A long silver ponytail struck out from the darkness of the night, the tips of the light strands touching the ground as the crouching female touched the flowers that seemed to have grown in mere moments. "Hm. . . " she hummed in a low tone putting her hands together to pay her respects before standing back up. There has been a fight here, she could smell the blood in the air, but there were only a few bodies that had been left. She had spotted those who had their faces slashed open as if they'd been attacked by a wild animal, but it was too methodical to be by a mere beast. "What a fearsome thing," Shayna muttered underneath her breath as her hands traveled over to her hips. The silver badge on her chest reflected off the moonlight that had witnessed it all, though it had no answers to give of what had happened here. The entire building, gone. It hadn't been demolished, it was more like it had vanished into thin air. How terrifying but elegant these troublemakers could be.

Ice cold eyes looked around. Now that she thought about, where were the others? A long sigh escaped before she brushed her bangs out of her eyes. "I swear--" she hissed to herself. "If they're slacking off again I'm going to show them why they shouldn't do that when I'm close," and with that, her eyes found Tucker and two officers who were idly chatting while she was working. Diaz and. . . who was the guy who wore chocolate as if it was makeup again? His name completely escaped her, not that Shayna was trying that hard to remember before she stepped over to the rest of them.

"Blood?" Shayna parroted Tucker. "Yeah, I saw a few that had been slashed up pretty bad. They died fast, but that is about what I can tell. There was something that looked like graves nearby, but other than that there is no evidence of what happened. Whoever did this, they did a pretty thorough job," she reported to the rest.

"Diaz and. . . " well she couldn't remember his name, so a nickname was as good as she could do. "--Chocolate face, did you guys find anything?" Shayna asked as she placed one hand on the hilt of the longsword resting at her hip. "I hope you guys didn't slack off again. . ." she felt her eyebrow twitch once. "--Tucker, just give me the word and I'll exact some vengeance for the extra work they give us by slacking off."

• Haha
Reactions: Spekkun
"Awh..." Palomo looked genuinely hurt by Shay's inability to recall his name. For a moment, it looked to Diaz as though he would spend the rest of the night sulking on the job, something more nightmarish than whatever had transpired here tonight. Thankfully, he seemed to have a thought that caused his face to light up. "She called me chocolate face! All women love chocolate, so that means she loves my face, meaning that she thinks my face is attractive." He smirked at Diaz, wriggling his eyebrows.

"...Wow." Diaz blinked. "I'm sure it had nothing to do with the chocolate covering your face right now...idiot..." She muttered herself before looking to Shay. "No no no! That won't be necessary, we're getting to work now!" She told the angel before hurrying towards one of the bodies.

Tucker chuckled, shaking his head. God did he love his partner. "Well...we'll give Diaz another chance, but Palomo- excuse me, Chocolate face," The comment got a small groan from Palomo, "I'll leave his fate up to you. Just don't hurt him so badly he can't work." He smirked before turning to face Shay.

"Multiple dead and I'm smelling a buncha things I've never smelled before. And I don't mean people, I mean things." A human is a human is a human is a human. The scents might vary but they had their similarities. Whatever he was smelling was not human. "Gotta be some type of creature or something. But now that I got the scent, I can track em', no problem." He told Shay, swiping at his nose with a smirk.

"It was definitely a crime of passion," Diaz called back to her superiors, "The bodies are messed up by what looks like claw marks! Well placed ones, to be honest." One of the throats of the victims was practically nonexistent, a gruesome sight to see. "Wow...at least this guy died fast." She commented, shaking her head.

"What do you think it was, Shay?" Palomo asked as he walked to her side, wiping the chocolate from his face with his shirt, ruining his uniform. "I mean, there are no footprints, no sign of a vehicle coming and going..." He trailed off, staring at her. "Think it was...a demon?" He'd seen lots of monsters, his bosses were an angel of vengeance and a demigod turned werewolf, but he'd never seen a demon. He almost sounded hopeful.​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: CrystalTears
Shayna was unsure whether she was impressed or horrified at the leap of logic "Chocolate Face" had just made. If he wanted to have it corrected, he could have told her his name, but instead, he decided to go along with it. How did this guy get his job again? Or more importantly, how was he keeping it? Witches, warlocks, ghosts, demons, spirits, monsters, beasts they were all possible culprits they could meet in their field of work, how was he still alive when they seemed to have a higher average intelligence than Chocolate Face? Her eyes shifted over to Diaz. Oh, right. There were the brains of Chocolate Face, they were partnered up for a reason. Was Diaz amazing or was Chocolate Face lucky? If she had to immediately answer, then she thought both were probably correct. Shayna's distressed expression turned into a gleeful one as Diaz picked up her slack and started working, though Chocolate Face was still hanging around.

