The Darkness in the Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
LEON LANDALL

tumblr_nqyngaHy1j1uv45jao2_400.gif
tumblr_nqyngaHy1j1uv45jao6_400.gif

"Ow- Careful." Leon pouted as August poked around his sore bruise. It was a gross purple and blood red. Good thing nobody saw him below the waistline. Leon sighed as August gave him the diagnosis, "Thanks Dr. August." He gave August a small smile of amusement before getting up and walking back to his textbooks. He thought for a moment, speaking of Doctors, Leon hadn't seen his 'dad' in a while. And, August had never met him before.

"...August?" Leon turned around, fiddling with his fingers, "Do you think you would like to meet my father?" He asked. Knowing that August was not aware of his synthetic past, or any past, Leon decided now he knows more about August, surely he sould return the favor. "Well, my adoptive father..." He rubbed the back of his neck.

DAMON STOKER

tumblr_mhtdwtq8a11qaxi9so2_r1_500.gif

"You're fucked up." Damon chuckled as he saw Zaden admire himself killing on the screen. It wasn't new, but Damon still found his insane sadism fascinating. "And shut the fuck up." He snorted, "I know, I try unlike some." He grinned at Zaden before disappearing into the bathroom quickly, not wanting something thrown at him.

After a questionable amount of time, Damon had got cleaned up and put on a tank top and sweatpants, appearing in front of Zaden with a cigarette, "C'mon then." He motioned for them to leave as he collected some money for their food. "I'm fucking starving." He moaned, his throat dry from all the alcohol.​

[ A u g u s t ]

"Huh? Oh, I'd love to meet your Dad, that'd be cool. I'd obviously invite you to meet mine, but they live in Monaco at the moment, so it's... not that easy," he chuckled, not having ever thought it odd that Leon hadn't mentioned it beforehand. For one thing, it hadn't ever really come up in conversation, and it families were brought up, he wasn't the sort of person to expect someone to share as much as he did. He understood some people liked to keep that private, even to friends, and he was fine with that. He had up until that point believed Leon to be as such, so hearing the invite did make him feel surprised - but it was a good surprise.

"As your friend, I'd love to meet your father. Is he as smart as you are? If so, I'll have to start studying or something, just to keep a conversation going and to not embarrass you," he laughed to himself, tucking into his prepared breakfast with gusto. "Honestly, I don't want to come across like a total buffoon to him. I want to make a good impression for your sake, so you don't think your friend is a complete idiot. You don't think that of me already, right~?"

----------
[ Z a d e n ]
"Yes, thanks, I realise I'm fucked up," he snorted after he'd disappeared into the shower, watching him go before easing back out and taking a swig of water. He couldn't handle alcohol right now, at least until this headache healed. He did realise this was a perfect time to text Leon, to see if he had calmed down enough yet, but by the time he got around to pushing himself up off the couch -a mighty effort giving his laziness-, Damon had reappeared and urged him up anyway.

"Yeah, fine, 'm comin'," he grumbled, wiping a smear from his shirt and tugging on his leather jacket. He didn't much care how he appeared at the moment, mostly dishevelled and drunk, but that wasn't exactly any different from most mornings. Come afternoon, he did tend to look more neater. "Somewhere cheap, downtown. Where that hot waitress works," he muttered. Sure, he may like Leon, but they weren't dating. Plus he didn't have the best morals to begin with, either.​

LEON LANDALL

A smile of relief flickered onto Leon's mouth for a moment, at least he was enthusiastic. "Cool." He said quietly. The idea of August's parents being away sounded about right, he always seemed well off. Leon shuffled about before sitting down on the couch, facing the back to look at August get breakfast. Leon wasn't too hungry, so he didn't feel like eating anything.

"Oh, no. Dr. Joesphs is a good father, he would no judge my friends." Leon smiled, his father was one of the few things he could smile about. "He is a doctor, but he reads the paper, so you have that in common." Leon said in amusement before looking down at his phone. No text from Zaden... Even though he was aware now his activity, Leon still wanted that attention. "If you would like to come around for a meal, then I am happy for you to meet him in an evening." He said, opening up a new message to talk to his father.

