The Darkness to Become

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hadn't thought of amoeba, though I can see where you got the idea from. Hmmmm, I suppose in my head I did imagine something similar to mitosis.

I am assuming we will be taking on the role of a particular being of the species we have created and their role in this intergalactic event revolving around these mythological beings.
If so, I will later post some added information to the Azeliehv and what these beings reaction as a whole and individually toward these events; this includes a potential individual CS for a specific character.
I should have these up later today, though it may not be until 11PM. So about eight hours from now.

that's fine take your time and yes that assumption is correct

Damn Mz. Hyde did you draw those or did you have those commissioned those are awesome

I decided I'd post a rather unusual character sheet from a first person perspective.
=========================
Me and I remember our first thoughts upon recreation. We are slipping? We questioned ourselves but could find no logical answer behind why this thought ever existed 'nor why it was asked of us by us. However we were left in awe upon realizing our form. Those around us being other me's but still being themselves. It is still hard to define, but we still feel as if all of us are me. Each other one which walks in its own form, drones within its own thoughts and even creates its own actions, yet we are the same. The connection is not present however, as it once was before, or were we ever numerous but only one?
These thoughts plague us in the wake of news that our young kind has been contrasted by even greater forces in this plane. We hear stories from passerby ships which allow us to attach to its own individual beings energy and hear of a force deep in the reaches of this 'space' beyond the comfort of our world. Though there have been some which have attached themselves to alien individuals to explore, yet many take so long to return if they ever return. Each time we feel it, us feels it; but for the first time a word came to thought from something we heard once. I. As in truly singular, there is no other in me but I. While the others are not us, but themselves? It is hard for us to comprehend such ideals, yet we know them to be true by our own forms.
But it is now different for I.
I felt my energy quiver as the world turned once more to our dark sun, its red contrasted against our cool world across the slick horizon of great spires of nature and the purple clouds which hung high in our expanding atmosphere. It was then I experienced what other beings call the death disease that all mortal beings suffer during what they call life.
But why now?
A strange aura moved through my body, I felt my very existence begin to fray as the many thoughts and experiences poured through us. Or was it I? Either way it all drew to a blank for what felt equal to the 'life' me and I had lived. But it was no longer a consensus of us, but I had begun to understand how we were truly and only I. When I awoke from this death disease my body was anew, similar to before but my features had become more defined. I had begun to resemble the alien we first made contact with so many years ago, they called themselves human. There were ten fingers as they had, ten toes as they had. Unlike my first generation companions, my back had begun to have a concave curve instead of our seemingly gas like appearance of having no shape in our abdomens. My head had become that of an oval but no features other than blue and green tied together within my dark translucent skin. The rest of my body was still that of its original, two limp arms and legs with no defining traits other than an unusual amount of purple within the left and a strange variety of cool colors with small hints of yellow.
But it was only a handful of months according to my favorite calender from the humans, "Gregorian". Though I have made some minor changes to it in order to properly measure our days, months and years. Our planet spins faster, rotates faster and revolves around its star faster. Maybe another reason for these fragile beings to avoid making surface contact with our world.

But my mind comes back to something. These great beings, like the Gods the many humans worshiped. I have wondered, could I truly have the chance of meeting a being of such power in my time? Or would such a being destroy my meager existence with but a twitch of its brow. There is one thing that both I and what was us had agreed upon. I have gained my individuality and will not see it stripped away to be put back into what was us. I like me. I am me. I call myself Olbap.
=============================

I hope the dialogue wasn't to abstract or confusing, though it seems to read well for a being struggling between the idea of once being many but now comprehending that it is but one of many. To note, I've taken some influence from a variety of sources. Can you guess who the name Olbap is derived from?

Damn dude i think you should become a writer of books not just characters in an RP because you have the gift of using details well enough to put someone in the mind of the character (In this case Olbap) and the philosophy while in it's mindset is just mmind blowing i know this since i am an aspiring author myself, and unfortunately i dont know where your inspiration were derived from.

I am so sorry! The weather was really crappy yesterday and I use the library's internet with my laptop. So I couldn't go out yesterday -_- So I am so sorry!

