The Darkness in the Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
LEON LANDALL

giphy.gif

It was about now when August would be wondering where Leon had ran off to. He wanted to surprise his friend with good breakfast, but he was being busy with someone else. The blond saw the smile on the thugs face, was he amusing? Leon couldn't help but smile back a little.

"Zaden." He repeated, finding the name interesting. It fitted him. The bad boy. Leon didn't know what his type was, but he was pretty sure now bad boys were going to be his thing from now on. As long as they weren't criminal bad boys. Except this one.

The mention of the papers made Leon bite his lip. Leon Lux and Enigma were ambiguously connected. Some people knew that Leon was the B-list sidekick, the ball of blasting light. Enigma was much more hidden. "Then... You should know that I can be dangerous." Leon finally let himself smirk, not admitting to his powers, but just communicating enough to give Zaden the idea. He wasn't sure why he was acting like this, probably because he now thought he was in on a chance of seeing more of this bad boy, "Ah, you must no tell people who I am." He cursed, almost telling himself off for trying to do that.

"I know you can be dangerous, sure. Except, you use your powers to help. I don-- I wouldn't, if I had powers," he quietly explained, that being yet another difference he felt there was between them, and another reason he shouldn't get involved, but he was pretty much too deep to really back out now, and subconsciously, he really, really didn't want to. The repercussions of this would be great if Damon found out, though then again, he didn't plan on letting him know, and if he did, then he could always play it off with an excuse. He could simply say that he was getting closer to get information on Enigma - simple.

"Hey, I won't tell anyone, relax will 'ya? See, the panic makes me realise how much of a goody-two-shoes you are, and I hate those people. If I were in your shoes, I literally couldn't give a shit who found out about me," he mumbled, pulling his sunglasses on once the morning sunlight became a little harsher the more minutes passed. "I find it endearing, hon-" he paused quietly at the pet name. Really? Hon? "-ah... shouldn't you be going off to Enigma? Like the loyal little puppy you are, or are you gonna be a bad ass and share the bagels with me instead?"​

LEON LANDALL

giphy.gif

The slip in Zaden's sentence made Leon curious, but he didn't push it. Leon knew that if he pestered this guy, he would probably get hurt. When he mentioned about being a goodie-two-shoes, Leon pouted a little. Well, it was true, if you could call heroes goodie-two-shoes. "Well, I do have a reputation." Leon said proudly, watching Zaden put on his sunglasses. Hon? The little pet name made Leon's cheeks go a small pink colour, that was cute. He nibbled his lip, forcing the bashful smile to stop.

Ah, August. He couldn't forget about his friend. Leon looked behind him, scared somebody would see this. Well, he didn't want to leave his new friend just yet. "Well. Do you like chocolate?" Leon finally get his smile get the best of him, his face lighting up. August could just do with a bagel right? He'd cook tonight to silently make up for this. Leon put a hand into the bag and pulled out one of the muffins he bought. Leon bit his lip as he offered it to Zaden, like he was offering food to a lion.

Eyeing him curiously, as though a moment's conscience had kicked in, it evidently hadn't when he ignored what was the right thing to do, and simply grabbed the muffin with a widened grin. He admittedly loved going against what was right, he got off on crime, and while there was nothing criminal about eating a muffin with another person, he realised it was wrong given just who they were: intrinsically opposite.

And given just who they helped, neither August or Damon would really be pleased if they saw the two at the moment, and knowing that, Zaden quietly gestured him to follow down a nearby alley - nothing dark or dangerous, but just somewhere to conceal them both from public view. That was the positive of this. The only other problem? The sudden intimacy that came with the narrowed space, but he easily held back from showing that thought on his expression, or he'd have probably done something he hated: blush.

