The Darkest Night [OOC+SIGNUP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good thought! And an interesting viewpoint to have, I'm sure.
Definitely accepted.

• Thank You
Reactions: Arcadius
If only Ivaar were sneakier. "You want to be in charge? Then you can be the one to make the announcement that food isn't free."

Alas, it wouldn't be true to form.

If this r.p is still accepting I'd like to submit a CS if that's okay

The Veiled Swordsman

NAME: Kyren Arendale
RACE: Human
MEANS: Kyren is the result of an affair between a faraway king and his much besotted kitchen wench. The true nature of his parentage was kept a secret from all but the kitchen staff who knew of the king's occasional visits to their quarters. As a result, Kyren was able to grow up in the castle with his mother and worked as a kitchen hand for wages. He also received lessons in swordsmanship from his father whenever the Queen was away, and he continued practicing on his own when his father could not help him. He eventually became good enough to fight for silver in the kingdom's fighting pits.

APPEARANCE: Kyren a little over five feet tall and he is usually clad in a dark grey cloak with the hood pulled back. He keeps his sword and a few knives hidden beneath this cloak. His hair is mid-length, dark and curly. His eyes match his hair in darkness. His skin is a light coffee tone and has small scars from his days in the fighting pits that he keeps hidden.

Brief summary - Kyren was sent away from home after his mother began to harbour fears that the Queen would hear the whispers of his lineage. He set out without his father's knowing, with only his sword and a small amount of money. He eventually found himself in the doomed city where he had intended to stay for a night at a local inn before moving on. However, he found himself underground when the city sank. He has since worked as a hand in one of the kitchens operated by the council. However, he has bigger ambitions that he intends to set in motion. He aspires to be the first to lead a group into the depths of the tunnels and return to tell the tale. He continues to train tirelessly with his sword, sometimes without rest. His mind is set on a straight path; to lift himself above the status of a fatherless peasant and live up to the king's blood that runs through his veins

Absolutely still accepting, glad to have you!
And he looks good, so feel free to post when ready. I'll link him to the front page when I get the chance.

I'm probably going to write a post with Jeb sneaking into the kitchen looking for something to eat in awhile. ^^

@Jhuton

The Doctor

NAME: Shaylee Rayne
RACE: Half human, half elf
MEANS: Nursing

APPEARANCE: Black hair, blue-grey eyes, oval face with dimples when you get her to smile, average height and weight though she looks skinny to most.

Brief summary - She used to just be one of many nurses that helped the doctors do their jobs throughout the city. Now though, well, several (if not all) of the elder doctors had been busy with house calls and meetings in the richest parts of town when the quake hit, others were killed in residual rock falls as they tried to help those hurt or trapped. She was basically promoted to being a doctor simply for the fact that she knew more of what she was doing than normal citizens and they had no one else to turn to for the more normal aches and pains of the main job now, digging the tunnel. She and the remaining doctors and nurses had their hands full trying to keep the remainder of the city as well as they could. She wants to go on one of the tunnel missions to help try to find another way out of this place or simply a way to see the sun again. She doesn't like the dark but this is where she was born and where she grew up. Originally she had wanted to complete her training and leave to find work in another city if she could, but fate changed her plans and she is stuck here. She is confident they can find a way out, even if it does take time, anything good takes time to acquire as her father used to say before he passed.

She was often ostracized growing up for being not all human and for being adopted, though she knew she could never have asked for better parents. Even if they did not give birth to her, they raised her with love and a desire to help others. Her parents had been well enough to do to live closer to the light, and that is just one reason she wants to see the sun again. Both were home when the earthquake struck, though of course there is no way to know if they survived the initial blast or not, though that thought grows dimmer by the day.

She does have a quickfire temper at times. When she is pushed too far for too long, she will snap at her attacker, though it is usually over with quickly, leaving her feeling bad for snapping. Most of the time she is quiet, watching in the background as events happen and doing her best to keep people alive. When she does go home, it is to a low rent apartment now, one where she keeps the only thing she had left from her formal life besides memories, her dog, Marley. The dog is her protector and her friend, a confidant when the world seems bleak.