"Palomo?" Shayna repeated. Oh right, that was probably Chocolate Face's name. The angel gave it a few thoughts, but the name really did not ring a single bell in her head. Had she simply forgotten him? It was probable. "It's not fair if I don't punish both," she said and withdrew her hand from her sword and instead took another look around the crime scene with Tucker. Unlike Tucker, Shayna didn't have a great sense of smell. Yes, she could smell the blood in the air, but the werewolf could clearly smell more than just that. "You're just like an oversized bloodhound, Tucker," Shayna returned his grin and chuckled. It was a compliment, after all, her partner's sense of smell had saved them the trouble of going through the entire town to search for some runaway thieves. That was way before they became chiefs though, but she wore her badge with pride and would never forget the hardworking, yet simpler, days.

"Whoever did this, at the very least, they had the decency to be quick. No matter how gruesome the aftermath, you could say it's a merciful kill," Shayna commented to Diaz' observations.

"Chief--" Shayna corrected Chocolate Face, she knew his name, but she decided against using it, before giving him a light smack at the back of his head. "Chief Shayna. Thank you," she huffed. "And what are you so gleeful about? If it's a demon, it's about to become very messy for you. And that means you can't slack," she added before allowing the light grey-feathered wings to appear on her back. A demon, huh? Unexpectedly, the thought made her feel excited. How long had it been since she even saw a demon? It was in her blood to have them as her mortal enemies, of course, she'd be a bit expectant. "Anyway Tucker," Shayna called out to her partner. "Can you track them down? The sooner we get a possible rampaging demon down to the station the better. If they can make an entire building disappear but still leave such a bloody mess behind, then I'm curious what they might be planning," she shared.

Her wings would allow them to travel faster, and Tucker's nose was all they needed to track someone down. It was a fantastic combination, which was why Shayna was forever grateful that Tucker was her partner. "Though are you sure it's only one? It feels like. . . The actions contradict one another. A slashed throat and corpses left in the open as if it's a warning, and then graves with even flowers. Feels like an odd combination," Shayna shared her opinion out loud for all four of them to think about. "Besides, we need to look into all of these people too now-- or well, at least what's left of them. I found some chains and old blood among the fresh, would suggest that there was something bad going on here," she said with a loud sigh. It seemed as if this entire case had just piled her desk up with work.

• Love
"Oh right, Chief Shayna!" Palomo wriggled his eyebrows. Can't forget the rank, the rank is important! Oh, how he liked a woman in charge! "Well truth be told, Chief Shayna, I ain't ever seen a demon before. I just thought that if I saw one, I could kick the bucket with a smile. I'd have seen it all!" Well, almost, anyway. He'd never seen a Unicorn, a pegasus, a dragon (at least of the eastern variety), Leprechaun or a talking chimpanzee. He had to see the talking chimpanzee. "I won't be too excited...but don't worry Chief, my chief." He reached out, placing a hand on her shoulder. "I may be but a lowly, fragile human being...but I'm willing to sacrifice my life to protect you from any creature, be it demon or leprechaun." He held a solemn look upon his face for just a moment before he tried to look both brave and attractive. However, it came out looking more stupid than anything.

"Amazing..." Diaz muttered dryly, shaking her head. "All this time to flirt and still hasn't gotten to work." At this point it was so infuriating that she'd take the punishment Shayla mentioned as well, just to see Palomo get his. "Get over here and help me bag the bodies!" She yelled at Palomo before she started doing just that, starting by slipping the feet of the corpse into a body bag.

"Oh, nice eye, Shay," Tucker called out to her. "This bloodhound was relying on his nose a little too much, and not enough at all." He snickered. Sometimes he was so easily caught up in his sense of smell that he forgot to use his eyes. He started sniffing the area again, following the trail of scents around for quite a moment before stopping where the front door would have been had the building still been there. "Huh...first there was one, then there were two." He told Shayla, confirming her theory. "But the scent stops here."