"These are damn good, huh?" He smiled, more like a smirk in truth, as he licked the chocolate from his lip, at the corner, before humming appreciatively under his breath at the taste. "I don't really eat anythin' healthy, hon. Literally, I should be, like, 20 stone or somethin', all I eat is rubbish and I'm not a fan of the gym. I mean, I went once, and I ended up punching some guy and knockin' him out, so..."​

LEON LANDALL

giphy.gif

The snatch by Zaden made Leon jump a little. The male was violent even when he didn't try, that wasn't fun. Leon looked into the bag and pulled out a blueberry one he had bought for himself. He looked back up to Zaden, who was gesturing to walk away. Had someone seen? Leon looked behind him before nodding, cars were beginning to fill up the street. He happily followed him into the ally, nibbling at his muffin.

"I agree." He looked up, his eyes looking down to the flickering tongue, removing the chocolate. Damn, he kept calling him hon, was this usual for guys like him? Leon wished he was more experienced with men, so he could at least pick up what he was looking for. "Oh..." Leon looked up to Zaden's eyes, his own a little fearful. "I do no go to gym. But I do no put on weight... I'm kind of a skinny guy." Leon looked down at his own skinny frame. As soon as he hit collage, Leon was looking at the jocks in both envy and desire. All the superheroes he had seen in the comic books were muscular and tall, whereas he was skinny and small. Leon let a little sigh out before looking back at his muffin, nibbling it again.

"... Do you, punch people often?" Leon asked out of curiosity, a little bit of fear in his voice. A bit of a dumb question to ask a criminal, he thought.

"Course you don't put on weight, you're perfect-- but I don't put on weight either," he shrugged, cursing himself for the constant complimenting he seemed to be paying the other, forcing himself to remember that he wasn't just some nice, cute boy, but also the hero's sidekick, and the ones that he had planned with Damon to kill pretty soon.

That wasn't seeming just as desirable now he had talked to Leon. This Enigma guy? He'd happily take part in his death, that was fine, but for once in his life, he really couldn't see himself inflicting pain on Leon. He was a nice enough person, and the fact he was physically attracted to him helped a great deal too.

"Sorry, do I what? Punch people a lot? Yeah, like, for fun. I don't expect 'ya to understand. I just like having the control, really. Plus it's always fun dealing with a bit of blood-- again, you wouldn't understand," he laughed, polishing off the cake with another small smile, dabbing the excess crumbs from his mouth with the back of his hand. "You help people, mate. I like to fuck 'em up. We're just opposites."​

LEON LANDALL

giphy.gif

Perfect. Leon blinked and looked down quickly, maybe he didn't mean it in such a flirty way, but his cheeks were burning up. The boy was oblivious to the fact the boy he was talking to was meant to kill him soon.

"I do no understand." Leon let out an awkward and shaky laugh. Of course he didn't understand, Leon hated to hurt people. One time when he threw the remote at August when he was annoyed with him and hit him pretty hard, Leon almost cried out his apology. He shrugged, finishing up eating his food. The distance between the two only registered in his head when he shuffled around to put the wrapper back in his bag.

With a pause of silence, Leon looked up to the closer faced Zaden, a blush on his face, "Is that a bad thing?" Leon blinked, deciding to explain himself, "Do no opposite attract?" Leon sucked in his lip, wide-eyed and wondering if he had overstepped a line.

"They do say opposites attract, yeah," he admitted with a small chuckle, the fact the other continued to blush and present himself in this rather endearing manner making it just all the more difficult for Zaden to even contemplate killing him later on, and if he did kick up a fuss about it, Damon would just sense something was up and that wasn't entirely desirable either.

Sighing to himself at the moral conundrum between wanting to actually rid the superheroes' existence in the city, and saving the life of the first person he found himself genuinely fancying. For someone like Zaden, it was rare to go this long without insulting or cussing at them, so that in itself was proof to him he must like the boy, despite being his binary opposite in every sense. "...Can I get 'ya number, mate? You're cool, and I sorta like the innocent thing you have goin' on. It's cute, as I've probably already said."​

LEON LANDALL

giphy.gif

When asked for his number, Leon had to stop himself from giggling like a school girl. It felt so awesome to finally have it happen. It was in all those movies he had watched, and nobody had asked him before. But now... "Yes, you can." He grinned, quickly rummaging through his jean pockets to find the phone with his number on. "Ah-" Leon read out his number, slowly, making sure Zaden would get it right. "Yes?" He checked, biting the inside of his cheek nervously.