[/INDENT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Accepted - welcome @Starrnico !
You can start posting whenever you are ready.

I was wondering if there were posting requirements for this R.P, because things seem to be moving at a tedious pace

I'd like to join up. Gimme a bit for the character sheet

The Native

NAME: Rha'Tak'Inar
RACE: Deep Elf
MEANS: Herding

APPEARANCE: Standing very tall compared to humans, his entire frame was covered in a mishmash of scars of varying ages, but the lack of sunlight makes it seem fresh upon his ghostly pale, almost translucent skin. He has very long, bone white hair he usually weaves into braids to keep them in check. His eyes are a bioluminescent white that help him see in the pitch blackness of the greater depths, but also doesn't make things like magma seem too bright. His teeth seems to be made for carnivores instead of the standard human version, and promptly gives a menacing look every time he smiles. He has a very lithe build, filled with taut, lean muscle covering the whole span. He wears a crude combination of leather clothing and chitin plating

Brief summary - Surface civilisation has long forgotten the subterranean civilisation with subterranean civilisation doing the exact same. Deep within the bowels of the world where there was no light lived a race called Deep Elves. Rha'Tak'Inar was a herder of giant mole like beasts called Vha'Da'Seer. He took great pride in his work, and boasted to his peers that he could track down any stray. That was ultimately his downfall as he accepted a challenge to find a Vha'Da'Seer who was missing for well over a month of conventional time. He lost his way after a week, and found himself close to the surface as the disaster happened. He was quiet surprised at the city he never knew could even exist, and intrigued by the prospect of something as powerful as a sun. He decided to stay and observe the people, and see if he could help them if they would accept it.

Note: He uses weapons made of chitin crudely carved into basic spears and axes. He uses spider silk bolas as a ranged weapon and has plenty of experience fighting horrors of the deep.
[/INDENT]

Last edited:
It seems to be moving a tad slow, @Jhuton , but that might just be the summer going on. In other news, I am back from my LARP thing, so expect post from me sometime tomorrow-ish.

I'm sorry to say I'm going to withdraw from this rp, sorry for any inconveniences. ^^'

Hello I'm sorry to say but, I'm going to be dropping out. Sorry for and inconveniences.

@Mysty @Lulunopia
No worries! Thanks for letting me know and feel welcome if you find yourself wishing to return. Good luck with everything. (:

@Lurcolm
Nice! I like the added possibilities this brings! Consider yourself a member of the team and free to post when ready.

@Jhuton
I did not have a posting requirement stated in the rules. I only asked that everyone be involved here in this thread - knowing that is usually leads also to extended interest in the story, too.

That being said, I have been admittedly slow on this as well the last few weeks, but after this Wednesday I'll have more time myself to hopefully help you all get in and become part of something more put together. I just ask that whoever is still genuinely interested to throw in your own ideas, be it concerning just your character or the story as a whole to this thread. Make a presence for yourself here and you won't be forgotten in character.

@harleygore @BearEnthusiast @Starrnico @Arcadius

This is just a check in! Hope everyone is well. It's been a bit quiet here, so I wanted to double check those that are still interested.
I'd like to discuss possibilities for a greater story and integrating all characters from here-on now that we have a solid amount of people. I apologize if any of you have found it difficult to jump in and would like to remedy that together.

Please let me know if you would like to drop - no grudges held here, I understand. Also let me know if you are still in! There are no posting requirements here for the IC, so no worries. On the other hand, I do ask that this thread be relatively active.

I think I got to everything I meant to. Hope to hear from you guys and we can start discussing ideas here soon.

I tried to rate you : You get a cookie, but the buttons are so small on my phone I kept giving you the negative ones, haha. So: You get a cookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.