He looked a little upset by that knowledge. The fact the trail went cold, coupled with the bodies...oh god...the paperwork! Normally he'd like to finish the case and then make his subordinates do whatever paperwork there needed to be done while he played Minecraft. But that was more difficult to do while an investigation was in process. "Agh...unless they teleported or flew, they covered their tracks really good." He told the angel of vengeance, grumbling for a moment. "Teleporting makes the most sense, considering the building is gone as well. But, just to be sure."

The Demi-wolf crouched slightly and then jumped, launching himself surprisingly high into the air. Diaz and Palomo watched, a whistle coming from the former. When Tucker came back down, he landed on his feet with a loud thud, his head raised straight into the air. "Yeah...they flew, they definitely flew." He told Shayla, shaking his head. "Well...looks like its time to launch a proper investigation into this." He sounded pretty displeased. "I hope this is a good one though. It better be for all the desk work we're gonna have to do."​

• Love
Nauseous, she felt very sick. If Chocolate Face continued to talk, then she might just have to shut him up permanently, and Shayna was willing to do the extra paperwork that was required to be filled in when a subordinate was killed under her supervision. It would be a shame for Diaz, but maybe it was a lucky break to get rid of some dead weight. "Listen--" Shayna started as her eyebrow twitched a few more times out of pure annoyance. She had nothing against humans, if anything, humans showed the most bravery with their powerless bodies but the endless courage to stare death in the eyes. Angels didn't choose to protect humans because they needed it, but because their bravery required a shove before it got to shine. "--If you think that I am some sort of 'damsel in distress' waiting for her 'Prince Charming' to come in and save the day--" her eyebrow twitched again. Oh, how she hated to be bunched up with those who "needed" protection. Tucker was different, he wasn't protecting her, he had her back like she had his. However, Chocolate Face here was suggesting something vastly different.

"--Then I'll show you to an early grave," Shayna cracked her knuckles and sent a small nod of apology towards Tucker. It was like a warning to say in actions instead of words; "sorry, more paperwork" before she took a deep breath and gave Chocolate Face a decent kick in the butt before watching him tumble over the dirt and blood over to where Diaz was cleaning up the bodies. "Now get to work!" Her voice was a bit sterner than necessary, and her kick more powerful, but it was far better than anything her sword could have done. She puffed her chest and huffed at him, crossing her arms, just as Tucker landed back down from attempting to track the scent of the culprits who had left this, quite literally, bloody mess behind.

"They flew huh? That means not even your nose can track them down, the air isn't the best place for a scent to stick after all," Shayna sighed and allowed her wings to hide from view. It was how she blended in with perfectly normal humans, and while Tucker looked human, his height was eye-catching on its own that she wasn't sure if attempting to blend in was even worth it. "I guess that means we're not hunting them down tonight. I was looking forward to flying too, but if you can't find them and we need to get warrants to check this place out and lock it from the public, then we're going to be knee-deep in paperwork," Shayna sighs loudly. She ruffles her hair in pure frustration of what was meant to be "an easy job" turning into a complicated mess due to her observant eyes and Tucker's great nose.

"Hey Tucker, let's start that tomorrow. The night's still young right? Maybe there's a murderer or a thief we can have some fun with. I'm in the mood for bashing someone's head in," Shayna said boldly, and loud enough for Chocolate Face and Diaz to hear her. "Unless you wanna go back and start filing through the court order for a warrant and then searching the archives for whatever this location was previously," she added in the pure attempt of making the dreadful future of paperwork seem even more awful so Tucker would join her crusade through the town to find anything more fun to do. Diaz and Dirt face (a new nickname for him now) would take care of the bodies and the formalities, so Shayna and Tucker were free to go. . . probably.