DAMON STOKER

tumblr_nihy1vpazB1rau7hjo1_500.gif

"Yeah, yeah, I know the one." Damon shook his head. His sexual attraction was rare these days. He never really liked women, or men all too much. He only really imagined sex with someone who he trusted would not hurt him. But, he never saw that happening any time soon.

The two appeared in the diner, sititng in a booth near the window. Damon took out a cigarette and began to lit it. Once he did, he blew out smoke before looking up to Zaden, "So, about these heroes..." He said, "I don't exactly wanna confront them again and risk our identities getting out-" Damon took another breath of smoke in, leaning back in his chair, "So, I was thinkin' we get closer to them without them realizing, find some family members to fuck up... Then fuck em' up without them even knowing... Ya getting me?" Damon tilted his head, breathing out the smoke, hoping Zaden would catch the drift.​

[ A u g u s t ]

"He reads the paper? Oh brilliant, I can always talk about my job is I find myself getting awkward-- as nice as I'm sure your father is, Leon, I'm not the best at meeting new people. You know, when I was being interviewed for the job at the newspaper, I was sick right there in the office, in the waste bin," he admitted absently from behind his own newspaper, eyeing the article he had written and edited himself, just to ensure it looked and read well. It was a bit late if it wasn't up to standard, given it had been printed and being sold, but it was something he always worried about: not being up to his own standards.

"It's my Achilles' heel," he said, pulling his eyes from the article to take a deep swig of his coffee. "I mean, what Damon said -Deception or whatever his villain name is- about me is... true. I guess he resents that I was born into wealth? I don't know, I... couldn't help it, could I? Besides, I work at a newspaper now, it's hardly all luxury and wealth. I work for my money, I don't get spoonfed..."

----------
[ Z a d e n ]
"Huh?" The younger of the men blurted, absently hearing him speak and did take in his words, but he did have to tear his eyes off the waitress he apparently had his intentions set upon, proving his distraction. Finally sighing and easing back to stare across at him, he registered the words before nodding in understanding. "I got 'ya, s'cool. I guess that'd be alright. I mean, we gotta do fuckin' somethin', mate, and I ain't having my cover blown. I'll do anythin' you say, alright?"

He sighed to himself; it was easier to let Damon work out the plans and just follow them, because they did tend to work out, he had to give him that. And this plan sounded pretty well worked out. it was a change of direction, not going for the heroes directly, but as long as they didn't hurt Leon specifically, Zaden was fine with it. Sure, he could really mess up a family member of his and not care, but as long as it wasn't Leon himself, he was perfectly happy.​

LEON LANDALL

The idea of August being so nervous seemed odd, August had such a strong and confident demeanor. Leon blinked and shrugged, "No, you were just lucky." Leon smiled, not knowing what that was like, but he couldn't exactly hate August for something out of his control, "I know. you are hard working though. You earned now." Leon smiled before texting his dad, notifying him of a visit soon.

When he finished, Leon paused before looking up at August, "...August? What was your childhood like?" Leon asked. He realized quickly when he got to the US that not every kid was raised by robots and lived in basically a human cage. But, he never really talked about being a kid with anyone, mainly because he didn't want to look odd. But he trusted that August wouldn't judge him, "Was it nice?" He asked as he switched positions on the couch, sitting cross-legged against the back of the couch.

DAMON STOKER

"Yeah, Yeah." Damon sighed, shaking his head at the boys desire for the waitress. Damon caught her eye and wavered her over, "Could we just get some coffee and two things of bagels - each." He nodded at her as she walked away in her high heels. "You don't have a fuckin' chance." Damon snorted at Zaden.