Leon checked the time, he'd been out for a while and August would have questions if he didn't get back soon. "Ah, I must leave. Please, text me?" Leon gave his new friend a smile, before he turned around, almost running away. He turned quickly to give a small wave goodbye before walking around the corner. As soon as he thought he was out of sight, Leon finally broke his usually stony face with a big grin and a giggle. The boy hopped a little, excited to have a boy ask for his number. If only he could tell August, but if he knew the kind of boy he was about to text, August might have other thoughts.

"I am back." Leon had calmed down on his walk home, face making its way back to the robotic expression, "I went out to buy us breakfast." Leon opened the bag and put the food out onto the table, waiting for August to appear.

"Hm? Oh, thanks. You didn't have to," the older man smiled, appearing by his side from his study once hearing him enter - he had wondered where he was when waking and not seeing him stuck to those textbooks as he usually was, but didn't really have any concerns or worries over his whereabouts. He certainly didn't imagine that he was talking to some criminal who had ulterior motives and was planning to get rid of them both, but to be fair, Leon didn't know that either.

"Oh, you went to that neat bakery? It's such a nice little place." August smiled, that charming smile always coming natural but one that did gain him many things. He didn't use it purposely, and he didn't charm his way up the ladder - he liked to think he got his job solely based on his education and hard work, but his charm had helped a great deal when the woman who owned the paper had taken a fancy to him. His looks, despite him not being fully aware of them in truth, had actually caved his ay of an easy life all through high school, as had his popular personality and goody-two-shoes demeanour.

"I was just researching those villains," he murmured, sitting at the table with his phone in hand, scrolling down the page with his thumb, his other hand holding the bagel he had thanked Leon about three times for by now. "There's not a lot about them-- I mean, I'd be scared to write an article badmouthing them, you know? And I'm a fricking... superhero... ugh, I hate that word, it's so pretentious..."​

LEON LANDALL

giphy.gif

"Yes." Leon nodded as he also began eating his bagel. He took off his shoes quickly and walked with his food in one hand, his phone in the other to his outlay of textbooks. It looked weird, the way Leon sat in a circle of open books, but he liked it. The boy had a surprising appetite, and has nibbled his way through the bagel in no time. He was already checking his texts, just in case, when August spoke up again.

"Well, maybe they're called Deception and Ghost or a reason?" Leon shrugged, figuring villains didn't take the limelight like heroes did. Leon let out a small airy giggle, he literally did take the limelight. It wasn't hard to miss the neon ball of light energy that was Lux. "Well we both are. We do have abilities which are super. Then, we have saved people's lives. So, super-hero." Leon said like a smartass as he looked up to grin sarcastically at August. "But, nobody does know who you are. Or me. Well-" Leon blinked, "I am hard to miss."

DAMON STOKER

tumblr_nihy1vpazB1rau7hjo1_500.gif

Dressed up nicely in his beige suit jacket and blue shirt, Damon typed away in his office. His job was one of the hardest, defending the scumbags. Because everyone was entitled to a fair trial, it meant somebody had to represent the criminals, and that was Stoker's job. It made people dislike him more than they usually would, but Damon obviously didn't have a regard for justice.

"Finishing for lunch. Wanna eat at 1? I'll buy." Damon texted Zaden. He wanted to unload some ideas on the plan for getting to the heroes. Damon put down his phone and continued to type of his defense for a young criminal who was caught as part of a bank robbery. Apparently wrong place wrong time.​

"Since when did you get cocky?" He asked with a arched brow, not really used to the other's sarcasm, though in reality, he did find it more amusing than anything. Anything other than robotic movements and flat expressions just came as a welcome surprise. He liked Leon regardless, but seeing him act more human -even if he was just that- was always nice.

Simply smiling in response, chuckling a little under his breath soon after, he did settle back with the bagel until the other opened his mouth to talk again, and once he did, he silently swallowed the mouthful he had contemplatively. "Honestly, I initially just didn't want my identity known because I just don't need the spotlight, but it's even more important now, Leon. These... villains. They're clearly going to target us at some point, and if we keep our identities hidden, then... we're at least going to be safe in our normal, everyday lives, right? I really don't want to be killed anytime soon, haha..."