Oblap = Pablo.

Figured I'd attribute some respect toward Pablo Picasso, considering the form which these anomalous beings have. Misshapen color in a strange abstract translucent body. The idea of Picasso occurred to me halfway through writing the character sheet and I thought I'd sneak that in.
Thank you for the kind compliment however, I rarely put any thought in text for others to read, so I suppose after eight years of bottling up thoughts and ideas there is an outlet which I've taken to long to pour them into it.

Ah that makes sense great choice, pablo was a master at the abstract art, and you are welcome for the compliment

"I am drugs." Said Pablo.

As for the story of this universe we find ourselves in....
How many roleplayers are you planning on taking part in this RP?
How long until we can begin discussing/brainstorming on how this journey will start. In that case, will we be starting individually, guided by both the muse and the flow of story for our paths to meet?

In my mind, however, most importantly; what event or happening will cause this story to begin a snowball effect?
Forgive me if there is something I may have missed in your initial post for this thread. Or will we be leaning of this once players are recruited, the IC and OOC are set up and we get this underway?
Anywho, I will be getting off shortly, just taking a break from yardwork to check up on the forum.

How many roleplayers are you planning on taking part in this RP?
How long until we can begin discussing/brainstorming on how this journey will start. In that case, will we be starting individually, guided by both the muse and the flow of story for our paths to meet?
In my mind, however, most importantly; what event or happening will cause this story to begin a snowball effect?
Forgive me if there is something I may have missed in your initial post for this thread. Or will we be leaning of this once players are recruited, the IC and OOC are set up and we get this underway?

Question 1 i dont exactly understand what you mean by that
Question 2 We can begin at any time, i was thinking along similar lines to starting individually
Question 3 A race of beings will stumble upon the planet because they needed to stop for repairs and supplies and since it is primarily a universe as science word spreads fast that myths are real etc.
no you didn't miss anything I just didn't put many details into the plot and opening that's my fault, I would like to be other players whether they join up before or jump in during (Shamefully I havent any clue as to what IC or OOC means) so when before those will come the discussion and after those will come the RP

As for the first question... how many people will be taking part? You, plus "X" amount of people.

Otherwise, I'm revving to go whenever your able to create a plot and scene to kick off the story and begin the arc.

I'm interested where this will go. Not sure if we're strictly sci-fi here, but then again, a quote a once heard from one of the grandest games of all time...
I take this from "Clarke's Third Law" which was quoted in a game, "Alpha Centauri".
The original quote I believe is "There exists a level of advancement such that any technology beyond there is indistinguishable from magic." Though, personally I've found a more refined version which states, "Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science." Example, an Azeliehv is capable of breaking the bounds of gravity by being able to drift or float into the air. One could distinguish this as magic while another could distinguish as technology; whereas another could state it is neither, 'nor supernatural, but that which is natural but is super. Reason I state this, is the "Gods" you speak of, could such a law apply to these beings as well. However, in this case, the law voids itself in a sense in a case where a being suspended the laws of the universe, or better yet, knows of a law that others were not aware of.

Sorry if I'm getting to technical or cryptic with that.
But its something I tend to address in my head whenever something in a 'realistic universe', despite whether its futuristic, sci-fi or fantasy, that I must address so that I may analyze that information in such a way.

Well so far it is three of us you, me, and Mz. Hyde i do hope there will be more especially after the banner is made.
No not strictly sci-fi, it is a Sci-Fi/Fantasy mash up.
and through technology certain magic is available whereas through magic certain technology is available.
You'll learn about hthe 'Gods' as we continue i am unwilling to give that away.
and so long as i understand what you're getting at i dont mind one bit how technical/cryptic you are though i may ask you to clarify otherwise

Well I've got the thread under watch mode, so I'll periodically check back and see who or what else may come about. Until then, I shall patiently wait for this story to begin.

I guess i'll take down this thread unless you want to start

umm...since it's jus the three of us, are we going to start the rp?

May as well, I'm sure we could manage something good with the three of us.

yeah okay.... hang on gotta remember how I was going to start it

Status
Not open for further replies.