• Bucket of Rainbows
"Oh...okay..." Palomo looked both frightened and intrigued. But as much of a flirt as he was, he knew when enough was enough. He liked to think of her patience as a battery. All he had to do was let it recharge! "Off to work then, boss!" He gave her a small salute before rushing off to go help Diaz with the bodies.​
Tucker watched him go, shaking his head. "What a yutz." He muttered, sighing. "He's not all bad, but he's a total...yutz." He was a good officer when he worked, but admittedly, his people skills needed work. Especially with women. Tucker had a prediction that if Palomo were ever to die in the field, it would be because some woman caught his eye and played him for a fool, or he got distracted in the heat of battle. Both were highly plausible and very pathetic. But at least it was entertaining to watch from time to time.​
"Anyway, starting tomorrow is a good idea." He nodded his head in agreement with Shayla. "The night is too precious to spend chasing a cold trail. I'm a werewolf, but I ain't chasin' my tail in circles." He snorted, a smirk on his face. "Come on...what do you think I wanna do? I say we make those two do the paperwork," He jerked a thumb at Palomo and Diaz, who both groaned loudly at the mere notion of it, "While we go have fun. I mean, that way, all we gotta do when we get back is sign off on the papers! Hard part out of the way!"​
"Come on guys, that's not fair!" Palomo whined. "I got a cat at home, he needs me!" While he did have a cat, he was pretty sure that his cat did not need him. In fact, Little Poko was probably having a blast at home while he was gone. He wouldn't be surprised to return to his apartment and spot a bunch of new scratch marks on his furniture.​
"I...have to agree..." Diaz spoke up slowly but surely. "I mean...uh, Palomo only has a cat to worry about, but I've been working since this morning. I was kind of looking forward to catching some sleep...can't we leave the paperwork for tomorrow?" She asked, hoping to meet them halfway. She had no problem doing the desk jobs, she just didn't want to do it tonight. She wanted to go home, slip into a nice and hot bath and fall asleep while watching whatever documentary was airing on animal planet.​
[/JUSTIFY]

Shayna loved the idea of having Dirt Face and Diaz do the paperwork for them, in hindsight, they had slacked off and done some idle chatter while Tucker and herself had been working. Granted, it turned into a cold trail, and it wasn't that much work, but who were they to say that their efforts shouldn't be rewarded? It was a good idea to punish people for not doing their job correctly anyway, especially to their subordinates. Their excuses, whether reasonable or not, fell on completely deaf ears as Shayna was already loving the idea of skipping the paperwork. What was better than pushing it to tomorrow? Not doing it at all, and it had been a while since she and Tucker had the chance to just hit the town, quite literally depending on what would happen.

"Oh but. . ." Shayna started and decided to play the "innocent" part. "I thought you were willing to sacrifice yourself for me. . ." her sky blue eyes glued themselves to Dirt Face, knowing that she probably couldn't use this trick on Diaz. "If you do me this favor. . . I'll do something for you in return," Shayna started. "A big favor," she smiled. Little did he know that the "favor" was just not telling the boss of them slacking, but all things considered it would save them from a huge lecture from their somewhat old-fashioned superior.

However, she did have to appease to Diaz too. "And if you do this, then there won't be any late-night shifts for you guys in a while," though this was a complete guess. Some part of the investigations would be done by just Shayna and Tucker, which was reliant upon whether or not it would be dangerous. Fighting was hard enough without having to protect someone. "So unless you wish to do a couple of all-nighters this week, it would be better to do it tonight, right?" Shayna smiled brightly to the both of them and elbowed Tucker in the side in the hopes that he would support her claims.

The both of them just needed to have some fun! Their days at the station was about to be filled with investigations and paperwork anyway, so Shayna figured that they should enjoy what the world had to offer before they had to seclude themselves away from it in paper castles.

• Haha
"Ughh..." Diaz groaned, partially from Shayna's bargaining and from the body she and Palomo were now carrying towards their vehicle, shaking her head in the process. "Fine...fine I'll do it. But I wanna leave early tomorrow!" She agreed, exasperated. "Or give me another partner tomorrow...either works..."

Palomo grumbled, shaking his head. "Sorry boss, you're hot and all, but as much of a lady's man as I am, I'm even lazier." He spoke almost as if he was proud of his laziness. "Unless that favor is a sweet date where you pay for my meal, I don't wanna!" He told her, huffing and cross his arms to emphasize his own petulance. Unfortunately for Diaz, the crossing of his arms meant that he was no longer carrying the body by its feet. Unable to support the weight, Diaz fell forward with the body, shrieking as it fell on her back. "Oh, oops...sorry buddy." He apologized to his now pissed partner.

"Heh...nice." Tucker couldn't help but snicker at Diaz's misfortune. As much as he loved berating Palomo for his general incompetence, he also loved laughing at Diaz's misfortune, especially when it came at the hands of Palomo. That's why he made them partners! "Anyway, just do the job or you're fired." He told them matter-of-factly, raising his nose in the air. "Or better yet, you guys can be my sparring my partners tomorrow..."

"...Okay...okay..." They both spoke quickly, sounding almost depressed. Diaz simply wanted to get over with, while Palomo thought about looking for a new job. He helped her remove the body and carry it back to the car.