----------

And contrastively to Damon, the other villain had simply returned back to bed once arriving back to the apartment to see Damon had already left - probably a good thing in the grand scheme of things when he really didn't have an excuse for where he had been. And because of that, he immediately collapsed back into bed with a can of beer and a cigarette, despite it still only being early morning.

Though not that that necessarily mattered to him.

Stretching out quietly, he reached for his phone to text Leon, mostly because he really couldn't wait any longer as soppy as that made him feel, only to receive the text from Damon. Lunch did sound nice. 'Yeah sure, see you at the diner?' He texted back - it wasn't the diner he had approached Leon at. That was far too nice for him to turn up at, he knew most people glanced at him when he was there curiously given he hardly fitted in. The diner downtown, however, was somewhere he often spent his time if he wasn't at the apartment.

LEON LANDALL

giphy.gif

Cocky? Leon tilted his head, not quite understanding what August was talking about. He still needed to get to grips with some of the English words. He refreshed his texts again, if Zaden didn't text him soon, Leon would begin to get nervous. Surely then, August would notice something was up.

He looked up when August began talking again. "Well, we do no be seen." Leon shrugged, they didn't take the spotlight. Well, he did, literally. It wasn't hard to miss Leon Lux, the ball of light energy. "I mean, we do no look like superheroes. Well, I do no." Leon finished his bagel. When you watched the movies, you saw muscular, hot men as the superheroes, not skinny boys. "Maybe you do." Leon smiled a little at August. His friend was pretty much what you expect from a hero, charming and strong. "But, I would no let you be seen." Leon nodded, making it his duty to blast light towards anyone who might see August.

DAMON STOKER

tumblr_nihy1vpazB1rau7hjo1_500.gif

Damon walked down the street, straightening out his suit jacket as he made his way towards the diner. It was probably the best place for them; not too uptown, not too downtown. If they went uptown, Damon fitted in with his expensive suit, but would look awfully odd with Zaden following him around. But too downtown, people got shady ideas when they saw an older man in a suit with a young male. He put on his sunglasses as he made his way into the diner, sitting down at his table.

He was a bit early, but he couldn't sit alone in his office for too much longer. Damon put his briefcase on the table and pulled out his phone.​

Last edited:
"Hey, who said you had to be a conventional superhero? I mean, not all superheroes are tall and physically strong," he stated calmly, though if asked to further that point, he knew he would struggle to really come up with one who wasn't tall and dashing, so wisely chose to let that point just trail out and move on rather quickly before they could dwell on it.

"So what's your plan for today? I'll be in work, so I'm not sure what you're doing. Will you be studying at home all day?" He asked casually, finally placing the phone down - anymore research on the villains would just make him feel more than fearful, and that was hardly a superhero-like emotion. So ignoring them as much as he could and not focusing too much on the fact he and Leon would be focused upon by them at some point was wise. "You study way too much, Leon. You're already far more intelligent than anyone I know."

----------

Finally arriving in the diner with his usual sort of swagger, he flopped down opposite him in the booth with an acknowledging nod, though his heartbeat had been racing only seconds previous with the rush that came with sending Leon a text, having pressed send on it just seconds before sitting down. It wasn't something to really worry about, text wise. It was just the fact he was actually pursuing it with a superhero before meeting with Damon to plan his demise that was sort of risky.

'I said I would text ya, we should meet up again soon hon x' he had texted, reading over it again and again even if he was no sat in front of Damon. Perhaps he shouldn't have suggested it - there was no chance they could meet up after he and Damon killed him, but in case the plan failed in any way, he did want to continue meeting with the cute blonde. And the kisses he had sent did at least suggest his genuine want of that. Finally pocketing his phone, he sent the man a small smile finally, a minute after sitting with no words to him. "I'm a little out of it, mate," he explained with a small yawn. "I had a smoke before I came. Not cigarettes, so take that as you will, yeah? Now what's this about, then? The plan?"​

LEON LANDALL

tumblr_nqyngaHy1j1uv45jao2_400.gif
tumblr_nqyngaHy1j1uv45jao6_400.gif

The mention of not being a conventional superhero made Leon let out a quiet huff of amusement. Well, he wasn't quite conventional at all. But it didn't matter, as August said. Maybe his powers made up for it.