"Anyway, yeah. Try to get closer to that lamp and find out where his family are." Damon said, finishing off the cigarette and putting it out on the table. The villain was oblivious to the fact Zaden was texting the hero, and Leon knew exactly who he was. "I'm pretty sure August's bank are in another country..." Damon mumbled, remembering August's parents. His mother was nice to Damon all the time, but his father was a little more skeptical. He referred to them as his 'bank' when they were younger too, since August practically swam in money.​

[ A u g u s t ]

"My childhood?" He asked quizzically, brow arched as he thought that over, easing back into his chair with a sudden contemplative expression. "I... suppose I had a great childhood. My parents, they... look, I won't sugercoat it. We were rich. I had my home, and then two more in the country and a holiday one in Spain. I know I was lucky to be born into wealth, but it didn't mean I had everything. I went to a normal little school, and my childhood was pretty good because of it. I made friends with kids who were... less fortunate, and I had fun, y'know? Damon and I were practically inseparable. We played pranks, we had sleepovers-- heck, once, when we were fourteen, he helped me get a date with some guy I had a crush on," he murmured, smiling quietly at the nostalgia of his good childhood suddenly hitting him.

Well, until he recognised it only made him feel a tad upset because of how Damon had turned out.

"My childhood didn't please everyone, apparently," he chuckled bitterly, placing his cutlery onto the empty plate with a heavy sigh, trying to continue smiling all the same. "...I just... it... pisses me off, excuse my French. How I was oblivious to how much Damon was hurting when we were teenagers. If he'd just told me, things could have been different, Leon."

----------
[ Z a d e n ]
Ignoring his comment about the waitress for a moment, mostly because he became distracted by his following statement, he did flop back lazily against the booth with a small smile threatening to break his face. Fortunately, though, he managed to disguise that and fake annoyance. Though he was nothing but pleased about the prospect of getting close to Leon, even if it wasn't for the best intentions as far as Damon would be concerned.

Though he was planning to flirt a lot and at least get a possible relationship going, so even if he had to hurt Leon's family in the long run, it would be worth it to spend time with him without having to go about hiding it.

"Sure, no problem. I can do that easy peasy," he smirked, taking a long drag on the cigarette he had lit up absently, his eyes finally trailing back towards the waitress. He may have his sights on a relationship with Leon, something he would never consider really, but he wasn't a paragon of virtue. In his mind, if he wanted something, he would get it. Even if that included hurting someone he did care for. "How the fuck can you say that? I could totally get her if I wanted-- she's so fuckin' hot, Damon. Like... I'm gonna just ask her out, she can't say no to me. I may be scum, but I'm pretty dashing. And most girls like a bad boy."​

LEON LANDALL

Watching August reminisce his childhood made Leon smile a little. It wasn't surprising that he had grew up in such comfy conditions, but at least he didn't turn out cocky about it. "That sounds fun." He smiled. "Damon sounds - sounded, like a good friend." Leon's smile faded a bit. It was sad to see that August kind of still thought of Damon as not a villain.

Leon sighed and stood up, his stomach hurting a little. He limped over, "Well, there is nothing you can do. It was his problems." Leon shrugged, reaching into the fridge for some milk. "At least you had it better than me." Leon attempted to make August feel better, but realized it was a bit of a shitty comfort, "Well, I mean. It was no your fault." He smiled, pouring the milk into a glass, "Damon allowed his own demons to take control." He said, taking sips of the milk before sitting down slowly in front of August, sipping the milk.

DAMON STOKER

A snort came from Damon as he leaned back too, laughing a bit, "Sure thing. Go on then, I bet you 10 bucks she'll say no." Damon fished into his pockets and pulled out papers, putting the tenner on the side before getting the rest to pay for their food. He grinned at Zaden with deviance, "She's way out of your league. Those blonde curly haired girls don't dig thugs like you." He chuckled. Damon didn't actually thing Zaden was ugly or anything, he just liked to make fun of his friend.

The waitress walked back over with plates of food on a tray, along with their coffees. "Thanks." He said quietly, slipping the money onto her tray before looking over to Zaden, like he was waiting for him to do something. Damon wasn't sure if he'd say it now, or try later, but Damon found the way he acted around attractive people amusing.

[ A u g u s t ]

"Oh, he was my best friend, and... I guess it was my fault that it ended. I didn't mean to ruin it by going for a scholarship-- what sort of jerk goes for a scholarship against his best friend"? He sighed, starting to at least understand Damon's view a little. Granted, he still didn't feel it warranted what Damon had become, the sort of person he was now, but he understand the beginning of it - his wealth had been flaunted in front of Damon, and it was probably the scholarship that had been the last straw for his old friend.