"Now that that's settled, let's go look for trouble." Tucker told Shay. "Any suggestions? I mean if not, I know this great place where we could get food and find some bones to break."​

• Nice Execution!
"Oh nice," Shayna said and fell out of the "innocent" role she had tried her best to play. That saved her a lot of trouble. Paperwork was one of her greatest enemies, and she just might have been persuaded to do that date. Thankfully, Tucker came to her rescue before she had to offer anything as gruesome as a date with Dirt Face over there. "Well, that settles that," the angel said and gazed over to where Diaz and Dirt Face were struggling with getting the body in the car. She would have helped, but there was some greater evil somewhere in the city that needed to be defeated first. Of course, they still had to find that greater evil. Either way, while escaping paperwork, they still had to look it over to make sure it was good enough. "If I see any faults in your paperwork, I'll be using you guys as my sparring dummies!" To be honest, not even Shayna knew if that was a threat or something she was sort of looking forward to now.

"Oh?" Her attention instantly drew itself to Tucker with the promise of both trouble and some food. If there was anything that would make her feel better than smiting someone, it would be a good hearty meal to boost. "This sounds promising!" Shayna grinned and locked her arms with Tucker's.

"Lead the way, Chief Tucker!"

• Bucket of Rainbows
"Ha...nice." Tucker snickered at Shay's words. Honestly, he sometimes wasn't sure if he was being a bad influence on her, or if she was secretly this way all along and he was just a catalyst to bring it out. Either way, he was having fun with it. "We'll take the scenic route, maybe spot something along the way." He told her as he started walking.

It was a brisk walk, with a bit of length to it, but Tucker didn't mind, and he was sure Shay didn't either. The fresh air was always nice, and any extra time they spent outside instead of behind a desk was much appreciated. The part of town they were in wasn't particularly nice, but where they were going, things got substantially worse. While the environment was all the same, the streets were eerily quiet, with hardly a soul walking along the sidewalks.

It was less than a half an hour of walking when Tucker's ears picked up what sounded trouble. "Hey, I think I got something." He told Shay, his nose wriggling a bit. "And hey...this is interesting...smells pretty similar to one of those dead guys we found earlier." He told her. Though it was unexpected, he was hoping that they would find something or someone that could tell them about what happened at that place. A witness, perhaps. But this? This was just as good.

"They're in there." He jerked a thumb, pointing to an alleyway up ahead. "Probably....four or five guys? Picking on someone else. Someone a little injured and terrified." He told her, a small laugh leaving his chest. "Sounds like they're really roughing him up. Time to stretch those arms and kick some butt, eh?" He told her, motioning ahead. He'd let her go first, it was her idea to go looking for trouble after all.​

It was strange to think that a couple of steps was all it took to return to the city. Yes, it was as dead as the people they had picked up, but the silence was a sort of solace from the life that bustled from the place at more reasonable hours.

Their steps were the only sounds they made, any idle chatter wasn't really necessary between the two of them. Shayna knew that if they talked then, Tucker wouldn't be able to pick up voices or sounds, so for just a few moments, she closed her eyes to try and listen too. Her ears were only able to pick up the light breeze that passed them by and some distant party music that probably wasn't that far away. It was apparently loud enough for Tucker, and while the walk was enjoyable, the moment Shayna's ears also caught up on the arguing, only then did she open her eyes again.

"Oh?" Shayna said and peeked around the corner. An alleyway, of course, it had to be an alleyway. How cliche. It seemed like they were trying to rob the poor guy, and while Shayna's retribution was harsher than what they needed, it didn't mean she wasn't giving it to them. Plus, if that guy was a potential witness or runaway victim, then all the more reason to save him. "Yeah, something like that," the angel grinned and cracked her knuckles. "In the name of justice, and to avoid boredom!" She laughs before heading over to the alleyway.

"Hand over your wallet!" One of the guys said while another one laughed. Shayna cut the corner just as one of them gave the poor guy a solid kick to his stomach, and she swore she heard something crack.

"You need a wallet?" Shayna asks and picks up a decently sized rock from the ground. "Well then, why don't you just ask me?!" And with that, the angel threw the rock like a baseball, though unfortunately, there was no home run. The rock hit the first guy straight in the head before she dashed in to have some fun. Obviously, murdering these people would be going too far so Shayna's longsword would have to rest in its sheath, but she wasn't the type to be afraid of getting her hands dirty. "Hey, Tucker!" she called out and ducked underneath a fist aimed for her face. "--Get in here! Have some fun!" She said before the victim dashed for the exit of the alleyway.