"Yes." He replied to August, like it was nothing. Leon liked to study, it made up for his lack of social life. Plus, he couldn't get enough of it. He wanted to get the best degree he could so he could improve his knowledge of his main power. Plus, being a photon physicist with the power to control photons would be awesome. The compliment made him smile, "If I study, then I become smarter." Leon shrugged, looking down at the books. He was surrounded by collage textbooks and other books he had bought. A good substitute for friends. Although, he did have August when he wasn't at work, "It do no harm me." He was about to reach for a textbook when his phone buzzed. Leon almost threw himself at his phone to read the text. He forced himself to not smile, but the blush was hard to hide. "I am free when you are free xx." Leon replied.

DAMON STOKER

tumblr_mhtdwtq8a11qaxi9so2_r1_500.gif

When Zaden appeared, Damon checked around once more to make sure nobody he knew saw. Not because he was ashamed, but it was a dodgy thing to see - A Lawyer with a thug. When they were safe, Damon nodded back, relaxing in his seat. It was quiet for a moment, Damon peered over a little, "Oi, you have company you little shit." Damon kicked him under the table.

Zaden put down his phone as Damon leaned back, "Jesus, it's fucking lunch. Are you ever sober?" Damon asked with a snort of amusement, deciding to drop it, "It don't matter. But yeah, I was thinking the biggest fucking fire we can create." Damon spoke in a low tone, keeping his sunglasses on, "You sneak into the hotel Rouge, light it up and when our heroes appear, I'll create an illusion of fire around them. That way, they won't know what's real. Then we grab em." Damon smirked, hoping Zaden had no problems with it, "Then, they die."

"You told me you didn't have friends at college, so who's texting you?" He asked, his observational skills something that had helped a great deal when catching criminals, at least, and it helped to take note of the blush crossing Leon's face, leaving the older of the two me to arch a brow suspiciously - not the best thing when the person texting Leon was a criminal, and the Ghost character he had been researching seconds before.

Though while he could have been like a dog after a bone, relentless until he found out who he was texting, he instead let out a hearty laugh and eased back into his seat while letting the accusatory frown leave his face. "Relax, it's cool if you found a mate. Is he cute? It would explain the completely unsubtle blush across your face, Leon. You don't need to tell me, I get the privacy thing."

----------

"Fucking kick me again and I'll stab you right in your temple," he automatically snapped, rubbing his knee with a pained grimace, only really realising the automatic threat that left his lips and muttered a frank and swift apology for it before leaning back to listen to him, even if he wasn't in the best place to listen at the moment. He was pretty out of it, slumped back with every blink he made lasting longer than it would do.

Feeling the buzz in his pocket, he decided against answering Leon - it would only piss Damon off again, so wisely chose to listen in and shrug in reply to the plan. "Sounds good," he sighed, rubbing the back of his neck now to ease the pain there. "Do we 'ave to kill 'em both, then? Definitely?"​

LEON LANDALL

When August began to ask about the text, Leon looked up, guilt over his face as he shut down his phone and put it into his pocket. "I-I made a friend." Leon said, a little hurt in his voice. But when August let out a laugh, Leon exhaled. August knew he was gay, and was okay with it, thank God. A lot of the guys in his collage were a bit mean to him about it.

"He's no cute or whatever, just a friend. I am allowed friends, yes?" He said, obviously defensively. Why couldn't he just be better at lying? Leon tried to laugh it off before standing up, "Have fun at work. I will be here when you get home." Leon walked past August and into the kitchen, hoping August wasn't too suspicious.

DAMON STOKER

Damon snorted as Zaden snapped, "Calm your panties." He shook his head. Zaden had such a bad temper. But, Damon could handle it. In fact, his violent outbursts were pretty useful if they got into fights, Zaden was always the one to finish off the enemy before they could strike back.