Sighing quietly once hearing the other, he really didn't want to have his childhood seem any more greater. He already felt pretty annoyed with himself for having a nice childhood, so hearing that Leon's may not be that great did make him frown-- until noting that this wasn't about himself. "How was your childhood?" He asked, eyeing the boy curiously. "I mean, I must have had it better than most people, to be honest Leon. I was... lucky."

----------
[ Z a d e n ]
Once hearing the man speak, it did immediately make Zaden all that more determined to prove him wrong - and if there was money depending on it, he was definitely going to go for it. Besides, he did have confidence in his abilities. "Oi, she is not outta my fuckin' league. I once dated a model-- well, she used to be a model. She's a drug addict now," he shrugged calmly, most girls he knew from his neighbourhood being of that calibre.

"Hey," he grinned the moment the blonde approached, trying not to over think things, because it tended to make him feel awkward. "Not to be blunt or nothin', but you're pretty cute," he smiled, deciding a straight up compliment was decent enough. Wasn't it? "Can I get your number or somethin'~?"

LEON LANDALL

"So, you can no feel bad for that." He shrugged. How could he make August feel bad about something out of his control? Leon blinked and thought as he sipped his drink, "Well, I did no have one..." He said, not sure how to explain it. He had never told anyone before, "Well, I was brought up as a science experiment. So, I did no go to school, or have a best friend or any of that." He took another sip, "I was treated well, but, it was no childhood." Leon sighed, knowing it was a shame but nothing he could do about it. His dad said that's why he acted a little childish now.

"It was only because of Dr. Josephs I wasn't disposed of as a teen." He smiled up to August like it was nothing before taking a big gulp of milk, "Although, it does mean I have no demons from my childhood." He joked trying to make light of the conversation.

DAMON STOKER

Watching the blonde girl shrug and giggle, Damon did the same. Zaden was pretty funny to watch. He had to stare down at his coffee as he bit his lip hard to not laugh out loud. He watched the waitress set down a napkin. Damon couldn't tell if she had written her number down or not, but she strutted away without saying a word. Damon waited until she left before laughing.

"Mate, that was hilarious, you're a fucking tool." Damon shook his head and ripped apart his bagel, stuffing it into his mouth, "Did'ya get her number, or do you owe me?" He grinned as he chewed on the tough bread, gripping his coffee.​

[ A u g u s t ]

"That sounds... well, awful," he stated after a moment of having to digest that. He knew it wasn't about him at the moment, but it did just make him feel a tad more guilty about his own childhood. Though, at the same time, it did make him appreciate his own childhood a hell of a lot more. He didn't have a childhood in the shadows of his best friend like Damon, and he definitely didn't have one like Leon. His, despite all the wealth, seemed normal.

"If Dr Josephs stopped that happening, then I want to meet him a lot more," he said with a smile - it was only when he heard that about the doctor that he understood just why Leon adored him so much. The man had practically saved him, and that in itself was a reason why August wanted to meet him now. "...Look, Leon, you obviously didn't have a conventional childhood, ah... I'm sorry for that? I dunno, I can't even comprehend it."

----------
[ Z a d e n ]
"I ain't a fuckin' tool," he grunted, eyeing the napkin with a nervous sigh. If he had failed to get her number, it would be highly embarrassing, and his bravado would just take a massive knock. He didn't think he was some lothario - he wasn't that deluded, but he didn't think he was entirely that bad.

So when unfurling the napkin, he didn't hold back on smugly smirking as he outstretched a hand expectantly. "Oi, she gave me a number, so I want the cash, mate. See? I'm a catch, girls like me~"​

LEON LANDALL

"Ah it is no problem. I accept my childhood as it is. Or lack of." Leon said. It was a surprising amount of relief he felt, for finally getting to tell someone. And he trusted August wouldn't go telling people. If the society found out Leon was still alive, he'd have no chance. "Oh, just do no tell Dr. Josephs I told you. He is weird about that." He shrugged before taking out his phone again.

"Why do we no see him tonight?" Leon asked with a smile, "It has been a long time since I last saw him. He'd be happy to see me with friends." He'd have to hide his limp from his father, he'd be upset Leon was getting himself into this sort of trouble.

