided into teams, and together, they will study and learn the foundations of exploration before journeying across El'yssi for a grand adventure. Players of this role-play will be encouraged to utilize their creativity in developing the lore of the world through their characters and the fantastical sandbox which surrounds them.

If you have any questions about the expectations of the roleplay or the lore of El'yssi, please do not hestiate in contacting me via PM, this thread, or Skype.

Do note, a secondary OOC exists in a Skype group. If you wish to join, please go to this link: Join conversation

Last edited:
Reactions: becna
I've been in the first arc of this RP and it was super neat, soo... bumping; we're still looking for some more players.

Reactions: Tsu
This sounds pretty interesting! I'm up for joining in ^-^. I mean, hell, it sounds like it could be awesome and a good deal of fun.

This sounds pretty interesting! I'm up for joining in ^-^. I mean, hell, it sounds like it could be awesome and a good deal of fun.
Glad to see your interest.
The sign-ups will be going up either tomorrow or Sunday. They will have some more info as to how new characters will be starting.
If you want to get a little head start though, name and history will be two elements to expect, and feel free to join the skype OOC or message me here if you run into any questions about lore and what not.

Reactions: Saralaxy
@Saralaxy @Cassius

Since you guys showed interest in this thread, here is a tag.

The sign-ups are now open! Please visit this link here or at the top of the thread to access it.

Just a quick question, what races are available for play and what genre is this (medieval Fantasy, sci-fi, etc)?

Check the Wikia for all Race information.
The core genre is more of a High fantasy.

One individual has been accepted.
From here, I am looking at accepting about 2-4 more players.

The expected start day for the role-play has been determined.
Next Monday, 11/5 is the expected start fro the roleplay.
That being said, if there are char sheets in prog during this time, the date will be pushed back slightly.

So I just found this today, but I'm very interested in joining. I plan on signing up within the next day or two.

So I just found this today, but I'm very interested in joining. I plan on signing up within the next day or two.
Looking forward to it.
There is some discussion that adds extra clarification to the trinity arts in the sign-up thread. Also, like I told our other new player, let me know if you need some assistance/clarification with any lore.

Quick question: How is the actual storytelling taking place? Will it be on some kind of collaborative text document, or will it be through journal pages in the wiki...? Just curious about how the writing will be done.

Quick question: How is the actual storytelling taking place? Will it be on some kind of collaborative text document, or will it be through journal pages in the wiki...? Just curious about how the writing will be done.
The story is no different than any other rp. It is written through an Iwaku thread or sometimes collaborated through a titanpad/google doc. The latter happens more often when there are major events going on. Regardless, it ends up posted in Iwaku though.

The wikia is more or less a database for information. Its primary purpose will be for the following:
  1. Keeping track of character stats.
  2. Keeping a log for character progression, relationships, and major accomplishments across the arcs
  3. Logging the information known about NPCs (When I get around to finally writing those pages anywho.)
  4. Logging information about the various items, fauna, and flora for everyone to know and utilize.

The story is no different than any other rp. It is written through an Iwaku thread or sometimes collaborated through a titanpad/google doc. The latter happens more often when there are major events going on. Regardless, it ends up posted in Iwaku though.

The wikia is more or less a database for information. Its primary purpose will be for the following:
  1. Keeping track of character stats.
  2. Keeping a log for character progression, relationships, and major accomplishments across the arcs
  3. Logging the information known about NPCs (When I get around to finally writing those pages anywho.)
  4. Logging information about the various items, fauna, and flora for everyone to know and utilize.
Thanks for clarifying!

Random song to liven things up! ^^

Random song to liven things up! ^^

Don't forget you can also join the secondary OOC if you wish to interact with our current cast.
This goes out to everyone involving themselves with the rp.

Also expect the posts from the precursor rp to be uploaded this weekend. They are finishing up on their Trials and will be ready to join you guys soon!

Reactions: Saralaxy
Is it too late to sign up? This looks fairly interesting.

Is it too late to sign up? This looks fairly interesting.
Nope, I actually ran into a small life commitment, so the sign-ups got extended a bit.
Please do so!

Reactions: Arlathina
So this interests me, but before I throw several hours of my life at this, are there still openings?

Status
Not open for further replies.