"Good." Damon raised his hand to call over the waitress, who was waiting to serve them, but when Zaden began to talk, he rudely waved her to go away. He leaned in and took off his sunglasses, eyebrows furrowed. "What else are we gonna do eh? Take them into our homes and make them our slaves?" He snorted, sort of taken back by Zaden's sudden disinterest in the violence, "We can have Enigma as our new kitchen sink and Lux as the human fucking lamp." He said harsh words in the calmest of tones. Damon looked serious for a second before cracking a smile and leaning back, "Of course we're gonna kill em'. We're gonna annihilate them."​

"Jeez, what is with you? Defensive or what?" He chuckled, hiding his surprise behind that again as he stared after the usually meek boy. Though he obviously didn't think that there was anything dodgy about who he was texting - it was probably just some kid at the college who Leon got on with, but Leon being Leon, he was keeping it to himself until the friendship wasn't so fresh and new.

"Leon, really, I don't care about the friend you have, okay? I was just curious-- I'm happy for you. Now don't study too hard, you'll get a headache," he snorted to himself, reaching for his work bag with a file under his arm and another he was stuffing into the already crammed messenger bag. "I'll be bag around five, half past five. Hey, I'll treat us to a pizza for when I get home, how about that? Look, I really have to go, so text me if you still want pizza before I finish, alright?"

----------

"Look, mate, to be honest, I ain't in the mood for this," he sighed quietly, knowing it was hardly the sort of thing that he would ever admit to, and wasn't going to keep things unsuspecting on Damon's part. Hell, Zaden had gained a reputation for beating some people up for no reason. Innocent bystanders, really. So seemingly refusing to be involved in the killings of superheroes, people he should have a reason to hate, didn't see exactly right.

"I'm just tired, and I need to rest, to be honest. Can't we do this tomorrow?" He groaned, already close to just drifting off as he did something as simple as sit down and talk to the other. "I know you're gonna be pissed, but seriously, I don't feel too good and I don't wanna fuck up the whole thing because of tiredness."

LEON LANDALL

Deciding it would be easier for him to stay quiet, Leon opened the fridge and stared into it as August spoke, not getting defensive. He nodded, slowly reaching to pick up the orange juice and closing the fridge. Leon turned to August and nodded, not being able to hide the flicker of a smile at the mention of pizza. "I always want pizza." He reached for a glass, "I talk to you later. Have a good day." Leon waved August off before taking his orange juice back to his circle of books and sat down. As soon as he heard the door close, Leon pulled out his phone and refreshed the text page again, excited for the next message.

DAMON STOKER

Taken back by the lack of enthusiasm, Damon raised his eyebrows and shrugged. He wasn't gonna get angry, like he never does. It was just odd to see Zaden making excuses not to go out and cause chaos. "Right." He said flatly, sitting up to call over the waitress again, "Two coffee's, to go." He ordered quickly, filing out money to pay for both of them before turning back to Zaden, "How about Monday evening then, rush hour?" He asked, bitterness in his voice.

Damon just hated not getting his way. But, he'd rather move it to Monday rather than have Zaden fuck things up for him. "If were doing then, you better be ready. I ain't letting those bastards escaping our hands again. Got it?" He asked, his anger bubbling inside of him.​

[ Z a d e n ]
"Look, dude, I just... I don't feel up to it," he suddenly admitted, rubbing the back of his neck as he quietly grabbed his coffee. He knew the other was mad, furious really, but he knew that if he went through with it, and saw Leon killed, he really would have a guilty conscience - the first in his life, really. He could just find some way of "accidentally" letting Leon go safe, save him from being killed in some way, but it was risky. But so was simply not bothering to even help Damon.

"Ugh, we'll do it tonight, yeah? As long as you buy me some more cigarettes, I ain't got the cash. Literally, I have five dollars in my other jacket to my name," he said under his breath, though it wasn't to feel sorry for himself - it just mean he had to steal and rob some lady for her handbag at some point, that was all. "We'll go through with the plan tonight, I'll sober up by then, promise. Have some faith in me, mate~"

Status
Not open for further replies.