DAMON STOKER

Damon's smug face melted off his face when Zaden got the number. "Oh fuck off. No way." Damon leaned forward and snatched the napkin. There it was. "Fuck off." He shook his head with a laughter, sliding the money to Zaden. Well, maybe pretty blonde girls did like bad boys after all.

"Anyway..." Damon moved on the conversation quickly so Zaden wouldn't gloat for too long, "Find out what the two are up to today, maybe we can get started on fucking up their shit." He said through the bread in his mouth.​

[ A u g u s t ]

"Hey, relax, I won't tell him I know. If you don't want me to, then I won't. I trust you to know what's best concerning your own father," he chuckled, placing his newspaper down once having enough of the story he was faced with - there was really only one major story that was creating the headlines, and that was the previous night's battle. He was just thankful that he hadn't mistakenly shown his face during the battle with his former friend - if he had, it would be the end of his quiet lifestyle that, outside of being a hero, typified normality.

"You wanna go tonight?" He suddenly asked, his blue eyes mixed with sudden surprise, because it did seem rather quick, though saying no wasn't an option. Besides, it would curb his growing curiosity about this Dr Joseph, and seeing how happy it would make Leon to see him, it was worth going purely for that. "Sure, that sounds pretty good. Does he live far?"

----------
[ Z a d e n ]
"Oi, you don't have to be so fucking surprised," he huffed, pocketing the money with no real hesitation. He had literally no money to his name at the moment, and practically sponged off Damon, so feeling he had earned the money meant he had something; some money that was his own. Yet it would just be spent on weed or cigarettes. All the money he came into knowledge of was spent on those sorts of things.

"And how exactly do I find out, mate?" He asked in genuine wonderment, leaning back against the booth with eyes absently following the waitress as she passed. "Because I don't really scream 'good guy'. I can't approach them or nothin'."​

LEON LANDALL

When asked, Leon nodded with enthusiasm. He was actually excited to introduce August to his father. "Great! He lives in a small house in suburb, outside city." Leon looked up from his phone after sending a quick message to his father. "Thank you." He said before sitting back into his circle of textbooks.

Opening one about astrophysics, Leon placed it on his lap before opening a text message to Zaden. He had little to no idea to how you 'speak' to someone, let alone date them. In short, Leon knew jack-shit. Especially since he was interested in the villainous side-kick. "Hey x" He texted, biting his lip.

DAMON STOKER

"I don't fuckin' know." Damon finished chugging down his coffee as he leaned back. Damon put the mug down and opened his cigarette case again, "You can turn fucking invisible, yeah? Do that." He looked down. Empty, "Ah fuck..." He grumbled, seeing he was out of smoke.

"Anyways, gotta refil-" He shook his case. Damon stood up and shuffled around in his pocket, placing a couple of coins on the table before walking off, "I'll text you later." Damon nodded before walking out.​

[ A u g u s t ]

August smiled quietly to himself at the prospect of meeting the man, deciding he was rather looking forward to it now, and in turn, would make sure to have Leon visit his parents when they made a visit to the city from their home in Monaco. They tended to make visits back home once a year, if he recalled rightly, and so when they did, he did want Leon to meet them.

There was the worry that they would be too... posh, and he really didn't want to be judged for that, but he knew they were nice people, and their wealth shouldn't really be the main thing they were judged immediately for. They were kind, caring and effortlessly generous-- August liked to think that the being of the higher ranks in society didn't hinder how they were as people.

"Hey, who are you texting now then? You're always texting recently," he chuckled, even though there was a hint of curiousness finally to his tone. He was starting to find it... slightly odd from someone like Leon. "I know I've asked before, but... I dunno, you haven't texted this much before."

----------
[ Z a d e n ]
Glowering angrily to himself at the other's attitude, he did roll his eyes once realising that he was used to it, and frankly, he gave as good as he received, so there wasn't too much he could complain about without looking hypocritical. So tiredly flopping back and letting the other trail out with a simple nod in recognition of his leaving.

Once he had left, he did receive the text, unable to stop a breaking smile. He may have just received a girl's number, but he was still more than happy to hear from Leon. Admittedly, it was also because he had a task to see through and this helped greatly, but aside from that, his genuine like for the hero's sidekick made receiving a text from him rather endearing.