"--And get the rabbit!" She added. "Rabbit" was the nickname of anything that ran away. Whether it be a victim, witness or culprit, "rabbits" had to be caught so they could be taking in for questioning.

• Bucket of Rainbows
"Heh, you trust the wolf with the rabbit? I applaud you." Tucker called to Shayna from the mouth of the alleyway. Before the victim could run past him he grabbed him by the back of his jacket, holding him in the air for a brief second. "You stay here, buddy." He told the guy as he lowered him to the ground. The concrete unnaturally opened up, allowing for the man's feet to sink inside before it closed around him, leaving him stuck in place. "We're gonna have to ask you some questions later."

Something about this guy smelled...off, but Tucker ignored it for now. He wasn't going to let Shayna have all the fun. She already stole one of his favorite opening moves: rock throwing! "Here I come, here I come!" He called out as he approached the action.

One wouldn't think he was about to enter a fight from the way he walked. His arms were at his sides and his hands weren't even balled into fists. He was completely relaxed. But the moment one of the thugs raised his hand to throw a punch, Tucker quickly raised his hand and thrust an open palm into the man's torso. The man puked as he went flying into the air. Luckily, or unluckily for him, the alleyway was quite narrow, as he hit the brick wall with a thud, breaking some of the bricks before sliding to the ground unconscious.

"Heh, this doubles as a good interrogation tactic," Tucker spoke to Shay as he raised an arm to block an attack from a thug's bat. He curled his arm around it and easily snatched the bat from him, taking a moment to hit the guy on the head with it, "Our little rabbit is going to be pretty shaken up by all of this." He snickered, twirling the bat and hitting the thug in the head with it in what seemed like a love tap. The thug crumpled to the ground instantly. "So put on a good show. I want him to piss himself."​

• Haha
"An interrogation?" Shayna asked and dodged another punch that was aimed for her face, stepping a little bit back, before giving him a roundhouse kick to his face, knocking him into the brick wall. "Oh. . . Heh," she grinned and looked at their unassuming rabbit that was caught in quite the predicament. Usually, they would treat their witnesses a lot better than getting them stuck in a hole, but if he was running away and Tucker said this would work as an "interrogation" and not "interview", then there was something off about their dear little "rabbit" friend. "Sir, yes sir," Shayna replied before her wings spread themselves on her back. If she was to make a show, then she had to make it as flashy as possible, not to mention, she had to spill some blood.

She drew her sword but turned it around so that the blade wouldn't cut, but instead be used as a blunt weapon. Of course, if she put in enough force, she could cut through someone, but she had no intentions to do so to petty thieves. "I'll make sure that he won't be disappointed!" Shayna said as he charged another of the thieves, dodging the punch and grabbing his arm to twist it around his back. She didn't stop until there was a loud "crack" and the man screamed before writhing in pain from his dislocated shoulder. Next, in the mood to pretend she was playing baseball, she swung her sword like a bat and hit him straight in the stomach. The angel had put some real force behind her hit, and she might have broken a rib or two before the poor guy coughed some blood. He wouldn't die, but a hospital visit might not be a bad idea.

"Phew," Shayna sighed and wiped some blood off her face. Her and lit up as she healed the poor guy she hit last, just so he didn't have a punctured lung or anything, though it was only enough to keep him alive. "There we go, are you done over there?" Shayn asked before smirking to their "rabbit" with still some specks of red on her face. "Mister, I've had a pretty bad night and I'm in the mood for violence. Don't worry, I can heal you so we can hit you as hard as we want." Shayna added with a mischevious grin spreading itself over her lips. Oh, how she loved intimidation. Back at the station, she would have gotten yelled at, but out in the street, anything was allowed.

• Love
"Pretty much! One last thing!" Tucker answered Shayna as he grabbed the last guy and threw him straight up into the air. The guy went high enough to overshoot the rooftops of the buildings surrounding the alleyway before he started to fall, screaming the entire way down. Right before he hit the ground, however, Tucker caught him by his ankle, which unfortunately ended up twisted in the process. "Now I'm done!" He commented before raising the man up to his eye level. The guy had stopped screaming and was now unconscious, something that made the Demiwolf snicker. "What a wimp."