'Hey hon xx What you up to?'

LEON LANDALL

When questioned, Leon looked up with conviction in his face, "And what of it?" He asked, his plain face glowing with red guilt. He really didn't want August knowing that this was Ghost, but maybe he could get away with, lying? No, it wouldn't be lying, just avoiding the truth...

"A boy has given me his mobile number." Leon said, his face turning pink as he looked down to the buzzing phone. "It's not a big deal." He said, even though it was. It probably was a big break through for the annoying weird Leon Landall. Hopefully now he knew, August would drop it. Leon read the text and turned away, hiding his pink face, "I am studying. You? x"

Without saying anymore, Leon opened up his textbook and put his phone down, beginning to read. Astrophysics wasn't exactly the most exciting to him, but it was compulsory. Leon looked up to catch August's eye for a second before looking down again, trying to get focused on the pages in front of him

[ A u g u s t ]

In truth, all August wanted to do in that moment was snatch the phone and attempt to see what was the cause of all the blushing his friend was causing his cheeks to go through. But given he did have manners and was polite enough to know just how rude that was, he chose to simply sit back and flicker through the newspapers again.

Like Leon, it wasn't that exciting to him right now, but while it wasn't compulsory, he was doing it to simply let time slip by, despite curiosity niggling away at him more furiously as time went past.

"So you really aren't going to tell me more than a boy gave you his number?" He finally blurted, realising just how awfully rude and uncouth it was, but... he couldn't help being intrigued. He had never known Leon to ever be like this, after all. "...Was he cute?"​

LEON LANDALL

It was quiet for a good few seconds. Leon managed to read a couple of words before August couldn't help himself. What did Leon expect? If August got interest in someone, of course Leon would make sure it was someone good for August. August deserved someone in his life.

Deciding to give up information, Leon looked up, "He is nice." His face was blank, except for his pink blush. He imagined Zaden in his mind, "Just a tall, dark and handsome boy, that is all." He shrugged, trying to act like it was no big deal at all. He just was scared of spiraling into a big lie, August wasn't that dumb. Surely.

He looked back at his book, putting the phone in his pocket, trying to cool down his pink face.

DAMON STOKER

"No, I won't settle for Marlboro - No. Fuck, it doesn't matter." Damon said in a calm matter as he walked out of the corner store with irritation. His need for smoke was almost as intense as his need for destruction. As he left the store, he created the illusion of rats scurrying from their storage room. That'll teach the rude server. Her screams were pleasure to his ears.

Damon made his way down the street towards the city as he pulled out his phone, "If ya not too busy with her, get on Luxs location?" He texted Zaden, who was lovingly named "The Dick" In his contacts. He only had him, then work numbers saved. He didn't really do social media either, which was for an obvious reason. Damon made his way into the next corner store, hoping to get a good smoke soon.​

[ A u g u s t ]

"Tall, dark and handsome?" He blurted again, starting to really curse himself for that - if his parents were present, they would reprimand him for it, regardless of his age. They had brought him up with manners, and expected him to uphold them; not continue inquiring it what was someone else's business.

Though, he did see Leon as a close friend, his only true one really, so his curiosity, he felt, was explained.

Besides, he had told the other everything he could about his and Damon's friendship after the boy questioned him, so August felt he probably had the right to ask so many times.

"...I don't mean to be rude," he suddenly apologised, running a hand through his hair tiredly. "I'm just curious... I... haven't dated anyone, and this sort of stuff does intrigue me. If you do end up dating him, I'm happy for you."

----------
[ Z a d e n ]
The thug, still flopped against the booth in the diner and downing his coffee, had been in the middle of preparing to reply to Leon until receiving Damon's text, sighing heavily to himself. And promptly swearing out loud, but that was natural and instantaneous with him nowadays - there wasn't a second where he wasn't swearing, anyway.

'Yeah got it, stop fucking worrying'

Smiling to himself at the bluntness he replied with, always enjoying giving Damon attitude, he did flick through the contacts to reach Leon's name again, pondering just how to bring up the question of his whereabouts without sounding creepy. It was... odd, really.