Dropping the body and dusting his hands off he turned to their little "rabbit". "Now then!" The man had been trying his best to pull his feet free but stopped the moment he realized the two had turned their attention to him. "Let's make some rabbit stew, shall we?" He snickered and opened his mouth wide, baring his elongated and sharp fangs.

"No! Don't!" The man cried out and threw his arms up in a rather feeble attempt to shield himself. "What the hell do you want with me?! I'm the victim here, dammit! Is this anyway for cops to act?! I oughta get my lawyer! You can't eat me!"

"Tch...wimp," Tucker muttered, lucking his teeth before closing his mouth. "He smelled funny. He actually had the same scents on him that disappeared into the sky earlier." He told Shayna in a hushed tone. "He was definitely there, and the fact that he's this shaken up couldn't just be from us. He knows something."

"Lawyer?" Shayna asked with a cocked brow as she stepped closer. Oh, how she loved the concept of lawyers. If worshiping Nemesis had thought her anything, it was that justice is blind. Lawyers were the humans' twisted ways of attempting to tip the scale one way or the other, which gave avenging angels like her a lot more work to do. They didn't do petty revenge errands, no, they made sure that all injustice was corrected so balance could return to the scales that tip too easily. "You silly rabbit," Shayna smiled all too sweetly as she approached her prey. "Do you really think you can get a lawyer in time before Mr. Werewolf eats you up?" She asked before spreading her large light grey wings. "Or before this angel sends your soul to the afterlife?" Not knowing how or why this guy was involved, promising him Heaven was too risky of a bet so afterlife would have to do.

Hearing that Tucker confirmed his scent with that of the crime scene, or what had been left of it anyway, made it all the more clear that they needed to get this guy to talk. Rabbits were eager to talk, if scared enough.

"Now, dear Mr. Rabbit," Shayna said and gave him a wicked smile and spoke in a low tone as she retreated. "I may be an angel, but I am not one of mercy. If he decides to make you into a stew or chew your bones until they crack underneath his fangs, I won't do anything to stop him, so I recommend talking before he gets too hungry," she kindly suggested while keeping up her smile. The angel even "cutely" tilted her head to the side, as if that would add to the offer. "Otherwise, you can live pretty long without a few limbs, you can even talk, so you decide whether it's before or after that happens."

The man seemed to be having a panic attack. He began hyperventilating, vigorously shaking his head left to right for a few moments before calming down at least a little bit. "Okay, okay, fine! I'll tell you whatever you want to know!" He raised both his hands, as if to surrender. "Just ask me whatever!" He was reluctant to speak, scared even. If he was found out as a snitch then it was his head. Or worse. But the same thing could be said for him right now if he didn't snitch. And he'd much rather be shot to death than eaten by a werewolf or stabbed to death by an angel.

"Nice!" Tucker was pleased he gave in so easily. The less time he had to spend interrogating someone the better. Now that all the fighting was over he was starting to get a little bored. "So let's start with where you came from, buddy. We just came from what was left of whatever kind of building was there, and your scent was all over tha place." He reached a hand out towards the man and pinched his nose, wiggling it side to side. "So why don't you tell us all about it, and then we might let you go."

"Ngh...!" The man grumbled, his eyes tearing up from the pain of having his nose pinched. "Okay! I was there, yeah! It was a penthouse before those beasts killed everybody!" The moment he finished speaking Tucker let go of his nose, and both of the man's hands clasped around it, to both soothe and protect his snout from any further abuse. "Then they destroyed the whole damn building! Ain't ever seen nothin' like it!"​

• Love
Thankfully, the guy didn't need more coaching before he started to talk. Shayna was pretty sure she couldn't let Tucker eat him, and neither could they rip off a few limbs, it would be too much work to clean up and heal, so she was happy he didn't need a demonstration. Some of these guys were hard to make talk, where intimidation worked worse than temptation, and she wasn't so good with the latter. She watched as Tucker pinched the poor rabbit's nose, giggling a little bit in amusement from how the poor human was about to piss his pants if either of them dared to threaten him further. Thankfully, they were outside so if the worst happened it would only be the stench and not the cleanup to worry about.

"Beasts?" Those had to be the two scents that Tucker had picked up going up into the air. They flew somehow, which made the werewolf lose their scents. However, other than that, the rabbit wasn't giving them anything new to go on. "Now, tell us more about those beasts and what was going on in the penthouse. I don't like beating around the bush, so any vague answers and--" Shayna pulled out her longsword before putting the blade against the man's arm, putting down some pressure, but not cutting through skin. "--and that's one arm down," she smiled. "So if I were you, I'd start spilling everything I know."