'What are your plans for today then? xx'

ONE MONTH LATER
LEON LANDALL

Leon nibbled on his lip nervously as he waited for Zaden to meet him. It was getting harder and harder for Leon to keep on lying about Zaden to August. Each time he left the house, he'd have to make up an excuse, or say he was meeting the mysterious male from collage. And that only provoked August's curiosity, since Leon didn't give him much but a description.

Over the past couple of weeks, he'd meet Zaden for Saturday evening coffee, or movies. Now it was getting dark earlier, it was slowly surrounding the boy and making him nervous. He got out his phone for a source of light and opened up the texts from Zaden, which were taking all his memory. They texted daily and nightly, they only stopped when Lux went out to prevent crime. It didn't even cross his mind that Zaden might have bad intentions, he couldn't see the flames over the smoke. Leon was smitten.

"I'm here xx" He texted Zaden, hoping he wasn't too far away. Plus he said he would be back before midnight to August. He felt like a big baby when it came to the night, even though he was basically a giant lamp.

A sound came from behind the dumpster he was hiding behind. Nervously, Leon poked his head around the metal in hope to see Zaden.

DAMON STOKER

Nights like this were the best nights for August to be alone. Except this time, he decided to go into the apartment. Using illusion to hide everything he did, Damon slid through the fire escape. Unfortunately, he couldn't disguise the noise, but at least August wouldn't see anything.

Damon wondered if August had expected anything yet. He'd been spending a couple of nights a week outside the apartment, giving the illusion that August had left the tap on, or that the lights were flickering. Some nights when August woke up for a drink, Damon would go full on and create flashing images of Leon dead on his couch, or his parents tied to the chairs. But as soon as it panicked August, Damon got rid of the image in a second, hoping he thought he was having nightmares.

Damon stood next to the front door, scratching it with his nails as he created the image of his invisibility.

Hopefully it would drive him crazy. If not, Damon would just attack the people around him, starting with Dr. Josephs...​

[ A u g u s t ]

And for the majority of that month, the other's plans hadn't exactly worked out as was hopefully planned. For three weeks, August proceeded to carry on as normal in his apartment, blaming his own forgetfulness whenever the light was on when he could have been sure that he had turned it off. And the visions of Leon and the like? He blamed over exhaustion. It was true he had been working far too hard at work, and as a hero, and he placed the blame of his images on that.

And then there was the worry he had over Leon. He knew he was supposed to be seeing that 'boy from college', but the sheer fact he had neglected to let August meet him was starting to grow wearisome, and more than worrying on August's part. In his mind, there was no reason for him not to meet the boy unless there was a purposeful reason he was being kept in the dark about it.

Yet, in the last month, he himself had to admit that there was something going on. He didn't assume it to be his former friend, but more... well, the desired process. That he was losing it. And on that night, he was happily lounging on his couch with a glass of whiskey, flicking through the TV-- until hearing the scratching. "Who... Who's there? Shit... ah... hello?"

----------
[ Z a d e n ]
"Are you actually scared? You're a fucking lamp. You're not scared of the dark, are you?" The sneering, albeit playful tone of Zaden cooed out from the corner - if he hadn't spoken, the scent of the cigarettes he smoked would probably have given him away. Trailing across to his... well, they weren't officially dating, but he would call him his boyfriend, for argument's sake, he moved to affectionately peck his lips with a genuine smile.

Sure, he was under orders by Damon to mess with Leon, use him for information... but he had developed strong feelings for him, and regardless of his friend, he didn't want to ever hurt Leon. Ever.

"So, wanna grab some late night food? I'm fuckin' starved, I swear. Damon's pretty lousy sometimes. Never leaves me food-- mind you, I don't save my money well. It all goes on smokes and drugs and-- anyway. I fancy a burger," he babbled, not really wanting to portray how he was to him. Leon knew his habits, and knew what sort of person he was, but Zaden... found himself slightly ashamed of all that. Not enough to stop it, but enough to ensure he didn't do drugs in front of his unofficial boyfriend.

"Come on then, blondie," he beamed, happy to nudge him along through the alley. "How's your day been, 'en?"

Status
Not open for further replies.