• Haha
"Gah..." It never failed. You give the boys in blue an inch and they take a god damn mile. He didn't doubt for a second that the female would poke and slash at him with her sword. In fact, he would go so far as to say that she was hoping for it. But if he told them everything then he was likely to be killed a day or two into whatever investigation they were going to launch. At the same time some things were far worse than death. "You guys are going to kill me."

Tears streaked down his cheeks as he rolled his options over in his head. "I'll tell you. But...you gotta promise to keep me safe! Once I say somethin', I'm as good as dead, ya hear!? They'll cut me down in less than an hour into your little investigation! And if that's gonna happen. well then missy you might as well take that sword of yours and stuff it down my throat, pointy end first." He was still scared. In fact he was shaking. But he seemed to be adamant about it. "Promise me safety and I'll tell you everything! Even what those two monsters looked like! From head to toe! Hell, I'll even tell you everything they're capable of!"

Tucker let out a small grunt, crossing his arms as he did so. The guy made a fair point. It made sense that he'd be concerned with covering his tracks, but it was infuriating him to no end, the crying especially. He stayed silent however, leaving the choice to his partner. If she said no then he was sure they could find another way to pry that info out of him. If she said yes then it'd be as easy as pie. Still, he had to ask. "Give my partner here something to go on, and she'll decide if it's worth keeping you alive."

The man grit his teeth, glancing at the werewolf before looking to the angel once more. "That penthouse...it's part of something big, something you wouldn't believe! Well, seeing as you two are supernatural yourselves, you probably could. It was used for curses and magic, demons and devils, that sorta thing." He crossed all of his toes and every finger he could, praying that would be enough to earn some sort of mercy. "Look lady, I said too much as is. Please, protect me!"​

• Love
Shayna listened to every single word the, now crying, the rabbit was giving them. In all honesty, it wasn't too much to go on currently. It seemed as if there was some shady business going on there, considering how their rabbit would turn into a rat and then be exterminated. In other words, they had hit the jackpot of cases. The paperwork was going to be a killer, but that was something to think about later. Though, the same would be for filling in the holes that the human was giving them. Oh well, if he wanted protection then Shayna was happy to give it to him for making their jobs a little bit easier.

"Okay, I'll give you protection from them," she said but her sword stayed where it was. "However, you're not getting one inch from me so I don't want any more vague answers," she was quite serious. If he had no intentions of speaking up properly, then she had no intentions on leaving his arm intact. Matter of fact, if he didn't speak then they didn't need him. And since he was so worried about what would happen to him if "they" found him, she might as well make it quick and easy for the poor rabbit. "But my patience is wearing thin," she said and pressed the sword's blade a bit further down. She drew blood, but it was only a small cut that would take less than ten seconds for her to heal. "You won't need to worry about what they'll do to you if you don't start speaking up," she wasn't joking. Beating around the bush was something she hated, after all, revenge was a pretty straight answer.

"After you've spoken, we'll take you somewhere safe," which all depended on how good the information was, however, death was the protection from something deadly, wasn't it?

• Bucket of Rainbows
"Alright, alright, you got yourselves a deal!" Gone were the sniffles and the tears. His eyes remained red, however, and his shirt was still wet from his crying earlier. "Look, that building is where a bunch of trading went on." He told Shayna, trying to figure out how to best explain it to her. "We pay people to uh...secure...things." He rubbed the back of his neck. "Then they bring em' to us, and we auction em' off there."

"What kind of things? Come on, now! Use your words!" Tucker urged him on as if he was speaking to a child. He even made a "go on" gesture with his hands, nodding his eyes as he spoke. "You can do it!"

"Tch." The man scoffed and raised his hand, flipping the bird at Tucker. "Look. We found anything magical and sold it to the highest bidder." He told Shayna directly, sighing. "And I mean anything. Doesn't matter if it was Merlin's amulet, some magic socks or even a living thing. If anyone would buy it, we would fetch it and sell it for the top dollar." He let out a brief sigh. "I guess that's how we got into this mess though. The little freaks that killed my busines- I mean, killed my companions and blew up the auction house? One of em' was supposed to be sold a day or two from now. My best guess? The second monster was a sister or somethin'. Came lookin' to save her."​

• Love